Vimeo Livestream Reviews & Product Details

Vimeo Livestream Overview

What is Vimeo Livestream?

Vimeo Livestream provides broadcasters around the world with the products and services to live stream their events.

Vimeo Livestream Details

Vimeo
2004
New York, NY
@Vimeo

Vimeo Livestream Reviews

Showing 23 Vimeo Livestream reviews
Already have Vimeo Livestream?
Sr Consultant
AE
What do you like best?

The easy and flexible link embed options Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Vimeo isn't the best at dealing with connection down time. If internet drops, it can be difficult to reset this in a slick way for the end user. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Get in touch with customer support and outline your requirements. Read the detailed FAQs and instructions, as there's lots of good advice online to get you set up. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have moved our entire events service provision to online, with the help of Vimeo. This process has been very easy, from onboarding to delivery. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Co-Owner
What do you like best?

Vimeo is already one of the best video platforms, so by having the live stream capabilities I found that my team can live stream our content just as easy as you can upload you can stream. I found that people really love interacting with us Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Live stream doesn't get as many views as our regular videos do, but if we want the interaction we will stream live! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would like to see the quality of streams to be higher! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I found that it's hard for our audience to stream on their phones through a web browser or non app software. It is best with a laptop. It helps with connecting to our audience and gauging their real reaction to our content! We have found a new segment of the audience loves live streams and prefers that sort of content! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AR
What do you like best?

Livestream looked like a good solution for our church streaming needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Because of limitations when interfacing with Wirecast, we tried to cancel our account after only one day. Their website said they offer a 30-day money back guarantee. The cancel button would only let me cancel the renewal for the next year, and not my current subscription that was only one day old. Tried calling but can only get salespeople, who say they can't help. I've gone through their "support" email system twice with no reply, other than the automated email that says they received my email. I get a help ticket number, but no replies in over a month. Customer service is horrible. Looks like I'm going to have to pay $900 for something I can't use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

None. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UP
What do you like best?

Fairly user intuitive and straightforward. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Had slight connection issues. I am not sure whether it was Vimeo or on my end. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It has allowed me to connect with friends, family and other people Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Professional Organization Coach
What do you like best?

Livestream's multi-stream capabilities made for great simulcasts across Facebook and YouTube or across multiple pages. The functionality within a live stream allows for a ton of creative license while everything comes together professionally and beautifully. That being said, in order to take advantage of the creative capabilities, you need an expert's help. We were able to find a contractor to assist in the campaign set up and execution during important client events. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The platform requires an expert to set up and stream correctly, especially to multiple platforms and pages. The setup is definitely not as simple as just creating a live on Facebook but the extra work seems to pay off if you need to stream to multiple pages and platforms. If you don't have live stream or video experience you will need to contract an expert for help as the platform is not easy to learn. It is a valuable tool to learn but it can take months to master the platform if you've never used it before. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're a Live stream beginner, take advantage of their support and find an expert to teach you! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Livestream solved our problem of the complexity of streaming to multiple pages and platforms. It allows the brand to provide a cohesive message and stream as well and include brand partners and influencers. The analytics within livestream has been beneficial as well. Especially when reviewing the performance of a particular event. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UA
What do you like best?

Good functionality that allows for a good creative process Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

You need to be a pro to set it up and requires to much to set up. Needs to be more simplified Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We were able to stream with analytics that helped us gain insight Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AF
What do you like best?

LiveStream has been perfect for our business, which produces thousands of pages of video content, and has a livechat room that our thousands of members love. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

As they add upgrades, it has made some tech issues arise with privacy, titling, and ability to download. What we dislike the most is how difficult it is to search the recordings inside of LiveStream. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

When LiveStream joins with Vimeo, it will hopefully result in the best of both worlds...all the things we like about LS and Vimeo and none of the things we don't. We are very hopeful about that merger. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We mass produces large amounts of videos, and so we need a both a producer studio as well as the continued streaming. We also use LS for our chatroom and it works very well. We've been with LS the entire three years in business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Youth and Media Pastor
Financial Services
What do you like best?

Incredibly user-friendly interface. Connectivity with other platforms. Easy to implement for a a church or group of any size. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Customer support has been a bit challenging to deal with at times. Have had occasional issues with streams losing connectivity. Generally an extremely positive experience overall though. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're looking to broadcast your service or other meeting to the masses, I can think of no better solution than Livestream. They are the standard in the streaming business for a reason. The quality of video, the ease of use, the easily accessible database of previous recordings - Facebook, Youtube, and other streaming sites just don't cut it for a professional business. That's why you need LIvestream. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Livestream has allowed our church to not only have a easily accessible database of past services, but to broaden our outreach to get our message out to the world! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Associate
Professional Training & Coaching
What do you like best?

We stream 2 1-hour events a week, and the Livestream basic account meets all our needs. Livestream's level of subscription fits our current needs. We were nervous about the acquisition by Vimeo but will stay with Livestream for the time being. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It is not possible to move a post if it was categorized incorrectly at first. The inability to edit a post in this way is particularly troubling (requires you to get it right the first time, and who does that 100% of the time?!) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Livestream was recently acquired by Vimeo, so it's possible the experience will change under new ownership. I know we didn't like Vimeo's new subscription offerings--it's unclear when we'll be forced to choose. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our people are getting our content when before they simply had to miss out on the experience. We find our clients are more informed because they have access to Livestream. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Worship Leader
Religious Institutions
What do you like best?

Livestream is incredibly easy to use and helps you display great livestream quality at a reasonable price. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

In the past, we have had Livestream's servers fail during our events. There was a month or so last year where it was happening sporadically and we almost started looking into other providers. However, they reached out to us and let us know they were working hard on updating their servers and since then we haven't had any issues. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We first started creating a livestream video setup about 2 years ago. Once having the necessary equipment in place, we started checking out providers on a trial basis. After testing multiple providers out, Livestream worked with our current setup seamlessly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Addictions Counselor
Individual & Family Services
What do you like best?

The thing I like the best about The Livestream Ware is its user friendliness and it seems fairly basic compared to others that I’ve had to use in the past. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I’m unsure if I really dislike anything with the Livestream ware. But giving that I had to chose something, I’d have to say that it’s pretty basic in comparison to others I’ve used. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It’s user friendly, easy to learn and navigate, and pretty self-explanatory once you learn the basics of the software and/or program(s), Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Business problems solved by Livestream include a better and more consistent payroll process, scheduling, and other details when entering things such as one’s note taking, alerts, and reminders. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Impact SIM Business Analyst
What do you like best?

How your company can use livestream for conferences and meetings that you can't attend, or want to appear on. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

for those who don't have an account that maybe contractors, it maybe a little hard to access the livestream meetings if you're not around a strong internet connection Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

mobility and accessibility for our teams Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UB
What do you like best?

It's helpful for setting up events live which viewers like better than pre-recorded for some reason. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't see how this one really stands out compared to all the other possible ways to stream events live. Maybe I haven't gone deeper with this application enough, but there's nothing that really makes me want to stick with this one instead of something I'm more familiar with. I also wish there was better connection with this one. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Given other live streaming options like Periscope, live.me, etc., try to find some reason that would make you want to stick with this one. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It helps with getting more views and publicity. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner & Writer
Writing and Editing
What do you like best?

I like the ease of use. It takes only a few minutes to set up your account, and start broadcasting. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I feel that the way broadcasts are searched for could be improved so that people could more easily access content that they would be interested in viewing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I feel that it helps me to connect with authors and readers. It helps me to deliver content in a quick way. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Restaurant Owner
Restaurants
What do you like best?

What I like best about the Livestream program is the ability to share live video with my followers Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike most about the livestream program is the cost for my start up business Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend you try the program first and make sure it’s gojng to meet your needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

With livestream I am reaching my customer base giving our special and how tos. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AC
What do you like best?

It’s easy to set up streaming streaming various events without technical knowledge. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The cost. It’s expensive for the long haul and streaming to both Facebook and Livestream simultaneously is unjustifiably expensive. Our organization will not be renewing the contract for the same reason. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great for starters and small- to medium sized organizations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Outreach and member engagement outside of the organization has been extended thanks to the product. We were also able to benefit from not having to have someone without much technical expertise to run the system...but as we’ve grown, we’ll move more towards more scalable, affordable solution. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UG
What do you like best?

The use of mobile devices for operating the live feature. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Integration among other social sites including Facebook. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Allows the team to collaborate Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

IG
What do you like best?

Great product! Would highly recommend for businesses. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

No dislikes so far. Ask me in the future. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try all products first to make sure you make the right decision. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Easy to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Church Planting Resident
Religious Institutions
What do you like best?

Livestream is extremely user friendly on a personal level but also on a business lever. For a low cost you can have a professional quality livestream that is truly unmatched. It is intuitive, cost efficient, and professional. I cannot speak highly enough about Livestream as a videographer. I have integrated livestream into multiple churches, used it at wedding and at live concert events without any issues whatsoever. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish the video quality was higher for the video download options. While the actual stream is high quality, you should be able to download an HD version of the video after you have filmed. This would alleviate the need for me to purchase other software, which I think is a detriment to Livestream. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do it. No other product has the same quality and ease of use as Livestream. I know that Facebook Live is becoming a thing but the quality is awful and you should never want Facebook Live to be representative of the type of product you have. Livestream is professional, has a separate app, and has higher quality. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Working for a church, being able to livestream our services has allowed us to review and critique our Sunday morning and our quality has almost doubled. Having livestream has also allowed us to reach more people, introduce people to the church, and provide a way for the congregation to stay connect while they are away. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Communications Director
Religious Institutions
What do you like best?

A few key features that are available is the robust platform that Livestream provides in both software and hardware options. With dedicated software for live streaming video for Mac, PC and mobile devices along with dedicated hardware options to stream to their service, Livestream has really thought of any holes in their service and filled them. They are constantly improving their analytics and in doing so has really added a ton of value to their offerings. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are two key areas that are on the negative side of Livestream as a software service. The first is that their analytics offerings are limited in a few areas. For instance they give you a great option to see what countries and cities are watching in both live and recorded views, however they don't match add in the states in which the cities reside. I can't tell you how frustrating it is to see Springfield on the list of cities in the US, but not know if it is Springfield, IL or Springfield, VA. The second is that once you are inside of their ecosystem, it is really hard to leave. We have a mobile app that accepts iOS HLS or Android HTTPS, but Livestream doesn't allow you to pull that feed out of their system or give you access to encode another video stream and send it to a different CDN. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are considering Livestream as your live event streaming choice, I would highly recommend going with the upper tier packages. The basic package leaves you with little to no control and basically no analytics, unless you use Google Analytics. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are able to share, communicate and target a large audience of people who currently won't come to one of our weekend services or buildings. They might be traveling, or might have moved and still want to stay connected to our organization. By using Livestream and the archive, and storage features, we are able to allow access to our full services without worrying about copyright issues but still allow anyone to watch, rewatch or share our content. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

GT
What do you like best?

One of the most easiest to use, livestreaming services available, taking only a few minutes to set up and stream to an audience as big as you require. With it's multi platform capabilities, it is extremely easy and simple to stream to anyone on either desktops, or mobile devices. The quality of the stream is automatically adjusted to cater to the user's connection speed and device. The amount of bandwidth used for the streamer is efficient and high quality. An extremely good platform to use to host meetings over long distances and for streaming to the public. Analytics are also provided with the higher tier packages that are available. Another feature that is really good to have is archival of the streams with unlimited storage, allowing anyone that misses the stream to be able to watch it at a later date. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much to dislike about the service, the quality of the livestreams could be improved to allow for HD1080p brodcasting, instead of the current maximum of HD720p. An increase amount of bitrates and as well as an audio-only broadcast for certain events would also help ensure that the users accessing the streams would be able to tune in efficiently with receiving the quality of stream most optimized for their stream. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Livestream is probably one of the best choices available for streaming any type of media, whether videos, or meetings or other broadcasts to as many clients as needed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It is extremely easy to stream meetings over long distances with high quality to multiple locations at the same time, and to individuals that are travelling overseas. With livestream having servers all over the globe, it is always ensured that all of the users of the stream can join in with the highest quality that is available over their connection with minimum lag. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Do you work for Vimeo Livestream?

Vimeo Livestream Categories on G2