Universal Information Services Reviews & Product Details

What is Universal Information Services?

Universal Information Services plays a pivotal role in defining how PR professionals access the information they need, tracking evolving media opportunities and helping hone standards for the industry to follow. Universal is known as a pioneer and a progressive force in the industry, recognized as one of the top media monitoring and news analysis companies in the nation, serving clients ranging from small businesses and nonprofits to Fortune 500s. For more than a century, [Omaha-based] Universal has been helping clients track, manage and analyze an endless flow of information. Today, media monitoring looks a lot different than it did in 1908, but Universal’s drive to deliver has never been stronger, responding with accurate, real-time information, quick turnarounds and trusted, reliable assistance any time of the day or night. Customized, insightful solutions From print and broadcast to web and social media, Universal covers it all. With customizable reports, unlimited access to media archives and a comprehensive media contact database, the Universal team offers unparalleled insight on the reach, impact and effectiveness of our clients’ PR efforts. A national scope with a specific view Universal monitors sources across the country, but with an important difference: Customizing solutions to include a local, regional or international focus. And every solution crafted is based on specific objectives for the client’s entire PR media monitoring and measurement cycle.

Universal Information Services Screenshots

Universal Information Services Reviews

1-14 of 14 total Universal Info reviews
Director, Strategic Communications
Higher Education

"What I Need, When I Need It"

What do you like best?

Universal Information Services provides me with the news monitoring and distribution services I need, and that works for my life in my organization. The portal is easy to use and lets me build custom reports for various internal stakeholders on the fly. Best of all, I've been able to zero in on key stories and amplify them for maximum impact. The Universal staff is there - via chat, phone or email - in seconds to answer any questions I have.

What do you dislike?

For the contracted services, there is nothing I significantly dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Ask the staff how the solutions can be applied to your challenges and don't be afraid to have them help you tweak and adjust settings for searches.

I'm solving the need to measure and report on the impact of PR and communications. The benefits I've realized include visibility into the financial impact and influence my team is having on the organization's bottom line, as well as a significant savings of time in finding, surfacing and sharing news that positions my organization.

UN

"Always detailed, thorough, and great customer service"

What do you like best?

The customer service is impeccable. Attention-to-detail is unmatched! They read actual newspapers (!!!) and use actual people to find the stories that matter to you and your business. I've received emails with congratulations as soon as a great article has hit the reader's desk, a service that can't be automated by any competitor.

What do you dislike?

Nothing!! They've always helped with every obscure task I've asked and have exceeded my expectations every time.

News monitoring and annual media analysis. I thought I would be able to pull together an annual media analysis on my own, but knew Universal would do a much better job. After consulting with them about my annual report needs, I decided to make the case for the nonprofit I work for spending the dollars and have ordered it two years (and counting.) The details and customization they offer is incredibly valuable as we continually work toward measuring PRs effectiveness.

AN

"Excellent Across the board"

What do you like best?

Universal not only provides excellent monitoring services, but the staff is great to work with. They are quick to respond to any questions or problems and can get reports turned around very quickly. There has never been a question, problem or issue that they couldn't handle or deal with quickly. The PR Measurement reports I receive are a great benefit to my company.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing to report here regarding dislikes - everything has been positive in my dealings with Universal.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Universal helps me do my job by quickly and courteously getting me media monitoring requests and reports that my company requests. Hands down, the Universal team is the best to work with - staff is always professional, responsive and knowledgeable.

This has been a great service for our company - it allows us to monitor other avenues that we were not able to otherwise.

Media Relations Manager
Insurance

"Local, local, local"

What do you like best?

As the title states, we get the local news we need to do our business. City councils and county commissioners reports in local newspapers make us aware of changing insurance needs. Since we're Nebraskans serving Nebraskans that is very helpful.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see a dashboard that I can manipulate for results.

Perception is reality in business today. We have a handle on our perception with Universal's media monitoring.

Senior Manager, Digital Media
Executive Office

"Solid offering and customer service"

What do you like best?

Our business has many different focus areas and we needed a solution that could track all of our focus areas and brands. Their solution does this well. Also, the broadcast clips for both TV and radio are excellent.

What do you dislike?

It's still a text heavy solution, both in email and in the platform. If you have spreadsheet expertise this is a great option.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a solid solution that is a better value, plus more traditional customer service.

We use them to track the efficacy of our earned media efforts as well as brand awareness for our properties.

"Universal is cutting edge performance with hometown service"

What do you like best?

The best part about working with Universal for all of your media monitoring is the people. Todd and staff at Universal are intuitive, smart, responsive and treat their customers like family.

Beyond the personal aspect of working with Universal, their product is stellar; with a slick dashboard for ease of reporting and communicating, robust monitoring capabilities and a social media savvy approach, UIS will exceed your business objectives.

What do you dislike?

There is not too much to dislike with UIS.

You need to know what is being said about your business in both traditional and non-traditional media settings; what is being represented; what opportunities might be out there that you can align with. Universal captures all of this global data for you and packages it for analysis, reporting and presenting.

Communications Manager

"Efficient & economical"

What do you like best?

Results are reliable and frequent and easy to read.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, articles are missed or we get clippings that are not related to us at all.

Very small staff here, so UIS helps us stay on top of who's talking about us.

"Great monitoring and measurement service"

What do you like best?

The Executive News Briefings are great in keeping myself and others on my team up to date on exactly what we need to know. There is no fluff, it is just the exact news I need to know every day. Customer service is also great and always quick to respond whenever.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much I've found. They're able to provide everything we need at this time.

Universal helps us track our brand in traditional and social media. They also help us stay up to date with important industry news and help us understand what it all means. The media measurement tells us what news is getting more traction and being heard by a wider audience.

Director of Marketing, Communications & Design

"Used year over year - continually"

What do you like best?

We like having an independent third-party evaluate our media reach and analyses our client media valuation.

What do you dislike?

Would like more historical documentation - go further back to enable year v year number comparisons.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

They work great with clients of ALL sizes!

Credibility in our efforts. Provide bench-marking for numbers, reach and value of media contacts, placements and shares.

I

"The power & value of media monitoring and PR measurement"

What do you like best?

In today's 24/7 news cycle, it is critical to have the ability to quantify the results of a media campaign. Critical tools--news tracking and monitoring.

What do you dislike?

It is challenging to keep pace with the scope of media coverage.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's extremely useful to have access to tools like executive news briefings and the ability to track your brand via social media.

The key problem solved is the ability to show the ROI of your measurement efforts.

Vice President/General Manager
Broadcast Media

"Top notch service and deep knowledge of media"

What do you like best?

We use them for both competetive and industry monitoring

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike, therefore; this is not applicable

Recommendations to others considering the product:

great service, expertise, integrity and results

The technology to identify industry best practices in news and marketing

AH
(5001-10,000 employees)

"Returned to Universal after utilizing another monitoring service"

What do you like best?

They know our market and our organization

What do you dislike?

Nothing comes to mind for us at this time.

An accurate analysis of our public relation efforts in the Omaha market. Reach and impact of our efforts is important. When working to validate the importance of PR the analytics I receive are beneficial.

"Great insurance industry measurement."

What do you like best?

Accuracy of insights derived from industry news.

What do you dislike?

At this point in the relationship I can't think of anything that I am not satisfied with.

Helped me predict the movement in my industry which is helpful in my day to day strategic direction.

CI

"Cooperation "

What do you like best?

The quick response time of the team, especially as well from the CEO.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing in my mind that I disliked.

We can leverage our business by using Universal. Thus it is a Win-Win for both parties.

Universal Info User Ratings

8.9
Ease of Setup
Average: 8.1*
* Media Monitoring Category
Do you work for Universal Info?