TXT180

Text message and SMS marketing service. Use text marketing to send mass text alerts, reminders. promotions, and more. We've been helping businesses grow since 2010.

Work for TXT180?

Learning about TXT180?

TXT180 Reviews

Ask TXT180 a Question
Showing 64 TXT180 reviews
TXT180 review by Bert S.
Bert S.

"Basic but that's all we needed"

What do you like best?

I love how easy Txt180 is to use. The dashboard is simple and user friendly. Customer service is great too. Every time i have called with a question its answered friendly and promptly. Im honestly probably not utilizing like I should. We had a marketing employee at one point which we no longer have and he was using it more. Its really lack of time on my part to not utilize and get informed as to all the txt180 does.

What do you dislike?

Not really a dislike but Its pretty basic. You can basically have one key word so if you want to have multiple Im not sure how that works. Might be a different price point- again not really a dislike it serves the purpose we wanted it for. we are a very small Automotive dealership just getting started.

Group texts to alert customers of events and promotions. Invite them to our other social media pages , wishing them well on Holidays etc.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about TXT180
TXT180 review by Byron T.
Byron T.

"Great product overall "

What do you like best?

Having the opportunity to connect with your customers quickly is a must. Being able to send messages on the spot even from the txt 180 app is great and convenient. We can now pass along savings to customers much quicker and allow them to collect prizes by sharing with them info needed no matter if they are local or nationwide. The platform is easy to navigate once you sign in and plug and plays are easy to use for website additions as well. Support staff is always there to speak with you and get your questions answered in a timely manner.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that may fall a bit short is the number of characters allowed. I believe 160 is just a tad short of its competitors. You have to become very creative in order to send out a message to your customers sometimes having them think about your message a little longer than normal. A few more characters would be great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a simple easy to use product. If you're expecting something robust this might not be for you if your looking for more characters than 160. However the platform will definitely get you where you need to go and then some. Support is great and will not leave you out guessing what the next move is.

The benefit of being able to send text out to multiple members at a moments notice. This has been a great tool for business building and staying in contact with customer base.

What SMS Marketing solution do you use?

TXT180 review by Jeanne F.
Jeanne F.

"Easy to start, a little archaic"

What do you like best?

I like that I can message my list easily, it's pretty simple to use.

What do you dislike?

The time zone doesn't match mine and I have to adjust that always. It seems kind of expensive for what I get, just from a small business perspective. I can only use it from my computer, maybe there is an app but I've never found it. The whole platform is pretty archaic. Worth exploring other options, I just haven't found the time. Can't sort out how to to download numbers to move to a new service so you better like it or you lose your numbers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A bit archaic, and doesn't suggest ways to use text messaging for increased marketing, no suggestions on how to grow lists...which isn't really it's job but it would sell more for them and likely for me.

I'm able to reach customers via text message to remind them of promotions and occasions to purchase.

TXT180 review by Amber E.
Amber E.

"Great Results - Awesome Reports Built in! "

What do you like best?

Their system is easy to use which is why I initially chose them over a couple others. When I have needed support, their staff and online chat are awesome. I get great results versus other marketing avenues that I use (email, print, social) with SMS marketing. They also recently added several different reports that I find very useful. All around a great product.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything that I dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start with their trial offer, 15 days free, and utilize their free support to get your account set up. it's not a hard system to use but if you've never done SMS marketing before, there are a few key things to learn. They do have video tutorials in the dashboard, but I found myself either calling or chatting to expedite the process. Once i went through the process of a couple of times, I no longer needed help moving forward.

Great response rates and click-thru-rates!! A better way to communicate with my customers and drive traffic on the same day. I also like the inbox feature, I have customers text me questions which is a lot more simple than a phone call.

TXT180 review by Karalyn C.
Karalyn C.

"Text180 is a lot of work..."

What do you like best?

I love being able to send mass texts to multiple recipients but the way in which you add in contacts, make new groups and send the messages does take some effort.

What do you dislike?

Its really a long process to get the contacts added and to format new messages to send to our candidates. So, its a bit impractical to be used for a recruiting team.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would say that this company would be a good investment if your company is looking to mass-communicate with their employees and give changes/updates frequently, However if you're in recruiting, it's a bit rough.

I've been able to send mass texts to our potential candidates, we've been able to send a link to apply for our positions to a candidate's mobile number right on the spot a and we can send updates to many people at once.

TXT180 review by Don B.
Don B.

"Txt180 - A very mature and flexible system for SMS API access"

What do you like best?

I am particularly fond of the feature set and its access via APIs for our integration needs. Where it has been lacking, Txt180 worked to fill in blanks even for a small company such as ours.

What do you dislike?

We have had one or two small disruptions of service over the last year - but was able to repair any detected issues. There was complete responsibility on Txt180 for their parts and excellent help in making things right.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Another side benefit of Txt180 is their expertise and calm nature when responding to all of the shock and awe out there in the SMS community in reference to FCC and courier rate/policy changes. Other vendors tend to scare you into products. Txt180 helps you really understand what matters and what does not.

We are an advertising fundraising platform for Non Profit Organizations. Many SMS providers tend to batch process posts. Txt180, via their API, offers an on demand contact allowing bi directional responses. It also allows us to target specific time periods for sending texts while students are not a school - for example.

TXT180 review by Don M.
Don M.

"Easy to use, affordable service to stay connected with your network"

What do you like best?

Stored messages makes it easy to send similar or repeat messages with just a few clicks.

What do you dislike?

I have been locked out before due to expired credit card info and getting back in took too long and I missed my opportunity to send a reminder message.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Quality service at the right price. Easy to use. Many features. Easy to maintain and update. East to promote and acquire new users. Volume of messages is just right for the price. Easy to setup and easy to deliver messages. You will not be disappointed with this service!

Staying in communication with our network. Easily reminding dozens of people about upcoming events. Simple and easy to use.

TXT180 review by Inga B.
Inga B.

"Very handy and easy to use!"

What do you like best?

The service has enabled us to use shortcode texts to send video tours of properties to our potential clients. The setup is VERY easy, pricing is super competitive and their customer service is SUPERB!

What do you dislike?

Nothing major at this point, I do wish we were able to change the keywords from our end vs deleting and adding a new one each time if it's unused.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Compare the features and pricing with other competitors and you will see that txt180 is the best option!

The services enables the potential consumers engage and get information without having to call or meet with us which is something everyone avoids for the fear of sale pressure.

TXT180 review by Melinda L.
Melinda L.

"Affordable software for texting your customers"

What do you like best?

I love that I can schedule my texts to my customers ahead of time. I don’t have to worry the messages are always sent on time. Also, the software is really user friendly and is a great tool for storing your customers’ phone numbers, email addresses, and birthdays as well!

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I dislike about this software.

It’s a great way to stay connected with your customers. I do a pop up shop every month and each month I send out messages to remind my customers of the upcoming sales event. If I didnt use this software I am sure my customers would forget my upcoming sales dates.

TXT180 review by Richard T.
Richard T.

"So simple a caveman can do it!"

What do you like best?

I am NOT techno savvy and every time I had an issue I spoke with the same customer support tech each time. We know each other on a first name basis and she understands what it is that i am trying to accomplish using their amazing text service. Everything was explained and in my case explained several times... patiently by support.

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything to dislike. Maybe improved upon. More characters per message to be sent. Maybe a lesser amount of messages burned while opting people in. Not being charged for reply messages.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If text SMS mass texting is what you are looking for TXT180 is the service to use. There is nothing to download.

Saving time. Yes, time. Mass texting without a service is an extreme time waster.

We are a small but growing employment agency. This service helps us communicate with our work candidates very efficiently and cheaply compared to traditional methods.

TXT180 review by Rebecca B.
Rebecca B.

"Direct Opt-In Marketing Made Easy! "

What do you like best?

I like that I am able to roll over my messages if I did not use them that month. I also love how I am able to save templates for messages, making it easier to send to a list of clients.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how I cannot use emojis or photos/graphics in my messages

Recommendations to others considering the product

I need graphocs to be sent to clients as well, and emojis!

I am able to have a cancellation list now and market directly to customers who are looking for last-minute appointments, and sell more products to customers who have previously purchased retail in house.

TXT180 review by Executive Sponsor in Information Services
Executive Sponsor in Information Services

"Great service for the price"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it was to pick a short code that is relevant to my business. I love the dashboard feature and how easy it is to naviagate. The price point is competitive, and includes many extra features then competitors offer at the same price point.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was an option to add an extra short code at no additional cost, for those paying upfront for a full year of service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes, it is a great value.

I love that people are able to text my short code and receive and Instant pre-planned response from me. I advertise my short code on my car window, and it’s much easier for people to text the short code vs enter my email address whilst driving

TXT180 review by Administrator

"Best Short Codes for SMS Service"

What do you like best?

Text 180 is an easy to use text marketing service. They have great support, customer service is quick to respond. Scheduled text messages and campaigns are easy to configure and send.

By using a unique short code, my customers can easily remember our keyword and are easy to recognize by subscribed customers. There is only two way communication for instant feedback and conversation with customers too.

What do you dislike?

Overall, the interface is easy to use, straightforward and complete; it is not pretty or the best layout, however, everything you need to send and receive text messages is at your fingertips.

I would like to see MMS (Multimedia Message) support and the ability to send MMS in addition to SMS.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Reliable, Good Customer Service, Good Short Codes + Keywords

Because of a great short code and the ability to use keywords for campaigns, I can quickly and effectively reach my intended audience.

My customers love the ability for direct communication on their device without relying on using a personal computer.

"Quick, Effective, Simple"

What do you like best?

An easy way to increase sales immediately with a couple of keystrokes and more effective than email marketing.

Able to target our customers faster with deals they are wanting.

Easy to manage and the cost per sale is lower than email.

What do you dislike?

If there is anything that could be improved on is when a person updates their information (website) they are transferred to another webpage to claim an incentive (coupon, etc.).

And when they complete their update, a text message sent with a thank you for updating information and a link back to the redirect page to claim the incentive if they didn'thave time to print coupon.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you never considered the effectiveness of SMS marketing, it's the best investment in growing your sales.

The biggest advantage is the ability to reach our customers within minutes concerning a sale item and leading them right back to our sales page.

TXT180 review by Kerri S.
Kerri S.

"TXT 180 - Connection to our staff"

What do you like best?

I love how simple TXT 180 is to use. Just yesterday, I sent a message to our staff while I was waiting for my truck to warm up. Simple and quick to use and I can access it from anywhere with my phone.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found anything I dislike about it yet.

We solved the phone tree for communication outside of normal working hours. We are able to get communication to staff on schedule changes, office closings, and special texts letting them know lunch will be provided or they can wear jeans for the day. It saves multiple people making multiple calls and everyone is getting the same exact message.

TXT180 review by Steven H.
Steven H.

"Easy to use - good value"

What do you like best?

We had never used texting before for advertising and we wanted to try it out. It was very easy to get going. I have already recommended it to others.

What do you dislike?

i would like to have an account manager help me with best practice for an additional fee.

People dont like to call always or are not able to call but want to get some info before they forget to contact you...texting allows that.

TXT180 review by Administrator

"Looking for Text for Business? This is Great! "

What do you like best?

The tech support is available and if not they email you really fast. I've never had to wait more than a day for an answer and most of the time they do it right there. I had to change our keyword and it was completed instantly.

What do you dislike?

It works for what I need. I guess if you want different features, you can get them in different products. But this one works for me perfectly and it's very cost effective.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes, it is affordable and easy to use. Tech Support is responsive e as well.

We need an affordable way to use text messages. This solves that and it's super flexible.

TXT180 review by Gene N.
Gene N.

"Good marketing platform"

What do you like best?

Ability to schedule messages, receiving notification when new subscribers opt in.

What do you dislike?

Inability to customize opt-out messages. Our users have expressed confusion at the message that says they will be getting a minimum of "x" messages a month.

Capturing new users. Our customers can begin using our service by texting the word "storm" to 21000. This lets us target them with a link to begin using our service.

TXT180 review by Steve S.
Steve S.

"Text180 is Fantastic"

What do you like best?

The customer support of Text 180 is outstanding. Very knowledgeable instant answers, quick response and aware of the product. Unlike other support staff, Stephanie knows her stuff. Plus the text to win and the options are outstanding and they are always making changes and upgrades to keep the product the best in the business. The latest reporting upgrade is fantastic! Thank you Text 180

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I do not like about the service, the white label is great, the platform outstanding, it's excellent all the way around

Communicating with customers on a personal note with the extensions. We know what they like and what they don't and customers love that

TXT180 review by Klint K.
Klint K.

"Easy communication platform fosters prospective students engagement and involment"

What do you like best?

Well-designed, highly effective messaging tool has the potential to keep prospective and current students engaged and well informed what goes on on-campus. A useful way for admissions, students, and parents to monitor progress and demonstrate holistic evidence of learning.

What do you dislike?

Personalization (first names) when texting students.

Enrollment. By using TXT180 we can keep our students informed about unplanned changes in their program and information sessions.

TXT180 review by Logan B.
Logan B.

"Great service!!"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use on all platforms and the pricing point!

What do you dislike?

Personally i have had no issues with this service. The only thing negative i could say is that the site could be a little more aesthetically appealing to perhaps get more clients!

We use this service to reach our congregation of over 1000 people.

TXT180 review by Jeremy D.
Jeremy D.

"Does Exactly What It Is Intended to Do"

What do you like best?

The ease of use, the streamlined features, no gimmicks...just great service.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any dislikes, honestly. We have never had any issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Simple, effective, inexpensive...streamlined

We are reaching opt-in customers in a fast, efficient manner, without having to spend time-consuming efforts and costly third-party choices for a service that makes it easy and effective.

TXT180 review by Edward W.
Edward W.

"TXT180 has been a staple for my business for the past several years."

What do you like best?

I like the simplicity of the interface and the high touch customer service.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see full graphical text capabilities

I am able to connect and engage with my customers and prospects at the point of communication most accessible to them (their phone) which is an invaluable asset for promotional marketing.

TXT180 review by Howard T.
Howard T.

"Great text service for churches"

What do you like best?

I like best the fact that the application is super easy to use and easy to send multiple messages to all my church contacts.

What do you dislike?

Although it’s an easy application to use, I wish it looked better than it does.

The ability to inform all my contacts of any up and coming events.

TXT180 review by Administrator

"TXT180 is a dead-simple way to integrate texts into our toolbox for promotional events."

What do you like best?

TXT180 offers a cheap and easy way to create links to private urls for exclusive events.

What do you dislike?

Interface seems unintuitive, and features aren't all that clear. We often use TXT180 in short bursts throughout a year and often don't reuse text codes. Offering a separate payment method that doesn't charge monthly would probably be more cost-effective for us.

Currently we are using TXT180 specifically as an alternative to putting up a URL on a flyer and signs, making it easier for people interested to sign up for our events.

TXT180 review by Fahim M.
Fahim M.

"Great option for business texting service"

What do you like best?

The ease of use of the system. It's easy to use and one that's easy to get guests to sign up for.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't automatically save text blasts without saving them manually.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure the monthly costs are justified by the increased business.

Getting more people to sign up.

TXT180 review by Adam P.
Adam P.

"Easy to implement SMS messaging platform"

What do you like best?

Quick to start.. It was easy to implement the features we needed.

What do you dislike?

Hard to manage multiple messages. It is awkward to see the responses and to collect the address data.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its a simple product to implement

Provide a signup to order products or samples.

TXT180 review by Kendall W.
Kendall W.

"Best tool for business!"

What do you like best?

I love the convenient app and the easy steps to get people on my list. I easily fill last minute openings in my massage business

What do you dislike?

I wish the app was a little more updated

Im easily filling last minute openings in my massage practice.

TXT180 review by Gary W.
Gary W.

"Have been using TXT180 for about 8-years awesome service"

What do you like best?

mass txt messages being able to contact my customers all at one time and key words to separate customers

What do you dislike?

Nothing, everything I use it for does its job.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Makes contacting customers easy

I have a Martial Arts School. I use for contacting customers

TXT180 review by Alex T.
Alex T.

"Good Texting Service"

What do you like best?

It’s easy to use, and the schedule function is great

What do you dislike?

There’s not much I dislike - maybe wish I could have replies go to my number?

I can contact a lot of people very easily with pertinent announcements and updates

TXT180 review by Administrator

"Great for small businesses."

What do you like best?

Txt 180 is easy to use! I like that I can pay for just what I need. Scheduling future texts is awesome.

What do you dislike?

I cant think of anything I dislike. Using it is a breeze.

Not all of our customers use social media. I have had customers tell me they enjoy receiving texts to keep them informed about what is going on here without having to log on to social media or to even have social media.

TXT180 review by Danielle D.
Danielle D.

"Excellent service "

What do you like best?

I love the pricing, it was the most competitive pricing when I was searching for a text service, they are helpful and easy to eat ahold of, and the site is very easy to use.

What do you dislike?

I don’t dislike anything it’s a great competitive service.

Text 180 benofots my live sales on Facebook it allows me to dorectly notify my customer base of sales and events complete with a shopping link

"Super Easy to Use! "

What do you like best?

Very cheap for a lot of functionality! Great price point for a small business like mine. It's simple to schedule messages & I like that I can preview what the message will look like!

What do you dislike?

I wish it had the capability to send MMS.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely use their customer support to set up. It's free and they're so helpful!

TXT180 allows me to send out reminder texts to my customers about sales.

TXT180 review by William C.
William C.

"What a terrific service. "

What do you like best?

Easy to stay connected to our crowd. Very affordable!

What do you dislike?

I wish there were a number to call back or txt back

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great solution I encourage people to use.

Communications

TXT180 review by donna e.
donna e.

"Tech savvy people will love this "

What do you like best?

its simple to use, fast and effective . It really is a useful tool

What do you dislike?

my plan has limited features i wish there was more emojis included

reaching the masses quickly and effectively

TXT180 review by Joel T.
Joel T.

"Works great"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, good features, and composing is seemless.

What do you dislike?

The user interface is slightly dated and needs a refresh

Being able to connect with customers and increase business and loyalty

TXT180 review by User

"Works well great price"

What do you like best?

Works like a charm. Very easy to set up and I couldn’t be happier. I have been with the company for over two years and I am glad I got on board

What do you dislike?

There’s really nothing wrong at all with the service. Maybe if you didn’t have to buy so many text messages in a bundle because I don’t use many at all.

Getting qualified leads

TXT180 review by Kaylynn P.
Kaylynn P.

"TXT 180 rocks!!"

What do you like best?

TXT 180 allows me to offer my clients last minute cancellations. It’s a win/win for me as a business owner.

What do you dislike?

The format could be a bit easier to use but overall, no major dislikes.

I am filling appointments with a wait list of my clients. Doing this allows me to have happy clients and make the $$ I need to fill those positions.

TXT180 review by Hadar K.
Hadar K.

"TXt 180"

What do you like best?

It helps me to reacg to my customers and advertise my products

What do you dislike?

That I am limited with amount of customers

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use one keyword

Getting more customers

TXT180 review by Josh P.
Josh P.

"Great platform to engage customers"

What do you like best?

I have it set to text auto replies so customers can get information without having to call or engage directly with staff if they don't want to.

What do you dislike?

nothing - all good - do not have any complaints at this point

Recommendations to others considering the product

try the free trial - works great

Helping get our restaurant's menu to the customer before they arrive to dine with us

TXT180 review by Executive Sponsor in Management Consulting
Executive Sponsor in Management Consulting

"They've been a wonderful partner"

What do you like best?

The customer service. Hands down. Stephanie is excellent, always helpful, and always available when I need her.

What do you dislike?

I'd really love the ability to edit and delete my keywords myself, instead of having to rely on customer service. Also, I wish the keyword initial setup cost less. And the premium short code is too expensive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you plan on activating multiple keywords or reselling this service, be sure to start of with the reseller program. If you start with the individual business plan, you won't be able to easily switch later on.

TXT180 is the underlying infrastructure for our award-winning text to donate service.

TXT180 review by Yoram S.
Yoram S.

"Great and simple service. Does the job. "

What do you like best?

Simple to use. Good price. Good premium number.

What do you dislike?

Would prefer ability to send more messages.

Mobile marketing

TXT180 review by Jennifer P.
Jennifer P.

"I have enjoyed texting our groups"

What do you like best?

The convenience of scheduling the text.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I do not understand the jargon.

More Communication.

TXT180 review by Michael M.
Michael M.

"Great Tool to Stay Informed"

What do you like best?

Great communication tool for the team that is not dependent on email servers

What do you dislike?

nothing really - works well and it is super intuitive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

if you can use a computer, you can use it!

If email is down, people do not get info - this is great for that

TXT180 review by Juan M.
Juan M.

"More than amazing"

What do you like best?

That i can reach or market to a ton of people from the comforts of my office or home

What do you dislike?

I dislike that you cannot edit you automatic reply

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it. It will get old and new customers returning

Sales go up when customers know whats on sale.

TXT180 review by Sandra K.
Sandra K.

"Great Value for the Price!"

What do you like best?

The Pricing plans are flexible. Easy website to send out messages. And Understand. You can buy more messages.

What do you dislike?

Unused Messages don't rollover. Wish you can write more in 1 message. Kinda short.

Communicating with a lot of Customers instantly, Vs Facebook or Website. Increasing my sales.

TXT180 review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"Very Easy To Use"

What do you like best?

I like how simple the platform is. I can create a message in no time.

What do you dislike?

I don't love how the default is to mountain time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's prices are very competitive and I love how easy it is to use. If you want to contact people in the simplest way possible, TXT180 will allow you to do so.

I enjoy being able to reach my clients via text. They never use email, so text is the best way to contact them.

TXT180 review by Adam R.
Adam R.

"Great company"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, moderately priced, great support.

What do you dislike?

Now that there's a rollover portion to messages, nothing! Everything works from my end!

Recommendations to others considering the product

None

We were looking for a company that was decently priced to send around 3,000 text messages a month to subscribers.

TXT180 review by Administrator

"Easy way to keep in touch with your customer base."

What do you like best?

It's great being able to schedule messages for the next month in advance.

What do you dislike?

It takes a little bit of time to learn the website but that's reasonable.

Being able to proactively remind our customer base of meetings they might otherwise forget about.

TXT180 review by Anthony B.
Anthony B.

"My Txt180 review"

What do you like best?

I really like the unlimited extensions.

What do you dislike?

I don't really like that I have to pay so much for keywords and I don't like that unused monthly minutes don't rollover.

I am using it to send readers to articles and posts

Learn more about TXT180

TXT180 Videos

Learning about TXT180?

* We monitor all TXT180 reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.