TXT180 Reviews & Product Details

TXT180 Overview

What is TXT180?

TXT180 is a bulk text messaging software that can be used to send sms marketing messages to customers or other opt-in contact lists. This web-based software is easy to use from any computer, phone, tablet, or our free phone app. Customers use the TXT180 text blast software to keep their contacts updated with the latest information and special offers. TXT180 provides two-way text messaging so businesses can receive valuable feedback and build relationships with their clients. Our free trial offer allows everyone to try it at no cost! Best text message marketing software available for the best prices. There are many benefits of using text messaging to communicate with your customers, clients, or members. Text messages have a 98& open rate and texting your customers allows you to reach them wherever they are, even on the go. Utilize text messaging to send specials, new products, appointment reminders, alerts, and more.

TXT180 Details
Discussions
TXT180 Community

Text message and SMS marketing service. Use text marketing to send mass text alerts, reminders. promotions, and more. We've been helping businesses grow since 2010.

At TXT180 we pride ourselves on our customer service and our customer success program. We understand that not everyone has done bulk text messaging and integrating it is different for each business type and their own goals. We provide each account with their own Customer Success Manager free of charge. They will be able to help you configure your account, strategize how to set it up in your business, create messages, and more. Our reports section allows you to view many different stats with your unique text groups. Our team is here to help you utilize the power of text reach and get measurable results.

TXT180
2010
St. George, UT
@TXT180
343 Twitter followers

TXT180 Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the TXT180 community
Have you used TXT180 before?

TXT180 Reviews

Showing 51 TXT180 reviews
Ratings (1)
Already have TXT180?
AL
What do you like best?

Super affordable way for businesses to do texting. I found it very easy to use and if I have ever had any issues they are able to resolve them very fast. The tech support is available and if not they email you really fast. I've never had to wait more than a day for an answer and most of the time they do it right there. I had to change our keyword and it was completed instantly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It works for what I need. I guess if you want different features, you can get them in different products. But this one works for me perfectly and it's very cost-effective. I really don't have any negatives with this product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Yes, it is affordable and easy to use. Tech Support is responsive e as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We need an affordable way to use text messages. This solves that and it's super flexible. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Stephanie B of TXT180

Thank you for taking the time to review TXT180! We are happy to hear that you enjoy our customer support and the product works well for you. We appreciate your feedback and business.

Singer/Songwriter/Producer
What do you like best?

The ease of use, the streamlined features, no gimmicks...just great service. I have been using this service for several years now, and it is straight-forward, get-it-done quickly and efficiently, process of connecting with customers. Text blasts without ads, prompts, all the junk that runs people off. This is proven and powerful! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any dislikes, honestly. We have never had any issues. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Simple, effective, inexpensive...streamlined Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are reaching opt-in customers in a fast, efficient manner, without having to spend time-consuming efforts and costly third-party choices for a service that makes it easy and effective. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Stephanie B of TXT180

We're happy to hear TXT180 is working well for your business! Thank you for taking the time to review us, Jeremy.

- The TXT180 Team

Marketing Manager
What do you like best?

We are able to spread the word about our events to our vacation rental guests. We have been able to send them info on things to do in our area, maps, food suggestions, and promo codes with our area partners which helps us create a better guest experience.

We love that guests can reply to the message if they have any questions or need additional helps which allows our team to take care of their requests promptly.

We switched from a higher priced text message provider and have saved just over 30% each month. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The service does all of the things we need it to. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do it! The next level of marketing is text marketing. There’s no algorithms to overcome and you own your text followers. It’s easy to use and you’ll see instant results from sending text blasts if you implement it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

- Guest Communication

- Sales

- Event Bookings

- Higher ROI

- Trackable Results

- Customer Type Segmentation/Messaging Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Stephanie B of TXT180

Thank you for taking the time to review TXT180! Our team is happy to hear your great response rates using SMS messaging.

Advertising Sales Executive
What do you like best?

I run a foodie group and create unique dining experiences for our customers. Facebook is where we post our events, but most of our customers were not getting notifications about it from them and they were missing opportunities to purchase tickets before they sold out. I looked for a text messaging service to alert my customer 1 hour before tickets went on-sale and TXT180 was exactly what I needed. They were USA based (bonus) and had the best pricing I could find. I continue to use them for ticket alerts, but also working with local restaurants to offer deals to our subscribers to sign up and get a deal! Thanks TXT180! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The interface is a bit dated, could use a refresh. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great company based in the USA and low cost. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

A quicker way to contact my customers to alert about our upcoming events! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Stephanie B of TXT180

Thank you for your review! We're happy to hear that text works well to get your event information to your customers.

We are currently working on a dashboard re-design, hopefully, you will like it :)

We appreciate your feedback.

What do you like best?

The setup is a breeze, very easy to launch campaigns and find new Text numbers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

That I didn't know about it sooner and how easy it was to use, by far what was I thinking? Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Affordable easy to use, would recommend if you are just starting out with Text Marketing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Being able to reach bigger audiences that are not moving to text base marketing over traditional email. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Stephanie B of TXT180

Thank you for taking the time to review TXT180! We are happy to hear that you enjoy the service and the features. We appreciate your business and feedback.

Managing Member
Automotive
What do you like best?

I love how easy Txt180 is to use. The dashboard is simple and user friendly. Customer service is great too. Every time i have called with a question its answered friendly and promptly. Im honestly probably not utilizing like I should. We had a marketing employee at one point which we no longer have and he was using it more. Its really lack of time on my part to not utilize and get informed as to all the txt180 does. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not really a dislike but Its pretty basic. You can basically have one key word so if you want to have multiple Im not sure how that works. Might be a different price point- again not really a dislike it serves the purpose we wanted it for. we are a very small Automotive dealership just getting started. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Group texts to alert customers of events and promotions. Invite them to our other social media pages , wishing them well on Holidays etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Stephanie B of TXT180

Thank you for taking the time to review us, Bert! We are happy to hear that it's working well for your business.

You are able to create multiple keywords if you'd like. Those do cost an additional $2-$5 a month, depending on which short code you are on. Alternatively, you can add as many Groups as you'd like, free of charge. Groups are similar to Keywords but contain a hyphen and another word. For example your Keyword may be Car and your new Groups could be Car-1 & Car-2.

This works great if you want to have specific information about each car texted to the inquirer. If you'd like help integrating this or to find out more uses for your business, email us at support@txt180.com or go online to chat.

Thank you for your business!

Sr. Manager
What do you like best?

Having the opportunity to connect with your customers quickly is a must. Being able to send messages on the spot even from the txt 180 app is great and convenient. We can now pass along savings to customers much quicker and allow them to collect prizes by sharing with them info needed no matter if they are local or nationwide. The platform is easy to navigate once you sign in and plug and plays are easy to use for website additions as well. Support staff is always there to speak with you and get your questions answered in a timely manner. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that may fall a bit short is the number of characters allowed. I believe 160 is just a tad short of its competitors. You have to become very creative in order to send out a message to your customers sometimes having them think about your message a little longer than normal. A few more characters would be great. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a simple easy to use product. If you're expecting something robust this might not be for you if your looking for more characters than 160. However the platform will definitely get you where you need to go and then some. Support is great and will not leave you out guessing what the next move is. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The benefit of being able to send text out to multiple members at a moments notice. This has been a great tool for business building and staying in contact with customer base. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Stephanie B of TXT180

Thank you for your review, Byron! We're happy to hear your feedback and are looking to add MMS, which would allow for more characters, later this year. We appreciate your business.

President
What do you like best?

I am particularly fond of the feature set and its access via APIs for our integration needs. Where it has been lacking, Txt180 worked to fill in blanks even for a small company such as ours. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We have had one or two small disruptions of service over the last year - but was able to repair any detected issues. There was complete responsibility on Txt180 for their parts and excellent help in making things right. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Another side benefit of Txt180 is their expertise and calm nature when responding to all of the shock and awe out there in the SMS community in reference to FCC and courier rate/policy changes. Other vendors tend to scare you into products. Txt180 helps you really understand what matters and what does not. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are an advertising fundraising platform for Non Profit Organizations. Many SMS providers tend to batch process posts. Txt180, via their API, offers an on demand contact allowing bi directional responses. It also allows us to target specific time periods for sending texts while students are not a school - for example. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Stephanie B of TXT180

Thank you for your great review, Don! We are happy to hear you enjoy the service and we appreciate your business.

What do you like best?

Stored messages makes it easy to send similar or repeat messages with just a few clicks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have been locked out before due to expired credit card info and getting back in took too long and I missed my opportunity to send a reminder message. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Quality service at the right price. Easy to use. Many features. Easy to maintain and update. East to promote and acquire new users. Volume of messages is just right for the price. Easy to setup and easy to deliver messages. You will not be disappointed with this service! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Staying in communication with our network. Easily reminding dozens of people about upcoming events. Simple and easy to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Stephanie B of TXT180

Thank you for your review, Don! We are happy to hear that TXT180 helps you communicate easily and that you enjoy the features. We appreciate your business.

founder
What do you like best?

I love that I can schedule my texts to my customers ahead of time. I don’t have to worry the messages are always sent on time. Also, the software is really user friendly and is a great tool for storing your customers’ phone numbers, email addresses, and birthdays as well! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I dislike about this software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It’s a great way to stay connected with your customers. I do a pop up shop every month and each month I send out messages to remind my customers of the upcoming sales event. If I didnt use this software I am sure my customers would forget my upcoming sales dates. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Stephanie B of TXT180

Thank you for your review, Melinda! We're happy to hear that TXT180 works well keeping your customers aware of your sale dates. We appreciate your business!

Marketing Director
What do you like best?

Their system is easy to use which is why I initially chose them over a couple others. When I have needed support, their staff and online chat are awesome. I get great results versus other marketing avenues that I use (email, print, social) with SMS marketing. They also recently added several different reports that I find very useful. All around a great product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything that I dislike. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Start with their trial offer, 15 days free, and utilize their free support to get your account set up. it's not a hard system to use but if you've never done SMS marketing before, there are a few key things to learn. They do have video tutorials in the dashboard, but I found myself either calling or chatting to expedite the process. Once i went through the process of a couple of times, I no longer needed help moving forward. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Great response rates and click-thru-rates!! A better way to communicate with my customers and drive traffic on the same day. I also like the inbox feature, I have customers text me questions which is a lot more simple than a phone call. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Stephanie B of TXT180

Thank you for taking the time to review TXT180! We are happy to hear that it gets better for you than your other marketing methods. We appreciate your business.

Spa Marketing & Success Mindset Coach
What do you like best?

I like that I am able to roll over my messages if I did not use them that month. I also love how I am able to save templates for messages, making it easier to send to a list of clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how I cannot use emojis or photos/graphics in my messages Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I need graphocs to be sent to clients as well, and emojis! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am able to have a cancellation list now and market directly to customers who are looking for last-minute appointments, and sell more products to customers who have previously purchased retail in house. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Stephanie B of TXT180

Rebecca, thank you for taking the time to review TXT180! We appreciate your feedback and we are looking to add MMS (photos and graphics) in the future. Emojis, unfortunately, are not supported by the carriers for shortcode messaging yet but we're hoping that will change in the future as well. We are happy to hear that the service works well for your marketing and communication needs.

EI
What do you like best?

I love how easy it was to pick a short code that is relevant to my business. I love the dashboard feature and how easy it is to naviagate. The price point is competitive, and includes many extra features then competitors offer at the same price point. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was an option to add an extra short code at no additional cost, for those paying upfront for a full year of service. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Yes, it is a great value. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I love that people are able to text my short code and receive and Instant pre-planned response from me. I advertise my short code on my car window, and it’s much easier for people to text the short code vs enter my email address whilst driving Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Stephanie B of TXT180

Thank you for taking the time to review TXT180! We are happy to hear that it is working well for you and are glad to hear that you're being creative in advertising your opt-in on your car window. We appreciate your business.

AC
What do you like best?

Text 180 is an easy to use text marketing service. They have great support, customer service is quick to respond. Scheduled text messages and campaigns are easy to configure and send.

By using a unique short code, my customers can easily remember our keyword and are easy to recognize by subscribed customers. There is only two way communication for instant feedback and conversation with customers too. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Overall, the interface is easy to use, straightforward and complete; it is not pretty or the best layout, however, everything you need to send and receive text messages is at your fingertips.

I would like to see MMS (Multimedia Message) support and the ability to send MMS in addition to SMS. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Reliable, Good Customer Service, Good Short Codes + Keywords Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Because of a great short code and the ability to use keywords for campaigns, I can quickly and effectively reach my intended audience.

My customers love the ability for direct communication on their device without relying on using a personal computer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Stephanie B of TXT180

Thank you for taking the time to review us! We are in the middle of our dashboard refresh design, we hope you enjoy the more updated look. We are happy to hear that you and your customers enjoy the service. We appreciate your feedback and business.

AH
What do you like best?

An easy way to increase sales immediately with a couple of keystrokes and more effective than email marketing.

Able to target our customers faster with deals they are wanting.

Easy to manage and the cost per sale is lower than email. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

If there is anything that could be improved on is when a person updates their information (website) they are transferred to another webpage to claim an incentive (coupon, etc.).

And when they complete their update, a text message sent with a thank you for updating information and a link back to the redirect page to claim the incentive if they didn'thave time to print coupon. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you never considered the effectiveness of SMS marketing, it's the best investment in growing your sales. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The biggest advantage is the ability to reach our customers within minutes concerning a sale item and leading them right back to our sales page. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Stephanie B of TXT180

Thank you for taking the time to review TXT180! We are happy to hear that text helps you increase sales and is more effective for you versus email marketing. We appreciate your business and feedback.

Marketing Manager
What do you like best?

I love how simple TXT 180 is to use. Just yesterday, I sent a message to our staff while I was waiting for my truck to warm up. Simple and quick to use and I can access it from anywhere with my phone. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found anything I dislike about it yet. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We solved the phone tree for communication outside of normal working hours. We are able to get communication to staff on schedule changes, office closings, and special texts letting them know lunch will be provided or they can wear jeans for the day. It saves multiple people making multiple calls and everyone is getting the same exact message. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Stephanie B of TXT180

Thank you for your great review, Kerri! We are happy to hear that TXT180 works well for keeping your staff informed easily. We appreciate your business.

VP Marketing / Senior Meteorologist
What do you like best?

Ability to schedule messages, receiving notification when new subscribers opt in. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Inability to customize opt-out messages. Our users have expressed confusion at the message that says they will be getting a minimum of "x" messages a month. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Capturing new users. Our customers can begin using our service by texting the word "storm" to 21000. This lets us target them with a link to begin using our service. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Stephanie B of TXT180

Gene,

Thank you for taking the time to review us! We are happy to hear that the service is working well for you.

Marketing Manager
What do you like best?

Well-designed, highly effective messaging tool has the potential to keep prospective and current students engaged and well informed what goes on on-campus. A useful way for admissions, students, and parents to monitor progress and demonstrate holistic evidence of learning. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Personalization (first names) when texting students. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Enrollment. By using TXT180 we can keep our students informed about unplanned changes in their program and information sessions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Stephanie B of TXT180

Thank you for your review, Klint! We are happy to hear that TXT180 works well for keeping students and parents informed via text. We plan on adding the feature to add names to messages mid-year. We appreciate your feedback and are happy to have you as a customer.

Media and tech director
What do you like best?

I like the ease of use on all platforms and the pricing point! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Personally i have had no issues with this service. The only thing negative i could say is that the site could be a little more aesthetically appealing to perhaps get more clients! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use this service to reach our congregation of over 1000 people. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Stephanie B of TXT180

Thank you for your review, Logan! We are about to launch an updated version of the dashboard, we hope you like it! We are happy to hear that you enjoy the service and the price point. We appreciate your business.

Pastor/Associate Evangelist
Religious Institutions
What do you like best?

I like best the fact that the application is super easy to use and easy to send multiple messages to all my church contacts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Although it’s an easy application to use, I wish it looked better than it does. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The ability to inform all my contacts of any up and coming events. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Stephanie B of TXT180

Thank you for taking the time to review us, Howard! We appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear it works well for your church communication needs. Stay tuned, we are in the middle of a dashboard re-design, we hope you like it!

AR
What do you like best?

TXT180 offers a cheap and easy way to create links to private urls for exclusive events. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Interface seems unintuitive, and features aren't all that clear. We often use TXT180 in short bursts throughout a year and often don't reuse text codes. Offering a separate payment method that doesn't charge monthly would probably be more cost-effective for us. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Currently we are using TXT180 specifically as an alternative to putting up a URL on a flyer and signs, making it easier for people interested to sign up for our events. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Stephanie B of TXT180

Thank you for taking the time to review us! We do offer a yearly plan where you save up to 25% by paying for the year upfront. We are happy to hear that text works well for driving people to sign up for your events!

Social Media Manager
Retail
What do you like best?

The ease of use of the system. It's easy to use and one that's easy to get guests to sign up for. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't automatically save text blasts without saving them manually. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure the monthly costs are justified by the increased business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Getting more people to sign up. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Stephanie B of TXT180

Thank you for your review, Fahim! All sent texts are saved in your Pending/Sent for 6 months. We are happy to hear that text helps you get more people to sign up. We appreciate your business.

What do you like best?

I love the convenient app and the easy steps to get people on my list. I easily fill last minute openings in my massage business Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish the app was a little more updated Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Im easily filling last minute openings in my massage practice. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Stephanie B of TXT180

Thank you for your review, Kendall! We are happy to hear that text helps you fill your time slots in your massage business! We are currently working on our dashboard and app re-design so stay tuned for a new look, we hope you like it! We appreciate your business.

AR
What do you like best?

Txt 180 is easy to use! I like that I can pay for just what I need. Scheduling future texts is awesome. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I cant think of anything I dislike. Using it is a breeze. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Not all of our customers use social media. I have had customers tell me they enjoy receiving texts to keep them informed about what is going on here without having to log on to social media or to even have social media. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Stephanie B of TXT180

Thank you for taking the time to review us! We appreciate your feedback and business. We are happy to hear that your customers enjoy receiving the texts from you.

Minister of Students
Religious Institutions
What do you like best?

It’s easy to use, and the schedule function is great Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There’s not much I dislike - maybe wish I could have replies go to my number? Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I can contact a lot of people very easily with pertinent announcements and updates Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Stephanie B of TXT180

Thanks so much for your review, Alex! You can actually visit My Inbox then hit Inbox Settings and from there you can choose to have replies go to your cellphone or your email. We are happy to hear you are able to contact a lot of people and get your messages seen. We appreciate your business.