TempWorks Reviews & Product Details

TempWorks Overview

What is TempWorks?

Founded in 1997 and headquartered in Minnesota, TempWorks Software® has grown from a start-up to an premier provider of staffing software solutions and payroll services for temporary staffing and recruiting companies nationwide. With an all-in-one customizable front and back office solution and an open API, an industry-leading mobile-optimized applicant tracking system (ATS), mobile employee engagement app, invoicing and real-time reporting tools, and more, TempWorks Software® delivers the cutting-edge tools and software solutions for staffing agencies of all sizes. From staffing agencies with one or two users to established staffing franchises with hundreds of users, our staffing software solutions are tailored to optimize efficiency and streamline staffing operations.

TempWorks Details

TempWorks develops customized solutions from the ground up to address your staffing needs.

No matter how you partner with TempWorks Software, we invest in building quality partnerships and providing the highest level of service. With decades of experience serving the staffing industry, TempWorks prides itself on the quality of its products and superior customer service. Our support team and account managers are structured into small teams that serve the same clients. This allows TempWorks to deliver a personalized and consistent support experience for clients while still leveraging the resources of a larger company.

TempWorks Software
1997
Eagan, MN
@TempWorks

TempWorks Videos

TempWorks Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the TempWorks community
Have you used TempWorks before?

TempWorks Reviews

Showing 37 TempWorks reviews
Already have TempWorks?
AC
What do you like best?

the document search function, it makes it very easy to source resumes based on a word that can be found within resumes for the entire database and the results are returned quickly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

the fact that I cant copy and paste orders, I often need to create another order with the exact information and there is no function to do that quickly. Also, the program crashes or hangs up when trying to load it up. I also don't like the navigation between searches. Lastly, job posting information takes a really long time to reflect on the internet. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Consider all your options. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am using tempworks to create orders for temp services and managing our network of labor in the maritime industry of staffing. Tempworks holds our client information, status of communication and employee onboarding documentation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Special Projects
What do you like best?

in general, the technical support is very thorough, attentive, and genuinely helpful. (Tyler Beckstrand, other Mars team members.) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

it would be helpful to have either 1 definitive iteration of the software (desktop client seems to be the most popullar), or have the full feature set present in all of its forms. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Have one team member dedicated to taking issues you may have to TempWorks. You will not likely need multiple people to do it, and it helps develop a rapport with support. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

my primary use is with the payroll time importation aspects. it saves a lot of time to have this option and am looking forward to the future automation initiatives mentioned in the recent town hall . Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recruiter
What do you like best?

I definitely like that TempWorks is easy to navigate and find needed information, whether client, candidate, or otherwise. The searching function, specifically on the employee section, allows me to lookup people in different ways which I like. I can type in the phone number, part of the phone number, email, first or last name, etc. and it will narrow down who I'm looking for. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I use the remote desktop platform and I have issues with it freezing almost every day. If my supervisor isn't around to help close down my session I have to contact TempWork's IT support and it takes up a lot of my time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

TempWorks is a great tool to house everything you need in one place, especially for staffing and recruiting purposes. It is easy to navigate and is a useful applicant tracking system to ensure that I can properly track the progress of each of my candidates. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

TempWorks solves the issue of housing all information in one place. I love how it's customizable and I can put in notes and attach items so I can keep track of a candidate's progress easily. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Open Discussions in TempWorks
President
What do you like best?

Tempworks back office is excellent and overall very reliable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Enterprise is showing it age in how it can integrate and connect with other apps and the general internet. Email and text integration into Enterprise is poor. Beyond was initially going to be a great web based next generation of Enterprise, but so far we have found functionality of Beyond lacking. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

we are trying to run our staffing firm and efficiently as possible. Tempworks has a lot of great features to help us organize our candidates, clients, and employees and get them paid/billed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

US
What do you like best?

Tempworks has an abundance of customizable searches and reports available for us to utilize to run our business. Tempworks team works directly with our corporate office to problem solve and customize things on our behalf. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are a lot of functions and features that we simply don't use in our day to day operations, so it can be overwhelming at times. We simply work around the items we don't use, but I would much rather have too many features than too little. I also am not a huge fan of the mass emails, you are limited to how many you can email at once. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

My advice if you are considering using TempWorks would be work directly with a Tempworks account manager for ease of implementation and personal attention. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use Tempworks on a daily basis as a CRM and applicant tracking system, payroll processing, billing, ect. It's literally an all in one system! No having to log into various applications, everything is in one neat package. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Once you figure out how to enter in the necessary information, it is an easy system to use and very effective at running payroll and billing. The reports are good to keep track of internal metrics, accounting entries and tax payments. The customer service and account reps are extremely helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Try not to use support too often to avoid being billed for support hours and use their online knowledge base instead. Multiple reports needed sometimes to get what we are looking for. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

As a start up staffing company, TempWorks is a good resource for payroll, billing and reporting. It tends to get expensive the more transactions you run through them Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Paying over 400 employee's and keeping track of them is much simpler with TW. We are also able to book all accounting entries using the provided reports. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Account Executive
What do you like best?

the ability to pull reports for any data in the system Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Whenever HR Center is used for things like signing paperwork the system freezes and shuts down Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are able to solve things like employee productivity by pulling message reports Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Account Coordinator / Business Development
What do you like best?

the ability to leave messages regarding employees Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

bugs, having to restart it, freezing, difficulty to search Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

managing a database of candidates. saving documents/employee info. benifits include storing docs, employee outreach. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The on-line application, the ability to create skills tests, Tracking employees from application to onboarding to assignment to pay. Back office payroll. Tempworks has implemented many of the key features that are required by staffing companies, regardless of what type of staffing (light industrial, clerical, professional) a company is involved in. Also, the embracing and expansion of the on-line and mobile functionality of the software for the staffing company as well as the temp employee and the client. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is not much to dislike. I would like to see more parity with the Beyond platform where the best functions of Enterprise are ported over into Beyond. As well as an expansion of the back office capabilities with Beyond. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are currently in the process of site testing a capability of Buzz platform where we are using a tablet as a timeclock. This has allowed us to eliminate "time stealing" and has reduced our clients costs in just the first couple of weeks since we started the program. Tempworks is working closely with us and listening to our feedback in order to provide a wider roll out of this to TW's clients. Having this capability will allow us the ability to install a timeclock at a client's location when, in the past, it did not make financial sense. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

US
What do you like best?

Ability to search candidates by multiple data options Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The issues I have experienced are due to misconfiguration for our two Sacramento branches. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Keeping track of applicants and customers in an organized manner Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

ES
What do you like best?

My final contact person was caring, took ownership, conveyed honest caring, cooperated w/ my asks and brought closure to the contractual relationship in a positive manner. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Most everything prior to working w/ my last contact. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

TW's operating model, IMO, changed drastically from when I contracted 12 yrs. ago. It was folksy, small and personally caring. It got away from it's culture and fundamental tenets. It became, IMO, exclusively driven by revenue. Screw personal relationships and nuances of individual customers. I directed my staff to only interact w/ TW as a last resort. It seemed if support was contacted and you only asked for the date stamp of the last email, a billing would be triggered. I went thru an upgrade, where projected cost and billing were light years different. I pd. the toll, but w/ a sense of caveat emptor. TW is all about revenue. I was but a modest licensee. a negligible blip on the screen, as to revenue. I get that. The relationship, over the past three yrs., was contentious, at best. Until, but a few months ago, when the acct. rep was replaced/eliminated. The new contact was sincere, caring and took ownership. Tho' exiting, I felt a sense of honest caring and conveyance of a new culture. It was cathartic. The net? If TW, overall, has the tenor and caring relevance I experienced in the past six mos., I can recommend TW. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

N/A. Contract terminated. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Server Administrator
What do you like best?

TempWorks is all in one. Front of house, back of house, payroll, billing etc. We really like that we can stick with the same vendor for all parts of the employment cycle. The support is top tier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some parts of their software that they deem as less important aren't developed as well and therefore don't function as well. The time keeping piece is something we use a lot of and it isn't very flexible. There isn't a bio-metric solution or a true scheduler. The application (HR Center) is clunky and cumbersome to administrate. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Having an all in one solutions allows for simple user management and training. Having 1 vendor to pay makes it easier to manage costs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

u
What do you like best?

Training was amazing and super detail I highly recommend Rachel Langehough Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

None, i don't have any dislike about Rachel Langehough Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Productivity Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

TempWorks makes processing payroll for a large group of employees very easy. Our dedicated payroll processor is very helpful when it comes to corrections and adjustments that are needed and also making sure employees are paid on time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is a large selection of reports but to get what we want as a final outcome, we need to combine multiple reports or pay to have a custom one created. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

As a start-up company, TempWorks is a great outsourced product to make sure payroll and billing is done correctly. Just make sure your information is entered in fully. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The reports make accounting entries for cash, taxes and revenue very easy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AS
What do you like best?

Allows us to accurately track office by office metrics down to the customer, employee etc. We have so many options to view our data now compared to what we had in the past. Our support team is also top notch. I can't say enough good things about them. If they are not sure about something we request, they find out without giving us a ton of run around. They always to the extra mile and when you need a little help with customizations or day to day questions that is what counts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There seems to be a lack of effort going into updating Enterprise features and functionality. I know that the future is the Beyond platform but until that is fully functional it would be nice not to feel like updates in Enterprise are a complete dead end. I am also disappointed that the tasks in Enterprise do not link the the Beyond tasks. It makes it really hard for us to want to switch over to Beyond for our front office users because it can't be a little at a time, it has to be all or nothing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take time building your contract and deciding what modules you need. It is easier to have everything spelled out at the beginning vs trying to add in later on. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Tracking productivity is huge. We could never truly know how productive our staff was prior to Tempworks. It has opened our eyes to new processes that work better than ones we used in the past as well as a few that were not effective at all. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

US
What do you like best?

Ease of use. It's not hard to set employees up in the system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The search tool can be tricky but searches are only as good as the data entered. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Easy to use. New users can get up to speed quickly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

With the online application we are saving time by having candidates enter their own information which leaves us with more time to find clients that have open jobs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

US
What do you like best?

easy to navigate, self-explanatory, very organized Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

too many servers error and you cant switch account quickly Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

easy to locate profiles, contact information and documents Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The service and support we receive from all departments. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only issues we have is when the teampworks team gets too busy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Listen to the advice from Tempworks on process changes Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Tempworks address all of our ATS and back office needs Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CEO
What do you like best?

TempWorks is a full front and back office system. It is user-friendly and you can get your staff to a proficiency level within the first week or two. The customer service and support is TOP NOTCH! This company is well run and customer-centric. I started a staffing company last year and am so glad that we went with TempWorks. Our Account Manager, Tom Fiske is hyper-responsive and feels like a true partner. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only criticism I have is at times customizing the system can get expensive. I feel like most reports should already exist at this point, yet when we request a customization if feels like we are being quote so many hours for programmer time that the report is being created for the first time. I assume since TempWorks specializes in staffing that at some point one of your clients had requested the same or similar report and it could be used as a template for development which would save us time and money. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Simply put, we are able to run a thriving staffing business. TW is able to scale up with us as fast as we grow in a seamless manner. The benefits are smooth operational support through the system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Account Manager/HRIS/Trainer
What do you like best?

I enjoy that this platform has everything you need from FOH to BOH for managing temporary staff. There are so many tools, integrations and options to personalize the software so that it works for your specific needs. Support team is very friendly and helpful. I like that you get your own team so they already understand your specific needs and have an idea of how your operations work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the system is a little slower than is preferred however overall if you work with the system a lot you can find quicker methods to complete tasks that "zero" out some of the lag. Overall response time is good but here and there it does take some time to get answers to any issues that need corrections. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

TempWorks has many different program levels from small operations, to medium and large. Many of our competitors also use the software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Employee applications, on boarding solutions, contact management, vendor management, payroll, communication with staff, time keeping. We are able to use the robust reporting tools to create KPI reports for our internal staff to ensure they are meeting their necessary production targets. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The Tempworks team is very helpful. We have regular calls with Susan Worst. Susan always tries to help us find a solution, she has an amazing knowledge of TempWorks. If she doesn't know she finds it out and we meet about it. We are lucky to have her as our account manager. It is smart that TW encourages routine check ins with their customers. Give Susan a raise! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Tempworks needs many more integration partners!!! They need this badly! TW is slow to have integration partners and does not have the volume of partners to choose from. Bullhorn integrates with every company they can and TW is closed ended and wants to build it themselves. That is not a good strategic move. Better and more integrations on candidate engagement software, on demand staffing apps, Criminal record companies, WOTC, paycards, etc. Also, The Buzz app is a miss. It is not good. It does not compare to WorkN which is best in class. Make Buzz better or more importantly integrate with WorkN. ATS software is changing so rapidly if you do not open up and have more itnegrations TW will be left behind and never be able to catch up. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

See comments above Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Vice President of Organizational Development
What do you like best?

I like that Tempworks listens to its' customers. They take our feedback and are constantly improving the product. They make you feel like a part of a team and a partner. I always feel that there is someone to address any concerns. I like that we get to know all levels of the organization and there is a clear path on who to talk to on any issues. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some features that are being realized in other systems are not yet available in Tempworks. Some of the system lag times or time outs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have streamlined our application from a paper process 7 years ago to a fully streamlined online process with the ability to audit. We have many time saving integrations that have saved us time and money. We continue to improve processes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Chief Financial Officer
What do you like best?

TempWorks accurately calculates our payroll and billing every week, even in those weeks where we have 30,000+ employees to pay and bill! There's no other payroll and billing system for the temporary staffing industry that stacks up to the power that TempWorks has for processing large volumes of transactions accurately and efficiently. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Reporting capabilities could be improved. We must custom-build some of the more complex reports we require, and we have to do that through the TempWorks team, which costs time and money. Having a report builder tool inside the software would make it easier for our end-users to get what they want quickly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

TempWorks is a powerhouse for processing payroll and billing transactions efficiently and accurately. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

TempWorks is great for all of the new mandatory "Paid Time Off" regulations that pop up in different states and cities. They have built the tracking tools necessary to not only manage the tracking and reporting of the PTO balances for the temporary associates, but we can easily pay and bill the time with minimal effort. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director Of Operations
What do you like best?

The system is very user friendly compared to our previous ATS. They are continually upgrading and developing new products that continue to elevate our business and productivity. TempWorks customer service is superior to other vendors I have use. There are many integrations such as ZipWhip, Clarus Solutions, and Clear Investigative Advantage (CIA) that value my partnership. The community hub and The Works conference have been extremely valuable to me as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I'm extremely happy with the system. There is nothing that I dislike. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our year end closing process takes about half the time then our previous provider. The Beyond platform has made our remote team extremely happy and more productive then coming back into the office/cafe/home, etc to quickly access the system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AS
What do you like best?

The software is easy to learn and easy to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Electronic pay setup screen for paycard account Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The more i know how to use the software the quicker I can meet customer expectations Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.