TARS

4.8

TARS is a platform that allows users to create chatbots with no programming knowledge needed.

Work for TARS?

Learning about TARS?

TARS Reviews

Ask TARS a Question
Showing 35 TARS reviews
TARS review by alan m.
alan m.

"TARS helped me build a chatbot for generating leads for my design company."

What do you like best?

Quite a few things. Firstly, the ease of developing and implementing a chatbot is quite overwhelming. You can literally build and implement the chatbot on your website with 2 hours of signing up on their bot builder. The best part is that you can even make design changes to suit your brand. If you’re collecting leads for your business, the API feature lets you dump your leads directly to your CRM. The TARS team has been really helpful in terms of the support they provide.

What do you dislike?

I have been their customer for the past 2 years now and there is nothing that I could complain about.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Get it !!

I was getting good amount of traffic on my website but didn’t have the functionality of capturing lead data. With the chatbot, I have been able to capture considerable number of leads to generate revenue for my design company.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about TARS
TARS review by Mark I.
Mark I.

"Hands Down, The Best, Most Flexible, Supported Chat Bot Ever"

What do you like best?

Overall, TARS is the best chat bot system I've worked with, and I have tried many. It's flexible, allowing all sorts of ways to interact with your audience and even more ways to export and integrate the data you collect via apis. The way it works makes it easy to build interactive bots, even if you're not technically inclined. But if you are, it also has capabilities to do all sorts of things. The TARS community of users is nice, involved, cooperative, ambitious and creative in their ways of using TARS. The development team and support are outstanding, smart, creative, responsive and are always looking for ways to make it better.

What do you dislike?

Really can't find anything that I dislike about TARS, maybe the colors? :) I look forward to working with the system every day and find ways to better help my clients.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you have a website and get questions about your products or services regularly, consider using TARS to reduce your customer service. If you work with local businesses, this is a no brainer. Get it, it will help most every local business out there. The system is intuitive to setup and use, and support and resources are excellent if you get stuck.

Our main problem has been customer service and the time it takes. After implementing TARS, one of the clients we work with has reduced the time it takes to field questions over 60%, and more importantly, their sales conversions have doubled. Another bot we use collects leads and has reduced the number of calls coming into their location, but increased the number of appointments. Another bot will allow a church to help their parishioners find where they can best serve, all online and mobile friendly, even sending them results in an email, saving everyone time and making the process easy. We have many bots in the planning stage to auotmate all different types of business processes. Overall, the benefits of using TARS has been a great amount of time and money saved by automating processes and in turn, increasing sales and the bottom line. And frankly, having fun in the process, using TARS is fun!

What Bot Platforms solution do you use?

TARS review by Francisco A.
Francisco A.

"I have tried many apps to create bots but this one is amazing"

What do you like best?

The best thing about Tars is his technical support, he's excellent. Using it is also very easy and the number of options included exceeds all needs. It works very well on any website where I integrate this, and...¡works fine on many languages! Tars includes many training resources such as a complete FAQ, videos, forum and others, and that allows you to use them faster and better. You can also see examples of Bots created with Tars for different uses and that's great. Finally I want to mention the integrations that are fantastic

What do you dislike?

little to say here, maybe more customization options some things are missing: options like using my own image for the widget without having to modify the code. Also missing are options to show bot when trying to close the site or after a while or when reading a %. Another thing that needs to be improved is the integration with my autoresponder because I can't send the contact data directly to my autoresponder, nor download the list of new contacts in csv to use in my autoresponder and then reset to start the capture again and all that is, for the moment, too manual. Although some are missing, I have to give 10 points because they listen to the users and maybe they will correct this

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You can try Tars and then you won't be able to stop using it

Using Tars I can reduce the support tickets. In addition, visitors can receive just the information they are looking for very quickly. Also the visitor likes to give his data even better bot than a popup and that increases my list

TARS review by George Rovi T.
George Rovi T.

"TARS Bot"

What do you like best?

The community and the TARS team offer friendly support and feedback. Tars is a simple to use chatbot development platform that does not require any programming

skills. It offers a flowchart-like visual representation of the conversation to design the flow of

the conversation and the branching depending on the user’s answers. The input user interface

(UI) can be text with predefined configurations and keyboard types such as QWERTY keyboard,

email keyboard, telephone keyboard, and password keyboard. Tars also supports the

implementation of APIs, which can be used when computing is needed. Tars can be configured

to send email notifications for every new user data submission including information like the IP

address, the user’s device type, and the answers to each question.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I did not like, the team are constantly working on the platform and improving it with frequent updates.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give the free trial that Tars offers, unity and support team to guide you during your implementation.

With TARS bot I was able to build a mental illness information and symptom severity diagnosis conversational interface that helps people overcome barriers to help-seeking.

TARS review by Garik H.
Garik H.

"TARS makes building chat bots simple and provides powerful features like API and conditional jump."

What do you like best?

TARS makes building chat bots easy. You don't need to know how to code or program and the interface is simple and intuitive. I've been working in TARS for a while and one thing I really love is that the creators are constantly improving it. They've been open to my feedback and suggestions, and often times they are already building the new features that I suggest! It's been a pleasure using this platform for my business.

What do you dislike?

There's not anything I can think of. Having even more customization over the aesthetics of the user interface is always something I want, but the current platform looks exactly like Intercom powered chats so it does the job.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend trying the free trial and seeing if it meets your needs before you buy it. If you're like me you'll love it.

I'm using TARS to curate men's shopping experience through a chatbot. It's offered a powerful tool to do just that. So far I've been able to take it through multiple iterations of a prototype and do beta testing.

TARS review by Jason C.
Jason C.

"GetVisible Recommends TARS Chat Robot"

What do you like best?

So there's a couple of things we like about it. First of all, we tend to look for unexpected experiences when building websites for clients. And we also acknowledge that straight forms are sort of boring. What we like about TARS are two different aspects. First is that it's really easy to set up the conversation tree. The interface is just easy to use. The second thing is not about the interface but more about the engagement with the end user. The numbers don't lie. People for now like chat bots. And you can control the timing of the sequences to customize the experience.

What do you dislike?

It's cumbersome with the drag and drop experience to connect "gambits". so that part could use a different method to create a chat experience with a lot of questions. right now there is just one interface. In truth though i don't believe that there are too many circumstances where one would need a chat with more than 10 questions, so maybe this concern isn't a big deal.

Collecting data for our SEO and Adwords clients is our main concern. Getting high conversions without sacrificing quality is key.

TARS review by Ronald S.
Ronald S.

"The most flexible chat bots tool with amazing support customer service!"

What do you like best?

1. Custom and flexible chat bots workflow

2. Easy to use and video totorial available

3. Steady feature releases by the developers

4. Chat bots preview on the dashboard to test & see the workflow

5. Amazing and responsive customer support

What do you dislike?

1. Not having auto align gambit placement (I'm a little bit of OCD)

2. Don't have Pop-Up features gambit descriptions when hovering the mouse cursor

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're looking to build chat bots on any kind of websites and do not want tied to specifit platforms such as Facebook etc. Hello Tars does the job for your business and have an amazing customer support who responsive and really helping you is GOLD!

The freedom and ability to create chatbots and logic workflow on any kind of websites (WordPress, HTML, etc) and not tied to specific platforms such as Facebook.

TARS review by Jake N.
Jake N.

"Best Chatbot For Lead Generation"

What do you like best?

The ease of creating and deploying bot simple and complicated bots for real estate lead generation. With HelloTars, we were able to deploy 10+ bots in 1 day and generate hundreds of leads per month! For real estate professionals, using Hellotars is the epitome of working smart.

What do you dislike?

None at all. There's no point of weakness that I've experienced.

Lead Generation. In real estate, lead generation is the holy grail, it's what separates successful brokers and agents from the other side and hellotars have proven that it's more than capable of capturing 100's of leads on a monthly basis. It's only a matter of time and Ish and Vinit partners with the world's top real estate companies for lead generation.

TARS review by Melissa B.
Melissa B.

"Tars is my favorite"

What do you like best?

There are a number of different chatbot options on the market but Tars is by far my favorite. The interface is so easy to use. They are constantly adding new features and their newsletter is always funny but educational. I find the team great to work with as well. Always helpful and fast to answer questions.

What do you dislike?

I feature I would like to see is the ability to easily develop a landing page using a Tars chatbot. I'm not as technical as others so that's a little more cumbersome for me. The chatbot itself is very easy to work with.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Tars is always innovating. The support team is awesome.

We are helping customers add chatbots to their offerings. My business partner develops mobile apps so we have several chatbot enabled mobile apps. Clients love them!

TARS review by Tony  J.
Tony J.

"Tars kick ass"

What do you like best?

That Tars removed about 60-70% of our customer support tickets and that it's really easy to configure and tailor to your needs, drag/drop, connect and you are good to go.

What do you dislike?

When you are building complex bots the canvas tend to be quite cluttered and connecting external services usually require some kind of dev skills or middleware as Zapier etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are planning to use more advanced functions (API calls) make sure to involve your goto developer when you plan your implementation.

We use Tars to minimize the load on our customer support.

TARS review by Levi W.
Levi W.

"TARS is bringing the world into the chatbot revolution"

What do you like best?

Powerful features, awesome dashboard, API integrations, and much more all wrapped up in the TARS platform. But it's not all about the product; the TARS team is always improving UI and UX for users and builders. They work hard on their platform and new features releases and upgrades NEVER disappoint. Using TARS I transformed digital customer service for a government agency (Department of Motor Vehicles). If TARS can revolutionize the experience at the DMV, what could it do for your business?

What do you dislike?

Everything I may dislike is on the products roadmap in some shape or form to be updated. So with a little patience, there is not much to dislike. To be fair though, API integrations require knowledge in the subject or a desire for a whole lot of trial and error. Connections to Zapier and Automate.io are simple enough though. If you know how to work with these services, then your connections through TARS will be a breeze.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Read the documentation and join the community! TARS is simple to use right out of the gate, but the feature list has grown dramatically since a year ago. Make sure you keep track of available features, because it will unleash the full power of this platform. Just take 10 minutes here or there to read and test out the feature for yourself.

Well, transforming a government agency's digital experience 180 degrees, that also changed the atmosphere in physical locations (approx. 50), since customers where showing up ready to get their driver license or ID, where they used to show up unprepared because the website was a mess. The TARS bots step the customers through services, so they can't miss a step, and they are almost always prepared. This has cut down on wait times dramatically. Also, this bot system has received over 500 5-star ratings and it hasn't even been live for a full year.

TARS review by Subash R.
Subash R.

"Simple and Intuitive Chatbot!"

What do you like best?

We really liked their interface which was unique and intuitive. Easy to implement and doesn't require programming skills. We worked with more than 4 or 5 different chat bots and never seen a simple bot creation interface and someone can go live probably within 10 minutes.

What do you dislike?

We are not able to use the technology to its full extent and Tars had various limitations. We would want to see Tars stretching their bot abilities to the next level more than just being a contact form or lead generation bot.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for a simple but closed conversational chat bot which is easy to setup without any programming skills then you can bet with Tars solution!

Tars basically can solve a closed conversation with helping end users to complete a questionnaire or survey based on the flow created on the back end.

TARS review by Mark  P.
Mark P.

"Best Chatbot Out There!"

What do you like best?

Easy to set up. As i work on my own it has saved me so much time in answering commonly asked questions.

What do you dislike?

Nothing i can think of. It's the ultimate Chatbot. And support is outstanding.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just buy it.

It saves me time. Seriously, without the Tars Chatbot i would spend 50% of my time answering queries that can be easily automated. Potential customers get their questions answered in double quick time because they are not waiting in line or they have to wait for the answer by email.

TARS review by Mindy S.
Mindy S.

"Super easy to use and so versatile"

What do you like best?

The most fun you'll have creating chatbots, surveys and automating communication. You don't need any programming experience, but if you have some (even just a little) you can make you chatbots even more interactive and amazing + the customer support is awesome.

What do you dislike?

You can export your data with a CSV file, but accessing and using the data is still quite clunky. There is no filling system for organising your Bots so once you have a few it starts get a bit messy

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Highly recommend

I use it for surveys, for on-boarding new clients, for automating communication, for building data bases related to my membership

TARS review by Álvaro A.
Álvaro A.

"A powerful chatbot builder"

What do you like best?

I have only good reasons to recommend Tars. But if I need to select one would be their API feature, a real game-changer.

You just need a bit of imagination to generate complex apps.

Want to create e-commerce on a chatbot? Or a referral program? Or a sign-up process to your app? Then Tars is for you.

What do you dislike?

Maybe the design. In mobile devices works excellent but on the desktop, the chat window for me is a bit small if you use it as a landing page.

Lead generation in the complex world of the art market.

TARS review by Riddhi D.
Riddhi D.

"Great Product and Service"

What do you like best?

Ability to customize workflows and set up conditional rules. Good user experience with the bot. Seamless integration with the existing website and with analytics and ad platforms for better analysis and data collection

What do you dislike?

Lacks the ability to serve dynamic content based on URL parameters being passed while opening the bot.

we are using it to increase the volume of leads generated for our client businesses and also for reducing the cost per lead for the clients.

TARS review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Incredibly easy to get started"

What do you like best?

The speed to get a fully functional BOT is less than 20 minutes. That is incredible speed.

What do you dislike?

The fact that I don't have a manual or a book to tell a newcomer how to get on board and do this. It is learning by experience. And some people need manuals too. It's not an either or. But needs both.

Also, we use BOTs for quantitative research. And many survey type actions are not possible like Rank order. Limiting the number of choices on a multiple choice etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for better sales, customer inquiry etc. You don't need to go any further. Especially if you don't know how to program.

Getting people to chat instead of taking boring surveys/

TARS review by Prasanna K.
Prasanna K.

"Easiest way to build an interactive conversation with prospects"

What do you like best?

Availability of templates

Easy to build more conversational exchanges

Ability to use zapier and Google sheets

High conversions from landing to conversations

What do you dislike?

Too much functionality and possible ways to build. Takes some time to learn how to use all the power.

Needed a way to capture leads while helping prospects find what they need on our site.

Got more conversions in the last week than the last 6 months.

TARS review by Alex J.
Alex J.

"Excellent Customer Support"

What do you like best?

Fast and responsive customer support.

Easy to use UI

Frequent introduction of new features

What do you dislike?

Display of chat nodes becomes a bit hard to read when you have set up many of these like we have. Also, you can't export/print these out.

It helps answer simple and frequently asked questions from customers so help free up our phone lines during peak call hours.

It also answers customers questions or allows them to leave messages for us after-hours.

TARS review by Allan C.
Allan C.

"Showcases my storytelling skills"

What do you like best?

Tars has all the right tools I need to design and publish a chatbot.

They understand the industry so they're able to introduce and support the right features. You'll notice how they took some UI shortcuts in favor of practicality because the folks know what parts are critical or not.

What do you dislike?

The trickiest part for me is deciding when to add a chatbot widget.

I also have a chat widget and other pop-ups.

I could use guides on when to use which CTA tool.

Decreasing bounce rate, increasing visitor engagement, and showcasing info that they'd otherwise miss out if they weren't highlighted by my bots.

TARS review by Internal Consultant
Internal Consultant

"The very useful bot platform"

What do you like best?

1. Cross platform - not mobile only and for web!

2. Logical model - you can develop any logic jumping logic and workflow

3. API - great integration with your web and other solutions

4. Many features - all that need for develop many bot cases any difficulty

5. Great support!

6. Stability work platform

What do you dislike?

There are nothing found. I like the platform

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend the platform to all: from entrepreneur to business. You can develop bots of any complexity

We develop online training (7 lessons) with integration to CRM.

The developed product is very complex and useful for our customers.

TARS review by G2 User
G2 User

"It keeps getting better"

What do you like best?

The developers are very accessible and do a great job of listening to customers needs and updating the product accordingly. They don't shy away from things just because doing something might be tough to do.

What do you dislike?

If I had to say one thing it would be the coloring of the dashboard and how it is somewhat clunky to change the popup icons of the robots. Maybe that's branding but the colors are not appealing to me - luckily there is customizability so my preferences don't matter.

I am using as a virtual concierge to direct people to information they are searching for on my websites. I also look forward to using as a scheduling tool in the near future once they integrate with Google Calendars.

TARS review by Antionette L.
Antionette L.

"Great customer service."

What do you like best?

TARS are a perfect way to interact with a potential prospect without you being there and to capture leads.

What do you dislike?

I do not have any dislike. TAR team is always making improvements to the product.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great product and customer support.

Increasing lead capture.

TARS review by Dessie M.
Dessie M.

"User friendly platform with awesome customer support"

What do you like best?

How easy it is to use the platform. The capability built in is phenomenal and caters for all my needs

What do you dislike?

Nothing. Exceptional experience so far. Still learning and it is very exciting

Providing alternative market disruption in the South African market

TARS review by Nigel G.
Nigel G.

"Great service"

What do you like best?

The guys at Tars are so passionate about bots and maximum engagement.

What do you dislike?

Theres nothing I can say in regards dislikes, Tars really in a all round great product with really nice people there to help.

Tars helps me engage and automate conversations I would have otherwise missed

TARS review by Yacov A.
Yacov A.

"Great products greta service!"

What do you like best?

Really fast and easy to set top new bots

What do you dislike?

admin panel design should be upgraded a little bit ...

Recommendations to others considering the product:

yes indeed

developer always added new features a well new functionality

clients get bots support and advice choosing best fitness product for the,

TARS review by Iavorszky D.
Iavorszky D.

"the most complex bot builder in the market"

What do you like best?

ease of use, the learning curve is not steep, and the API integration opens a lot of opportunities

What do you dislike?

no free permanent plan yet, unfortunately.

from lead capturing in the website to complex support assistance for clients! No limit in the opportunities.

TARS review by Peter C.
Peter C.

"Very easy to use chat bot builder"

What do you like best?

It's very easy to use. You don't have to code and the interface is straightforward to use. The developers are actively developing it, and it's getting better all the time.

What do you dislike?

Nothing significant. And given how much it is evolving, and how it is getting better all the time, there's even less to dislike :)

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Test it out. They offer a trial.

Using it for lead generation and qualifying leads

TARS review by User in Internet

"Best Tool To Build Conversational Bots"

What do you like best?

I've been using Tars for my agency to schedule calls with clients. So far it got me almost $10,000 in B2B sales using the chatbots. The feedback I get is - they enjoy filling out the bots, it feels more 'human' vs. forms.

What do you dislike?

I wish HelloTars got attribution features like Chatfuel to make the bot more flexible.

Can get more engaged with clients.

TARS review by Administrator

"Great back end for non programmers"

What do you like best?

Very easy to program your own bot. I like that it has a lot of languages pre-programmed, and easy to integrate APIs. Also, very helpful customer service staff.

What do you dislike?

The chatbots cannot easily be personalized for different users. They sometimes reboot and start from scratch causing you to lose the info already submitted.

We use it as a logbook for caregivers.

TARS review by Christophe R.
Christophe R.

"Great tools and what a great support"

What do you like best?

Tars make it easy to build bots and the team is always here to help you with everything you need to build better bots.

What do you dislike?

Quite nothing, because when I've been stuck, I go help. But maybe the design function could be detailed to customize the bot as we want.

FAQ Answer.

Facilitating orders.

Built a more conversational website.

TARS review by G2 User
G2 User

"Awesome bot builder"

What do you like best?

So simple and intuitive to use. It almost speaks for itself.

What do you dislike?

Nothing actually. maybe more design options? In example easier ways to design a new bot for your site.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Worth the investment! It's so easy and clean interface.

CRO, customer service, lead generation, affiliate promo's

TARS review by Parth G.
Parth G.

"Best Ready to use Chat Bot"

What do you like best?

Tars offer best and easy to use and implement Chatbot for any used cases. They provide instant support round the clock.

What do you dislike?

Nothing as such. i found the best one to use from my research

Automating Support

TARS review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Information Technology and Services
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Information Technology and Services

"Easy & Fast Creation"

What do you like best?

It's easy to build an AI-based chat. It doesn't require any specific knowledge.

What do you dislike?

i would love to have more options as well as integration options for more effective chat experience.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Its good. It not only easy to use but you can customize chat according to your need. I found this tool very good for my business.

Finance & legal

TARS review by User in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
User in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

"Easy to use! "

What do you like best?

How easy it is to use, and input your time.

What do you dislike?

That entering time isn’t the default option when you log in.

Entering in time.

Learning about TARS?

* We monitor all TARS reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.