Tabs3 Software Reviews & Product Details

Tabs3 Software Overview

What is Tabs3 Software?

Tabs3 has been trusted by our users for 40 years and has become the most award-winning legal billing software, backed by support with 96% client satisfaction. Whether you’re looking for complete practice management or stand alone billing, case management, or financials, you can begin and end your search with Tabs3. Sign up for a free trial or sign up for a one-on-one walkthrough at Tabs3.com/SeeTabs3.

Tabs3 Software Details

Tabs3 Billing makes it easy to get your bills out quickly, and manage the business side of your firm.

Tabs3 Software
1979
Lincoln, NE
@Tabs3Software
267 Twitter followers

Tabs3 Software Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Tabs3 Software community
Have you used Tabs3 Software before?

Tabs3 Software Reviews

Showing 27 Tabs3 Software reviews
Already have Tabs3 Software?
UL
What do you like best?

I love how easy Tabs was to learn and how easy it is to use. I had very minimal training on it and I was up and running within a day. Recently they updated the program and now it's even better!! You can add certain accounts to your favourites and open multiple windows at once which is AWESOME! And being able to Tab over and not use your mouse saves so much time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't really like how you have to have permissions to delete something, but that's just a security feature that I believe my company sets and not the software itself. If I use the wrong account number or something I have to have an administrator to delete it and fix. But if it's only a change in the description, it's easy to change myself. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I HIGHLY recommend tabs. It's easy to learn and easy to use! and prints out GREAT detailed reports. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Tabs solves the problem of entering multiple time entries a day in as little time as possible so that billing does not consume my day and I have more hours to bill clients instead. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UL
What do you like best?

One stop shop - Software is good for client billing and account management Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The software at time is clunky and some features that should be available are not Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Great for billing and invoicing clients Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UL
What do you like best?

PracticeMaster is perfect because it keeps every bit of important information for our practice in one easily accessible spot. The best part is how PracticeMaster automatically links every email we send with one of our client numbers. We can then easily reference sent emails on the client account, including emails sent by other paralegals or attorneys. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, it crashes unexpectedly, but the data doesn't get lost. The crashing may be an issue on our network, but at this point we cannot determine the source of issue. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely use this product. It is top of the line for law practice management. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are able to connect each member of our practice digitally with PracticeMaster. We record phone call notes, record requests, client information, and even emails with this software. This makes any action much easier because it can be made by any member of the firm. By having all of the information accessible in one location, I could be on the phone about something case related and be able to refer to what one of the other paralegals did a month ago on the same case. Of course this all relies on users to carry out, but this software is simply incredible for unifying records and connecting employees. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UL
What do you like best?

We really liked Tabs3 when we used it. It enables you to add an amazing amount of users -- so it's good for medium to large firms -- and enter a huge selection of various billing scenarios and charges. Drop-downs are very convenient and their tech support is fantastic. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Transferring files from Tabs3 remote to the master administrator. It would be better if it were cloud-based. Also, the program is complicated, so some users may have difficulty. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Tabs3 has excellent trust accounting and saved us money because we didn't have to use an accountant any more. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UL
What do you like best?

Tabs3 is simple and easy to use. The company I work for uses it to keep track of our hours and to bill our clients. It does not take long to enter in the information needed and we each have our own login so it’s very simple to keep track on each of our hours. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Tabs3 isn’t the most up to date service. The design looks outdated and can use some remodeling. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

To update the system Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It does not load properly, but that may be because of our server. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UL
What do you like best?

It is easy to input clients. Also it keeps many records in the system so we never run out of room. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It is hard to search for anything specific so if you are searching for a client its very hard to find anything. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Keeping our clients organized so we can find phone numbers with ease and or addresses Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UL
What do you like best?

Simple to use, very organized, quickly generates reports and statements needed for clients Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The background of the program needs updated. Looks outdated from the 2000’s Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Easy way to organize clients information. Creates reports and statements quickly and neatly Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Law Firm Administrator
Law Practice
What do you like best?

Easy to see calendar entries and filter for specific person. also can see an audit trail of changes made to the calendar entries. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

You can accidentally delete and entry and not even know you deleted it. there are no verification trails for the calendar. tasks do not sync well with outlook and GASMO. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

keeps everyone organized and on track for events/tasks in the future. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UL
What do you like best?

Very little. I do not find this software reliable and I have problems with it syncing to my calendar. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Does not seem to automatically calculate related dates and deadlines. Difficult to sync with Outlook. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Calendaring for litigation cases. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UL
What do you like best?

I just started using this at my new job as a paralegal where I am having to keep track of my time for the first time. This software so far, while having a ton of features I haven’t even touched, is very intuitive as far as the basics go. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It is intimidating at first look because of there are a lot of tabs and options that are not very clearly labeled. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Compared to the paper and pencil timekeeping attorneys used at my previous job, being able to keep track with just one keystroke rather than watching the clock is so much more accurate and easy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The ability to print reports and speed of program. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Limited access to some areas and limited training. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Billing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UL
What do you like best?

The search function for finding clients is intuitive and easy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The interface is a little outdated and clunky. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Easier for support staff to keep track of billing trends and shortcomings. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UL
What do you like best?

Tabs3 is very easy to use and easy to navigate. I can rely on it for my everyday needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Tabs3 often freezes, but I do not know whether this may be more attributable to my old computer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Keeping track of billing Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AL
What do you like best?

It is easy to create billing statements and manage client accounts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

They don't have a lot of representatives in the area who can help with the installation and training. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is one of the simplest billing software to use and it integrates well with other programs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We conduct all of our billing through TABS3. The benefits have been we are able to keep track of the status of client accounts and we can get statements out faster. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AL
What do you like best?

Can have as many windows open as you like, billing entries will allow for macros, can color code calendar entries Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I’d like to be able to print my task in a more organized format, and make it easier to run conflict check reports Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Making sure there are no conflicts with clients prior to representation and everyday organization Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Legal Assistant
Law Practice
What do you like best?

The simple user interface and common-sense Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The inability to set up basic flat-flee structures Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Set up an easier billing arrangement for flat fee clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Billing and client management Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UL
What do you like best?

I keep Tabs open and input my time throughout the day. That really helps to keep my day moving rather than turning in a timesheet at the end of the day, as I did at my prior job. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It is somewhat difficult to delete entries and also difficult to go back and review time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I have nothing else to compare Tabs to but it seems good from my perspective. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am able to keep much better track of my time with Tabs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UL
What do you like best?

The timer function is helpful but it does not check in to make sure you are still working. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Tabs crashes often when I am updating my time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

time tracking Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UL
What do you like best?

Entry/codes is simple and easy to navigate Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Limited sort/search and revision options for non-admin users Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Time management/efficiency Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UL
What do you like best?

Easy to input time, have different codes for timekeepers and attorneys, as well as areas of practice. Works well with clients by number, good search features. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Difficult to use from a non-admin standpoint. Difficult to print out billing history for particular timekeeper without admin assistance, once billed entries removed from billing, unable to go back. If entered in error, cannot just change client number, must do complete new entry. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Easy way to keep track of increment billing and time spent to maximize recovery. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like that it is easy to use and makes billing quick. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It could use an update it doesnt look like it has been updated in a while Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a little outdated but works fine Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It is a great way to capture time and billing and easily conveys entries to clients Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Office Manager
Law Practice
What do you like best?

What isn't easy to figure out is just a phone call away. I like the technical support people I have had to contact. I like that when I call, I leave the conversation with a satisfactory result. I like that all the modules integrate so information doesn't need to be repeated. I like being able easily change formats of statements. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not being able to create my own reusable reports. Don't know how to configure the quires. I don't like the pricing of the practice master piece for a company our size.. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

We do not use this software for timekeeping purposes so I cannot address that, but we do use it for billing. It is great for having all the AP/AR, Trust, & GL all in one piece. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are currently using two separate pieces of software for our billing, TABS3 for the AP and Billing Invoices and DTE for the time keeping. These two integrate and are compatible and continue to be cost effective. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Staff Accountant
Accounting
What do you like best?

The A/P module is very easy to use in our line of business (Law firm). The A/P reports can easily be ran, analyzed. The Trust Account Module is pretty straight forward and accurate. Easy to run reports. G/L and Tabs are very easy to use as well. If you are on cash basis, the write off/generate statements features are very easy to use. The integration on the G/L is pretty straight forward. As long as you have the right accounts Debits and Credits the system works good. P/L, B/S , T/B reports look good, they are very friendly user. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The A/P module should be more accurate when you the same invoice twice. If the date is different, then the entire invoice will be paid again. is. (invoice #1 dated jan 5th, and then invoice #1 dated February 5th - the system will not recognize it as duplicate invoice, instead it will process it and pay it - everything needs to be exactly the same in order for the system to recongize it as a duplicate) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

its a good starting system depending on the volume you have. Good system for law firms that specialize in foreclosure. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

This software runs our day to day activities. We cannot run with out it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Law Firm Administrator
Legal Services
What do you like best?

TABS3 is stable. In 3 years, I have had to restore from backup only once. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

TABS lacks the functionality of its larger cousins. One thing I would like to have is a text search & replace when you preview a transaction file. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I do not have the Platinum version, so I can speak to the standard version only. If you are a large firm, insist on the Platinum version. The standard version works well for small firms and it is economical. Their support is excellent. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We migrated from the DOS version of Juris, so the reporting features and our ability to budget is appreciated. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Legal Assistant
Legal Services
What do you like best?

How it generates reports, i can go to the client's name and have a cost expense printed for them within seconds. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There really isn't much to dislike about it, it tracks a lot for us and saves us a lot of time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I handle the case expense for our clients, I like being able to print out the expense's and it separates the advance and normal expenses for me. It saves me a lot of time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.