Great git and mercurial UI client:
* works for both Windows and Mac OSX. There might be minor differences, but mostly the same.
* integrates well with other Atlassian development tools, if you use them.
* excellent support for most things you would do, such as git flow, stash changes, conflict resolution, etc...
* all in all, a UI tool that does not suck!
A great tool to help ease new users to using git, or for people not comfortable with the commandline.
Only two things come in mind, and a being a bit "bone picking" here:
* occasionally, major updates will introduce unexpected changes that might cause a bit of "disruption". This has happened once in my experience. Good news is, they are pretty quick at addressing these problems.
* making you too comfortable with using it, and forgetting how to use Git with commandline.
Great tool to have for anyone working with git, such as GitHub and BitBucket, for personal or work uses.
Do keep an eye on release notes, in case for major UI changes. Does not happen often however.
Using SourceTree almost exclusively with all our git repositories, avoids mistakes that can easily happen with commandline. Branching and stashing changes with ease, really helps to juggle between frequent code stream changes to the same project.
Helps to set up new repositories with standardized git flow layout for everyone on the team to follow and use.
Overall, greatly improving work efficiency, i.e. one button click vs remembering many commands.