Smartwaiver Reviews & Product Details

Smartwaiver Overview

What is Smartwaiver?

Smartwaiver is an online waiver solution for businesses large and small. Existing paper waivers are converted into interactive, digital documents which can be signed online, or at your location on a computer, tablet or smartphone. Signed waivers are stored in a secure, searchable database, eliminating the need for paper and filing cabinets.

Smartwaiver Details

Smartwaiver is an online waiver solution for businesses large and small. Existing paper waivers are converted into legally-binding, interactive, digital documents which can be signed online, or at your location on a computer, tablet or smartphone. Signed waivers are stored in a secure, searchable database, eliminating the need for paper and filing cabinets.

Smartwaiver

Already have Smartwaiver?
President
UE
Review source: G2 Gives Campaign
What do you like best?

I enjoy how customizable and adaptable the software can be Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is not much to dislike, much of the content is made by your team. The price could be lower. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have been using smartwaiver to distribute general safety waivers to our guests in a uniform manner Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AE
What do you like best?

I like that we can see the check in history of our clients, and trends on when we are busiest. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that you cannot check people out to show how long they stayed, that would be useful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I have not yet found a waiver company that allows you to import pre-existing waivers. Tags will not show up on check-in history and the data takes a but to export. Smartwaiver does not integrate with our online scheduling system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Waivers for our patrons. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

that I don't have to file paper waivers anymore. I also like the tags and ability to use the smartfill add on with chrome web browser to add prospect and client information to my CRM and member database. it has cut down employee error by 90% Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have had some issues with field recognition using the smartfill extension, and it's not a huge issue, however, there is not really a way to "reset" so I can fix the issues. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

take advantage of their ability to create the initial waiver for you, it is really much quicker to edit or copy a waiver and edit it, then to start from scratch. All you have to do is send them your waiver! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

employee error when entering in information, waivers are easy to find in the system, prospects are easy to categorize and this creates a better follow up system for our team as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love that I'm able to add a link to my waiver in my confirmation emails to clients so that they're able to fill out their forms before coming in, saving time on the day of their appointment. The Waiver Vault app also makes it extremely easy for me to pull up their forms. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

My biggest grievance is that the Smartwaiver Kiosk app is not compatible will all Android devices. I had bought a Samsung tablet specifically to have in my studio for clients who forgot to fill out their forms ahead of time, but the kiosk app is unavailable on this particular tablet. I'd had an older tablet that also had Android OS and was able to download the app, so that's a little frustrating. I get around this by having a web browser open on the tablet for them to fill it out online. It's not the best interface this way but it works well enough. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The price point is competitive with various tiers depending on how many waivers you collect per month. The ability to customize the look and verbiage of your form is great to keep strong branding for your business. With several different formats of questions (yes/no, multiple choice, text box, etc) you can easily get exactly the information you need from customers. You also have the ability to flag certain responses to make sure you don't miss anything important like a listed allergy or health condition. Smartwaiver even has some analytics reports so that you can get a picture of your demographic. It's made a huge difference in the efficiency of my business! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Once I started getting busy, it was absolutely unrealistic to have hard-copies of intake form/waivers for my clients to fill out and for me to store. Not only was it expensive to print out forms, it also felt extremely wasteful to use all that paper. Smartwaiver cuts down the cost dramatically and saves me time that I used to spend making copies and filing forms. On top of that, I'm also able to have my clients fill out their forms before even coming in, which saves me time on their appointments to make my booking more efficient. Being able to easily search for a specific customer through the waiver vault is also exponentially easier than digging through files to find a customer who was in months ago. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Business Owner
Sports
What do you like best?

The ability to eliminate paper and go completely digital in a very organized fashion. And the option to go dormant for $5/month during slow season Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

the limit on waivers and having to buy more. I have so many people who sign waivers, i'd like an unlimited option Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have eliminated paper use and the disorganization that goes with that and bulk Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love that I can set up a "kiosk" on a tablet for clients to fill out their waivers when they come in, as well as sending them links ahead of time to fill in on their own. My favorite thing is being able to download the "console" app on my phone, which gives me a notification as soon as a waiver is completed and I can pull it up right there to view it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have struggled SO much finding a tablet that can support it! Obviously I could buy and iPad, but I'm not trying to fork out that much for a tablet when the majority of my clients fill out their forms ahead of time. Since the app is also on the Google Play store, I assumed any Samsung or Android powered tablet would support the kiosk app. Unfortunately I have struck out twice on that and had to return two different tablets. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Creating your own waiver took a little more time to get the hang of than I was expecting, but it was easy enough after messing around with it for a bit. They also have the free option of sending a PDF of your existing waivers that they will turn into an online waiver for you, which is nice for anyone less tech-savvy or who just doesn't have the time. Just make sure that any tablets you get to use as a Kiosk support the app! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Having to print out physical waivers was both wasteful and a nuisance. I'm no longer using up expensive printer ink, having to make trips to get copies made, or feeling guilty using up so much paper. Storing them was also a huge hassle, and trying to pull up a previous client's info was a pain. Now that it's all web based, I can easily find a client's form, I don't have to bother storing them, and I never have to make copies again. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Marketing Manager
What do you like best?

The staff at SmartWaiver are all amazing, I have never had a negative experience with anyone either on the phone or on the live chat. All questions have been answered quickly and have always solved my problems.

We love the simplicity, and how easy it is to train employees on the system. It also helps eliminate any of the old problems we were having. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is some limited function in the layout of the waiver, and I wish some of the "at a glance" dashboard items could be customized. But that's the only flaw I have had so far. All of the data can be exported and reviewed pretty easily. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It was pretty easy to set up, we just uploaded our paper waiver, selected the right questions for identification and boom, we were done. I have them auto upload to a Google drive, and we have had to pull one for the police report. It held up very well and we pulled the waiver instantly from our system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have used Smartwaiver to help streamline our waivers for our indoor shooting range. We work in an industry where mistakes cannot happen and Smartwaiver has made us safer, more compliant and allowed our customers to fill out their waivers before they get to the range. I would highly recommend this software to anyone looking to simplify their system Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UF
What do you like best?

You don't need to have a lot of knowledge about computer to use it. Really easy to train staff how to use it.

Save lots of paper and easy to save waivers for your records. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

You have a short time to save your waivers from the email. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Saving paper and time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

President
What do you like best?

Integrated solution is fast and very clean GUI Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Pricing is higher than other options we have tested. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If the price is not too high then this is one of the cleanest and robust waiver systems out there today. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We need waivers signed on a daily basis and Smartwaiver takes the headache out! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director of Fun
Leisure, Travel & Tourism
What do you like best?

Ease of use both for guests and internal staff, simple to create new waivers, integrated with Rezdy tour booking software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice if we could search for waivers using any information field in the waiver. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Going paperless with our waivers has saved paper, employee time and storage space. Waivers are easily accessible via computer or other device. If a parent forgot to sign a waiver for their child, it is easy to call them and ask them to submit one online. Much more convenient than having to print, sign and fax a paper waiver. More secure than paper waivers as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director
Recreational Facilities and Services
What do you like best?

Don't have to print anything out! Check them off and I'm done. Excited about the integration with my reservation system. Remote access so that customers and guardians can get this done before they arrive at our location. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not everyone uses it and we still have to offer the paper option. I expect more customers to take advantage of this once integration with my reservation system is complete. Signing with a mouse, but it works. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Streamlines in person customer management and checkout process. Saves paper. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sales & Marketing
Fine Art
What do you like best?

Smartwaiver is by far the EASIEST and BEST online waiver system out there. The company is supportive and always on hand to help out with any quick adjustments. Clients will spend 5 minutes at most signing these online waivers. Easy, easy, easy!!!! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I haven't had any real major issues gone wrong with Smarwaiver. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Incredible peace of mind. I personally enjoy the outings with clients/guests much more now knowing that I'm protected. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AF
What do you like best?

Reasonably easy interface to set up a basic waiver for those not technically inclined. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

No real customer support whatsoever. Either an unwillingness or general inability to implement additional features for users. Replies from support always ended in dodging the request or downplaying it's importance before ultimately going silent.

They also recently had an outage of their services for a full day (entire website unreachable) which disrupted many businesses that relied on their service. They only offered the cost of their service for the outage time as compensation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If your use case is simple and you have a very strict deadline, this may be the product for you.

If you need reliability, performance, support or future flexibility, I would strongly caution against trying to use them with your system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We wanted an off-the-shelf way to allow users to digitally sign waivers and then have that funnel into our system for record keeping.

Given our wasted time going back and forth with smartwaiver and the extra work-arounds we've had to implement to account for deficiencies in their system, we've realized no benefits vs just implementing the entire system in-house.

Right now, it's a sunk cost and we're going to move forward with developing our own alternative. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AS
What do you like best?

I have all of my waivers online - no paper! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I am still unsure how to upload data to business contact list, but working on it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do the Trial - it is the best way to see if it works for your business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

no paper releases - streamlined admin processes Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Interim Board Member
Internet
What do you like best?

Easy to set up, use and update our waivers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Lacks integration with our web browser of choice. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have greatly reduced customer work flow and file storage needs by implementing a digital waiver system for our recreation business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UP
What do you like best?

No more scanning paper waivers, losing paper waivers, storing paper waivers, sorting through paperwaivers. Everything is searchable and we can export e-mail addresses for marketing purposes afterwards. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I'd love for them to integrate with Emma. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

More time savings. Less work for staffers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

US
What do you like best?

Appearance and easily navigated by customers Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Customer service is awful. No regard with what their customer is looking for. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do not use them as they offer no support to you once they have your money. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Trying to set up waivers for 3 seperate companies Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Do you work for Smartwaiver?

Smartwaiver Categories on G2