Shiftboard Reviews & Product Details

What is Shiftboard?

Shiftboard is the leading provider of workforce scheduling software. Shiftboard optimizes scheduling to reduce labor costs and ensure compliance, enables real-time worker communication to better engage workers so there are fewer missed shifts, and better labor forecasting to ensure you create the best schedule to meet your business needs. Thousands of organizations choose Shiftboard to help lower labor costs, increase worker productivity, and decrease employee turnover.

Shiftboard Screenshots

Client Experience Associate
Most Recent Shiftboard Video Review
Security Supervisor

"Very user friendly! "

What do you like best?

I like that you can manage every employee AND every position with a deployment all while using one platform. Additionally, the software houses personal information for employees thus making it easier to notify someone of a schedule or shift change.

What do you dislike?

At some times, it gets easy to have "too many hands" in the cookie jar. There are ways to prevent and limit certain users from having administrative privileges, but, that also limits their ability to be productive. This is only a small downside that is very easy to get over/fix.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Very strongly consider this product! By far the easiest to use and most productive software for managing people!

It solves the problem that we used to face with not having proper visibility on our staff. From this software, you can view and make changes to anyone within your staff. Complete oversight! The biggest benefit that stems from this system is that we are now able to see a raw view of all of our open/needed coverage for our security deployment.

Staffing Coordinator

"Staffing made easy"

What do you like best?

I like that Shiftboard has the ability to cross reference staff's accounts across multiple sites so it won't let you staff someone if they are already booked with another company. I also really like the bulk change function, it makes changing events or multiple positions a breeze.

What do you dislike?

There really are not many cons about Shiftboard, but the one thing I dislike is the filebox. Once you upload a document to a specific team, it is very cumbersome to then copy the link and actually post it on the shift itself. I would really like to see, once you upload a file, a drop down box appear and you can click a shift assigned to that to team to upload the document.

The number one benefit we have seen is that we have been to reduce the number of double bookings and call outs. Every time we have a call our or no show to an event, we are charged a penalty fee by our clients. Staff now have the accessibility to review their full schedule on one screen which has drastically reduced the number of no shows.

Customer Service Experience Professional

"Shiftboard makes scheduling moderately easy!"

What do you like best?

Shiftboard is an extremely user friendly platform. It makes it easy to get online and grab hours for the week for those of you who are self-schedulers such as myself. Along with this, being able to trade away my hours the day of my shift without much issue is an absolutely brilliant option.

What do you dislike?

One thing I dislike about Shiftboard is how tedious it can be to schedule large shifts. If I'm scheduling for a ten hour day and the shifts are listed for half of an hour each, it can be rough to individually schedule twenty shifts for four days a week - that's 80 total selections, confirmations, and reservations.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Please, consider this product. If you're going to be using this product to schedule your employees, offer larger chunks of scheduling for the employees. While flexibility is great, ease of use is far more valuable. I'd without a doubt suggest using

Shiftboard makes it easy for me to schedule myself, which I appreciate! There's no set clock for it - if I forget, I can log in at 3:00 AM and take care of the next week. Without this, I'd be struggling to find my hours - however, with it, I jump on, take care of scheduling and jump off in under five minutes. Furthermore, the service offers an inter-employee trading platform, which further increases the ease of access for the employees using it and helps to keep shifts entirely covered!

Technology Development Manager
Non-Profit Organization Management

"Great product and company to work with. "

What do you like best?

The staff at Shiftboard have been very open and willing to work with me. They have assisted with customizing our implementation several times. Our coworkers can now see available shifts, sign up for shifts, view their training record and communicate with managers all in the same location.

What do you dislike?

I would like to be able to print out a full month view of the calendar with details. The team at shiftboard is actively working on this. Some of the processes need streamlining. I have a strong technical background so I understand the logic of their process, but my coworkers could benefit from an easier way. I have had discussions with the team at shiftboard and they are actively working on this as well.

Scheduling for a large agency and limiting overtime. Shiftboard has allowed me to more accurately schedule staff where needed. I can see where staff are scheduled for excessive OT and replace them with a staff who isn't earning OT.

"Let'a employees shedule hassle free"

What do you like best?

I really enjoy the freedom creating my own schedule and keeping track of shifts with Shiftboard. It also sends a confirmation email of shifts selected as well as reminder emails. There is also a feature under Account> Hours to select a date range and it will tell you how many hours you have scheduled. I also really like the built in Tradeboard for employees to exchange or transfer shifts between themselves.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that sometimes the reminder emails come super early like days in advance. It would be more practical for them to come possibly 3 days in advance and then again 24 hours before the start of your shift.

Employee scheduling and trading of shifts. It takes the scheduling responsibility out of managements hands and places it on the employee's shoulder saving both time and resources. Employees are held responsible for selecting the right number of hours to meet expectations

Shifts are released to be selected from in tier's based upon employee performance in several area's.

"Makes Scheduling A Breeze!"

What do you like best?

Shiftboard makes uploading schedules and scheduling staff 10x easier. As an administer, having everything in one place instead of having to use multiple spreadsheets have made my job that much easier and I have become more efficient with the way I staff. We have multiple accounts and clients across the country, so have a central system of keeping track of our events and staff have made a world of difference.

What do you dislike?

Custom reports are a bit tough to create at first. It is a lot of trial and error and there are some fields that are not reportable. Once I got the hang of creating them though, they are a very resourceful tool to use.

With so many different events occurring on any given day, we were having trouble keeping assigned staff committed to their work schedule, losing it, etc, which led to call outs. With Shiftboard, they have everything they need in the palm of their hands, whether on their computer or mobile device. We have definitely seen a reduced number of call outs or no shows.

"Shiftboard used daily"

What do you like best?

I have used shiftboard for almost 3 years and use it daily. Since I work remotely for work this allows me to see my schedule.

What do you dislike?

I didnt like that on the mobile app it was only in PST but now that was fixed and I can see the time in my time zone

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend using this tool versus a hard copy schedules as nowadays everyone owns a mobile device and can access their scheduling anytime.

I am able to see the shift I am working for the week and able I do not need to bother our department to help me find my shifts.

Paramedic 1 Technician
Hospital & Health Care

"Shiftboard Advantages"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that I can pick and choose a shift. This product also provides you with different types of teams. It includes your profile as well. Last, but not least, It provides you with available shifts. If you are thinking about using this product, please use it accordingly, it is worth the while.

What do you dislike?

My dislike consist of not being able to keep the schedule you have selected.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend any other businesses or organizations to use this product.

The business aspect that is being solved and beneficial because it balances the work flow. When it comes to an overflow of staff it is actually a helpful resource.

AF
(10,001+ employees)

"Helpful and easy to use and share."

What do you like best?

Its simple, easy to use and is straight to the point. I like, as an manager, I am able to login, check where my volunteers are at, and move on.

What do you dislike?

Not a nice design, kind of boring. I think I would enjoy it more if it had a better design. I maybe could get more volunteers too.

Shiftboard helps communicate the calendar and schedule in a way that allows the volunteers to take part in the communication.

AN

"What I like best about Shiftboard"

What do you like best?

When looking at our sites (teams in Shiftboard), there are various views you can use in order to see where you may have open shifts. Also, we are able to document call offs and other absences while then being able to pull up reports documenting those time.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes trying to navigate around to the different screens or areas can be confusing as there are some very similar reports or information that can be obtained.

We have eliminated our paper process of scheduling staff and are now aware of where we have open shifts/lines immediately. In the past, this was not always the case.

"Shiftboard is pretty nifty"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to use he shared calendar function, as it comes in handy when needing to see who will be working with you that day amongst your colleagues.

What do you dislike?

I find the interface to be a bit confusing until you have had someone explain how and where to locate things, as it seems a little jumbled and messy. I dislike that when I go to my account > myshifts > then select a shift to view schedule break times and etc. that I have to close the little window out and start all over rather than just jumping to another date.

A major benefit is being able to quickly and easily submit time off requests, see who is scheduled to work that day, scheduled break times for both myself and my colleagues, to ensure we work together to stagger our breaks and etc;. It is quite helpful.

Residential Program Director
Hospital & Health Care

"Shiftboard helps to schedule staff with ease!"

What do you like best?

I love that I can easily post multiple shifts at once and then let the system do the work for me. Shiftboard input takes only minutes and then staff can chose their own shifts. I can check it from my desktop or phone to ensure coverage. I love that I can send a broadcast to multiple staff at one to let them know when I am looking to cover an upcoming shift.

What do you dislike?

I would prefer to type in the time of a shift rather than to use a pull down menu.

posting/Filling multiple shifts at once

AI

"Best Online Scheduling "

What do you like best?

I like that its easy to use and the fact that you also can download the app and schedule anytime is grea.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see a running hours counter added to the calendar screen, that when your scheduling you can see in the top right or top left how many hours you have confirmed.

We are seeing that with Shiftboard our agents are able to be here on time and they also get the shifts they are wanting. We also do not have a need to hire a full time scheduler.

"Easy and fast"

What do you like best?

I love the different options available to look at and select shifts.

What do you dislike?

I wish I was able to print out the times in mt time zone (Central). It would also be nice to be able to print a schedule that would show starting and ending times for each block of shifts chosen.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is easy to use and fast to select shifts once you get the hang of it.

We are able to select the shifts that work for us weekly without issue.

"Great!"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to use and navigate.

What do you dislike?

That shifts cannot be unconfirmed by the person signing up for the shift.

It allows staff to take part in where the work and when. It also allows them to be held accountable for what they sign up for.

(5001-10,000 employees)

"Shiftboard is so easy to use!"

What do you like best?

Shiftboard makes it so convenient to see available shifts from my company. It is so easy to use. Ive never had a problem with it and I've been using Shiftboard for about 4 years now. I like how you can submit your timecard on it as well.

What do you dislike?

There really is nothing to write about that I dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I highly recommend using the Shiftboard sute for your employees. It is easy to use

Provides available shift schedule from different views. Weekly, monthly, etc.

Hairstylist
Cosmetics

"Easy to maneuver."

What do you like best?

The fact that all my jobs events are neatly organized and it's easy to sign up for an event

What do you dislike?

There's no way to look back on your scheduled days worked as well as hours

Recommendations to others considering the product:

None

It's convenient from my phone

UG

"Excellent volunteer recruitment, scheduling and communication software"

What do you like best?

I use shiftboard to schedule volunteering shifts at large scale events. It is a great tool for organizing shifts, recruiting volunteers and communicating with community members once they have signed up. They have excellent customer service, though I have rarely had issues. I have had a great experience as an operator of the program.

What do you dislike?

I think their user interface is sometimes challenging - I get a lot of emails/calls from community members asking questions about how to see the calendar, how to join teams etc. Perhaps not the most user friendly for volunteers/staff.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Utilize their customer service tools - the are very responsive and helpful.

volunteer recruitment, scheduling and communication.

"Volunteer Manager for Heartland Film"

What do you like best?

Ability to create and manage volunteer committees and schedules for the ten day run of the festival; also tracking hours and emailing to individuals, committees and on occasion to all.

What do you dislike?

I would like the color of the characters to be darker as the gray is hard to read against a white background. I would like the time accrued through the Time Card feature to be reflected in an individuals Total Hours on their profile page.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Dive deep and learn all of the features and functions. Call for help whenever you need assistance. I found the Shiftboard team quite helpful.

It's a great medium to communicate with your entire volunteer force in one email.

Relief Staff
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

"Great program! "

What do you like best?

It's effortless to pick up shifts through this program.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing that I dislike! All the features work great.

Covering shifts is a breeze when you can post it and have the entire staff see it. It's great!

"Using shift board is easy"

What do you like best?

Shiftboard is extremely easy to use. I use it for signing up for my volunteer times at the DPAC.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that I don't like is that when I sign in it doesn't automatically open up to the calendar. Otherwise it is fantastic.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It would be great if the calendar schedule would come up automatically, if desired, upon signing in.

Shiftboard allows me to pick up the shifts that I want more easily.

AH

"Fast. Simple. Effective!"

What do you like best?

Using Shift board is a great way to quickly reach a large number of skilled professionals, in a quick manner.

What do you dislike?

The email settings can be tricky to use. Maybe come up with a way to manage them in a more personalized manner for users of different levels.

Businesses can benefit from using Shift board by keeping track of schedules on a daily, weekly or monthly basis.

"Shiftboard makes volunteering easy"

What do you like best?

I love the ease of being able to sign up or cancel my shifts. Also my information is right there that I can refer to any time. I can check what time I need to be there, what my position is, who I’m working with etc.

What do you dislike?

I can’t think of anything I dislike. It’s so easy.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do it! You won’t regret it

I am not the business Leader but I would think it must save them tons of time from doing it the old way. They can look at a glance and see if their positions are coveredd

UW

"Good for scheduling"

What do you like best?

my company has used Shiftboard throughout a variety of incarnations in the way we manage schedules, including for both voluntary shift-sign up and assigned schedules. We also use it to manage Paid Time Off requests. I've found it to be easy to use an fairly intuitive.

What do you dislike?

Some parts of the user interface can be a little clunky, and I look forward to it improving.

I work for a company with 24/7 scheduling needs, and this product makes it easy to see who's working when and ensure coverage across the board.

CCCC Continuing Ed. Administrative Assistant
Higher Education

"Top Notch!"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, many options available. I have used many similar sites and this one is the most user friendly.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I particularly dislike with this site. Keep up the good work!

Ian Nita business owner, just a user. However, I would recommend Shiftboard to a business owner should the question arise.

AD

"Unable to reach a reasonable compromise "

What do you like best?

This program "might" work if you have a strictly shift based schedule.

What do you dislike?

Does not work well with companies that are project based. Cannot delete shifts easily. Training department often does not respond to questions. When we asked for a refund they refused. We even offered to pay for half the year (even though we only used the program for 3 weeks) and they still refused. They made us pay for the entire year for a company of over 50 people.

We were not able to solve any problems with Shiftboard.

Residential Counselor
Mental Health Care

"Shiftboard Review"

What do you like best?

I love seeing all the available shifts at once and the ease of signing up for shifts.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any issues with shiftboard other than not being able to take overtime shifts myself. But that is a work policy & not shiftboard.

I can fill open days with work easily.

Owner
(Myself Only)

"Too many steps to claim shifts"

What do you like best?

I like that the schedule is easy to read.

What do you dislike?

Too many notifications and too many steps to claim a shift.

It's just a way to schedule my hours.

"Sr. Operations Officer"

What do you like best?

The interactive mobile phone accessibility functions

What do you dislike?

The notifications and other aspects of contact/communications for Team Managers is limited for daily operations. This has to do with the single or primary Contact data links. We need more flexibility to just choose multiple leaders to receive messaging from employees. For example, we have Leads, Supervisors, Coordinators and Manager. All are involved in some respect with shift management and approvals.

Typical shift management.

"Shiftboard allows you to know where you need to be"

What do you like best?

That it is easy to get on and do my business

What do you dislike?

Had trouble with it when I replaced my phone, my settings on my account disappeared and had to re-enter my availabilty.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great and easy to use.

Time keeping, availability.

AI

"I like Shiftboard "

What do you like best?

I like that we can set up different shifts for different crews.

What do you dislike?

I wish we could join the shifts into one place when people can pick from more then one.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take you time setting up and watch videos to learn.

Flexible shifts

"Shiftboard review "

What do you like best?

I find shiftboard quite user friendly for scheduling ushering slots.

What do you dislike?

There really isn't anything that hasn't worked so far.

It helps ushers find slots at Harvard musical events that are being performed at Sanders Theatre.

Brand Ambassador

"Registration clerkl."

What do you like best?

That you can be flexible and you get to choose which position you want to work

What do you dislike?

That sometimes when jobs are posted you can't apply if you are not near a computer

None