PractiTest Reviews & Product Details

What is PractiTest?

PractiTest is an end-to-end QA and Test management solution, designed to help users control the testing and development process, focusing on how to manage projects and its information, and how to communicate the outcomes of testing to everyone in the organization. Integrations are available with all the leading bug tracking, automation and CI tools.

PractiTest Screenshots

1-50 of 73 total PractiTest reviews

PractiTest Reviews

1-50 of 73 total PractiTest reviews
Mr

"Practitest offers the most efficient and practical, one-stop shop testing experience "

What do you like best?

I like that you are able to create as well as assign multiple test sets for multiple users with different device types and view an overview of the overall test as well as individual test results. I also like the ability to view at a glance how many, and which steps failed using the Steps Graph and Steps Status bar which usually means you won't need to open up each individual test instance to see this information. With Practitest, it is possible to run test cases more than once, and easily view when the test case was run as well as how the results changed. If running tests over a long period of time, a user can see a history of when the previous test was done and how the results have changed. This goes down to the level of individual test instances which is very cool.

One other thing I really like about Practitest is the ability to filter the test instances based on a variety of criteria, e.g. the run status, component, results and so on. I also like the ability to choose how many instances I can view on a page which makes it easy to work at my own pace, easily progress through the tests and not view too overwhelmed by seeing a large number of instances I still have not run. It's also very simple to add results for the test runs as there are multiple action buttons with clear and descriptive names

What do you dislike?

I do not like having being returned to the first page of the test instances screen when I click on the "Test Set" link while on a test instance page. This usually happens when there is a large number of instances such that there is more than a few pages if say you are viewing 20 test instances at a time. I also do not like having to scroll back to the top in order to view the column titles on the test instances table if there are multiple test instances. It would be really handy if the row with the titles was made sticky at the top so that when scrolling down, the column titles still remain visible. At some point, there was an issue where the time taken to complete the test instance did not appear or update correctly but I have not seen this recently.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Practitest is the best, most intuitive test suite solution that I have ever come across in my time as a tester

Before Practitest, we used to do test cases using MS Excel spreadsheets which meant that there would be a large file with hundreds and hundreds of rows. This was quite tedious working through the test cases since there were no obvious ways to filter what test cases to view in order to complete the tests on a component by component basis. It was also very time consuming since you would only have the test case titles and then you would need to look up the test URLs on another platform. With Practitest, all the information you need is stored in the same place. So you are able to view the test URLs, any notes and relevant screenshots, attachments etc which is quite a huge time saver. It is also possible to easily see which tests you may have missed, to view the progress and results in just a few clicks without needing to create complex formulas to view such data

QA Team Leader

"It is simple and easy to use. "

What do you like best?

Below are features I like most:

> Custom filters can be applied for searching issues as well as test sets.

> Search can be done using test set or issue numbers as well as keywords.

> Filter exports can be pulled in excel format.

> It is easy to track number of rounds involved during execution of a project.

> Different options are available for test case execution i.e. Pass/Fail/Block.

> ET test sets were introduced and can be used for some exclusive product testing.

What do you dislike?

Below are features which can be improved:

> Sometimes search using keywords do not give all the results. It does not show a few options.

> While doing keyword search, I cannot increase the page size. If I try and increase the page size, it shows no result and then I'll have to search again.

> I need to use the HTML code to highlight the text in issue box. Color options are no longer available.

> Multiple attachments cannot be done in one go.

> If I add a link in test set, there is no way to export the links added in each test set. I'll have to manually open the test set and then open the links.

> Cannot tag people in comments.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is simple to track projects in this tool. Also, it has export functionality available which helps to create reports.

With export functionality, we compare the data on monthly basis.

It makes it easier to manage projects and keep track of issues.

It shows the status of project clearly.

QA Manager

"PractiTest: A user friendly Test Case, projects and defect management tool."

What do you like best?

Practitest is very easy to use. You can manage your projects, test cases, test plans, Test Sets, status and log/track issues in a very organised and sorted manner. There is a functionality to apply robust filters easily to manage and analyse the data better. Functionality to extract data in the form of excel file is very useful for reporting. Also multiple environments functionality to manage projects is useful. Being a QA Manager it helps me cretae test cases, manage issues, keep records, track performance and exports data for reporting.

What do you dislike?

Help center can sometimes take a little while to get back to you. Sometimes they respond very quickly, but sometimes they might take over an hour to get back.

Multiple attachments can not be added at once. It needs to be done one by one, which is a little time consuming process.

Color coding of words within issues that are raised can not done without adding html text around it. A couple of years back there was this functionality where we could color code words in the description of the issues by just selecting and choosing a color from the color box option. That changed down the line and now we have to add an html code to implement color which again is a little time consuming.

We cannot tag anyone in comments section.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend this tool to someone who needs to manage a plethora of projects on daily basis as PractiTest makes life simpler to manage that.

PractiTest helps me manage projects, test cases and issues efficiently. Being a Manager it also helps pull out records, making reports, manage KPIs and performance.

Quality Assurance Analyst

"Practitest is very simple and easy to track tool"

What do you like best?

The step wise passing of steps is very useful as using practitest along with our testing doesn't let us miss any step and this feature also helps us to exactly track the area where a defect is found as we Fail that section. So, this is very helpful even for tracking something that was built years ago.

What do you dislike?

I have a point which I dislike the most, that is - Adding attachments one by one. We cannot add multiple attachments at a single click. We have to select the file one by one and upload it. That is a point which I fell can be improved. This feature is also somewhat useful as when we have to upload the attachment and that is being done one by one, it let us smoke test again whether we are uploading the right documents or not. So, this feature stands out in both places.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

For all the companies and users who are in the field of Quality Testing, I would definitely recommend this product as this product is very beneficial to track the testing steps. It is used as for steps that we have covered and that are fine, we mark it as pass and for the steps where we have found some issue or are wrongly implemented we can mark them as Fail or either Block.

I am a Quality Assurance Analyst and I use Practitest to QA the assessment report that are generated electronically for the multiple candidates. I also test the Tests that are build and log all the defects on Practitest side by side.

Quality Assurance Analyst

"Practitest the near perfect defect management tool"

What do you like best?

It is an all-in-one productivity tool for automating repetitive processes, from software functional testing to business verification. Users can build and execute test cases log defects and categorize them according to their needs.

The most important thing which practices provide is the filter option, I can easily track the tasks which have been completed, assigned or are pending by creating customised filters. These filters also help me to navigate through my team's tasks.

What do you dislike?

The only thing which I feel most of the users will agree is, that we can not add multiple attachments at the same time. We are only able to add attachments one by one.

I am not able to modify my text with colors and fonts without the HTML coding, If I need to add tables then I would have to learn how to code HTML table and then insert it. There should be an option to make our text visually more appealing to the developers or other testers.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Go for this tool if you are new to designing test cases, this is easy to understand and even easier to implement.

Would rate this tool 9/10 on any day.

I am able to track a whole lot of projects without any fuss.

Record bugs easily, and track them based on desired criteria. Create custom views for my issue tracking so as to focus on bugs that are the most time sensitive.

See how many bugs have been logged, if they've been resolved.

Coordinator of Enforcement - Legal department
Music

"Advanced features, great methodological and technical support"

What do you like best?

1. Visibility Visibility Visibility!!! The dashboard is amazing. I can create new tabs for my personal use and use fields and filters for the data. We use also the external dashboards and it really helps us all be aligned (we have it right in-front of the VP's office so it also makes a good impression :) )

2. Data organization - It has some cool inherent features (like filter trees, hierarchical search, different customization options) that help me understand my progress better and I can also say that I work more efficiently.

3. Exploratory testing! we didn't know it existed until a few months ago and it is really great and intuitive (once you know it's there...).

Reports are becoming better - it has a new feature of scheduled reports. I use it for some reports I need to submit. its also nice to edit and re-run the report.

4. The support is unbelievably fast and professional. I never received such quick and "to the point" answers. I talked to one of their representatives with an issue I had that was apparently not easy to solve and she followed up on me a few times to make sure I am satisfied.

What do you dislike?

1. It's really hard to find features. they have some really useful things (like exploratory testing) that we missed.

2. The Jira integration is good in comparison to other tools I've used in my past (It's a 2 way integration which is pretty unique), but I am missing some features that I really hope their team will add.

3. Would be nice if we could add screen shots to the report. I don't really feel the need but a few of my colleagues were complaining on that.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Get this product. At first you might think it's "just another product" but from my experience you can really benefit from it

1. The visibility I mentioned before improved the team's communication. We are all aligned.

2. Our value as a team in the company increased. I think it's because of the external dashboard but also because we actually work better. Even the developers started understanding us :)

3. The fact we can orgenise the data in different ways enables us to manage huge load of data in a simpler way than before.

4. We don't need to waste time on solving issues and understanding stuff. Their support is so reachable and quick that we barely wait with a question we (or our boss) have.

Response from Omri Berkovich of PractiTest

Dear Avi,

Thank you so much for your review and your kind words!

We were delighted to hear about your good experiences with the system and its functionalities.

Since October 2018, we started creating monthly release notes and updates regarding the changes we have made in the past month. Every month, you will get an in-app message regarding the updates with a link to the updates page that includes detailed information.

Regarding the integration with Jira, we have recently made some improvements to the integration, and we are working on further improving it.

Regarding screenshots on reports, we already have a ticket on that option on our user requests platform, please add your vote here: https://practitest.uservoice.com/forums/27423-general/suggestions/18475123-include-pictures-attachments-in-reports

When a request has a high demand, we are working on implementing it.

Again, thanks for taking your time and writing this review, it means a great deal for us.

Junior QA Tester
Financial Services
(10,001+ employees)

"Simple and easy to use"

What do you like best?

My favorite thing about practitest is the sleek and minimal design that it has. It makes it very easy to use and stores all of my test cases and suites with ease, The folder design is nice and easy to use and you can set permissions so that certian people on your team can do or see certain things.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the way test suites are set up. When you go back to the suite, it is hard to find an order for things. Nothing is in an order that makes sense to me and I don't like how the comments on the test sets work.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's nice for the price!

Not necessarily problems but it is a good way to hold all of our test cases and to look back at what has passed or failed in the past. In order to keep people responsible for what they have tested in the past, this is utilized quite often.

"Practitest Review"

What do you like best?

Practitest provides a complete solution to manage a project. I can easily find out the linked issues or testsets or any information that is required in future.

test cases can be divided in steps and also by documents.

Different test cases can be added to a testset, so there is no compulsion like a particular testcase will be used only for one type of project.

the status is easily visible through the graph.

You can easily update the testcases.

There are various filters available to search the issues for a particular;ar project id.

Search also provides a lot of categories basis on which the search result can be filtered out for easy review.

various types of reports are available on practitest which helps in reviewing the performance.

You can easily identify if there is any issue pending for a project.

there are options like sent back and sent by local PS which helps tracking the issues.

One can write testcases on excel sheet and can easily upload the testcases.

Uploading the documents do not take much time.

What do you dislike?

The testcases backup is saved in Excel format. this reduces the readability of the test cases saved and it is very difficult to reanalyze them.

some times changes are not saved and all the information is lost while creating issues.

For the formatting purpose one should know HTML tags or else there are no already available options.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Practitest is a great solution to manage the projects.

I am able to easily manage my projects.

Quality Assurance Analyst

"Tracking of data made easy."

What do you like best?

I am into software testing and with practice the reporting of bugs and planning of projects became easy. So for the tracking purpose it is the best platform. For example: If in case some person has left the organisation on the spot and there is no other places where the documents are. One can easy access the older documents without that person.

What do you dislike?

Online assistant should be there to provide training. Also, at few times when we save the data it doesnot gets saved and the test case remains as not completed. I have seen this many times. So what i do is I have to refresh the page and re-save it ti keep the test case updated. So this is an issue appearing. Please have a look into this.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is the best platform to track the and plan your projects. So to keep the things on track and if anyone needs to re visits the old projects then the person can easily view it. Project managers, Developers and testers can easily communicate with this by keeping track on things. List of bugs can be found easily. So I would recommend all the other people as well to use this.

It helped me to plan my things more effectively and track bugs. Also, I can easily search any project details no matter how old it is. It saves time by maintaining the data. It is user friendly and easy way to keep all the data updated. So I wound recommend the other persons as well to use this.

Quality Assurance Analyst

"User friendly tool thats supports multiple task"

What do you like best?

The application is easy to use and interactive. One can easily understand it even without the help of the manual. The option and menu bar listed are easy to understand. It provides various options to keep track of test sets and issues. Fields within options are numerous and it is really helpful to keep track of the test sets and the projects. It is also linked to email through which we can get notified whenever there is some change in our own test set or issue or when some new project is assigned to us.

What do you dislike?

1) It is not possible to upload heavy files in the application.

2) Multiple documents cannot be uploaded at the same time.

3) While logging an issue, it is not possible to clone it order to create a similar issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would like to recommend this product due to the below reasons:

1) Easy to use

2) Very interactive

3) Provide options of creating our specific projects like my projects, my issues

4)Shows graphical representation of all the data which is really helpful in keeping track

5)Synchronization with emails

Test sets and issues can be easily organised with the help of this application. I can keep track of my own sets and bugs by creating fields for myself. It also shows the overall distribution of all the data present in it. We can easily write our own test set and customized them for better understanding. This tool is helpful in keeping a track of a large amount of data related to projects.

Software QA Engineer/Manager

"OVERALL : Trace-ability/Regression"

What do you like best?

1) Navigation/Layout/Flow

2) User friendly-less

3) Easy to Use

4) Summary Home page to track via Higher Level per projects the statuses (passed/failed) and how the project is growing [giving feedback to managers etc.]

5) Flexible [Customization options]

6) Setting up the users per project

What do you dislike?

1) Difficult to link dependencies/related issues to the test library/test set specially when working with GitLab integration etc.

2) If using a Third Party software like GitLab to track error logs/bugs/failurs, not easy to link your test to the third party [integrating with software] the #request_number for trace-ability and regression purposes.

3) Would help if in the step there is an extra step to show the flow/navigation >> also help if a developer is looking at a specific test that failed.

4) Not sure how to implement Automation Testing with PractiTest and building for future an object repositry (similar to HP Quick Test Profession vs Quality Centre).

5) Would be nice to have something more visible when showing via a screen shot/screen recorder what failed where/when. Currently need to attach/download file in order to view.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

1) Easy to Use

2) Reliable

Benefits:

1) In one consolidated place [everyone can access and make use of the tests setup per project.

2) Reliable [when last used/updated/maintained]

Business Problems solved:

1) Due to effectiveness/reliable and 1 consolidated place - no one have issue to access projects/test cases/test plans or update test cases/plans etc.

Response from Omri Berkovich of PractiTest

Hi Monica,

First of all, thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback dearly.

We are constantly trying to improve our system, therefore it is important for us to go through the things that you disliked about it, and try and improve them.

1-2) We were sorry to hear that your experience with PractiTest - Gitlab integration was not the best. We wanted to ask if you tried to work with the traceability tab and our 'Link Existing Issue' feature in order to link related issues to test cases and test sets?

3) Can you please try to clarify what exactly do you mean by the flow/navigation step?

4) Regarding API implementation, PractiTest offers integrations with almost any automated testing tool via our REST API. In addition, we have an internal automation solution (xBot), that can execute automated test scripts.

5) By 'something more visible' did you mean a built in step recording option that can live record the test step execution?

Again, you feedback was very important for us and we thank you for taking the time to write it. We would love to hear any other suggestions you might have for improving our system. If you want, we can schedule a short web session in which we can try and clarify all that was discussed here.

"Practitest has helped streamline our QA Process."

What do you like best?

I like that practitest offers an integration with jira, which is where the majority of my company's work takes place. It is easy to create tests and test sets with minimal training so new hires can jump right in to using the software.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see something done with the "no run" option. Currently, when selecting "no run" for an instance, it will still show that test as incomplete. Sometimes, a test is applicable (so selecting n/a isn't fitting), but there are other circumstances that create the need to not run that particular test. I would also like them to revert back to the "print" button automatically creating a PDF when it is selected. I don't like that it automatically opens a print preview now. It's an unnecessary step.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend using filters to organize your test sets and test library. This allows you to place them in multiple sections.

Using practitest has allowed us to expand our QA department and easily onboard new hires. It offers an organized and easy to follow platform to house our testing procedures. It allows us to create more detailed testing results that show the clients exactly what was tested during each review.

Test Manager
Hospital & Health Care
(10,001+ employees)

"17 years of experience in testing and test management "

What do you like best?

- Project Dasboard and the way a TestSet tells you at a glance how many test cases have passed/failed or not run

What do you dislike?

I'd like some ismpovements made to the Reporting module

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You will find no other test management tool that is so easy to use, run, so affordable and which has a Support Team that is in the league of their own i.e. PractiTest Support Team.

There is so much to love and appreciate about PractiTest, once you buy it you'll never look back!

- PractiTest enabled us to successfully manage UAT that is happening concurrently in different parts of the country

- After we've introduced and started using PractiTest, everyne takes testing seriously and regards it as something well worth investing time & money into

Response from Omri Berkovich of PractiTest

Dear Emina,

Thank you so much for your review and kind words, we highly appreciate it!

Feedbacks are crucial for us as we are constantly working on improving the system based on requests we get from our users. We were pleased to hear of the good experience you are having with our dashboards and with our support team. We recently released our new Reports Engine module that includes new and more advanced options. If you think there is still room for improvements, please let us know.

Again, thanks for taking your time to write this review, we were delighted to read it.

(10,001+ employees)

"User friendly tool and team"

What do you like best?

I really like the filtering option rather than the legacy folders option. PractiTest makes so much easier in my regression testing. It has been a month that I started using PractiTest. The tool is Amazing. You can integrate it with other tools like Jira, Slack etc I This is a very useful tool for testers, project managers, test managers, senior managers etc. and also you can view your test in different perspectives too

What do you dislike?

The only thing you need to care is when you delete something. Practitest doesn’t have a backup facility. Therefore, think twice when you delete something. They do warning before you delete but I prefer backup facility too.

UAT and regression testing. Supporting team is very friendly and knowledgeable. Whenever I get doubt there are happy to help straight away. they are always online. We can share our screen shoots etc to explain the question properly which some of the tools are lack of.

Copywriter
Real Estate

"Evaluating PractiTest for Purchase"

What do you like best?

I love the filter hierarchy. At first I thought it didn't make sense and wanted to stick with a folder tree, but once I watched the tutorial video they had explaining it, it seemed perfect.

What do you dislike?

The test creation page is very robust, but almost seems too much so. I prefer a simpler, cleaner design when writing test cases that I can speed through steps quickly.

PractiTest's dashboard will help us immensely with gathering metrics for our clients. After testing it out and putting components together, we'll be able to see numbers at a glance that previously took us hours and hours to calculate.

QA Lead

"PractiTest has made our test management and reporting easier "

What do you like best?

It is easy to manintain the test cases since we use PractiTest. It allows several QA Engineers to work on same set of test cases without any issues. After each cycle it is possible to generate reports and see the test execution and successfulness of the cycle. There is an amazing support team in PractiTest to solve any issues encountered. Since it is possible to integration with Jira issue tracking system it is very useful.

What do you dislike?

I want PractiTest to improve on the size of one Column which is the test instance name while running test sets to easily read the testcase. When running test cases suddenly receiving executed test cases as well. Also when search by component and run the order of running test cases is not correct as suddenly receiving some other components

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great tool for test case management and reporting test results

I have solved several report issues with PractiTest and support I get from the team is amazing. Also solving an issue with integration with Jira

Response from Omri Berkovich of PractiTest

Hi Thamini,

First of all, thanks a lot for your review and your feedbacks, we really appreciate it. We are constantly working on improving our system and therefore feedbacks are very important for us.

We wanted to inform you that we worked on adjusting the size of the 'Test Instances Name' column and it is now larger.

We apologize for the inconvenience you are experiencing with running test cases and searching by components. With that said, we didn't completely understood your comments regarding the executed test cases and search by component, and we would be happy if you can try and clarify it for us. As said, it is very important for us to understand the difficulties that our users are experiencing in order to improve. We would be happy to schedule a short web session in which you could walk us through those points.

Thanks again for your feedback.

Senior Manager

"Simple, user friendly and effective."

What do you like best?

Practitest is very easy to setup and use. I find the tool user-friendly and intuitive. The reporting and dashboards are very easy to setup and helped with real-time tracking of the test progress and issues.

What do you dislike?

The one thing I didn't like was the inability to export the Test Case results directly from the test lab module to Excel. I know we can export to Excel from the settings but a direct copy paste of the execution results in tabular form to Excel could be very helpful.

The dashboard did provide good useful reports but would have liked more if it could have been more customizable.

Along with adding custom fields to different modules the ability to add additional logic could be very helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would definitely recommend Practitest to other users. I had evaluated this product along with others in the market and had selected for my client then. From cost, support and tool feature perspective this is a very useful and effective tool to help with Test Management processes.

- Test Management process

- Real-time reporting and dashboards; External links to Reporting that can be sent to Program and Executives.

- Defect tracking

- Since it's cloud-based, no HW maintenance and cost to the company

Response from Omri Berkovich of PractiTest

Dear Raj,

Thank you for your review, we highly appreciate it. Feedbacks are very important for us as we are constantly trying to improve the system based on them. We were really happy to hear you find the system easy to use and intuitive. Also, we enjoyed hearing of the good experience you have had with our reports and dashboards options. We have recently released our new Report Engine Module that includes more advanced options for reporting. We do have a plan for improving our dashboards as well and add more functionality for our dashboard graphs.

Again, thanks a lot for taking your time and writing this review, it means a lot.

QA Analyst

"Integration with other apps makes the PractiTest amazing"

What do you like best?

Integration with other apps making testing more viewable by other team members that are using Jira or Slack, for example.

What do you dislike?

A few of the settings were hidden behind numerous clicks. A few features are automatically on which can't be set at the start and require asking someone to figure out how to turn it off.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The ease of access and set up to use for testing purposes is well done. I learnt it within 2-3 weeks after looking around for test management tools.

Test suite and regression testing for our software.

"Practitest review"

What do you like best?

Graphical reporting is very useful. Reporting of testing is almost instantaneous with the customisable dashboards.

Integration with automation test results through the API is also very useful.

Jira integration seamless after you set it up.

Easy to clone test sets and re-run.

What do you dislike?

Have to create test cases from requirements manually, one at a time. Should be an option to clone all requirements into test cases and link them.

It is not as simple as it should be to add a new user to the account and then assign them to a project.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Good option to try, possibly will meet your requirements.

The support team is very good, will answer questions quickly. All downtime is communicated.

Easy to set up extra users and can specify roles which are charged at different rates. You only pay for the number of users you really need.

Agile testing is made easier. Test plans and test execution very simple. Traceability of test cases to requirements and test runs is also very useful as it shows a clear picture of everything.

Response from Omri Berkovich of PractiTest

Dear PractiTest User,

Thank you very much for your review. Feedbacks are crucial for us and we take them very seriously because we are constantly trying to improve the system based on users' requests. We were pleased to hear about your experiences with the reporting and dashboard options as well as the automation and Jira integration options, the cloning and execution of test sets and traceability between entities.

Regarding the batch linking of requirements to test cases, we have a similar request in our user requests platform and you can add your vote to that here: https://practitest.uservoice.com/forums/27423-general/suggestions/32238676-traceability-into-batch-edit#comments

Again, thanks a lot for taking your time to write this review, we highly appreciate it.

Omri

"PractiTest Test management tool ideal for Agile projects"

What do you like best?

Filters, fast UI and Online Chat support which is great / perfect for people who are new to the tool as this would help them transition, I wish all the test management tools had this feature.

When compared to other tools that I have used in the past 15 years I would say the license cost is very competitive and no annual contracts.

What do you dislike?

They have API's to perform some basic operations would be perfect if they can provide more API services for Testing activities like creating Filter Views / Folders.

Two way integration with JIRA currently exists where we can create new defects from PractiTest, would be great if they can extend this for even editing the defects rather than going to JIRA to update the status.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Please provide more API and Swagger documentation for all your existing API's for end users to consume them.

Reports and Dashboard which can be shared with the project stakeholders

Response from Omri Berkovich of PractiTest

Dear PractiTest User,

Thank you very much for your review. Feedbacks are crucial for us as we are constantly trying to improve the system based on them. We were happy to hear of the good experience you are having with our chat support as well as the UI and our smart filters system. We are working on improving our integration with Jira and already released some improvements for the integration. Regarding the API options, we also have plans for increasing the options for API operations.

Again, thanks for taking your time and writing this review, it means a lot for us.

E

"Pretty happy with this cloud solution at the price-point"

What do you like best?

The ability to organize test case library into folders for a default storage location, and then use filters to create more complex, specialized views of cases. This is very helpful when creating large volumes of test cases in the library that will turned into test suites later. Or referred back to.

What do you dislike?

User management not really existing at the Account level, requiring bulk adds to projects. Preferable to have groups to control access and allow adding the user to groups to handle access control.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Setup a master project as a template, then clone it when a new project is needed. This allows all project field customization and user assignments to be consistent across projects spawned from the "template" project.

SQA test case management in a simple, cloud-based solution. Also managing test runs. We use other tools for requirements (AHA!) and tasks/bugs (JIRA), so those components are not leveraged by us. Major benefit is tool easily accessible to team members whether working from home, remote location, or other office locations.

This is much more useful and powerful than using spreadsheets, JIRA cases, or Zephyr for JIRA. Mostly due to the ability to organize large volumes of test case and easily drill into test run data from dashboard.

Response from Omri Berkovich of PractiTest

Dear PractiTest User,

We thank you for writing this review. Feedbacks are very important for us as we are constantly trying to improve our system based on them.

We were happy to see you are enjoying the organizational options for test cases the system offers. Apologies for your bad experience with the available options for user management, we would love to hear more about your idea for access control groups. Please feel free to contact us at any point.

Again, thanks a lot for taking the time and writing this feedback.

Owner
Education Management

"Not very user friendly"

What do you like best?

There seems to be a lot you can test on. Nice to be able to place names of who is to take the test and on and by what dates. Everything saves into different folders. You can import pictures to go along with the questions, which is nice.

What do you dislike?

I find it not very user friendly to set up and get started. Hard to integrate questions, though you can include pics and other files into the questions.. I have found other products to be more user friendly in setting up exams

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want to have detailed questions , this is for you. If you just want a simple question answer then I would find something else.

I mostly use this to set homework practice tests for my students. Extra credit and just for practicing.

Crowd Testing Delivery Manager

"Great product!"

What do you like best?

You can configure it to work perfectly with Jira and it allows you to manage testing as you like. You can always add more fields and the filters really help to follow what is happening.

What do you dislike?

nothing honestly, every time I had a challenge - I contact the team with the chat or by Email and they sorted all my problems.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a really good tool with a great costumer service.

Test management - creating test and allowing running test sets really easily. Dashboard to show progress of testing and allow clarity with the client on testing status.

Response from Omri Berkovich of PractiTest

Hello Hava,

We thank you dearly for your wonderful review. It is a pleasure for us to hear of good experiences of users with the system. We were happy to hear that you liked the integration between PractiTest and Jira as well as the customization options.

Thanks again for taking your time to write this review, we highly appreciate it.

I
(10,001+ employees)

"Nice software for test tracking"

What do you like best?

easy to set up and to integrate in the company workflow.

Everyone understood quite quickly the importance of having a software that helps you to keep track of time spent for the testing.

Customer love to see the reports we generate for them and it generate a common knowledge for discussion on budget review.

What do you dislike?

Not the best user interface, it's very simple and old style. Some users have some issue in finding things. Filters are a bit complicated to set up by not administrative users.

It's not clear when things are automatically saved or when you have to press the "Save" button.

Comments are in plain text, it would be good to have a WYSIWYG editor.

Some things like "remember me" checkbox during login are not working, users would get a good benefit from small things like this.

Email should arrive grouped and not event by event.

A bit pricy.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

consider to do a good training to user that are not IT skilled

With Practitest implementation, we finally tracked the time our company is investing on testing, having a weekly report for customers and company management. We are expanding the usage of the software to also other teams as our team was a pilot.

With Practitest we also helped the end user to keep track of the quality of what has been developed from a third party supplier, creating a nice budget review on forecasted vs actual.

"EXPERIENCE IN USING PRACTI TEST"

What do you like best?

I like the way Practi test works as it helps us in creating the test sets and raise issues for the developers. It has been a great experience in using Practi test. this helps in raising issues of the product in which we have also other options of raising issues. This helps in measuring the performance of the developer and also the quality of product through the various options available.

What do you dislike?

there is as such nothing that I don't like about the practi test. It is very good and awesome to use practi test.There are some ways we can improve its efficiency and also increase its working. The pricing is also very good and it differs as per the requirement and usage. There are some ways for example we can improve this. for example we can raise a feature where we can find the tracibility matrix. so we can also improve this more. Otherwise there is nothing from my side as it is really very good and useful for all the people i.e qa and tester.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is really nice to mange work and help the QA and tester to work with full efficiency on the quality of work.

I am fixing the issues that qa raise and then solving those issues and changing there status and practi test. Adding comment uploading documents on issues. Reviewing the test cases and checking the number of issues rasied. The sent back option allows us to review that how many issues were being sent back to the tech team to review them again and fix them properly.

QA Engineer
Research

"Great tool for the test management "

What do you like best?

* Intuitive and easy to use (you will find it very user-friendly and no installation are required from your side)

* Traceability between all modules (it is very important always to see linkage between entities)

* Advanced REST API that allow to develop integrations with various platforms

* Great integration solutions with bug tracking tools as JIRA, Pivotal Tracker, Bugzilla and many others

* Customizable fields and filters

* Reporting and Dashboards (we can generate metrics that display various characteristics of our manual and automated testing )

* Webinars, conferences and other activities PractiTest provides to customers where you can always learn something new and useful that can improve your testing skills

What do you dislike?

In general this product meets all the needs we currently have, but in addition would be great to have ability to sort exported data and rich formatting for more fields.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

According to my experience can say that PractiTest can become a good match for a middle-sized company looking for a tool that can help to organize and control testing process.

Do not hesitate to contact their support if you have any questions, they are always available.

PractiTest gives a great opportunity to control our entire testing process properly.

Nowadays we can not realize our work without PractiTest as our main test management tool.

The main benefit we realized is ability to manage our manual and automated testing together by using one tool only.

Response from Omri Berkovich of PractiTest

Hello Amy,

Thank you very much for your lovely review. We really appreciate users' feedbacks as we are making improvements on the system based on requests we get. We were genuinely pleased to hear of the good experience you have with PracitTest for managing and controlling your testing process. We will be very happy to hear specific points for improvements in sorting exported data and rich formatting.

Thanks again for taking the time to write this review!

Kind Regards,

Omri

"Overall a great product"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use for test case update pushes to library during a test run when needed. Linking between requirements, test library and test runs is good. Pie chart to show realtime updates is good.

What do you dislike?

Communication when Production upgrades are happening is not good. Still cleaning up some mess when markdown text was pushed for SQL statements impacted. Auto-sizing in step, expected and actual is really slow to respond sometimes while it's catching up to size and so I find myself using Notepad to get things the way that I want it to be and then pasting into PractiTest.

Recording testing of features and defect fixes for our product. Improved reporting helps me to more easily reconcile where we stand and what's left. It's easier to document and illustrate coverage with PractiTest.

Response from Omri Berkovich of PractiTest

Dear PractiTest User,

Thank you very much for your review. Feedbacks are crucial for us as we are constantly trying to improve the system based on them. We were pleased to hear of the good experience you are having with the traceability between the different modules as well as the 'update original test' option from a test run. Since October 2018, we started releasing monthly updates regarding changes we are making in the system. From this moment forward, you will get a monthly in-app message with a link to our updates page where you will be able to learn about the changes made in the past month. Regarding the auto-sizing in steps, we will be happy if you could try and elaborate.

Again, thanks for taking your time to write this review, we highly appreciate it.

AH

"The best test case management tool around"

What do you like best?

Having a center repository for our QA team where tests can be executed and maintained has opened up new opportunity to create and provide reporting to highlight the health of development projects.

What do you dislike?

While API interfaces exist for some applications, I would like to see the list of supported interfaces expanded.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Work with the PractiTest team to insure filters are implemented and used correctly. This vastly improves the quality of the product.

Before PractiTest, each tester would save their test cases into their own secure folders inhibiting reusability and the ability to provide accurate reporting. Since incorporating PractiTest into our framework, we have been able to introduce reusability which has decreased test preparation time. Additionally, the creation of reporting dashboards has increased visibility of QA efforts and project health.

Response from Omri Berkovich of PractiTest

Dear PractiTest User,

Thank you very much for your review. Feedbacks hold great importance for us as we are constantly trying to improve our system based on our user requests. We were pleased to hear of your good experience with the centralization of your testing process using PractiTest. We were also pleased to know that you are happy with the dashboard and reporting options available. As for the API interface, the list of available integration options is expanding base on requests we get. We will, therefore, love to hear any specific options you had in mind for expending that list.

Again, thanks a lot for taking the time and writing this review, it means a great deal for us.

Omri

"Very efficient, reliable test management system"

What do you like best?

Practitest is easy to manage and very user friendly. I like very much the report part . The way to add the test cases are reliable. And the graphs are really good , so the testing process is visible to anyone in the team. And the supporting community is great and have a great documentation to refer.

What do you dislike?

When we finished run the test case , I want you to update cycle so I can see the run count without manually refreshing.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Start using it . It is very reliable,efficient software for testing.

Our team use this as our test case management tool. we have a test library in the PractiTest and we do our Test case running process in here . It is visible to whole our team so it is very easy to manage things here.

CI

"Great tool to manage testing activities "

What do you like best?

1. Test Sets and Runs is a great feature, sessions are now possible to organize with this. We usually create test sets after every sprint which can later track easily with Practitest's simple and well managed UI interface.

2. Test cases are easily linked with story in JIRA tool, helps to trace story progress.

What do you dislike?

Since using this tool I didn't find any cons, it is fulfilling all my activities smoothly without issues.

With Practitest, we are able to track testing cycles e.g. regression, feature cycles anytime, so that we understand any fault or things missed earlier.This helps avoiding future consequences.