PractiTest

Simple Test Management allows you to Manage all Requirements, Tests, Runs & Issues using one platform

Work for PractiTest?

Learning about PractiTest?

PractiTest Reviews

Ask PractiTest a Question
Showing 67 PractiTest reviews
PractiTest review by Sonam R.
Sonam R.

"It is simple and easy to use. "

What do you like best?

Below are features I like most:

> Custom filters can be applied for searching issues as well as test sets.

> Search can be done using test set or issue numbers as well as keywords.

> Filter exports can be pulled in excel format.

> It is easy to track number of rounds involved during execution of a project.

> Different options are available for test case execution i.e. Pass/Fail/Block.

> ET test sets were introduced and can be used for some exclusive product testing.

What do you dislike?

Below are features which can be improved:

> Sometimes search using keywords do not give all the results. It does not show a few options.

> While doing keyword search, I cannot increase the page size. If I try and increase the page size, it shows no result and then I'll have to search again.

> I need to use the HTML code to highlight the text in issue box. Color options are no longer available.

> Multiple attachments cannot be done in one go.

> If I add a link in test set, there is no way to export the links added in each test set. I'll have to manually open the test set and then open the links.

> Cannot tag people in comments.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is simple to track projects in this tool. Also, it has export functionality available which helps to create reports.

With export functionality, we compare the data on monthly basis.

It makes it easier to manage projects and keep track of issues.

It shows the status of project clearly.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about PractiTest
PractiTest review by Akhil A.
Akhil A.

"PractiTest: A user friendly Test Case, projects and defect management tool."

What do you like best?

Practitest is very easy to use. You can manage your projects, test cases, test plans, Test Sets, status and log/track issues in a very organised and sorted manner. There is a functionality to apply robust filters easily to manage and analyse the data better. Functionality to extract data in the form of excel file is very useful for reporting. Also multiple environments functionality to manage projects is useful. Being a QA Manager it helps me cretae test cases, manage issues, keep records, track performance and exports data for reporting.

What do you dislike?

Help center can sometimes take a little while to get back to you. Sometimes they respond very quickly, but sometimes they might take over an hour to get back.

Multiple attachments can not be added at once. It needs to be done one by one, which is a little time consuming process.

Color coding of words within issues that are raised can not done without adding html text around it. A couple of years back there was this functionality where we could color code words in the description of the issues by just selecting and choosing a color from the color box option. That changed down the line and now we have to add an html code to implement color which again is a little time consuming.

We cannot tag anyone in comments section.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend this tool to someone who needs to manage a plethora of projects on daily basis as PractiTest makes life simpler to manage that.

PractiTest helps me manage projects, test cases and issues efficiently. Being a Manager it also helps pull out records, making reports, manage KPIs and performance.

What Software Testing solution do you use?

PractiTest review by Rishabh R.
Rishabh R.

"Practitest is very simple and easy to track tool"

What do you like best?

The step wise passing of steps is very useful as using practitest along with our testing doesn't let us miss any step and this feature also helps us to exactly track the area where a defect is found as we Fail that section. So, this is very helpful even for tracking something that was built years ago.

What do you dislike?

I have a point which I dislike the most, that is - Adding attachments one by one. We cannot add multiple attachments at a single click. We have to select the file one by one and upload it. That is a point which I fell can be improved. This feature is also somewhat useful as when we have to upload the attachment and that is being done one by one, it let us smoke test again whether we are uploading the right documents or not. So, this feature stands out in both places.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

For all the companies and users who are in the field of Quality Testing, I would definitely recommend this product as this product is very beneficial to track the testing steps. It is used as for steps that we have covered and that are fine, we mark it as pass and for the steps where we have found some issue or are wrongly implemented we can mark them as Fail or either Block.

I am a Quality Assurance Analyst and I use Practitest to QA the assessment report that are generated electronically for the multiple candidates. I also test the Tests that are build and log all the defects on Practitest side by side.

PractiTest review by Chirag T.
Chirag T.

"Practitest the near perfect defect management tool"

What do you like best?

It is an all-in-one productivity tool for automating repetitive processes, from software functional testing to business verification. Users can build and execute test cases log defects and categorize them according to their needs.

The most important thing which practices provide is the filter option, I can easily track the tasks which have been completed, assigned or are pending by creating customised filters. These filters also help me to navigate through my team's tasks.

What do you dislike?

The only thing which I feel most of the users will agree is, that we can not add multiple attachments at the same time. We are only able to add attachments one by one.

I am not able to modify my text with colors and fonts without the HTML coding, If I need to add tables then I would have to learn how to code HTML table and then insert it. There should be an option to make our text visually more appealing to the developers or other testers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for this tool if you are new to designing test cases, this is easy to understand and even easier to implement.

Would rate this tool 9/10 on any day.

I am able to track a whole lot of projects without any fuss.

Record bugs easily, and track them based on desired criteria. Create custom views for my issue tracking so as to focus on bugs that are the most time sensitive.

See how many bugs have been logged, if they've been resolved.

PractiTest review by Avi D.
Avi D.

"Advanced features, great methodological and technical support"

What do you like best?

1. Visibility Visibility Visibility!!! The dashboard is amazing. I can create new tabs for my personal use and use fields and filters for the data. We use also the external dashboards and it really helps us all be aligned (we have it right in-front of the VP's office so it also makes a good impression :) )

2. Data organization - It has some cool inherent features (like filter trees, hierarchical search, different customization options) that help me understand my progress better and I can also say that I work more efficiently.

3. Exploratory testing! we didn't know it existed until a few months ago and it is really great and intuitive (once you know it's there...).

Reports are becoming better - it has a new feature of scheduled reports. I use it for some reports I need to submit. its also nice to edit and re-run the report.

4. The support is unbelievably fast and professional. I never received such quick and "to the point" answers. I talked to one of their representatives with an issue I had that was apparently not easy to solve and she followed up on me a few times to make sure I am satisfied.

What do you dislike?

1. It's really hard to find features. they have some really useful things (like exploratory testing) that we missed.

2. The Jira integration is good in comparison to other tools I've used in my past (It's a 2 way integration which is pretty unique), but I am missing some features that I really hope their team will add.

3. Would be nice if we could add screen shots to the report. I don't really feel the need but a few of my colleagues were complaining on that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get this product. At first you might think it's "just another product" but from my experience you can really benefit from it

1. The visibility I mentioned before improved the team's communication. We are all aligned.

2. Our value as a team in the company increased. I think it's because of the external dashboard but also because we actually work better. Even the developers started understanding us :)

3. The fact we can orgenise the data in different ways enables us to manage huge load of data in a simpler way than before.

4. We don't need to waste time on solving issues and understanding stuff. Their support is so reachable and quick that we barely wait with a question we (or our boss) have.

PractiTest review by Allison T.
Allison T.

"Simple and easy to use"

What do you like best?

My favorite thing about practitest is the sleek and minimal design that it has. It makes it very easy to use and stores all of my test cases and suites with ease, The folder design is nice and easy to use and you can set permissions so that certian people on your team can do or see certain things.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the way test suites are set up. When you go back to the suite, it is hard to find an order for things. Nothing is in an order that makes sense to me and I don't like how the comments on the test sets work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's nice for the price!

Not necessarily problems but it is a good way to hold all of our test cases and to look back at what has passed or failed in the past. In order to keep people responsible for what they have tested in the past, this is utilized quite often.

"Practitest Review"

What do you like best?

Practitest provides a complete solution to manage a project. I can easily find out the linked issues or testsets or any information that is required in future.

test cases can be divided in steps and also by documents.

Different test cases can be added to a testset, so there is no compulsion like a particular testcase will be used only for one type of project.

the status is easily visible through the graph.

You can easily update the testcases.

There are various filters available to search the issues for a particular;ar project id.

Search also provides a lot of categories basis on which the search result can be filtered out for easy review.

various types of reports are available on practitest which helps in reviewing the performance.

You can easily identify if there is any issue pending for a project.

there are options like sent back and sent by local PS which helps tracking the issues.

One can write testcases on excel sheet and can easily upload the testcases.

Uploading the documents do not take much time.

What do you dislike?

The testcases backup is saved in Excel format. this reduces the readability of the test cases saved and it is very difficult to reanalyze them.

some times changes are not saved and all the information is lost while creating issues.

For the formatting purpose one should know HTML tags or else there are no already available options.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Practitest is a great solution to manage the projects.

I am able to easily manage my projects.

PractiTest review by Nikita K.
Nikita K.

"Tracking of data made easy."

What do you like best?

I am into software testing and with practice the reporting of bugs and planning of projects became easy. So for the tracking purpose it is the best platform. For example: If in case some person has left the organisation on the spot and there is no other places where the documents are. One can easy access the older documents without that person.

What do you dislike?

Online assistant should be there to provide training. Also, at few times when we save the data it doesnot gets saved and the test case remains as not completed. I have seen this many times. So what i do is I have to refresh the page and re-save it ti keep the test case updated. So this is an issue appearing. Please have a look into this.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is the best platform to track the and plan your projects. So to keep the things on track and if anyone needs to re visits the old projects then the person can easily view it. Project managers, Developers and testers can easily communicate with this by keeping track on things. List of bugs can be found easily. So I would recommend all the other people as well to use this.

It helped me to plan my things more effectively and track bugs. Also, I can easily search any project details no matter how old it is. It saves time by maintaining the data. It is user friendly and easy way to keep all the data updated. So I wound recommend the other persons as well to use this.

PractiTest review by Shweta G.
Shweta G.

"User friendly tool thats supports multiple task"

What do you like best?

The application is easy to use and interactive. One can easily understand it even without the help of the manual. The option and menu bar listed are easy to understand. It provides various options to keep track of test sets and issues. Fields within options are numerous and it is really helpful to keep track of the test sets and the projects. It is also linked to email through which we can get notified whenever there is some change in our own test set or issue or when some new project is assigned to us.

What do you dislike?

1) It is not possible to upload heavy files in the application.

2) Multiple documents cannot be uploaded at the same time.

3) While logging an issue, it is not possible to clone it order to create a similar issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would like to recommend this product due to the below reasons:

1) Easy to use

2) Very interactive

3) Provide options of creating our specific projects like my projects, my issues

4)Shows graphical representation of all the data which is really helpful in keeping track

5)Synchronization with emails

Test sets and issues can be easily organised with the help of this application. I can keep track of my own sets and bugs by creating fields for myself. It also shows the overall distribution of all the data present in it. We can easily write our own test set and customized them for better understanding. This tool is helpful in keeping a track of a large amount of data related to projects.

PractiTest review by Monica K.
Monica K.

"OVERALL : Trace-ability/Regression"

What do you like best?

1) Navigation/Layout/Flow

2) User friendly-less

3) Easy to Use

4) Summary Home page to track via Higher Level per projects the statuses (passed/failed) and how the project is growing [giving feedback to managers etc.]

5) Flexible [Customization options]

6) Setting up the users per project

What do you dislike?

1) Difficult to link dependencies/related issues to the test library/test set specially when working with GitLab integration etc.

2) If using a Third Party software like GitLab to track error logs/bugs/failurs, not easy to link your test to the third party [integrating with software] the #request_number for trace-ability and regression purposes.

3) Would help if in the step there is an extra step to show the flow/navigation >> also help if a developer is looking at a specific test that failed.

4) Not sure how to implement Automation Testing with PractiTest and building for future an object repositry (similar to HP Quick Test Profession vs Quality Centre).

5) Would be nice to have something more visible when showing via a screen shot/screen recorder what failed where/when. Currently need to attach/download file in order to view.

Recommendations to others considering the product

1) Easy to Use

2) Reliable

Benefits:

1) In one consolidated place [everyone can access and make use of the tests setup per project.

2) Reliable [when last used/updated/maintained]

Business Problems solved:

1) Due to effectiveness/reliable and 1 consolidated place - no one have issue to access projects/test cases/test plans or update test cases/plans etc.

PractiTest review by User

"Practitest has helped streamline our QA Process."

What do you like best?

I like that practitest offers an integration with jira, which is where the majority of my company's work takes place. It is easy to create tests and test sets with minimal training so new hires can jump right in to using the software.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see something done with the "no run" option. Currently, when selecting "no run" for an instance, it will still show that test as incomplete. Sometimes, a test is applicable (so selecting n/a isn't fitting), but there are other circumstances that create the need to not run that particular test. I would also like them to revert back to the "print" button automatically creating a PDF when it is selected. I don't like that it automatically opens a print preview now. It's an unnecessary step.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend using filters to organize your test sets and test library. This allows you to place them in multiple sections.

Using practitest has allowed us to expand our QA department and easily onboard new hires. It offers an organized and easy to follow platform to house our testing procedures. It allows us to create more detailed testing results that show the clients exactly what was tested during each review.

PractiTest review by Emina R.
Emina R.

"17 years of experience in testing and test management "

What do you like best?

- Project Dasboard and the way a TestSet tells you at a glance how many test cases have passed/failed or not run

What do you dislike?

I'd like some ismpovements made to the Reporting module

Recommendations to others considering the product

You will find no other test management tool that is so easy to use, run, so affordable and which has a Support Team that is in the league of their own i.e. PractiTest Support Team.

There is so much to love and appreciate about PractiTest, once you buy it you'll never look back!

- PractiTest enabled us to successfully manage UAT that is happening concurrently in different parts of the country

- After we've introduced and started using PractiTest, everyne takes testing seriously and regards it as something well worth investing time & money into

PractiTest review by User

"User friendly tool and team"

What do you like best?

I really like the filtering option rather than the legacy folders option. PractiTest makes so much easier in my regression testing. It has been a month that I started using PractiTest. The tool is Amazing. You can integrate it with other tools like Jira, Slack etc I This is a very useful tool for testers, project managers, test managers, senior managers etc. and also you can view your test in different perspectives too

What do you dislike?

The only thing you need to care is when you delete something. Practitest doesn’t have a backup facility. Therefore, think twice when you delete something. They do warning before you delete but I prefer backup facility too.

UAT and regression testing. Supporting team is very friendly and knowledgeable. Whenever I get doubt there are happy to help straight away. they are always online. We can share our screen shoots etc to explain the question properly which some of the tools are lack of.

PractiTest review by Matt B.
Matt B.

"Evaluating PractiTest for Purchase"

What do you like best?

I love the filter hierarchy. At first I thought it didn't make sense and wanted to stick with a folder tree, but once I watched the tutorial video they had explaining it, it seemed perfect.

What do you dislike?

The test creation page is very robust, but almost seems too much so. I prefer a simpler, cleaner design when writing test cases that I can speed through steps quickly.

PractiTest's dashboard will help us immensely with gathering metrics for our clients. After testing it out and putting components together, we'll be able to see numbers at a glance that previously took us hours and hours to calculate.

PractiTest review by Nadeeka Thamini H.
Nadeeka Thamini H.

"PractiTest has made our test management and reporting easier "

What do you like best?

It is easy to manintain the test cases since we use PractiTest. It allows several QA Engineers to work on same set of test cases without any issues. After each cycle it is possible to generate reports and see the test execution and successfulness of the cycle. There is an amazing support team in PractiTest to solve any issues encountered. Since it is possible to integration with Jira issue tracking system it is very useful.

What do you dislike?

I want PractiTest to improve on the size of one Column which is the test instance name while running test sets to easily read the testcase. When running test cases suddenly receiving executed test cases as well. Also when search by component and run the order of running test cases is not correct as suddenly receiving some other components

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool for test case management and reporting test results

I have solved several report issues with PractiTest and support I get from the team is amazing. Also solving an issue with integration with Jira

PractiTest review by Raj K.
Raj K.

"Simple, user friendly and effective."

What do you like best?

Practitest is very easy to setup and use. I find the tool user-friendly and intuitive. The reporting and dashboards are very easy to setup and helped with real-time tracking of the test progress and issues.

What do you dislike?

The one thing I didn't like was the inability to export the Test Case results directly from the test lab module to Excel. I know we can export to Excel from the settings but a direct copy paste of the execution results in tabular form to Excel could be very helpful.

The dashboard did provide good useful reports but would have liked more if it could have been more customizable.

Along with adding custom fields to different modules the ability to add additional logic could be very helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend Practitest to other users. I had evaluated this product along with others in the market and had selected for my client then. From cost, support and tool feature perspective this is a very useful and effective tool to help with Test Management processes.

- Test Management process

- Real-time reporting and dashboards; External links to Reporting that can be sent to Program and Executives.

- Defect tracking

- Since it's cloud-based, no HW maintenance and cost to the company

PractiTest review by Afzal M.
Afzal M.

"Integration with other apps makes the PractiTest amazing"

What do you like best?

Integration with other apps making testing more viewable by other team members that are using Jira or Slack, for example.

What do you dislike?

A few of the settings were hidden behind numerous clicks. A few features are automatically on which can't be set at the start and require asking someone to figure out how to turn it off.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The ease of access and set up to use for testing purposes is well done. I learnt it within 2-3 weeks after looking around for test management tools.

Test suite and regression testing for our software.

"Practitest review"

What do you like best?

Graphical reporting is very useful. Reporting of testing is almost instantaneous with the customisable dashboards.

Integration with automation test results through the API is also very useful.

Jira integration seamless after you set it up.

Easy to clone test sets and re-run.

What do you dislike?

Have to create test cases from requirements manually, one at a time. Should be an option to clone all requirements into test cases and link them.

It is not as simple as it should be to add a new user to the account and then assign them to a project.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good option to try, possibly will meet your requirements.

The support team is very good, will answer questions quickly. All downtime is communicated.

Easy to set up extra users and can specify roles which are charged at different rates. You only pay for the number of users you really need.

Agile testing is made easier. Test plans and test execution very simple. Traceability of test cases to requirements and test runs is also very useful as it shows a clear picture of everything.

PractiTest review by Administrator

"PractiTest Test management tool ideal for Agile projects"

What do you like best?

Filters, fast UI and Online Chat support which is great / perfect for people who are new to the tool as this would help them transition, I wish all the test management tools had this feature.

When compared to other tools that I have used in the past 15 years I would say the license cost is very competitive and no annual contracts.

What do you dislike?

They have API's to perform some basic operations would be perfect if they can provide more API services for Testing activities like creating Filter Views / Folders.

Two way integration with JIRA currently exists where we can create new defects from PractiTest, would be great if they can extend this for even editing the defects rather than going to JIRA to update the status.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please provide more API and Swagger documentation for all your existing API's for end users to consume them.

Reports and Dashboard which can be shared with the project stakeholders

PractiTest review by Executive Sponsor
Executive Sponsor

"Pretty happy with this cloud solution at the price-point"

What do you like best?

The ability to organize test case library into folders for a default storage location, and then use filters to create more complex, specialized views of cases. This is very helpful when creating large volumes of test cases in the library that will turned into test suites later. Or referred back to.

What do you dislike?

User management not really existing at the Account level, requiring bulk adds to projects. Preferable to have groups to control access and allow adding the user to groups to handle access control.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Setup a master project as a template, then clone it when a new project is needed. This allows all project field customization and user assignments to be consistent across projects spawned from the "template" project.

SQA test case management in a simple, cloud-based solution. Also managing test runs. We use other tools for requirements (AHA!) and tasks/bugs (JIRA), so those components are not leveraged by us. Major benefit is tool easily accessible to team members whether working from home, remote location, or other office locations.

This is much more useful and powerful than using spreadsheets, JIRA cases, or Zephyr for JIRA. Mostly due to the ability to organize large volumes of test case and easily drill into test run data from dashboard.

PractiTest review by Debbie G.
Debbie G.

"Not very user friendly"

What do you like best?

There seems to be a lot you can test on. Nice to be able to place names of who is to take the test and on and by what dates. Everything saves into different folders. You can import pictures to go along with the questions, which is nice.

What do you dislike?

I find it not very user friendly to set up and get started. Hard to integrate questions, though you can include pics and other files into the questions.. I have found other products to be more user friendly in setting up exams

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to have detailed questions , this is for you. If you just want a simple question answer then I would find something else.

I mostly use this to set homework practice tests for my students. Extra credit and just for practicing.

PractiTest review by Hava K.
Hava K.

"Great product!"

What do you like best?

You can configure it to work perfectly with Jira and it allows you to manage testing as you like. You can always add more fields and the filters really help to follow what is happening.

What do you dislike?

nothing honestly, every time I had a challenge - I contact the team with the chat or by Email and they sorted all my problems.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a really good tool with a great costumer service.

Test management - creating test and allowing running test sets really easily. Dashboard to show progress of testing and allow clarity with the client on testing status.

PractiTest review by User

"EXPERIENCE IN USING PRACTI TEST"

What do you like best?

I like the way Practi test works as it helps us in creating the test sets and raise issues for the developers. It has been a great experience in using Practi test. this helps in raising issues of the product in which we have also other options of raising issues. This helps in measuring the performance of the developer and also the quality of product through the various options available.

What do you dislike?

there is as such nothing that I don't like about the practi test. It is very good and awesome to use practi test.There are some ways we can improve its efficiency and also increase its working. The pricing is also very good and it differs as per the requirement and usage. There are some ways for example we can improve this. for example we can raise a feature where we can find the tracibility matrix. so we can also improve this more. Otherwise there is nothing from my side as it is really very good and useful for all the people i.e qa and tester.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is really nice to mange work and help the QA and tester to work with full efficiency on the quality of work.

I am fixing the issues that qa raise and then solving those issues and changing there status and practi test. Adding comment uploading documents on issues. Reviewing the test cases and checking the number of issues rasied. The sent back option allows us to review that how many issues were being sent back to the tech team to review them again and fix them properly.

PractiTest review by Amy P.
Amy P.

"Great tool for the test management "

What do you like best?

* Intuitive and easy to use (you will find it very user-friendly and no installation are required from your side)

* Traceability between all modules (it is very important always to see linkage between entities)

* Advanced REST API that allow to develop integrations with various platforms

* Great integration solutions with bug tracking tools as JIRA, Pivotal Tracker, Bugzilla and many others

* Customizable fields and filters

* Reporting and Dashboards (we can generate metrics that display various characteristics of our manual and automated testing )

* Webinars, conferences and other activities PractiTest provides to customers where you can always learn something new and useful that can improve your testing skills

What do you dislike?

In general this product meets all the needs we currently have, but in addition would be great to have ability to sort exported data and rich formatting for more fields.

Recommendations to others considering the product

According to my experience can say that PractiTest can become a good match for a middle-sized company looking for a tool that can help to organize and control testing process.

Do not hesitate to contact their support if you have any questions, they are always available.

PractiTest gives a great opportunity to control our entire testing process properly.

Nowadays we can not realize our work without PractiTest as our main test management tool.

The main benefit we realized is ability to manage our manual and automated testing together by using one tool only.

PractiTest review by User

"Overall a great product"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use for test case update pushes to library during a test run when needed. Linking between requirements, test library and test runs is good. Pie chart to show realtime updates is good.

What do you dislike?

Communication when Production upgrades are happening is not good. Still cleaning up some mess when markdown text was pushed for SQL statements impacted. Auto-sizing in step, expected and actual is really slow to respond sometimes while it's catching up to size and so I find myself using Notepad to get things the way that I want it to be and then pasting into PractiTest.

Recording testing of features and defect fixes for our product. Improved reporting helps me to more easily reconcile where we stand and what's left. It's easier to document and illustrate coverage with PractiTest.

PractiTest review by Administrator in Hospital & Health Care
Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"The best test case management tool around"

What do you like best?

Having a center repository for our QA team where tests can be executed and maintained has opened up new opportunity to create and provide reporting to highlight the health of development projects.

What do you dislike?

While API interfaces exist for some applications, I would like to see the list of supported interfaces expanded.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Work with the PractiTest team to insure filters are implemented and used correctly. This vastly improves the quality of the product.

Before PractiTest, each tester would save their test cases into their own secure folders inhibiting reusability and the ability to provide accurate reporting. Since incorporating PractiTest into our framework, we have been able to introduce reusability which has decreased test preparation time. Additionally, the creation of reporting dashboards has increased visibility of QA efforts and project health.

PractiTest review by Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"Great tool to manage testing activities "

What do you like best?

1. Test Sets and Runs is a great feature, sessions are now possible to organize with this. We usually create test sets after every sprint which can later track easily with Practitest's simple and well managed UI interface.

2. Test cases are easily linked with story in JIRA tool, helps to trace story progress.

What do you dislike?

Since using this tool I didn't find any cons, it is fulfilling all my activities smoothly without issues.

With Practitest, we are able to track testing cycles e.g. regression, feature cycles anytime, so that we understand any fault or things missed earlier.This helps avoiding future consequences.

PractiTest review by User

"It's a very well-thought out workflow that allows for high customization and dashboard data"

What do you like best?

it's database-oriented which allows for less clutter and more data intensive dashboard views. I love how much customization is allowed and the features were quick to grasp and learn. The customer service is very responsive and they do care about all their customers.

What do you dislike?

I do wish for more options on dashboard items and the ability to have more options when updating for cross-projects.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Run a trial with them and ask lots of questions. They are knowledgeable and want to help you achieve higher quality results.

Capturing all of our growing test cases and data and the ability to create dashboards on the fly with minimal time and the ability to share with C level executives publicly.

PractiTest review by Pascal M.
Pascal M.

"PractiTest (user experience) "

What do you like best?

Reports and dashboards are very customizable so we can create metrics that reflect our data exactly per our request.

Ability to integrate PractiTest with JIRA, automation tools (Selenium for example) and even Slack allows to manage the testing process more efficiently and properly.

Filters that incorporated to the Filter tree give us the great opportunity to organize our tests, test sets and issues according to our needs, hence we always can find the relevant test, issue and so forth.

What do you dislike?

I would recommend to add the option to copy and paste tests and ability of batch editing tags as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My recommendations are very straightforward:

You are looking for a good test management tool, check PractiTest.

Use their live chat on the website in order to get answers you can't find regarding their product (as I did). Their reps are very friendly and work 24/7 if I'm not mistaken

PractiTest changes the vision of performing testing process.

I know that always acquaintance of another tool, platform is painful thing to do, but when I start using PractiTest I realized that it is not painful at all, and I got many useful things I had no previously.

Now we can say we manage our testing process properly thanks to PractiTest as product, but in addition to that we attend each webinar they provide as we learn new things not only related to PractiTest tool but related to the whole Quality Assurance industry

PractiTest review by Inga R.
Inga R.

"PractiTest review"

What do you like best?

Features I like most in PractiTest:

* Integration with JIRA

* GUI - user-friendly

* Requirements, tests and issues are linked (they call it as traceability in the system)

* Filters and folders (very easy to organize data using them)

* Reporting (we use Dashboards and Reports that display the data properly per our requests)

* Training (obviously we don't know all things PractiTest has, that's why we contact our PractiTest manager and she always helps us, provides us with online sessions, where we learn new things)

What do you dislike?

Things I don't like in PractiTest:

* Workflow can be improved in my opinion

* Missing ability to copy-paste steps

Recommendations to others considering the product

My recommendation will be simple:

Use PractiTest if you want to have the good test management tool for your QA Team. It doesn't matter you have integrations with other tools or not. PractiTest can work independently or can be integrated with the tool you have already been using.

Initially we had JIRA platform for our R&D Team and we felt that we need a separate test management tool. Due to the company's structure the approval process regarding tool's purchase took some time. Our researchers compared various tools (nowadays we have a lot on the market) and eventually made a conclusion to buy PractiTest thanks to its parameters. We can say a lot of manual testing became simpler and more efficiently in our company. We as the company's QA team can properly execute and control the test management process in the constantly volatile circumstances.

PractiTest review by Philip R.
Philip R.

"The Filters tree make our lives easier and saves us tons of time"

What do you like best?

We have been using PractiTest for many years, so we can say this product always meets our needs taking into account the fact that our developers and testers are actively working on this tool together.

There are many useful features PractiTest offers, I will mention the best ones in my opinion.

At first we used folders in order to organize our data, but PractiTest's success manager suggested we use their Filters tree system. I can honestly say that, it was this transition that changed our work forever. Creating various filters and organizing the data in Filters trees suddenly just made sense. We were able to find tests and save time on "digging" for information.

Second, since we use Jira, it was great to find how smooth the integration works with PractiTest. We always have all data from PractiTest linked with Jira and vice versa.

Third, PractiTest gives us the licensing flexibility that allows us to adjust the number of users and license type on a daily basis, since this is every in flux, from project to project.

What do you dislike?

That's difficult to choose something we dislike in this product. Maybe the one thing I wanted to recommend is to add more modern features to PractiTest. Although I know from experience that they take customer feedback into consideration an translate it into product improvements given the time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend PractiTest to the companies that deal with manual testing. There are many features you can find in PractiTest whether you work with PractiTest only or you have integration with Jira, Redmine, Jenkins or other additional tools.

We use PractiTest for all software testing in our company. Thus we need to know that the entire testing process is going smoothly and we admit that PractiTest gives us this opportunity.

PractiTest review by Monica K.
Monica K.

"PractiTest - The good test management tool"

What do you like best?

I can point out the following things I like most in PractiTest:

1. Jira integration that allows us as testers work properly and collaborate with developers as well. In a nutshell all teams work together efficiently achieving mutual goals.

2. Very intuitive GUI, it is very easy to work using the tool.

3. Reporting is very customized, so we can get live reports displaying everything we want to see.

4. Support assistance is always fast and of the great quality.

5. We have found Issue Management in-built PractiTest module as definitely good module we can use combining with features we have in Jira.

6. Many projects can be executed simultaneously and different test cases can be executed from them.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes we are used to do some things differently from what PractiTest suggest but it is only the thing is related to habit. Besides that I can say there are no other disadvantages I found in this tool

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for the good test management tool you must choose PractiTest.

It makes testers' life easier!

Live demo sessions are very helpful, so don't miss them it can significantly improve your work and understanding of this tool.

Software testing. During my work I test backend and frontend processes. As a tester I always need to be aware of current status of tests, history of runs, bugs, their connection and so on.

Using PractiTest is very helpful to have the correct picture always and in the real time.

PractiTest review by User

"PractiTest Review for GSM"

What do you like best?

I like PractiTest as it allows my QA Engineers around the world to place there testing efforts in one collective location for each of our sprints and allows Leads like my self to track QA activities.

What do you dislike?

In a lot of section i find PractiTest a bit limited. As with any modern QA process the Testing and reporting of testing efforts needs to be extremely functional/flexible.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Need better navigation in Test Sets and more flexible reporting/Dashboards

I have QA engineers around the world working on the same projects and sprints and I needed to have a cloud based tool to have them build there testing efforts in a collaborative way.

PractiTest review by Consultant

"PractiTest - Practi-Cal tool "

What do you like best?

Good visibility, intuitive interfaces, easiness of management. Tool is very simple, very useful and very modular.

What do you dislike?

Could be a little bit more responsive and sometimes a little bit quicker.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Learn how to manage Test Library, Test Sets and trace all your work from point of Test Set interface.

I am using PractiTest as a tool for organizing my work as tester. It helps be to build test cases, manage them easily, track and visualize my progress and trace all bugs, with possibility to link other platforms.

PractiTest review by Marialena S.
Marialena S.

"PractiTest Testing Management Tool"

What do you like best?

That it can easily get integrated with JIRA and it is not very expensive.

What do you dislike?

That can't send all data from/to JIRA and that I have to manually add new issues from JIRA to practitest

It is easier to manage the whole testing process and keep notes and results for all the tests we've done. Also seeing reports helps us keep track of how many issues are solved etc.

PractiTest review by Administrator

"Practitest is my preferred test tool"

What do you like best?

Practitest allows me to keep track of my test scripts and easily tick off and pass/fail tests. I love the support that you get from the team and willingness to explore new ideas for the software.

What do you dislike?

I want to bring this into all of the organisation's that I work for, but some organisations don't have any budget. I wish pracritest had a free lite version. Other than that I can't say anything negative because I love the product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ask for a free trial and give it a go.

Practitest has improved our governance of the testing process and improved efficiency of testing which is pertinent to the organisations in which I have worked. I have used it in 2 different organisations.

PractiTest review by Administrator in Medical Devices
Administrator in Medical Devices

"PractiTest Review"

What do you like best?

Ease of use to create/execute tests. The test creation process is easy to use and something I am very familiar with as having used similar tools in the passed. The flexibility to add fields and report on them is very helpful in building regression suites for our organization.

What do you dislike?

Integration between modules. When you are executing a test in the test set module and change the test it should automatically update the test in the test library. Also, the tool lacks the ability to create templates for reuse in the filter and reporting functionality. It lacks the ability to upload test results documented in spreadsheets.

Ability to create tests for reuse. This is changing the way we are testing by producing tests from a step point. We can use the tests added into PractiTest to output test cases on a spreadsheet.

PractiTest review by David B.
David B.

"Very useful and easy to use!"

What do you like best?

First of all I am really enjoyed to organize our company's complicated sprints using the filters tree. This feature allows me as a tester to find relevant information having the big amount of data.

The second thing I really like is the traceability that PractiTest provides with its clients. I'm always sure that all requirements, tests and issues are linked.

The last but not the least thing I want to point out is the great Support I get every time I contact PractiTest.

What do you dislike?

Meanwhile I can't find any serious problems working with this testing tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use all options PractiTest offers, as sometimes we just forget about all abilities this product offers.

For our company PractiTest is the main test case management tool. I test both backend and frontend processes.

PractiTest review by Veneta A.
Veneta A.

"Overall happy with the product"

What do you like best?

I like that it integrates with Jira. I like the admin features. The import tool is a great.

What do you dislike?

the UI can be better and more user friendly.

I can't split test scripts but would love to.

The import tool isn't clear enough on how to use. Of course once you figure it out it works as a charm.

QA

PractiTest review by Olivia T.
Olivia T.

"Check PractiTest if you are looking for an excellent test management tool."

What do you like best?

PractiTest allowed us to inform our staff member throughout the company on the worth of screening for our service, and eventually for our customers Would be terrific to have a capability to copy-paste actions, however I expected it is currently prepared to include quickly.

What do you dislike?

The run status bar offers an easy visual indication on the status of each test. Separating tests based on sprints is perfect when you have thousands of tests to carry out.

The ability to manage both manual and automated testing on one platform

PractiTest review by Administrator

"Endless possibilities with test management and test runs"

What do you like best?

Best thing for me is two-way integration with Jira and endless possibilities for configuration

What do you dislike?

Quite some effort was needed to get familiar with your platform and to use it as intended. However, your support was great and always helped me.

Test management and test runs. We try to cover full regression for our platform with all test cases needed for testing it.

Test runs can be configured quite simply after you do a first round of setting up all different custom fields etc.

PractiTest review by User

"Great tool for test management"

What do you like best?

Practitest is very easy to setup and use. It allows to manage more than 10000 test cases and keep test cases running progress visible for all.

What do you dislike?

Currently it meets all requirements and no major issues with tool.

We use it for tracking testing cycles like regression, feature cycles etc. We have multiple teams working on project and Practitest allows to keep all things in one place.

PractiTest review by Zion  A.
Zion A.

"Best ALM"

What do you like best?

PractiTest is a great tool for testing and defect tracking system.

I found tool very useful for our use, also PractiTest can work with Jira.

What do you dislike?

So far i didn't found something that i dislike.

We found benefits for traceability.

PractiTest review by User in Computer Software

"Practitest falls short of meeting the needs of a large company"

What do you like best?

Web-based, so your test cases are not tied to a specific network.

What do you dislike?

Search feature returns are head-scratching--searching for specific test cases rarely return anything useful. Filters and Folders structures are convoluted and archaic--ultimately these become catch-all areas and become useless over time. Mass editing is severely handicapped by inability to fully edit testcases. Adding testcases on the fly to testsets leads to another form of the filters and folders structure which is even more severely handicapped because you have to know exactly where to find the testcases you want to add. Does not allow users to tie in to Rally or other project management systems besides Jira.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Practitest is a fair starting place for small businesses with a small QA department. In its present inception, it will not meet the needs of larger departments with more employees and a need for better test case/test set administration.

This question does not make sense to me. Practitest is creating more problems for us than solving by requiring too much time in testcase administration than in testing. The only real benefits we've found are the cost of using practitest is low and the accessibility via the web is convenient.

PractiTest review by Keerthi N.
Keerthi N.

"crisp test management "

What do you like best?

the simplicity and yet extensive features

What do you dislike?

the ui lacks advanced features to give users seamless performance and usage

it gets complicated with usage of too many filters ..

structuring could be enhanced

PractiTest review by Juri M.
Juri M.

"PractiTest review"

What do you like best?

PractiTest allows users to create, run, and manage requirements, test sets, and tests very efficiently. Creating and exporting reports is easy, which is a big plus!

What do you dislike?

User UI is simple, but some button placements and navigation could be improved.

All software testing is done in one platform, and all runs can be found in PractiTest. This centralised solutions allows easier management of software testing in general.

PractiTest review by Maressa S.
Maressa S.

"It's a good tool to execute tests but it's a little messy"

What do you like best?

I like the way the requirements and tests are linked

What do you dislike?

The organization and design are confused

We could map our tests and set then in groups to test.

PractiTest review by Administrator

"Usage of Parctitest in my Day 2 Day job."

What do you like best?

Two-way integreation between the Jira and the Practitest, makes the entire team be aware of the impact analysis for any change request that comes within the project/product.

What do you dislike?

When the tests are categorized to tree type folder structure level. When I got to parent folder I should see all the test cases related to Parent and It's child's folders. But it does not show in that manner. Where Filters has that capability.

Organizing the test cases. Traceability matrix of Tests against the Development requirements. The decision to have a release or not based n the execution reports and bugs against them.

PractiTest review by Lokesh R.
Lokesh R.

" How To Create Perfect Test cycle To Explode Your Testing "

What do you like best?

It is very easy and convenient to create a test suite in practitest for each release which will quick overview of our execution.

What do you dislike?

Graphs in Dashboard needs to be bit improved and it should provide more options to user.

Integration issue with JIRA

PractiTest review by User

"Authoring test cases made feature rich"

What do you like best?

I can add steps and segregate code, bulleted points etc.

What do you dislike?

Unable to add different types of bullets though and lack of other formatting features offered generally

Recommendations to others considering the product

Add more test case editing features - ability to insert a table in steps, support - more types of bullets, support - more fonts, sizes and colors..

Am able to build regression test sets and include specific tests from other modules into one test set while in execution stage. This has proven helpful while running test sets during overall Project regression

Learning about PractiTest?

* We monitor all PractiTest reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.