Plex Manufacturing Cloud

3.3

Plex Manufacturing Cloud is more a unified ERP software platform designed to also help users manage their manufacturing operations (MOM).

Work for Plex Manufacturing Cloud?

Learning about Plex Manufacturing Cloud?

Plex Manufacturing Cloud Reviews

Ask Plex Manufacturing Cloud a Question
Showing 17 Plex Manufacturing Cloud reviews
Tom R.

"Plex was a great product I liked the sandbox feel"

What do you like best?

Plex allowed you to do pretty much anything you wanted and has a sandbox feel to it that allowed me to fully customize what I wanted.

What do you dislike?

I didn't like the idea of champions, I found myself asking my champion constantly about things and I knew more than he did.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use the plex community. It's a very useful tool if you're stuck.

I solved a problem with certifications and used the supplier list application very often.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Plex Manufacturing Cloud
Mary M.

"Good way to streamline all aspects of manufacturing"

What do you like best?

I like the capability of Plex to keep every area of the business running through one platform, intersecting when needed: HR, finance, purchasing, engineering, production, supply chain/logistics, etc. Plex is also able to be customized to your business' specific usage needs.

What do you dislike?

Certain areas could be more user-friendly, perhaps streamlined as far as redundancy in data entry and clicking "update" for everything.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would definitely recommend this, especially for a manufacturing business setting.

It is definitely beneficial in inventory tracking, production tracking, etc.

What Mixed Mode ERP solution do you use?

"Good for Operations - but Accounting was an afterthought"

What do you like best?

The system provides real-time updates on most transactions. Also, it is usually fairly easy to make corrections/updates on existing transactions.

What do you dislike?

SCAR - everything else is individual transactions with immediate updates. But, for anything posting to inventory, you need to run a month-end batch referred to as SCAR in order to post that activity to the General Ledger. Also, there is no one, single place that tracks inventory transactions - its all in different files that must be accessed separately.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

For Operations and Manufacturing, the system works well. Accounting functions appear to have been an after-thought.

Manufacturing operations have seen some benefits.

Lexi O.

"Plex Review"

What do you like best?

Plex does a really good job organizing material and making it easily accessible. Plex does a great job keeping track of inventory and cutting out labor hours to do inventory manually.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike about Plex is that it is very difficult to learn. There are many portals but once you learn them or create short cuts it is simple.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Plex is a great tool once it is learned. It is important to spend plenty of time on Plex to become comfortable and effecient.

I have not had any issues from Plex. The only issues I have ran into is co-workers not using Plex correctly and creating issues later on such as inventory levels being off.

"Plex"

What do you like best?

It is very easy to use. It is very functional.

What do you dislike?

There is not anything that I dislike about Plex. It has helped us as a company and enabled me to grow in my job.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would highly recommend it. It is very easy to use and it has great functionality. It solved our biggest problems.

It has solved material Planning problems. We now have components on time. We now have a good relationship with our suppliers because we are not hounding them for components. It has a supplier portal, which has solved supplier issues It has given us the ability to forecast our customer's needs. Plex has taught me so much about our business. It has solved problems with functionality. I love it.

Bill L.

"Plex - many shortcomings"

What do you like best?

I admit the plant floor interface is very nice and easy to use

What do you dislike?

You can get 2 different results on 2 different screens using the same dataset, Support is very "iffy", some days you cannot reach anyone for support.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Dont'

Based on what we have found in using the software, we see no benefits

"efficient way to organize documents and track business hours"

What do you like best?

Plex allows us to share technical documents on a cloud server as well as track individual project hours with specific tasks.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the layout of the software. The software overall works great. However, the style and design of the website could use some improvement.

The business problem that we are solving with Plex Manufacturing Cloud is the ability to track individual project hours as well as a cloud where anyone can check technical documents. The benefits include easy access to what tasks/projects employees are working on.

User in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

"Use of Plex by production supervisor"

What do you like best?

Plex can be accessed from any computer or smart phone. I like that it is live and can be monitored when away from work if necessary.

What do you dislike?

That I have to put my password in every 90 minutes if I haven't used the system for that time period.

It is much more beneficial to have Plex live versus our past system that wasn't.

"bad news"

What do you like best?

not much. I cannot do costing without going into test system and using a dummy part to change costs just to get an estimate cost for a new product.

What do you dislike?

things are hard to find, do not connect well, tables have the same names for different tables so hard to query from them.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

find a different software

Using for AP, which is not great but not horrible. Also for costing, which does not work for our needs.

Engineering modules seem to be way to complicated so we don't use those as we should be able to

adrianna m.

"Great product"

What do you like best?

Easy to use and efficient it is a great product and I would recommend this software to others

What do you dislike?

Nothing. It is a wonderful product and I see nothing wrong

It provides a fast way to organize and plan

business documents

"Plex assessment"

What do you like best?

Fairly easy to use, has good track ability for what I use it for.

What do you dislike?

It times me out of the system to early, would like it to stay up until I'm done for the day and I could log off of it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Need input from administrators, I'm just a user.

Never had a good way of tracking tooling life and where tooling is used until Plex.

"Plex is easy to use"

What do you like best?

I am able to search for all active/inactive employees.

What do you dislike?

There's really nothing for me to dislike about plex at the moment.

It helps me with managing all employees. When it comes to searching for certain employees and their status, it's all there.

AH
Administrator in Human Resources

"New Implementation"

What do you like best?

Menu ease of use. Easy to find info and identify apprpriate data

What do you dislike?

Implementation process is full of holes. We have had to slow down our schedule due to serious issues created by implementation process

Consolidation of mergers

UA
User in Automotive

"Quality Engineer"

What do you like best?

A lot of menus for quality, manufacturing, logistics across the plant.

What do you dislike?

Graphical presentation and displays look like obsolete technology

Recommendations to others considering the product:

make it more user-friendly and attractive to use

Quality control, production control , manufacturing

"Plex is good query tools"

What do you like best?

User fucntionality to be able to customizeable

What do you dislike?

Not user friendly if not tech savy. Must have experience working in systems to understand

Quick response and drill down to the data I need quickly

UE
User in Entertainment

"Plex"

What do you like best?

It is easy to use and compatible with most platforms and devices

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it fails to connect and requires a restart on both enda

Connected content across people and platforms

"Main user of PLEX"

What do you like best?

User friendly, all in one package...............

What do you dislike?

Difficult to remove change in data................

Quality issues

Learning about Plex Manufacturing Cloud?

* We monitor all Plex Manufacturing Cloud reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.