Pages Reviews & Product Details

Pages Overview

What is Pages?

Pages for Mac is a powerful word processor that gives you everything you need to create documents that look beautiful.

Pages Details

@Apple
6,052,997 Twitter followers
225,149 employees on LinkedIn®
Description

Apple’s three software platforms — iOS, OS X and watchOS — provide seamless experiences across all Apple devices and empower people with breakthrough services including the App Store, Apple Music, Apple Pay and iCloud.

Pages Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Pages community
Have you used Pages before?

Pages Reviews

Showing 262 Pages reviews
Already have Pages?
Technology Integration Specialist
Yoga Teacher
Director, Tech Transfer Arizona
Higher Education
What do you like best?

Pages combination of simplicity and power make it stand out above the crowd. I've found that its templates, formatting, and general navigation are simpler than others, and allow me to produce attractive documents easily. I always look forward to new releases. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Primarily, if you need to co-edit documents it can be challenging. Continually exporting to another format and importing from another format gets challenging, and concerns that you may have "missed" something in the translation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use Pages as I would use any other document word processor - creating documents for dissemination. When simply creating an attractive document, it's my go-to tool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AC
What do you like best?

Pages is well laid out, clean, organized, and very easy to use. There are some features that, I believe, are unique to Pages and unavailable in Microsoft Word. For instance, you can arrange a text box/image/shape/chart/etc in such a way where it can be placed anywhere (yes, anywhere) on the document and the text behind it won't be moved around. This has proven to be extremely helpful in multiple situations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish it was easier to add rows on charts with a click of a button, like it is on Microsoft Word. It's not terribly difficult to do, but it is extra effort that is not required on Microsoft Word. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure you are prepared to learn a new Word Processing program. Like with any new software, there's a learning curve to it. However, it's my opinion this learning curve is very minor and should take very little time to overcome. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

When I need a word processing document created, I immediately use Pages first. It's my go-to, for all word processing needs. I've found tremendous ease of use, organized layout, and overall a pleasant user interface, as a result of using Pages. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It's a great word processor that does the basics - whatever I need when I'm writing or trying to make a simple document with text and images. It has a nice bright layout and overall aesthetically pleasing form with options on formatting on the right side in a bar. There is a variety of fonts to choose from and there are also basic options for formatting images inserted. It gets the job done. In addition, the templates that pop up when you first open the application are useful for formatting documents to get nice, simple, unique layouts. They also have some cool pictures that I think can inspire users to search for more images to add to their documents. Lastly, the interactive charts are really cool! Although this is a document, presenting it still makes it worthy of a presentation since there is something that the presenter or user can interact with to see how things may change. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it's a little difficult to move across the document or go to the other side when zoomed in. I also feel like the formatting options for images are limited in comparison to Microsoft Word. Inserting and using tables is a little strange because the user chooses a style or layout before choosing how many rows and columns they want. The comments are a great tool but it would be better to have them somewhere on the side rather than directly on the text or above the text that was highlighted since it would make it seem more organized then. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Pages is a great application to use as a word processor. It does the basic things that one needs when writing or making documents and is presented in a nice simple way where users can usually easily find whatever tool they're looking for. There are also some really cool features, such as the interactive charts, that make Pages unique and interesting to use for presenting, brainstorming, or planning things out. Overall, this application has many benefits and it's great that it comes free with most Macbooks, iPads, and now iPhones. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Pages allows me to make simple documents, such as letters, notes, posters, and lists, while also being able to insert images to add a visual aspect. It's bright and simple layout makes working in this program easy and it's also not too difficult to figure out where certain tools are. I can even use documents as presentations or just to work things through when planning or working on complicated projects and assignments. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Contains a communication system with the client with large slides for meetings represented in print, digital or face-to-face, this software is convenient since it comes installed on Mac devices, and it has compatibility with Apple devices, which is the point that took Please note it's the one I like best, including your representative efforts like remote performance measurement and other generative investment systems. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Its quantification and analytical filtering of information is deficient, because its schematic projection contains an error in its simplification of programmatic work, since its software interferes when it does not fully consider all the information necessary to support and textualize a task, Why It is necessary to run a massive proportion of various settings to protect the program from the pages, avoiding errors within your platform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Your customer communication system, the innovative manager of major customer relationship development, would be seamless, where you can create unique and unmatched slide shows, also basing face-to-face electronic meetings, improving the quality of services fully professional production line. business relationships, automating data acceptance with the establishment of optimal performance. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Pages helps us achieve significant improvement in customer relationships by producing a measurable statement for automated fundraising management, with new features, while publishing our progress in continuous progression, generally speaking. is a document processing creator of such system user claims, which gives our company files moderately created by professionals. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director
What do you like best?

Pages is very user friendly and is easy to export to Word. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how certain settings are harder than word. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Pages is great as it is compatible with macbook and all apple products. It's clear and has a multitude of settings. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It's much better suited for apple than word, it's very compatible. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The page layout features are intuitive and easy to use. It has a great selection of templates which help you get started easily. I've been very impressed with the quality of documents I have been able to produce. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it is hard to find things within the user interface. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is mac only. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm trying to create professional looking documents quickly and easily. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sales Consultant
What do you like best?

Pages by Apple is very simple, intuitive, user friendly and most importantly it is free service by Apple.

It is very unusual for Apple to give a free service but they do, and Pages is simply one of them.

It is available online. Collaborative work is possible thru Pages. It also supports many word docs formats. And it can be linked to an iCloud service for easy storage and retrieval of files. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't find any downside to Pages except there are limited templates for documents which could have been very useful for people who work in the office most of the time, including myself. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

We are definitely recommending Pages by Apple. After all it is Apple product, so it is already guaranteed to be one of the best. Be aware that it is a free service and yet works flawlessly for word files. Yes, it is the new word application, it is Pages! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Pages by Apple benefits us a lot in many ways. The most effective one is the fact that I can work with friends and colleagues on a certain document even if we are not literally together, I can share the document thru many means like sharing a link, thru email etc, and I can also give certain restriction if I want the other person just be able to view it, for approval purposes, to be able to edit and change things, for working together or collaborative work. And since I also have a little free iCloud service from Apple, I can have it autosaved on my iCloud and forget about worrying of not saving the file or of losing them. And the best thing about it is that I can access my files even if I don't have my mac with me. Even using any other laptop like windows, I can still work like as if I have Pages application by simply accessing the online version thru iCloud.com. It is fantastic! And did I mention that should I have questions or concerns about its use, I can also call Apple Customer Support, and they are superb! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Music Engraver
Music
What do you like best?

Compared to other text editing programs I have used on Mac this one is most streamlined, without being bulky. It works fast and is very intuitive when you are used to setting up and using styles. Even integrating media is straightforward, offering the casual user many preset options right out of the box, which can be adapted further as needed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It misses a few styling functions I was used to from other programs. E.g. listed Headers can not be automated, but you would have to add and keep track of the numbering by hand. Luckily, my paper writing days are over so I need this very rarely. What would be nice is to see the pages format more integrated, to make it easier to collaborate with other programs and users from other systems. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

As a Mac user, it is part of your standard programs so you can't go wrong giving it a go. If you have used any other text editing software you should be able to dive right in without any long tutorials or figuring out. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use it mainly for business letters where the templates come in handy. But it has also come in handy for developing blog ideas on the go and creating flyers, handouts and similar print outs for clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Faculty
What do you like best?

I can create a wide number of types of documents and share them easily. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it is not as user friendly as I would like. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I can easily create pdf or word documents and have many templates to choose from. I can easily create invoices that automatically calculate hours and wages. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Pages is a great addition to the basic Mac purchase. As a research assistant, I've taught workshops and helped students edit resumes and Pages has offered a great way to structure documents that other document programs. I highly recommend this product people who work in institutions who deal with workshops and need a quick document creator. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only downside is that people with PCs don't have immediate access to Pages. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Pages is the best for designing fun layouts on a document. This is an amazing tool. I used to do layouts on InDesign but Pages has made it so much more accessible and I have taught others in my organization to do the same! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I always had a problem with resumes and working with the perfect margins to squeeze everything into a single page. With Pages, the program makes that all simplified. When you move one text box, it doesn't move all the other text boxes around. I have time and time again gone back to Pages when I need to design some fancy layout on a document, and then export to PDF. Excellent product! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UP
What do you like best?

I love the very clean design of this app. Totally Apple style.

You can create very impressive documents, letters and flyers with graphics for publishing in seconds.

I can create a legal document, a flyer for selling my old stuff and a birthday card for my grandma with the same app. It's awesome! Plus, I can start with my phone when I am on the metro, and finishing it up at home with my Mac. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the limited formatting conditions when importing word files.

I don't like it is Apple only oriented: since I work with people and clients who don't even know the difference between Office and OpenOffice, using Pages make me difficult to share with them, even if the export section is very well done.

A bit more up-designed format section will be easier to use and understand for the newbies. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are into Apple platforms, you MUST use Pages. It's easy to use and makes you get done very quickly with your business. Plus, you can cooperate with others in the same file simultaneously and crossed between devices. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I kill the time doing my stuff because it is very similar and graphic oriented.

I can go on writing my stuff across devices Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Project Manager
What do you like best?

The program I missed the most from my Windows machine is Publisher since it isn't available on Mac, but Pages is almost as good when the goal is to create a pretty looking document in a few minutes, it saves me the hassle of firing up the VM and opening Publisher a task that takes more time than creating the document for our social Thursdays at our office. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Template variety is a lot smaller than in Publisher and I miss the big variety and prettier templates, but for my uses is not that my coworkers care if I use the same template, most of them don't even read them anymore and just show up asking what's the team this month. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's not as great as publisher, but is the next best thing for Mac Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Creating small and quick flyers Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Dr. Codey Pilgrim
What do you like best?

It is simple, easy to use, and straightforward. With Microsoft Word switching to a subscription pricing model instead of a onetime fee, I needed and alternative and Pages nailed it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The task options/toolbars are always presented on the side of the document instead of the top. I would prefer to have toolbars at the top to see more of the document while the toolbars are visible. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use it! I avoid supporting subscription priced software - Pages comes with your Apple products, is well integrated, has excellent file support, and in my opinion should be the future of word-processing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We create fillable documents for daily paperwork, and export as .pdf for sharing and printing. Pages makes it easy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Youth Pastor
What do you like best?

Pages accomplishes what it sets out to do - be a document producing tool. Insofar as that goes, Pages is helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

When compared to Microsoft Word, Pages is incredibly deficient. It doesn't nearly offer the functionality or options that Word does. Additionally, you cannot select and edit multiple words within a document at a time when using Pages. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are considering switching from Word to Pages, do not do it! Stick with Word, even if you're using a MacBook or other Apple computer - just get a version of Word that is compatible with Apple. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Pages helps me write my sermons every week. I can format them and emphasize various parts of the sermon by highlight text, changing font size and text color, and using the outlining options. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UA
What do you like best?

It's easy to use, customizable, reliable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I use it a lot, don't have anything negative to say about it. It easily converts to pdf or dox Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Simple to use. Don’t need office when using a Mac Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use it for certificates, I can drag pictures from the internet to Pages. It's really simple to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UE
What do you like best?

The ease of compatibility when opening .DOC or .DOCX files in an office that has both Mac and PC desktop computers Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes when you open a Word file, you'll get a message about certain fonts missing but on screen, the fonts look the same as the original Word file, so I see no problem. It can be long winded re-saving an edited Word file. You have to make sure you re-save the edited Word file as a .DOC or .DOCX file. You can't just hit command+save otherwise it will save the edit as a Pages file. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If your office has a mix of PC and Mac desktop computers, Pages is a great way of getting around compatibility issues due to the relative ease and straightforwardness of opening, editing and re-saving Word files to send back to your colleagues who are using PC desktop computers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

In an office that has different departments using PC and Mac desktop computers (creative dept), until recently, Apple weren't offering Word in the Mac App store, so I got used to Pages' ease of compatibility with opening Microsoft Word files, editing them, re-saving and sending the files back to colleagues. This method is free rather than bugging the facilities department to buy a copy of Microsoft Word from the App Store. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Social Media Analyst
What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to layout reports and charts. It's easier to use than Word when doing things that aren't writing middle school reports. The collaboration aspect makes it a breeze when having teammates edit or work on reports with you. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The moment a new version is rolled out you loose collaboration capabilities unless you and everyone else you collaborate with update. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Collaborating and making more visually attractive reports. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

US
What do you like best?

I love the compatibility of this software on different devices and its organization through iCloud, that allows me to edit my documents in every moment and everywhere. I really appreciate using it on my iPad where the writing experience is as good as on the iMac. This software can be considered as a competitor to Microsoft Word, though Word still has more features. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The main downside of Pages is that it has less feature and less tools than Word, so there are some compatibility problems between files made on Pages and opened with Word and vice versa; so the text layout sometimes looks different. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Pages had a big impact on my work for many reasons, but especially for the possibility to share documents with a group of people, allowing us to work on the same file or project at the same time, from multiple devices (even with an iPad). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Information Technology Consultant
Consumer Electronics
What do you like best?

I use Pages daily as a design program. It makes page layout, mock web design, and basic clip art design very easy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only feature that I wish it had was more word art options. It doesnt let you do much with text warping. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a look if you have never used it before. It is surprisingly easy to learn and use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It is great when you are working with people that are using both Mac and Windows since it can read both file types. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Peer Leader
What do you like best?

It's a more simplistic version of Word that may not be as feature heavy, but if you're looking for a barebones word processor, Pages is a very good fit. If you're a Mac user, it feels familiar and doesn't have much of a learning curve. It has enough templates to fit different needs and the customization is adequate. I will say that it has gotten better throughout the years. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Reading documents made with other machines and word processors can be difficult, as Pages interprets it in a clunky way and makes it frustrating to work with it. This makes it harder to adopt this software, because you feel like the odd one out and cause more headaches than you should. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Test it out and see if it fits your needs. If you're a devout Office fan, you may have problems at first, so go in knowing this. However, if you're more of a basic user, this is more than enough. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Microsoft Word for Mac had become outdated as I upgraded to newer OSX versions and Office 365 wasn't a possibility for me. Pages updates automatically with the OS and I don't need to worry about that. Also, it has the option to export files in formats that people can access without having Pages themselves. It's a simplistic app and it does what I need it to. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UL
What do you like best?

I love the ease in which you can rearrange graphic elements on a Pages document. I did a class project and it was really easy to rearrange photos and layer different effects. I would recommend this for flyers, picture-oriented documents, and posters. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I had a hard time understand how to change fonts and sizes. It is set up a bit inconveniently and is not easy to add a textbook and alter the text, while also moving it about the page. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend using Pages over Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, Google Docs or Google Sheets. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Pages allowed me to create a social justice piece based on the poem "Cause I Ain't Got a Pencil." I was able to create a impactful visual to accompany a poem using the Pages software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Wireless engineer
What do you like best?

It's a really clean and clutter free editor for good looking documents and reports. Included templates make easier to focus on the content since you can forget about the format and use one of the included templates. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not a lot of support for macros and it's MacOSX only so it's interoperability is not much Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If MacOSX is your main system give pages a try you will not go back Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Creating short documents. Whenever I'm the only one creating a document I use pages instead of using Word. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.