Oracle Primavera

Oracle Primavera

4.0

Oracle's Primavera Enterprise Project Portfolio Management is the most powerful, robust, and easy-to-use solution for globally prioritizing, planning, managing, and executing projects, programs, and portfolios.

Work for Oracle Primavera?

Learning about Oracle Primavera?

Oracle Primavera Reviews

Ask Oracle Primavera a Question
Showing 78 Oracle Primavera reviews
Roberto B.

"Added Features/Functionalities"

What do you like best?

Been using Primavera since 1997. I would be writing a novel if I state here what I want about it. It's still the best scheduling software out there but making some improvements wont be bad as well.

What do you dislike?

I'm going to write here what I hope is in P6 instead of dislikes:

- I wish it will more user-friendly when it comes to formatting and orgazing and would be great if it can have some of the microsoft office similar functionalities.

- Bring the global change back to how it was during the P3 era. Combine the "subject area" into one. In P3, you can find anything you want to use on GC without being limited by groups under the subject area. Example if I need to use a formula that involves two items belonging from 2 different subject areas. I can't do this anymore unlike in P3 where all these items can be selected in one global change item.

- Partial scheduling. This is available in MS Project and is quite useful.

- Partial baseline. This is also available in MSP and is really useful.

- Cell or row fill

- Cell or row individual formatting.

- Live baseline like in P3. I hope this is an option. Aside of converting a separate project as baseline like now. In P3 you can choose an existing project in the database to be your baseline and that project remains to be a separate project and doesn't have to disappear because it became a baseline.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a try.

I've been in construction for about 20 years. I've been mainly using Primavera for creating schedule, reviewing submissions and managing the project.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Oracle Primavera
Ayoola Adegbite M.

"Oracle primavera is a powerful and gold standard enterprise project management tool "

What do you like best?

P6 primavera Resource management

P6 Scheduling and critical path analysis is very useful when managing large portfolios of projects and programmes and interdependencies.

Cost management

Earned value management system for performance measurement and project control

Primavera P6 Visualiser is very good for plan on page PoaP

Primavera risk analysis for schedule risk analysis and stochastic predictions of project completion dates and key milestones especially for projects with high level of uncertainty and rapidly changing parameters.

What do you dislike?

Reporting capabilities layout and report wizard need to be more user friendly and easy to customer .Report outputs should be easy to export to MS suite with losing the formatting e.g excel .

Primavera TeamMember should be more user friendly e.g user should be able to see all project activities and more view options

Visualizer is often slow to render output and can do with more customisation options for the group and sort

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Very robust enterprise portfolio project management tool

Require patience as it’s a steep curve for beginners or recent adopters

Production Management info visualisation main project activities using TSLD and plan on a page

Scheduling and Managing interdependence between large portfolio of integrated projects and programmes

Cost and resource management of large programmes

What Construction Management solution do you use?

Morné B.

"Great CPM planning tool but in need of some new advancements"

What do you like best?

Primavera represents a world class CPM planning tool, utilising the new Oracle 11g database and easy install features has made life a lot simpler in installing and administering the tool. Connecting to multiple databases for large projects on a standalone basis makes it easy for hardcore planners to move between mega project setups.

The resource database, codes, calendars and baseline management tools assists in giving project controls real time data and management functionality.

What do you dislike?

I have tried Safran's planning tool recently and I was impressed. The core scheduling functions are there but lo someone is finally paying attention to our reporting requirements. The days of having to export and manipulate all data to Excel is soon going to be in the past. Graphs are instantaneous and the reports are good enough to inform team members real time. We just don't have time or resources to be exporting and setting up macros to manipulate data into something representative of a half decent report.

The build in risk functions impressed me allowing one to do high-level quick analysis or detailed schedule risk analysis. Bonus again I work in one tool and don't have to pay for additional software or licenses.

I worked with the schedule analyser for a bit but saw enough to be convinced. It's fast and gives me the answers i need regarding the schedule I am querying. No need to spend ages setting up the Primavera schedule analysis tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Sort out the reporting functionality, it's been years and there is no decent S-curve yet. This is surely not that difficult considering the strength of the other features. Beef up risk and schedule analysis to make program management easier I terms of analysing contractor schedules.

I am planning mega projects in the mining environment. Primavera lets me do planning in a tool that I have confidence in, forecasts are accurate and consistent providing the teams with data to make decisions.

Richard S.

"Oracle Primavera Software is great, but could be excellent."

What do you like best?

The ease and intuitive method of schedule building. Schedule reporting is comprehensive and limited only to the imagination.

What do you dislike?

The lack of reporting for non-labor resources. Commodity curves are at the forefront of most projects, and it is a struggle to produce them straight from the software.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I have seen Oracle Primavera implemented with other software (SAP), and work successfully, if planned and tested by people who know how to do it correctly. I have also seen attempts to work around a proper implementation fail miserably. It does work, just make sure you get the proper help when implementing it for your company.

Resource loading and forecasting have become effortless with the curves,calendars, and logic. The added risk analysis software is also becoming more prevalent in the industry, and provides the insight that many owners are demanding.

User in Construction

"Working Together with Oracle"

What do you like best?

Oracle offers a platform for general contractors to bring construction management into one very easy to use program. Have subcontractors do their product submittals, have general contractors review them and have the architects review and submit approvals or changes. This software also hosts a wide variety of different products as well for the construction industry. From payment systems like Textura, to analytics and project management options.

What do you dislike?

My experience with costumer support has been very sluggish and seemingly not very helpful when questions do occur. The product is not very agile and does take a while to learn how to correctly use each software.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

When considering Oracle for Submittals and Project documents, I would strongly encourage you to look at Submittal Exchange. Keep in mind there are other programs out there like Procore or BuildingConnected with similar features. Oracle Primeveras Textura for payments is relatively easy to use as well for billing purposes, but easier solutions do exist.

This product is mainly used by my company to do project submittals and project payment applications. It is an easy to use platform once you have learned where to find each function. The benefits of this software compared to other software or no software I would say is ease of use/ everything in one place.

"A solid piece of software with a 20 year old mindset"

What do you like best?

Stable & fast with large data sets, decent amount of flexibility, credibility as an industry standard

What do you dislike?

In general the software feels like it is 20 years old. Some functions and menu items are hard to find, exporting data to other software is challenging, gantt chart graphics haven't changed, user is often forced to do repetitive actions to accomplish tasks. Gantt charts generally poorly illustrate complex logic ties. Lack of flexibility. Lack of power user friendly keyboard shortcuts. There is probably software you can pay extra for but it seems like I (as the scheduler) have to update absolutely everything. Where are the automated data pulls or external data sources?

Recommendations to others considering the product:

For most implementations you basically need to have a person largely dedicated to operating the software. You can't reasonably expect a PM to do it as a portion of their overall responsibilities like you might expect them to use MS Project.

To be honest at times it seems like we are just doing it to say we do it. In my current role most of the benefit is derived from the exercise in sitting down and planning the project the first time as compared to tracking progress over time.

"Happy Primavera User"

What do you like best?

Primavera is a powerful tool that instills the professional standards of the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK). I enjoy using the tool as it is very solid, robust, and predictable.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that the tool is out of reach of most small to medium size companies. In the past Primavera had SureTrak to compete directly with MS Project. I would like to see a modern SureTrak emerge once again.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Oracle Primavera is a very solid tool. I call it a "Workhorse " as it is performs very well. I am also referring to the Professional Client version, not the web version. I have used both and strongly prefer the Professional version.

Scheduling our large Railroad Electronics programs. This includes planning and organizing many technical segments located in various cities. We use the tool to optimize our resource usage and create progress reports for both internal and client management.

Aaron G.

"Primavera Delivers"

What do you like best?

Primavera was developed by a team that understands construction. The software offers a variety of tools, from standard scheduling and critical path calculations to resource leveling. Primavera is a robust tool capable of complex calculations during the preconstruction phase and allows for easy updating during the project.

What do you dislike?

Primavera requires a decent amount of time allocated for training. and even then the system is not exactly intuitive. However, after you have been using the system for a month, these issues start to disappear. The other issue is that Primavera does not provide aesthetic tools for presentations but does allow for exporting your schedule to Microsoft Project where more formatting can be done.

We use Primavera for the whole construction process. During preconstruction, our superintendents use it to create a schedule and then update it throughout the process. Primavera is the perfect tool for taking their knowledge and making schedules for the project management team and owners.

"Oracle Support for P6"

What do you like best?

Speed and reliability. Ease of use for new users. It takes 3-6 months to become proficient with the software, but the ease of use is the real selling point for me.

What do you dislike?

Very difficult to obtain Reliable IT support

Cost loading is tedious and is often difficult to understand limited columns. It feels as though P6 wasn't designed for the construction industry.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

P6 is great software. However, it's not always ideal for the Construction Industry. The cost loading is tedious and P6 itself has quirks the user becomes accustomed too.

Ease of construction scheduling to reflect impacts for a time Impact analysis

C

"The Best in Class Enterprise Project Management Application!"

What do you like best?

It has been equipped with many powerful capabilities for managing complex projects. I personally really like Earned Value Management (EVM) concepts that have been incorporated into the application. In addition, risk analysis tools are impressive too such as predicting the project and tasks completion dates.

What do you dislike?

It's a huge platform and definitely needs trainings. Also, it may be a little pricey for small to medium sized companies.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Oracle Primavera, specifically P6, is definitely a powerful tool with lots of functionalities but it needs training and there may be better and cheaper options in the market for small to medium or less complex projects.

It has been designed to simplify the management of projects at the enterprise level. We specifically leveraged this tool for scheduling, cost, and risk management purposes.

User in Civil Engineering

"A simple yet a very advanced project management software"

What do you like best?

The software is very easy to learn it only took me a couple of days to learn it and start working on my first project with it. it has a lot of features and lets you include almost all of the details a project can have. It's very efficient for big projects with many branched activities. you can add all types of files you need to any section of the project so that it makes your project as inclusive as ever.

What do you dislike?

It needs to have better integration with third-party software so that we can export from it to other softwares. Graphics and user interface need get a nice boost.It doesn't have a mobile platform only works on desktop.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's the one of the best professional project management softwares

We used Primavera for our construction projects. It was very very handy and saved us a lot of time. it has all the features a complex type of projects like the construction projects would need: budgeting, WBS, EPS, Calendar, Resources, timeline and floats. We also could attach to it any type of file we needed so that all the data we would need can be found in one place.

"makes managing client accounts incredibly easy"

What do you like best?

i like that it's designed around Windows, but can still be used on a Mac. We have some devices that are company-issued that are all Windows centered, but still have a couple of project-purchased Apple products. it's definitely easy enough for us all to use, but count on still having to do a little bit of manual input (still saves lots of time though!).

What do you dislike?

it's definitely formatted around managing bigger accounts - we wouldn't use this for managing different projects under different clients. we can set KPI's but it isn't the easiest to view which KPI's belong to which project. something just a quick update would fix

Recommendations to others considering the product:

we enjoy using this but still have to rely on our internal team to create our own documents. wish there was just a bit more integration!

it gives our company a way for different heads of projects/clients to contribute data to the same software which saves us lots of manual input time

"Review for Primavera P6"

What do you like best?

I like the comprehensiveness it possesses, the quality of user interface it offers, and the speed with which it works. I would recommend it to every user; novice or pro.

What do you dislike?

I do not like the fact that it is a little more than too detailed. More than too often, we are confused by the various unknown features or features that are way above our level and expertise.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You should have a basic knowledge of project planning and scheduling concepts which helps in the long run. Also, you should have a basic understanding of how MS Project works, because it will help you use P6 more efficiently.

I used it for project planning and scheduling. I also used it for cost input of various activities that helped me get a cost loaded schedule.

"Best Scheduling Software"

What do you like best?

Easy to use and understand. Project management becomes easy with a software like this. It helps in generating reports as per the clients needs. We can make changes without breaking a sweat. Can generate Gantt Charts as per our requirement.

What do you dislike?

Print feature and settings needs to be fixed. There are bugs in it. While exporting the file the size automatically crosses 4-5MB coz of the bug in the software which has to be fixed immediately.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Its currently the best software for project management and once you start using it you wont switch ever. With minimal training anyone can start generating schedules on it. Very Easy to understand. Every function is there in the software.

We do all our schedules on this software only. Being in construction it becomes easy to manage a complicated schedule on primavera.

User in Construction

"Better Than Some, Worse Than Others"

What do you like best?

It is very easy to use as well as to learn. I also appreciate that the modules speak to each other so items don't have to be attached in different places.

What do you dislike?

The limitations of the characters are aggravating and there is more information that would be helpful if there was a place to enter it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I think it is a mid-level, acceptable program. I liked Timberline much better but Oracle is still worlds better than Viewpoint, which is what we switched to and are currently using.

We use it to produce our purchase orders and subcontracts and to track our compliance. It is much easier than having to send an email to others in the company every time we create these forms or upload something.

Sean K.

"Great PPM software for mature and complex Enterprise environments."

What do you like best?

1. Overall the tool allow for Roadmap planning and manage small to large programs.

2. Ability to create plan template so PM/Team Leads can plan from template with complete SDLC like project with ability to customize for each project. Improves planning cycle and plan completeness for delivery.

3. Resource Planning is easy across all or portfolio of projects.

4. Ability to use to track and manage Business projects

5. Easy to integrate with Project Costing tools to manage CapEx projects and financial systems

What do you dislike?

For small/lightweight projects this can be overkill tool to manage projects. Keep the plan simple and repeatable for these projects and report on key milestones as an example (Can be overcome by using plan template for small/repeatable projects.

Learning curve for someone that has only used MS Project is a challenge. People that have used other PM products other than MS Projects has easier time.

Time to address bugs in application can be challenged depending on relationship with Oracle.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

- Invest the time and money to train users on how to use the tool to improve the adoption and usage of the product.

- Reporting across multiple projects is limited in product for advanced reporting look into using Primavera Portfolio Management module. You may find PPM V6 meets your needs which we did as well initially.

Drive consistent project plans and metrics to manage and measure project progress. Also to plan Roadmap projects and define resource demand by skills for these project to understand skills demand to our current workforce.

Daniel F.

"Proper Project Management"

What do you like best?

Oracle Primavera is straight forward and easy to use. Allows a lot of power and functionality without too much complication.

What do you dislike?

The interface has a rather old-fashioned feel to it. It's written for modern operating systems, however, can have a Windows 98 feel sometimes.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Oracle Primavera is one of the top names in the business for project management. I'd recommend it in a heartbeat.

My group uses Primavera primarily for time tracking purposes. We can easily enter our hours, as does other groups, thus projects throughout the company can be effortlessly assessed regarding who's doing the work and how much time is being dedicated.

Stephanie C.

"Great for a more complex project but not for me"

What do you like best?

Primavera is very customizable and if you have the right training, you can really get a lot out of the software (great schedule baselining, tracking, management, and reporting).

What do you dislike?

It's a very cumbersome software and takes a good amount of training to become efficient with it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

if your project has a higher level of complexity and you need very intricate reporting abilities, this software has all of the bells and whistles. I think it's a great software, just not for a more straightforward project.

Unfortunately, the series of projects that I'm working on move very quickly and change often. Since I'm newer to the software, it seems like it takes too much effort to get what I could really get out of the MS Project Enterprise software. I mentioned this in another review for Project, but P6 is like Lamborghini you have that you never actually drive anywhere unless it's for a special event since the Camry gets the job done with less gas and more comfort/peace of mind.

Frank "Mac" S.

"Cumbersome and overly complicated"

What do you like best?

This is a very powerful and feature rich tool.

What do you dislike?

This tool requires so many mouse clicks and offers more features than most people need. It is very overwhelming and has a steep learning curve.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be careful before you switch. There is a lot of intense training required to learn the software.

Project management

Angelique H.

"Modules covering your projects from Soup to Nuts"

What do you like best?

Primavera modules cover the entire project...

Preconstruction and budgets to Mobilization through closeout

What do you dislike?

With any software,, to track completely and thoroughly, Alot of work on the front end to set up is necessary.. My experience with this software seemed to have quite a bit more than other programs I've used.

Plan storage & Drawing references, Punch Lists and grid area set ups need major tweaking.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Check out Procore first!

Tying in all contracts, commitments, PCO s and CORs

Kurt M.

"Quit trying to make P6 something it isnt"

What do you like best?

As far as a CPM software, it is great, but you screwed it up when you attached it to a database with limits.

What do you dislike?

I hate the database. Once it fills up, you cant open or close anything

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Good luck with service when your database fills up

Great for scheduling until I run out of database space

Mike M.

"Good Product, upgrades made are good"

What do you like best?

The ability to use multiple products and combine together

What do you dislike?

Product is very expensive and it is slow moving between modules

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Good product but expensive and lots for work getting it implemented correctly.

Allowing to combine accounting with scheduling with project management

Anna S.

"scheduling"

What do you like best?

amount of details that can be addedd to the schedule

What do you dislike?

cost of the software is rather high for small companies. complexity of software. requires good training to be proficient user.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Complex solution to project management. Excellent scheduling software. Rather expensive for small companies though, that are contractually required to use it on the projects.

scheduling. easy reporting

Simon C W.

"P6 "

What do you like best?

That SQL is now the database of choice. It is an industry standard, but the industry should do better.

What do you dislike?

Legacy 20 year upgrades that are memory hungry and unwieldy. Needs a big data rethink....... Clean sheet of paper...... Project grouping and number of projects needs to be rethought......

Fprensic delay analysis and interim programme management on major investments - Not many

Manish S.

"Fast and intuitive"

What do you like best?

Very easy to track and manage project resources and split the hours across multiple tasks. It has excellent reporting capabilities as well to give a real time view to the management about the project health and overall status.

What do you dislike?

Somewhat difficult to update the tasks dependencies for bulk tasks

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Its a tool for mid to large size project and definitely better compared to other project management tool available in the market

We have many projects involving different workstreams or line of business. For such projects involving multiple workstreams, Primavera helps track the work separately. This has made the resource tracking available real time and convenient

"I like it ok but I feel like there are better options"

What do you like best?

I like that it stores a lot of data and is easy to search.

What do you dislike?

It's slow, didn't load/upload fast enough

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's not a bad product, but we are currently beta testing some newer products because this one just did not suit our business needs. It did the job ok, but there were bugs and it just didn't have the right feel for our company. It was more costly in terms of time wasted and having to create additional work to track all the things we needed. We are beta testing a new program that makes oracle seem alot like the AIM days of messenger.

None, I'm actually currently seeking new products that can do what oracle does better

UO
User in Oil & Energy

"Project Manager Review of P6"

What do you like best?

The program simple to use and provides all the tools and features necessary to develop and execute a schedule effectively.

What do you dislike?

The report building and charting features could use some overal hauling. The report builder is difficult to use develop custom reports and modify existing reports to meet individual needs.

I was prompted to use the program by my Vice President. He has extensive experience and has been a good mentor to date. Being a Microsoft guy and mainly on MS Project my learning curve was less than a green user. The problem of having incosistent schedules have been solved and we are not running with what is consider a industry standard.

C

"Senior planning manager, and senior construction project manager"

What do you like best?

Most used software for construction project management, it covers the most of the project management components

What do you dislike?

Complicated, so not all features are used easily to manage the projects, limited server size of the stand alone copies.

Crucial tool for any construction project, to follow up and monitoring the progress of the work, and checking the fulfillment to contract conditions in terms of time and cost and many other related topics of project construction.

It is the single tool for delay analysis and time extension assessment

ET
Executive Sponsor in Telecommunications

"review of Oracle Primavera"

What do you like best?

a lot of feature to completely manage projects and project portfolio

very stable product

good support

What do you dislike?

high price and maintenance costs

quite complex architecture of solutoin

Recommendations to others considering the product:

make a good plan for implementation - what and how you Will cover in your projects

define policites and rules before implementation

check what integration with other applications do you need and how you Will implement them.

check pricing and evaluate best scenario for implemenation (on-premise installation or maybe use solution in the Cloud)

completely manage anc control projects (for costumers, internal projects)

product development is done over running different projects

also managing rsk on projects

"Primavera Review"

What do you like best?

1) easy to understand

2) can be used to handle complicated projects

What do you dislike?

1) dull user interface

2) the fact that you cannot change or know the float of activities that have been completed in the past.

You can only change the activities happening in the present and the ones about to happen in the future.

Hence, people are moving to a different software called NetPoint which uses Graphical Path Method instead of the Critical Path Method that is used by Primavera.

Scheduling of Construction Projects

"Definitive tool for CAPEX projects"

What do you like best?

The robstuness and complete features to manage huge CAPEX projects is what makes Primvavera the definitive solution for large and complex capital projects.

What do you dislike?

Should have more advanced analytics in line with the new era of digital, but still outstanding.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You need to invest time and training efforts in order to deeply understand the solution. But once you are adapted to the learning curve, you will take advante of this complete solution.

Program Management

Portfolio Management

Capital Projects Management

Progress tracking Management

User in Civil Engineering

"Oracle Primavera Schedule and Contract Management Tool"

What do you like best?

I love these applications for the construction industry. Right now these are the best applications to utilize on construction projects big and small.

What do you dislike?

For contract management some portions of the applications are antiquated. The applications are also very pricey since being purchased by oracle.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is the best in the construction industry.

I utilize this to manage contracts throughout the life time of the project. It is easy to use, once you have learned how to utilize one aspect of the application you can utilize most of the other portions of the product.

"Project Schedule"

What do you like best?

It is an excellent software for construction work, and it is essential for a construction company.

Deal with the project schedule, and you can add activities manpower and materials.

What do you dislike?

It is not easy to use, you should read about it and/or take a course.

You should have construction background to deal with.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Anyone in construction field should try it, makes the project easier to be on the right track.

Is dealing with construction projects timing so that the companies can meet the target date for site completion.

arun a.

"Good planning software less efficient in monitoring "

What do you like best?

In primavera what i like best is the scheduling feature .

What do you dislike?

Difficulty to update in standalone version.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Good Software for scheduling your project

With primavera it became easy to schedule large and complex projects.

Steve H.

"Primavera Scheduling Platform Review"

What do you like best?

Primavera, when compared to other scheduling products may seem complex and overwhelming at first, but I have used it in many different applications for resource loaded and non resource loaded schedules. When the program settings are set up correctly it is an easy program to use and can be used at an advanced or basic scheduling level of understanding. Other products do not have this flexibility.

What do you dislike?

The amount of options to set to get a simple or advanced schedule system are difficult to navigate if you are unfamiliar with the product, there should be standard setups with standard settings for various project & schedule types.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Review the training guides and use the support Oracle offers, ensure you review and play with all the settings. Typical errors come when users aren't familiar with calendar types, assigning work hours to resources and creating calendar work schedules that differ between resources and activity types.

I have used Primavera for scheduling industrial (energy sector) construction projects and have realized benefits of robust critical path analysis, resource leveling and forecasting as well as large schedule EVMS applications to report earned value.

User in Construction

"Robust scheduling software with a wide variety of applications"

What do you like best?

- Fast, efficient scheduling of activities

- Lots of customisation of views

- Ability to incorporate costs, resources, labour, etc

- Baseline comparisons

- Programming of filters

What do you dislike?

- Steep learning curve

- Little usage outside large construction companies

- Some tools are difficult to locate

- Few visual reporting tools

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Invest in proper training to get full use of software

- Construction Scheduling

- Resource Management (Crane Hook scheduling)

- Critical Path Monitoring

- Baseline Comparison

- Resource Leveling (Labour)

"Primavera P6"

What do you like best?

I like that it's a fairly easy program to start using. Creating a project and adding activities is pretty straightforward. I also like that it can be resource loaded and used for more than just scheduling. It will keep track of earned value as well which is very beneficial.

What do you dislike?

I think my biggest complaint about P6 is it doesn't make use of some of the typical computer operations. For example, in almost any program when you right click on something it selects it and gives you a drop-down menu of options. In P6 you can right click and get a drop-down menu but it will be for the item selected previously. Right clicking doesn't not also select the item so you have to be careful not to make changes to when thing when you think you're making changes to another. Also, you can't double click on a project to open it. You have to select it, then right click and choose open. It seems like small things but when you're in a rush to get things finished it slows you down.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

P6 is the way to go if you want to get into scheduling. More and more companies are using this software.

At my current company we don't use P6 to its fullest. We strictly use it for scheduling. The advantage to using it though is that many of our clients require that we submit our schedule to them in P6 so we would limit ourselves by not using it.

EA
Executive Sponsor in Aviation & Aerospace

"A powerful project management tool"

What do you like best?

Primavera s a very robust project scheduling tool, capable of scheduling, resource forecasting and management across an enterprise.

What do you dislike?

Primavera has a very steep learning curve.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

When deploying it is critical to find highly trained and experienced users to administer it.

We use Primavera to develop integrated project schedules that allow us to see all work content across the entire business overlayed on itself. In addition, it allows us to manage our resources, allowing us to budget resources and record actual time spent on a project.

"Primavera P6 EPPM"

What do you like best?

Oracle Primavera can be used by a standalone windows application, web client or mobile client, it ssupports multiple projects, simultaneous multi-user access and resource control capabilities with support for multi-tiered project hierarchies, nice charts and customizable views.

What do you dislike?

1.- Oracle Primavera is ver very expensive.

2.- Oracle Primavera P6 Client work _only_ on Windows Operating System.

3.- Oracle Primavera should implement 2FA or another security system authentication.

4.- Oracle Primaver mobile application for not can be used with self-signed SSL certificate on the server.

5.- Primavera EPPM versión 8.3.1.0 (B029) is not certifcate with RAC by provider/vendor.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You should consider issues with java version and license purchasing.

We have a PMO team, they facilitates project communication, roles and responsibilities between all IT teams and organization directors.

"Primavera P6"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, graphics, reporting features, it is the industry standard

What do you dislike?

Web version is very different from the client version. Needs to be one single web based application. Can't work remotely in the client version effectively.

We use it for scheduling all of our projects.

"A Project Must"

What do you like best?

Its an absolute need to have all project data and especially the projects time phased in an overall portfolio. The ability to keep the project work schedule and details inside the Primavera database is beneficial for project level management and operational management.

What do you dislike?

The lack of or lesser ability to make and work with sub-projects.

Resource planning by department. This helps find work load lows and spikes.

Rajeev N.

"User Friendly!"

What do you like best?

The reporting feature. Able to create amazing reports, in a highly detailed and efficient manner.

What do you dislike?

Everyone is allowed to manipulate data. This is not good in a matrix environment - it can allow for many mistakes.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take a training class to know the depth of the product. Make sure that you are in control of your own customized views, to make project management easier for you.

Allocating resources to project, and budget tracking for projects. Primavera is very useful in making sure budgets are in green, as well as knowing what resources are billing to which activities.

Julianna M.

"Primavera Review"

What do you like best?

Scheduling capabilities. Linked activities.

What do you dislike?

User interface is convulutedis ggetting better with the user interface

Use it for scheduling. Primavera Web services are great and Primavera Web is getting a lot better.

David C.

"Underused product in firm"

What do you like best?

Our company uses Primavera to track Capital improvements. It can take schedules and costs as well as various phases of the project

What do you dislike?

Not very user friendly and our company is probably only using about 20% of the capabilities of Primavera. Training for the program has a high learning curve.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

have staff be properly trained in all aspects of the program since it can be overwhelming.

Tracking of capital improvements among the many assets our company manages and must keep in good working condition

William T.H. C.

"A review of a powerful project management software "

What do you like best?

Seamlessly integrated all aspects of project scheduling, portfolio management, resource management and earned value analysis all on one platform

What do you dislike?

Some incompatability with other project scheduling softwares such as Microsoft Project when doing import or export.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a MUST for project managers, schedulers to use and master this software as this is one of the most advanced and practical solution to all project scheduling solutions and if not, it is like you have never use a smart phone in this modern world.

Project scheduling, resource allocation and earned value management.

Yunlong(Tommy) X.

"Primavera P6 makes Project Management easier"

What do you like best?

The web interface is easy to use. The new team-member is much better than before which we are now using to assign tasks to different department for status update.

What do you dislike?

JRE compatibility with CM. Some users need to use both P6 and CM. They use different version of JRE which is difficult to handle.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It would be good if there are more types of graphs available.

Primavera helps us update and maintain project schedules. Team member makes it easier to cooperate among different use groups.

Pedro J.

"Enjoyable software"

What do you like best?

Simplicity, Complexity, its enjoyable to use, everyone can use it without any problems.

What do you dislike?

I have nothing to dislike in this software.

Im Just a employe, i cant solve any problems

Vince D.

"Primavera P6R8.3 Best Planning Tool on the Market"

What do you like best?

Very versatile tool for activity and resource planning. The capacity planning module through the web allows you to see resource spreads across multiple projects.

What do you dislike?

The inability to show different duration types in one layout.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for a database for multiple users updating schedules and for resource forecasting, Primavera is a great product.

Engineering, Procurment, Transportation, and Installation planning focused on critical paths. Benefits of seeing what is driving activities for the successful completion of the project.

AM
Administrator in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

"Overall great experience "

What do you like best?

I like the ease of setting up and using multiple projects at once. I can open one project at a time or open multiple projects at once to see what's happening with my resources. I also like the ease of setting up project specific resources.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the cost feature in Primavera. It's not easy to setup and very hard to actually track. It's best to take primavera training since trying to figure out how to use it as you go is very hard to do. The help feature hasn't been very helpful to me in the past.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Yes I do recommend oracle. The biggest issue is ease of installation. This program is a nightmare to install!

We are solving resource issues as a company. We've been able to setup individual projects and resource load them. We can pull all the projects together and see where our bottle necks are at. We've benefited in our engineering department by being able to forecast where our work load is light and heavy.

UO
User in Oil & Energy

"Project Management & Scheduling"

What do you like best?

P6 is data driven. What helps is it allows you to customize the reports as per the organization needs. Based on the organization size and needs, the software can be customized. Many times for small organizations/ Or small projects, inputting complex data is not required while for larger projects complex data analysis is needed. P6 platform fits into both small as well as big organization needs. This also helps to start with small project with minimum data change the schedule as the project grows.

What do you dislike?

P6 is a data driven software platform. As you work, any input/changes is reflected live. Its difficult to Undo the changes. May be an automated snapshot backups allowing the user to document or undo the changes might be helpful

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Attend Oracle Training. Its very informative and helpful. There is lot to learn and it will give you a jump start.

We have been using P6 for both doing Engineering Scheduling as well as helping the clients to do construction schedules. Schedules details depends from Level 1 to Level 5 depending on the projects.

Learn more about Oracle Primavera

Oracle Primavera Videos

Learning about Oracle Primavera?

* We monitor all Oracle Primavera reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.