Nexcess Reviews & Product Details

Nexcess Overview

What is Nexcess?

Nexcess provides web hosting solutions from shared hosting and virtual private servers to dedicated servers, server clusters, and equipment co-location. We own and operate our Dearborn, Michigan based Data Center and serve clients worldwide. Our knowledgeable staff is available on-site 24/7.

Nexcess Details

Nexcess™ we've focused on one thing since day one: Superior Hosting Solutions. Today, our focus hasn't changed, but our products, our services and our facilities have.

Nexcess
2000
Southfield, MI
@nexcess

Answer a few questions to help the Nexcess community
Have you used Nexcess before?

Nexcess Reviews

Showing 11 Nexcess reviews
Already have Nexcess?
UA
What do you like best?

Their marketing skills to impress to new people. And their dashboard is also very good. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Their magento 2 performance is very bad.

Website may go down anytime. Their resources for magento cloud server are very less - even if you take their 299 USD plan for 100 concurrent users. It will not become useful for you. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Never -

Or we can refer Nexcess to our competitors to make their website down Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Server downtime is very very high.

Resources allocated are very less. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Pricing is ok. Ease of use also. Seems like good deal advertised. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Poor support. On urgent matters like site down support needed more than 5 hours to respond. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are using magento based ecommerce web site on their servers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The support provided for Magento is the best out there. I have worked with a dozen or so hosts and none of them provide the in depth knowledge of the platform and how it interacts with the server. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I dislike and have no complaints. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Working with Magento requires specialized knowledge that not all hosts have, but they do. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Founder
What do you like best?

Nothing too good. The only thing is that their customer service response fast Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Performances. Their servers was very slow compared to Rackspace's one. Also they tried to force me to stay for a second year when the contract was for only one Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Stay away Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I had a terrible experience with Nexcess.

I have 2 main sites using Magento 2 Enterprise edition.

I wanted Nexcess to host both of them and signed for a plan that should be strong enough for both.

I decided first to move only one of my sites in order to check the performances. When I did so I noticed that although it was the one who had less traffic out of my two sites, it was substantially slower than the one who hosted on Rackspace on a plan that cost half of the one on Nexcess!

We tried with their support team to improve things but they never succeeded to match the performances of the Rackspace one (not to mention that they were supposed to be better because of the twice more expensive plan!).

I asked to cancel and was told that I have a one year contract that I cannot cancel. So I had to stay with two plans because did not want to move my other site to the weaker environment. At the end of the year contract I told Nexcess that the year ended and I want to move all to Rackspace and I was told that I'm six days late in my response and that they already did their yearly plan and that I have to continue for an additional year!

They forgot that I wanted to move before, they forgot that I signed only for one year, and that if it was for two, they have proposed me when I signed a better price from day one and I said that I want to pay more and to commit for only one year.

At the bottom line their servers cannot match the leading hosts and the company isn't honest.

So be careful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AS
What do you like best?

Service and support when we need it is always there at a moments notice. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It would be great if we could get in NGINX for our dedicated servers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

They are our exclusive hosting partner for all of our websites. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Creative Director
What do you like best?

Customer support is always available and ready to help. Even in the dead of night. They are always helpful and engaging. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The cost is a little higher than most of the other platforms available for hosting a magento site. But the support more than makes up for it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Don't wait. Do it. You will be happy with the support team alone. They are available 24/7 and will make sure that you are always happy with the results. The cloud is the best solution for anyone with a Magento website. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Moved the company site to the cloud server that they have available and have seen increased performance. Not hindered by bandwidth issues anymore. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Digital Media Manager
What do you like best?

They are proactive with all problems on the site we host with them and provide scaleable cloud hosting for our magento sites. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We have had our site crash due to similar issues but the Nexcess team is always on it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We were hosting our site through another provider but Nexcess provided a solid scaleable solution when we switched to Magento. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AA
What do you like best?

Support and price is the best, they help me the most with support and always get what i ask done. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

hard to say, i dislike running out of space and they only other plan is more expensive to upgrade. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

solving problems with slow hosting providers, nexcess is the way to go for a speedy website. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Business & eCommerce Consulting
Internet
What do you like best?

I have been with Nexcess for many years. I host my sites and my client's sites with Nexcess. They are reliable and customer service is fast. I use them for Magento and WordPress. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish they used CPanel for site management instead of Interworx's Siteworx. CPanel is so much better than Siteworx which isn't intuitive and very, very dated. Thankfully you rarely use it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need a reliable host with great customer service, certainly consider Nexcess. If you have a lot of sites to maintain, know that they don't use Cpanel. This might be a deal breaker for some. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Nexcess provide reliable hosting with little to no downtime. I am hosting my website and sites for my clients. I trust Nexcess! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Application Developer
Retail
What do you like best?

There wasn't a lot to like about nexcess. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nexcess organizes their policies around getting more money out of you, not providing a good service. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would highly recommend looking elsewhere. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We were trying to solve the problem of needing our website hosted in the cloud. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Principal
Internet
What do you like best?

Great uptime, generally responsive support, good pricing, strong hosting control panel. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes their techs are unfamiliar with the finer aspects of ExpressionEngine, a CMS they support. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's a no-brainer unless you have high capacity/bandwidth needs (1M hits/day, video hosting, etc). In that case, do your research. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Nexcess has been our go-to host for several years. Their relatively quick setup, full-featured hosting control panel and SSH allows us to deploy websites with minimal hassle. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.