Microsoft Operations Management Suite

3.9

Gain visibility and control across your hybrid cloud with simplified operations management and security

Work for Microsoft Operations Management Suite?

Learning about Microsoft OMS?

Microsoft Operations Management Suite Reviews

Showing 95 Microsoft OMS reviews
Alexander Marra M.

"Usefull for IT management in cloud solutions and instrumentation"

What do you like best?

Shows very clear and direct informations about instrumentation of cloud solutions, infortunelly, I can't offer more comments because I am not the administrator. But the look and feel of application it's very easy. The environment seems to be like Power BI, the design looks very clear and easy to use you can use the interface on mobile as well.

What do you dislike?

Don't see connection to another types of instrumentations, but this can occur because I'm not administrator of this Operations Suite.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It will be usefull when you have Azure applications and need to get instrumentation about it. Including the information about the data load, processor consuming, memmory consuming and how the application behavior affects the machines performance at all.

We can measure the load of process when we start data load processing on SQL. Other feature are measuring the information about IIS and how the .Net applications behaviors affects the virtual servers. We have some views about memmory consumption, CPU, HDD read and write, also the network load of applications and transmission of data.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Microsoft Operations Management Suite
Emmanuel E.

"Controlar su infraestructura y operaciones con una suite "

What do you like best?

Lo que mejor aporta SC es la integración de sus soluciones, desde empezar con soluciones de más ejecución como VM, CM o DPM a soluciones de monitoreo SCOM a SCSM que ayuda a organizar las operaciones en tiquetes y por último terminar con Orchestrator, que junta todas las piezas para lograr una verdadera automatización de los procesos.

What do you dislike?

Las consolas de administración no tienen el mejor diseño, además la creación de dashboards o reportes no es la más amigable.

Por ejemplo SCOM aunque trae muchos datos, se queda corto en la simplicidad de creación de dashborads.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Se necesita tener conocimiento de infraestructura para poder hacer un filtrado de alertas

Administración de la infraestructura, además del diseño de servicios y monitoreo de los mismos.

Integración del sistema de HelpDesk y resolución de incidentes.

What Enterprise IT Management Suites solution do you use?

Cary W.

"Powerful, but is not intuitive..."

What do you like best?

Microsoft OMS is very powerful (Maybe too powerful). When you first begin, it is a completely blank canvas. That is fine if you are a painter, but not so much if you are hoping to get something showing up in short order.

What do you dislike?

Way too complex! In looking over the application, I found that I felt like I had to go to a couple of college courses before I was going to get anywhere. There are so many products out there that out of the box start showing some value (minimal, but existent).

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're a Microsoft house and are solely using Azure, you might want to tough it out, take classes, and maybe even drop a little coin on professional services to assist with the deployment. If, however, you are using multiple cloud platforms, I'd suggest you do some digging in to alternative solutions.

Looking for a tool that provides a broad overview of the current state of operations within our environment.

Imran K.

"I recommend Microsoft Operations Management Suite"

What do you like best?

I like the app because of the ease of use and because I can use it on my cell phone.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I dislike about this product (so far).

I don't need to carry my laptop all the time to use this application, I can use it on my cell phone. So not having to use a laptop is helpful.

Rob G.

"Works OK - has it's quirks and issues but overall is OK"

What do you like best?

Alerting of servers and computers that have issues and are sent directly to my cell phone as a text - with full information on the alert.

What do you dislike?

Alerts don't always go to the right group - if several alerts are generated at one time, it sometimes doesn't create a ticket.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The software has all the components needed to manage the environment - it has it's quirks, but it still is a solid program. Their support is great and they continue to improve the product.

Monitoring over 5,000 devices/servers allows us to send alerts to the on-call persons and to groups that need the notifications.

Depak P.

"Take care of security threats and work efficiently!"

What do you like best?

The security auditing dashboard is easy to read, you can export information to Excel, you can also used the Advanced Search to find the information you are looking for. The dashboards provide an amazing amount of data, this information can be searched, allowing you to make quick decisions. The Security and Audit Intelligence Pack helps audit your server data. You can run different queries from the search box allowing you which allows you to really cut down on the data you have. There is also the Alert Management module which gives an overview of your SCOM alerts in a quick dashboard. You can delve deeper into the tiles to see more detailed information. Search queries can be created, as long as you know what you are searching for, to find out who has installed or removed any software during a specific time period. Perfect for detecting where Malware may have come from.

What do you dislike?

Steep learning curve if you have never used the application before.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Read through the resources link as this will provide a much better understanding of use cases, and examples on how to use the application. This is something which helped a great deal in the beginning. It might also be a good idea to have a look through the OMS survival guide, which provides a lot of links for How To videos, Blog Articles and Community Links.

Security threats - the dashboard and the analytics have really increased our understanding of threats, and the proactive monitoring of services has helped greatly.

Jonathan G.

"Microsoft Operations Management Suite Review"

What do you like best?

I enjoy having all Windows programs at my fingertips. It is great working with a suite of programs instead of one by one. The accessibility of various programs needed at once helps us be more efficient switching from different types of programs and documents throughout the day.

What do you dislike?

I don't care for all the extra programs that come with the package of software. It is a distraction to have too many programs available and not just the key ones I want to use in my daily work.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take your time to research what you want and listen to the experts who have used the programs for some time.

We are trying to collaborate all of our programs and simplify what we need or don't need for the ultimate efficiency in our work. We are trying to keep costs down too so we don't spend too much money on programs that we don't use or don't feel we will use in the future.

AC

"Excellent Internal Operations Software Suite"

What do you like best?

The enterprise solution software by Microsoft was a great value add due to its ability to leverage internal subproject operations in full compliance with all relevant intracorporate operational mechanisms.

What do you dislike?

At times, the software was layered and complex to the point of being difficult to train for; an integrated hub module for handling meta training tasks for new users would have been appreciated.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Highly recommend using the software at least as a pilot in order to effectively and quickly manage all internal account management tasks.

Our company is first and foremost realizing the added value of increased operational efficiency with regard to most of our internal control mechanisms.

"Visibility and Cloud Control Across Your Business"

What do you like best?

Allows organizations both small and large to make sound operational decisions. Additionally alerts are sent to managers via text making the job easier for those on the go.

What do you dislike?

Not all are familiar with the product making the learning curve rather high for those entry level associations and "old" school IT gurus. Everyone should approach this application as newbies allowing everyone to grow and learn easily together.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Seek help when needed, ask questions in the beginning phases, and implement with a helping hand. Microsoft Operations Management Suite is here to make your business security and ability across the organization feasible when other could not. Allow MOMS to help make a difference in your productivity whether you are in the office or on the go.

Security threats are typically a second guess issue until a third-party sends an alert. MOMS allows managers to be proactive on threats both minimal and extreme, giving managers the ability to approach the issue right away.

User in Insurance

"The best service and the best quality."

What do you like best?

I love everything about using this service it never freezes or shuts down for any reason and is always up to date, I have never had a problem with this and no matter what happens I know I can always come to this service and get my job done in no time. I also love that It does not take much until all of my work for the day is finished because of the speed of this program and it's ability to make my work surroundings a whole lot easier. I would tell everyone who has never tried this in their workplace to go out and give it a try.

What do you dislike?

Nothing at all the service works flawlessly with no hiccups or problems I can rely on this service to get me through even my toughest job moments. I do dislike that sometimes the program will force close but that's rarely for this service. Another flaw of using this is that sometimes certain programs will not and you have refresh the whole entire program for everything else to reload and continue to work as it should.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is the best move you will ever make.

It helps to solve having to do multiple tasks at once with ease, I can have all my work that needs to get done right in front of me and I do not need to move back and forth from one area to another to get all my tools when I have them right in front of me.

CM
Consultant in Management Consulting

"A Complete software for operations and management"

What do you like best?

If you’re looking for a way to manage and protect your hybrid cloud environment, then look no further than the Microsoft Operations Management Suite (OMS) . Regardless if you have Azure or AWS, Windows Server or Linux, WMware or OpenStack, this cost-effective all-in-one cloud IT management solution could be right for you.

What do you dislike?

Automation? Well, I have spent more than a decade learning automation, and while I am pretty good at it, there are times when I still have to spend a week looking up stuff and trying various things to get a single script to work reliably.

Log analytics? To do that at even a moderate level of expertise requires reading several books and monitoring several blogs on a regular basis.

Security and compliance? That is another complicated issue with the product.

Solving the following problems with solutions.

Azure Site Recovery - DR protection for VMs

Azure Backup - Backup of workloads to Azure

Azure Automation - PowerShell Workflow execution in Azure

Azure Operational Insights - Collect, store and analyze log data from Windows and Linux sources from on-premises or cloud and visualize the information for easy understanding

"Microsoft Office 365 is really peace of mind for the workforce, effective and efficient"

What do you like best?

Love One Note/One Drive. After years of note taking on paper, and then electronic note taking on file shares then SharePoint, finally there's a solution to do away with all that! Love this because I can access the drive on my iPhone, and it organizes things with tabs so it's easy to add a new note/file. Then you can insert other docs into it, images, etc. So easy and so worth getting O365.

What do you dislike?

The fact that it is not free for personal use.

Speed of access to data and also collaboration options.

UB
User in Biotechnology

"Versatile software suite"

What do you like best?

The best thing about MS Operations Management Suite is its versatility. 90% of the day-to-day tasks and projects that I engage in can be accomplished fully with a piece of software within this suite. I have been using MS office products faithfully for years and will continue to do so.

What do you dislike?

The biggest problem I have had with this software is that takes far longer to load than one would expect. I am running a quad core CPU with 32GB of RAM on a 2015 motherboard platform - more than enough power to run virtually any piece of consumer/business software. For some reason though, the products within the suite are slow to load. They run fine once the software has been started though.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

None.

I use this software suite for everything from day-to-day operations to large presentations.

April C.

"Microsoft Office is a great, consistent product"

What do you like best?

Ease of use and consistency in the programs. Familiarity makes it easy to get the job done.

What do you dislike?

Lack of web based use, more templates and options.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I don't have any recommendations for others considering Microsoft Operations Management Suite.

Record keeping and organization for the agency which in turn helps out production and the way we run our business. I like the fact that the software is predictable and it's ease of use.

Alexander S.

"Microsoft Operations Management Suite "

What do you like best?

IT uses this as a primary software to streamline and integrate internal workflows within our cloud services. It seems to be very efficient.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how expensive Microsoft products can be.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take advantage of all the different types of features the suite offers.

Our distribution and inventory/ asset control department utilizes the programs in the suit and it helps them more accurately and easily monitor their systems and water network applications.

Allen M.

"For when you just need it done."

What do you like best?

The interface and features are all intuitive and provide just the right amount of articulation over whatever task I'm trying to get done.

What do you dislike?

There is not much to dislike. Several times there have been issues cause by timeouts or pages not functioning due to certain security measures but overall it is a good product.

The main issues that the Suite is able to resolve well is consolidation of management software. This product provides centralized access to all features.

Maya R.

"Review of Microsoft operations management Suite"

What do you like best?

It solves all of my needs when it comes to email and documentation.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that it costs money to get the suite on your personal computer

We use powerpoint constantly in all of our meetings and outlook is our main point of email user.

UR
User in Real Estate

"I use Microsoft Operations Management Suite at work. "

What do you like best?

Because all of the components and data for OMS are stored in Azure, you can be up and running in a short time without the complexity and investment in on-premise components. Easy to implement.

What do you dislike?

It was hard to understand ho to use in the beginning. They need to post videos to teach how to use it. I had interns who couldn't implement in the beginning.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Configuration is minimal, and you can be up and running literally in a matter of minutes.

I always have access to the latest features without any requirement to deploy updates. I access management environment from anywhere I have a browser. You can install the OMS app on smartphones for ready access to monitor data.

"Microsoft Operations Management Suite"

What do you like best?

I like the in depth tools provided with any Microsoft suite.

What do you dislike?

Nothing comes to mind. Something might become a dislike in the future but not as of right now.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Powerful tool and a must have for any software based company. You get what you pay for.

We are really becoming more of a cloud based software and this suite really helps strength that need.

Hailey T.

"Paralegal "

What do you like best?

I like the easy accessibility Microsoft provides. If i can't figure something out, the search bar is easy and actually helpful.

What do you dislike?

Hard to read some of the options even on a large monitor screen.

It helps keep track of the cases i am working on via chart and spreadsheet I have created and it's easy for someone to use and look at.

Denae S.

"Ease operations"

What do you like best?

Seamless integration for our employees, they don't have to think about what tool they are using.

What do you dislike?

No issues at this time, I have changed roles so, I am no longer directly using the tool.

Better integration and employee experience.

"Above and beyond experience with Microsoft Op-Man Suite (OMS)"

What do you like best?

This is not just an operations management suite, but has much more to that!

Some of the features that I like are: malware assessment, config assessment, SQL assessment, site recovery and so on.

What do you dislike?

At times experienced difficulty with respect to speed.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

A very good comprehensive package to manage virtual machines, I especially liked some of the features such as malware detection/ assessment, planning capacity.

I had used the Operations Management Suite (OMS) in the past to effectively manage virtual machines, capacity planning and manage active directories. Benefit realized: The integration between Operations Manager (SCOM) and the new Microsoft Operations Management Suite (OMS) to better accomplish the aforementioned tasks in an efficient manner.

UG
User in Government Administration

"Microsoft Operations Use"

What do you like best?

I like the layout. Its very simple for someone of my profession to use the software. I also like the new modern look to it and not being so outdated.

What do you dislike?

I will get use to it but I dislike when new updates come out trying to find the options I used to use. Like I said once playing around with it again I can find my way and go back to normal use.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

To have a quick use guide for updates.

I am solving training issues, employee schedules, and operation issues. I have benefited from this by organizing my problems in a more ample way

Jonathan J.

"Jackson's Review"

What do you like best?

Leveraging the suite allows for the seamless transactions across multiple platforms

What do you dislike?

I like everything! They have done a great job at building a robust system.

The ability to have a strong one-stop shop for my business is critical.

Andy K.

"Microsoft Operations Management Suite Review"

What do you like best?

I like the inter connectivity of the platform and how everything syncs together.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the usage of it when you take tasks and documents when saved offline.

Team collaboration, team organizations, team forms and tasks.

AW
Administrator in Wholesale

"Exelent Service"

What do you like best?

I really like your platform and also that it is very easy to configure it, although it is a bit slow and easy.

This has been one of the preferred platforms for my company due to its features and tools.

What do you dislike?

That to be able to configure everything it takes a little and that also constantly is updated and there are times that the changes are not saved and it has to start again.

We have been able to improve our time and ability to solve problems and mainly faster communication with our customers.

Jay P.

"MS Ops Management "

What do you like best?

It brings visibility into one place (one work management platform).

What do you dislike?

Cumbersome to configure and maintain, especially during upgrades.

I'm just the ServiceNow platform owner, so this is a question better suited for the Ops Team.

Marvin C.

"Using the management Suite is the new norm"

What do you like best?

How easy it is. And if I have a question on how to do something, it is only a youtube video away.

What do you dislike?

The cost. I wish there was a way that I could see all of the things that it could do rather trial and error

My workflow.

Peter B.

"MS OM Suite Review"

What do you like best?

Part of larger Microsoft suite we use. Using similar product allows for better inter-operability and support.

What do you dislike?

Product was difficult to use and adoption was poor within IT.

Better monitoring of system critical endpoints etc...

Scott B.

"Works well"

What do you like best?

Limited use in a dev/test capacity, but worked well for our testing

What do you dislike?

Nothing to add here, delays in moving to Production caused by external factors

Managing MS products and workstations from an ops perspective

Amey M.

"Software for operational excellence"

What do you like best?

This suite has many features that help to manage end to end.

What do you dislike?

It takes a time to load and there is an initial learning curve.

Project management. I have been using this product for quite a while now and have proven well to many different use and corner cases we have had.

IB
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Banking

"Great organization "

What do you like best?

I like that I can keep things simple and files are kept organized. This is great for IT work. I've used this for a couple of months now.i like that it keeps my info secure and lets me know when unexpected reboots happen. Great program to have especially when you are In the IT field

What do you dislike?

There's nothing to dislike at this time

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do a trial to see if this will meet the needs to make your job easier

I use this at work to keep my files secure and websites used organized

Maurilio F.

"OMS in my world"

What do you like best?

Software que permite o gerenciamento de diversas estrutura de hardware em ambientes windows de formas fácil.

What do you dislike?

Na verdade ainda nao localizei nada que podesse ser um implessilio para nao utilizar o sistema.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Usabilidade ate em embientes domesticos para controle familiar e pricipalmante em IoT.

Gerencimanto de infra computacional de forma eficaz e rápida.

Steve B.

"System Center Advisor to OMS to Log Analytics"

What do you like best?

Excellent interface, good integrations. The product is constantly evolving.

What do you dislike?

Spendy, and licensing model changes frequently

monitoring some IaaS and Azure Apps without making modifications to our on-prem SCOM solutions.

georgette y.

"reliable"

What do you like best?

The suite is easy to manage. Easy to install a d distribute other sites.

What do you dislike?

sometimes the updates are slow and hard to distinguish when it is complete

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The backups areawesome. I schedule a backup and it runs flawless with little to no errors

Dinesh N.

"Helps you to gain insight on work loads and respond quickly to the situations."

What do you like best?

Mobile app is one good thing.

All your IT services task can be covered using Operation Management Suite.

No need to invest in multiple tools.

Its available on Cloud as well.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike as such, navigation among the modules can be little more improved.

All IT services tasks can be managed from a single page.

Graphical representation looks cool.

Rini J.

"Microsoft Operations Management Suite"

What do you like best?

Outlook Calendars, scheduling, its integration with iPhone,

What do you dislike?

Distribution list is complicated to create

None

Lindsey B.

"Miscrosoft Suite is a standard easy to use and very refourceful."

What do you like best?

I like the fact that it gives different options to make life easier in scheduling, prioritizing, etc..

What do you dislike?

Some of the features do not work to its full extent.

More in terms of scheduling we are able to utilize the programs. I think the scheduling features are extremely advantageous.

martina b.

"Great integration"

What do you like best?

The integration with ServiceNow and the ability to automate

What do you dislike?

The Interface is quite basic and clunky to work around

Change process and starter mover leaver process

AI

"Operation Management"

What do you like best?

Dashboard of use, interaction with Linux

What do you dislike?

No joined screen of both Windows and Linux.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

For large organizations, governments and diverse onprem resources mixed with cloud servers it proves very useful to see a snapshot of environment.

Daily review of operational status.

Lauren T.

"Best Platform for Software as a Service "

What do you like best?

Microsoft's usual easy-to-use, smooth UI while being incredibly powerful and efficient

What do you dislike?

From what I have experienced, there are not really any things I dislike

Managing the ever-present cloud and on-prem systems in one place, getting invaluable insights and being able to respond to potential threats faster.

Kwame D.

"Microsoft operations review"

What do you like best?

I like using their website to do Microsoft word and other programs.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I disliked about the Microsoft operations suite.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

using it more often would recommend it to other consumers and customers.

Working with my software and using it frequently to do certain projects

Jeff J.

"Longtime user"

What do you like best?

The monitoring and dashboards of MOM. Also ease of use

What do you dislike?

The cost and the complexity of setup. Of MOM

Enterprise monitoring, Dashboarding and alerting

Guljeet S.

"Micrsoft Management Suite"

What do you like best?

It helps me in performing the day to day tasks in an easy manner. It handles every operation easily.

What do you dislike?

there is nothing in the microsoft suite to dislike

Recommendations to others considering the product:

They should be using this professionally by using all of its features.

we are creating microsoft excel reports using our projects and exporting them to business folks

Paulo R.

"Very good"

What do you like best?

Microsoft products are very good. Visual Studio, for example, offers a framework and a programming environment that stimulates development, apart from having optimal tools.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes programs crash, but occasional bug fixes address this problem.

I am developing software for the city hall of my city, and so far it serves well.

Brooke D.

"Easy navigation "

What do you like best?

I can write documents, email and make spreadsheets in one locations

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it's send automatic crash reports. That means it's not working properly and needs bugs fixed.!

Ability to share documents and spreadsheets to help my team see my Vison.

I
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer

"Student and analystic"

What do you like best?

Learn about new technologies,

Machinho learning and data Analysis.

What do you dislike?

Stay in hot place is really boring and put me deep.

Working with SQL server database learning about discovery data and model analítics insights

Gina G.

"Microsoft Office Review"

What do you like best?

Many different applications so that means a lot of versatile functions.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the programs can overwhelming amount of features.

We have been able to have better organization and we have a lot better of a system for maintaining project history.

Anastasiia B.

"All good"

What do you like best?

Quality, stability, easy to find features.

What do you dislike?

A bit too heavy to start on lower productivity PCs.

Team management, test plan creation and sharing.

AG
Administrator in Government Administration

"Operations manager "

What do you like best?

That I am able to log in and see a comprehensive list of what I have and also what I have in use threw out my orginization.

What do you dislike?

How complicated it is to get to certain views if list and the technical names used in portions of it.

Being able to see what I have available and see where my needs are for each annual true up is Vitil for budgeting purposes.

Learning about Microsoft Operations Management Suite?

* We monitor all Microsoft Operations Management Suite reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.