Marketwired Reviews & Product Details

What is Marketwired?

Marketwired empowers the world’s communicators to achieve greatness and move beyond words, offering press release distribution and social media insights.

Marketwired Screenshots

Marketwired Reviews

1-25 of 47 total Marketwired reviews
Manager
Telecommunications

""Amazing general dimension of administration""

What do you like best?

I like the capacity to contact an individual to talk about necessities. We don't do what's needed arrivals of one sort to have a decent vibe for alternatives. Numerous discharges require some talk, for the most part with our accommodating deals contact.I have essentially utilized Marketwired's News Dashboard to screen online notices of our organization and our items on online papers, sites, and microblogs. It's an extraordinary method to monitor who is discussing us, what they are discussing, and which results of our own that different organizations are advancing! There is no real way to almost certainly observe each notice, yet Marketwired makes that far less demanding! Also the administration group is amazingly useful when I need help.

What do you dislike?

Sporadically there will be articles where the organization is referenced, yet it is just in an advertisement or a related connection - this data isn't important however that is the most noticeably awful thing I need to state about utilizing this product up until now!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Ensure you spread out your necessities as far as commercial center and dialects obviously so as to get a full picture of costs.Try it out. It's allowed to join and every one of the costs are recorded, so there's no responsibility except if you're prepared to send something out.

It is brilliant to see the compass of articles and official statements, and what precisely individuals need to state about our items when it isn't some place we have direct access to.I use Marketwire to make my news discharges achieve a more extensive media base crosswise over Canada. There are sure sites that vigorously include stories from Marketwire -, for example, Yahoo, Reuters and CBJ. Indeed, even by phone and email pitching, there are sure outlets I'd battle to get inclusion on in Canada without utilizing the Marketwire administration.

Digital Marketing Manager

"Marketwired for Press Release in Online Distribution"

What do you like best?

Marketwired is easy to use, you can upload releases within minutes and have your newslines/industries pre-selected and ready to go. They used to make you select regions, contact info and headlines- but they did away with it now and that streamlines the process. The editors are also very thorough - they will call you prior to distribution (to confirm your distribution over the phone) and point out any mistakes, or grammatical errors you might have missed. I also like their reporting where you can download a list of all the sites that have pulled your article into one PDF. Another thing I like is simply emailing them any changes, and it is done very easily and promptly without having to go back into the dashboard.

What do you dislike?

Nothing much; I used to receive phone calls much faster in advance as they have to verbally confirm your distribution - but as of late they don't call as fast and as per my last release early this month for Aug 2016, they didn't call at all and I had to call in to confirm. It is also at some point unclear to pinpoint which sites they go on, as our press release is very industry specific, and so far the newslines and 'corridors' that it is sent out to seems generic and arguably irrelevant.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Easy to use dashboard, with great service when it comes to looking over your releases prior to distribution. Reporting is quite detailed and easy to access as well.

We have press releases going out for our events, and this helps us spread the word on our events. We have a small number of people who heard of our events through press releases.

Senior Account Executive
Public Relations and Communications

"Great service, easy to use"

What do you like best?

Marketwired is a relatively cheap wire service that is very user friendly and easy to work with.

What do you dislike?

As is the case with all wire services, international and national releases can be very expensive.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it out. It's free to sign up and all the prices are listed, so there's no commitment unless you're ready to send something out.

As part of my job, we frequently send releases to wide distribution networks, and this helps boost the amount of eyeballs on a gievn release.

Marketing Administrative Assistant
Retail

"Great for keeping track of company mentions in the media! "

What do you like best?

I have mainly used Marketwired's News Dashboard to monitor online mentions of our company and our products on online newspapers, blogs, and microblogs. It's a great way to keep track of who is talking about us, what they are talking about, and which products of ours that other companies are promoting! There is no way to be able to see every mention, but Marketwired makes that far easier! Not to mention the service team is incredibly helpful when I need assistance.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally there will be articles where the company is mentioned, but it is only in an ad or a related link - this information isn't necessary but that is the worst thing I have to say about using this software so far!

It is wonderful to see the reach of articles and press releases, and what exactly people have to say about our products when it isn't somewhere we have direct access to.

Vice President
Public Relations and Communications

"Marketwire - a perspective from a regular user "

What do you like best?

I use Marketwire to distribute news on behalf of clients in Canada on a regular basis (once to twice a month). I would recommend the service: I typically see between 5-10 additional pieces of coverage that I wouldn't otherwise have achieved on behalf of clients without using it. This specifically relates to news sites such as Yahoo, Reuters and CBJ that rely heavily on content from the wire.

The team at Marketwire are fantastic. They are responsive, helpful and accepting of the near impossible deadlines that I sometimes have to throw at them.

I have recently had experience of using a competitor's newswire in the U.S., and it highlighted how effective Marketwire Canada is by comparison - and how much better they are at generating coverage.

What do you dislike?

Marketwire has recently moved to an online system whereby the user (meaning me) goes through an online system to set up the wire distribution. I'm still a new user of the system and can find it difficult to navigate.

That said, when I've had issues with the system or tight deadlines to work to, the Marketwire team have been quick to help and set up the release for distribution on my behalf. I appreciate this level of customer support.

I use Marketwire to make my news releases reach a wider media base across Canada. There are certain websites that heavily feature stories from Marketwire - such as Yahoo, Reuters and CBJ. Even by telephone and email pitching, there are certain outlets I'd struggle to get coverage on in Canada without using the Marketwire service.

"Press releases for webinar events with Marketwire"

What do you like best?

Marketwired is simple to use. You tag your own location, header and contact and are able to format your content in the editor easily. What I like best:

- A representative will call within 15 minutes when they receive your release

- Editors notice typos - I received a call from an editor once that clarified on such an issue

- The service overall is great; sometimes they give recommendations which works well

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a more comprehensive reporting on where the reports being reached in detail - example description in detail where page views come from (% from which microsites).

This is probably not within Marketwired or any PR distributors's control - hyperlinks sometimes don't work when other sites pick it up, (deadlink) so you have to include a shortened link for your content.

For anyone who isnt so familiar with Press Release sites, it would be useful to have a hover-over function and describes briefly what webclips / newslines / trades mean.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use the trial feature to become familiar with the software. A run through of the software will always be useful - most importantly to figure out after if such as outreach would be useful to you.

More content outreach. A small percentage of our business is being fulfilled by press releases.

Corporate Communications Manager
Information Services

"Excellent general level of service"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to contact a person to discuss requirements. We don't do enough releases of one type to have a good feel for options. Many releases require some discussion, mostly with our helpful sales contact.

What do you dislike?

The online tool lacks some features. In order to release a second language version of the same release we have to make a note and send it separately via email. Because our requirements vary from release to release we don't get the full benefit of using a tool that would help a larger organization with many releases streamline their process.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure you lay out your requirements in terms of marketplace and languages clearly in order to get a full picture of costs.

We need a consistent channel for press releases. Marketwired provides that with updated databases of industry contacts. We could not do this ourselves for less money.

"Was my favorite, until it got bought"

What do you like best?

It was easy and cost-effective to use and distribute technology-themed press releases to a very specific audience. I liked the high-tech hot spots corridor.

What do you dislike?

That the acquisition forced subscribers to re-sign up and it became a less straightforward process. This transition affected the ease of use at a critical time and the service team needed to call me back on multiple occasions to get me re signed-up after the acquisition.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Consider the recent changes in Marketwired's parent company before moving forward with using the services.

I use Marketwired to distribute a press release in a capacity that's both legally "on the record" and viewed as a news source by the public.

Marketing Coordinator
Automotive

"Review of Marketwired"

What do you like best?

The customer service- everyone always sounds chipper and eager to help when I have a question. That's an added plus

What do you dislike?

The site itself isn't user friendly- We use Marketwired at my place of employment and I work on a team. For example, if I draft up a press release on Marketwired, my manager is unable to login and view it/give her edits-it becomes cumbersome when we have a deadline and other things require our attention.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would definitely consider a trial run-you won't get the full experience until you actually start using it and then after a period of time truly consider if it is right for you and your company.

We use Marketwired to send out our company's Press Releases-the analytics from Market wired are helpful and easy to follow.

AN

"Used Marketwired for over a year at a nonprofit"

What do you like best?

Marketwired got us a ton of impressions on articles, but not sure it was targeting the best influencers.

What do you dislike?

We had a ton of trouble with the customer service and media databases. The databases were often out of date and releases would get a number of bouncebacks. Also we switched services to Vocus after and got most of the same services for about half the cost.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is very similar to other PR tools in that it gets you a ton of impressions, but very little engagement or results. The analytics and tracking were not great either.

We are a cancer nonprofit and the outreach was to serve more people affected by cancer with our free tools and services.

Marketing Specialist

"Marketwired Review"

What do you like best?

Super easy to use (step by step)

Friendly staff who are definitely there to help.

What do you dislike?

Off the top of my head I cannot think of something immediate I dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want fast reliable, on-time service, choose Marketwired to get the job done!

Problem: Getting information out to our consumers/winners on a timely manner.

- Gets distributed throughout many outlets

- Geotarget each Press Release we release

- Very specific

- Fast and easy

- Efficient

- Less hassle

UE

"First time using Marketwired"

What do you like best?

Once I signed the contract with Marketwired, I needed to get a release out quickly. Every person I spoke with was informative, friendly, and helpful. One person I spoke with offered to post the release for me, or walk me through the process so I could set the release up in their system, myself. Their editorial team is quick to make changes (even last minute), and respond to emails.

What do you dislike?

What users should know however is that if they have questions related to pricing they should call a Cision representative. If there are questions about the content, setting up keywords, categories/industries, etc. related to the release, they should call a Marketwired representative. One person did say that I would have 24 hour access to customer service, and when I called after hours, they told me I didn't have access to 24 hour customer service (you have to pay for it). That was a little frustrating.

Not sure exactly what you mean here. What business problem am I trying to solve by using this platform? If that, the release is about raising awareness, and ultimately generating revenue by gaining leads. It's only been about 1 day, so it's hard to say what benefits have come from this yet.

"Marketwired Gets Our Content Out There!"

What do you like best?

Marketwired is a great service to help us reach a wider audience. Their press releases are professional, and the staff ensure that the information is correct before publishing it.

I really appreciate the way they call to verify the press release before it's ever sent out. They've caught a few mistakes that we've missed before, which is a valuable service!

What do you dislike?

Minor technical glitches, but all in all it's a great service! It would be nice if they were able to get the content to more influencers in our field, as we've noticed sometimes it's only very small media outlets who pick up our press releases.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do a trial to see how you like it. I think compared to other press release services, Marketwired offers considerable valuable and great customer service!

We're constantly looking to build our client base. Marketwired has helped us drive traffic to our content and events.

"Great Product, Not Always Consistent"

What do you like best?

The MarketWired press release approval process is usually swift and easy. Their staff is always helpful, polite, and submitting press releases for review is simple.

What do you dislike?

Since the split with Sysomos, MarketWired's listening and reporting capabilities have taken a rather large hit. I wish they could beef up this area of their product offering a bit.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great as a wire service, but please check out other (inexpensive) options for listening. The Marketwired standalone listening and reporting simply aren't on par with their peers.

For the most part, we use MarketWired as our wire service, and since we have a lean PR staff, it's nice that their process moves quickly. We've only experienced a few issues, and their near-consistency has been helpful to our team's time management.

UP

"Highly recommended"

What do you like best?

I like that real people are reviewing your press release and catch human error. It is not an algorithm or computer. They also consistently reach top tier and big local press and the customer service is fantastic.

What do you dislike?

The reports of coverage are not totally comprehensive.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is one of the more exhaustive distribution tools and extremely reliable. They can accommodate times and preferences and the customer service is impeccable. I've never had a problem with contacting them or getting questions answered.

I use this to distribute and monitor press releases. This saves a significant amount of time sending individual messages to the hundreds of outlets that Marketwired can distribute to in seconds. It also tracks pick ups without endless searches of key words.

Director of Marketing and Communications
Hospital & Health Care

"Marketwired Resonate press release distro"

What do you like best?

it's a great discount as compared to typical wire service

What do you dislike?

The user interface is not immediately intuitive (you have to save info in different areas before moving forward, etc)

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Customer service is good- not as good as businesswire in my experience, but solid.

Cost effective way to issue press releases

(10,001+ employees)

"Marketwired: basic but effective"

What do you like best?

I like how easy the platform is to use. The team is incredibly responsive and helpful when needed. The editorial staff is collaborative and useful in terms of making sure all of our information is correct and accurate before being distributed externally.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how limited Marketwired's reporting capabilities are. There are reports issued per press release, but there is no way to compare a large number of reports (greater than 5) side by side at a time. Additionally, Marketwired doesn't provide the data analysis a press release's performance in any other format than a locked PDF, which is incredibly ineffective if you're trying to do your own analysis.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This service is great for a cost-effective way to distribute your press releases. The standard service doesn't have a ton of bells and whistles, but it gets the job done.

We aren't solving any major business problems, but Marketwired is our tool to get our research and publications exposed to a large external audience. In terms of benefits, having a record of how we share our news externally is very helpful.

President, CEO and Founder

"Used for 15 years with no end in sight."

What do you like best?

MarketWired has always been a trusted component of our internal communications process.

What do you dislike?

With the public's demand for visual content continuing to skyrocket, the more visual content we can add our our press releases the better.

MarketWired ensures our press releases get the broadest reach possible.

UP

"Effective distribution service"

What do you like best?

Ease of use. Once you have all your info set up, it's pretty simple to submit a release

What do you dislike?

Although I understand why, I'm not a fan of the fact they call you prior to a release being distributed.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's very expensive so try to work out a contract per use if you're sending out a lot of releases in a year

This distribution allows more eyes on releases from and SEO perspective.

"Marketwired Review"

What do you like best?

The customer service with this product is top-notch. There have been plenty of times where I have been assisted with troubleshooting issues.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the load times with this product as well as some of the navigation features.

I am trying to increase awareness as well as spread innovation. I have realized multiple organizational benefits

EI
(5001-10,000 employees)

"Amazing media listening platform"

What do you like best?

Marketwired is a unified platform consisting of social media listening, social search (historic social graph analysis) and real time monitoring. It allows ability to monitor real time, conduct research and engage all within the same interface.

What do you dislike?

Inability to integrate with other enterprise marketing technology platforms.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

License costs should be negotiated in advance.

Media monitoring, social media research and social media marketing.

Senior Account Manager

"Amazing product!"

What do you like best?

Detailed analytics reports, straightforward wire, direct to Canadian Press. Great results!

What do you dislike?

There isn't much to complain about Marketwired.

Increasing media coverage for my clients.

Senior account executive
Public Relations and Communications

"Highly intuitive press release service"

What do you like best?

The wide variety of pricing and wire options, combined with the SEO enhancement features, make Marketwired an ideal choice for publicists. In addition, the release activity reports provide great analytics.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any complaints. I only use Marketwired for sending out press releases and I'm not familiar with the other features.

Marketwired has been invaluable in providing clients the search engine results they are looking for.

AH

"Reliable and easy to use"

What do you like best?

I enjoy using Marketwired. It's easy to use, you can upload releases within minutes and have selected newslines/industries ready to go. We've gotten a lot more traction and interest since we began using Marketwired.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike. I absolutely love using it and it's really helped us.

Awareness.

Marketing Coordinator
Security and Investigations

"Great customer service, fast response time, not enough tag options"

What do you like best?

What I like best is how quickly they respond to an uploaded press release.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that they don't have home security or home technology as a possible tag option.

We are trying to create more social awareness of our brand and business. We've realized the benefit in publicizing our accomplishments and news on social media.

Marketwired Features

8.5
Ease of Setup
Average: 8.7*
* Press Release Distribution Category
Do you work for Marketwired?