Ideanote Reviews & Product Details

Ideanote Overview

What is Ideanote?

Ideanote makes it simple and productive for teams of any size to share, develop and act on ideas, together. Intuitive design, automatic progression and instant ideation tools are at the core of the ideanote platform. We structure and focus your ideas, helping you to go from idea collection to action, helping employee and customer insights to drive your business forward. Curious? Head to our site and try it out for yourself

Ideanote Details
Danish, German, English, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian, Polish, Russian, Spanish, Chinese (Simplified)

Ideanote is a software that focuses on enhancing idea creation while saving time as well as creating an innovative organizational culture, it optimize one employee's workflow or an idea for increasing ROI in a given function, all ideas are easily evaluated and compared it has filter algorithm and the matchup process help the decision maker to only receive relevant and valuable ideas.

Ideanote
2015
Copanhagen, Denmark
@WeAreIdeanote
852 Twitter followers

Ideanote Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Ideanote community
Have you used Ideanote before?

Ideanote Reviews

Showing 236 Ideanote reviews
Already have Ideanote?
Founder + Producer
Founder
What do you like best?

We currently use IdeaNote internally for various brainstorming sessions. There are a couple of highlights that make IdeaNote easily one of our favourite tools:

1. IdeaNote has an excellent UI/UX and a very well thought out design. I checked their LinkedIn and I think one of the current co-founders is a designer, perhaps that's why the product is such a real pleasure to use.

2. The solution can be made entirely white-labelled with a CNAME - so it looks impressive and almost like a tool we've built ourselves internally.

3. Our ideas are centralised instead of being scattered in various mediums both online and offline. The benefits of having them all on IdeaNote is that they can be easily collected, prioritised and measured. This results in more real-world actions taken over the various ideas internally.

Overall, I love it, and so is our team. We use it at least once a week and sometimes every other day! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

1. No way to customise settings for notifications. More granular notification settings will be much appreciated!

2. Currently there is no feature to "Feature" or "Priority Rank" the winning or chosen ideas, besides having the highest counts of upvotes. More options on idea sorting will be much appreciated.

3. We can't indicate the progress of a Mission or inputting a "decision" status for each. Sometimes it's hard to see what's been decided and actioned on from the whole idea-collection. A simple "decision" status or some forms of the progress status of a Mission will be useful, as well as the ability to highlight the "chosen suggestions" for each mission.

IdeaNote team is very responsive though, from my experience. When I communicated with them about some issues, they have always responded almost instantly and in a very helpful manner. It really showed that they care. Given that impression, I am reasonably confident that they will take these missing feature feedback onboard and continue to improve the product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You can use IdeaNote for several unexpected use cases, doesn't always have to be old boring business-y use cases. On our side, some fun use cases have been to use it for:

1. Founder Weekly Townhall

2. Onboarding Process Improvement (Collecting ideas from new hires)

3. Interview Process Improvement (Collecting ideas from candidates)

4. Team Vacation Brainstorming

and more.

Think about some creative use of this tool applicable to your organisation and you will get a lot more out of it! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The problems we previously encountered were the low yield of our previous brainstorming process. This is because:

1. When we did multiple concurrent brainstorming, our ideas are not really trackable and often scattered in various mediums. This could be both online (e.g. in Google Docs Meeting minutes, mindmap tools) and offline (e.g. Our notebooks or sticky notes)

2. Since these suggestions are not recorded in an adequate and prompt manner, this results in no immediate actions and a loss of business opportunities.

3. Our employees are discouraged because the ideas they contribute don't seem to result in actions. They feel no recognition to contribute thoughts and thinking outside of the box about solving business challenges.

IdeaNote has solved this very problem for us. With IdeaNote acting as a centralised workspace for ideas, we are able to collect suggestions and engage our team members' creativity, as well as taking actions on their thoughtful contributions and measuring their impact. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Open Discussions in Ideanote
President & Founder
What do you like best?

Great ideas inside my company are no longer neglected, forgotten, or lost with Ideanote. In the past, ideas were scattered all over the place -- Google Docs, Notion, Evernote, Notes, voice memos, binders, sticky notes, etc.

Now we have one central place to capture, develop, and prioritize our best business ideas, regardless of the source. I absolutely love how Ideanote manages ideas from beginning to end. The ability to rate ideas on different criteria is one of my favorite features.

Give Ideanote a try and witness the turbo boost your company experiences with idea innovation. Enjoy! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far. It would be cool if they had a mobile app, if executed well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Ideation is less of a task and more of an interactive, enjoyable exercise.

With Ideanote, we've been able to find the best ideas that will give us the best chance of achieving our big hairy audacious goals. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

What I love most is a 360-degree approach to pragmatic innovation, with a complete life cycle of ideas that goes from gathering and rating to managing implementation and measuring impact.

Support is generous and attentive, and help documentation well organized in multi-format (articles, videos, pop-ups to encourage next steps, and an implementation wizard).

The UI and UX are pleasurable and engaging, including whimsical favicons/emoticons for categorization and ratings, inspiring photos to adorn missions to your heart’s content, and so much breathing white space moving around that you feel designers don’t underplay the human wellbeing factor in this tool created to foster creative thinking and cognitive power. You feel love for people while hanging around !

They even demonstrated the power of collaborative innovation they stand for by developing advanced analytical capabilities out of interaction with enterprise-grade customer. Showing again that a major focus of this platform is useful management of ideas by developing visual tools to cluster by topic, or search by customizing keywords. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Although can be used in different languages, it doesn't allow yet for further customization according to missions and teams, something I'd like to see implemented. So you can work simultaneously with different speaking audiences in different initiatives. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The problem of siloed organizations and complex global problems that require collaboration across sectors and industries can be tackled with this platform. You can encourage constructive problem-solving across departments that often don't talk to each other, and you can drive ambitious external consultations with stakeholders because the platform can help scale up or narrow down initiatives as you go from local to global or from cross-sector to a narrow niche. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Registrar
What do you like best?

The people behind Ideanote are one of the best support experiences I ever have. As their client you have access to virtual face-to-face support with them which, I found invaluable. That tells you their passion and commitment to help you reach your goals. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any issues to comment nor things that I don't like. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You may have the best software tool on earth but if you don't count with the support of their creators there isn't much you can do moving ahead. Ideanote has that amazing support and the tool is easy to use yet very powerful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Problems I am solving:

+ Decide new products to launch by brainstorming ideas between stakeholders

+ Define personal goals and been able to priority at ease

Benefits:

+ Easy of use, yet powerful

+ Multi-language

+ Fantastic collaboration tool Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Founder
What do you like best?

Simplicity. I am not a fan of things that are complicated, in fact, I would even go as far to say complicated things suck! Idea note helps you to organize your ideas and collaborate with communities, clients, fan bases, people and collaborate in a simple yet beautiful way. I really really love its simple yet complex if you want it to be, use case potential. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike, not saying that because im lazy, I just can not find anything that it promised to deliver that didn't. Give it a trial if anything and you are likely hooked. Get those ideas out of your brain and on to the computer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just give it a trial, its the only way to know if its perfect for you, in our case it is. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Brain fog, organization, brain storming, collaboration. out reach. All of the above helped by Idea note! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Organizing ideas into collections, and allowing team members to flesh out the ideas together is awesome. Also, voting for ideas to see what everyone likes and wants to move forward with is very nice. I have multiple brands under one umbrella, so it's cool that I can create "missions" around ideas for each brand. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only issues so far have been around inviting/onboarding team members. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

There's a small learning curve in understanding the missions and ideas concepts, but it's worth it to figure out. There's no mobile app, but the mobile web version works ok. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Building a digital platform, I'm gathering ideas together around content and development. Will also explore having guest users vote on content they'd like to see in the future. I'm also able to gather and organize ideas more efficiently for the other brands outside of the digital platform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love how well thought out the stages of collection and ideation are. Its very straightforward in the way ideas are captured and organised. I particularly like how it encourages members to comment on ideas and contribute there own. It still allows for a lot of flexibility on how you arranges the stages and branding. I'm currently using it with a company to capture ideas around rebranding and doing more internal content generation for its clients. Its the easiest way to get everybody's input in a creative and relaxed fashion. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Its perfectly usable and a great concept, but perhaps a little clunky. I feel the product is developing and I'm hoping, as its early days that it will offer more dynamic ways to interlink and physically rearrange content by dropping it into different blocks more easily. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Have a look! Its definitely a good solution for getting people to contribution valuable ideas in a very focusing way... Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am currently using it as a crowd sourcing solution, where I want members of different branches of an addiction clinic to contribute ideas for an online platform to assist in aftercare services. Its working a treat for showcasing possibilities and getting valuable feedback. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I'd have to say that the best part about idea note is the onboarding user experience. I've never seen anything quite like it, and although it was totally out of the ordinary, it gave me a great glimpse of what this platform has to offer. I really enjoyed it, and usually onboarding is a pain in the butt. Not with Ideanote. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I haven't seen anything that I dislike as of yet, although I am a new user and so I'm still getting my bearings. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm using this as a repository of ideas for my business as well as my personal life. I haven't rolled it out to my entire team yet, although that's coming in the next couple of weeks. With that said, I'm planning on using this to create a completely open environment for my employees to share and collaborate on ideas. Once I roll that out, I'd like to experiment to see if this is a platform I can use to better communicate with my clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner
What do you like best?

Self explanatory idea cluster for colleagues. Sometimes its jsut hard to showcase connected ideas inside your brain to colleagues and partners. This way you can show the correct segmentations and the little steps or status in which the idea is currently in. With ideanote you can make ideas not just ideas but ones that are attached to actual progess and action. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Ideas need fast processing before they get lost. And sometimes the servers can be challenging. But those are very rare cases Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Ideanote is not an noteapp like Evernote. Rather it's about team collab idea generation and bringing ideas literally to live and not leave them after the first day in the "idea drawyer" that never gets touched again.

With ideanote you can track your ideas and get feedback with comments and other interactions from your team. I Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

team collaboration and getting them on the same boat Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Project Coordinator
What do you like best?

The ease of use and the ability to easily collaborate with my team to refine ideas is simply mind-blowing and every single step gets tracked. I have used a bunch of collaborative tools and ways to track the progress of my ideas before but this one is basically the Thanos of them all! Plus, we work a lot with our community so the potential of this tool to also help us gather feedback from the community on new projects and ideas is limitless. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It is really hard to say. I think the limit on the storage space which is 50 GB is something but really we will definitely not reach that limit in our case. You can also link external files from google to easily avoid reaching that limit. We don't deal with a lot of heavy files in our day to day and when they are that heavy, we will just store them in our google drive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you have been struggling managing and/or improving ideas while also tracking them, this tool is what you need! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Team collaboration & management. Gathering effective feedback from community members & partners. Efficiently and effortlessly tracking my ideas and their progress Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Technical director
What do you like best?

This is an essential tool for collecting and voting on ideas across a company or organisation. It allows 'siloed' departments to submit and discuss ideas. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I'd prefer if customers didn't have to create an account to submit an idea or vote, but I understand the reasons (accountability). When using ideanote within an organisation this isn't a problem as everyone is made aware of the process. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is expensive and a shock when you look at the price, but consider the value created by collecting ideas efficiently. Some ideas, if implemented, have the possibility to double turnover. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Giving everyone in an organisation the opportunity to (easily) share their ideas. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It's a great tool for managing ideas with members of your team. Very easy to submit ideas, categorize them, approve, collaborate and execute. The process is clear and straightforward, literally without any learning curve. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

As of now, it doesn't seem to be designed for the retail environment. We couldn't figure out the way how to get our customers involved in submitting and managing ideas. The reason is simple, your customers need to create an IdeanNote account in order to submit and manage ideas. While this requirement is totally fine for your team members or your clients who become temporary members (guests) while you are working on a particular project with them, I don't see how it can efficiently work for retail customers. The last thing you want is to bother your retail customers to register for another account. They are making you a favour by submitting their ideas or sharing feedback. Collecting ideas from your retail customers should be easy. If you require your retail customers to register, the level of participation will be low and therefore the whole process becomes inefficient. Retail customers shouldn't be required to register to submit their ideas or feedback. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are a team of several people who need to manage ideas and implement them, this is a great tool for you. Very easy and efficient. As of August 2020, I don't think it's suitable for getting your retail customers involved in the process due to the registration requirement. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Submitting and managing ideas with members of your team. The process is simple and efficient, and you can see the progress of your ideas. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Design Strategist, Online Trainer & Facilitator
What do you like best?

What I love about Ideanote is that it enables me and my team to capture, develop and prioritize ideas in an easy and fashionable manner. While you can achieve the same with pen and paper the collaborative nature of this platfrom add value at every step of the process. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

As I use the platform to collect customer feedback I'd love the possibility for a user to upvote an idea without the need to create an account with ideanote. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for an app allowing you and your team to generate, share, vote and improve innovative ideas for your product or service Ideanote is the right platfrom to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Ideas for a new product or service can occur at any time within organizations. Relying on serendipity is not always the best strategy for innovation. Ideanote is helping me and my team to come up with new ideas, share them with the rest of the team and to upvote and refine them overtime. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Founder
What do you like best?

The simplicity of use and design makes it possible for almost anyone to get it and become a part of the innovation process. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I like color coding and that option is missing right now. It would be nice to color code the different idea flows and statuses. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need a clean and seemingly simple innovation space, Ideanote will work very well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We were using several different SaaS to accomplish what ideanote does with such simplicity and ease of use. Everybody in the organization from floor workers to executives likes to use the platform and onboarding takes 10 minutes per person. A dream for a CDO, saving money and getting a better product at the same time.

We are more creative now and people feel comfortable sharing no matter their position in the company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CEO
What do you like best?

It looks gorgeous and is feature rich! It is possible to build comparable workflows for idea management with other project management tools, but the UX will be always worse, because they aren't build for it. Ideanote has mastered idea management perfectly. Even if you can't afford it, try it out via the trial to get an idea of the workflow. It will help you to build something comparable within another tool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It is quite expensive, especially for such a niche tool! But I guess, in particular for enterprises, a well management innovation workflow can be a gold mine. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Save time and money with a will though out idea and innovation workflow. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

With so much material from the work that we do, and to keep up with new and fresh ideas, it is so important to have an organized means that is also structured. It aids in company communication, especially in this Covid time. The simple UI also makes us feel less overwhelming. The lot of whitespace on Ideanote seems to be done by design and not accidental, for this precise reason. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Have to get used to it and need some updates on some items we might not want to show to everyone. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

With so much material from the work that we do, and to keep up with new and fresh ideas, it is so important to have an organized means that is also structured. It aids in company communication, especially in this Covid time Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I'm really loving the clean and simple user interface (UI) of IdeaNote. It's uncluttered, easy to navigate and greatly reduces the learning curve. The software itself is just what I've been looking for in terms of keeping track of not only my own ideas, but also collecting feedback from others - both internally within my own team and from my external audience!

Also, I ABSOLUTELY LOVE that the ENTIRE platform can be white-labeled - from the colour scheme right down to the url/domain. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It would be great if guest users could provide ideas/feedback without having to register a user account. I can understand the reason behind forcing account creation, however it would be nice to have the option as this would suit some of my use cases. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're looking for a new way of interacting with your internal team or an external audience to collect ideas and gather feedback on new or existing products or services, then IdeaNote is for you! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

IdeaNote will simplify and streamline the process in which I collect information from my users, clients and potential customers.

I can now stop using plain ol' boring email, html form submissions from a website and also google powered surveys to collect information. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The ability to crowdsource ideas and allow the best to rise to the top. I also really like their team. They are a strong team and continuing to invest and grow their product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

user's emails are shown to other users. This is problematic for many reasons but overall it makes our users hesitant to share info. - I would like the ability to have anonymous ideas posted. They may have fixed that though. They are moving very quickly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Getting ideas from our students. The best ideas come from the trenches, we need to stay connected to the front lines and ideanote helps us to do just that! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director
What do you like best?

Digital display of ideas, Manamgement of idea-workflow, analytics to find more synergies on innovation in one company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far. The company seems young, but roadmap looks very promissing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Note: It does make a ton of sense to watch the webinar on YouTube in regards to their AppSumo Deal, because it introduces you to a solid team, functionality and lots of upcoming features to look forward to.

Due to Corona we're about to turn our business focus from helping clients in their innovation by co-operating with startups to offering an ever increasing range of virtual events and workshops. Since we've got lots of tools on innovation from our prior work, I am now looking more for software that our clients can easily adopt and introduce to their remote workforce. With this premise this deal is a no-brainer.

The feature that enthuses me the most is the customization of idea workflows and ease of sharing missions with an external crowd that does not need ideanote-membership status.

Setup is easy as pie and so far I was able to find everything I was looking for,

Besides working with clients in virtual workshops where I see this as an awesome pre-workshop fact- and inspiration-finding tool, we also run virtual acceleration programs where we help to develop ideas to a board-level presentation. Fostering a good exchange and iteration on those ideas on a digital platform has been very challenging. We've tried developing it ourselves on websites and social groups, but that does take a lot of manual labour. With ideanote I can put this process on auto-pilot AND increase external participation. Loving it.

If you work in consulting or plan to do so, it'll take very little paid work at somewhat normal rates to turn this investment into a profit. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Visual representation of a number of ideas. Including diverse departmental silos in idea and innovation management. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I have been using idea note for about 3 days now and playing around with it

The best bit about it is its simplicity and knowing that the ideanote team listen to feedback and implement so many great new things Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not much at the moment though it would be great if one day Ideanote becomes like a focus group session

where you can have multiple topics and and people can break out and team members can concentrate on a particular topic with members of the focus group and compile that together

In a sense it is there and maybe I can't see it at the moment

I know what I'm going to do I'm going to write to idea note and tell them what I think. They are such great listeners for feedback Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

We see this is available to collect feedback from our customers and by that we need direct users

However we are B2B to see business and we'll be using it with our business customers together feedback as well Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I see this is a very valuable companion to something like trello

If you have a roadmap for example on trello it could be interesting to use idea note that's where the note-taking takes place Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Love the way it takes you through process and the easy to use experience. It is just what I have been looking for to organise my ideas both internally and externally as well as keep them on track and taking them to execution. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really! Would be great if I could get API to access within my own framework and I have a probably unique use-case I'd love to discuss with the team that could be achieved using the API Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking to gain measurable processes, outcomes and ways to implement innovation and ideas this is the ideal tool. It makes the whole cycle neat and easy to follow for everyone. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

For me I often have lots of ideas as a small consultancy, VC fund and my own side hustles. It gives me a place to organise them and share them when I need to. It keeps the innovation cycle clear and with actual outcomes - which could be hard to come by before using Ideanote. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.