HelpHero Reviews & Product Details

HelpHero Overview

What is HelpHero?

HelpHero enables businesses to build interactive, easy to follow product tours that help engage users from day one, and speed up feature adoption quicker than ever. Creating tours is fast, easy and affordable. No coding, design experience or big budgets required. All plans include advanced features like custom CSS, audience targeting, multi-page tours and more. HelpHero is trusted by user driven businesses worldwide, from startups to enterprises. For more information visit https://helphero.co

HelpHero Details

HelpHero enables businesses to create interactive in-app tours to guide users and maximize user experience.

HelpHero
N/A

HelpHero Screenshots

HelpHero Reviews

Showing 15 HelpHero reviews
Already have HelpHero?
AI
What do you like best?

The customer support is excellent. We have specific requirements for styling to be in accordance with our branding, and on contact with the support team they've been able to solve to all of my requests. Given our relatively small usage at present, the pricing is quite reasonable, and the pricing tiers also appear reasonable at scale. Along with this, making tours is quite intuitive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is a lack of documentation when it comes to specific styling information, however this hasn't been a problem after contacting support. That said, it would be preferable to have more complete documentation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The main problems are effective onboarding, and completeness of onboarding materials being created without significant coding skill required. The main thing helphero does is to provide onboarding to users. We show a checklist of fairly basic tours with our main features, and we can see with the analytics that new users are consistently using them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It is pretty easy to learn how to use and saved us a ton of time compared to coding the walkthrough tutorials from scratch. Also, has great support. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I liked everything about Helphero. UI could be refreshed a bit Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Highly recommend it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Making support and tutorials much more interactive and reducing support tickets. Most users don't read the material ad videos we provide. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Strategy and Sales
What do you like best?

What first attracted me to HelpHero was their pricing. It's the only tool on the market that has reasonable, sane pricing for small business/budgets.

That said, I wouldn't have used it if it wasn't easy to set up and use. Integration only requires a couple lines of code. Building the product tours is incredibly easy, but it's got every feature I was looking for like checklists, multi-page tours, branching logic to show/hide steps of the tour. Very powerful. I could go on all day.

Finally, customer support is top notch! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far. It's exactly what I was looking for. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

My app can be a bit overwhelming for non-technical users and HelpHero has allowed me to get them up and running with very minimal instruction. My tech support chats and emails have dropped to almost zero. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Manager, Customer Success
What do you like best?

-easy to install and use, was able to create a live tour on the first day

-our users have responded well to the tours and find them to be very helpful in the onboarding process

-HH support is responsive and very helpful

-robust API allows for custom data/event capture from our app to route HH tours based on certain user criteria

-new functionality (like the Checklist feature) is continually being released to enhance the overall offering

-price point is very reasonable Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

-its a little heavy on custom CSS required for theme integration into our app Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for a tour based training software, HelpHero offers a ton of value at the best price on the market. We reviewed/tested 7 different options before deciding on HelpHero and couldn't be happier with the choice. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Using HelpHero has significantly enhanced the experience of our new user onboarding process as well as streamlined the way in which we support customers using our application at all different engagement stages from brand new user to seasoned veteran. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AM
What do you like best?

I am the Product Experience Manager for a pretty complex product. I was expecting to spend a lot of time getting setup with HelpHero but it took me about 10% of the expected time to get things up and running. Whenever I hit stumbling blocks, the guys were on hand to help me out. It looks incredibly professional and is far more customisable than I expected. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The stats on what your users are doing are quite limited and ultimately we're testing out a far more expensive tool to see whether it's worth it for us. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It has handled the onboarding of new trial customers to my product for almost a year flawlessly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Founder and CEO
Internet
What do you like best?

Learning how to use HelpHero only took 2 minutes and within an hour I had created a very customized tour for our new users. We have a pretty complex application and better onboard became critical and HelpHero quickly helped us with that. I didn't need to depend on the engineering team and being that its no-code I can make rapid changes on the fly. It's truly awesome! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Everything I was trying to do in HelpHero was possible and for my use case there was nothing to dislike. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're looking for a way to rapidly add a tour or checklist go with HelpHero. I've tried nearly all the other platforms and HelpHero was most powerful and easiest to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our users were telling us that it's hard to know what to do once they sign up for our SaaS. We've added videos into our onboarding, but ultimately the only thing that actually seems to work is walk-throughs and tours. WIth HelpHero we built tours in minutes and will keep customizing the tours based on the powerful analytics provided by helphero. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The fact that we don't need a developer to manage tours. once you implement the snippet of code, the easy to use Chrome Extension lets you build Tours with no need for additional coding. It lets you also manage different tours for different user types like clients vs managers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing for now. Everything has been easy to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Creating a Guided Tour Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UF
What do you like best?

It's easy to use and could be customized for all scenarios that we had during setup. Support is also excellent. Compared to the price of similar products, this software is the best value available. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far. The app works as expected. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have a relatively complex software product and HelpHero provides the needed guidance for new users to comfortably onboard, at scale. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CEO, CTO, & Founder
What do you like best?

- The tours are intuitive for users

- Creating tours is fast and easy (way easier than other tour software I've used)

- Integrates with Intercom

- The support is usually quick with answers and is transparent about what's on the roadmap to add

- Cost-effective solution

It’s one of the most important software products we use. Highly, highly recommend. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are some features that are not a part of it yet (like going backward in tours or jumping to previous steps) and the UI may not be quite as sleek as some of the high-end ones I've seen (but the "prettiest" ones have lacked the features we need that HelpHero has) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I rarely write reviews and this is my first review ever on G2, so for what it's worth, HelpHero that big of a help for us. If you're looking for tour software, HelpHero is absolutely the way to go Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our software is packed with a lot of features and elements, but getting set up is a crucial part and you never get to those features and elements if you don't finish setting up. HelpHero simplifies this and helps us set up and retain more users without doing it all manually. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Information Developer
E-Learning
What do you like best?

HelpHero offers the best-designed walkthrough creation experience among all the tools I've used. If you are building your company's guides, this means you are not siphoning off your attention to wrangling the guide builder itself. Instead, your effort goes to attuning to and supporting your enduser's experiences. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Many digital adoption platforms also offer analytics of more than guide/tour usage (uniformly at a much higher cost).

We licensed one of those tools, but ended up hanging on to HelpHero because of its superior toolset for easily creating guides through our every-page-has-a-different-quirk ~20 years-old software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Best designed guide-creation tool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are walking users through sometimes complex processes in our software, tying together far-flung pages years earlier than our UX teams might otherwise get an opportunity to improve those workflows. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Marketing Coordinator
Education Management
What do you like best?

HelpHero is easy to install and even easier to use. Working in a live environment means I often need to make changes to my tours on the fly and it couldn't be easier with HelpHero. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

You don't get many bells and whistles but the price is amazing for the product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need a simple tour solution then HelpHero is quick, straight-forward and easy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have been able to greatly reduce friction when it comes to onboarding new students to our learning management system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Co-Founder and CTO
Internet
What do you like best?

Simple and easy to use, we had our first Tour up and published with a couple hours, and our first Checklist with a day.

More than that, customers service is responsive, helpful and accommodating. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far. All is working great for us. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Helping new customers jump right in and get their first "win", and helping existing users learn new components. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Product Manager
What do you like best?

Building efficient in-app onboarding guides; they launch new features regularly; they have great support Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I can't figure out how to allow users t go to a previous stap in my dialogs, like a back button Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Leverage the user identity properties to segment your user experience and get more control over who sees what at the right time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm able to implement user onboarding, guided tours, product announcements etc in-app without using dev resources. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CEO
What do you like best?

Well considered, feature rich, flexible. Great way to increase conversion rates and push your customers through an on boarding. Intercom integration is a good touch. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Out of the box styling could be improved, although plenty of options to customise to your brand preferences. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Invest in your customer experience with HelpHero! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

User onboarding and sales flow. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love that I can add interactive parts of my app now! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that this sometimes makes my apps run slower. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would use this program to build your app further Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am solving the problem of not having an interactive enough app. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Do you work for HelpHero?

HelpHero Categories on G2