Forecast Reviews & Product Details

Forecast Overview

What is Forecast?

Forecast is a full-suite platform for improving operational and financial performance of professional service companies by uniting project management, resource management, finance & billing, time tracking, and business intelligence in one AI-powered software. Perfect for companies of 50+ employees who want the full project portfolio and resource overview, in one software.

Forecast Details

Forecast Screenshots

Forecast Reviews

Showing 45 Forecast reviews
Already have Forecast?
What do you like best?

Forecast is a modern tool with a responsive GUI and simple to start working with, but depsite that simplicity has some deep going (and useful) functionality. It covers a fast array of functionality related to project management, both resource wise, scope wise and financial wise. Overall it povides a solid basis to run your projects and related business on.

The team driving Forecast is very motivated and open to feedback, making it overall a pleasure to work with them. Themselves being still in a maturing phase and so far their client base being also on the more leaner side type of businesses, is a very good match for us.

The AI part is promising but currenltly only limited to some initial auto scheduling (triggered manually), it's a work in progress but strides are made at a good pace.

The tools is actively developed and introduces improvements on a continous basis. The most recent example is the further cleaning up of the UI, which has been very welcome.

The system is very data driven which gives great visibility on your business in a easy drag and drop way. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The current direction Forecast is moving, means it is outpricing itself to more established competitors sadly. At the start they where very price competitive, but now more general useful features dissappear behind the Enterprise level (that were first available to all) and prices hiked by ~30% within a year (we've been using it from early 2019). This is slightly worrying us for the long-term accessibility of the product for an organisation our size.

More fine control on planning, at the moment time distribution of tasks cannot be finetuned and everything is distributed evenly over the date range. As another reviewer mentioned, this requires quite some administration to get the schedule reflecting reality.

Resource management needs some more finer rostering options to reflect actual working schedules.

The permission levels are currently pre-set and limited, this needs to be customizable.

Forecast app is in need of a good update, currently lacking behind the greatness of the webtool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Forecast is a good tool to start with when you are smaller in size and then grow-up together. It will not have the full majority of enterprise oriented software yet, but it's being actively developed. A good change for anyone to hop aboard and make it useful for the companyies of the future together. See it as a chance to have a fresh take on how such a tool should support your modern business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Forecast is allowing us to centralise our whole operations, which is fully project based, into one system. This ensures no information is lost and greatly improves transparancy and visibility in the company. So far, we've seen overall better awareness of scope and budget across all project members, so we've been able to better adhere to these. In addition, it is clearer for our team where colleagues might be struggling and are in need of help. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Holly Smith of Forecast

Hi Rob,

Thank you for your review - we are thrilled to see that your company has been able to assemble all projects in one solution and gain better visibility across the entire company.

Building a sustainable product and constant innovation of the product requires us to sometimes adjust our rates. This is of course with consideration and close dialogue with our existing customers. If you have any thoughts or anything else you would love to share with us, feel free to reach out to us at success@forecast.app

Best from, the Forecast Team

What do you like best?

Forecast has helped us get a better understanding of our resource management and track our projects in a more accurate and timely manor. We used and investigated a number of other softwares but none of them let us link our project and task management to our resources allocation in the same way as Forecast.

Further, Forecast has allowed us to create a unified and streamlined process across all of our projects. Each level of users (collaborator, manager, admin) data works together to disseminate information across the system. This allows each level of user to find the information they need to complete their task. Our collaborators can see what they should be working on, our managers can assign tasks and track progress and our executive can gain a high level insight into the work being done across the company.

The software is constantly being updated and in our time (just over a year) of using the software we have seen several new features and quality of life updates. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

While great for tracking and managing an internal team, it needs some work on the way it tracks freelancer and contractors.

With so many tasks in a project, it can get overwhelming when users look at the "My Work" dashboard. It would be great if there were a way to list task by priority. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Investigate how the software integrates with your current apps and softwares. There are a large list of integrations that make working across this software and other a lot easier. However, some are limited in their ability to integrate. Make sure you are aware of the integrations uses and limitations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We initially were looking for a better way to track our budget through time reporting. However, Forecast use has grown in our company to include resource planning, work management and scheduling. Our team now has a better understanding of their current and upcoming workload. Our executive team is able to gain a better insight into the profitability and benefits of each of our projects. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like that Forecast allows us to streamline a lot of the different processes within the business and the way the information within the program is presented makes it really easy to learn and use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

At this stage some of the features go more in depth than it's currently necessary for us to make use of in terms of the level of detail certain process can be tracked/recorded but as we continue to integrate using forecast into our regular business processes I can quickly see this changing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Forecast is a really helpful and intuitive project managing tool. As a new user of project managing software I found it a really straight forward program to learn to use with the customer support and online tutorials a really beneficial resource to quickly get me up to speed. The amount of control you can have over the different features within the program is incredibly useful for tailoring which information is shared with the various members of my team. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Tracking and recording how much time was being allocated and spent on certain projects was an issue and the time tracking feature is proving to be really helpful in solving that. Forecast allows us to have a very clear visual representation of the various tasks that are required to carry out the projects we do whilst simultaneously being able to see how all of the different parts of the business interact with each other. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Marketing & Content Manager
What do you like best?

As a freelancer, he helps me organize my time, assign hours according to priorities and give visibility to my clients about the evolution of each task within the projects. They also have visibility of my expenses against the budget. I organize my projects (I can use different colours to differentiate them), I add tasks, I forecast the time for each one but with the flexibility of being able to modify it according to my needs and those of my clients. Especially now, when most of the people is working from home, it is beneficial having a tool that allows you to be more focus and organised while doing your daily job. Also, it gives your clients the ability to see and understand how do you manage your time, what tasks take more time, and how the budget has been used. Besides, the report section also allows you and them to keep control of monthly projects, tasks and deadlines. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I am happy with the software at the moment. They recently updated and improved the user interface making it more user-friendly and easy to understand. The new navigation has been streamlined giving you a more clear image of where is every feature and functionality under some main categories.

I would improve the way you can edit several tasks at the same time - especially when it comes to recurrent activities. Also, I would add an extension to allow users upload their time logs directly on Google Drive. Also, the duplication of projects and other setting within projects should be more visible. First time users have a hard time finding them and understanding how to use them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would give it a try. The customer support team and their representatives are extremely helpful during the onboarding process. Besides, it's a software that can be used not only for managers and employees but also for HR and administrative teams, giving the whole organisation a wide vision of how projects & clients are working together and how the budget and time has been allocated and managed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

As remote worker, my clients needto trust me but at the same time they need visibility of what I am doing and how I am managing and organising my time. Forecaste allows me to be better at time management. I have a better view of tasks against the whole project (helping me identify areas of opportunity). Also, by completing projects ahead of time, I can allocate the remaining hours on other activities. Forecast gives you the flexibility of managing your time in the best way for you as a worker without sacrificing the results expected by your clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Per project the budget tracking and forecasting are connected and the resource scheduling is all driven from one central data source. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It's very difficult and admin heavy to plan in detail day to day. With a 5 or more people working on a project you quickly get to hundreds of tasks. You can't split them or distribute the tasks across multiple days. Creating new tasks directly impacts the budget so its a difficult balance remembering to give and take time in order to create a resource plan that is actually reflective of what you need day to day. The scope view then becomes unmanageable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

More accurate project budget monitoring.

Timesheet recording.

Resource planning. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Holly Smith of Forecast

Hi Aidan,

Thank you for your review! We are thrilled that you believe Forecast has a strong concept and is maturing. To continually grow the platform, we are proud supporters of a great variety of medium to enterprise project-based companies that everyday enjoy the connectivity the platform provides.

Forecast supports different ways of working and of course both the waterfall and agile approach enabling users of Forecast to plan and manage their operations as efficiently as possible. The schedule in Forecast is especially valuable to get an overview of the capacity and workload across the entire resource pool. Planning their tasks is of course closely related to the tasks you have planned. Empowering you and your team to ensure you always deliver on time.

In our help center you can find resources to help find a good solution or you are more than welcome to reach out to us at success@forecast.app to get valuable support in finding a proper solution.

Looking forward to hearing from you

Best, from the Forecast team

What do you like best?

Forecast has all the usual project management features, and the UX is wonderful - you can perform almost all batch actions from a variety of views and they're adding more every day! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The report pages load ALL the data, which can take a while. They re-load all the data whenever you change filters, so if you want to change 4 filters at a time you have to wait for it to load 4 times.

There is no way to give users a view-only access to scoping view. There is no way to give someone edit access to scoping view without giving them many more permissions as well.

It would be nice to see more visual ways to break down exceeding time estimations or adding tasks in a sprint. The burndown chart is fairly opaque, since it aggregates everything and only allows you to see task IDs not task names and it does not distinguish which tasks are largest.

I wish it had a way to realize that, when creating a new task, if I have filters enabled, I probably want that task to remain visible so I can add it to the sprint / milestone / label that I'm filtering for. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

SCRUM project management with hourly invoicing. Forecast accomplishes this well, allowing many ways to update & move tasks, monitor team velocity, and sort tasks into milestones and labels. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like the visual aspect and easy financing - i also love client view. the system it's self is extremely helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I really dislike how difficult it is to input data from harvest. Also some feature like not being able to manually input dates etc is quite difficult. I wish it was a bit more user friendly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

really found that we can price more confidently for future projects. Additionally visually timelines for clients has been fab. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Holly Smith of Forecast

Hi Pilar,

Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with us. We are continually evolving and expanding our integration catalogue and existing integration capabilities. It is essential that we learn how our customers are utilising the integrations. We would love to hear your feedback and thoughts! So please share it directly with your dedicated Customer Experience Manager at success@forecast.app.

Best, from the Forecast team

What do you like best?

It's simple to use and allows me multiple views of the data once it's entered. The automatic reports are so helpful and can be linked to externally. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The apps on mobile and iPad are fiddly and don't really take advantage of those platforms. I'd love to be able to do more in other places that gets sucked into Forecast. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Visibility of resource use has improved and I can clearly show my boss what I'm working on. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Forecast is a tool that is responsible for providing small and medium enterprises a service for the organization, project management, resources and finance as it has an AI that is responsible for reducing everything related to manual labor almost in half, also with this tool that has an easy extraction of data and thus make fundamental decisions within the company that implements it and thus can immediately attack the deficits presented Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It is important to emphasize that it is difficult in the time that is being implemented within the organization this tool to achieve some deficiency of execution, however it is important to recommend that they extend the system of integration with some tools that contain similar activities with what can be Trello for example, since in an integration with other tools would provide an important plus to the execution of projects Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is an adequate tool to reduce the ad-hoc work and administration. It is ideal if you are starting a small business or you already have one and you present certain deficiencies in the area of organization and administration of financial resources to execute the projects Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Currently within our company Forecast is running because it contained certain tools very striking that within our organization there was a certain deficit, which mainly came to solve was the management of resources and finance to implement projects, because Forecast has an AI system very intuitive and totally effective giving us the opportunity to reduce our manual labor to over 50% and thus be able to focus on other problems that arise within the company Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AC
What do you like best?

The combination of project management, resource management, and financial features of the tool.

No need to have multiple tools to handle the supervision of your projects, staffing of your company or enquire about the profitability of your projects; Forecast does it all.

New features are also brought in at a fast pace by Forecast team which is always nice! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Time registration is a bit complex at first. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Go ahead, you'll be pleased! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have gained a clearer view of our resource usage and it helps us handle resource forecasting in a nice and efficient manner. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

EO
What do you like best?

Forcast offers a ton of features to take on the biggest projects out there, the expenses section keeps us up to date on where we are in our spending.

Overall, we run our whole business using the product and ensure that everyone is up to date. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only downfall, the mobile experience is the only negative I have about the product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure to review all the tutorials before jumping in. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Running very complex projects across many organizations, and being able to successfully execute on all of them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Transparency and automation of Project Management Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

When integrating with Jira, Forecast doesn't showcase stories versus tasks within the Project Scope and Subtasks are not visible as a nested / third level item. Also the report filters reset when sharing pre defined formats to the team or stakeholders which isn't helpful when you have selected specific filters to showcase the data you need. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Real time project plans that are driven by the project scope. Clear portfolio reporting of projects and financials. Removing manual scoping which was done via spreadsheets in the past. Transparency around bookings and project slippage. Efficiency in Master Planning pipeline work into the studio - all round, everything we need to run a successful agency. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AI
What do you like best?

Different views for different roles: project managers can handle day-to-day operations (and choosing between more classical timeline or tasks list and kanban board); the company can handle the resource allocation and have the big picture. Usually, you need two tools to do that. Forecast has all in one place. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Report section: could be updated (sometimes slow) and customized (possibility to create private reports, to edit current reports)

Kanban board: more detailed and "sw-development" oriented (possibility to use labels, epics, and other features from the Agile world). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We always have a complete picture of people allocation. We use Forecast as one of the tools for our data-driven management. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The schedule report is great to see resource availability and to be able to plan when specific tasks can be done. This is great for being able to plan projects further out. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I think setting up tasks within a project can be clunky. It's not super intuitive, but once you set up a couple, it gets easier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's a solid project management tool and works great for project set up and time tracking. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are using it to plan out project timelines and allocate resources appropriately.

We are able to quickly see when resources are over booked or under utilized and can move projects around as needed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It is easy to manage your timesheet as well as projects. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I only have good comments on the platform! With the last update (including visual aspects), Forecast is really good! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Timesheet is mandatory in my organization. I can easily create new projects, on the fly, and assign them immediately to my timesheet. There is no need to depend on anybody's help! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AC
What do you like best?

Integration of workflow, time tracking and invoicing

Complete view of clients and project status

The ability track project income and expense Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

UI not always that intuitive.

Reporting not always as flexible as one would like, but ability to easily download data is a plus

Mobile usage could be improved. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Forms the basis of all work we do for our clients

Work flows, time tracking and invoicing are integrated and management of the team in one place and not across different apps. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Forecast really matches with the way we've set up our business in terms of planning and resource management.

The fact they update regularly and provide time and places for feedback or suggestions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing too big actually. Just some small hiccups with the way we use it for our work. But since support is really helpful in helping or listening to feedback, we don't consider this to be a big problem. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Managing the different people and roles in our company when we're planning our sprints. Using the Schedule tab, we can quickly have a glance or even really overhaul our sprint-to-sprint planning. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

- The new timesheet tool allows team leaders to get visibility of hole team timesheeting for w-1.

- Scheduling section gives easily a visibility on team bookings for next weeks Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

- It's not possible to have budget tables per poeple

- It's not possible to have a occupation / timesheet rate (%) for a hole week, month, year Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

- Project attribution

- Consultant skills & certifications listing (via label)

- Profitability Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AM
What do you like best?

Forecast has helped our team to plan accurately and de-clog our workflow! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Forecast doesn't fully align with some of the ways that we work - or allow for as much customization as we would like. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are able to see our team's capacity and make intentional, strategic choices to maximize our output. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

To be able to see my time calendar as day or week Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Right now, the issue I’ve had with loading pages taking for ever since this morning. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Managing agile projects Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Fullstack Developer
What do you like best?

As forecast doing updates regularly and providing best user experience possible. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Attaching media to tasks are not as good as it can be. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It saves a lot of time Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

IA
What do you like best?

Easy to input hours and to track hours on Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Navigating through many tasks on a project Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Project management primarily for hours reporting as connected to particular tasks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I think the time allocation is probably the best feature once you get the grip of it Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The fact that it's constantly changing and you have to adapt after entering to the new method promptly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Now that we're getting Enterprise-Ready, it probably being able to scuffle the milestones accordingly helps since a project is always changing i.e. Sprints/Kanban Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Usability, versatility, online information readily available in real time Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike about the software Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Highly recommend Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Project Management in real time, timesheet management, work distribution, project profitability, scheduling resources etc Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Assistant Project Coordinator
Civil Engineering
What do you like best?

I like the Time feature since it is simple, fast, and intuitive to use. I can easily see my projects, cards, and enter my time all in one view. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The best system with great features and no drawbacks seen. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Very quick and easy to use software with great user interface and I highly recommend it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

This software has a easy to use interface and technology allows for the tracking of the progress of all projects and forecast for the future. The customer service is also extremely quick to reply and answer any questions hence time management is very proficient by this software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Do you work for Forecast?