Eventsquid

Eventsquid

Eventsquid is cloud-based, self-serve event registration software.

Work for Eventsquid?

Learning about Eventsquid?

Eventsquid Reviews

Ask Eventsquid a Question
Showing 25 Eventsquid reviews
Leah P.

"Great Product if Seeking Affordable Replacement"

What do you like best?

I love the webpage that EventSquid automatically generates for each of my events/trainings. It's included with the price so I don't need to pay extra to achieve that professional look. The first event we ever used EventSquid, we had more out-of-state folks (and one person from another country) register than ever before! I believe part of the reason is because the website looks so much more professional (and legit) than it did with my previous event management site. Also, the mobile site is amazing and our attendees loved adding agenda items to their itinerary!

What do you dislike?

There are three main issues: 1) I really really really wish there was a group check-out and single payment option. Often my events will have groups of 15+ people that need to be registered and the admin assistant wants to be able to pay for all them at once on one credit card. EventSquid does not have that option and folks have to make 15+ separate payments (which locks out their credit card because it looks like duplicate charges). The only way around it is for folks to call me directly and for me to process a credit card over the phone on a separate payment portal, then I have to go into EventSquid and mark everyone off as paid. 2) The reporting function doesn't provide the most up-to-date balance due, which becomes a problem when I'm trying to look at 1,100 people and figure out who still owes me money or report stuff to our bookkeeper. Instead, I have to export everything into Excel and then create a custom field and formula in order to figure who owes money. That takes a long time and can get frustrating. 3) There are still a lot of bugs with the system. Even when I duplicate an event (and everything stays pretty much the same), I'll have to check everything over and make a couple of fake registrations because guaranteed I'll have to submit a support ticket to fix a random issue or link that doesn't work.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're looking for value and affordability then definitely look at EventSquid. It gives you options (i.e. mobile site and webpages for events) that would cost extra with other competitors.

We solved the issue of needing a robust event management tool at an affordable price and realized that we got more than what we initially thought we wanted. However, there is room for improvement.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Eventsquid
Cynthia G.

"Perfect Event Management for a Mid-Size Organization"

What do you like best?

EventSquid staff offer the best in customer service and training and tech support. They are patient and spend the time you need to get your event designed and up and running smoothly. If you have any technical issues - general response time is almost instantly! They truly care about the experience your attendees and you, as organizer, have from beginning to end! The App was a really great addition and our attendees enjoyed it.

What do you dislike?

At the moment, I have no complaints. Every issue or problem I have had has been dealt with quickly and thoroughly.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a great solution for a medium or larger even association or organization and the price is very affordable and includes the App!!! Customer and Technical Support is beyond stellar!

Our old method of event management and the attendee experience was very outdated and not very smooth. With the old event software, attendees could not get a detailed receipt to see what they signed up for - now they can! Also this is the first year we were able to offer the App experience, which our attendees just loved!

What Event Management Platforms solution do you use?

Ari G.

"Excellent Value and Incredible Service"

What do you like best?

Our firm has used internally, and on behalf of clients, almost all the big event management platforms - we keep coming back to EventSquid when allowed to spec the system. Between the features and pricing, and then the support and customization, we are consistently impressed with our working relationship. Special shout out to the on-boarding team, and the ongoing support team. Almost immediately responsive, always kind, knows their product inside out, can visualize our specialty uses, and put up with idiot users messing thins up reatedly...

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the user interface is not quite as intuitive as we might want, but there is almost always a path forward to figuring it out quickly - even when our demands are ridiculously custom...

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Ask the team for a demo, and give them a little info about your intended use - you will then be blown away by the guys who learned from the other players in event apps, and then did it better and cheaper.

Basically, moving to app platforms is the future of large-scale and first class events. The time saved, streamlined workflows, and immediate reporting allow our team to be not just on top of things, but proactive in making recommendations and executing on behalf of our event clients as well as their attendees.

Randi R.

"Wish we would have discovered Eventsquid sooner!"

What do you like best?

I don't even know where to start. One of the biggest benefits we've received thus far is the ease of registering our customers. Our event is extremely complex with many different rules, exceptions, registration offerings, dozens of different registration categories that influence different registration prices, etc. We've tried several other registration systems and they just simply could not do what we needed it to and our customers were always complaining about the complexity of registering for our events. We were working harder not smarter trying to pull reports/data in our other systems and with Eventsquid, the reports are very easy to use and pull all of the data you need. I researched a couple of the big box registration companies and they were all WAY out of budget but also, they couldn't do what we needed the system to do. Luckily, we came across G2 Crowd and Capterra and saw all of the great reviews about Eventsquid. I was over the moon to learn about all of the features they offered and best yet, it was extremely affordable! Not to mention, their staff is AMAZING! I literally could go on and on about the benefits of this software. If you are looking for a better registration system, look no further. This is your solution!

What do you dislike?

I can honestly say there is nothing I dislike about this software. There were a couple of far-fetched, "in a perfect world" requests we had and their staff quickly modified the system to make it work for us.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do not waste anymore time looking for a solution. This is it! Schedule a demo right now. I'm serious. It was the best decision we ever made. If the system can't do what you need it to, which I would be shocked if it didn't, they will work with you to make it happen.

Through Eventsquid, we've solved problems that we didn't even realize were problems. For example, our accounting department for 34 years has produced invoices for hundreds of participants that wish to be invoiced. It's not hard to do but it takes time. With Eventsquid, the customer creates their own invoices and in their communication center, you can have automated reminders to send to customers that are approaching payment due date or past due. No more individual follow-up emails. Our accounting team was delighted to know that workload had been removed. After our show, we had a team that spent a large amount of time creating an after-show survey (they built our own system) but Eventsquid has a survey tool built in with the mailing lists already available. That freed up a great deal of team for our developers. Additionally, our developers no longer have to build and maintain our custom seating program. Eventsquid has a seating program built in. And, best of all, it works directly from our registrant list so we do not have to import, export and update data in two separate locations. This system is not just benefiting the registration process, it literally is changing our whole organization. We are learning that we can use this software for far more things than just our Symposium registration. We are using it for several other events and day-to-day operations.

Hal M.

"A great event management app with a great client support "

What do you like best?

We were organizing a rather complexed video conference event with live audience that involved three different event venues in Dallas, San Francisco and Tokyo. We were a first time user of event management app that handled from online registration, billing, presenting speaker profiles and providing video contents during and after the event. The communication with attendants and report generation was quite pleasant to use. Eventsquid support consultant helped us device a method to deal with three different time zones by coming up with work around (love it!) which enabled us to push the boundaries of Eventsquid original designs. I think Eventsquid showed flexibility with our demands, and also show a lot of potentials with future developments for us to use.

What do you dislike?

One thing we were unable to over come was dealing with data entry in Japanese language. Since about 1/2 of our attendants were in Tokyo, this was a bit of limiting factor. Hopefully Eventsquid will come up with a solution for us in the future.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Eventsquid is reasonably priced app, with proactive management & client support team.

We needed a platform to automate a lot of event management tasks, and Eventsquid helped us achieve that.

Kay S.

"We used Eventsquid for 4 events last year."

What do you like best?

Their software is very functional. Their customer support is fantastic. They have always been willing to get on the phone or do a webinar to help us. Being new to Eventsquid, we had lots of questions.

What do you dislike?

I wish we could download the graphs from after-event surveys. It would be nice to have a better way to report survey data.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

GIve it a try. It has lots of ways to help you create and manage events.

We now do electronic check in/check out for required workshops at our events. We can download attendees in the custom report area. We used to have paper cards that people turned in after attending a workshop. It was a very manual process to keep up with the attendance.

"Great event software for a great price!"

What do you like best?

The team at Eventsquid did a great job in introducing us to the software and helping us get set up. It was an extremely easy system to use/figure out and allows for a lot of customization for your event. Delegates found the registration process easy and liked how simple it was to access their information after the fact. We loved the custom reporting feature and used it a lot in our post-event evaluation.

What do you dislike?

The team was very helpful during set up and accessible by email. I do wish, however, there was a support phone line or chat function for more instant responses if urgent questions/issues should arise.

The custom reports feature allowed us to access and analyze delegate information in a way that we haven't been able to before. This will help us tailor our event in years to come and collect/analyze multi-year data trends for our event.

Tom B.

"Super easy, super powerful"

What do you like best?

How easy it was to set up our event and get started. We're new users of event management software and were a little worried about the learning curve. There wasn't one. The platform is extremely intuitive and the support they provide is world-class.

What do you dislike?

We're still looking for the downside. Everything has been smooth so far.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Fantastic customer service. They do business right.

We thought we needed an app our attendees could use to see the program, decide which sessions and speakers to see, etc. But what we underestimated was the power of Eventsquid to collect and manage registrations, increase revenue from sponsors and exhibitors, interact with our attendees, and generally increase the level of sophistication of our event.

"Works great for the basics, but issues with user compatibility"

What do you like best?

I like how much the Eventsquid can do--I'm new to my job so I still have yet to learn everything it has to offer--but from guest registration to payments to surveys, almost every aspect of managing an event can be done within the program.

What do you dislike?

The software isn't the most user-friendly, especially for non-internet savvy users. During registration for my last event, I had many guests call me and ask to help them through the registration process--obviously this wasn't efficient. I consider myself a fast learner, and it took me longer than usual to get familiar/comfortable with the software. The dashboard design is also kind of clunky and complicated. It would be nice to have built-in tips and FAQs on various pages so users can try to find answers themselves before contacting support.

It helps save us a lot of time when it comes to registering guests, accepting payments, sending out surveys, and running reports for event records and analysis.

"Best event management system we have used. Easy for us and clients. Felt like it was built for us!"

What do you like best?

Intuitive design. Top-notch customer service. Best price out there especially for all of its capabilities- including event registration and web-based app. Love how these are in one platform so we didn't have to update/sync as we made changes to our event. Easy for our registrants and exhibitors to use. Customizable to meet our unique needs - various registration types, session tracks, as well as layout/look that matches are event theme. Easy reporting functions.

What do you dislike?

There is not an aspect of the software that we did not like. I highly recommend taking advantage of the individual training early on to help build the event well from the start and to learn how to take advantage of EventSquid's functionality. That was critical for us.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I definitely recommend checking out EventSquid for your next event. All of our staff agreed that it was a highly useful product and we have no hesitation renewing for our the next year.

Software that includes event registration, conference program design (i.e. agenda and rooms), website and web-based app- all in one! Streamlined our work and saved staff time. Because we had to build our event quickly, which EventSquid staff were very responsive to, I know we only hit the tip of the iceberg in terms of functionality. Even the iceberg exceeded our needs and we look forward to using more functions this year as we have more time to build our event! All of this for a price that a small non-profit could afford.

AM

"Best Reg System I've Used Yet!"

What do you like best?

From the smooth look and feel on the front end, to the numerous (but not overwhelming) admin customizations, this system has everything covered. Every feature seems to be carefully planned and executed to function the best way possible and the customer service is that of a small business.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes updates are made and buttons/sections are moved or features are condensed into other areas. Even with the update notes that describe the changes and lists where features are moved, it slows you down a bit after learning and getting comfortable with the UI.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be sure to ask detailed questions to ensure this platform can serve all of your needs.

Our needs are usually difficult to fulfill due to the complexity of our registrations and the niche market our organization serves. We've run into systems with registration question caps that did not work for us, among other issues. This system helps us collect a lot of data on our attendees as well as displays the information in graph form to help our Sales team overcome the "no."

"Thank You EventSquid"

What do you like best?

We like being able to use one platform for exhibitor and conference attendee registration - as well as have all of that information populate into a website specifically for our event (which doubles as a conference app). All of the safety features to help walk someone through the registration process are a real plus as well.

What do you dislike?

The exhibitor specific registration part is very basic and has little flexibility. It would be great if it could be configured like the attendee registration. We've made it work for us by making exhibitors an attendee type and having them register that way. Setting up the various registration types can be confusing and time consuming - however EventSquid's support has been very helpful. It would also be nice to have the ability to import session information instead of having to input it all manually.

EventSquid allowed us to use just one program for exhibitor and conference registration as well as a conference app. We used to utilize one program for exhibitor registration and the conference app and another for attendee registration. It also has given us a great looking and easy to use event specific webpage.

Janice T.

"Eventsquid is terrific for complex conferences"

What do you like best?

That our registrants are able tothat our registrants don't have to give us all their information multiple times. That if certain conditions aren't met viz the registrant, the system automatically disallows or allows specific actions they can take.

What do you dislike?

nothing yet. I haven't found anything that we don't like.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're doing a conference or similar with multiple registration rates, a long list of items from which to chose and a lot of dependencies, this really works. And the support is excellent.

We're able to make sure people don't purchase registrants they shouldn't. We're able to make the forms much clearer, meaning our registrants need less hand-holding, saving lots of staff time.

And, as I said above, that our registrants don't have to re-enter biographical and demographic information multiple times.

Tiffany B.

"Great Product for a Great Price"

What do you like best?

Annual licensing fees vs. per-registrant pricing, unlimited events and administrators, mobile app included with each event

What do you dislike?

The only thing I would change is the ability to be more creative with graphics and fonts

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a great product for events and a cost-effective solution compared to many other softwares out there.

I now have the ability to have a complete database with our events and attendees that I can refer back to instead of Excel spreadsheets in various locations. I love the one-stop shop aspect where I can do it all myself - including building the event website, sending communications, creating surveys, and updating the mobile app quickly and easily.

Katie B.

"Very satisfied customer!"

What do you like best?

Eventsquid is great - very user friendly, perfect for our needs. The staff are readily available and respond to inquiries promptly.

What do you dislike?

Nothing at this time, any of our issues are resolved by a staff member right away.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

We love it!

We used to use Cvent and their system was expensive and complicated. Eventsquid has helped us reduce our costs while improving productivity since their software is easy to navigate.

E
Executive Sponsor

"Using EventSquid"

What do you like best?

EventSquid has a number of features/functionality that provide comprehensive registration capabilities. Engagement with and support of the leadership team is excellent.

What do you dislike?

With all web based software, changes are frequent. Better communication of the changes and impact to users would be helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Ensure you have requirements clearly defined prior to implementation. Also ensure you have a technical business champion within your organization.

We wanted software that would allow us to register youth for our program and then once they completed the program engage with them in a timely manner to follow-up and to provide them an ability to become a member of our association.

AE
Administrator in Environmental Services

"Happier Attendees"

What do you like best?

Our 800 attendees at our annual training event expressed great delight at the ease of registering on Eventsquid. They were also pleased with the on-site tools that allowed them to view their agenda, pull up maps and share contact information at the event. Pre-registration and on-site registration was exponentially improved from our previous use of our in-house web site platform.

What do you dislike?

Steep learning curve for setup of the first event. Some of the administrative tools could use more development.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Eventsquid is a good value.

80% reduction in customer service requests.

"Successful in Finding an New Event Platform"

What do you like best?

Our agency has had experience with other event platforms, and we researched many options for our conference registrations. We found success with Eventsquid both with the ease of using their platform and their team. Our questions were always answered in a timely manner demonstrating their great customer service and quick response time.

What do you dislike?

The onboarding process was a little confusing since I was unfamiliar with merchant fees and services. However, Eventsquid guided me and our finance department along the way.

The cost of Eventsquid is unbeatable in the market and more user-friendly. The ease of using the platform has been the most beneficial. We are still in the beginning stages, but we love the look of the event site and the ability to look quickly to find answers on number of participants, paid participants, etc.

Molly R.

"Amazing!"

What do you like best?

The staff is super friendly and EventSquid was so easy to use. Everyone is very helpful and friendly.

What do you dislike?

I wish we could change the format of the website a little bit more. Make it look a little bit more advanced.

We have had no business problems with eventsquid. I have realized that their staff is extremely helpful.

"User-friendly, responsive team"

What do you like best?

EventSquid is the best event software I've used yet. It's got everything I need, and a few things I didn't know I needed. The registration process is really easy, the website is smooth and clean, and all my event details are in one place. It's great.

What do you dislike?

Before the update, it felt like there were a lot of clicks to get to what I was looking for. The new update has improved this, and has consolidated the event builder.

We're able to collaborate with our event contractors without sitting right next to them. Reporting is much easier too, which our book keeper loves

Jody C.

"EventSquid Rocks!"

What do you like best?

It is comprehensive, excellent customer support and provides flexibility for the user to have administrative access.

What do you dislike?

Dislike is a strong word, I find it challenging that each registered guest must have an email address. This is not always possible and you end up "making up" email addresses

Recommendations to others considering the product:

We highly recommend Eventsquid

The Reporting was invaluable. We had instant access to meal counts for our catering commitments, details on our guests that could provide accurate reporting on who was attending.

AR
Administrator in Religious Institutions

"Events made easy"

What do you like best?

The quick and easy setup of event registrations sites makes this a great product for non-programmers to use on a daily base.

What do you dislike?

Would be great if you could link more than one payment gateway to a Squid instance.

Currently, we are not working on any problems. In the past we shared a couple of problems and ideas and the Squid team was quick to respond.

Allison B.

"Life Changing Meeting & Event Registration Platform "

What do you like best?

I love the functionality. It's so robust without being overwhelming. Customer service is amazing.

What do you dislike?

Nothing! I've am the happiest customer!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Stop using whatever you're using now and switch! Seriously! Thank you!

Eventsquid makes registration super easy for my clients. We are corporate planners. We use it for meeting registration and also public events.

"The Salon People & Event Squid"

What do you like best?

The ease & feel of the site as well as the customer support

What do you dislike?

Has room to improve professional look for users and function (i.e. cleaner emails, enhanced texting capabilities and public site design)

Education registration and customer access to information 24/7

Benefits:

Have never text communicated before

Info easily changed/updated

Multi-user access

CM
Consultant in Marketing and Advertising

"Great service for events"

What do you like best?

The automated event registration, and ability to use both website and mobile has made it so easy to allow events to flow organically and all of our people are super excited about the cloud interaction.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that the app has crashed on me a few times

We are solving the way that people register for events and receive details pertaining to the event

Learn more about Eventsquid

Eventsquid Videos

Learning about Eventsquid?

* We monitor all Eventsquid reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.