Daylite Reviews & Product Details

What is Daylite?

Daylite combines the power of a CRM, sales tracking, and project management app all in one for your team. Collaborate better by streamlining your client communication, project management and sales. Daylite helps teams increase efficiency and convert more leads. Create a better client experience when you have everything organized in one place.

Daylite Screenshots

Daylite Reviews

1-25 of 43 total Daylite reviews

Daylite Reviews

1-25 of 43 total Daylite reviews

"Daylite - The Best Software I Have Ever Purchased"

What do you like best?

The thing I like most about the new Daylite is its capability to include files not only in people's and companies' entries, but as well as those in emails. When I am working on a project I can link files to people and have them attached to emails, and also, I don't have to tediously look for an email in my Apple Mail application.

What do you dislike?

Appointment reminder emails -as far as I have been able to figure it out- can't be sent to more than one person, as any email address above the first one is separated by a comma and NO SPACE, so that my email program (Apple Mail) doesn't recognize it as separate email addresses.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Get it. It will make your business go much easier and faster. Plus, you won't lose information anymore.

It completely took care of the eternal searching for related files and items (usually strewn over 4-5 several applications). Projects are streamlined, and updating has been made so much easier.

Owner, Acupuncturist, Chinese Herbalist

"Working well in our small, dynamic team"

What do you like best?

The interconnectedness of all the items in Daylite is the most important feature. Being able to look at an upcoming meeting and quickly review everyone's contacts who are coming, the projects and actions the meeting might relate to, as well as support notes - just amazing.

What do you dislike?

I wish I could put more TYPES of information as links within the system. I'd love, for instance, to be able to drop a clickable Devonthink item link into a task. Instead, that's put in a text field that isn't clickable. Ultimately, any complaints I have I feel confident will be ironed out in future releases, as they are mostly related to device compatability (very minor) and especially use on iOS (share sheet, etc). I should be able to quickly and easily send a URL or an email or even a webpage from that app to Daylite as I can do with other to-do apps. Also, they don't sign a BAA, so I cannot use PHI in the app - if I could - this would run my entire business immediately, including patient records.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Especially wonderful if you are implementing GTD. Having everything interconnected and the extreme flexibility of the task and project management system - golden!

Quickly and easily getting projects, tasks and appointments to my business partner. We've not grown its use beyond the two of us, however, so we're not sure how it will scale. The privacy alone may be difficult to manage. We've been more efficient in our communications and our completion rate of projects has gone up significantly.

Associate
Legal Services

"A clunky mess "

What do you like best?

It connects things together and has a Mac App feel. Contacts integration is pretty good.

It's the only CRM of its size I've ever used, so keep that in mind for the "dislike" section.

What do you dislike?

I'm looking at this program compared to other programs I've used on Mac, not necessarily compared to other CRMs. So maybe this is the cream of the crop. If it is, I'm afraid to see the others...

It is perhaps the clunkiest and most confusing professional program I have ever seen. It is incredibly intimidating to use and learn due to the bad UI design, unintuitive actions, the simultaneously uselessly redundant/non-existent/unhelpful labeling, and one of the worst "more details" and "edit" functionalities I've ever seen (I hate those stacking sidebars that hide everything and cover each other up).

Calendar integration is a joke. The Today view of the Daylite calendar is a joke. The iPhone/iPad app is a joke (it took literally 30 minutes to set up and if I did anything like lock the screen or even pull up the control center, it would crash). And don't even get me started on importing things from other programs...

It's one of those apps that updates all the time and each time it has run another installer... I hate apps that do that.

It's a Mac exclusive app, so why isn't it in the app store???

It's not the worst app I've ever seen, but it comes close.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Go slow when implementing

Keeping track of cases, projects, clients, meetings, appointments, contact info, opportunities. It certainly does all that, but not very well.

IT Manager
Building Materials

"Daylite 6 Self-Serve experience"

What do you like best?

The software integrates well with Apple Mail and makes it easy to archive emails into a centralized database for searching. The calendar and projects functions have been very useful in our organization.

What do you dislike?

MarketPlace focuses a large amount of it's resources on improving and troubleshooting their cloud product and the self-serve product often does not get updated or patched for sometime after. Recently we have found two issues with syncing events between Apple's Calendar app and the Calendar within Daylite. Both issues have been reported and both responses included that cloud based Daylite took precedence.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you can afford it, go with the cloud based system, if for no other reason than being on the leading edge of MarketCircle's updating,

We use Daylite as a CRM, group calendar, and sales project environment. Collaboration and communication have definitely improved with the implementation of this software.

Owner
Computer & Network Security

"This CRM does it all!"

What do you like best?

There is so much to like about this program!

It can basically manage your whole business all in one place.

Start out by entering your Opportunities. Link those to Contacts and Companies. Create custom pipelines with tasks (you can create templates of these so you only need to do the setup once). Apply them to the Opportunity to track and plan your progress.

Once you win the Opportunity, convert it to a project and all your links come over to the new Project. From here you can add new Tasks and Pipelines (again you can create templates here to make this easier).

Track your progress in detail so you'll know exactly where you are at any time with just a glance.

The integrated Calendar makes scheduling a breeze. Check user's free and busy times and set up meetings with them and also with resources (like meeting rooms and projectors, etc) all in one place.

Daylite and integrate with Mac Mail too. So that all your correspondence for a particular project can be captured automatically and kept in your Daylite database for easy searching.

With multiple views you can see your data and filter it in about any way you like. Makes it very easy to drill down on any opportunity, or project or see how people and companies are linked together.

Daylite is truly hard to beat and will help you keep your business running smoothly!

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the report engine is hard to customize. But there are partners to help you with custom reports if needed.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do yourself a favor and try the demo version and you'll see how much can be done with this program!

Managing contacts, projects, opportunities, and just about everything to do with our clients.

Managing Partner & Lead Counseling Attorney
Law Practice

"10+ Year Satisfied Daylite User"

What do you like best?

Daylite's regular improvements make this product extremely helpful in my business. They are committed to making upgrades, and keeping small business working as productively as possible. In addition, Daylite (Marketcircle) has an excellent support team that responds to issues quickly to get my business up and running again, or to remove obstacles that may have appeared by my misuse.

I can't say enough about what an outstanding piece of software (and software company) Daylite is. I have the opportunity to speak to large groups of Mac-using professionals, and without exception, I recommend Daylite. Now with Cloud-syncing, the software gives the best of both worlds (cloud-based, and offline use). It really is the best.

What do you dislike?

Daylite doesn't release upgrades on the bleeding edge of new operating systems. (For instance, they have not released an iPhone X edge-to-edge update). However, I don't see this as a negative since this is my most important business-related software. I prefer that it is always stable, rather than being first to release something new. While there should be progress, there shouldn't be risk to something so important.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Spend timing thinking through the workflows in your business. If you don't know the way you work (or could work better), Daylite isn't going to perform magic for you. That said, the people at Daylite are very helpful at helping you think through this if you ask them.

Daylite helps me run two separate businesses with multiple team members. The software excels for teams 4-10 large.

Registered Representative,“Securities and advisory services offered through KMS Financial Services,
Financial Services

"Forced to move away from Act when I purchased an Apple - Daylite was in the Apple Store"

What do you like best?

It really has amazing relationship database abilities.

What do you dislike?

The learning process has been a complete pain the butt. It is not easy to learn nor is the customer service very good. I would say it is very poor. After 10 years of using Daylite I have gone their cloud services which are fine. I was computer programmer and am a power user now. This process has been painful to learn. Customer service is email, chat, ( and sometimes days before you can get a response ). I HATE their customer service.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure you have the time and resources to learn this - it is not easy or intuitive ( it is getting better ) . Support is weak.

I have now expanded and added a virtual assistant to my financial practice and Daylite really is very powerful and cloud friendly. This software is not for the weak of heart, so if you have the time and resources to learn it, you will be happy. Good luck.

Productivity Coach, Consultant and Teacher

"Best Of Class Business Management for Mac & iOS"

What do you like best?

The UI is beautiful and functional and, since it's a native app, Daylite feels right at home on both Mac and iOS. I like that calendars and contacts can easily be integrated with the Contacts and Calendar apps (and anything that can access these databases) on both Mac and iOS. Daylite also has an amazing Daylite Mail Assistant (DMA) that bridges macOS Mail with Daylite. And I like that Daylite can be used offline.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice to have more ways to automate Daylite without having to hire a developer to write some custom code. While Daylite's calendar system is very capable, it doesn't integrate with third-party schedule systems such as ScheduleOnce.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use the trial to put Daylite through its paces and watch some of the tutorial videos that Marketcircle provides.

I use Daylite as a place to keep track of all of my contacts and to track business-related opportunities and projects. Having all of this in one place and easily accessible is very valuable. And being able to classifying contacts using, among other things, categories and keywords makes it easy to find the data I need and helps ensure that I'm following up regularly with both prospects and clients.

President & CEO
Government Administration

"Fully featured SMB CRM for Mac/iOS"

What do you like best?

Daylite is a comprehensive client relationship management software that we use all day, every day in our small consulting firm. It is highly customizable to your work flow. It is native to the Mac and feels that way. Daylite's contact management function is much, much better and more intuitive than Salesforce. I love that my data is in the cloud but synced locally constantly and consistently.

Outside of all of that raw functionality, it is the little things that Marketcircle has thought through that Mac users will really appreciate. When I hover over a contact's phone number in the Mac version I am prompted with an option to call them using either my iPhone or my VOIP soft phone. In the iOS app when I hang up from a call initiated in Daylite I am prompted to log the contact with all the detail already pre-populated. It is a well thought out and well executed platform.

What do you dislike?

There is not a whole lot to dislike about Daylite. I do agree with some of the other reviewers that the reporting engine is really the only part of Daylite that I struggle to get customized the way that I really want it - but for us, the views available in the application itself are far more important than printed reports. There is an active and robust partner network if you really need a report custom built.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

There is a free trial, sign up for it and see for yourself how this can streamline your workflow.

Contact Management: We have a complete record of not only contacts with a particular person or company, but can also link items that are peripheral to a contact (where I did not make contact with the person, but I need to recall that this other issue may impact them).

Project Management: We run dozens of projects within Daylite. While it is what I would consider "project management lite" it is powerful enough for 95% of what we do. If we need resource leveling and GANTT charts we use Merlin for the Mac (which can be integrated nicely with Daylite, by the way).

Task Management: Nothing better for day-to-day task management.

Candidate Recruiting: the customizable workflows and pre-determined activity sets are perfect for repetitive activities and it has allowed us to literally double the number of projects we are working on simultaneously.

Business Development: Again, customized workflows for our sales cycle allow us to quickly and easily get opportunities into our pipeline and help walk us through each proposal to make sure that we are not missing anything.

"Great CRM system with good usability - everything you need in one spot"

What do you like best?

Daylite will give you an easy overview of current clients or prospects. The organization and rights management is great. The integration to Mac Mail is excellent and makes it easy to have all communication with a client in one spot. Managing your workflows in a Success team is helped by tasks and pipelines.

What do you dislike?

Filtering can sometimes be a bit tricky but all in all very intuitive. The mobile app can be rather slow and crashes regularly.

As a Success Team which uses Daylite within the company next to Sales the importance is keeping up with progress of customer development and to export data on a regular basis to support customer health scores is vital. Daylite will give you an excellent overview at one glance, so even if you are just filling in for colleagues you will deduce the current situation of a customer fairly quickly.

AM

"Great piece of Software if we were still living in 2007"

What do you like best?

Good integration. It just works quite good and stable on my iPhone and my Mac, that is the most obvious advantage.

What do you dislike?

Basic features (like iPhone GSM integration) are not included. Furthermore, Marketcircle can't keep the pace of innovation when it comes to messaging. There is neither a Facebook / Messenger nor a Whatsapp nor an iMessage integration so you need to copy and track contacts which have been initiated via any kind of messengers. Emails are still important, but my customers use many ways to get in contact with me. Furthermore, Maps plugin is useless for our needs as it does not give me any advantage over Google Maps.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it, although customizing may be annoying. But it's the only tool so far that is perfectly integrated in your iOS and Mac eco system.

I can (quite) easily create individual contracts. That's it.

Senior Real Estate Broker
Real Estate
(10,001+ employees)

"A perfect CRM companion"

What do you like best?

Customizations with on Standalone application with Cloud sync.

The calendar and contacts can be sync separately as accounts as CalDav is supported by the application.

Generating reports is easy.

What do you dislike?

No option to use it on the cloud independently. You need to have a Mac with the application installed.

Only for MacOS and iOS platforms.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you prefer a CRM that is offline and still has cloud sync then this will work for you.

Managing my clients, their communication & my tasks. I love it how I can make notes while speaking to the client and all this seamlessly available in my phone.

The customization feature is another jewel. It gives you enough freedom to make it more industry specific and or design specific as preferred by the user.

The reports feature is very good. it could be tricky to customize the reports but once you get the hang of it then it is a piece of cake.

Team contact sharing is standard and viewing each other's calendar is

Warehouse Manager
Consumer Electronics

"Daylite is the God-Program of Information Management."

What do you like best?

There is so much to say about Daylite. It can handle so much information in many ways. You can have the added on ability to have Daylite linked to outgoing mail messages. This is very helpful in linking an email to a task or client to keep track of information. Our company operates its entire structure around Daylite5 (We know Daylite 6 is out but our computers would all have to be updated).

Benefits of the program:

Calendar - You can view your personal calendar and also select company calendar and select each individual person to add their appointments to your calendar. I personally view all the Manager appointments at clients homes as I am the Warehouse Manager making sure each job has the products they need.

Tasks

You can create a task and link it to clients or company's as appropriate. You can fill in time and date info. Can view ones that have been delegated to you, from you, completed or outstanding.

You can add clients, company's, projects, etc. Also, you have the ability to sub categorize a task into someones job such as Scheduling, Invoicing, Ordering, etc.

I use the program to link emails, view clients and their appointments, create a task for the client or company to RMA a product or wire count...

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I would change as this program works flawlessly as it is.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would highly recommend this program as the organization of information for any size business. It is highly worth the price.

Information Management -

I as Warehouse Manager for Atlanta Home Theater use Daylite as the cornerstone of our business. By linking emails, creating tasks, viewing the schedule - I ensure each job has its product, every RA item is fixed or replaced, and all information documented.

Principal
(Myself Only)

"Finally using Daylite ot my advantage"

What do you like best?

Tracking all of my communications with my clients all in one place.

What do you dislike?

Daylite is more complicated than I thought it would be, but once you understand how it works it all makes sense. I have had Daylite for over 10 years and once I got help from Aprile in Customer Success things changed.

Daylite has helped me become more organized and responsive to my clients.

"DayLite integrates key functions: CRM, todo manager, calendar and email"

What do you like best?

Integration with Apple Mail. For me at least many of my work flow tasks start with email. Actioning an email, and having it automatically linked to a company, person, project/opportunity and task can be a real time saver and relatively frictionless. This makes it easier to this behaviour into a habit thus improving your CRM's and project management effectiveness.

What do you dislike?

I wish it supported Outlook (for integrated email). I find the UI aesthetics of many of the input capture screens/windows a little dated.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Daylite is very flexible tool and there are many ways to implement an effective workflow. Don't feel like you have to make use of all features or that you can't change how you use it once you start

Finding things. It allows to you capture ample details, which you can easily find years later.

Band Leader
Music

"Simple and Elegant"

What do you like best?

I like the Apple integration and the ability to use my iPhone. I am exclusively Apple based for computing and mobile data.

What do you dislike?

I had problems when I was a self serve user. The cloud version is more expensive but flawless so far

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are an Apple user I highly recommend it

Following up leads managing projects and keeping up to date with tasks. I am a scatty musician and I find that Daylite has helped me be more focused.

UL

"Daylite—Best Contact Resource Management and Calendaring Software"

What do you like best?

While Daylite is quite simple to initially implement into your work environment, it is also highly customizable. The ability to create new sets of tasks and recurring events make it indispensable to the functioning of our law firm.

What do you dislike?

While not an issue for our practice, I am not sure whether Daylite has a feature, which allows a user to import contacts from another CRM provider. If that option is not available, this could cause an issue if your office was to switch from another provider to Daylite.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Our firm uses Clio for our practice management software. While that product is exceptional, the calendaring and Contact Resource Management functions could be improved. For this reason, we utilize Daylite for these functions. As Daylite offers so much customizability and is so feature-rich, it is the sole additional software we require to effectively and efficiently run our business. I would recommend that existing Daylite users spend the time to customize the software to perfectly fit your specific business needs.

We are able to accurately track ROI regarding marketing, business development, and referral tracking by utilizing Daylite. As the software allows the user to connect people, projects, and tasks, it very efficiently allows our firm to track where new referrals were generated, what new matters have resulted from previous marketing activities, and the customizable calendaring features are exceptional.

"One and Done"

What do you like best?

This is a huge all-encompassing phone book. You can link together companies, employees, all their contact information, save all the emails associated with specific people, create sales opportunities, assign tasks to people. It's a great way to look up a client card, see who they're associated with, see the last emails you sent them and so on.

What do you dislike?

The only drawback is that it sometimes randomly creates reminders/tasks.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You won't regret it!

I'm a Project Manager. When I get a new client, I can input their contact information into Daylite and then all the emails we've had with them previously will be synced to that contact card. So whenever I need to look up previous emails, I can go to the client rather that scrolling through my emails.

Owner & Dance Instructor
Professional Training & Coaching
(Myself Only)

"One man show "

What do you like best?

Organization, retrieval ease of use, Daylite cloud ability to communicate with one or many

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike about Daylite. I constantly learn more how house it

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I am a one man show with a 3500 person database. I am on the Daylite cloud and easily move from iMac to iPad to iPhone to MacBook Pro seamlessly. I make a change on one it instantly is on all others.

Communications and mobile flexibility, planning, task management

Director Customer Success & Support

"Powerful, but with tiny glitches"

What do you like best?

The integration of of everything in one CRM - e-mail, Calendar, Contacts, Projects, Opportunities, even Time-Logging if you want it. Cross-topic linking means that all relevant information is reached within simple clicks. This enables all departments to work in one app and share calendars, resources, and contacts.

What do you dislike?

Direct E-mail integration is only available with Apple's Mail - a channel for gmail and/or other apps would be great. And the Mail plugin is not easy to live with, automatic linking often doesn't make any sense, and it crashes regularly.

Customer Relationship management in a SaaS company. For us, the smooth workflow means we can effectively work together with sales and other departments.

"Perfect CRM and Project Management for Mac"

What do you like best?

Pure Mac-like interface and great integration with mail. Cloud Service work very well.

What do you dislike?

Minor features missing in the iPhone apps. No integration with MS Outlook. Sync of contacts with social media apps like linkedIn and xing.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use the trail offer. Talk to IOSXperts if you are German speaking. Great support!

Full scope of CRM functions including Mail Chimp integration. Project planning and tracking.

Retoucher
Photography

"Excellent Filing/Address Book System"

What do you like best?

The ability to add so much information about the client or business being entered is excellent. We have multiple addresses, phone numbers, misc. data about each of our clients in the system.

What do you dislike?

There should be an easier way to switch which address and phone number is the primary one for each client.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It’s a great product. I highly recommend this for better organization managing different clients at once.

Easy to keep track of current and past clients. We know exactly when each client gave us business.

Customer Service Representative
Internet

"Good CRM, but can be unstable"

What do you like best?

I like the optic and the integration with a mac

What do you dislike?

It is sometimes a little bit slow and makes some trouble

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Read some storys from the Daylite Blog to get some ideas what you can do with this software

I am using it for daily busines. We can see how the communication with customer is and what our sales people are doing.

Area Manager

"Daylite is a powerful tool to manage customer contact."

What do you like best?

Integration with Apple devices and ease of use

What do you dislike?

Would like to see integration with Outlook mail the same as with Apple mail.

Not missing opportunities and nothing falls through the cracks.

CEO
Investment Management

"CRM / Mail"

What do you like best?

One of the beast integration with Apple Mail - no need to use CRM’s (usually poor compared to Mail) mailing feature - keep using all the goodies / plug-ins of Apple Mail.

What do you dislike?

Need some polishing here and there, but overall, quite good already.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a try

Contact - task - email - cal cross-linking

Daylite Pricing

Daylite Features

• Contact & Account Management
  • Opportunity & Pipeline Mgmt.
  • Task / Activity Management