Clicky Reviews & Product Details

What is Clicky?

A "Web 2.0" analytics tool that makes it easy and fun to discover how people are using your web site.

Clicky Profile Details

Clicky Profile Details

Roxr Software
Description
Roxr is a small company founded in late 2006, and based in Portland, OR, USA. We are the creators of Clicky Web Analytics, a "Web 2.0" analytics tool that makes it easy and fun to discover how people are using your web site.
2006

Clicky Reviews

1-13 of 13 total Clicky reviews

Clicky Reviews

1-13 of 13 total Clicky reviews

"Bye Google Analytics, Hello Clicky"

What do you like best?

So, so so easy to use and see where the information is. At one glimpse you can see where the visitors came from, what device they were on and how many of them were on your site. It gives the same information as GA but in a very friendly interface.

It has some amazing features like monitoring uptime, social media, feeds, custom links for sharing (clicky.me). It's one of those old gems we come across online once in a while.

They also have a lot of plugins developed by its fans (including me) that will install clicky on any plataform.

What do you dislike?

Oh, my only issue with Clicky is the 2000's interface. It could be updated, more responsive, have an app for android and iOS, but it does not seem that they are concerned with it till now.

I believe eventually someone will take the matter into their own hands and build it themself, God knows I almost did it myself.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Don't let the old interface fool you. The system is solid, has the same numbers as GA and will not let you down. It's definetely worth a try.

I switched fully from GA because it was just overwhelming for me. I need simply to know how many visitors were at my site in the previous day and clicky makes it easier for me to check that.

CEO
Design

"I love the Clicky UI. It’s uncluttered"

What do you like best?

I love the Clicky UI. It’s uncluttered, yet displays everything I want to see. Another important aspect for me are goals. You can set up different goals to be notified when these happens. For example, I can see who's browsing my website from my customers and I can contact them manually to offer another discount.

While this may seem like a minor feature, but it’s one of my favorite Clicky capabilities. Every morning, when I open up my email and I get email reports from my most important sites.

What do you dislike?

There’s only one complaint I really have of Clicky which is that retrieving data by data range can be fairly slow. For example, specifying a date range of 14 days took a few seconds while choosing a 90 day range took about 15 seconds.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I know most of you probably have Google Analytics on your site, but I encourage you to check out Clicky to see if you like it. You will find it’s much easier to use and you’re not leaving scary footprints behind.

I know immediately from which medium i have the conversion. If i am advertising on a website i know that from that website i have 10 sales. Since i am suing clicky i know which websites are bringing me profit.

"Clicky Is A Great Analytics Extender"

What do you like best?

I LOVE that I can use visitor IP address within the reports to connect conversions and important events which Google Analytics does not allow. This allows me to dig deeper into specific visitor behavior.

What do you dislike?

The limited reporting date ranges and being limited to 10,000 records when I export my data are two annoyances I have with an otherwise amazing analytics platform

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Clicky offers very detailed insights and click tracking reporting on sites. Running it alongside Google Analytics allows deeper analysis into user habits and paths.

Clicky provides a very detailed conversion path because I can connect the dots between platforms that track IP address. Unlike Google Analytics I do not need to do custom reporting to dig into the details - I can download a dump of step-by-step analytics I can report on.

CEO

"Clicky Real-time Analytics"

What do you like best?

When compared to Google Analytics the primary advantages are the real-time reporting and unsampled data. Google has made vast strides in this area, but Clicky remains a strong competitor as a stand alone analytics solution for your website.

It is incredibly easy to implement, even compared to pasting in a Google script. It is always worthwhile to check your Analytics data against another service to see if there is any discrepancy or other errors.

If you are running an agency and want to white label their service you can do that with Clicky and provide your own custom Analytics dashboards for your clients.

All users are Clicky affiliates, so you can earn enough referrals you can use the paid features :-) not too shabby.

What do you dislike?

There are a lot of features that are paid that you are probably used to seeing in Google Analytics. Doesn't really show search keywords for impressions like Google Webmaster Tools.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

A lot of the features are only available on the paid subscription.

It doesn't really do anything other than fill in the gaps that Google Analytics leaves behind. Real-time was the best thing but they both do that equally well now.

"Great software for zooming in on users"

What do you like best?

The ability to zoom into analytics at the user level in combination with very robust user data. The platform allows users to segment by very useful segments in ways that GA and others don't have or allow for. And finally, the ability to customize for such a low-cost product is pretty robust.

What do you dislike?

On its own, Clicky does lack some of the capabilities around analyzing trends within the platform. I also recall some instances of goals not firing for users despite goal completion being shown within the platform. Also, this may no longer be a limitation, but exporting data had a very narrow data limit.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

While this platform does not alleviate the need for a more high level, trend-focused software, Clicky in combination with a platform like Google Analytics is a dangerous combination for website intelligence, especially for small and medium-sized businesses, and at a more than reasonable price point.

Used in many ways, but primarily to zoom in on converting website users in an effort to determine high-value audiences.

All in one Internet Specialist
Internet

"Website analytics the easy way!"

What do you like best?

With Clicky you login to your account an you see all information you need! Compared to other analytics software there is no need of training or special skills. Even my grandma is able to use Clicky. I really like the option to follow a complete trail of a visitor who viewed multiple page in a session.

What do you dislike?

Beside pricing :) there is not really an integration for ecommerce or Adwords like in Google Analytics. Will say If I need to track/report sales and conversions for paid visits I need to use another system. But for the quick insides Clicky is still a better choice. The support department could answer my questions a bit faster.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try or use free version, if you like it upgrade to PRO to enable the advanced features. It's worth the money, most of all if you have more than one website!

My customers are able to check their website stats without any training. I can analyze the behavior of single visitors and get information about possible flaws (for example if they exist the site on a specific page)

AM

"Good indepth tracking"

What do you like best?

Real time statistics are key for this system. We implemented Clicky for a client that required real time stats and was not extremely tech literate. It fit the bill perfectly. It is much more user friendly than Goggle Analytics in our experience

What do you dislike?

It's hard to justify the expense for a paid version of Clicky when you can get so many of the same features with Google. That being said, we found it was worth the price because it met the need of that particular situation.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use Clicky if you want a more user friendly dashboard and a higher level of customer support. Those 2 features set it apart by far. The free version allows for 3k views per site and is sufficient for testing the system.

Ability to see real time stats, track ip addresses. The client we used this for was better able to pinpoint the actions taken on their site and where the site visitors were physically located.

Founder
Research

"Competent for real-time analytics, but hampered by lack of keyword support by search engines"

What do you like best?

Clicky does a good job at providing real-time information about what's going on in a web property. Its one-screen dashboard display is a good addition to real time intelligence, especially for busy news sites.

What do you dislike?

This is less a difficulty with Clicky and more an issue with real time web analytics in general: free information in real time about what keywords are generating clicks is no longer available from Google, and that makes watching news sites for intelligence about what's happening in the world much less interesting.

Clicky addresses the question of real time intelligence about what consumers of a news site are interested in right now, and what parts of that site they are clicking on. It's valuable during breaking news to assist in understanding how reporting can get feedback from analytics.

Professional Writer and Blogger, Journalist
Writing and Editing

"Awesome Analytics with Clicky"

What do you like best?

I use Clicky on many sites to get in-depth, real-time analytics. I particularly like the easy to read charts and the breadth of information that's available. It's so user-friendly that even if you're new to using it, you can get meaningful data. It's easy to install ( a simple code snippet) and has a unique approach to bounce rate.

What do you dislike?

The only niggle with Clicky is that some reports have date limitations on them, which means you don't always get the overview you are looking for. But mostly Clicky works very well.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's always good to use more than one analytics option to compare data - Clicky is my top choice for that option.

Clicky makes it easy to understand what visitors to my site are doing, whether I'm looking in real time or reading a report.. It also helps me put together an annual overview of site metrics which can help with marketing efforts.

Marketing consultant + Web Designer
Internet

"Easy to install on site and easy simple reporting"

What do you like best?

Not so many features like google analytics, hence, easier to navigate. If you need analytics for a non techy type this works well

What do you dislike?

I do not believe this can compete with the feature rich google analytics platform but then again I gthink it is for a different need. So all in all it is still good.

Being the webmaster for an ecommerce site I was in control of the settings and views for google analytics. However being that my colleagues wanted to have some access to some basic analitics I used Clicky to give them the access for things they need.

"Highly trusted and recommended for accurate web analytics"

What do you like best?

The software keeps real time track of the website in a professional manner. One of the great features I really like is Heatmaps because I am able to segment out visitor's data that is constantly being filled out on my website. Also, the software generates bounce rate and accurate graphs to display a real time comparison of how well the visitor's perform relative to one another, which makes the software my personal favorite.

What do you dislike?

The software comes in with a lot of technical features that it can be confusing to navigate at times. The software presents the data in a way that it's too much clicking and I have personally lost my way multiple times.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

-Live links for each visitors

-Twitter Analytics included

The software is a very good solution for people who are established in their business and have lots of visitors on their website.

Senior Web Developer
Wholesale

"Awesome Real-time Analytics"

What do you like best?

Clicky has a great interface and it's real-time analytics are excellent. You can dig deep into the data with just a few clicks. It also allows you to track specific sources so you can monitor traffic from known locations very easily.

What do you dislike?

The interface is a bit old and dated. It could use a refresh for improved UX.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need a solid and inexpensive real-time analytics package Clicky is a great option. Highly recommended.

Access to real-time analytics that show more information than Google Analytics makes available.

C
(Myself Only)

"Solid Analytics Solution"

What do you like best?

Easy to use and understand analytics for multiple sites.

What do you dislike?

Not sure, really have enjoyed using their service for years.

Website analytics