Our relationship with our account rep Hannah, who did everything in her power to find ways to help us find some form of success on the platform. She was incredible.
They responded to my initial review which I appreciate and have softened some of the language below.
Onboarding experience was rough around the edges and integration isn't super user friendly.
1. HubSpot integration requires you to manually map every field.
2. You can't push data to BrightTALK. This means you have to use their form for sign up which means:
3. You have to send people to a page hosted on their website. The other option is hosting their form on your own site, but there is no code customization. Both options result in you losing user-level tracking and an inability to track events and goals in Google Analytics. Essentially, you're losing tracking on the effectiveness of your entire webinar program.
4. This also means that they're providing information to BrightTALK, so not only are they going to hear from us, they're going to get emails from their marketing team about other unrelated webinars.
5. Despite selling us the natural fit of their audience, registration numbers were incredibly low. They tried to compensate by giving us 4 premium, mock-live webinars. We tried that once and got 5 signups, one was me, one was a BrightTALK employee. It wasn't even worth the effort to get it live.
**UPDATE: They responded to this bullet claiming they got us 50 free leads. I went back to check on the quality and I counted 3 that resembled anything remotely close to our target market. Others included companies like XYZ, Personal, Test, Withheld and a competitor.
7. After all of this and constant back and forth, we decided it wasn't worth the effort to continue using their platform, despite the fact that we had 6 months left on our contract. After informing them of our decision, they responded claiming we have had 28 views on a webinar in 6 months. Half of those views were from internal employees.
**UPDATE: They have since followed up. While I don't agree with most of it, I appreciate the follow-up.