Brainshark Reviews & Product Details

Brainshark Overview

What is Brainshark?

Brainshark’s data-driven sales readiness platform provides the tools to prepare client-facing teams with the knowledge and skills they need to perform at the highest level. With best-of-breed solutions for training and coaching, as well as cutting-edge insights into sales performance, customers can ensure their sales reps are always ready to make the most of any selling situation. With Brainshark, companies can: enable sales teams with on-demand training that accelerates onboarding and keeps reps up-to-speed; validate readiness with sales coaching and practice that ensure reps master key messages; empower teams with dynamic content that can be created quickly, updated easily and accessed anywhere; and use powerful scorecards to visualize sales performance trends and make real connections from improved readiness to increased revenue. Thousands of customers – including more than half of the Fortune 100 – rely on Brainshark to close performance gaps and get better results from their sales enablement initiatives. Learn more at www.brainshark.com.

Brainshark Details

Brainshark’s sales readiness platform gives you the tools to prepare all your client-facing teams with the knowledge and skills they need to perform at the highest level. With best-of-breed solutions for training, coaching, content and more, you can ensure reps are always ready to make the most of any selling situation. Thousands of companies – including more than half of the Fortune 100 – rely on Brainshark to get better results from their sales enablement initiatives

Brainshark

Brainshark Screenshots

Brainshark Reviews

Showing 435 Brainshark reviews
Already have Brainshark?
What do you like best?

Brainshark gave a centralized place for learning, practicing, and enablement. Gave up-to-date updates on completion of learnings. Upside is the ease of use when getting assigned a learning. We are notified through email which provides a link to the direct learning course. The versatility of Brainshark was also an upside, Brainshark is more than just a video-watching tool. It provides you with an interactive way of learning by allowing slides for knowledge checks, and document submission. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

One aspect of Brainshark that I dislike is the confusion of tabs when a learning has been assigned. Course catalog is very useful as it provides you with all of the available courses but it is somewhat overwhelming on the first look. Although this is fixed by applying a filter to what is relevant to you in your role, I believe it should be organized in a more appealing way. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The biggest sales problem that Brainshark has resolved is the problem of onboarding a new position in a remote setting. Sales enablement would have been nowhere near as efficient and effective if we did not have a tool like Brainshark. As an employee starting a remote positron the Brainshark has allowed me to excel in my sales enablement and is available for me when I want to refreshed a course whenever I feel the need to. Although nothing else compares to in-person learning, Brainshark has been the next best thing to it by providing us with a centralized place for sales enablement. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

it is very easy to navigate and get around in the trainings. The info is explained very well with ease for understanding. it's nice that you can retake the quizzes if you didn't get all the answers right and also it is great that they have interactive videos to keep you focused on the task at hand rather than not paying attention and just clicking through all for the pages and entire powerpoint and then not learn anything because you were worig on something else Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

when taking the quizzes and you don't answer correctly , it would be nice to know what the correct answer is. I go back through the material and find it out just to make sure, but would prefer a short explanation of what it should have been. When you go back to review a previous slide it then makes you watch the entire video on the next slide again, would like to recognize it was already done. and not have to repeat it again and again. I dislike that this review will not tell what more they want from me to get the gift card they promised for a "short" survey. how will i even know if i have answered enough essays. do you want a 10 page single typed review with at least 13,000 words? Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is safe and easy to use. easy to train others on how to use it. Much smoother than the training app from previous employer. nice to see a transcript on your progress and what is still needed to be completed. having a complied list of everything you will need to do in the future is a nice addition with this system. just try it and found out how you feel about it. you never know if you at least jump of the ledge and make it happen. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

learning new and updated processes to better assist our clients. everyone learns the same thing about all our same products and systems. rather that multiple people explaining things differently to the new employees Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It is easy to see where you are at in your lessons and love the in lesson knowledge checks! Easy to see different types of activities that are needed and easy to know who to reach out to internally for any questions.

I like the interface as it is clean and simple, not too much to distract from the real purpose, to learn :) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it is not easy to see what lessons are required and are out of date. I also wish there was a CC option so that I am able to multitask and complete trainings as I am able to complete other mundane work.

I am not sure how to reach out to the Brain Shark team if I were to have a question, but I am not sure if that is because I have not needed to reach out to the team yet. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

To pay attention to all the different aspects of Brain Shark, sometimes trainings would be hidden in different categories and hard to find. Clear up with internal first. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Learning how to sell effectively and to bring value in every conversation. Topics ranging from how to sell, target personas, how to speak to these personas, different titles under differing departments and orgs, product knowledge, security and other general topics related to business in general and to stay aligned on company policies.

Also to keep up to date on product updates and the messaging behind it. We have been able to watch demos, practice calls, get knowledge checks and see different use cases of different product launches with coaching integrated as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Corp Sales Enablement Consultant
What do you like best?

I like the structure of the courses. I think they are easy to watch, skip ahead by chapters, take quizzes on, etc. I also like the ease of uploading or recording videos from my phone or computer. Also, as an administrator, I like the ease of creating content and uploading coaching activities and videos. Creating content and editing it is super easy using brainshark. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The search parameters for looking for courses don't make sense. For instance, search auto searches my enrollments, but I'd rather it search all courses, since it's easy to view and filter my enrollments. In addition, it isn't easy for a director to view their managers teams. We've found a work around, but a hierarchy structure would improve visibility and reporting. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

By doing short easy to access content in curriculums we're making virtual self paced training more accessible and easy to digest. We're also using coaching activities to better structure 1x1s for managers to focus on development. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love the video analysis provided by Brainshark it allows me to get quick feedback on my videos and has awesome insights into tone of speech and content which I have found to be very accurate. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I find the user interface as a learner to be unintuitive and confusing. The difference between Learning and Coaching isn't clear and often click back won't take my back to where I expect to be. Sometimes curriculums don't work as expected and honestly the home page feels kind of pointless, it just provides a summary of other users videos instead of my tasks or my videos or really anything related to why I actually logged in. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Providing an online learning tool to train sales skills. Some of the benefits I've seen are greater collaboration and idea sharing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Offers engaging content and allows for user to go back and review topics that they need extra help with. Super easy to navigate and to track your progress. Also the coaching and reports tabs are helpful as additional resources. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far! Very comprehensive tool for trainings! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need a one-stop-shop solution for training and onboarding new employees, Brainshark is a no-brainer! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Doing a lot of trainings for a new job, so I'm trying to absorb a ton of info over a very short period of time. Brainshark has allowed me to get up to speed with my peers so I can hit the ground running and make an impact ASAP. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Chief Marketing Officer
What do you like best?

Very simple to use without compromising the specifics of evaluation that we used to evaluate performance. Whenever Rekener doesn't provide a second-hand data point, they respond with a solution rather quickly. They realise that only some KPIs get the same treatment across organisations, that significantly helps this adaptability. Along with this the sharing of the info offers a complete introduction to the overall performance of a sales force of an organisation. The staff notices a wishlist and also discovers a workaround or even a brand new feature within the upcoming spot if sufficient customers demand it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It might be hard to build a brand new metric because some coding must be completed. The support staff responds to the requested KPIs immediately. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend using this. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The quota rating by itself is ex-post facto for a sales representative. Measurement of KPIs is an excellent way for supervisors being proactive when coaching the employees of theirs to face possible issues. I also can share performance separately with the product sales staff, that is much like the whole team. The information also assists leaders to forecast coming sales staff needs; for instance, more representatives are needed or perhaps the time is ready to decrease. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Easy to use software that is well designed for user ease. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I least like that review of prior material has to in order from beginning to end, one page at a time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If your company has more than 20 employees that require training for any aspect of the job, Brainshark makes it easy to track training and completions of courses. Annual reverification are easily tracked and issued to users with a click of a button making certifications easily tracked and completed by all users of the software. The content is easily unloadable and edited by admin that will edit any info that is necessary for course completion and easy tracking. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

POS training for sales position, step by step instruction is a benefit. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I appreciate that training for such a broad range of topics is available in one place. Whether it be laws, state requirements or just expectations for a particular position, this platform brings it all together in one easy to navigate location. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some of the courses are harder to find due to needing exact titles instead of being able to use key words to bring up an assignment. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely worth trying for complete and thorough training of your team! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have used brain shark for consistent training throughout all of the different teams and facets. Whether in the warehouse or on the sales floor. Brainshark is consistent and we are able to set base line training for all of our employees and staff. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The layout is intuitive and attractive. The course content and attachments are in different tabs, and it helpfully moves along the outline as the course plays through. It's a good mix of simulating classroom training and being interactive with the knowledge checks. I like it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It's not really on Brainshark's plate, but I wish there were more "public" courses for me to discover. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Most onboarding e-learning courses are stiff and boring, either too passive or relies too much on users to hit the next button like a slideshow. Brainshark hits a great balance of being engaging with a really appealing interface. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AH
What do you like best?

1) It was the first time seeing our SME's in quadrants.

2) It is also very nice to have the accompanying infographic as reference.

3) The images and slide transitions of the actual presentation was lovely.

4) Having a producer was very nice to see in action as well. (I wish I had one.) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Because the speaker was going through the presentation at a steady pace, instead of taking notes, I was snipping the screen to OneNote, but even with using this method, I still missed a couple of slides.

If I were just watching the presentation and depending on my (faulty and unforgiving) memory, I would have enjoyed the presentation much more (in the moment), but because I want to reference the content later on, I was more focused on getting the snips. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am just on Day 8 in my role as the Sr. Sales Trainer, so I cannot give you an educated answer just yet.

From what I understand, I will be building training, creating an on-boarding curriculum, and tracking participation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

President and Chief Operating Officer
What do you like best?

The Coaching Program's machine learning component is the best enablement feature I have seen in 20-years. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Once you publish your videos in a course the platform has no video editing software. In order to update video content you have to delete the entire course, re-do the content outside of the platform and re-create the class vs. edit it in its current state. A video editor would save us a ton of time and would be a huge help for keeping our content updated and current. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We hire 20-30 new sales people each month. We have two fulltime trainers for a month long sales readiness onboarding program. Without Brainshark we can't scale, without scale we can't grow fast enough to meet the demand of our customers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Using PowerPoint to create a Brainshark is the most difficult part of making a Barinshark; it is simple and intuitive! Honestly, very easy to figure out what it is you want to do. There are plenty of options and tools to make your presentation professional and impressive, while not being overwhelmed by those options and tools. Being someone who works in Storyline each day I was skeptical, thinking that Brainshark might be overly complicated to use, too simplistic to be impressive, and useless since I already use Storyline. However, Brainshark's broad application and ease of use make it an invaluable tool that compliments Storyline and its capabilities. Probably the most impressive aspect of Brainshark is the customer service. I was assigned to a representative and he walked me through my issue and how to resolve it... but that did not fix the problem. Instead of making an excuse or just apologizing; the Brainshark customer service rep let me know they were having problems with this particular feature and helped me find a work around. In the meantime he escalated the issue with their IT department and provided me status updates over the course of the next 48 hours until the issue was fixed. He made me feel like I could contact him anytime with a question or issue, he was more of a coworker than customer support representative. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Brainshark does have limited editing capabilities, especially with audio. You really need to make sure you are prepared and ready to create when you start or you might need to just restart the process depending on the edits you need to make. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

In general, Brainshark is easy to use, so I can send a Brainshark to a guest speaker and have them record their audio into a presentation without worrying. Brainshark is simple, intuitive and it provides clear directions that are easy to follow. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AC
What do you like best?

The Brainshark support team is incredibly helpful. they are quick to respond and willing to set up a call to help you work through any of your issues. I also greatly appreciate that they take and respond to product development submissions. They listen to what their user base wants and respond. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are many things that in my opinion are much harder than they need to be. Some examples off the top of my head include submitting powerpoint slides as certificates, managing users and groups is very unintuitive, the admin GUI is outdated and cumbersome, thumbnails for courses are displayed in different sizes depending on what page you are on, courses open in new windows and we had to train our organization how to exclude Brainshark from their pop-up blocker, the home page is essentially useless.

Overall I'd like to see a complete overhaul of the user experience. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We went with Brainshark as an LMS because of three reasons:

1. Video response for sales training. Machine learning within coaching is very helpful.

2. The management of internal training is very flexible in the ability to create curriculums and folders available to only specific departments.

3. External training. Through presentations and grade book we have been able to offer training courses for all of our products without having to make them create an account. We can also link to the trainings from our own website. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I enjoy having everything right in front of me. It is very user friendly and easy to navigate. The ability to have everything at your fingertips is essential for the way I learn, and my ability to succeed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It sometimes appears to be a bit cluttered. I feel as if I haven't utilized all of the functions of Brainshark, because I simply don't know how and wasn't showed a tutorial of all of the "extras" that might be out that that would be useful to me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend that those considering Brainshark get a tutorial on all of the benefits and features it has to offer. As mentioned above, I use it for education and for the purpose of watching the online courses I am enrolled in. I would recommend making a risk-benefit analysis when considering Brainshark and other companies. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Brainshark is helping me earn my masters degree. I have realized the benefits of using Brainshark and how fundamental it is in my learning and progress towards my degree. It is the interface that I use to learn and watch all of my class enrollment videos and how I utilize the website is primary education related. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director, Member Engagement
What do you like best?

I love the ability to upload a presentation and add audio one slide at a time. This allows for edits to the audio and additions and deletions to a presentation at any time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I stuggle the with questions and branching but probably just need more trianing on how to do that better. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Easier reporting. I find I have to create 2-3 reports to get everything I need especially when creating tests/quizes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Client Training: I needed a way to create recording training to post in our company portal for 24-7 access. I also like that I can create "Quick Tip" videos from my larger presentations by just pulling out certain slides and the audio also is included.

Internal Training and Onboarding: Our users can access client facing training assets but also take quizes that are designed to grade their knowledge of the products. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Brainshark has become the one place I can look to find what I need, no matter the topic or where I am working from. I wouldn't want to use anything else. I love it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

So far nothing. At previous companies SOPs and other information were stored in different locations depending on the department. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Streamlining, documenting and storing various contracting processes and other ancillary documentation for Sales and Account Management Teams, for both on boarding and refresher training. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

- User Experience

- Easy to use

-Friendly appearance.

- Very powerful.

- Versatile.

In general, it is a very very good online software in order to share content and in my specific case, share training material. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

A lot of things on the same screen, sometimes this will disrupt.

You can improve the botons of the main screen in order to make it more clear. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it, you will not be disappointed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are using it in order to do internal training. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Realtor
What do you like best?

Once a task is assigned to me, it is easy to understand my instructions and complete my task. It also saves my work, if I don't complete in one setting. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I haven't encountered any issues. I have been using brainshark for a year now. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Brainshark has made the onboarding process for new employees very manageable, especially for remote employees. It is also easy to use for additional training that may be needed for my team or for the whole company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Brainshark is a good system to use for company's to teach their employees how to do things. The Videos are really easy to access. I have had a lot of use with Brainshark and they have always been very easy to access an use/watch. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is really noting that I dislike about Brainshark. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

THe benefits I have with Brainshark is that my work is able to show us how to use new tools at work through videos. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AH
What do you like best?

Brainshark is simple and straightforward. It allows you full flexibility and customization to Author training courses as well as Coaching tools at the end to ensure your team goes next level after they've completed their training. They make you look smarter by implementing high-level tools that you can select to use and the training on their website makes you in a subject matter expert so you can create the best training for you team even if you're a newbie as a teacher. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I haven't run into any downsides other than the backend (Authoring) experience doesn't look as flashy as the frontend site, but this is overwhelmed by the ease and functionality when creating courses. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The sky's the limit. The only limitation is your imagination but Brainshark also helps you get past that by bringing amazing tools that you may not have otherwise known about. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Brainshark is giving us a platform to bring people off the streets, and get everybody on a level playing field regarding our systems and culture and then taking them into offices ready to hone what they've learned for their specific region or demographic. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.