Bitrise

4.8

Bring back the joy of app development! Mobile Continuous Integration & Delivery for your whole team, with dozens of integrations for your favorite services.

Work for Bitrise?

Learning about Bitrise?

Bitrise Reviews

Ask Bitrise a Question
Showing 59 Bitrise reviews
Bitrise review by Atsushi I.
Atsushi I.

"Simple & customizable CI / CD"

What do you like best?

Ease of setup

- Cooperation with GitHub is smooth, and projects can be easily created simply by selecting on the GUI

Ease of customization

- It is possible to add, delete and change steps on GUI

- A wealth of standard step functions

- I can also prepare your own step by script

- Can edit steps on code with yml (Easy to deploy on other projects!)

Price plan

- Easy to use but the price is low

- Charge plans can be adjusted according to the frequency of use

What do you dislike?

Run multiple workflows

- I want to execute multiple workflows with one trigger, but the setting is difficult (if the workflow gets longer, it will take longer and it will also be difficult to change the workflow)

Collaboration with past builds

- When distributing to beta version, I want to get past commit log and put it in release note, but I can not get commit log from last build to this build (It is possible to correspond to it by using API under development)

Unify build environment

- By using Bitrise, you can build in the same environment. There is no difference among individuals.

Automatic test

- Just push PUSH to Github and it will run the test automatically, so the quality has improved without spending time

Exclusive use of PC by build

- The build of the executable file for delivery used each personal PC, but by using Bitrise, it became possible to build up and upload the executable file to S3 automatically.

- We used each personal PC to deliver the beta version, but using Bitrise, the beta version can be delivered simply by committing to github.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Bitrise
Bitrise review by Connor P.
Connor P.

"Indispensable for our workflow"

What do you like best?

Bitrise is built from the ground up for mobile. For anyone that's previously had to shoehorn mobile projects into CI systems like TeamCity — this is a serious breath of fresh air.

Bitrise also embodies the convention over configuration trend which I love. Although our project configuration is fairly complex and the Bitrise defaults didn't work for us, there is a very flexible level of configuration under the hood.

What do you dislike?

For bootstrapped startups, Bitrise can be very pricey. It'd be great if there was an option similar to what Intercom offers for early-stage startups.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Bear in mind that altough Bitrise has a great workflow editor, it doesn't necessarily need to replace your current automation workflow. We stick with Fastlane to drive our builds and simply have Bitrise invoke the correct fastlane lanes.

For us, it fixes the 'it builds on my machine' problem which is far too prevalent with iOS projects and code signing.

What Continuous Deployment solution do you use?

Bitrise review by Andres P.
Andres P.

"All you need for your Mobile Apps CI/CD"

What do you like best?

Really simple to configure once you get to know it.

Lot of integration. Bitrise provides seamless integration with many services, making it really simple to build, test and deploy your code.

Great documentation. Documentation related to the CI/CD and also many useful documentation on related technologies.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes is kinda hard going over the logs online to find why a build failed. It's not a show stopper but would be great it there was an easier way to do this.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Absolutely Yes!

As a Mobile App developer I was in the need of having a centralized CI/CD server on premisses for my apps. Before Bitrise I used Jenkins but it forced me to be always within the network to be able to interact with the pipelines.

I just hooked my repository and it builds and test my apps on every PR merged into our main branch.

Automatic releases to the App stores.

What else can we ask for!

Bitrise review by Pavel S.
Pavel S.

"Total time saver"

What do you like best?

Bitrise helps us drastically to reduce time spent on CI maintenance. We never spend time on OS updates, plugin updates, whatever updates. We simply write our ci scripts, and run them on Bitrise. There is a huge bunch of plugin steps which helps even newbies to run their Ci processes correctly. There is plain old .yml for people who prefer scripting. Bitrise provides easy integration with our VCS and with a bunch of other popular VCSs. There is free plan for people who want to try it for small projects and get used to CI.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes build steps descriptions are not clear enough, but usually you can find some examples in company's blog.

It's not an actual disadvantage, but if you want better performance and run many builds in parallel - you have to pay.

Automated builds and tests helps us maintain quality of the product and save time of the development team. Also we use Bitrise to deliver builds to QA team.

Bitrise review by Joaquim L.
Joaquim L.

"Makes easy what used to a super hard process"

What do you like best?

Simplifies complex (and custom) processes of building a huge mobile app. Uses a concept of workflows which is a GUI to configure all the steps required,.

The best part about these 'workflows' is the way you can reuse them as sort of lego-bricks as sub-steps of a bigger workflow. This ensures consistency across your different build types.

Built-in scripts -- Although you can configure everything the old fashioned way with a .yml file, these scripts are updated by the Bitrise (and the OSS community), what used to be super hard (building Android) on other similar products is super easy on Bitrise.

Great support from the team

What do you dislike?

The web interface sometimes is a little bit flickery, although the design is awesome. I've noticed the frontend has been receiving some updates and is way more stable now, still, sometimes you have to wait 2 or 3 seconds to load some of the heavier pages.

Although there are some community built alternatives, I wished there were official mobile apps where I could trigger a build, see build status and other related actions etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it, you won't be "wasting" too much time to see if this is the right product for you since there are already default workflows.

The free tier is more than enough for this, you also get 14 days of bigger build times.

I use this as the main tool of CICD, integrated with your repository, as soon as we push (depending on the triggers) Bitrise will fire the configured workflow.

This removes the need for manual and human-prone mistakes, this distribution ensures all of our QA team can quickly get a build or request one.

Bitrise review by Wil O.
Wil O.

"Very powerful CI tool for Android"

What do you like best?

In our case, we have a complicated build process as our app needs to be white labelled for different clients. We had been using Buddybuild but after it discontinued support for Android, we moved to Bitrise. The build tools are very powerful and flexible, it seems that no matter what problem we had, there was always a way to get it done with Bitrise, and in a way that requires minimal maintenance. Customer support has been excellent. Although there was a lot of work getting things set up the way we wanted, we're very happy with the way Bitrise works and it meets our needs very well, requiring less maintenance than Buddybuild did.

What do you dislike?

The initial learning curve is quite steep, it takes a while to get used to the build process. Sometimes the Bitrise UI can be a but sluggish, but it's OK most of the time.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

We're happy with our choice, although there is a steep learning curve at the start.

Building our Android apps. Bitrise gives us a low maintenance, reasonably prices solution.

Bitrise review by Nao O.
Nao O.

" CI environment of mobile application that can experience the best"

What do you like best?

There is probably only Bitrese, the major CI service that iOS build is prepared for free plan, so if you are interested please try it once.

It corresponds to the latest version of Xcode faster than other CI services.

In the case of iOS build in Bitrese, there is prepared a script that makes it easy to combine provisioning profile and certificate and upload.

In the environment you distribute as Adhoc Certificate, if you cooperate Apple accounts, you will automatically download the latest provisioning profile at build time.

What do you dislike?

if I’m forced to say,

There are times when it is difficult to analyze build logs on error from the Web Browser

We use Bitrise to create an environment to build and distribute Android & iOS applications automatically every time the code changes.

As the distribution environment became automatic, we were able to turn the development cycle fairly quickly and the quality was stable.

Bitrise review by Afonso G.
Afonso G.

"Great mobile-first CI"

What do you like best?

Bitrise is basically plug and play if you want it to be like that. Bitrise builds a lot of the plugins, and at the same time there is a great community in place that produces their own plug-ins.

Another thing I love about Bitrise, when comparing it to, say CircleCI, is the speed with which they start supporting new versions of Xcode.

Their newsletters also have the right amount of relevant information that can easily be digested at the end of a week, it's not simply a dump of articles as in other cases.

What do you dislike?

I wish Bitrise would offer CI for the whole company's needs. It would be an easier sell to higher-ups, instead of having to have two subscriptions between mobile tools and backend infra.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're a small company you can even use Bitrise CLI and have it running on a machine at the office, if you don't want to be paying for a subscription when starting up.

In my previous company, all mobile CI was run on Bitrise. Personally I'm using Bitrise in some open-source projects.

Bitrise review by James R.
James R.

"Fantastic tool for improving and our mobile CI/CD pipeline and getting code to production faster"

What do you like best?

New stacks are available quickly when new IDE versions are released and its easy to run builds against different stacks.

The tool is easy to use, highly configurable and has lots of integrations with other products.

There is a large amount of support documentation available and online support has been very prompt and very helpful.

We have the option to run builds on Mac Pro's meaning that our builds run significantly faster than they used to on our physical boxes.

Bitrise was able to provide detailed security documentation to outline how secure their tools are - we are able to store sensitive data / keys securely.

What do you dislike?

Account management could be improved - to force users to enable 2FA authentication for example. The dev team have taken this feedback on and inform me they will build this feature in the coming months, which is great.

Prices have increased in recent years and custom enterprise agreements are expensive.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

They ran video chats with us to

We have saved a considerable amount of time spent on CI/CD - we do not have to worry about managing our own build box anymore - keeping it up to date with OS updates, installing and upgrading new versions of Xcode and Android Studio, keeping jenkins up to date etc

Builds run faster than they used to on our manual build box.

It's easy to run builds anywhere at anytime via the Bitrise website.

We are able to take advantage of integrations that Bitrise has.

Bitrise review by Michael C.
Michael C.

"Easy to Use Mobile CI Solution"

What do you like best?

The workflow builder and associated triggers make customizing a build a breeze for mobile projects with different variants and environment settings. In a matter of minutes I was able to setup an Android build, upload my signing credentials, customize the install page to only show our signed Android build, and push a message out to Slack users through a Bitrise integration.

What do you dislike?

For Android builds specifically, it's a little limiting that you can't customize your signing keys on a per-workflow basis. There's a workaround using the static file storage and setting up environment variables, but it'd be nice to have the functionality built-in.

Our Android product is available on a range of platforms, each needing a bit of customization that prevents us from sharing a single build. With Bitrise, we were able to setup different workflows for testing versus deployment, along with builds for mobile, tv, and wearables, that made the QA and deployment processes easy to understand and cut down on a lot of the developer support that was needed under other systems.

Bitrise review by Cleber H.
Cleber H.

"The best mobile CI/CD automation ever!"

What do you like best?

The ease of use of bitrise is definitely one of the things I like most about the tool. It provides a lot of integrations and let you build your own tools to integrate with other softwares/tools. Also, it is open source and the community is growing quickly.

As a customer, another one I would like to comment on is the speed and quality of technical support. I needed help a few times and they always managed to help me solve the problems I had.

What do you dislike?

As other people said, lately i'm experiencing strange behaviours with the build's log on the web app. But i think that they're already working in solving this problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need a production ready tool to automate your mobile development cycle, go all in with Bitrise, you won't regret.

We are using bitrise to automate all of our Mobile DevOps pipeline. The benefits are: a lot of time saved, peace of mind, focus on real problems!

Bitrise review by Igor A.
Igor A.

"CI platform I use for last couple of years and still like it :)"

What do you like best?

Despite I'm a developer and should be fond of weird interfaces and tools the most important thing for me in Bitrise is the ability to get back to your configs after a year and spend 5 minutes to figure out what are they doing and why. UI/UX is what I like most in Bitrise.

What do you dislike?

Like any other product, Bitrise can't satisfy all the needs of every developer, one example is working with logs which is a bit hard in browser especially if you have long builds with huge log output.

The main thing is to contribute your feedback if you think smth. could be done better. Or just do it yourself :) I.e. I was missing desktop client for Bitrise and just built it myself (https://github.com/deszip/BitBot).

Mostly deploy (internal and public) and running tests

Bitrise review by Gal K.
Gal K.

"One stop shop for CI"

What do you like best?

That it just WORKS!!!

I love the number of integrations they offer, I love the way the site looks.

Above all, a big shout out to the support team - for being responsive and helping as you are!

What do you dislike?

It takes long time to build for iOS with the basic setup (Standard Machine), please upgrade them :)

Also, adding more info to the build logs would be appreciated and will help us understand faster why we failed.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Cool service, great support!

We didn't have to invest any time on building our own CI/CD solution, which is a great benefit.

We're using Bitrise for testing - we're posting our builds for prod and dev on dedicated Slack channels for internal use. We're using Bitrise to publish our artefacts to itunes connect and to Google store.

Bitrise review by Alex C.
Alex C.

"Highly recommended CI service"

What do you like best?

Simple and easy to integrate with our workflow, with support for everything that we've wanted to automate so far. Bitrise has been very reliable, with high uptime and quick support for new Xcode GM releases. Very low maintenance.

Thorough and helpful tech support when needed.

What do you dislike?

A slight feeling about lack of portability, and that it would be difficult to reproduce or back up our settings and configuration. Individual steps for each workflow are open source, but they don't seem like they'd be easily converted to a more generic CI platform.

Saving tons of time and reducing the number of things to do (and remember!) when deploying apps to App Store and TestFlight. We're able to release more frequently, and reduce the friction of making changes close to deployment.

Bitrise review by Internal Consultant
Internal Consultant

"Saves us a lot of Time"

What do you like best?

-Quite Simple to Setup

-can run builds parallel

-integration with other software (e.g. Slack Notifications)

-Integration through (unofficial) 3rd Party Tools (for example BitBot (for macOS) https://github.com/deszip/BitBot)

-Fast Feedback

-customizable

What do you dislike?

-Integration with the Bitbucket Server is not so easy (should be easy with the cloud version but we use the self hosted version...)

-long log files are not that easy to read in the browser

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You can try it out for free.

There is a open Source unofficial 3rd Party Client for MacOS (https://github.com/deszip/BitBot)

We are using Bitrise for a React Native App.

The App consists of NPM Modules that have their individual Bitrise CI.

The CI ensures that Code Conventions are met (esLint) and that all Tests run fine (Jest).

Bitrise is also used to build the whole App.

This used to take quite a bit of time because we have multiple enviroments and building the App without CI was pain.

We also use Bitrise to publish new NPM Packet version but not for publishing on the App Stores.

Bitrise review by Simon M.
Simon M.

"Application development is more efficient on Bitrise"

What do you like best?

Bitrise offers a large amount of integrations, which are all quick and easy to use. Whilst building lanes within bitrise it’s easy to allow non technical users get insight into what is being done via bitrise.

What do you dislike?

Mobile web application is slightly limiting whilst looking at build logs. Not a major issue.

We automate our build and delivery systems of mobile applications using bitrise.

Additionally due to the new integrations and features being added to bitrise we find ourselves tackling our common development tasks via bitrise. Such as testing and managing analytics systems.

The benefit for us is we do not need to maintain a build server nor the software whilst maintaining the confidence that bitrise will build our application and deliver it to the AppStore with no issues any time of the day.

Bitrise review by Artem G.
Artem G.

"Worth every penny"

What do you like best?

I love the library of steps which really allows to automate a lot, the usual setup for the projects I've worked on is:

1. Kick off the build for every PR

2. Run the Android Lint, make sure it does not detect any issues.

3. Run Detekt, make sure Kotlin code is in good shape.

4. Run unit tests (you write them, don't you?)

5. Change the version code automatically.

6. Build the app

7. Run integration tests

If we're talking about release candidate builds, we can run all previous steps, plus

1. If everything is fine, create the Github release

2. Then push the build to Google Play Beta/Fabric Beta

3. And finally notify the QA team

Huge time saver.

Plus, the support is always here to help you - to this date I never saw a question on Bitrise forums which was left unanswered by Bitrise team for more than 24 hours (the average time to answer, I think, is much shorter) - you can always be sure that if you have a question, it will be answered.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes (really rarely) the build might fail for no apparent reason, e.g. I had a situation when the build failed with the error which was introduced in another branch not merged into the PR which was being built. Maybe Bitrise misused the cache left from the previous build or something like that. In any case, the situation was fixed by rebuild and I never saw similar issues afterwards.

I would also love to have the ability to tweak the scheduled builds settings a bit more (e.g. I don't want to run my build every week, there is a specific set of builds which has to be run once in two weeks only). Scheduled builds do not allow me to do as of now.

It simply allowed us to easily automate A LOT of the tasks which previously were either done by hand or not done at all. Now it allows me as a developer to concentrate on coding/refactoring/automated testing and Bitrise will make sure everything that has to be done will be done in time and according to our processes.

Bitrise review by Muriel S.
Muriel S.

"Bitrise is the best mobile CI I've ever used!"

What do you like best?

- it's simple to configure.

- it's flexible for creating the workflow that fits your use case.

- it supports configuration as code, so it can be versioned within your repository.

- it has a pretty good support for deploying apps to the stores, allowing continuous delivering changes to Google Play and Apple Store.

- it has many configuration steps that you can choose from.

- it supports an incremental build number for the apps.

- it supports Flutter.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the UI is a bit slow and has some minor usability issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just use it, it's awesome!

Automating the whole CI and CD for our mobile projects, what saves us A LOT of time and headaches on doing all of this manually.

It also helps us to empower developers to be responsible for the whole feature that they are doing and handing if off to the QA team the latest changes on the ~beta versions of the stores.

Bitrise review by Flemming P.
Flemming P.

"Best. Service. Ever."

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use, the configurability and how robust the service is. No major outages in 2+ years.

The few times I have had a need for support, they have been above and beyond what I expected. Also, there seems to be plugins for almost everything.

What do you dislike?

The biggest complaint I have with Bitrise, is that they use an off center spinner for showing progress - this is 2019 people, please center your spinner(s)!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it out for free. Don't think it only works for iOS and Android apps.

We use it for testing and deploying several apps for iOS. We also use it for testing and deploying several large Firebase projects.

Bitrise review by Sergey B.
Sergey B.

"If someone ask me what CI to use for iOS-dev, I will definitely answer Bitrise"

What do you like best?

It seems like Bitrise is created by people who knows what exactly is needed when you need (or want) to use CI/CD on your project. A few years ago I worked on the an open-source python-project and we used Jenkins as a CI/CD tool and I remember the pain and struggle while setup and supporting it. I'm not advocating here against Jenkins, it's a great tool with a lot of the abilities and freedom if you need it. But after that I joined the team who worked on the iOS/Android app, I expected the same level of frustration when talking about CI on the project, but it turned out that the team was using Bitrise. And after the first touch with Bitrise I fell in love with it. Bitrise is simple for as long as necessary, it's as clear as it gets. For me, it became a pleasure to use Bitrise after a few days of playing with it. And when it came to choosing a CI/CD tool for my own pet-project — there was no doubt.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any complaints or reasons to dislike it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just start with a free plan and spent a few minutes to setup it. You will love it.

Right now I'm using Bitrise only as a CI tool for my own iOS pet-project. Actually, it used only for running unit-tests, but I'm going to extend it to creating the builds and integrate with another services for distributing these builds.

On my previous project, Bitrise was used both for iOS and Android apps.

Bitrise review by Ludwig B.
Ludwig B.

"Simply the best"

What do you like best?

It is so easy to use and set up! As a developer, I don't want to spend time setting up complex build configurations in systems that I barely understand. It usually takes a huge amount of time and loads of frustration. With Bitrise, this was not the case. It was so easy to set up and I had it running perfectly in no time. It is super easy to add or change the build steps also.

What do you dislike?

I found it a little bit confusing to understand the pricing between accounts. I have a user account, with its own plan, that belongs to a company account, with its own plan. I have to really think about what I will be charged and on what plans the builds are registered to.

We now have automatic builds of our android and ios apps. We run tests on them and notify all developers if a build fails. If they succeed we share release and beta builds with testers.

Bitrise review by Sam D.
Sam D.

"Peace of mind as a service"

What do you like best?

Bitrise claims to offer happiness as a service and this is exactly what I received. Bitrise saves me a lot time bothering with build system maintenance, looking after hardware etc. Thanks to Bitrise, we went from simply creating a build, downloading and mailing to our customers, to a fully integrated pipeline that enhances the complete lifecycle of our products.

What do you dislike?

Their focus seems to be on developing new integrations for a build, while the build system itself hasn't received any recent updates. We'd like to be able to change the order of the build queue.

We made delivering our builds to the customer a lot easier and effortless. The benefits are that we test our code a lot more and can easily extend our build process with more features.

Bitrise review by Matthias B.
Matthias B.

"Great CI/CD solution for iOS & Android apps"

What do you like best?

- Easy to setup

- Works for all mobile platforms

- Lots of available integrations

- Powerful customisation options (shell scripts, ...)

- Scales to lots of projects/apps (we have more than 30)

What do you dislike?

- Our setup (Bitbucket Server, SSH) requires a more complicated setup

- Duplication of projects (or templates) would save us a lot of time

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try to setup a simple example project and play around with the workflow features

Gettings internal test builds in the hands of our testers and publishing apps on the app stores. A "git push" is all it takes and a few minutes later the apps are ready to be downloaded. Bitrise removed all manual steps and saved us a lot of time.

Bitrise review by Chris F.
Chris F.

"We were up and running in 1 week, full CI/CD"

What do you like best?

Ease of use; integrates well with existing tooling with Fastlane, and able to quickly provision, build, and deploy our apps to test environments. The platform allowed me to automate both Android and iOS clients in a single product.

What do you dislike?

Not much I dislike, service worked great for us.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for a quick way to automate both Android and iOS build/deploy flows in a single product, I would recommend this product.

We wanted to integrate CI/CD for our start up, in order to move as fast as possible. We have done this, freeing up developers to code, and have a hands off approach to infrastructure, building, provisioning, deploying, etc.

Bitrise review by Jan C.
Jan C.

"Proves to be the right tool every day since 1,5 years"

What do you like best?

- easy to configure, even for the not-so-called pipeline experts

- fast setup which is needed to distribute increments in early states of development

- cloning of existing configurations

- reliable integrations to our tool stack

- a lot of further integration options that are satisfy customer's needs (e.g. a different VCS)

- customers love the slack integration that lets them know about new builds in realtime

What do you dislike?

The setup process on smart phones could improve: Several clicks are needed to install the app. But maybe that is a "problem" of the underlying OS ;-)

Supports our rapid prototyping pipeline. We are having a lot of deployments every day.

Bitrise review by Milan B.
Milan B.

"Very easy-to-use CI solution for mobile platforms"

What do you like best?

Migration to Bitrise from our previous CI/CD solution was very easy.

The workflow builder is simple to use and doesn't require knowledge of implementation details thanks to the number of integration plugins provided. This also saves a lot of time compared to building a custom CI/CD solution. Another advantage is availability of the workflow config in various formats.

What do you dislike?

The dashboard UI feels a bit slow and can be a bit confusing sometimes.

At Cookpad, we use Bitrise as a CI/CD solution for the Android team. We have fully automated the Google Play release process thanks to the many ready-made integrations Bitrise offers.

Bitrise review by Mohammed A.
Mohammed A.

"Developer Friendly"

What do you like best?

1. Easy to setup.

2. Easy to use.

3. Safe and secure.

4. Quick service and customer support.

5. Free tier provided is decent enough for Android.

6. Free tier is decent for iOS projects with less pod dependencies.

7. No need to setup any specific xcode server to build iOS apps.

8. Easy integration with Github. Supports verified signatures and approves the test cases and PRs

9. Easy to setup triggers based on PR, Push or TAG.

What do you dislike?

1. Free tier for iOS could have been little bit more for projects with bigger pods.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Jenkins is one alternate, but in case of building iOS and Android, we don't have to worry about XCode Server, hence Bitrise is recommended.

Generate builds for testing and distribution without having to worry about the build generation process.

Bitrise review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Bitrise Is User-Friendly CI."

What do you like best?

The thoughtfulness behind the UX and the flexibility of the workflow options. It also deals with some of the difficulties of the Apple eco-system (certs, provisioning profiles etc.) in a manageable way for developers. The layout of the build information and general look-and-feel of Bitrise is a major plus. CI is complex, Bitrise almost makes it feel fun.

What do you dislike?

Very little. Got caught out a couple of times by not upgrading some stages in my workflow to the latest versions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a trial run and you'll be hooked. Use the referral system to gain more flexible build time.

Seamless CI for Android and iOS together. I can merge a branch and have both builds run and the artifacts available within a few minutes. It saves money and time and developer frustration.

Bitrise review by Jeancarlos F.
Jeancarlos F.

"Very easy to use mobile CI/CD"

What do you like best?

I like Bitrise because it is mobile-focused and it is very easy to configure. I like the workflows and the automatic configuration that is accurate most of the time. Also, it has a free tier that is enough for me.

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike anything. Spanish translation would be a plus but it is fine with English.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are developing mobile apps, this is the best tool for CI/CD.

I use Bitrise to build, test and deploy my apps and It makes these tasks easier.

Bitrise review by Mikalai D.
Mikalai D.

"Best choice for Xamarin"

What do you like best?

There are not so many CI/CD toots for Xamarin, and Bitrise is the best I've ever tried. In fact I only need a few things: simple workflow editor, fairly powerful machines and 99.9% uptime, and Bitrise gives all of this. Easy-maintainable and reliable solution, I highly recommend.

What do you dislike?

Prices could be lower, although there are just a few alternatives for Xamarin build so I can understand the Bitrise team.

This is the simplest-to-configure CI/CD I've ever seen, so it definitely helps to reduce time spent on such tasks.

Bitrise review by Antoine G.
Antoine G.

"Great product"

What do you like best?

Bitrise is very easy to connect to our current environment and tools (Git, App Center, Slack..). The web interface is also fast and beautiful.

What do you dislike?

We are not super fond of the purple color ;)

As our mobile team grow, we needed to integrate a powerful tool into our CI process. Our mobile SDK product is also becoming more complex year after year and we want to focus on producing high quality code. Using Bitrise connected to our Git server helped a lot.

Bitrise review by Caio R.
Caio R.

"Bitrise give me time to think about the problems instead of the tools"

What do you like best?

The UI/UX is really great, it helped my team building, testing and deploying several apps, we save so much time since Bitrise provides an amazing supports to the latest technologies.

What do you dislike?

I think users, groups, and access management could be a little bit easier to use. I would like to have some way to present dashboards and maybe download some data about build analytics.

We've greatly reduced our time to deliver and get feedback from our clients and users since we automate our build and deploy with Bitrise. Our team can focus on what really matters and forget about tools setup.

Bitrise review by Ady L.
Ady L.

"best way to implement CI/CD for mobile or React-Native app"

What do you like best?

The workflow feature, you can easily add lots of plugins (steps) to streamline your build process.

We are using it for our dev and production environments, pushing to various 3rd party providers from Apple Itunes connect to Google Play.

What do you dislike?

Hmm.. hard question. like many CI/CD providers setting up and figuring out the workflow can sometimes be time-consuming. out of all of the providers I've seen they have the easiest UI :)

Moving from manual builds which take lots of time for my developers to an automated system that are hooked to our git account saved numerous hours.

Bitrise review by bootstraponline .
bootstraponline .

"Awesome for running mobile UI tests on Firebase Test Lab"

What do you like best?

https://github.com/TestArmada/flank works great on Bitrise to run Android and iOS tests on pull requests. Enabling a reliable unit and UI testing workflow has been the most difficult part of mobile CI. Bitrise support is amazing. They listen to feedback and evolve the product to meet user needs.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that after Apple acquired Buddybuild there's no real competition. No one in the market has the feature set of Bitrise. If Bitrise is acquired then it'll be difficult to find an alternative.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Evaluate Bitrise. Join the Bitrise Slack channel. Participate on the community.

I'm solving the business problem of having a great deployment pipeline for mobile. Bitrise has replaced an on premise Jenkins setup that was a nightmare to maintain and impossible to run UI tests at scale.

Bitrise review by Jan Helge K.
Jan Helge K.

"Great Ci for iOS Developers"

What do you like best?

Our iOS devs are really happy with Bitrise. They have tried several other solutions thatthey were not happy with. For the ios guys Bitrise is super cool.

What do you dislike?

The UI takes sometimes a while to load. It could be faster, snappier.

We are using Bitrise for Contious Integration for our mobile Apps. Running a bitrise build for every pull request increases our apps stability and helps us to maintain quality by running our tests on bitrise

Bitrise review by Martin J.
Martin J.

"Best mobile CI"

What do you like best?

The ease of use provided by Bitrise is unprecedented! It is by far the best mobile CI. It also offers a ton of integrations with your favorite services!

What do you dislike?

There isn’t much to dislike about Bitrise, sometimes there is a minor issue with the web app, but they are always quick in resolving it.

The amount of time saved by having a CI where everything from tests to deployment is handled is invaluable

Bitrise review by Jahath I.
Jahath I.

"Excellent light weight solution that gets the job don!"

What do you like best?

It is very configurable. I love the flexibility in adjusting/configuring workflows and this was a relatively easily setup compared to other CI's out there.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really. It works pretty well for our use case.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it out!

We have adopted this for our CI/CD and I must say that it works very well and the turn around time for builds is amazing! It has made our development process a tad easier.

Bitrise review by Sasha A.
Sasha A.

"Great tool to eliminate devops"

What do you like best?

Convenience, simplicity and neat support - these guys know what they are doing.

What do you dislike?

Flutter is at 1.0 - time to introduce it as a first-class citizen (not as a custom step).

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If your entire test&build is in the cloud - bitrise will help you to hit the target in days.

Not every member of our team has a mac, but now everyone can make a simple fix, build and push it to the store.

Bitrise review by Kristoffer A.
Kristoffer A.

"Simply an awesome CI service"

What do you like best?

The simplicity in the workflow editor with all prebuilt components that you can put together to quickly build fully automated workflows for your apps. You can also control everything by yourself with shell commands or fastlane.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the boot times are quite long. But from my experience its just as fast or faster than the competition.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Go try it. Good support for all kind of app projects. Everything from react to flutter

To continuous be able to quickly deliver new builds to Testflight for testing without relying on my laptop.

Saving a lot of time on configuration by not having to deal with my own CI server

Bitrise review by Alvaro C.
Alvaro C.

"Best CI Automation Ever"

What do you like best?

I love how easy and versatile it is. I tried different platforms and I couldn't be more thankful to bitrise for being there for me.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that they've not finished the API... I have big plans for it :)

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just try it.

Bitrise unlocked the ties on mobile deployment to an operating system and allowed the whole team to get involved in testing and deployment.

Bitrise review by Yuktika P.
Yuktika P.

"Bitrise is good for builds - easy to use"

What do you like best?

Easy to use - specially they have a good workflow system to setup steps as a pipeline for building. Also, build doesn't take too long to build and doesn't have to wait in queue to start building.

What do you dislike?

I didn't like the UI much compare to other build systems. It is pretty hard to get used to with the UI but once I got used it then things started smoothly. Also, Bitrise doesn't have integration with Saucelabs which is the biggest disadvantage to be in terms of running my UI tests.

Android apps are being build and are faster compare to other build systems. Also, it is not costly as well so it's a benefit.

Bitrise review by Administrator

"Excellent CI tool for Android and iOS app"

What do you like best?

Lots of prebuilt steps to help quickly get a project built, tests running, builds in the hands of testers, and releases in the stores for users.

What do you dislike?

Support can be a little slow but that's being addressed.

My team uses bitrise to get different builds of our mobile apps out for testing as we're developing features. We also use bitrise to put releases into the app stores. It saves us tons of time by not having to manage release pipelines. Also having our tests run during out development process helps us to maintain code quality and catch issues sooner.

Bitrise review by Milan .
Milan .

"Bitrise makes your life easier"

What do you like best?

Bitrise is a great platform, it's easy to create workflow and add steps, easy to configure anything you need. I'm using it to build React Native app and after build is completed I receive slack message with link to download an apk file. Community is great, they are making a lot of open source steps we can use in workflows.

What do you dislike?

Support could be faster, it happens that you wait few days they get back to you. But you can find an answer to your question in discussion site.

They are helping with building and distribution of mobile apps built with React Native.

Bitrise review by Christopher A.
Christopher A.

"Great product "

What do you like best?

Slick user interface and being able build our product offsite

What do you dislike?

Builds can be a little slow and it can take a few goes to get a new build configuration up and running.

We wanted to be able to build and deploy our products offsite. We chose to use Bitrise instead of buying a new Mac mini

Bitrise review by Karol W.
Karol W.

"Bitrise is a great CI/CD platform"

What do you like best?

- vast majority of components is open-source

- very quick response time from support

- modular structure

What do you dislike?

It is not completely open-source project. You cannot self-host it if for example you cannot send source code to the cloud e.g. you are developing banking app.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend Bitrise to others developing mobile apps.

You don't need to maintain self-hosted CI/CD system. You can use cloud-hosted bitrise.io.

Bitrise review by Ronan Rodrigo N.
Ronan Rodrigo N.

"Green builds quickly"

What do you like best?

It is very easy and quick to setup a green build in iOS. Also it is easy to integrate with third party services like codecov, ifttt and others.

What do you dislike?

If you want to run the ci in your machine, some steps could be tricky.

Continuous integration and continuous delivery

Bitrise review by Rodrigo de Castro R.
Rodrigo de Castro R.

"Easiest CI/CD tool for mobile"

What do you like best?

I really like the flexibility and the support team is amazing.

What do you dislike?

At the moment there's nothing I dislike.

We use Bitrise to build and deploy our mobile apps. It's great because with one tool we can build and deploy for ios and android our react native app.

Bitrise review by Kyle B.
Kyle B.

"Great way to hit the ground running with CI"

What do you like best?

Quick & easy to connect to your repo and add SSH keys. Workflows are easy to use and provide a lot of functionality.

What do you dislike?

I wish it also supported .Net. Having to go to an alternative service for that.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Since they do not charge by build minute, but by concurrencies they can be much less expensive than competitors with similar features.

It allows us to implement CI without maintaining our own servers at a reasonable cost.

Bitrise review by samson p.
samson p.

"Best CI/CD solution so far."

What do you like best?

Ease of use and fully developed plugins takes my pain away. Lot of plugins available, and they all fit as per the requirements.

Customer support is excellent. You get issue, report it and get it fixed right away.

What do you dislike?

Faced issues with Android emulator support. It was annoying at the beginning. Support team helped a lot and I think the issue is no more happening now.

Bitrise saved a lot of our developer time and effort. With Bitrise, we deliver builds more fastly and smoothly.

Bitrise review by Joe C.
Joe C.

"Great, simple service that just works"

What do you like best?

Bitrise is easy to get going, and it gives you piece of mind that you're not breaking anything as you go along.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. The tool does what it says on the tin.

Distributing builds to many "non-tech" clients is so much easier.

Learning about Bitrise?

* We monitor all Bitrise reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.