Xcode Reviews & Product Details

What is Xcode?

Xcode 6 introduces a radically new way to design and build software. Swift is an innovative new programming language for Cocoa and Cocoa Touch and, when combined with Xcode tools, makes programming a delightfully live experience. Live rendering within Interface Builder displays your hand-written UI code within the design canvas, instantly reflecting changes you type in code.

Xcode Screenshots

Xcode Profile Details

Xcode Profile Details

Apple
Description
Apple’s three software platforms — iOS, OS X and watchOS — provide seamless experiences across all Apple devices and empower people with breakthrough services including the App Store, Apple Music, Apple Pay and iCloud.
1976

1-50 of 660 total Xcode reviews
Data Entry Operator
Most Recent Xcode Video Review

"Xcode 10"

"Great IDE for C++ and C"

What do you like best?

XCode is a great IDE for starting to code in C or C++. The layout and color coding of text is easy to understand. I usually set the theme to dark because it seems to be easier on my eyes even though I don't wear glasses.

What do you dislike?

Only thing I have to dislike of XCode is that it doesn't seem to support all the languages we are familiar with like Python or Java. I have seen support for C, c++, swift, and javascript, and objective c.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Using XCode is easy. I recommend that you use the software for developing. The only thing I wish was to support UI UX programming using C++ or Java.

XCode has helped me code my c++ project with ease and ease of use to debug. That is the biggest thing I notice in some IDEs is that debugging in the ide is hard for some people, but in Xcode, it's very easy. That is what we expect from an apple product.

Systems Engineer

"xCode is intuitive and easy to use"

What do you like best?

My favorite feature of Xcode is the quick transition between graphic elements and code. Xcode provides an intuitive project navigation system allowing you to maneuver between modules quickly and effectively. Also, the code completion functionality of the IDE makes coding easy.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much documentation for the few things that require additional research to fully understand. As a developer, often you need to understand what's capable in an IDE before you begin developing. This information can drastically change your approach.

We use XCode to develop our proprietary mobile app that runs on iPhone. We originally designed our app using a cross-platform tool. The issue with using a tool like that is that you have little to no access to the inherent, native functionality. This caused us to consider building our mobile application using native technologies. We are currently using the Xcode IDE with Swift3. Xcode's code completion is backward compatible to all supported Swift version.

CEO

"Is the best and only way to achieve success on iOS DEV!"

What do you like best?

Is the best and only way to achieve success on iOS DEV! - since it's a tool that it fully compatible with all iOS platforms, this way u can be 100% sure that every bug or error that it can become real, it will have a solution unlike other platforms that manage other languages that aren't 100% native as Xcode for iOS.

At the end, having a 100% native app, kind of guarantees that the UX is 100% perfect depending on the iOS device you are planning to use it.

What do you dislike?

It can become a little hard to learn at the beginning how the platform works, but u can find a lot of tutorials everywhere and lots of professionals that are willing to help u in many ways. Udemy and other learning platforms are very helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try to find people or experts that could help u using this great tool.

Mainly Xcode is only for iOs development, so basically im solving how to develop solutions in many iOS devices. Generating native 100% apps is the most benefit and satisfactory thing you can get from Xcode. Developing in this tool kind of gives u an advantage amongst other companies that compete in this kind of development market since most of the apps now days are needed to be 100% native unlikely other solutions like phone gap or ionic that do not comply with this kind of requests.

Digital Marketing Manager

"XCode Ultimate Platform For IOS Development"

What do you like best?

Xcode is the best Platform where you can build ios Apps and many more. the best thing about Xcode is very simple to use I was very new to use Xcode. You can Also Manage the UI. Best Part of the Xcode is Xcode simulator is faster than Android Studio.

What do you dislike?

I dislike about Xcode is there are so many login options within it like developer login I mean as a fresher to use it. It Is harder to find the login for developer profile which I faced while using it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend Other User to Use Xcode Just because Officially Development is Best For future. Xcode is the best for Ios Development. Xcode is My Trusted Brand.

With Xcode I solved My Company App Development Problem I found this platform where I build my company application. The benefits of Using Xcode You Can complete your business need like the main requirement of today is Mobile App. Xcode is the one of the best and officially iPhone App development Platform.

(Myself Only)

"Un IDE diferente"

What do you like best?

Es el único IDE con el cual se pueden crear de forma fácil aplicaciones para IOS y Mac OS. Soporta el nuevo lenguaje de Apple swift. Puedes crear aplicaciones de forma visual, apenas hace falta escribir código. Además se 8ntegra con plugins y con Git. Tiene emuladores para probar la aplicación en distintos dispositivos sin la necesidad de tener que comprarlos.

What do you dislike?

Solo se puede usar en un ordenador mac, es decir, que no se puede instalar en windows, ni en linux... para poder desarrollar hace falta que tengamos un ordenador de Apple.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Importante saber que solo se puede usar con un sistema Apple, por lo que el coste para acceder a desarrollar es alto. Tiene integración con git y con plugins de terceros que nos facilita el trabajo. Se puede diseñar las pantallas de forma gráfica por lo que la tarea más complicada de hacer aplicaciones se simplifica

Nos permite realizar aplicaciones para clientes de Apple. Es un mercado al que no es fácil llegar, gracias a la simplicidad de xcode, podemos hacer aplicaciones profesionales de una manera sencilla, eficaz y segura.

iOS Developer - Opened to new opportunites

"The must have software for iOS Dev"

What do you like best?

Simplicity, the way it's preventing errors and mistakes. Coding in Swift is very satisfying thanks to Xcode. You can use the Storyboards to build the front end interface. In this case everything is almost interface only, with drag and drop objects, and visual settings. I like this because it can really give the opportunity to beginners to develop apps so much easily than 100% programmatically. As an ex graphic designer this is very convenient and I am used to such an environment including UI design patterns.

What do you dislike?

Not the program itself but sometimes there are too many Objective C in Swift. Sometimes the errors are appearing way too fast. I don't even have the time to finish the lines of code I was writing that Xcode is already complaining and showing red errors. It can be a bit disturbing at first, but we are used to it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is definitely the must have platform to use in iOS Development. Read carefully the Apple Documentation provided on their website which is incredibly good and detailed about how to use properly the software. For demanding apps building, I recommend using a powerful Mac machine in this case you will be able to drastically minimise the building and testing process.

iOS Development, main tool. The fact that every single iOS Developer is using the same software can really improve the reliability and ressources in term of support and help.

Software Engineer

"As a developer with a background mostly in Android, I must say Apple got it right "

What do you like best?

There are so many things to like about xCode. But what I like best is the developer experience of creating UI.

What do you dislike?

The fact that you must pay to be a developer.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

There is only one option to develop a mobile application for iOS. Apple does not allow the use of any other tools. The inflexibility might be annoying for some but as a long time user and developer of all kinds of applications, I must say XCode is one of the best IDEs I have worked with. The experience for developing UI is fantastic. Its easy to get started even with very little experience (which is more than I can say for Android). There is the overhead of learning Objective C or Swift which aren't terribly popular languages but with a background in Java I can tell you Swift will make your life much easier!

We are developing high end mobile applications for iOS.

Desarrollador Swift/iOS

"Fully integrated to develop ios apps"

What do you like best?

The best thing about xcode is that it's created by Apple and the ease of creating ios apps, for both iPhone and iPad, is very large. You can not only create the app, but also manage the UI, prepare the app for testing, upload to production...

The debugging tool is the best I have used, the use of breakpoints, memory and power management is very good and helps the developer a lot.

I love that there is an emulator with all iPhone and iPad devices to test all screen sizes. Also, one of my favorite features (included not long ago) is the ability to launch the app on your iPhone without having to connect it to your Mac.

What do you dislike?

There are small bugs that are noticed day by day and sometimes they get to frustrate. Small program crashes, problems after importing cocoapods dependencies, necessary restart of the IDE to manage imports....

There are also problems when connecting storyboards to the controller, for example, when there is a change in the class of a viewcontroller, sometimes it is necessary to restart the IDE.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The best IDE for ios development

I have developed multiple applications for iPhone, from several clients. The result was as expected, the tools provided by xcode are perfect for application development and testing. The main problems to solve were to develop applications that followed a client-server structure, for which it was necessary to implement calls to a rest API. With the debugging tools it was very easy to follow the traces of error and end up developing a good product.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

Student
Higher Education

"xcode "

What do you like best?

You may have experienced some words on Google even though you did not remember the exact name or spelling, but you still find the answer.

Just like Google, it automatically completes the entire syntax and indicates its functionality. Recently, I learned JavaScript using Sublime Text Editor. I found Swift more convenient because it does more automatic searching for me. In other words, the only thing I wanted to know was that things existed.

You may have encountered some words that you do not remember.

Just like Google, they complement the brilliance of the whole sentence to their functions. In the last block, I learned JavaScript using the Sublime text editor. I found Swift more convenient and more. In other words, the only thing I wanted to know was that things existed.

What do you dislike?

There are unnecessary restrictions for iOS development such as: You can not use transparent PNG as icons. why not? Transparent icon will be the most beautiful you have on the iPhone main screen! Picture of GIF photos as a launch image in iOS, but this is not possible

Distributing marketing of our business

Technical Assistant for Makerstudios
Higher Education
(10,001+ employees)

"XCode and Swift as a language combined make an extremely smooth User Experience"

What do you like best?

The way that front-end development is handled. I believe that swift and Xcode alongside it does an amazing job of decreasing the effort and semantics involved in front end development while maintaining the specificity that CSS provides. Also immediate transfer to an iPhone is extremely convenient for testing of course, especially since it is integrated. The simulator and environment in general is also faster than Android Studio.

What do you dislike?

I could not say I dislike anything in particular about Xcode beyond the fact that is advertised as a one size fits all programming environment which I would say it is not. I would say that on the contrary to my previous assessment that sometimes the simplicity of the UI rendering lends itself to less effective design, but this is outweighed by the option Apple retains of writing the design from scratch rather than through drag and drop features.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure to read up on the hotkeys and other functionality. It is highly deep as an IDE and enables a lot of additional functionality if you know where to look.

It provides an easy to use app development platform. With a great UI that makes front-end development far simpler for developers. This is definitely advantageous compared to CSS and HTML because of the ability to be less semantic and more efficient with UI and UX creation. By also making UI visualization a key part of the Xcode system it promotes quality development that is fully aware of the look and feel of the application.

Senior Software Development Engineer in Test

"Review"

What do you like best?

I was glad to see the improvements they made on this latest version of Xcode. The LLDB still needs a little work, but it's getting there. Overall, this is a really solid product, and we use it frequently here at our business. As an IDE,Xcode does really well. It does a great job uniting the iOS and OS X toolchain in a single environment, but it does have it's fair share of kinks to work out.

Xcode gives full control of the app, with all the frameworks and libraries ready to be used. There’s a high level of device independence when compared to developing hybrid apps.

What do you dislike?

I wish the IB assistant was a little more solid than it is, and the code completion is erratic from time to time.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a great review of an incredible programming tool. My only complaint so far is that I can no longer use CMD + B to build my project. Appart from that Xcode has been improving in stability and product quality enormously since it's initial version.

Personally I find the editor window on the build results and such quite a nice addition, as those who don't want it can easily hide it. To me, it is nice to be able to check the error locations within the same window.

A recommended upgrade to those using earlier versions.

Mobile Automation

CEO

"Awesome IDE to do programming for iOS app"

What do you like best?

I used XCODE from last 8 years and the way Apple is updating is really I Love it. I like most about XCODE is swift and storyboard with auto layout and constraints. Initially we are using the XCODE for Objective C and then later Apple introduce the Swift language which I guess best language so far I used to developed the apps. I really love to use this and really appreciate Apple for this awesome IDE. Right now the storyboard is the best way to implement the UI/UX which makes our job so easy and we can develop the apps weekly bases.

What do you dislike?

The size of XCODE is increasing day by day which is making is slow in low configuration Mac. Sometime XCODE stopped responding and slow down the whole Mac if the Mac is having old configuration. This is working fine in latest Mac mini and Mac book pro and Mac book air.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Please decrease the size of dmg file, right now it is about 6 GB which is very heavy.

We are developing the iOS app using XCODE and providing the apps to our clients worldwide. We are service provider company and providing the apps for our world wide clients. Most of the client are looking for iPhone apps and we are developing the apps for them. This is our main business and one of best service that we are providing to our clients.

Mr

"Excellent iOS app development platform"

What do you like best?

Completely good with all iOS stages, along these lines u can be 100% certain that each bug or mistake that it can turn out to be genuine, it will have an answer not at all like different stages that oversee different dialects that aren't 100% local as Xcode for iOS. The way it's avoiding blunders and mix-ups. Coding in Swift is extremely fulfilling gratitude to Xcode. You can utilize the Storyboards to construct the front end interface. For this situation everything is nearly interface just, with intuitive items, and visual settings. I like this since it can truly offer the chance to novices to create applications such a great amount of effectively than 100% automatically. As an ex visual originator this is exceptionally helpful and I am utilized to such a domain including UI configuration designs.

What do you dislike?

There are little bugs that are seen step by step and once in a while they get the opportunity to disappoint. Little program crashes, issues in the wake of bringing in cocoapods conditions, essential restart of the IDE to oversee imports.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Apple administrators Swift, and they assemble Xcode to run with that language. It has the most worked in help for the product that designers compose with it. Try to peruse up on the hotkeys and other usefulness. It is very profound as an IDE and empowers a great deal of extra usefulness on the off chance that you realize where to look.

Disseminating showcasing of our business. It gives a simple to utilize application improvement stage. With an incredible UI that makes front-end improvement far less complex for designers. This is unquestionably favorable contrasted with CSS and HTML in light of the capacity to be not so much semantic but rather more proficient with UI and UX creation. By additionally making UI perception a key piece of the Xcode framework it advances quality improvement that is completely mindful of the look and feel of the application.

servidor e ingeniero en servicios sociales

"powerfull program"

What do you like best?

The manner in which that front-end advancement is taken care of. I trust that quick and Xcode nearby it works superbly of diminishing the exertion and semantics associated with front end advancement while keeping up the particularity that CSS gives. Additionally quick exchange to an iPhone is incredibly advantageous for testing obviously, particularly since it is incorporated. The test system and condition when all is said in done is likewise quicker than Android Studio.

What do you dislike?

I couldn't state I detest anything specifically about Xcode past the way that is promoted as a one size fits all programming condition which I would state it isn't. I would express that on the in spite of my past appraisal that occasionally the effortlessness of the UI rendering fits less viable structure, yet this is exceeded by the choice Apple holds of composing the plan sans preparation as opposed to through simplified highlights.

It gives a simple to utilize application improvement stage. With an extraordinary UI that makes front-end advancement far less difficult for engineers. This is certainly invaluable contrasted with CSS and HTML due to the capacity to be not so much semantic but rather more effective with UI and UX creation. By additionally making UI representation a key piece of the Xcode framework it advances quality improvement that is completely mindful of the look and feel of the application.

UX Designer

"My favorite IDE"

What do you like best?

I love that Apple has built Xcode to build apps for iOS, macOS, tvOS, and watchOS. The functionality of Xcode is quite robust, and it generally does a lot for helping design an app. It has some really wonderful built-in layout features (called auto-layout) for arranging different views on a page in each app. It's very visual and helpful while designing on the storyboard in Xcode.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it feels as if Apple only releases Xcode updates every so often when there are more bugs than I think they probably want. The bugs are usually fixed in incremental updates, but the main updates come every year or so, most commonly to support the latest version of Swift that comes out each year.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

There are only a few other IDEs available for Swift, and Xcode is the best of them all, in my opinion. Apple admins Swift, and they build Xcode to go with that language. It has the most built-in support for the software that developers write with it.

Here we use Xcode to build native apps in Swift. It really is a great tool. I have realized that there are also wonderful source control features built in to manage a git repo and remote, committing and editing commit messages, and managing source control blame.

ingeniero de animaciones 3D

"GOOD IDE"

What do you like best?

My most loved element of Xcode is the snappy progress between realistic components and code. Xcode gives a natural task route framework enabling you to move between modules rapidly and successfully. Additionally, the code finishing usefulness of the IDE makes coding simple.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much documentation for the couple of things that require extra research to completely get it. As an engineer, regularly you have to comprehend what's proficient in an IDE before you start creating. This data can radically change your methodology.

We use XCode to build up our restrictive versatile application that keeps running on iPhone. We initially planned our application utilizing a cross-stage device. The issue with utilizing an instrument like that will be that you have almost no entrance to the inborn, local usefulness. This made us think about structure our portable application utilizing local innovations. We are as of now utilizing the Xcode IDE with Swift3. Xcode's code fruition is in reverse good to all bolstered Swift rendition.

(Myself Only)

"Intuitive, Efficient and Reliable"

What do you like best?

Xcode provides a straightforward view of making apps for Apple brands. The interface is intuitive and simple for beginners and contains many well-placed menus that make software development a breeze. Having used other software building suites, I have found that Xcode is fine tuned to the macOS operating system. There are hardly any long waits or any updates that are left in limbo. I can't overemphasize the cleanliness of the user interface. The fonts and color schemes are carefully thought out so if you spend 8 hours like me writing code, you're not staring at some poorly designed font.

What do you dislike?

There's not much to dislike about Xcode except maybe Apple Watch development. I have found that installing Apple Watch apps takes remarkably more time than iPhone apps because there are no ports on the Apple Watch. It makes you wonder how anyone is patient with the platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Watch tutorials on Youtube, use HackingWithSwift.com

Xcode is a stable software program that has created all our apps. The technologies embedded in it such as Core Data, Swift, UIKit, AVFoundation and many more are really intuitive and do not require lots of study for basic use. The benefits I have realized from Xcode is that my code is easily migrated to the newer iterations of Swift, and that the apps created have been easily modified and debugged.

Software Developer

"Great IDE for iOS development"

What do you like best?

Since it's an instrument that it completely perfect with all iOS stages, along these lines u can be 100% certain that each bug or mistake that it can turn out to be genuine, it will have an answer not at all like different stages that oversee different dialects that aren't 100% local as Xcode for iOS. Toward the end, having a 100% local application, sort of ensures that the UX is 100% immaculate relying upon the iOS gadget you are wanting to utilize it. The investigating device is the best I have utilized, the utilization of breakpoints, memory and power the board is extremely great and helps the designer a ton. I cherish that there is an emulator with all iPhone and iPad gadgets to test all screen sizes.

What do you dislike?

Little program crashes, issues in the wake of bringing in cocoapods conditions, vital restart of the IDE to oversee imports.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try to peruse up on the hotkeys and other usefulness. It is exceptionally profound as an IDE and empowers a great deal of extra usefulness on the off chance that you realize where to look. Watch instructional exercises on Youtube and a prescribed move up to those utilizing prior adaptations.

I have built up various applications for iPhone, from a few customers. The outcome was of course, the instruments given by xcode are impeccable to application advancement and testing. The principle issues to unravel were to create applications that pursued a customer server structure, for which it was important to actualize calls to a rest API. With the investigating devices it was anything but difficult to pursue the hints of mistake and end up building up a decent item.

Mac Software Developer

"Essential tool for Mac/iOS development"

What do you like best?

It’s a first class IDE. It might have shortcomings, but you can’t beat Xcode because it comes straight from Apple and it’s as close as it can get when it comes to supporting their SDKs. I haven’t tried other IDEs for Mac in production, as I prefer to rely on first-party solutions and take advantage of preview versions of SDK. Other apps would have to play catch up to support them.

Stellar part of Xcode is Playgrounds. It's a fun and easy way to test ideas and code snippets. I even use it for simple scripting and automating tasks.

What do you dislike?

Overall I’m happy with Xcode as my main working tool, but occasional crashes or obscure minor bugs get me upset sometimes. Such minor bugs are slow to get fixed. It’s understandable, given the scale of the product and more important priorities. On the plus side I can’t think of any major issues with Xcode.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It might be overwhelming as a first time IDE, but it’s well designed and well organized.

I’m developing Mac apps. Given longterm experience with Xcode and productive familiarity, there’s little reason to even research possible alternatives.

Freelance Web Developer

"Xcode is so fun"

What do you like best?

I love that you are able to instantly see your results in the right pane and using the iPhone simulator has a lot of appeals and is easy to use. Also, I love that you can put your app on your physical device for testing purposes and such. The ability to be able to see the errors of your code immediately helps with overall development because it tells you where the error is at specifically and also will not let you run your program if there is a significant error(red), but will also tell you if you have a minor error that should be looked at, but won't stop your program from running. You don't need to sign up for a developer account with Apple until you are absolutely ready to submit your apps, but you can mess around and test your app with no issues and I feel that this is amazing and extremely helpful.

What do you dislike?

At this point, I haven't found much that I don't really like. My overall experience has been very good.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use it! The best thing about Xcode is that it is free. You don't have to pay for anything and you get to start programming immediately.

I am a new swift developer who is using Xcode to practice before I start to make an app for the members of my business. My app is going to help with the ease of customer use when logging into the app with he ability to download and watch videos or get tips and tricks.

Project Manager, QA Specialist

"Xcode is a great tool for iOS development"

What do you like best?

I like that Xcode has convenient user interface that allows to have everything I need to develop an app with just one click. I can quickly switch between different tools and hide the ones I don't need at the moment.

What do you dislike?

Xcode IDE is pretty heavy in terms of its size on Mac, it updates quiet slowly and takes a lot of space.

I also don't like that sometimes it can stuck and I have to force quit it.

It happens to crash from time to time without a reason but it looks that it is being improved from version to version.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Xcode IDE has everything you need to start developing iOS apps. I recommend using the latest version of Xcode and always stay up to date.

I use Xcode to develop iPhone apps. It was quite easy to start with (comparing to other IDEs) and that is one of the main benefits for me. I love that I can easily arrange files in the project just using drag and drop. And I can say the same about connecting UI controls to code.

I like that it has a very good simulator integrated with it. And it also allows to preview app's design on different devices which is very convenient.

CEO & Founder

"Creating apps for iOS using Xcode"

What do you like best?

Xcode has improved vastly over time. The best part of it is the way in which you can easily create the UI parts of the app and link them to the code. It is best if you can create a single UI that meets all devices, as that keeps your UI design simpler.

Taking an app from being just local to being for sale on the app store is now much easier than it used to be, with all of the difficult steps now done automatically for you by Xcode.

The ability to create libraries in swift and reuse them is very good, but also somewhat difficult to link in at times, so this can count as both a plus and a minus.

What do you dislike?

If you have to create a different UI for different screen sizes then that can be tricky. Also sometimes Xcode gets confused and you need to reboot to reestablish the connection with your device.

Some errors that you get when developing (especially linker errors) can be very hard to debug.

The problems you can have linking in user created libraries in swift (also see things I like best) is harder to use than it should be and creates excessive problems.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Really the only choice you have if you are developing for iOS and don't want to be reliant on third party solutions.

Creating apps for sale on the Apple app store for both b2b and b2c systems.

"Xcode is good for web design"

What do you like best?

I like how Xcode simplifies everything involved with editing into one software that you can use to create different apps. I also like how Xcode uses the Swift programing language. This makes it easier to use. At first, I thought that it was going to be hard to use because I was not use to it, but it makes app developing a lot easier. It offers a lot of features.

What do you dislike?

I do not like the interface builder at all. The interface builder is suppose to help you design apps without using code, but it seems like you can only use this for basic things. More advanced editing requires you to have a knowledge of coding. The debugger also doesn't catch all of the mistakes and some things that it flags as mistakes are not mistakes at all.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give Xcode a try, but it takes a lot to get use to. Tutorials help a lot. I would advise trying to seek out independent tutorials to help gain the basics of Xcode.

App developing for a small business

Software Engineer

"A required tool for everyone developing for Apple platforms - for better or for worse"

What do you like best?

Xcode is actually a huge monster of an IDE - there are so many features that you'll likely never use them all. A lot of them are very useful though - for example, Instruments are great tools to debug your apps, find memory leaks, debug performance issues, etc, and not having to install additional tools is very helpful. Everything you need to develop iOS and Mac apps is built in, from building interfaces to debugging.

What do you dislike?

Being a huge IDE has its problems, as crashes and mysterious problems are common. Experienced Xcode users know some of the "tricks" by heart - deleting some internal folders when builds fail, restarting the app, avoiding SVN changes while the project is still open, etc - but new users will probably be a little frustrated by the constant problems they might face initially.

There are also issues related to using Swift with Xcode, as syntax completion often fails mysteriously and build times are noticeably slower than projects using Objective-C.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I really recommend using other communities such as Reddit or Twitter to keep yourself informed, since sometimes release notes can be difficult to parse and there are lots of quirks to every new version of Xcode. Either way it's always a good thing to get connected to the community.

To answer plainly and simply: It's practically the only way to develop, build and upload iOS and Mac apps, which is a business requirement for us and many other companies out there.

Senior Software Engineer

"The Apple IDE"

What do you like best?

Xcode is really great for designing cool User Interface and creating a good-looking UI quite easily. It is better than most of the other IDEs out there it's quick and easy. One might find it a little bit difficult to get into the rhythm of how Xcode works, but once you get the hang of it, you are good to go.

What do you dislike?

Basically, IDEs are meant for code completion, refactoring etc. In these areas, Xcode is generations behind than other IDEs such as NetBeans or Visual Studio (I'm talking about just writing the code). So, I would say I'm not a big fan of writing my code in Xcode.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I'm not sure if I or any other Xcode user will say that it's the best IDE out there, but if you are looking forward to developing iOS apps, or apps for any other Apple product you will have to work on Xcode, and it's not that bad, I mean it's alright.

For any client, apps have become an important part of their company nowadays. So, they need to develop Android and iOS apps. And to develop an iOS app you need to use Xcode. Obviously, Xcode helps in creating better optimised, fast and beautiful looking apps to match the Apple standards of perfection.

Head of Product
Internet

"Wouldn't recommend, but you have literally no choice to use it!"

What do you like best?

Managed uploads and version control to itunes connect, which is an advantage above android. ( react native ). The simulator is a great tool, very accurately depicts an iphone / ipad etc and speeds up local development a lot.

What do you dislike?

Clumsy layout, difficult to find what you need to do, errors very poorly displayed. Simulator does not handle push notifications which can make local development trickier. Building to a device is also fiddly and often throws errors that you do not get on building to the simulator. Very little documentation for xcode, very often a case of google that error and solve it yourself. Little if no support options? The whole software appears as though it has had loads of extras bolted on over the years which have made the ux and ui very clumsy. Its also an enormous program ( ~20 gbs ) which when you have to use a mac ( another flaw for my poor linux friends ) takes up a huge amount of a 128gb or 256gb macbook harddrive. Simulator slows down after protracted use (appears a some processes build up over time on react native).

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Your app build is very fragile! Be careful updating pod dependancies etc, e g. High Sierra recently updated my ruby version which broke my pod install and forced 5 hours of installing / reinstalling and hoping for the best before it was fixed.

We use x code to develop and release the iOS of our react native app. Has enabled us to get live on the app store, but as you are forced to use it thats not all that impressive!

"Easy to use and Powerful all around!"

What do you like best?

The interface is nice and clean looking compared to others. There are certain functionalities that make it easy for beginners such as drag and drop. I've made quite a few apps and to be able to publish to the app store directly from Xcode is amazing.

What do you dislike?

The simulators are buggy and not really functional at all. The controls to the program are a bit stuck meaning your computer could freeze a couple times.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You should give it a try, its not easy at first but beginners will get the hang of it.

I've built apps that have helped financial businesses. These apps have grown extensively and hope to make more in the near future.