I was recently approached by our VP of Sales and asked to come up with a solution to deal with "Customer Claims." Previously this was being done in a spreadsheet and file/folder structure on our file server. Because of this, nobody knew when the customer service group worked on claims (spreadsheet wasn't being updated) and consumer information/data wasn't being placed in the respective folders). I presented Alloy to our VP of Sales and explained that our customer service group dealing with and resolving a customer claim is really no different than our IT group working through and resolving an IT ticket - they are both problems that need a resolution.
Since that presentation, we have begun to use Alloy for all customer complaints and configured automation around the claims tickets:
- Link on our website that sends customer to Formstack form
- Customer fills our form with their data/info and email from Formstack sent to our help desk mailbox
- Alloy pulls in the email from the help desk mailbox, creates a ticket, assigns the ticket to the customer service -
group, they get an email letting them know a new ticket is created and Alloy then sends an auto response email
with ticket #, warranty info for our chemical, etc. back to the consumer.
- Ticket is worked on and when one rep is done with their part of the claims process, they re-assign to the next
person and that next person gets an email (this is probably one of the biggest problems we had in the old
approach - nobody knew when claims were being worked on).
- We were able to add custom fields in the "closure" screen for currency (so that if we did cut a check to the
customer, we can put a $ amount there and then we can also report on that (How much money have we had to
pay out over the year).
- Reports (no way to do this under the old approach of spreadsheet/files/folders).
- SLAs - Email reminders when a claim sits "untouched" for more than 14 days...
Being able to use Alloy for our Claims Resolution (in addition to help desk functions) has allowed us to respond to claims in a much more efficient and timely manner as well as report back to upper management on the overall claims process.
Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.