AkkenCloud Reviews & Product Details

AkkenCloud Overview

What is AkkenCloud?

AkkenCloud is the most comprehensive, enterprise, cloud-based platform available for staffing and recruiting agencies, built to streamline front office, inter office, and back office workflow. With the use of the AkkenCloud platform, customers have seen an increase in efficiency, placements, and profitability. Managing over 14.8 million candidates and 33,000 users within one platform, the size and success of AkkenCloud customers continue to grow daily.

AkkenCloud Details

AkkenCloud's recruitment software platform provides an integrated front office, back office and inter office including social media, and provides mobility to access and work from anywhere on any device.

AkkenCloud is constantly innovating to provide the best, fully-integrated solution for staffing and recruiting agencies. AkkenCloud specializes in serving all staffing and recruiting industry verticals and all markets. There is no other end-to-end solution available in the marketplace that offers the full suite of services required to grow and scale a staffing or recruiting agency, all in one platform.

In the fall of 2017, AkkenCloud will be releasing two game-changing new innovations that will solidify the position as a hot provider on the move for staffing and recruiting agencies.

AkkenCloud
2005
Nashua, NH

AkkenCloud Videos

AkkenCloud Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the AkkenCloud community
Have you used AkkenCloud before?

AkkenCloud Reviews

Showing 111 AkkenCloud reviews
Already have AkkenCloud?
What do you like best?

I like the ability to set task reminders and notify other users when I am entering notes. I also enjoy the easy integration with text em all and docusign. I also like that once the docusign is completed, it will upload the information and documents right into the employee's profile. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are some weird glitches that need worked out, and there is no simple way to send an employee their current schedule. There was definitely a lack of training and help from the support team in the beginning, but communication and support has recently improved. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I definitely feel like it is better suited for some industries than for others. Especially if its a per diem company, there are some different things than a company with regualrly scheduled employees. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have recently been able to learn some steps that save a ton of time using Akken. We were creating multiple job orders and assignments for the same person/palcement when in fact we didn't have to. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AC
What do you like best?

Very strong customer service. Constantly adding functionality. Fairly intuitive menus. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I hate a few things. 1. When you do a search in candidates it does not mark a candidate as viewed once you open it. So, if you do not go through every candidate and want to return the search it is a huge hassle to get back to your spot. 2. When you type in a name if you do not get the name right, it does not bring up several choices that may be correct it just brings up nothing. These 2 things have been available on recruiting databases for years. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sue that all the functionality works for you and that the initial loading of all your data is successful as many of our resumes have to be reloaded by clicking view and then reloading them to show up in the notes field. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am using it for typical ATS functions. Storing and reviewing resumes and client information. Scheduling and tracking calls. Keeping track of job orders and submittals. Keeping track of stages of the interview process, etc.

Benefits are simply that I would have not way to track these things efficiently without an ATS. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like that the program is very user friendly and easy to navigate to search for clients and update client information.

It is very easy to learn how to use the program especially for first timers.

I like that we can use the program to set reminders which makes it easier to keep track of clients' files in case we need to meet a deadline.

I like that we can document notes and that notes cannot be deleted. It is an easy way to communicate about a clients through the program.

I like that you cannot delete notes from the candidate's account.

Applicants can easily be tracked on the platform.

We can run reports for expiring credentials, which helps us Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It would be helpful to have a FAQ page or Help Tab within the program in case a user needs to figure out how to use the program for a specific purpose.

Having tab to place a ticket if users are experiencing issues with the program.

If the program is scheduled to undergo maintenance, an email should be sent to all users.

I find it would be helpful if we could open two candidate accounts at the same time to document notes. Sometimes having multiple windows open causes the notes to post to the incorrect candidate. You cannot delete notes and in this case not being able to do that is not a helpful feature.

When running the report for expiring credentials, you cannot export a report to excel sheet. instead you have to save as a pdf, which makes it difficult to read the information. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great program for companies needing to provide credentialing services. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are able to easily communicate with clients and send necessary documentation to be completed via docusign. The documents can be sent directly from AKKEN instead of having to send an email.

An email can be sent to multiple clients if needed.

Coworkers can document notes to keep track of progress on an account.

The program can hold documents on file, allowing us to work purely digitally instead of having to waste paper.

you can set reminders to follow up for a candidate or to schedule a meeting.

You can also create invites for people to join a meeting.

You can setup appointments for important events. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

How simple it is to navigate through this system! I am also able to complete all work tasks with this system, and update any information needed. This system is one of the easiest CRM I have ever used during my whole working career. I highly recommend all administrative professionals use this system when needing a CRM system. I am able to obtain all data needed for the various purposes and work task related projects I may be doing in a very simple and easy manner. This site has never crashed on me, or has never had any down maintenance during working hours. This system has made my job much easier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing! This system has given me no issues. Nor is is confusing or difficult at all to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend that all Akken Cloud users learn the system's ins and outs and navigate through all tabs and portals in this system to know all of it. It is good to learn everything about this system in order to better utilize it, and to be able to teach others who may have questions while using this system. Also, one might consider becoming a system administrator so they will the able to help other employees with their accounts when needed. Some additional advise that I might have is when navigating through the system, please be sure that you are utilizing all tabs under eDesk. This makes your job a lot easier and makes all the information put in seem much more organized. Also, be sure to set up your profile and personalize it, as it will feel more individualized and much more pleasing to use. That is one benefit about this CRM that others may not have, and that is creating your very own profile and personalizing it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Benefits that I gain from using this system is that I am able to answer ny questions I may get about certain employees regarding the assignments the were put on, their schedule, demographic data, or contact information, pay, hours they worked during an assignment, and I am able to see any new hires that have started with our company. I am able to export to my computer via PDF and Excel easily any information I need on new hires from certain areas of my company in order to complete any tasks at hand. I am also able to complete work tasks with this system, and update any information needed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director of Marketing and Communications
What do you like best?

AkkenCloud offers an intuitive, full-scale CRM solution for staffing agencies.

My favorite features are:

1. The ability to create custom groups through tagging

2. The ease of conducting searches within applications and notes

3. The ability to upload and parse resumes simply and quickly

4. The ability to "tag" colleagues in records, so that they receive an alert directly in the CRM. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Here are the things I dislike about AkkenCloud:

1. There are very few built-in integrations

2. Custom work can be time-consuming and pricey

3. The reporting functionality could be more robust

4. Any type of "touch" to a record (including copying a record to a group, etc.) automatically updates the modification date and person. This makes it impossible to use this field to track actual record modifications, deeming it useless. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

In my marketing role, AkkenCloud gives me the ability to easily track and manage leads and their sources. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Business Operations Manager
What do you like best?

Paperless on boarding goes smoothly, anyone can see what anyone else has done and it is easy to alter what we want documents to be/say. This is especially effective for a temp agency because we have new employees so often that it would be impossible to do all the tax forms in person. We also like the info being pulled automatically from candidate profiles and how emails are tracked. Not sure what more I can say but we really are big fans of the ease and user friendly nature of Akken as a program. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Having to refresh my email very often, and sometimes it takes a long time. We also struggle with the fact that anything you click on will automatically open a new window rather than a tab or just changing pages. This can cause multiple windows open and that can be stressful. Same goes for having to update everything after entering it, for example when you change someone's status. Lately we have struggled to get a hold of customer service during the covid 19 pandemic issues so that is a problem. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You can call Akken anytime and they'll have someone talk to you and provide clear help and instruction in a timely manner. Same goes for emails; when I email an issue to their customersuccess email address a ticket is always opened immediately. This is one of our favorite features. Something to consider is what is more important to your company, having personal connection and quick help or maybe a system that is a bit more intuitive. For us, since we aren't doing anything too fancy, it is better to have always reachable and friendly customer service but this may not be the case for everyone. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Internally we have been able to solve problems of accountability. With Akken there is no loss of information; we have everything recorded in our activities in case of a dispute. We also have simplified on boarding processes. We are also trying to convert our email because of something to do with OAuth. I do not totally understand it but I have tried multiple times to get a hold of someone to explain it to me. A while ago they said they were working on it but then I haven't heard anything since then. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The people are nice, You get to deal with US citizens. The database is okay. We are starting to have search feature problems and customer support seems to be a couple days. We are not sure if it is due to covid or what Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It is cumbersome, everything takes a lot of steps Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use it as a CRM, just as a candidate database. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

* Ease of searching for candidates

* Ease of parsing in new candidates

* Ease of running reports and being able to narrow it down to exactly the information I need Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The scheduling module does not work for per diem staffing. The need to create a new assignment and new schedule for employees that work different shift hours is not ideal Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are working with Akken to have some of the "required" fields be taken away as it does not making parsing candidates seamless.

Benefits I have realized would be that housing our employees/candidates in one spot where we can go from parsing, to credentialing to scheduling would be a great tool to have if it worked for all types of employment Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

How easy it is to access your employees, and assignments, and timesheets. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

When trying to combine it with another company's server or service, it does have some glitches. However, we have found that to be the fault of the other company's systems, which makes Akken great. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's a great tool. Just take some ample time to get familiarized with the product and the services it can provide. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use a company called Xor to schedule interviews through our database. Sometimes resumes aren't uploaded and we can't sync their resumes to existing profiles.

However, AkkenCloud does provide great information regarding past employees and their assignments and any previous notes/reports that are beneficial to the company and running the business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Digital Marketing Specialist
What do you like best?

The in depth customer profile and notes. I like that the profile holds completely different information for our Clients versus our Candidates. For Clients we can see their position, others at the company and their past communications. This helps us have more meaningful conversations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would like an app for mobile convenience. Currently I find that the system is much easier to use on Desktop. There are times I would like to view contacts on the go but find this slightly difficult.

Also, I would like to have a more advanced mail system in Akken. Most of our team emails clients through Akken so that their communication is logged in the customer profile. We do find that the mail interface is outdated and could use more attention - especially when comparing to things like Gmail and Outlook apps. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use Akkencloud if you're looking to integrate a CRM that can get your team on the same page. We're using it to manage 800k contacts. At this scale it would normally be hard to know where every contact is in their process, however with AkkenCloud this process has been simplified. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use Akken as our primary Client and Candidate database. It has helped our entire team communicate better, and better understand where each Client is in their process. We need an easy way to view Client information and past communications, and Candidate qualifications, submissions for positions, and experience/relevant documents. AkkenCloud does all of this seamlessly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Great tool for data storage, recall and usage. Applicant tracking allows for easy categorization and implementation. Note associations allows for detailed tracking of steps and follow up by multiple recruiters remotely. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Many features have to be dug around for and are not easily utilized. Have to call Akken with technical issue that arise due to a lack of clarity in system operation clarity. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Learn what it can be used for to fully get the value out of the system. The benefits are great but sometimes hidden. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Detailed contacts lists for both clients and candidates. Easy to follow tracking systems. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AS
What do you like best?

The application was designed for our company and do able to have a lot of input Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Improvement on the scheduling module. Also testing for medical employees. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

One stop solution. We're not 100% there as of right now but we're getting there. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Relationship Manager
What do you like best?

I like that fact that other tools can be integrated with this program to make it even more effective for recruiting (call em all, API) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are still a few minor glitches to be worked out. I would like to see Akken correct those. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure you do a trial run of at least 3 months and have the company work out glitches before going live. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Having the ability to communicate with alot of candidates at one time is extremely helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I think Akken is a great platform for organization purposes. I like being able to make CRM groups of candidates so that you can easily organize candidates. It is an easy way to keep a quick list of candidates together. It also allows you to search by Boolean strings, which makes it very easy to find a list of candidates that best fit what you are looking for. I like that you can tag coworkers on notes you leave in the system so that they can easily reference a profile you would like them to see. It is really easy to make profiles, which is great for someone who needs the platform they are using to be time efficient. I have been using the platform for a few months and it hasn't crashed, so I have never had to deal with a technical difficulty. Overall, the platform is really user friendly. Both the recruiting and sales teams in my office are able to use it effectively and it helps our communication in a very fast paced industry where time is of the essence. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish you could edit comments in profiles. I think that this would allow us to correct typos and edit information, but as it is now, I just have to put in another note to correct myself. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I think it's a great platform and it is super user friendly. I picked it up comfortably in just a few days and rarely have questions on how to use it now. I think it's a good platform to keep a business together. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am more organized, I know where my candidates are and how access them quickly. In my time using it, it hasn't caused any glitches. I also really like how quickly I can upload profiles to the platform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Technical Recruiter
What do you like best?

the update that now shows who a note is sent to!

The documents section on a candidate profile is helpful to keep track of portfolios as well

being able to create groups of candidates in similar positions is great too, it makes it easy for me to go back and contact people who I already have spoken to about a role but they may not have been a fit, and causing me not to have to search continuously, it is a huge time saver

One of my favorite features is being able to customize how I view my candidate page- I have mine set up in a way that shows me the most imporatnt information that I would need when looking up a candidate for a position, and I have continuously made edits as I figure out what works best for me to get what I need as quickly as possible. My coworkers and I all love that feature, it is possibly my favorite feature of Akken! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

the boolean search for candidates could definitely be worked on. I switched the order of words once and it changed my results by +10 people - which is making wonder how many people i may have missed in a search

I would like to see the process for signing a candidate up for payroll simplified, I feel like there are are a lot of complications when I am trying to set a candidate up in the HRM files. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a great tool to implement organization in your work place, as well as keep the lines of communication clear Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

definitely being able to track a candidates interview processes and reasonings why they may not have moved forward after an interview, and being able to share profiles/notify others on sales or on my team

Also, it is great that I can integrate my outlook with Akken Cloud, so my calendar is in sync and I get my notifications double through Akken and my outlook app so I am definitely not missing anything here! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like the job posting abilities as well as the time and expense accounting function. This allows us to track our consultants projects in an easier way. The candidate search features are also a big factor. Adding new people to work orders, creating new clients, adding assignments are all functions that make our process more smooth. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I find that the time and expense views are a bit 'old' and not very user friendly. It would be better, in my opinion, if the information listed was more easily sorted on the initial view. It already comes a table, but if I wanted to filter something specific and toggle back and forth, I can't. I need to set each search box again with new dates. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Akken Cloud has several functionalities that work for both small and large companies. The value of what is offered is great. If you are a budget conscious individual who looks for a good and easy ROI, Akken Cloud should be at the top of your list. I have used Akken Cloud for the last 7+ years, I reviewed them against several other reputable solutions, In the end, this was and easy choice. We are able implement, train, and begin using the system within our bi-weekly pay cycle, and never missed a beat. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The biggest issue we have in correct billable time input for our projects. This leads to proper invoicing. The fact that time is approved acts a pre approval for the invoice. This has lessened any AR/AP issues with clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Technical Recruiter
What do you like best?

Akken integrates well and is very user friendly. Also, not as expensive as most. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The mobile app works fine.... if it works with your phone. It has had a rough time working with iPhones since it came into existence, but has always worked great on my android, until my last phone upgrade to a Galaxy S-10. Now it doesn't work at all.

Also, there customer service (customer success) is not good. Occasionally you will get a good person, but many act like your issue is an inconvenience to them that they can't be bothered with. Also, everytime they escalate the issue to engineering, they can never find a problem, but somehow the issue is fixed. This is probably the worst customer service unit I have ever worked with. If I need help now, I have found it best to work through sales. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Initially, we used Akken for our email hosting, as well as are CRM for candidates and clients. Our clients have varying requirements for billing and time keeping, so we don't utilize the back end services that are included in the Akken Services. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

POB (Paperless OnBoarding) is the best feature. I work at a Staffing Agency and we hire a lot of people so the POB feature is a great tool for us. We are able to process applicants more quickly and efficiently with this tool. All forms are legible, easily accessible and can be downloaded with the click of a button. Call Em All is another great feature for Akken, working in the Staffing industry we are able to reach 100's of employees at once via phone call or text. There are also a lot of great reports that can be generated from Akken as well. I myself have created and customized several reports that are very helpful in my position as a Payroll Admin. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

One downside to Akken is that each employee file is individually owned by a specific user, this makes it harder for others to archive the employee record. It would be great if all users for a company were able to archive employee records to help keep the database cleaned up and not have to rely on one person to do so. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Akken is very user friendly, everything is available at the click of a button. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

One of the biggest problems we previously had was with having applicants complete paperwork, Akken has helped with that problem by introducing us to POB (Paperless OnBoarding). This tool has helped tremendously as there is no more guessing what applicants are writing on their forms. It also helps that the forms are all located in one place, which ensures forms are not being misplaced. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AS
What do you like best?

As an employee that uses AkkenCloud daily, AkkenCloud definitely makes the workload a lot easier. It is easy to navigate through and I love how it is always up to date! I love that AkkenCloud support team is easy to communicate with as well as the webinars that they put in place to help you better navigate through the success of your business. Most importantly, I love how within Akken, no matter what business you're running, you can customize your features to your business' advantage. It really is a one size fits all! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Personally, I am not too fond of not having the option to delete files. Everything gets "archived." Also, there is some confusion with terminating an employee and/or Job Order. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

During this global pandemic, AkkenCloud has definitely made it possible to work from home. Especially with the new E-Verify widget, it has definitely put the company a little at ease with learning and adapting to our new "normal." Currently, I am solving terminations and duplicate files within AkkenCloud. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

US
What do you like best?

Akken is easy to navigate around and all of the data is available for us! It is beneficial to use during a time like today when there is so much chaos going on. Akken keeps items organized in specific folders for me when I need to keep things in an orderly fashion. As a member of the team that is going to be a go to person for Akken problems and issues, there is a lot to learn. I do not think many individuals know how many uses Akken has. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It runs quite slow a times where you are switching between windows.One item I do not like about Akken is the amount of time that it takes to load. At times, I feel as if it slows me down depending on the day. I am not sure why it takes a long time only sometimes but I would like to know if it has something to do with our server. Another item I do not like about akken is the outdated look. I think that it would better suit our company if the system looked a little more modern and was clean looking. Some of the functions look outdated which is not the biggest deal but it adds to the factors that are disliked when we are in Akken. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Double check all of your work is saved!! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are enhancing our data system with Akken to ensure a smooth hiring process. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Akken has been a critical asset helping our organization redefine recruiter workflows as well as providing valuable control on different types of data. The design of Akken is very well mapped with the candidate/recruiter process and therefore provided better ways for us to redefine how our recruiters work with our candidates from sourcing to assignment. Most importantly this has brought about much needed efficiencies as our company continues to increase its volume load. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Akken with all of its different data types and field entries is literally a gold mine of data for analytics and reporting. Being able to tap into this existing source of data and mine out all the work we are putting in to the system for record keeping is a tremendous need. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have solved some critical HR compliance matters in how we record candidate information within Akken that now keeps our organization much less exposed to liabilities around employee confidentiality. This also as a result developed into improved recruiter workflows and process efficiencies. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

IT Consultant
What do you like best?

Good for mixed lines of business, not focused on any one type of staffing. Customer Service is usually easy to get to. Nice, the way it posts jobs to our website. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The user interface is not as intuitive as some competing products I've used. I don't like the submission process, which is really important with a staffing ATS. We liked its back office functionality during the evaluation process but none of our customers would use the customer interface - too clunky. Candidate interface also was supposed to be helpful but did not live up to expectations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It keeps track of clients, candidates, and job orders. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like how much can be done with Akken. We can keep track of candidates, hires, and so much more. It is a great platform for the recruiting side, as well as the sales side. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It could look a little better. It looks very basic and could be a little newer looking. It is tough to search for people as well Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Don't judge it by the looks. it looks like a dated system, but it is a great tool to have! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The benefits are how organized you can make groups, and the different ways you can add candidates into Akken. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I enjoy the candidate tracking and the tools they offer to keep me organized Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Many options on the back end/ analytics offer several ways to get to the same end result which complicates training at times Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure you are inputting candidates, clients, and job orders correctly from the beginning. I do think there could be better training for the product rather than just a q & a once you purchase. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Keeping my candidates and clients better organized, job orders organized, central area to take and keep notes, keeping our team highly collaborative and informed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recruitment Specialist
What do you like best?

I like that there are so many options and tabs to click on that help organize all of the information pertaining to our candidates. I can be as specific as I need to in the Activities area without worry of running out of room to type. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was an area to enter information such as candidate birthdays. Being able to send out an email wishing clients or employees to have a Happy Birthday is such a nice, personal touch. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I rarely have issues, and when I do they typically resolve themselves. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.