2Checkout Reviews & Product Details

2Checkout Overview

What is 2Checkout?

2Checkout is the digital commerce & payments provider that helps companies sell their products and services via multiple channels, acquire customers across multiple touch points, increase customer and revenue retention, leverage smarter payment options and subscription billing models, and maximize sales conversion rates. The company’s clients include ABBYY, Absolute, Bitdefender, FICO, HP Software, Kaspersky Lab, and many more companies across the globe. Avangate acquired 2Checkout (www.2checkout.com) in March 2017. Companies select our solution to: - Sell More Digital Goods Globally - Maximize Customer Lifetime Value - Accelerate Time to Market - Get Integrated Recurring Revenue Management - Leverage New Distribution Channels More info on www.2checkout.com

2Checkout Details
Arabic, Bulgarian, Czech, Danish, German, Greek, English, Persian, Finnish, French, Hindi, Croatian, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Dutch, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Chinese (Simplified)

2Checkout powers modern Digital Commerce, solving the complexity of online commerce, subscription billing, and global payments for Software, SaaS and Online Services companies.

2Checkout simplifies the complexities that online merchants face when expanding and optimizing global revenue streams, whether derived from subscriptions or individual sales.
Our all-in-one monetization platform was designed to be comprehensive and flexible. You can choose the ecommerce, billing and payment capabilities that makes sense today knowing you can quickly adapt to the changes in your business tomorrow.
We maximize your conversion and retention rates, and minimize the complexities of global markets, like VAT and compliance. We do this so your team can focus on doing what it does best: creating exceptional products and delighting your customers.

2Checkout

2Checkout Reviews

Showing 134 2Checkout reviews
Already have 2Checkout?
Website Developer
What do you like best?

What I like must about 2Checkout is it's easy to setup documentation are well described and easy to configure. I found 2Checkout one of the most secure gateways for my business. I can easily manage by accounting via its well-managed dashboard and the refunding process is also quite easy. I recommend 2Checkout for startups and of course for big companies as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It's transaction rates a bit high. It's one of the good gateways I think the conversions rate and transection rate is a bit high. It would be better if It starts accepting cards from Nepali banks. I'll love to see and use 2Checkout for my business in Nepal as well. Kepp Expanding. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's easy and good to go with. Go for it. You'll love your business getting automated and fully organized.

There are multiple modules and it's free to get started. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It made my business run online easily. I don't need to verify payment manually everything is automatic and it's quite awesome. As a startup I found 2Checkout one of the best gateway to get started. Recurring are managed automatically AS WELL. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

2Checkout Customer Service makes me feel Secured and Valued! This business is way far better than the others because of their outstanding Customer Service. I signed up on their website, the automatically connected me with an operator who had my laundry pickup coordinated. Had my laundry fresh and clean to building with ease. A great service for those that want to ditch the long lines at laundromats. Try it! Great results, ty Spin city! You've got yourself a repeat customer Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing! Because the business is perfect for me. Why I will send a complaint if the company is able to provide the resolution in a timely manner and the team was able to provide me details how to avoid this problem to happen in the future. Laundry has sweet and fresh scent. Thank you for making sure the whites are separated from the rest. Almost 1 month worth of laundry and no complaints from your staff. Thank you for the free pick up and delivery. Happy customer here. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

None so far everything is perfect for me so keep it up team. All is can say is thank you for the sweet and fresh scent. Thank you for making sure the whites are separated from the rest. Almost 1 month worth of laundry and no complaints from your staff. Thank you for the free pick up and delivery. Happy customer here. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

My business is very complex, but with the help of one person only they got my trust that they can handle everything for me. Easy to transact with and easily scheduled. Money concerns always come back with complete details without anything missing. :) Very convenient cos they pick up and deliver. 😊 I hope the company will continue to provide this kind of customer service . Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Information Technology Infrastructure Manager
What do you like best?

They operate in south american countries like Argentina, where other gateways do not give any support. They promptly reply to me inquiries and they always helped me in any problems I've had.

They accept payment methods that are also available in Argentina such as Payoneer and Paypal as deposit methods. They are also very kind and quick to help, be it a technical issue or an accounting issue. All in all they are a well balanced company and the fact that they are the few (if not the only one) that allows you to operate from Argentina and still allow you to operate internationally is one big plus. You cannot do that with local payment gateways like Rapipago or MercadoPago. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I can't say I have anything negative to report. They always provided help when I needed it and they never let me down. If I had to name one: they need to improve the information provided on the backend as it's confusing for small companies. They should allow for setups between small and big companies in order to make the information more easy to read. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're in Latin America this is one of your top choices. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

There is no other way for me to receive payments from credit cards on Argentina aside from MercadoPago which has become increasingly difficult to work with due to all the government meddling with taxes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UA
What do you like best?

It is a reliable platform based on monetization for companies in general, because it ensures that these monetary processes are carried out successfully in its entirety, it is used by multiple companies and their customers to make payments for any purchase or any term of service offered, without excluding that some of the fantastic features it acquires, is that its security to identify and solve errors and attacks against fraud, are unique and great, because this programming system is impeccable, having a very low margin of failure. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

One of the disadvantages that are quite frustrating, in relation to the financial processes of this application, is that the verification of payment and the confirmation of the purchase take a long period of time, being something uncomfortable and annoying, for the new users that use this software to carry out their economic operations, as much of emitting transfers as the receiving ones, acquiring a margin of high negative commentaries, by this nonconformist situation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

One of the areas in which this software is recommended, due to the extensive sales of digital resources or permissions, such as licenses for online software, because this system is ideal, as it offers various tools that are very useful to compensate the frustrations of the payment processes and purchase confirmations that are made, through a virtual channel, through this application logically, promoting confidence and leadership to each of the users and operators registered to this server. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

One of the frustrations and annoyances that this software has spared us, in the digital facilities of our company, is that we have had to save the multiple and confusing methods of payments that we implement for our clients, to carry out a purchase and the verification's of the payment of these individuals, because 2CheckOut has facilitated these monetary movements in simple steps and end a business by the customers and the company, providing a comprehensive solution for the management of various credit cards, because this system has not also facilitated the complexity of dealing with foreign exchange and foreign taxes, being very useful for our global business environment. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AC
What do you like best?

The platform is mature and reliable. They always pay on time. Ordering form works well and looks good. Fraud screening works pretty well. Takes care of all taxes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

They never make suggested improvements, no matter how reasonable or simple. They are expensive. Their processing fee is on the amount that includes taxes/VAT, making them more expensive than they advertise. They take advantage of you on currency exchange. The chargeback fee is $45, which is surely the highest in the industry. They tell you to process direct debit orders before the money has even arrived, making fraud trivially easy. The inline shopping cart does not support all payment methods, making it unusable. There is no way to display the product price in the user's local currency, as detected from their IP address. Can't use them for subscriptions because when the customer renews, they don't report the original order reference number, making it impossible to connect the customer to their existing account. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Not a bad choice if international sales are important. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

They support a wide variety of payment methods and currencies, helping us close more international sales. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Roxana Gaina of 2Checkout

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We have passed your feedback on to our product team and we want to let you know we value the opinion of our customers. If you ever need assistance from our side, please reach out to supportplus@2checkout.com.

What do you like best?

In my part of the World finding an effective eCommerce Payment gateway was a real headache for me & the search took years and the convenience I've gotten from 2Checkout has been priceless for my budding business. I feel my business is in safe hands and look forward to a fruitful relationship with the Service provider. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The rigorous application process is lengthy and frustrating. Building a successful business online is very difficult and the last thing you want to feel as an Entrepreneur is to be subjected to scrutiny that makes you feel like you're a criminal when you just want to do business the right way. They need to make it more fluid and customer centred. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Worth the rigorous application process. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Easy checkout, concise sales reports and clear payment dates. The payoneer card integration is awesome as well. The Google authenticator 2 factor login also makes me feel secure regarding access to my dashboard and funds. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It works great for taking payment with credits cards from Costa Rica or international clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The activation process took too long if they could speed up the process that would be great, the interface to change currency could be better. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a great option ones approve is fast to integrate with your website, works internationally, the payment process is very friendly and fast. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are able to process about 40% more sales, and our client are happy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Chief of Infraestructura & Manager TI
What do you like best?

2 checkout It is a very versatile e-commerce platform, especially it is worldwide, this makes it one step further than payonner or PayPal. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Like everything good, it always has a heel of Achilles and this is that the monthly freight and per transaction is very high, this makes the product more expensive and discourages. Buyer as well as seller to implement in your e-commerce. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

2Checkout, it is very important that you think about the customer you are buying from and for this you must have low commissions and especially in e-commerce since this attracts new users in times of covid19 these commissions must be 0 and only payment per transaction would help everyone win. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It is very good for products in quantities and exclusive products, I have been able to implement a couple of web pages with this solution Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AC
What do you like best?

I need to sell digital goods and I was looking for a payment provider which could meet my requirements. Finally, I have chosen 2Checkout and work with them for more than 5 years.

After launching a new dashboard, the company made what is required according to modern tendencies: intuitive UI. Beginners can even sell products without ecommerce solution. But as for me, what is really important is reliable and quick support and integration with PayPal which is a must-have since my clients ofter use this payment method.

I am glad to use this nice payment platform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is no log file to see the status of each transaction. It could be nice to get such option which can help with debugging (it is suitable for developers who work on the integration). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a reliable payment solution and they have extensive documentation, so you can examine it and make integration with your custom e-commerce script. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Due to new law, each business to business transaction requires an agreement and it makes impossible to use PayPal to receive payment from business accounts in my country. So, about 40-50% of customers prefer to pay using their business PayPal account and they get error message.

2Checkout allow combining both card and PayPal payments which solves my problem. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AD
What do you like best?

It was easy to sign up back in the day. Now there are much easier options like Square and Stripe. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It has become such a pain to deal with 2Checkout. Constant issues and terrible support. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

2Checkout is the problem. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Raluca Bejgu of 2Checkout

Hi! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, we appreciate the feedback, good or bad. We can assure you that we are taking the satisfaction of our customers very seriously and we are sorry if we did not live up to your expectations. Reach out to us directly at service@2checkout.com with more details so we can work on fixing those issues. Looking forward to hearing from you!

AA
What do you like best?

I set up my company with 2checkout in May, I used only paypal before but some of my customers had asked to pay by cards, I wish I had never done this. They now have over €3,000 of my money and will not communicate with me as to how I can get it. Every e-mail I send I'm told it's being referred to the risk team and I hear nothing from the risk team. If I had not signed up to the 2checkout service all this money would have gone through paypal and I would have had direct access to it. You have been holding my money so long that even though postage is taking a really long-time customers have received their orders. But it's mostly the total lack of communication, I can't pay my staff at month end and I can't tell them when it will be because your company does not think communication is important. You are effectively my bank and you are behaving like some bloody fraudsters; I'm getting concerned that I will never get the money myself and my staff have worked really hard to earn. I'm discussed and I'm having my IT people remove the possibility to use 2checkout until someone can reassure me that you are not a bunch of crooks who have just taken my money. I've been e-mailing for 3 weeks with one small response asking for tracking, I’ve offered what I can but NOTHING, NOTHING, NOTHING back, I'm so frustrated I'm now writing to your CEO on LinkedIn to try and get some resolution, I'm e-mailing every hour. I need to be paid so my staff can be paid. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

They have my money are are completely refusing to communicate with me as to how I get my money Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Communicate with your customers Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

None, they are only causing problmes Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Roxana Gaina of 2Checkout

Hello! Thanks for your honest feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to review our platform and services, and we apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. We can assure you that we are taking the satisfaction of our customers very seriously and we are sorry if we did not live up to your expectations.

We would like to help solve your problem, so for further information, please feel free to reach out directly at service@2checkout.com. Looking forward to hearing from you!

Mr. Marcel Pazos
What do you like best?

Its very easy to install in your website - ecommerce with Ecwid or Woocommerce, and also you can send the money to many countries. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The prices of the banks transfers could be high for small bussiness. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want to expand your bussines you need to have a way to recive payments with credit cards, so 2checkout is a perfect solution. Also works in many countries than usually doesnt have other service like that. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I need to sale my courses, and digital products online and i want to recive payments with credit cards. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like the user interface. On both the management and user side, the interface is simple and well-designed. The default checkout design is simple for most customers to navigate. I think the pricing is good and competitive with most of the primary payment solutions available these days. I like being able to add multiple items at once and have much of the product formatting already set upon import. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It is sometimes hard to set custom configurations with 2Checkout. It works well for quick integrations, but may require more expert assistance for advanced integrations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

To give yourself a higher chance at sales conversions, I would activate as many payment method options as possible. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use 2Checkout to manage our primary eCommerce needs. We can integrate our payment processing for credit cards, debits cards, bank transfers and other popular payment methods. 2Checkout helps to manage our shopping cart and website integration without having to spend much time programming or dealing with API issues. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Multi-currency support (of up to 87 currencies)

easy integration with all major eCommerce platforms Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

2Checkout will withhold 5% of your transactions for 90 days, on a rolling basis. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Ideal for international merchants Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Business Development Manager
What do you like best?

Everything was set up for online business however it was one of the most difficult and stressful times for not being able to link the website to a payment gateway until i finally found 2checkout.

it is one of the most professional companies to work with. Their online chat support , educative blog and webinars and extremely valuable and i wouldn't hesitate to recommend their services anywhere. You are great and i love you guys! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish they have a program to promote companies dealing with them on all levels. something like advertising or SEO. i wish the minimum transfer would be less than 300 USD. (just saying!) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

you will be surprised how far they will go for you ! highly recommended. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

with the online chat system , all sorts of technical issues is solved on spot and i LOVE the professionalism of the team members. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Customer Success Manager
What do you like best?

No matter i want to sell products, services and even subscriptions. 2checkout is always helpful and provide great platform to receive payments internationally. The support staff of 2checkout is always helpful and provide you best solution as well. My clients are always happy to pay me through 2checkout as they also feel secure with peace of mind. 2checkout help me to receive payments by credit/debit cards as well with paypal. I just can say i am highly satisfied with this awesome service. Another powerful thing about 2checkout is their API documentation which makes it really easy to sell through your website securely. Its easy to generate payment links and send invoices to clients. As well integrate 2checkout platform on website to run an e-commerce website. Payment clearance takes couple of hours once its in your account you can receive within a week. Thanks 2checkout for awesome service keep it up! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

They hold part of my money for 90 days, which isn't good but they pay every week on Thursday which is good thing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

2checkout is always helpful and straight forward. Their policy is transparent and clear they help you grow your business really well. 2Checkout works with famous platforms like shopify, WooCommerce as well. Also you can integrate it into your own script/CRM. Good luck. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Selling products, Selling services and also selling subscriptions. They have great platform to renew the subscriptions. I think 2checkout have all solutions a business can need. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Principal Officer
What do you like best?

It accepts all the available credit cards and PayPal. Thus a company will not lose a customer. One more thing is no hidden charge. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It takes approximately 7 days to get approved and received payments. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

2Checkout is the best way to receive payment from any type of credit card that customers use. There is no hidden charge associated with the service. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

All customers do not have identical credit cards. Receiving payment from customers became difficult because of the variety of payment options. All the difficulty solved with the help of 2Checkout. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

2checkout has allowed my business to grow internationally, by making it possible for my clients to pay for my services from anywhere in the world. It also gives me security in each payment, it gives me confidence and I dedicate myself to what my business is, I do not worry about keeping number of cards and all that that entails.

And all of the above at minimum cost. Relatively satisfied with 2checkout Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I really don't see much to improve, maybe a little faster response when using email support Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It has allowed me security, both for myself and my clients when paying.

It allows me to worry about credit card matters and sensitive data of my clients.

I am sure that all transactions are reviewed anti-fraud, that gives great peace of mind when processing orders from my customers Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CEO - MZ Creative Studio
What do you like best?

The best feature of using 2Checkout as our trusted payment processor is that our customers can pay in their local currency with multiple payment options. The backend interface provides detailed reporting with graphs about transactions. Their support team is professional and always willing to help. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

All perfect for now! We have no complains. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would encourage everyone to give 2Checkout a try. You will find their tools very useful. It will provide you a facility to accept payments worldwide from any customer anywhere in the world. We are very happy with the services of 2Checkout and highly recommend it to you! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

When we have started our online business, we were struggling to receive payments worldwide. After integrating with 2Checkout, our sales boosted up to 90%. Using excellent reporting tools provided in the 2Checkout Cpanel, we know where our business stands today, what improvements we can make to increase our revenue and catch more customers from specific area.

We can add specific products or subscriptions for any customer or a client. We just need to send them a link to checkout and its done in minutes! No long signup process or waiting for a payment method to load. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Rami Talalweh
What do you like best?

As long as your account is active (if you are lucky), you can enjoy their services. The nightmare begins when you face a trouble and requires support. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

They do not provide any customer support especially for merchants. Due to some policy conflicts our merchant account got locked by 2co team. As per the T&C, we were requested to wait for a period of 6 months and they withheld all the pending funds in our account.

After the waiting period, we contacted the 2co support team to initiate the fund transfer which had been pending on hold for more than 6 months. The support team confirmed and assured that the fund transfer request had been initiated and that all the funds would be credited to our bank account by the end of the month. That was the last response we received from them in our support ticket.

At the end of the month, after we received no funds in our account, we contacted the support team again to follow up on our request. THEY IGNORED ALL OUR MESSAGES AFTER THAT (emails, calls, even messages in support ticket). If there was a delay due to some technical error, the least thing a customer could expect is a prior notice or at least a response back from the team after numerous attempts of contact.

The act of utter negligence towards their customers is totally unprofessional. We even tried to contact them through another support ticket using a second account of our team member and provided the original support ticket as a reference. The only response we received from them was that they escalated the situation to the concerned department. After that their "concerned department" took no concern whatsoever to resolve our issue or even bothered to respond back.

Finally, we ended up losing all our money and wasted all our time (6 months on hold period + 2 months on customer support) in sheer frustration while waiting for their team to respond. TOTALLY NOT WORTH IT.

Reference Ticket Numbers:

1) Original ticket #3753812

2) Follow up ticket #3848137 Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do not ever make the mistake to entirely depend upon their services. If you start facing any technical issue, they will not provide any support; if your account gets locked, they will not provide you any support; if you request for a refund, they will ignore you for the rest of eternity. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The only benefit 2co offers is that they support PayPal transactions directly on their platform. Apart from this, they are nowhere close to their competitors. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Roxana Gaina of 2Checkout

Hello, Rami! Thanks for your honest feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to review our platform and services, and we apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced.

Kindly note that according to our company policy, after the account is closed, the remaining funds are released after 180 days in order to cover any potential refunds or chargebacks opened by the customers afterward. If the necessary payout documents were not provided in this timeframe, this could have lead to a delay in the final payout.

We have verified your request and can confirm that our Financial team had the funds transferred to your account on October 25th, 2019.

We recommend to always contact our financial team at pay@2checkout.com if you have any financial inquiries or if the funds did not reach your Payoneer account. We do not have a phone line for the Merchant Support or Financial department.

Thank you for your understanding and let us know if we could assist you further!

AR
What do you like best?

There is nothing to like about 2Checkout, that competitors wouldn't have Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Lack of customer support - No phone number available - Awful customer service - Horrific platform - Sloppy 2 Factor Authentification Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

2 Checkout is supposed to facilitate online payment through my platform, but it is in fact responsible for all the bottlenecks in my company development Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Project Manager
What do you like best?

2 checkout can accept payment from almost every part of the world, Good payout system, best and trained customer support. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Everything is good, but I would like to give one suggestion if they can implement manual credit card processing, Everything is perfect, marketing, website API integration, everything is perfect. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Talk to staff if you are having a hard time using functions, Their staff if fully trained and professional Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I can accept payment from all over the world, I can do business globally, best solution Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

There are many perks and privileges to working with 2Co, but i think the best perks are platform stability, the fact that it is very user friendly and intuitive, great support and ease of communication! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I am not sure that there is something I dislike now, because complaint was taken care of and fixed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

One can manage products and promotions with ease, sales reports are very detailed and if there was anything i did not manage to do on my own, live support was there to save the day! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.