Wild Apricot Reviews & Product Details

Wild Apricot Overview

What is Wild Apricot?

Wild Apricot helps thousands of organizations spend less time on administrative tasks, like processing payments and updating Excel files, and more time on growing their membership. Its designed for volunteer run and small staff organizations with a user-friendly back end so that you don't have to be a technical genius to take your organization to the next level. In addition, you'll have access to a community of peers and experts that share knowledge and best practices. We've got your back!

Wild Apricot Details

Wild Apricot is online membership software for small associations, non-profits, clubs, and subscription websites, with features including Membership Management, Website Software, Event Registration, and Online Fundraising.

Wild Apricot
2001
Toronto, Canada
@WildApricot
Description

Wild Apricot Videos

Wild Apricot Reviews

Showing 22 Wild Apricot reviews
Already have Wild Apricot?
What do you like best?

We manage a variety of non-profit trade associations from a variety of occupations that almost always keep everyone...staff and volunteers engaged. It's a fast-paced way to make a living with rarely a dull moment.

Wild Apricot is good about updating the platform on a regular and consistent basis. They are careful not to make major changes without making sure the platform has been tested and adequate time is allowed to introduce new admin updates before it is understood by the staff impacted by the new process. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is always something to gripe about...just because we can! Seriously, little things, like not exporting to the latest excel format makes me grumpy. Having to delete the prior contact name (or part of the name) before beginning to search for the next potential contact for an email that is almost ready to send.

At the end of the day, we have very few things that we truly dislike; we've been with Wild Apricot through six different associations over the years and one went on to another platform under different management. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have benefitted from our association with Affinipay and have had no noticeable loss or complaints by not offering PayPal. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Author of The Last Apostle
What do you like best?

Wild Apricot integrates many of the key membership management functions such as applications, renewals, events, and a website in one platform. Does not require a developer to maintain the site. Can be done by a tech savvy person or team.

In eight years of using have never run into security or hacking issues--unlike other hosts I've used. They're continually improving and upgrading their features and usability. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Formatting pages and text can be a little klugy. A minor issue compared to the benefits. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use the trail period and do multiple uploads. Work with the tech support people to figure out things that stump you. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Eight years ago I did an evaluation of membership management systems to handle my local writer's association and chose Wild Apricot. This year did a similar evaluation for an Air Force alumni group comparing many other, newer, systems. But WA won the evaluation again. Their support during implementation was excellent. Where a new member used to take half an hour they take five minutes. Renewals take zero minutes typically. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Open Discussions in Wild Apricot
What do you like best?

I have used and setup over 21 Wild Apricot accounts for various membership organizations. I also use it daily myself for my own small business. It offers a very nice website (nice themes and flexible layout), excellent event management, contact and member management, and email newsletters all in one package that has always worked. The cost is reasonable when you consider all the features/management in one admin tool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is little I don't like about the service. The only improvement area would be additional/newer themes to choose from. Like any website editor, you can make it your own but up-to-date and new themes makes it really easy to keep your website looking fresh. Everything else in Wild Apricot works exactly as you would expect. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Easy management of contacts (prospects), members, events, and communication with them. The management of renewals is automated and it keeps everything to manage these organizations in a single admin tool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

member
What do you like best?

easiness in managing events, membership and pages Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

some limitations in the looks of the website, templates. , but I am not experienced with those. Will be great to be able to create a modern-looking homepage Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Making our purpose and aims visible to general audience without spending a fortune on the website Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Executive Director
What do you like best?

Ease to reach help, set up events and track successes Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Accounting with my quick books and some of the options invoice reminders Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Call the Apricots. They are awesome. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Great way to track events and people. Really no problems after initial use and getting familiar with the site Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AN
What do you like best?

Once you learn the ins and outs of Wild Apricot, there is a lot that you can do. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It is not super intuitive. Some features that work on the website creator do not translate to their email editor, fonts don't always save, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We manage our membership emails and website through Wild Apricot. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AL
What do you like best?

It is pretty easy to navigate. It tracks our data well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

People constantly create a duplicate record with a second email address. It takes a lot of time to keep the database records clean. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are able to send emails with a standard template, track open rates, and target our emails. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AN
What do you like best?

Ease of use for tech averse people, modern look and feel and prompt, courteous tech support! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see how to flag "suspended" memberships Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Adding online sales, increased events, email communication with members and contacts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I find the post email send data clear and comprehensive Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is some kind of bug with formatting emails, where it acts on its own, and even in the code I can't change it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

eblast sending, and event registration management. In comparison to another marketing email program, we appreciate the ability to send targeted emails easily to those who attended an event-- without having to manually create a list one email at a time, and have that list permanently living in our system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Virtual Assistant
Internet
What do you like best?

Membership and event management. We are able to capture pretty much any information we would like to upon registration of members or events. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Limited functionality on the "store" feature. Currently there is not a way to charge one price for shipping but it is in the works. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Wild Apricot is constantly working to improve functionality and add features. They have an extensive knowledge base and tutorials, and their support has been amazing. They are quick to respond and I have never had an issue they couldn't help me with. Their website builder is easy to use and has several templates to choose from that allow you to add your own customization. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have been able to keep track of member renewals and set up automatic payments so that we do not have to invoice every year. We are also able to easily send email communications to our members and contacts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AN
What do you like best?

I like the automation of emails. All memberships are renewed automatically and the events are all automated too. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

a little tricky to use initially and to setup. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Membership management and event management for clubs. Centralises everything for us. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AN
What do you like best?

I like the Wild Apricot Member Tribe FB Page for support.

The "help" section is extensive and they send out helpful emails with tips and tricks every week. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Event Management is poor and the forms have limited customizable options.

Reporting is inconsistent...the same fields are not always displayed in the same order which makes comparing sheets difficult.

Many workarounds are needed to complete our tasks.

Customer service is friendly but, the company is pushing self-service for "help." It's understandable to keep pricing down, but it is cumbersome to learn. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Wild Apricot is always updating and expanding offerings. A new event RSVP tool was added recently that I am excited to look into. A new member app has been launched too. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Wild Apricot is an excellent database tool to house our membership. There are many pieces that are automated that eliminate hours of manual administrative office work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Executive Director
Non-Profit Organization Management
What do you like best?

I like the price - it's the most affordable association management system we've found. It works pretty well for event registration, too. It has saved me time, and made it easier to track and manage our members. I like to use it for our monthly webinar registration. Much easier than Eventbrite, which we had previously used. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It isn't very user friendly. I haven't been able to get it to work for automating our membership renewals. It also doesn't have all of the functions that I'd like. I don't always get customer service responses in a reasonable time, and not all of my issues have been resolved. I don't believe they offer the least expensive option that we use anymore, either. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You might look into other options such as Member365 instead. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm managing my association with more ease - it saves me time and reduces the number of apps that I use to track our members. It works a lot better than Eventbrite for one person who is registering multiple people for an event like our annual conference. We were also able to use it to register for event add-ons like workshops, meals, etc. It easily generates lists of event attendees, which I can export and easily use for creating conference name badges. Overall, it has reduced my workload, which is what we we looking for when we decided to start using it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Business Functional Analyst, Salesforce
What do you like best?

It's easy and all-in-one. I use this with a completely volunteer run organization that I'm a part of outside of my day job, and by using something like Wild Apricot we can mitigate the need for a half dozen separate systems that probably don't talk to each other easily, and do it all under one umbrella. We're a very small group and we don't need our IT needs occupying our time that's better spent elsewhere. Wild Apricot simply takes care of everything we need for our website, membership, events, online store, and much more. It's all in one place, it's relatively affordable, and it just eliminates the hassle for us. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Although it does a lot, it does it all "well" but not "amazing". It's UI and features are miles behind other cheap or even free/open source alternatives. It's a bit of a clunky and dated interface, and even things like the blog capabilities of it don't come anywhere near what other blogging platforms, even simple ones, have to offer. They recently raised the price on the platform, but in my opinion they need to look at what competitors in each space are doing and make those areas of their platform better represent what the market is doing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great platform for time and/or resource strapped organizations, but with a little patience or willingness to have separate platforms, you can get stronger individual platforms in each area (at the expense of more time needed to manage each, and/or more cash needed for separate subscriptions). Hopefully they strengthen up in the weak areas sooner rather than later. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are solving the need to have our website, membership database, mailing list, online store, event registration, and blog EASILY taken care of in a very small not for profit that simply doesn't have the time or resources for managing many different IT systems if we tried to do each of those with separate systems. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UL
What do you like best?

The emails look beautiful and professional and are easy to create and send. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

They issue a domain name and format that may not match your already established website. So you either redo your site's format, embrace the awkward change from one site to the other, or simply build your site through them in the first place. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try out the trial plan and expand from there. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It is a great platform to build and maintain a large email list with lots of options. You can organize your contacts in multiple ways. They also offer hosting, meaning Wild Apricot can replace several different services all at once. I would recommend testing them out early on in your site building process, rather than switching to them once you are established elsewhere. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UN
What do you like best?

This website provides an all-one page to effectively manage non-profits. I use it to register people for events; it keeps track of current and past events, along with donations and whether or not a person has paid. It's easy to export information from as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

This can be hard to use in that sometimes you have to click back a few times just to get to the page you were on. Going into someone's membership page creates a strange loop that makes it hard to navigate back to an event page. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I highly recommend! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We were searching for a way to track event particiation and donations, and Wild Apricot provided that. Each person has a "membership" where I can see their past registration and payment history. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Industrial Organizational Psychology Graduate Assistant
Professional Training & Coaching
What do you like best?

Liked the membership management feature, especially the ability to bill. It is helpful that the ability to create a website comes with the user management capabilities. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It's not very user friendly, there are features that require html knowledge. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is helpful for managing users. The web interface is kind of behind, but they are continually adding features. Those features just are behind the industry speed. They do listen to their customers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Having the user management and website all in one place. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AR
What do you like best?

I like that the platform is simple - it is easy to understand and not overcomplicated. The average Joe could come into this platform and get set up fairly quickly and easily. Customer service within Wild Apricot rocks too! 🙂 Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I know that us marketing folks use pre-recorded webinars over and over to save us time, effort, and energy... But a live person that comes on at the end should be able to cut off the webinar recording so that they can be heard and questions can be easily answered without background distraction. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

QuickBooks online doesn't integrate with this platform (though in not sure it integrates with any, really) so be prepared for that.... May be worth it to switch to QuickBooks desktop. 🙂 Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Membership database simplification! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

RF Design Verification and Test Engineer
Wireless
What do you like best?

Membership management makes easy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Interface can be improved and made more flexible Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a try atleast Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Database management and exporting is easy and fast Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AH
What do you like best?

Good to keep up with memberships and post events Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

How long it takes for support and customer support to get back to you. Unable to make the site secure (https). Unable to replicate pages with ease - must create a template which is clunky and hard to do. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need to take care of memberships and events within the membership, very good platform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Finance Director
Venture Capital & Private Equity
What do you like best?

I really liked the ability manage our multi-tier membership model with auto-renew features such as email reminders and reoccurring payment set-ups, and event registration / attendance tracking. It was easy to set-up events and programs for members to sign-up for and pre-pay online by connection our PayPal account to Wild Apricot. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The design side of the events pages was not as refined as some of the other event scheduling specific web offerings. This was not a big issue for us as we were able to link our events scheduled on Wild Apricot to the event platform of our choice on the back-end for registration and payment. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We no longer use the platform as our business model has changed, but while using Wild Apricot, we used the platform to bring a community of entrepreneurs and supporting cast together for pitch competitions, classes, and advisor connections. With a small team, this made managing hundreds of member participants easy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Client Retention Manager
Real Estate
What do you like best?

Wild Apricot is great for small businesses and creating and managing a small CRM/CMS. The ability to build a community atmosphere, register for events and also manage back-end operational tasks like accounts receivable and billing at a economical price is a plus. The ability to automate tasks such as emails is very simple compared to more robust CRMs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Wild Apricot is not user friendly, it is hard to see the UI from the administrator login. The ability to toggle between user and admin view would be helpful. The name itself seems to put clients off when automated emails are sent out. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend taking advantage of the free trial prior to purchasing to ensure it suits your business needs. It is a very basic CRM and may not have the analytics of other products. If you are looking for a system that will scale with you, this may be the one for you. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

My organization needed a customer management system that could handle reoccurring billing for annual, quarterly memberships at different price points. Wild Apricot makes it easy to see at a glance how many members you have in various stages at just a glance. You can set-up newsletters, events, campaigns at various intervals with just a few clicks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Do you work for Wild Apricot?