WealthEngine Reviews & Product Details

WealthEngine Overview

What is WealthEngine?

WealthEngine™, Inc. is the leading provider of predictive marketing analytics, audience development and wealth intelligence services to nonprofit organizations, financial services, and luxury brands. Approximately four thousand clients use WealthEngine's products and solutions for comprehensive consumer insights. Headquartered in Bethesda, MD, WealthEngine serves both the United States and the United Kingdom. Get insights on your existing prospects and customers using our platform and target new prospects based on wealth scores and lifestyle attributes using WE Prospect.

WealthEngine Details

Find prospects with the propensity to spend and the affinity to engage, then influence and retain them in unique and personal ways.

Wealth matters. We don't just give our customers data, we provide insights that drive decisions for leading nonprofits and retailers.

WealthEngine

Showing 64 WealthEngine reviews
Already have WealthEngine?
Senior Mission Advancement Officer
Senior Associate
What do you like best?

My experience with Wealth Engine is all positive. In fact, I wouldn't manage a comprehensive development/fundraising program without it. And it seems to be getting bigger and smarter all the time. I used to screen and qualify major donor prospects using WE, but I find my team using it to screen more and more visitors (from ticket buyers to other constituents) and we find a lot more capacity than we knew existed from the folks who use our services. I like that its approachable interface. I am not a skilled database person, but I use WE almost daily. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I like that the robust features are straightforward in an accessible interface. It hasn't always been that way for me, someone who is not particularly tech-savvy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I think utilizing WealthEngine or a service like it is an essential function, a component not only of major giving but of any comprehensive development program. I like its integration capacity, but mostly I find it to be of exceptionally high quality in terms of having the most useful, up-to-date information and for its ease of use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Integrating it into our development database, which we're holding off until we switch over to Salesforce. We use it as a standalone and have found a number of single ticket buyers with considerable capacity that now utilize our donor's lounge and other services. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

My least sophisticated clients can use with little to no training. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing comes to mind. Each of the projects I've executed went well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Screening for feasibility studies and ask setting for mass appeals. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

President
Fund-Raising
What do you like best?

The data is comprehensive and when it is correlated correctly it provides a clear picture of a person's net worth and philanthropic priorities. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Bits of information are not correlated very well with their current relevance in a person's life. But that's a minor problem, which can be taken into account. Occasionally it is difficult to determine a person's marital status or tell the difference between their residential and commercial properties. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take time in studying everything in a person's profile. With time and persistence you will be able to get a full insight into the individual. Complement this with information from other sources, such as Guide Star or the Foundation Center. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am far better able to determine a person's inclination to give to my charity and their capacity than is possible with any other resource that I know. When I couple the WE profile with foundation and corporate connections to a person I am able to get a complete and clear picture of who they are. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Executive Director
What do you like best?

As a new user, their training video and calls were able to get me up to speed. I did have an issue with an interface with my Arreva CSM. It was Arreva's issue, and I had to re-run a list of the size that put me over my purchased number of searches. The WE team were quick to respond and fix the issue to my satisfaction. It took Arreva support 30 days and it took WE less than 1. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

So far in my 14 months of using Wealth Engine, I have not found anything that I dislike. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have been able to segment my data into powerful groups. If I need to send something to people over 70, done. If I want to search for families that had a baby in a specific time frame, done. Both prospecting and donor relationship are better Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Development Advisor
What do you like best?

I've been using it for at least 4 years now and this new version is easier to use. I see more accuracy in the Charity category and can determine if that donor has given to all these non-profits or not. I really like searching by Address so I can see (all) the profiles of people who either live or have lived there. If there is a relationship, I can know more about my donor from this quick and easy software serch Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I do not use any other portion of the software so as I research donors on the site, I find nothing I dislike Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The benefits of understanding and knowing who gives to our charity before I even call upon them to build a relationship gives me a peace of mind and confidence to ask the proper questions and engage them in conversations that can verify the information Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like RealQuest Property Search, it has good information and is helpful when researching a prospect that has a lot of real estate information to look into. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Inability to customize, inability to add business asset information that you find through researching into the rating, not good for an area that has a large amount of private companies and entrepreneurs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you live in an area that has a large amount of public companies and stock wealth then it would probably work fine, however, in an area with a large amount of private company/entrepreneur wealth it misses the mark a majority of the time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Honestly the only part that I like is the RealQuest Property Search, and even it isn't the best out there. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UF
What do you like best?

I love the design and format of Wealth Engine, it is really user friendly. More Specifically the search results window, and the person profile. I like how the search results window provides a lot of information before you click on a person. It makes it easier to determine if that the person your looking for. I love how the personal profile has detailed information, a lot of it thats hard to find on your own. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Although I love wealth engine and all that its intended to do. But what I don't like is how the previous address can only be found on the search results page and not the person profile. I also find that the website can be extremely slow. It could also be my computer so im not sure. Lastly, I find a lot of the information to be inaccurate. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Double check info. Sometime a c-level exec may not still be at the current company listed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Emails...the email feature has been extremely helpful when listed. Its nice to be able to follow up with a contact via email after sending them a package through mail. Another thing that is nice is to see where some C-executives have worked before, and sometimes also get the email that way or be able to confirm and email that I may already have. Overall WealthEngine has most certainly helped our business development efforts in more ways than imagined. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Donor Services Coordinator
What do you like best?

I was having trouble with uploading my screening and the help center/support was so responsive and helpful! The website is also very accessible! I have not used it much but I believe once we start fundraising more it will help us see where we can improved. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike some of the clarity but that was also because I am new to using Wealth Engine. There really is not much that I dislike about the program/database/website so far. Everything has been very useful to me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

As a school, we use it for wealth screening and seeing if we have potential donors of appropriate background. This helps us with admissions and fundraising greatly! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UE
What do you like best?

I like the fact that everything is very organized and easy to find. Looking things up is pretty easy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There's not much I don't like...sometimes there is no philanthropy, but I have found that 99.9% of the time, if WealthEngine doesn't have any charity listed, it's because there is none out there to be found. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I have been using WE for over a decade and I've always found it to be a great help. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I primarily do prospect research. It helps us determine where interests in giving (or helping!) lie, what real estate is worth, what family connections might be. The site just gives us a better idea who to pursue and who does not have any interest. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Data Analyst
What do you like best?

I enjoy using the product because we can get insights on our constituents related to income and see what type of efforts they might already be involved in other areas. The P2G score is probably the most useful part of WE because it's possible to get a quick read on a person with a glance and then prospect further instead of wasting time on a less qualified individual. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it is hard to pinpoint a person because of the common names. Most of the time addresses are sufficient, but sometimes you don't know that information if you just pick up a contact from somewhere random. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

At the least give them a try. They didn't push us to make a decision as we were in the middle of a big project for well over 6 months. There sales staff was courteous, but also persistent and we received what we asked for which meets our current needs very well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We will receive lists of prospects from our CEO or some other source and then we want to see if the person has the capacity to give significantly to us. We also use the birthdays that we receive from Wealth Engine to segment our constituents for different appeals. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Development Coordinator
What do you like best?

How quick and easy it is to learn a donor or potential donor's giving capacity, as well as to verify their address when mail is returned to us. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The detail pages are cluttered and seem to include non-useful info. You often have to spend extra time combing through all the details to find key info--business owned, job titles, other home addresses, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great tool to get a quick snapshot of a current or potential donor's giving capacity. Makes building a look-book reference guide for a development staff at a non-profit a breeze. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Helps us flag high-capacity prospects attending shows at our theatre with a simple search. Has also helped us find a new address when a patron moves but hasn't let us know yet. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director of Development
What do you like best?

In a smaller development office sometimes there is not a full-time researcher. WealthEngine gives everyone the ability especially Major Gift Officers to do their own research in a very timely manner. Especially if we have visits scheduled and need a quick but thorough and accurate rating, WealthEngine lets me know what is appropriate to ask for and also gives me affiliations they may have in the community. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't feel like there is anything to dislike about WealthEngine. It has helped throughout my career to make accurate requests of prospects/donors. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The benefits to having WealthEngine is to be able to research in real time a prospect/donor. WealthEngine is very thorough in the public information that is accessed and provides more information than other applications I have used. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director of Development Strategies and Prospect Development
What do you like best?

I like how WealthEngine evaluates our prospects in a variety of useful ways: Real Estate Value, Estimated Income, Donations to non-profits, Estimated Net Worth, etc. This helps us quickly identify our top prospects. The data is pretty accurate, but like any research, you will want to do some of your own verification of the data. WealthEngine gives us a GREAT starting point in evaluating donors. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Because WealthEngine scans a variety of databases to gather it's information, some of the information retrieved is actually for a different person with the same name. I wish it was easy to remove incorrect data out of a prospect's profile. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I use WealthEngine as my primary tool, but i use other sources as well. If you want to get the best profile/research possible, using multiple tools is the best option. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

With 40,000 alumni in our database, we need a solution to quickly and easily identify those that have the most capacity to make an impact at our institution. WealthEngine has done that for us. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

WealthEngine is very user-friendly. I am an Associate Director in Prospect Research and we use this tool very frequently-- specifically, when creating research profiles. We love that the information we receive from WealthEngine is accurate-- especially in the Charitable Donations section. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There's honestly not much I dislike other than wishing the estimated giving capacity could be a little bit more specific rather than a broader range-- example: someone's giving capacity may be $1M- $5M (which is a large range at that level). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We always use WealthEngine when we create profiles. As mentioned above, we really love the charitable giving information we are able to pull for our prospects. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Coordinator of Donor Services
Commercial Real Estate
What do you like best?

I like how quickly I can receive results from information I input. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The process wasn't so clear at first so I didn't like that but I called their help line and they figured out my problem right away. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you have a problem, call them and they are very attentive! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am looking at the financial stability of people and how it factors into our work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director of Development
What do you like best?

I particularly like the ease of individual search and the ability to find people who might be second degree connections of our nonprofit's constituents. The breakdown of a person's family foundations, Guidestar affiliations, and real estate have been especially helpful to me. I'm especially a fan of using nonprofit and organization search. Often there is a company that would be beneficial to have a connection with, but I don't know where to start or who to contact. Using Wealth Engine's organization search has saved me a lot of man-hours searching for the appropriate contact and their information. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much to dislike about Wealth Engine, I've used it at three non-profits now, and I can say that the User Interface is seamless and easy to use. The chief functionality issue I have is with using the back button; sometimes, I imagine for whatever java is running in the background, the back button simply reloads the current page, and I have to use the navigation bars at the top of the screen. It's nothing too annoying, but it was something I had to learn about using the interface. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take into consideration the price vs how often you use the product. As with all tools, WealthEngine is more powerful if you use it more often. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use Wealth Engine to find prospects near our nonprofit. This includes, for us, finding people who have similar affinities to our nonprofit and who have the capacity to either make substantial gifts or who would benefit from learning more about our presence. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Associate Director Of Development
Performing Arts
What do you like best?

It’s been really helpful when we’re looking to identify new donors, plan for fundraising campaigns, and determine appropriate ask amounts for our donors Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish more of the features were included in the base price Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our prospect pipelines are stronger than they were without it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Partner / Campaign Manager
What do you like best?

Ease of navigation on the site and the information acquired. The propensity to give score is a good overall starting point. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Have had some problems uploading files for analysis. May have more to do with the data prep than Wealth Engine. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Qualifying nonprofit investor prospects. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Donor Relationship Manager
What do you like best?

That all wealth information is compiled in an easy to read format. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I honestly have no complaints. If there was a better way to vet common last names, that would be helpful though. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's incredibly user-friendly and their customer support team puts on a great training webinar so you're fully ready to implement all the capabilities within WealthEngine on your team. The information compiled on WE is generally accurate and is a great asset to any nonprofit or business looking to increase customer knowledge. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It's early on in using Wealth Engine at Students For Liberty but it's already helped us qualify prospective donors for larger asks as well as see donors who were scoring higher than their capacity is on other wealth assessment tools. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UF
What do you like best?

I like being able to make the connections between spouses, siblings, and parents. Those are frequently elusive relationships/connections if you're relying on any other search tool. Wealth Engine is literally the only company that culls information from so many sources. What historically took me hours, I can now identify in minutes Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only downside is a back-handed compliment. People rely on Wealth Engine so much that they're surprised when I can't find something. Everyone says "just look up their WE record'. While that is usually all it takes, there are people with extremely private profiles. They use LLCs to buy property and are too old to have an internet presence. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a worthwhile investment for anyone trying to raise money whether in Development or for a company, new technology, or a product. There is literally no substitute for this information. Before Wealth Engine was available, this type of research would take days and frequently be wrong. That is never the case with Wealth Engine. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

There are people who have Donor Advised Funds which make it impossible for me to know their interests or giving capacity. In Wealth Engine, I'm able to look at political donations, donations to their alma mater, synagogue, or other institution. I use that information to develop a profile of this person. I have been able to identify new donors as a direct result. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Prospect Management and Research Coordinator
What do you like best?

Wealth Engine provides easy to understand metrics and scores, it has an ease of use unmatched by its competitors, and the Salesforce integration is seamless and an incredible time saver. Additionally, there always seems to be a webinar for training or growing in the skill of searching for the right things to find the right people. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes manually searching for someone presents an endless waiting period and loading screen. When we do a mass upload for wealth scores we still get charged for the "50s" even though it doesn't provide us with any new data (although, admittedly, the problem with getting the "50s" lies on our end). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure to get it integrated into your current CRM solution before you roll it out. This has saved us a ton of time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We used to get new donors in and have to blindly target those who we thought might be the better prospects. Now with Wealth Engine, we're able to put data and numbers to the "targeting" process. Where we were shooting in the dark, now we're actually creating strategy and purpose behind each call, email, and visit. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Principal
What do you like best?

Easy to navigate site and ease of uploading using provided template. Good array of information. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Occasional glitch in uploading a file.Help team is quick to respond. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Opened relationships, set fundraising sites higher for nonprofit clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director of Prospect Management & Research
Research
What do you like best?

For me, the most useful area includes the wealth engine capability ratings, along with information on assets, income and net worth. the political giving section is also very nice to have included. The charitable donation records are improving, as well as the household profile information. Spouses are clearly identified in wealth engine, which is not always the case with other vendors. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The real estate section is often difficult to interpret, as it often includes many historical addresses that make it hard to determine current information. There is often overlap between those with similar names, as well, which will affect wealth ratings, so care must be taken. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

WealthEngine is improving with the addition of new databases and business information. I use it in combination with several other resources to garner a complete picture Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

wealth engine gives us a nice snapshot view of prospects and allows us to quickly prioritize prospects based on capacity Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Donor Systems Specialist
What do you like best?

Screening results were returned within minutes minimizing delays in our processes. Reports were clear and concise. Data was easily imported into our CRM software - Raiser's Edge from Blackbaud. WealthEngine staff are very knowledgeable and great to deal with. They were very helpful when I first started with my company and needed to have myself added as the administrator when the previous administrator was no longer here. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I cannot think of anything that I dislike about this product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

WealthEngine is helping us to better allocate resources to the donor relationships that will be of greatest benefit to our organization. It provides excellent data points to allow us to segment and target our audience in appeals and solicitations. Allows our gift officers to better prioritize their efforts. Importing the data from RE also gives us a much better picture of our donors. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Do you work for WealthEngine?

WealthEngine Categories on G2