WealthEngine Reviews & Product Details

What is WealthEngine?

WealthEngine™, Inc. is the leading provider of predictive marketing analytics, audience development and wealth intelligence services to nonprofit organizations, financial services, and luxury brands. Approximately four thousand clients use WealthEngine's products and solutions for comprehensive consumer insights. Headquartered in Bethesda, MD, WealthEngine serves both the United States and the United Kingdom. Get insights on your existing prospects and customers using our platform and target new prospects based on wealth scores and lifestyle attributes using WE Prospect.

WealthEngine Profile Details

WealthEngine Reviews

1-25 of 50 total WealthEngine reviews
Senior Development Advisor

"Senior Development Advisor"

What do you like best?

I've been using it for at least 4 years now and this new version is easier to use. I see more accuracy in the Charity category and can determine if that donor has given to all these non-profits or not. I really like searching by Address so I can see (all) the profiles of people who either live or have lived there. If there is a relationship, I can know more about my donor from this quick and easy software serch

What do you dislike?

I do not use any other portion of the software so as I research donors on the site, I find nothing I dislike

The benefits of understanding and knowing who gives to our charity before I even call upon them to build a relationship gives me a peace of mind and confidence to ask the proper questions and engage them in conversations that can verify the information

Data Analyst

"Wealth Engine "

What do you like best?

I enjoy using the product because we can get insights on our constituents related to income and see what type of efforts they might already be involved in other areas. The P2G score is probably the most useful part of WE because it's possible to get a quick read on a person with a glance and then prospect further instead of wasting time on a less qualified individual.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it is hard to pinpoint a person because of the common names. Most of the time addresses are sufficient, but sometimes you don't know that information if you just pick up a contact from somewhere random.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

At the least give them a try. They didn't push us to make a decision as we were in the middle of a big project for well over 6 months. There sales staff was courteous, but also persistent and we received what we asked for which meets our current needs very well.

We will receive lists of prospects from our CEO or some other source and then we want to see if the person has the capacity to give significantly to us. We also use the birthdays that we receive from Wealth Engine to segment our constituents for different appeals.

Director of Development Strategies and Prospect Development

"I have been using WealthEngine for many years and find it a very usefule tool."

What do you like best?

I like how WealthEngine evaluates our prospects in a variety of useful ways: Real Estate Value, Estimated Income, Donations to non-profits, Estimated Net Worth, etc. This helps us quickly identify our top prospects. The data is pretty accurate, but like any research, you will want to do some of your own verification of the data. WealthEngine gives us a GREAT starting point in evaluating donors.

What do you dislike?

Because WealthEngine scans a variety of databases to gather it's information, some of the information retrieved is actually for a different person with the same name. I wish it was easy to remove incorrect data out of a prospect's profile.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I use WealthEngine as my primary tool, but i use other sources as well. If you want to get the best profile/research possible, using multiple tools is the best option.

With 40,000 alumni in our database, we need a solution to quickly and easily identify those that have the most capacity to make an impact at our institution. WealthEngine has done that for us.

Director of Development

"Recommend WE for Nonprofit Development"

What do you like best?

I particularly like the ease of individual search and the ability to find people who might be second degree connections of our nonprofit's constituents. The breakdown of a person's family foundations, Guidestar affiliations, and real estate have been especially helpful to me. I'm especially a fan of using nonprofit and organization search. Often there is a company that would be beneficial to have a connection with, but I don't know where to start or who to contact. Using Wealth Engine's organization search has saved me a lot of man-hours searching for the appropriate contact and their information.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much to dislike about Wealth Engine, I've used it at three non-profits now, and I can say that the User Interface is seamless and easy to use. The chief functionality issue I have is with using the back button; sometimes, I imagine for whatever java is running in the background, the back button simply reloads the current page, and I have to use the navigation bars at the top of the screen. It's nothing too annoying, but it was something I had to learn about using the interface.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take into consideration the price vs how often you use the product. As with all tools, WealthEngine is more powerful if you use it more often.

We use Wealth Engine to find prospects near our nonprofit. This includes, for us, finding people who have similar affinities to our nonprofit and who have the capacity to either make substantial gifts or who would benefit from learning more about our presence.

Prospect Management and Research Coordinator

"Wealth Engine has revolutionized the way we fundraise"

What do you like best?

Wealth Engine provides easy to understand metrics and scores, it has an ease of use unmatched by its competitors, and the Salesforce integration is seamless and an incredible time saver. Additionally, there always seems to be a webinar for training or growing in the skill of searching for the right things to find the right people.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes manually searching for someone presents an endless waiting period and loading screen. When we do a mass upload for wealth scores we still get charged for the "50s" even though it doesn't provide us with any new data (although, admittedly, the problem with getting the "50s" lies on our end).

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure to get it integrated into your current CRM solution before you roll it out. This has saved us a ton of time.

We used to get new donors in and have to blindly target those who we thought might be the better prospects. Now with Wealth Engine, we're able to put data and numbers to the "targeting" process. Where we were shooting in the dark, now we're actually creating strategy and purpose behind each call, email, and visit.

Director of Prospect Management & Research
Research

"Good source for wealth information research"

What do you like best?

For me, the most useful area includes the wealth engine capability ratings, along with information on assets, income and net worth. the political giving section is also very nice to have included. The charitable donation records are improving, as well as the household profile information. Spouses are clearly identified in wealth engine, which is not always the case with other vendors.

What do you dislike?

The real estate section is often difficult to interpret, as it often includes many historical addresses that make it hard to determine current information. There is often overlap between those with similar names, as well, which will affect wealth ratings, so care must be taken.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

WealthEngine is improving with the addition of new databases and business information. I use it in combination with several other resources to garner a complete picture

wealth engine gives us a nice snapshot view of prospects and allows us to quickly prioritize prospects based on capacity

Development Coordinator

"Quickest Way to Learn Donor Giving Capacity"

What do you like best?

How quick and easy it is to learn a donor or potential donor's giving capacity, as well as to verify their address when mail is returned to us.

What do you dislike?

The detail pages are cluttered and seem to include non-useful info. You often have to spend extra time combing through all the details to find key info--business owned, job titles, other home addresses, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great tool to get a quick snapshot of a current or potential donor's giving capacity. Makes building a look-book reference guide for a development staff at a non-profit a breeze.

Helps us flag high-capacity prospects attending shows at our theatre with a simple search. Has also helped us find a new address when a patron moves but hasn't let us know yet.

Donor Relationship Manager

"Easy to Use, reliable information"

What do you like best?

That all wealth information is compiled in an easy to read format.

What do you dislike?

I honestly have no complaints. If there was a better way to vet common last names, that would be helpful though.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's incredibly user-friendly and their customer support team puts on a great training webinar so you're fully ready to implement all the capabilities within WealthEngine on your team. The information compiled on WE is generally accurate and is a great asset to any nonprofit or business looking to increase customer knowledge.

It's early on in using Wealth Engine at Students For Liberty but it's already helped us qualify prospective donors for larger asks as well as see donors who were scoring higher than their capacity is on other wealth assessment tools.

Donor Services Coordinator

"Wealth Engine Screening"

What do you like best?

I was having trouble with uploading my screening and the help center/support was so responsive and helpful! The website is also very accessible! I have not used it much but I believe once we start fundraising more it will help us see where we can improved.

What do you dislike?

I dislike some of the clarity but that was also because I am new to using Wealth Engine. There really is not much that I dislike about the program/database/website so far. Everything has been very useful to me.

As a school, we use it for wealth screening and seeing if we have potential donors of appropriate background. This helps us with admissions and fundraising greatly!

"I love Wealth Engine!"

What do you like best?

I like being able to make the connections between spouses, siblings, and parents. Those are frequently elusive relationships/connections if you're relying on any other search tool. Wealth Engine is literally the only company that culls information from so many sources. What historically took me hours, I can now identify in minutes

What do you dislike?

The only downside is a back-handed compliment. People rely on Wealth Engine so much that they're surprised when I can't find something. Everyone says "just look up their WE record'. While that is usually all it takes, there are people with extremely private profiles. They use LLCs to buy property and are too old to have an internet presence.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a worthwhile investment for anyone trying to raise money whether in Development or for a company, new technology, or a product. There is literally no substitute for this information. Before Wealth Engine was available, this type of research would take days and frequently be wrong. That is never the case with Wealth Engine.

There are people who have Donor Advised Funds which make it impossible for me to know their interests or giving capacity. In Wealth Engine, I'm able to look at political donations, donations to their alma mater, synagogue, or other institution. I use that information to develop a profile of this person. I have been able to identify new donors as a direct result.

Individual Giving Associate
Civic & Social Organization

"Wealth Engine works for Small Nonprofts"

What do you like best?

Beautiful interface, easy to use platform, and their customer service is great! We're using this software to ramp up our major gifts program in ways that would be very difficult to without it.

What do you dislike?

The price can be a little intimidating for a small organization. For us, it's worth it because we have a large enough donor base. I recommend that smaller organizations carefully assess their priorities before signing on.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take advantage of the training included in your package. It's important that you know and utilize the full potential of the software.

We're learning more about what motivates our donors to support our organization. We're also getting better at effectively budgeting our time on major donors.

"After three years, looking for an alternative"

What do you like best?

While it integrates with Salesforce, it is clunky and not "seamless" as described and touted. While price has been somewhat reasonable, we were just informed of a jump from @$3700/yr to $5,000/yr with no discernable improvements.

What do you dislike?

Donor giving histories are many years behind, and very incomplete. This is really important to me as wealth is important, but wealth doesn't matter if the prospect doesn't give. Their highest P2G (Propensity To Give) score supposedly measures wealth and history of major giving. However, I find that is often not true as donors will have the top score, but absolutely no giving history. System is very slow to load, especially if you drill down. Sometimes pages won't load at all. Salesforce integration is spotty, and you can't bulk screen under current agreement. New agreement seems to allow this up to 8,000 records.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The market seems to be passing them by. This is a fast moving field, don't think they are keeping up.

Wealth Engine is better than no system, but only marginally helpful.

"Wealth Engine provides tools for success"

What do you like best?

Ease of use/navigation, cleanliness of interface, overall quality of data and information, ability to analyze and compare our data with that of the industry, responsiveness of staff and customer service!

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, in the records themselves, there is conflicting data - real estate values, or ages of household members, for example - and that information can be very confusing. In these situations, because the data comes from public records, it is hard to tell what is most accurate. We are also new to the platform, so some of this could be a learning curve.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You get what you pay for, and Wealth Engine is worth the price! If nothing else, the level of customer support is incredible.

Wealth Engine gives us an insight into our community and our constituents in a way that allows us to strategize most effectively for annual fundraising and special campaigns. The data we are able to get (and to trust) enables us to focus our efforts to achieve the greatest success.

Donor Systems Specialist
Fund-Raising
(5001-10,000 employees)

"WealthEngine is a Great Resource"

What do you like best?

Screening results were returned within minutes minimizing delays in our processes. Reports were clear and concise. Data was easily imported into our CRM software - Raiser's Edge from Blackbaud. WealthEngine staff are very knowledgeable and great to deal with. They were very helpful when I first started with my company and needed to have myself added as the administrator when the previous administrator was no longer here.

What do you dislike?

I cannot think of anything that I dislike about this product.

WealthEngine is helping us to better allocate resources to the donor relationships that will be of greatest benefit to our organization. It provides excellent data points to allow us to segment and target our audience in appeals and solicitations. Allows our gift officers to better prioritize their efforts. Importing the data from RE also gives us a much better picture of our donors.

C

"After reviewing the top providers, Wealth Engine is best."

What do you like best?

CoreLogic, included with WealthEngine, allows me to search for property values by property address, mailing address, and owner name (including corporate name). I can find properties by corporate name which can't be done with any other provider. Wealth Engine provides stock information along with a complete list of historic trades which is a great time saver.

What do you dislike?

The Household Profile information is often repeated a number of times. This information is not useful to me and bogs down the search with repetitive information.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is worth doing a trial with the top providers - once you do you will find that Wealth Engine is the best.

I research prospective donors. By using my research the client very often discovers wealth not realized before and is able to ask for a larger gift amount.

"An expansive resource providing company for non-profits"

What do you like best?

The customer service paired with easy to use/understand products have been by favorite aspect of working with Wealth Engine as our company has looked to improve our fundraising efforts.

What do you dislike?

The sheer volume of information available can be overwhelming at times.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Attempt to understand what you want out of Wealth Engine before investing. Wealth Engine is a tool, but if your company doesnt have the resources or time or ability to use the tool it won't help. I very much recommend doing a demo and seeing what ways they may be able to help.

Our company needs to target our resources more wisely and Wealth Engine helps narrow down the customers interested in what we do and who have the means to help support us.

UN

"Easy to use, beneficial to fundraising"

What do you like best?

I like the rating system (P2G scores). Having those ratings makes it very easy to decide if it is a person we should be personally reaching out to, if an email would be best, or if we should not waste time and resources on someone.

What do you dislike?

I try to ignore the additional info on a prospect such as past addresses and organizations because I find it a little more confusing and that info tends to not be correct. An example of info that I have found incorrect is when I looked up myself it says that I am married, but I have never been married.

It helps us to find people that we should be reaching out to for donations.

Assistant Director, Prospect Research and Development Services
Higher Education

"Great for Research Purposes"

What do you like best?

We use WealthEngine on a daily basis to estimate certain wealth attributes of alumni in our database. I like how easy it is to use and I also like that the information provided is straight-forward and easy to interpret.

What do you dislike?

There really isn't anything I dislike about WealthEngine. This is by far my favorite product I use for work. It is also the easiest. I feel confident that the information provided is accurate.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would definitely recommend this product to individuals working in Advancement. It is a great prospect research tool!

We use WealthEngine when creating profiles for our alumni. We can find information regarding their giving capacities, stock information, and charitable giving history.

AN

"Good reporting, but expensive/inflexible for a batch solution"

What do you like best?

Wealth Engine provides solid reporting that we have found to be generally accurate. When there's a match to find, WE has generally found it, and while the data isn't always perfect, it's a good indicator for where to start with fundraising and targeting mid and major level donors.

What do you dislike?

Batching data in and out of WE is frustratingly opaque, and the customer service leads something to be desired. Sales team also employs some rather shady 'used-car-dealer' negotiation styles - we were given the classic "we have this sale until friday at 4pm, it's the lowest ever, but you have to agree now, and we definitely can't offer the sale price next Monday which is when we are available to answer your questions about the product."

One final dislike - WE changed the way their data was reported a year or two ago, meaning there are now discrepancies between our data sets, which makes it hard to do comprehensive reporting for multiple years.

The largest benefit we've seen is an easy way to see help classify our donors into tiers - general, mid, major.

Prospect Research Assistant

"One of the most comprehensive prospect research tools"

What do you like best?

The way the information is gathered and presented is very helpful in my position.

What do you dislike?

There are times when I need to re-check the information I'm seeing in WE. There are times when the information is old or incorrect, although they are few and far between.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Useful tool, well-organized, very user-friendly.

I am able to quickly gather a pool of high-level prospects on whom I put into our pipeline. It is helpful having detailed stockholdings on insiders.

"Silence the noise and get FOCUSED on top prospects"

What do you like best?

Look, this product isn't going to spoonfeed you donors who are going to drop a 6-figure donation on you tomorrow. What it will do is help you silence the noise and get focused on your top prospects. It's not perfect, but it's a million times better than winging it.

What do you dislike?

The user experience and user interface leaves some to be desired, but it's workable. We use it almost primarily through Salesforce, which helps.

We have tens of thousands of prospects that need qualifying. WealthEngine instantly qualifies those prospects in a way that saves me literally hundreds of hours of work.

Corporate Relations Manager
Non-Profit Organization Management

"Wealth Engine for Non Profit"

What do you like best?

I have my reports set up to sync daily, so I know the exact time they will be there. It's helpful during a busy day.

What do you dislike?

I know I don't use this to the fullest, I need to spend some time learning more about the program.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Like I said, I don't know the ins and outs as well as I should, but it gets the job done.

I work for a hospital foundation, this helps us evaluate patients for outreach and prospecting.

Director of Development

"Review of WE"

What do you like best?

The ease of navigation and accuracy of information

What do you dislike?

Its price, I would like for it to be more affordable

From a benefit standpoint, WE allows us to effectively screen potential donors before we approach them to make an ask. This program lets us better target which people we approach for different initiatives and amounts.

Database Administrator
Philanthropy

"Best App on the market for comprehensive wealth information and salesforce integration. "

What do you like best?

First off I love the fact that Wealth Engine continues to innovate their product. Every year since we have had wealth Engine they have added some type of new service. The support and sales people are wonderful to talk with and very helpful. They are by far and wide the best ones doing what they do with their their integration with salesforce.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that is somewhat negative is the price. It is by far the most expensive app that we subscribe to on an annual basis. However, the information that we can gather and insight that we can gain into our donor base is well worth the price tag.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make this budget item in your annual budget, it is worth it.

Gain insight and knowledge on our donor bases wealth. The benefits are not only having this data directly in Salesforce but using it in meaningful and impact-full ways.

Donor Development Manager

"Helpful, easy to use, and reasonably priced"

What do you like best?

intense levels of information, detailed info and occasionally better contact information (such as address or email) than our records have. Their pricing has been reasonable compared to similar systems such as Donor Search.

What do you dislike?

default giving ability NOT realistic; we often divide that in half or less. Common names often have gifts listed for other people. These are mistakes I've seen on other websites as well.

It helps us see which of our donors should be more heavily targeted due to their giving ability.

WealthEngine User Ratings

8.3
Ease of Setup
Average: 7.9*
* Donor Prospect Research Category
Do you work for WealthEngine?

WealthEngine Categories on G2