Syncfusion Essential Studio Enterprise Edition

Syncfusion's Essential Studio Enterprise Edition is a suite of components and frameworks for developing web, mobile, and desktop applications.

Work for Syncfusion Essential Studio Enterprise Edition?

Learning about Syncfusion?

Syncfusion Essential Studio Enterprise Edition Reviews

Ask Syncfusion a Question
Showing 143 Syncfusion reviews
Syncfusion review by Ivan M.
Ivan M.
View Original

"Awesome controls, support is priceless"

What do you like best?

Controls are alive, always improving with continuous delivery. Direct support is fast and great, also they always help you with a sample of code or reference that try to prove their solution.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes you have to bump your head making something to work because documentation is not well updated ( there is a ton of documentation for each platform ) They need to find a way to quickly update documentation based on releases / or workarounds given for details tasks. Not an easy work though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I encourage to actively participate on forums to improve all the experiences and make the product more solid. They always have answered me 95% of times with the best solution or workaround. And always in less than 24 / 48 hours as much

Easy and well done controls in one place, with the same philosophy, makes you go forward faster than work with many third parts.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Syncfusion Essential Studio Enterprise Edition
Syncfusion review by Josh D.
Josh D.

"Awesome UI elements for any web/mobile or big data application "

What do you like best?

Syncfusion has all the ui components you would ever need to build any application. They integrate heavily with web, mobile, and desktop applications. Syncfusion has easy to read documentation which makes applying their style and ui components and configuring them a breeze. They have awesome support that even respond to you in code and help you work through any situation. I have used a lot of different products but since using Syncfusion I have now found a true love.

What do you dislike?

There isn't hardly anything to dislike but I guess the only thing I can say is I wish I had a fiddle, or code pen playground sometimes so I can code some behavior and test it out. Right now for web apps I usually keep a dummy app that I can just throw together really quick to test my behavior.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend this product

Simple UI that is familiar across all of our applications.

What Other Web Frameworks solution do you use?

Syncfusion review by Eric D. W.
Eric D. W.

"Full set of tools for development in .net"

What do you like best?

This tool is one of the most complete for the development in windows-based systems, such as.NET, .ASP, WPF, among others, the characteristics with which this application costs for development and testing in this type of elements, is great, the libraries that have this system, are the most extensive I've seen in an application of this type, now these libraries are kept updated, to always get the best of this system, has a very friendly interface with the developers, where you can perform all kinds of tasks much faster, than in other programming systems, in this way the development of different applications, whether web-based, or applications for desktop computers, becomes easier, taking in hand all the necessary tools to do a good job.

What do you dislike?

It can be complicated at the beginning, it is a system that has many tools, which is difficult to manage, each one of the components must be analyzed in order to create compatibility between all, the documentation of this system is very poor, and what is in the forums is minimal, which makes the learning curve difficult, it is a system that can take some time to fully integrate into your country, something that must be taken into account before accessing it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

In this system you will find a development environment, for mobile, desktop or web-based applications, especially for windows-based desktop applications, with all the necessary tools and libraries, to have a complete system, where you can perform the development of the application from the beginning to the end.

It is a system that allows you to integrate the entire set of application development in one place, with this application, we can create and develop everything in the same environment without the need to move to different applications that do not have the necessary tools to perform a process of full development, this allows us to create applications for all kinds of jobs, in the same place, minimize working time, give better prices to our clients, since we only use a system for all the work, which helps us save money In other web development applications, we can finally compete with large software development companies, giving similar prices to them, this gives us exponential economic growth over time.

Syncfusion review by Whit W.
Whit W.

"High quality library for desktop or web-based development"

What do you like best?

The support team is fantastic; they respond within a business day and typically do so with a sample project demonstrating exactly what you're inquiring about, rather than exclusively pointing to any documentation and leaving it at that. The features themselves are rich and lightweight and the documentation provides a solid starting point to using even the advanced features.

What do you dislike?

Unfortunately, despite fantastic feature support for Excel, Word and PowerPoint, the File Format library doesn't have support for either OneNote or any interaction with Outlook.

I originally found Syncfusion's suite useful when building out a program for which I needed a Gantt chart within a WPF program and found theirs sufficiently feature-rich at a reasonable price for my startup.

I had another project in which I used what was then their AngularJS tooling since it gave me a set of controls that looked good with minimal effort on my part to style anything. The breadth of chart and graphing controls along with those for forms and navigation meant that I could rely on learning and using a single framework instead of a hodgepodge of libraries from different vendors with different styles.

Most recently I've discovered the File Formats library which provides fast, easy functionality to create and edit Word, PowerPoint and Excel files without having to parse through the XML formatting myself. It's definitely proven to be a big time saver for any document generation need.

Syncfusion review by Gary D.
Gary D.

"Great control set - Terrible documentation"

What do you like best?

A wide variety of controls are included that cover almost every requirement in a modern web application.

What do you dislike?

The documentation is serverely lacking and is spread out over numerous locations. It can take an age to find the information needed (if you can find it at all). Far too many times I've had to trawl through the forums to get an understanding of how a feature/method/event is supposed to work, the expected values and structures of return parameters etc.

Quite often it is necessary to look at the documentation intended for other platforms/frameworks in order to get what you need (e.g. looking at examples in the MVC docs that explain something that isn't explained in the classic .Net or JS docs).

There is great online support however it should not be necessary to ask support for basic details that should be in the docs.

Rather than using a variety of controls from multiple different vendors in one project I can find pretty much anything that is required in the Syncfusion control set. Having learned the intracacies of one control I can pretty much apply this knowledge across the entire control set. That way I don't have to deal with learning multiple APIs from different vendors.

Syncfusion review by Brad V.
Brad V.

"Great Tools and Awesome Service"

What do you like best?

Their support team is really on the ball. They have excellent turn around times and are always able to help - even when they find a bug. Their document conversion tools are what we use most and they are really good and getting better all the time.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike but if I had to pick one thing it would be their document to image conversions are different for Azure vs Windows, vs ??. They have different tools that do the same thing and it can be confusing to know which to pick. However, it seems they MAY be moving to a more consolidated model for that based on what I have seen lately. I hope that is the case.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of their preview licenses and contact their support with issues to see how they respond.

We have been able to consolidate 3 development tool kits into one using their tools. This simplifies our training and make troubleshooting much easier as we only have one place to go for help.

Syncfusion review by Pawan J.
Pawan J.

"Syncfusion for Xamarin Forms"

What do you like best?

The controls really simplify Xamarin forms development. They have a control for almost every use case scenario and it keeps getting better with every release. The documentation and the sample app provided is VERY helpful. They are always willing to provide even custom sample code if we run into issue with a particular control.

What do you dislike?

It is sometime a little frustrating that it take a 24 hour cycle to get a response for an issue. However, every single time I had an issue, the support team has been very helpful and made sure the issue was resolved. They have even done online meetings couple times when the resolution was really getting delayed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product. Value for money

Accelerate development of Mobile Apps on Xamarin Forms. Syncfusion has really helped us save a lot of development time that helps us focus on the business use case.

Syncfusion review by Stefano G.
Stefano G.

"Everything you need with just one license"

What do you like best?

There are many good things of Syncfusion solution, from a wide range of tools and technological platforms to an excellent available documentations, but what deserves a particular mention is the level of support, both technical and commercial, which is absolutely great. Every request for technical support and commercial matter is always followed by useful answer in a very short time. Before to buy a Global License I worked for a while with the free Community License and even in that case, the Support received was excellent. The completeness of the suite, the possibility to use the Community License and the great level of support are the features that can make the difference with a competitor product.

What do you dislike?

Really, there is not much to complain about. I can only give a suggestion on how to improve a general level that is already very high, for example improving some part of the documentation with samples of a more complex use case, rather than the basic samples.

I needed a set of professional tools to develop our products. Initially, mainly in the desktop application with a large use of Grids but I also needed a tool that offered the possibility to interface Excel via code-behind having the potential of a spreadsheet in a Web application. The next step will be to create some dashboards. With the Syncfusion suite I got all of this in one solution with a sustainable cost due to the Global License.

Syncfusion review by Emmanuel B.
Emmanuel B.

"Syncfusion for Windows Forms "

What do you like best?

I am using the Syncfusion toolkit since 2007 I think, difficult for me to develop without it as I don't want to implement already existing and available components or libraries. Lot of controls with tons of features ready to use and an access to the source code to customize stuffs at low level code.

What do you dislike?

When the support fix a problem, they don't provide the source code. Need to wait for the next release to get the source code, that's my major complaint as I can't test the fix in good condition

At first, the Syncfusion toolkit was chosen for the Edit control component, the decision was taken because it was possible, and not too complicated, to add an "unknown" language to the list and support features like syntax highlighting etc... After that, I've chosen to use the ribbon menu control, the grid/databoundgrid controls, pivot stuffs and XLSXIO library.

Syncfusion review by Lance P.
Lance P.

"Excellent Multi Technology Development Framework"

What do you like best?

The controls are excellent and have similar look and feel over a wide range of technologies (ie JavaScript, ASP.NET, Net Core, MVC, Files etc). These are all rock solid and can be relied upon in all modern environments (eg VisualStudio 2017, Visual Studio Code). Whilst Angular is best supported, Aurelia (our favourite) is sufficiently supported to get an application working well.

What do you dislike?

The documentation is not always complete in coverage/detail or up to date and any worked examples generally too basic for commercial use. What's New is not always clear. User experience can be an uphill struggle when customising a particular control. Templating features, that are extremely powerful, are sparsely mentioned

Recommendations to others considering the product

Absolutley. There is a Syncfusion way of doing things that is reasonably uniform consiedering the range of technologies supported. Well worth learning will serve well improving performance. Obvioius really.

Interfacing Net Core Business Application Front End and Back End requires a great deal of manual effort (eg naming conventions, jQuery workarounds to apply simple customisation of views). Work takes longer than expected

Syncfusion review by Glenniel B.
Glenniel B.

"Syncfusion and Nothing Else!"

What do you like best?

Almost everything you need to create a professional software. From web applications to reporting and desktop applications, you name it Syncfusion have it.

The software documentation is really good and with the help of their syncfusion dashboard, using a 3rd

party software has never been so easy. The price is affordable compared to other solutions in the market.

What do you dislike?

At first, like any other tools out there, you'll have difficulty using some of the controls but with continuous use, you'll really appreciate how flexible Syncfusion is.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would really like to recommend their WPF desktop controls. Explore every controls and almost everything you need is already available.

Their javascript and web tools also look great. They also have regular webinars about their product and free ebooks.

Most of our in-house solutions are created with Syncfusion in it. With time and budget constraints, creating an application is now a breeze. As of now, we are currently focusing with our Management tools and reporting using WPF. Hopefully soon, we can migrate it to a Web App with Syncfusion in mind.

Syncfusion review by Artur M.
Artur M.

"Amazing deal to an amazing suite"

What do you like best?

All the controls we've used (mostly Windows Forms, ASP.NET MVC, Javascript) are top notch: well thought and integrated, easy to use, good object model and great documentation.

The fact that there's a Community License to help startups or small companies (like ours) to build their products using such a complete and professional suite is just outstanding and, for what we know, almost unique in this market.

What do you dislike?

There's not many bad (or less good) things to say about this suite but one thing that really could use some improvement is the installation experience. It's not that it's bad, but it's really slow and somewhat big.

Of course, one can choose what specific components/supported frameworks (e.g. Windows Forms, WPF, ASP.NET MVC, JavaScript) should be installed but, even so, if the whole process was faster and more streamlined, that would be wonderful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do evaluate this product. Of course, there are many suites like this on the marked, similar in many aspects but with some differences in others. Even so, wrapping it all up, the quality of this suite, the experience and reliability of SyncFusion in these kind of products and the Community License availability are all strong reasons to give this suite a (real) chance.

Besides the obvious (and important) aspect of solving problems and improving our products regarding the UI/front-end, we also rely on this suite to solve some specific problemas regarding document manipulation (e.g. Word, Excel, PDF).

Syncfusion review by Neilson d.
Neilson d.

"An excellent experience and value for money"

What do you like best?

Syncfusion, like any high-end provider of interface components for software development, has an excellent product portfolio, on that, I do not have much to say other than the fact that they are excellent. But what excites me the most is talking, which is the only company in this industry that I know of, that supports the small entrepreneur, who has to start, but does not have the money. They are helping me a lot, through the community license, which has allowed me to develop my products, make money, and only then pay for the license. I think this model is fantastic, fair and very intelligent on their part.

I've already worked with the Telerik components and I can say with confidence, Syncfunsion is not far behind, and with this licensing scheme, there are many steps forward.

What do you dislike?

One thing that really bothers me in the syncfusion component package is the difficulty of selecting which components will be part of the JS and CSS files. There is a tool for this, but every time I use it, it looks like something did not work out correctly and it's not easy to figure out what went wrong.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Syncfusion as they are very serious and their products are very good. The support is very agile and always solves the problems and updates several times a year the products, correcting errors and adding functionalities. It's very worth it

I am developing a system for churches and I use Essential Studio MVC for this development. It has allowed me to develop a very professional system, with very good functionalities and with an excellent user experience.

Syncfusion review by Ismail H.
Ismail H.

"Great documentation with detail contents that easy to follow"

What do you like best?

For me, documentation is 50% and rich control variant is another 50%, that's make my score for Syncfusion is 100%. Ease of use combine with great docs make the source code standard and less code, that's mean easy to maintain the source code.

What do you dislike?

still not found the dislike yet, because everything is great. The documentation is great, the product variant is great, the example is great and the licensing schema that developer friendly. They have community edition! wow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recomended for those who want gain great and beautiful app with standarize coding guided by details docs

Mainly i'm using Grid, chart and schedule control. Using these controls, make the apps very rich in the user experience. Lot of option for user to interact with the application that make the app raise its level, become more professional.

Syncfusion review by Ibrahim M.
Ibrahim M.

"What a Deal....Syncfusion Essential Studio. "

What do you like best?

I am using the MVC 5 set of controls right now. Particularly the Grid. This grid is dripping with options that really made the project quick and powerful. With very few lines of code I can generate Excel, Word or PDFs. I can customize the look and feel of the CRUD presentation easily. I have used other suites too, but I find Syncfusion to be much more capable, at least in the ASP.Net MVC5 area. I am looking forward to trying out the other control suites that Syncfusion provides.

What do you dislike?

In the beginning I was unhappy with the free support offered by Syncfusion and I complained about it. I got a response that outclasses most other vendors. Problems got fixed (you have to make sure you do not have typos in your client code) and was up and running within an hour.

I will have to say this though, the free support is slow...24 hour response time. hey..it's free! But if you are not getting anywhere....and upgrade your support options these folks really rock.

Another issue, I find the documentation sketchy in some areas and sometimes seems to not be in line with their latest releases.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Absolutely. Once you become familar with Syncfusion's way of doing things...the advantages become obvious

Presently we are developing an application that links QuickBooks Online to a State Campaign Finance Reporting requirements. It is done in ASP.Net MVC 5. Syncfusion provided us with a Grid that made transitioning the QBO data to state required reports a breeze. We had some problems in the beginning, mostly due to our newness to this product. Once our issues were resolved....we moved quickly. Thank YOu Syncfusion!

Syncfusion review by Vlad R.
Vlad R.

"A great experience with Web data visualization components"

What do you like best?

I really enjoyed the great diversity of UI components to choose from and I was impressed with the advanced features on most components. It feels like the products covers all the relevant use cases.

I also enjoyed the good documentation and comprehensive demos.

What do you dislike?

A few bugs on a component we use a lot (data grid). However, workarounds were available and Syncfusion support was prompt and helpful.

Developer experience was not the best with a particular version of the web UI components (ej1). This is better with ej2.

We are using the product to build debt collection software and it allows us to focus more on the business aspects and less on the technical part.

Syncfusion review by Mathieu D.
Mathieu D.

"Set of Component design like LEGO. Save a lot of time on dealing with UI."

What do you like best?

Powerful BI without the cost. Smooth install and integration with VS. Sample Creator is awesome. The customer service are really good. Always received a fast response that actually answer my question in a clear and effective way. Got result pretty fast. Very versatile. Back-End programmer best friend.

What do you dislike?

The problem is that most people don't see all the crazy stuff that can be done with this tool set. It's only when I make live demo,in which I build an application live, that people see the value. It's a Pandora box so well design. It's offering incredible flexibility and possibility.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Explore the product in deep to understand to idea behind the design. Once understood, imagination is your only limit.

First, I didn't do UI before using SyncFusion. I'm a pure back-end programmer. My back-end easily plug it self to the front-end. Save time!!

The BI is definitely the biggest seller. The price is low and it's something that company can understand because it's more concrete.

Syncfusion review by Sreekant N.
Sreekant N.

"Rich set of controls & great support"

What do you like best?

Syncfusion provides us with a rich set of UI controls which are compatible with every version of .NET. We use their WPF controls and it saves us from re-inventing the wheel. They provide a very good support and usually reply within a business day with a sample application that helps us understand better. At many instances we've even received personalized custom patches for features that we requested.

What do you dislike?

Customizing the controls becomes difficult at times, but with the excellent support this too gets resolved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it.

We're building tools and products that help our customers manage their Leasing business more efficiently. With the help of Syncfuion we're able to achieve this with less time and efforts

Syncfusion review by Elias A.
Elias A.

"One of the best analytics libraries I could have across."

What do you like best?

The product is free for individuals and businesses as long as products using these libraries are not making over 1 million a year(then it would be hard to argue the asking price anyway). AMAZING customer support even if free. The samples are good to get things started.

What do you dislike?

It might not be clear how to do some of the more complicated tasks. I found modifying the theme of the WPF app to be very confusing. I tried using Ribbon Window provided by the Essential Studio library, but it ended up breaking the whole program.

I might be complaining a bit much here, because over all it isn't something I stressed a lot in my product. I didn't even reach out concerning this issue. The fact is, I feel confident that someone would be answering a query like this. Which is more bonus points for it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out

I am developing an app that does workforce cost modeling and I needed various kinds of analytics tools to be able to show the results.

Syncfusion Essential Studio provided me with some of the best tools I could have had when starting for scratch. I found most of them easy to implement, and considering the amount of documentation available, I was able to find solutions to most problems pretty quickly.

Syncfusion review by Sergio Antonio E.
Sergio Antonio E.

"Best Component Suite for Great Apps"

What do you like best?

I found this tools some years ago, when I was looking for a good set of components to enhance an app in development. After try some other component packs, I found Syncfusions, and I knew that was the tools I needed.

With the time, I've see how this company is always innovating, expanding the platforms and languages supported, developing more great tools like the dashboard and report server which are a very interesting tools also.

The cherry on the top of the cake was the releasing all the suite for small developers in the community program, that, like the MS Visual Studio, gives a free license of a professonal tool at no cost for startups and small companies.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I'm not so happy is the long install time for the updated versions and service packs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it, you won't be disappointed

Get better and enhanced apps is always a benefit, because people using the apps deserves, first of all, a fully functional app, and on a second place, a good looking and easy to use graphic user intefase.

Syncfusion review by Aaron B.
Aaron B.

"Achieve your software project development goals."

What do you like best?

Syncfusion offers a variety of tools to boost your software development process in the most visible part of any software product: the user interface. This tools are available to a variety of platforms: PHP, .NET Windows and Web Forms, MVC/C#, JavaScript and XAMARIN.

Been using Syncfusion for a variety of projects for iPad web apps and C#/MVC web sites, and controls are consistent among platforms, that means when you learn a control you learn it for other platforms as well.

All controls are well documented (online and Offline version), so you don’t need to worry about creating developer guides for controls and you only focus on what you have created with their controls.

Free E-books (around 130 at the time of this review) and White Papers provide a great learning tool with specific applications of their tools to BigData, Business Intelligence, mobile development and other topics.

Community Edition Software: For small software companies or single developers, the community edition is a life saver, since you can create a better product without the need of purchase licenses (only for less than 5 users and less than $1 million USD in gross revenue). The Community Edition has all same features as the paid version, access to the support forum and updates.

What do you dislike?

So far, there is nothing I may dislike about Syncfusion.

Recommendations to others considering the product

1. Check the demo section on their website: http://samples.syncfusion.com/

2. Create and account and download/install the trial version.

3. Download specific E-Books related to the language/platform you are planning to use and read them, following the examples (if provided).

4. Check the Online Documentation on their web site (is under Support).

If you like what you see go head an try using Syncfusion on one test project to have a taste of the controls.

Hope this helps you to make an informed decision about selecting Syncfusion. This worked for me.

Helped streamline development.

Saved time.

Excellent documentation and support.

Syncfusion review by Angelo L.
Angelo L.

"Complete components suite and great customer support"

What do you like best?

I'm a one man company developer with 30 years of experience in software development. I have used more languages and more component suite and finally I have found the one that cover all my needs. I like the complete samples that help me to understand the behaviour and property of each component, great customer support, even if I use Community License (every incident I have opened has been solved soon and the support has follow me till to the problem was solved); modern UI components and a complete suite of components thanks to which you can create any solution for all environments (desktop, mobile, web and so on). Another great feature is the periodical release and patches

What do you dislike?

The only feature not present in this suite is the project WPF template in Visual Studio. It's only present template for Windows Forms app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Syncfusion Essential Studio EE covers all platform a company or a single developer user to create the apps. And it's very important the great customer support and the high quality of the samples provided with the suite.

I have created desktop solutions (using WPF) to manage invoices and stock of some little companies and now I'm developing a cloud based app and mobile apps with Xamarin to integrate it with the desktop application.

Syncfusion review by Tomasz B.
Tomasz B.

"Essential Studio for JavaScript"

What do you like best?

A set of controls with a rich API and unified look and feel. Visually attractive, quick to learn the basics. Integrated support for Knockout JS. Syncfusion's support is good. They were able to help me out a lot.

Lots of examples and a live playground are a benefit.

What do you dislike?

Once a customization is needed to the behaviour, it can become problematic. After gathering some experience with the functionality and studying the sources, you mostly end up with a crooked, but working solution.

The documentation sometimes is messy and not generous enough when you expect some information about the behaviour rather than simply one sentence with the property's name and that's it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Evaluate and check if it suits your needs. Ask for support, Syncfusion is quite helpful. The clients really like the controls, although our devs sometimes have to fight with it. It really depends on the customization level needed. If the solution needs to be very different from what comes OOB, the process can be painful. But having in mind that previously all control types we used were from a different vendor (i.e. calendar picker found on github, datatables, jquery dropdowns etc.) in one application, having to struggle a bit sometimes for some customization is a low cost in comparison.

We are creating solututions for big customers mostly in the pharma business hosted within SharePoint. The unified and clear looksare a big benefit as the visual impression is really important in modern applications.

Syncfusion review by Consultant

"File Formats, Terrific product and great Customer Service"

What do you like best?

We are using File Formats for PDF transformation, and we are also using some of the Web Controls for MVC.

If you had to do it yourself programmatically, then manipulating a PDF is not simple, but Syncfusion makes it easy. We are using the PDF functions to transform Word to PDF, merge PDF, and create PDFs on the fly.

Over a period of years, we did encounter a few issues with the File Format product. In each case, we promptly reported the issue using Directtrac, and in each case, Syncfusion quickly fixed the issue. Their customer service and responsiveness to our problems was amazing, and our production systems have been stable for a long time now.

What do you dislike?

The Web Grid controls for MVC render slow. I opened a ticket with Directtrac and discussed the issue with a Syncfusion technician. We concluded that it could be a design issue on our side due to POST back to the server. Bottom line is that if you send your full dataset to the grid and avoid POST backs, then the grid works great, but if you POST back to the server on each click, then it needs to render each time.

Merge individual pages of a split-up document into a single PDF, create PDFs on the fly for several teller transactions, transform Word documents to PDF.

Syncfusion review by Rory R.
Rory R.

"What else is better? Nothing for me!"

What do you like best?

Its not so common these days to find a software company that listens and acts immediately to customer feedback. From raising a query on how a control worked to being given constant feedback/updates and a fix was 3 days - fatest responsive from any software company I've ever dealth with - there are customer oriented. Syncfusion even give away free community licenses to allow small developers to start and rapidly build apps that have the latest and greatest features that look, feel and behave the same as some of the top end highly expensive controls. Syncfusion controls just work and keep getting better and new features.

What do you dislike?

The installer takes quite a long time which is unstandable as it has to install the program and register each control in Visual STudio and the GAC but just feels a little fustrating

Recommendations to others considering the product

Recommendation is simple..its just worth getting

Problem was custom designing each custom control from the ground up and trying to validate was slow and time consuming and as a signle developer I sometimes missed some of the possilbe validation erros. Using Syncfusion, I have modern and robust controls and that validate and checked and in a constant state of improvement. I can now concentrate on app development instead of the time consuming of building controls for my app.

Syncfusion review by James H.
James H.

"Our experience over the last 7 years"

What do you like best?

1. The support over that time has been great. The support I think has progressively improved over the years and the fact that support requests are often replied using samples makes it easy for us to move forward.

2. The breadth and depth of the controls were a perfect match for our requirements. We use Syncfusion controls throughout our solution, but there are three which are critical to us:

* Diagramming Component - Still the best.

* The Grid component - Support for hierarchical data and multiple child relationships; broad editing capabilities.

* The Excel component - Since it's bundled with the rest of the suite it makes life easy to deploy.

What do you dislike?

We developed our solution originally using the old set of ASP.Net controls, so these have been discontinued.

There isn't a great path from these controls to the new ones, but I also accept the shifting nature of web development.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try them! Yes, there are other solutions, but Syncfusion has a compelling suite!

Without Syncfusion we would have struggled to release our solution in a feasible time.

The fact that a single solution has been able to provide us with all the necessary functionality has meant we have kept low the number of dependencies within our software. It also means we're dealing with a single company for most of our issues (should we encounter them).

Using other components from other vendors would mean us having to liaise (and purchase) multiple packages since no other company was (and still) not able to supply us with the three critical components mentioned above.

Syncfusion review by David M.
David M.

"Absolutely the best thing to add to your belt."

What do you like best?

I have used a number of different kits in the past years (5 and I continue to use Matrox MIL in industrial applications because it is truly the best imaging software out there, simply amazing) and while they all had some awesome features Syncfusion sinks them all plain and simple, even DevExpress, which was my go to in the late 90’s- 2000’s and I hate to call out names (I am sorry). Incredible tools and support that is beyond belief. The help files, the updates and the newsletters are… I don’t know what to say.

What do you dislike?

The Grouping Grid is HARD to work with and the documentation is poor to say the least. I developed applications around the DevExpress Grid in the late 90’s with ease and even SGrid in the early 2K’s (which I helped develop with Steve (RIP)), and they were so much easier to use. Please work on making Grouping easier and drag and drop simple between groups. These things should not require hundreds of lines of code and require so many event handlers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

N/A

Industrial applications mainly revolving around vision systems and controls.

Syncfusion review by Paul D.
Paul D.

"A full suite of controls that enhance the UI experience"

What do you like best?

Essential Studio is the go-to spot for enhanced controls that make the UI experience for your user. From the web to desktop to mobile, Essential Studio has you covered. With their Direct-Trac support system and different licensing options, you have a partner that will be in it for the long run.

What do you dislike?

With so many controls, it tough sometimes to know everything that is available and how a control that is developed can save you time by implementing it instead of starting from scratch.

Our applications require smart, innovative and intuitive controls. Syncfusion Essential Studio delivers. From Desktop docking manager, editing controls and web dashboards, Essential Studio has it all.

Syncfusion review by Herney Eduardo D.
Herney Eduardo D.

"Controlsoft experience with Syncfusion controls and support"

What do you like best?

Our company has been using the Syncfusion set of Controls for Windows Desktop. It has been georgeous, these controls has allow us to deploy applications with comtemporany look and feel estetic and functionality.

Now we are adventuring us to discover the Syncfusion ASP.NET and Xamarin Controls. Our target clients and solutions require a lot of functionality base don these platforms.

About Syncfusion support team, we must say it has been very quick, proactive and efficient. We have suggested new features that has been implemented in a very short time.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes Visual Studio ID works strangely when using certain controls on a form.

Time consuming installation

The user experience has been improved while our solutions give us a more efficient way to develop and maintain our code.

Syncfusion review by dieter m.
dieter m.

"Highly Recommend "

What do you like best?

I'm using the UWP controls of Syncfusion. Most of the controls are very usefull.

For me, DataGrid, the Chart Controls and the MS-Office (Excel, Word) libraries are the absolute highlights.

Why? Firstly they are well documented, you get an Visual Studio Project with full access to the examples.

The Datagrid ist completely costomizeable .

The Charts: There is any chart you need , and the chart controls are very intuitively .

The Excel Library is in my opinion the best in the market. Most applications need export top word or Excel and

this Library is realy amazing.

The Service is top: I had problems with the Schedule Control, and used the community version

of their Product in a private project (so didn't expect much help) .

And they helped me very competently and effectively.

What do you dislike?

They have a verfy powerfull diagrams controls , very powerfull. But the community edition version ist not so well documented.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I compared it with Telerik and some other products. I made a Prototype with each of the Libraries I could get. I think in direct comparison you surely will see the high quality of this controls.

They also have a rich portfolio of JScript/HTML ( modern Architecture Angular etc.) Controls, ETL and Reporting Controls.

Im a professional, experienced SW Developer and use the community edition of Syncfusion Essential Studio Enterprise Edition for personal projects. I have developed Apps for the Windows Store.

Syncfusion review by Greg G.
Greg G.

"The Best Control Suite Anywhere"

What do you like best?

Some years ago, I switched from using Silverlight for web developement, to HTML 5. In Silverlight, I was using a different vendor, but with Javascript and html, their control suite was no longer working well. I then checked out all of the different major vendors and settled on Syncfusion Essential JavaScript controls.

The suite has every control you will ever need for a web app. To get familiar with all it can do, they have numerous demo apps so you can see it in action and see if it will work for you.

They then have some 17 themes and one of them is sure to be of your liking, whether you like a light or dark them, or something in between.

The documentation is then available which goes into detail every aspect of the control so you can customize it to your needs. And if you need help in getting going, Syncfusion support stands ready to help you out with answer and a sample app.

In several cases, I have asked for something they do not yet support, and they have come through with the requested modifications.

I have been creating web apps with Syncfusion for over 4 years now, and I would much rather use an existing library then to roll-my-own. Syncfusion fits that bill perfectly.

What do you dislike?

There are so many controls, sample apps and documentions that it can be confusing to know where to start. But I have found that the Syncfusion Control Panel that gets installed when you install their suite is the place to start. It shows you all the different suites (Javascript, MVC, Aurelia etc) and then all the different resources for each one.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Adopt.

Using a control suite save literally years of time over trying to write your own, or searching the web for a widget. Syncfusion controls work well together and is a complete, affordable solution.

Syncfusion review by Nick B.
Nick B.

"Best third party Dot Net extensions"

What do you like best?

The libraries are easy to use and there are plenty of sample code available. I use the word document generation library and the PDF preview and they both work better than expected.

What do you dislike?

The software installs multiple versions of the same library, which makes it slightly cumbersome to pick the latest library to link the project to. This could be an option at installation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommend Syncfusion Essential to other development businesses. It cuts down on development time, its libraries are very stable and its support is second to none.

I've been using it to generate word documents for my invoices and for its UI features. I found that its able to cut down on my development time, and I can develop items with features that I wouldn't be able to otherwise.

Syncfusion review by Mareike L.
Mareike L.

"Love the free Licence"

What do you like best?

We use Syncfusion Essential Studio on the free Community Licence for Cross-Platform App Development with Xamarin Forms. The free Licence includes all features and the customer service was not biased either. In geneal Customer Service was quick and helpful.

The Product itself works beautifully and allowed us to create mighty and neat graphs and pdfs. It is perfectly suited for beginners as the Documentation is detailed and easy to follow.

It works surprisingly well on all platforms (iOS, Android and UWP) with a minimum amount of platform-specific code. As Xamarin Forms is quite new, Syncfusion is still adding a ton of new features and updating constantly

What do you dislike?

All the updates have some negative aspects as well. While they worked fine most of the time, one update suddenly crashed the entire charts for no apparent reason.

Some features are missing in UWP, they could try to keep all platforms on the same level.

Creating Charts and Pdfs in App.

It supports cross-platform and C# features like Data-BInding and therefore saved us looking for platform solutions respectivly

Syncfusion review by Eric B.
Eric B.

"Love the Excel file format component"

What do you like best?

The XLSIO component makes it very easy to create a native format Excel file that customers can download, rather than having to create a CSV file or HTML table.

What do you dislike?

The only problems we encountered were with generating PDFs from spreadsheets, but the spreadsheets were complex ones and the Syncfusion team was very cooperative looking into and patching the issues.

The main issue we use the Essential Studio for is generating Excel files of customer data that the customer can download. Before we were using other formats, but Excel is the format most customers want and expect.

Syncfusion review by Srđan N.
Srđan N.

"Great components for big ERP applications"

What do you like best?

Lots and lots of components with meaningful extensions and features. We're especially using edit controls, grid grouping grid, xlsio, docio and diagramming controls but everything so far has been stable. Support is responsive i polite with frequent code examples for a query.

What do you dislike?

They have made many, many extensions to their controls probably listening user needs. Sometimes it's difficult to find a feature or use it without the help of their support. This mostly pertains to grid grouping control which is really complex.

We're providing standardised and feature rich GUI to our users who are using our software on daily basis in their workplace. Syncfusion components have saved a lot of extra programming and testing costs since they had extra features which we wanted to provide our users.

Syncfusion review by Ted S.
Ted S.

"Essential is a great description"

What do you like best?

Their customer service! They bend over backwards to solve problems and as quickly as possible.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes language barriers come into play with support along with times frames.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great value for the money!!!

No one in the industry had a PDF control that works like theirs does. The savings over the last 18 months is easily worth the cost of a programmer which makes their yearly cost insignificant. The secondary benefit was all of the added controls that we began using. The face lift it gave our web Sites provided increased visual presentation and more importantly higher performance.

Syncfusion review by User

"Brings the functional and visual standard of a web project to timeless excellence."

What do you like best?

The pluggability of apps in MVC 5, using Razor engine to view cshtml views.

It improves the user experience, giving good reaction/upload/download speeds of pages (determined by your network speed).

The software is well documented for typical uses of their components.

Good support.

What do you dislike?

When having to customize on a deep level, for example editing on a grid with single line edit mode from code behind, documentation is slim at best, their saving grace then comes from their support tickets.

When you are customizing on a deep level, you need to familiarize yourself with jQuery and Javascript for a proper solution that gives good user experience, at least there is good documentation for their javascript and jQuery API.

Takes a while for new employees to get used to using Syncfusion.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure your developers are all on the same version of Syncfusion.

A visual standard is introduced, along with maintainability of same code by different coders.

Syncfusion review by Adam G.
Adam G.

"Excellent toolkit for building rapid, responisve user interfaces"

What do you like best?

The vast range of controls and the level of which they can be customsied & configured. The global developer license costs compared to competitor based products (i.e. Telerik) is way cheaper for the same type of controls.

What do you dislike?

Nothing much to dislike - the documentation sometimes isn't quite up to date. I like the demos that you get but what would be amazing is if there was a user library where people could showcase the art of the possible with the toolkit...

Rapid build to market - it has allowed us to build and deploy apps much quicker

Syncfusion review by Mahmoud  A.
Mahmoud A.

"Controls for asp. Net"

What do you like best?

The controls provided us with a great set of nice tools/features and increased team productivity with a great end-user experience

We used the software in Web and Mobile development which allowed us to design a consistent experience between different parts of the solution

What do you dislike?

.I think overall the solution is good, and nothing was bad about it

Recommendations to others considering the product

ASP.NET web controls provides great basic features Filter, Sorting, and Data grouping which can save a lot of time of team productivity

The software allows software developers to focus on delivery of business application with great end-user experience without wasting the time of writing code to implement basic functionality of the web controls like gridviews sorting, filter, paging. but to focus on business requirements

Syncfusion review by Andony N.
Andony N.

"A lot of good options, but may be overkill for some requirements"

What do you like best?

I like all the tools available, and it is some what easy to implement on projects.

What do you dislike?

Documentation is not that good.

Sometimes it is an overkill, it is too big for what's needed sometimes.

Other tools are lightweight and can do some of the things done by syncfusion (I used essential javascript 1 only)

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need many of the options they have, it may be a good fit for you. It is overall good, but in my case we had a few requierements that could be met by other free tools.

We needed an admin tool to customize options for the website so we needed controls to do so.

Syncfusion review by Andrés S.
Andrés S.

"Excellent product and excellent developer service"

What do you like best?

As a developer, I think what I like most is the responsiveness, clarity in answers and follow up procedures regarding support tickets. This is critical in order to be able to ship one's product.

Now, the product itself is excellent; from design to end-user experience.

The documentation is very good. Could use a bit more details and/or example sometimes but it is much, much better than many other suites' documentation that I have seen around.

What do you dislike?

Installation time, even though it has gotten faster with time.

The product has helped me to build better looking applications with less effort. Even though the apps we have written could work just fine without these controls, having them have enabled us to ship a much better looking and easier to use product and in a quicker manner as well.

Syncfusion review by Jason S.
Jason S.

"Wish we never started using syncfusion"

What do you like best?

Controls are nice looking and there is a large selection

What do you dislike?

Controls riddled with bugs

Overpriced

Forced to waste time creating examples to indicate a fault in the controls, or to test after a patch is released.

Private patches are released and not rolled into a release for a long time, makes if very difficult to use NuGet and to manage versions

Takes at least 24 hours for a response from anyone, then once they find the bug it can take weeks for a patch. If it takes more than one response for support to find the bug it can take days as each response takes 24 hours.

Online documentation is very poor and incomplete

Controls are overloaded and cause application slowdowns

Recommendations to others considering the product

Find another control provider

we use a few controls in a piece of software given to customers for free for configuring one of our products.

No benefits from syncfusion, could have used other controls for less and wasted far less development time.

Syncfusion review by Bartek K.
Bartek K.

"Super product with Community License option"

What do you like best?

I've been searching for a web grid with filtering, paging and sorting on server side. Every component I found was either expensive or same functionality was missing. Finally I found Syncfusion. As I'm one person company I could use it even in commercial product thanks Community License. I got not only great grid for free, but a whole package of very nice controls.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes you have to search thoroughly support forum to find solution which does not seem so unusual. But after all it's a great product and great support.

The product helped me to build web app with responsive controls having similar look and feel. I didn't need to search for individual controls.

Syncfusion review by John F.
John F.

"Asp.net Core Essential Components are getting there"

What do you like best?

the architecture was designed beautifully. i love the way the data mangers are used client side and server side.

What do you dislike?

Asp.net Core is still young and new so i have found a couple bugs in this product but its to be expected.

i don't like the documentation. the examples are just images and not the actual use of the product.

The documentation is hard to follow or navigate to related topics. example if i need some Js help with a Asp.net core component i have to go to the Js doc page even though it is very closely related. The Fact there there is a JS doc page and a JS Api page is very annoying and trying to find the JS Api page is not trivial to find

real time data reporting. it had also helped us realizes places we need to change the way we collect/process data.

Syncfusion review by Aaron E.
Aaron E.

"Solid product, responsive support, good company"

What do you like best?

Good company. Years ago, I was a bit turned off by their sales process, but in the last few years they have become much more customer focused and we have enjoyed working with them.

What do you dislike?

Nothing specific. Years ago, their sales process was not very customer-centric, but this has greatly improved in the last 2 years.

We use their file format libraries and they are quality and fairly priced. Their support team is responsive and always quick to fix odd PDF issues that come up.

Syncfusion review by Dennis M W.
Dennis M W.

"Excellent toolkit that makes my software shine."

What do you like best?

The controls I use are easy to work with. It reduce the development cycle time and improves both productivity and efficiency.

What do you dislike?

The toolkit has become large which requires more time for updating when a new version is available. It also affect the loading time of VS.NET. When the number of controls increases then they need to be grouped in more subgroups for easier navigation. That's also true for the documentation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Te Enterprise Edition is quite large package. If You don't need everything then select part(s) of it. It will save You money and time.

Creating user-friendly UI-applications for the desktop.

Productivity and efficiency reduce the development time frame which has a positive effect on pricing the solutions, lower the price bids.

Syncfusion review by User

"Customer bonding with chains and shackles"

What do you like best?

Quality of the software

Quality of the helpdesk

What do you dislike?

We were offered a flat yearly subscription fee for all our developers. There is just the two of us, but it was a nice offer. It wasn't mentioned nor could I find this anywhere on their website, that once you quit the subscription you are not allowed to use the product any more. Not even the software that we programmed ourselves!!

It is quit normal that if you quit a subscription that you do not get any updates. It's quite normal that after that you can still use the product and most certainly the software that you created yourself.

But in the contract (and for as far as I know only in the contract) it states that upon ending the subscription you must remove all their software from your computers and servers and that even for your own developed software you may not use it anymore.

This is a form of customer bonding, but than with chanis and shackles.

We asked Syncfusion to allow us to keep using Syncfusion for at least the software that we created. We only used the grid in something like 4 or 5 programs. But they are as flexible as concrete.

So unless they change their mind we will renew the subscription for one year and be quick to remove all the grids from them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be aware

We only wanted a better grid than the standard grid provided by Microsoft.

Syncfusion review by Consultant

"Great control and service"

What do you like best?

I have used control set of three companies. Syncfusion provided us many sample code, so it is very helpful for me to develop systems. Furthermore their support is so great. In my experience, Syncfusion support is the best. Regarding other companies support, even though these companies are Japan branch and I could communicate in Japanese, however Syncfusion support is better than them. The best of thing all, Syncfusion support provides me sample code soon I request. So I can learn how to develop easily. I can save time to learn compare to do by myself. Their control set are contributed greatly to my work.

What do you dislike?

I prefer VB.NET to C#. Before they provided both code, but currently only C#. I understand C# is better than VB.NET currently. Apart from that calendar control and filter of grid control are not able to display in Japanese. It means day of week and filter menu. I don't know about latest control. If it possible, We can provide software which I develop for Japan companies.

Regarding annual leave management, HR department of my customer managed by paper work before. I developed the annual leave management web system with Syncfusion. As a result, they can apply for annual leave and approve the request on the system. So they can save time and it's useful all staff of the customer. I also could save time to develop the software.

Syncfusion review by Gyorgy G.
Gyorgy G.

"Syncfusion MVC for the JS averter"

What do you like best?

Nice controls, many can be rendered completely from code behind.

Support answers withing 24 hours, which is OK for me given the time zones.

Support produces sample apps.

What do you dislike?

Samples and support places too much (for me) emphasis on the Razor side.

Not easy to find things in docs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be prepared for frantic searches in docs. But it's free for small companies. The Diagram control is outstanding.

Support is responsive, sometimes superficial.

Document network and document metadata display.

Could produce my first web pages almost completely from C#, with minimal JS.

Nice graph diagram.

Syncfusion review by User

"Syncfusion Essential Studio solves my problem."

What do you like best?

We are looking for a tool that can merge a bunch of files together into a single document with a good control over on file format, after googling around and we found out Syncfusion Essential Studio is the best what we are looking for in term of price, functionalities and support. We hope we can find out this tool couple years ago, so we can use this tool as our main client side JavaScript library for our main application instead of what we are using, their product offers a ton of features that you don't have to look somewhere else.

What do you dislike?

So far I haven't found anything I don't like it, maybe later.

Packaging a bunch of documents into one single document with very nice control over the format on the final document. This is a big deal for our application and it makes my customer very happy. Will use the other feature as much as we can in the future.

Learning about Syncfusion Essential Studio Enterprise Edition?

* We monitor all Syncfusion Essential Studio Enterprise Edition reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.