Strapi Reviews & Product Details

Strapi Overview

What is Strapi?

Strapi is the leading open-source headless CMS based on Node.js for all your developers content management and API needs. In minutes, you have a working API and can concentrate on developing software without the hassle of CMS complexities. All your data is made available through a 100% customizable API to be a perfect fit for your needs. We take care of the backend for you so you don't have to. Companies of all sizes are already using Strapi in production.

Strapi Details
Discussions
Strapi Community
English, French, Spanish

The most advanced open-source Content Management Framework to build powerful API with no effort.

Strapi
2016
Paris, France
@strapijs

Strapi Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Strapi community
Have you used Strapi before?

Strapi Reviews

Showing 24 Strapi reviews
Already have Strapi?
Community development coodinator
What do you like best?

Our team of developers are doing their best to make us feel comfortable using the back end of our game app. They were able to create a wizard for us ! I love that you, although the interface is intuitive, you can get help if needed. Thanks to Strapi you can keep things simple and functional for optimal results. My experience with this ongoing project has been really pleasant and user-friendly for every level of tech savyness ;) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Still learning but haven't had any bad experience so far, will update if we do with time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Enables all the stakeholders (other non-for profits in different cities of BC, Canada) to be responsible for their part of the game and be able to upload and update their own content freely with no cost. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

We love that Strapi is Omnipresent! our students can choose any Frontend Frameworks, Any RESTful or GraphQL, we can integrate it with everything!

We have always seen strapi pomo interest to integrate it into our academic training curriculum but due to costs they were impossible for our students.

Now that they arrive at our institution with the new Strapi Enterprise Bronze Edition plan for students, non-profit organizations and open source projects we can think about changing our academic curriculum and integrating Strapi into our courses and that our students are the beneficiaries of this great contribution from Strapi! Thank you! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We could say that allow to customize even more UI. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our students in their training of the AWS Platform are adapting new stacks in their study curricula and now we can integrate JAMStack, Headless CMS with Strapi and we deploy in AWS we are complete to develop the new web of the future with them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

How easy it is to get started. You literally have a single CLI command, go through the process of setting up the connection to the database, and you're ready to work.

From there, the UI/UX is great. During the development, it's important that prototying is FAST, which it is. The customization of views and data types is just the cherry on top.

Support for GraphQL comes in form of a plugin that you install with a single click. That's it. Now you have GraphQL. In a single click.

The documentation is automatically generates for your API is concise and to the point. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I'm waiting for out-of-the-box TypeScript support. It's planned, so I'm not worried.

Sometimes, the UI shows an error when updating the component, even though the operation was successful. You just refresh the page and it works. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

When you need to tinker around with the source, the official documentation has all the information written in a legible and concise way. At our company, we have created everything from custom views, modified the branding, colors, etc.

To put it in perspective: we had a detailed plan on how our API should look like, and we knew what the CMS system needs to have. From start until we were able to deploy to testing phase, it took less than an hour.

We created all the custom views and branding modifications, deployed to production in a single day. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Web Developer
What do you like best?

The hability to self host the product and keep the data at bay. Strapi makes it easy to create and use a customized api that meets the needs of the association in terms of managing its websites and applications. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The product is still relatively new, some things are still not fully working and working with internationalization is still quite challenging. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Strapi helps us moving from a slow and monobloc solution to something more agile. We can focus on content management and creation, and less on website maintenance. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CEO
What do you like best?

1. Automatic GraphQL schema generation based on models created by the content-types builder

2. Lifecycle hooks Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I cannot complain about Strapi because it's beyond my expectations and it's not easy to find any flaw in Strapi. However, I found Strapi doesn't support the subscription operation out of the box which is one of the key reasons I have chosen GraphQL. But I found a workaround and it works well seamlessly. So there's nothing I dislike. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Anyone who has much experienced with API/model development would find it saves a lot of time and effort to use Strapi.

Anyone who is not familiar with and afraid of developing an application regardless of whether it be a CMS, a blog, an app or a simple website would be relieved if he/she follows the getting started or watches recipe videos. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I believe all of the business logic should be implemented at server side and the client application should focus UX/UI only. But it's easier said than done. When we realize that there's something wrong with our project and wish to refactor the source codes both on client- and server-side, we don't have much time left. However, with Strapi you can rewrite the APIs at anytime in a couple of days. That's actually what happened in my company. We've decided to re-do our work that had taken a year so far because we were assured that it would be much faster to deliver our product rather than to be stuck with spaghetti codes of previous work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Undergraduate Student
What do you like best?

With Strapi, making a CMS is way easier. Managing content and exposing as an API for a suitable frontend application has never been this easier. With the flexibility, it is much easier to work with a wide variety of popular Databases and Technologies. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Community edition has too many limitations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are trying to find a customizable backend application with database integration, this is more than amazing Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Managing content for simple web applications. Easiness to understand and use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AI
What do you like best?

I really enjoy how easy Strapi is. You can build complex APIs including relation, automatic slug, field assertions and so on. You can also define multiple roles and give different read / write / update / delete conditions for each of these roles. You can also give more complex permissions with just a click like "a user can update a resource only if he created it". Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Roles management for community edition is quite restrictive. It may not be an issue with other editions but I couldn't try it at this time. Anyway, pricing are quite expensive for small companies. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

At the time I write these lines, I've only used Strapi for local development. But it really helped me to develop faster. I used to develop my APIs from scratch. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

We tried multiple CMS systems and we can say without a doubt that Strapi is the best fit for what we wanted to do with it. It's fast, easy to install and configure. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The UI is great but the ability to customise it, even more, would be a huge advantage for our use case. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are using the Strapi CMS to manage our school's lessons plans. It was really easy to install, setup and integrate and their documentation and support is great too. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Strapi is in my opinion the best headless CMS currently because of its fast api development process and its flexibility. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

At first I disliked a part of the policies when it come to customize it for custom controller's actions. I took some time to make it work how I wanted. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Strapi help me to fastly build some APIs to save time and money. It's an headless CMS but I use it for more than that, I use it for general APIs too. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Software Engineer / Front-End Engineer / Architect / Team Lead
What do you like best?

Simple setup and easy creation of a Rest API, with support for graphql and easy customization of the admin dashboard. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Internationalization functions are missing although they have it with the status In Progress (Design) in the Roadmap Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It solves the management of the content of a project in an easy way, with a customization of all its parts. With features like self-hosted, agnostic database, plugins to fit projects needs, open-source and free. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AC
What do you like best?

- Customization

- Performance

- Plug and play concept Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Everything works pretty good. However, some upgrades are necessary to manage better the data and add more functionalities to the UI. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I hosted the entire backend of one of my personal projects. It's easy to setup and you can immediately view and manage the data. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Communications Director
What do you like best?

Strapi is the best fit for what our organization wants to do with it. We like the flexibility! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing for now, we totally recommend Strapi. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are creating an educative platform in French and English Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AN
What do you like best?

Basic API functionality comes out of the box Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There's a bit of a learning curve and custom features will need to be built from scratch in-house. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am building an internal web tool for housing custom data sets to serve over an API. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Strapi came at the right time when I was looking for a way to build a custom and light-weight API driven Content Management System for my Project. I got started with few hours of watching tutorials and reading the documentation. It was a real life-saver.

I've developed my CMS now and Frontend & Mobile Devs are already consuming the endpoints for production ready stage. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I could barely find a fault at the moment. What I would probably say is that switching between dev and production environments could be more seamless or maybe I just haven't gotten a hang of it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Strapi is great for small to advance projects. It's out-of-the-box tools are easy to use and get you ready to deploy your API's with basic knowledge and experience. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

One major cool thing about Strapi is also that its open source and self-hosted backed with growing community. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Founder
What do you like best?

I love the customisability of Strapi. I wrote a plugin for it by following a tutorial. it was easy enough! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would've loved to have the ability to customise the UI a bit more Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It enables me to write common APIs super fast so I can spend more time on UI Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AN
What do you like best?

I love that any admin can use the system to manage content Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. Strapi works like a charm, totally recomment. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are building a nonprofit campaign platform, where admins can manage content for public use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Help Desk Specialist - Tier 1
What do you like best?

Almost 0 effort to set up and get started developing, UI is extensible if you need, and lots of easy ways to deploy Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It could be easier to customize the UI, you've got to do quite a bit of coding to change things Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use strapi to organize and publish articles to my blog / portfolio Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Simple Model creation with rules and GraphQL API Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The user access (roles, right) for admin page and API is not easy to understand. I d'ont' kown if it should be the same managment (API = Admin would be more simple) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CRUD Backend is done in 1 day max now, before STRAPI it was 20 days Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

student
What do you like best?

Making an API service so easily and without much programming Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Honestly there is nothing to say about this. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Reduce the time needed for development Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Tech Mentor
What do you like best?

I really love the fast prototyping and API creation. Im using the Jamstack architecture and works fine. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Missing dashboard customatization and adaptability Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Im creating an ecommerce and educative platform Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Software Engineer
What do you like best?

Strapi offers a rich set of features and defaults to develop first-class applications quickly. Strapi grapqhql API, components, unique types and json type fields set this product apart from its competitors. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The docker image for production overpasses 1GB Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Saving development time building front-end applications Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

EC
What do you like best?

The simplicity of having a ready API solution out of the box. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Need more customization options which are for power users. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Cuts down the development time of building and structuring APIs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Vice President, Innovation
What do you like best?

Strapi is easy to get up and running quickly, even for the most junior developer. Its total cost of ownership is down to earth, especially as nearly all SaaS alternatives are overpriced. It has a solid API and has no artificial predefined limits. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

No sdks and new features develop slowly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Needed a blazing fast content management system at a scale that WordPress chokes and SaaS Headless CMS providers demand an exuberant amount of money. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Data Center Operations Technician
What do you like best?

Honestly just how easy it is to quickly start up your API and just start adding data. Going from basically nothing to a fully functional backend headless CMS in 5 to 10 minutes with not a single line of code is great! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Obviously new features take time, and the Strapi team is small. My main dislike actually has little to do with the team or product but the lack of outside contributors helping to make the project better. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Learn a little devops, it is a useful skill to have and you will need a little of it to setup SSL Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am using Strapi in a free and open source environment in a product that doesn't bring in any income, thus Strapi being free and open source was a huge benefit for us. Our API will be used by many other parties that need a solid standard query framework to pull our data, REST/GraphQL they both work great. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.