StatCounter Reviews & Product Details

StatCounter Overview

What is StatCounter?

StatCounter is a free yet reliable invisible web tracker, highly configurable hit counter and real-time detailed web stats.

StatCounter Details

StatCounter
1999
Dublin, Ireland
@statcounter
Description

A free yet reliable invisible web tracker, highly configurable hit counter and real-time detailed web stats.

StatCounter Screenshots

StatCounter Reviews

Showing 101 StatCounter reviews
Already have StatCounter?
Local Business Marketing Specialist
What do you like best?

It is pretty easy to use and provides you with very detailed information about your website's traffic.

I like the Visitor's Path, which allows you to follow your visitor's activity inside your website, this is very important so you can make decisions on how to improve your content.

Easy integration of the installation codes to any hosting platform with very comprehensive instructions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The bad thing is that is not 100% free. Well, nothing is free in this world, that's for sure.

But, if you decide to upgrade your account, I know you will be more than satisfied, as, for me, the free account gives you more than other "big" analytics out there. So it worth every penny. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

My advice would be that if you are looking for a fast, secure, and easy way to analyze your website traffic, then, Statcounter is your best option. After you use all their features you will definitely upgrade to unlock more Analytic Data Storage and Ads-free account. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Statcounter helps me to solve these problems:

1. Low budget for Analytics - especially when you are starting, it is hard to find reliable and detailed analytics.

2. Web Traffic - Statcounter's statistics information helps you to minimize traffic loss and, at the same time, maximize your traffic quality.

3. IP Blocking Cookie - Blocking your own IP visits is way easier and more reliable than any other. This is very important for every website owner, for it eliminates the "fake" views of your own, especially when you are updating a certain content, and like me, have to re-upload the changes and double-checking that your new content looks good, this can result in a massive "inflated traffic". Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Business Data Analyst
What do you like best?

It is a very easy-to-use tool, it provides very complete statistics, the statistics are useful for developing strategies, I like that we can see how long people are on a page, I also like the large amount of user information generated, the reports are quite detailed and complete, it is very useful to count statistics and visits, data can also be exported to other data analysis tools, you can also see paid traffic, it is ideal for daily monitoring of sites. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

As much as I search, I can't find anything that I can't like about StatCounter, it's easy to use and works very well, I really like this tool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is an excellent tool for web analysis, it is very complete and easy to use, it helps to develop better strategies to attract more consumers, I recommend using this great platform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

This platform has given me the ability to quickly add analytical capabilities to our websites, they also give us a broad perspective of visitor activity on our website pages, it helped us save a lot of time, we can easily apply the code to any page in just a few minutes, we also get many functions that help us manage our data, we were able to add the tracking code to all our pages. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Kitchen hand cum food preparation.
What do you like best?

Well, I used stat counter fpr my blog and way to go it is satisfying and gace good stats. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

the disadvantage Is it would not recognize that you have saw your blog and counted it in its counter. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just be careful to setup the stat counter on the website sometimes it may not work and you have to use another link. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I could see the results and views of my blog so it is really easy to analyze your website. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

StatCounter shows the behaviour of your website's visitors, i.e how much time they spent, where they coming from, which sites they visited and much more. The reporting system works really well, and in real time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The UI looks a little bit outdated, they could work and improve this part of the service. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is easy to setup and easy to navigate through. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Tracking of customer behaviour in order to improve the web presence and gain more visitors. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Is easy to use and they give a daily report Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The price, but I guess they have to gain their payment Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Analytics of my website Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Web Developer
What do you like best?

Statcounter is easy to sign up for and doesn't require an expensive monthly subscription to use like competing services out there. We can add the data generating functionality to our website within minutes and can start seeing data flowing quickly. The data covers many different aspects of website visits. We can create reports and import the data into more advanced analytical applications. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

For the price, I think it's hard to beat what Statcounter has to offer. I suppose some of the emails we've received from them were annoying, but that can be adjusted in your account. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

There aren't many website analytical tools that can do what Statcounter can at its price point, but if you are looking for a more advanced solution that can be integrated smoothly with your e-commerce and marketing platforms, then Statcounter might not be the best fit available. It's best value I think is saving money and giving its users adequate metrics. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Statcounter offers a fast way to obtain insightful website visitor data that can be used to understand what works and what doesn't with your website. We can use it along with marketing campaigns to see how contacts are responding after we send out emails or launch social media ad campaigns. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Marketing Manager
What do you like best?

The account dashboard has a nice and clean design that lets me access various data points with one click. The cost of using Statcounter can't be beat. We get lots of features that help us manage our analytics data and can create reports for easy export into other software like spreadsheet software. The tracking code responds very quickly to visitor traffic. We can get feedback quickly to help us hone our marketing campaigns and website designs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Statcounter has been a reliable website data tool that comes without high pricing like many other solutions, so I can't really see what there would be to dislike. Sure, we can probably get more features using a different analytics solution, but we'd either have to pay more or deal with a more complicated system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Statcounter is one of the simplest ways to get analytics data enabled on your website quickly. Though Google Analytics is also easy to use, I think Statcounter is more user friendly for people that aren't that comfortable with software that involves analytics data. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Statcounter lets us plug into the activity that occurs on our websites and provides profile information about our website visitors. We get to know things like the visitor's location, operation system and web browser. We also get to know how long they stay on certain pages and what pages they leave our website from. It's all very insightful for understanding how well our web page designs and content are being received. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Marketing Strategist
What do you like best?

Before using Statcounter, I used to think that getting website analytics would be some complicated thing that only more advanced web programmers would be able to implement. Statcounter has given me the ability to quickly add analytical capabilities to our websites and landing pages without hours or days of work. I like that the data starts getting calculated quickly and we can use the data to optimize our website experiences for our visitors. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There could be some more advanced reporting in Statcounter that allows us to crunch the numbers in a way that are more meaningful for us from a marketing viewpoint. I think that if we could have more integration options with other software to get a more complete picture of the website performance, that could probably make Statcounter better for business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would consider Statcounter to be one of the better website analytics tools to use right away since it's so easy to get installed. If you have a WordPress website, all you need to do is just install it into the header file as opposed to each page. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

By using Statcounter, we are able to get a valuable glimpse into our website visitors activities and get a better understanding of who our website are and what they're interested in. We can use this data to refine and adjust the content that we have on our websites. We can also get a better idea if there are any issues with performance from our web host. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Account Manager
What do you like best?

Installing Statcounter is one of the easiest things I've ever done involving website development. After signing up for our Statcounter account, which was very quick, we just had to copy a few lines of code from the Statcounter account and then paste it into the header file of our website. By pasting it into the header of our website, we were able to have the Statcounter code enabled for all of the pages generated by our content management system. The dashboard in Statcounter is laid out very well and allows us to look at all the data very quickly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I think it can be hard to understand what some of the data means and how to use it in a meaningful way for particular sales and marketing purposes. I think that the reporting features can be better in terms of the formatting and making the data make more sense for other business development scenarios. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I think Statcounter is one of the better website analytics tools that are available for all to use. You might also want to check out Google Analytics, which probably has more data and features. I think that Statcounter may be easier to manage though. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

When we use Statcounter, we are able to get an overview of the visitor data for our websites. We can use the Statcounter account for many different websites that we use that are either for business-to-business or consumer-facing. The metrics that we retrieve from our Statcounter account help us to understand how successful certain web page layouts and designs are and assist with calibrating marketing efforts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Lead Consultant
What do you like best?

Statcounter has many tools and data sets that give us a broad view perspective on visitor activity on our website pages. I have been in web design for over 10 years and Statcounter has been around for even longer than that, so I like that Statcounter has the longevity to exist and thrive in today's web world. The amount of data we regularly receive in Statcounter is great for such a low cost website analytics tool. It's very easy to install Statcounter and it can start working for us very quickly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I think that the customization options in Statcounter are not as expensive as in some other analytics platforms including Google Analytics and some higher cost premium solutions I've read about. I think the layout and design could be more updated in the mobile version as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

When starting out with Statcounter, I wouldn't put too much weight on the initial data your receive within the first month. The valuable of the data becomes more meaningful as you compile a larger data set over time. I think at least a few months of data is require to use for substantive reporting. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm able to learn much more about what's going on with visitor activity on our websites. We can tailor business and marketing campaigns, copy and website content based on the nature of our visitor reports. We can also export and format the data for general business insight and analytics reporting at meetings and for product development and event planning. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Web Producer
What do you like best?

It's very easy to sign up for a StatCounter account and add the code to websites. With very little work and cost, we can get great data about visitor traffic that gives us better insight into the quality of our designs and impact of our marketing campaigns. The data can be exported into other data analysis tools that we have for even more detailed examination. I like that StatCounter has been an analytics solution that has been available for many years. It's actually one of the first analytics tools I've ever heard about. Being around for so long makes me feel better about it being a quality service that is trusted and effective. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The data we get isn't always precise. We sometimes get page loads that are shown to occur in certain countries that we know they didn't load. I'll do a test load sometimes, but the triggered country is not the country I'm located in. Also, some of the more advanced features are difficult to work with. We usually have to stick with the basic user metrics since the advanced implementations of StatCounter can be faulty without the proper in-house programming specialists. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

StatCounter is a recommended analytics and metrics solution that can be easy to set up and manage. The account portal is relatively straightforward and not intimidating. I think that anyone can use if effectively on at least the basic levels. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use the data generated from StatCounter reports to get a better understanding of our visitor traffic and monitor the effectiveness of our marketing and ad campaigns. We know which pages and links are grabbing the most attention and can focus more on the areas that aren't getting traffic. We can also get an better understanding of the demographics that are engaging our websites and campaigns the most and disperse our future ad campaign funds in a more meaningful manner. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Marketing Manager
What do you like best?

The amount of tools that are available in Statcounter were more than I expected. We can track activity and gain insight into most common activities involved with loading websites. We can get information about web browsers used, visitor locations and pages visited. I also like that we can see how long people are on a page. Connecting the Statcounter code to our websites is as easy as it gets. We just do the typical code snippet insertion and everything is just about ready to go. About the company, I like that Statcounter has been in existence for many years and is trusted by many companies. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see more customization options and different layouts in the control panel. There are certain features that we prefer to focus, so it would be great to clean up the interface to only display features we're most interested in. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Compared to not using Statcounter, I don't see how you wouldn't improve your web design and online marketing campaigns by using Statcounter. It's certainly worth a try and doesn't take long to install and start testing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Statcounter has been a web traffic analytics tool that hasn't been complicated to use and has very few data errors that I'm aware of. We can get a more fact-based understanding of how effective our web page designs are and make adjustments where needed. We can also get insight into the demographics that we are and aren't attracting. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UG
What do you like best?

As a first-timer trying to figure out how well my blog was doing, Statcounter was especially helpful in helping me track everything about my audience and figuring out what content was popular and engaging to them. The stats are insightful into crafting strategies about what content to post and share. I was impressed with how much Statcounter was able to track, from website clicks to origins to popular links and even down to the demographic origins of my audience. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There was nothing in particular that I disliked about Statcounter. It's straight forward to use and offers all the information you could ever need. The last time I used it, the interface was visually a little boring so that would be the only suggestion I would make when improving it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Statcounter is great for people who are looking to track their followers in real-time and for the first time. It is very user-friendly and by far, the easiest tracking software I've used. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Trying to track audience engagement and catering social media content strategy to insights derived from it. The benefits I realized with Statcounter is getting to know my audience a little more, as I had no idea who or what was engaging with my posts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AE
What do you like best?

The stats provided are very concise, easily readable and clear. The best part is that the stats are updated in real time and can be checked minute by minute. Provides enough information regarding the visitor like which page they stay on the most and which page they exit on. Much better than google analytics in every aspect except for the attractive but superfluous facilities Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

If you want to see some specific statistics then u will have to purchase monthly plan and also it is not as attractive as google analytics but still a very good product Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Worth using if you want to get clear and concise data and with better organization of ur group and if you would like to try something else than Google analytics Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Using statcounter on TU Clausthal student portal to see the daily traffic of the students on portal and which pages the students stay the most on and to find about page popularity. The benefits are clear as data is easily readable and very clear Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Lead UI/UX Developer & Backend Tech Support Engineer
What do you like best?

Good application to help track of your users. Detailed information of data about visit times, pages views and device information Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Stat counter is limited as compared to its major competitor, google analytics, which is completely free Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

This quick process allows you to see what pages are being viewed, how long they are being viewed, and what is actually working and attracting people Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Marketing Manager
What do you like best?

The amount of data we get from StatCounter is almost more than we can ask for. The price is incredibly low and the data we get makes it a super value. I like how straightforward the installation process is. We don't need an IT person or any other web or computer staff member to jump in to help. We can easily apply the code to any page in just a few steps. I like being able to pull up the data I'm interested in and create custom reports with them. The amount of detail we get about user visits is very thorough. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I think if I really had to complain, I think the layout and general design of StatCounter can use some updating. The look of the website has been the same for a while and it doesn't really go along with the current web style I see in many top business software these days. If it can follow the general structure of Google software pages, that could be a good start. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

StatCounter is one of several top web metrics tools, but it's one that I've used for a while and am comfortable with. I'd suggest trying out a few since they are generally low cost, and see which one your most comfortable with using. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

By using StatCounter, we get a wealth of valuable metrics on website visitors that we can use to gain insight on ad campaign and page design effectiveness. It helps us to get an immediate look at interactions taking place so that, if needed, we can make updates as soon as possible. I often use much of the data obtained through StatCounter in reports that I can go over with clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Account Manager
What do you like best?

The best things about StatCounter are it's ease of installation, quality and breadth of website visitor data, and reporting capabilities. It doesn't take a programming professional to get StatCounter linked up with your website. We simply have to apply a piece of code to a section in our web pages and we're good to go. StatCounter has clear instructions on how to do this, so there's little need to worry about getting confused or installing it correctly. We're also given instructions on how to test that it's working. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The user interface is nice, but I think it could be more modern and user-friendly. I like the look of the Google Analytics user interface. StatCounter can probably do a better job at organizing their data in a more streamlined way so I can select the metrics I want to show more precisely. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I think the two best web analytics tools are StatCounter and Google Analytics. You should start your analytics tool search by checking out both of those to see which one works best for your needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

With StatCounter, I'm able to have substantial insight into the website visitor activity of websites and specific web pages. I can learn about pages that have high or low traffic and see where traffic is coming from in terms of linking from other pages and websites. I can also see where traffic is coming from in terms of a visitor's geographic location, which is great for analyzing targeted marketing campaigns. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

This application was super helpful and effective. It helped save a bunch of time and was a great resource. This website makes hard tasks so much easier. I love how simple the website design is. The website is designed to have an easy ease of use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It was hard to collaborate with others and work in a big group using the program Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a great tool to use and my team loves it. It helps make challenging tasks easier especially for analysis Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

This program as helped to analyze and interpret data that we have collected and email reporting Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Web Producer
What do you like best?

The amount of data we can obtain through our Statcounter account is quite amazing. We can see very detailed information about our visitors such as their country, amount of time they spend on each page, and their exit links. Getting Statcounter activated on our website was easy. Statcounter gave us simple and clear instructions on what to do. We were able to add the tracking code to all of our pages within minutes. I like the reporting capabilities that allow us to single out specific information that is most meaningful to us. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I can't point out anything significant I dislike about Statcounter. The only negative issue I had with them overall wasn't actually with the software, but with their support team. I wasn't able to get a response from them for a long time. It doesn't seem like their support team is large and respond to inquiries quickly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Statcounter has been a major player in the web analytics game for many years and I think you'll see why if you try them out. I think if you're looking for a wealth of data with a tool that's easy to manage, then Statcounter is a very good way to go. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We're basically able to have an automated web metrics solution with Statcounter. We can know on any given day how our web pages are doing in terms of traffic and can make adjustments to designs, layouts and promotions to help improve the pages that may be lacking. We can also get a better idea of how our marketing efforts are performing and the audiences that are visiting us as a result. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

customer service representative
What do you like best?

It is a great website that helps you know who are visiting your website and what they are looking for. It also allows you to have a bit of conversation with them so that you can provide the best option for them so that you can change them into loyal customers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It is very reasonable and very useful platform so a a big thumbs up to it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Its basic plan is totally free which makes you utilize its basic features which helps you in making decision. The other plan is also affordable which allows many people to try it as well. Its features are amazing even very user-friendly which anyone can understand. It works fast so saves your quality and helps you in increasing your business so it is very cool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It is an excellent solution which makes you collaborate with so many other platforms and helps you in the increase of your sales. It tracks the users who are visiting your website, tells you about their location and also makes your aware about what they are looking for. It helps you increase your web traffic and opens amazing wealth opportunities for make and making them happy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Account Executive
What do you like best?

I like the extensive amount of user information generated from Statcounter. There aren't a ton of complicated steps required to get Statcounter set up on our website. We just need to add a simple piece of code and configure some data in our Statcounter account. It's shockingly simple. There is quite of bit of data in the account that can give us a wide perspective of the user activity on our websites. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Statcounter has given us a wide range of insight into user activity on our websites. It has helped us for monitoring the effectiveness of marketing activities and to improve the the design of certain web pages. Managing the account has generally been easy and doesn't cut into anyone's overall work time much. Several people in my department can go in and retrieve data to generate reports and run tests without issue. The data we use from Statcounter has been helpful for arranging new business presentations and client-related communications. We can present data to clients that help to measure the success of ad and email marketing campaigns we run for them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Statcounter is good platform for user-friendly website analytics. Keep in mind that you may have to let the Statcounter obtain website traffic data over months to get a clear understanding of user activity. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Research Specialist
What do you like best?

Adding the StatCounter tracking code to our web pages is very straightforward. We're given the code during the sign up process along with easy instructions. The data in StatCounter is tremendous and easy to understand. We can get complete details on user activity and profiles including their browser information, locations, pages visited, duration of visits and lots more. StatCounter offers simple ways for us to be informed about visitor activity including email updates and generated reports. They also provide helpful tools for analyzing ideal keywords we can use for search engine optimization. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is a limit to how much log space we have each month. The pricing is generally high for a service that is quite similar to free services offered elsewhere. The customer service is usually easy to get a hold of, but they often don't provide helpful suggestions for our particular implementations and campaigns. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

StatCounter is probably one of the better website visitor tracking tools for users with little technical computing knowledge. The terminology used on in the control panel is easy to understand and follow. I feel that it's a tracking solution that small and large companies can benefit from. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

StatCounter provides us with a simple way to track user activity and monitor the effectiveness of ad campaigns. We can view usage data and focus our efforts on refining underperforming pages. We can also use StatCounter to pinpoint pages that are doing well and try to apply some elements of those pages to other pages. Overall, StatCounter gives us a more complete view of the visitor activity on our websites with data that's easy to understand. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Account Executive
What do you like best?

The set up process is surprisingly easy. We are essentially just given an automatically generated code that we can simply add to our website. The code is generated during the signup process, which makes everything feel streamlined and efficient. The dashboards display a full range of information about visitor clicks, page view duration, locations and more. The platform overall is simple enough for a novice use to feel comfortable using, yet powerful enough for more advanced users. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There could easily be some confusion regarding the tracking code activation when it comes to websites with dynamically generated pages. Understanding what the data means and how it can be leveraged into positive actions can take some time to figure out. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I think StatCounter is a reputable website stats tool that can add value to any website and organization. I would recommend making the counter invisible so that visitor activity can be tracked in the background and not feel like their being watched, so to speak. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I've benefited mostly by receiving visitor activity data for websites I manage. The data can be used to analyze the effectiveness of marketing campaigns and the reach of particular web pages. We have a better understanding of how to optimize the design and functionality of certain web pages. Getting set up was easy and allowed us to avoid dealing with overly technical programming processes that I think we're bound to mess up. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AN
What do you like best?

I like the large amount of options on checking who visits your website, where they are from, how they got there etc. I also like the simplicity of the using statcounter, most things are easy to understand and provide information with one click. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it can stop working for no reason whatsoever so I have had to reinstall the code, however that may be due to the hosting rather than Statcounter itself. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It helps provide insight into what kind of audience my website is reaching. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.