Do you work for StatCounter?

StatCounter Reviews & Product Details

What is StatCounter?

StatCounter is a free yet reliable invisible web tracker, highly configurable hit counter and real-time detailed web stats.

StatCounter Screenshots

StatCounter Profile Details

StatCounter Profile Details

StatCounter
Description
A free yet reliable invisible web tracker, highly configurable hit counter and real-time detailed web stats.
1999

StatCounter Reviews

1-50 of 85 total StatCounter reviews

StatCounter Reviews

1-50 of 85 total StatCounter reviews
StatCounter review by Damian C.
Marketing Manager

"Fantastic web metrics tool with extensive options"

What do you like best?

The amount of data we get from StatCounter is almost more than we can ask for. The price is incredibly low and the data we get makes it a super value. I like how straightforward the installation process is. We don't need an IT person or any other web or computer staff member to jump in to help. We can easily apply the code to any page in just a few steps. I like being able to pull up the data I'm interested in and create custom reports with them. The amount of detail we get about user visits is very thorough.

What do you dislike?

I think if I really had to complain, I think the layout and general design of StatCounter can use some updating. The look of the website has been the same for a while and it doesn't really go along with the current web style I see in many top business software these days. If it can follow the general structure of Google software pages, that could be a good start.

Recommendations to others considering the product

StatCounter is one of several top web metrics tools, but it's one that I've used for a while and am comfortable with. I'd suggest trying out a few since they are generally low cost, and see which one your most comfortable with using.

By using StatCounter, we get a wealth of valuable metrics on website visitors that we can use to gain insight on ad campaign and page design effectiveness. It helps us to get an immediate look at interactions taking place so that, if needed, we can make updates as soon as possible. I often use much of the data obtained through StatCounter in reports that I can go over with clients.

StatCounter review by Lucas G.
Account Manager

"StatCounter has incredibly detailed web visitor stats"

What do you like best?

The best things about StatCounter are it's ease of installation, quality and breadth of website visitor data, and reporting capabilities. It doesn't take a programming professional to get StatCounter linked up with your website. We simply have to apply a piece of code to a section in our web pages and we're good to go. StatCounter has clear instructions on how to do this, so there's little need to worry about getting confused or installing it correctly. We're also given instructions on how to test that it's working.

What do you dislike?

The user interface is nice, but I think it could be more modern and user-friendly. I like the look of the Google Analytics user interface. StatCounter can probably do a better job at organizing their data in a more streamlined way so I can select the metrics I want to show more precisely.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think the two best web analytics tools are StatCounter and Google Analytics. You should start your analytics tool search by checking out both of those to see which one works best for your needs.

With StatCounter, I'm able to have substantial insight into the website visitor activity of websites and specific web pages. I can learn about pages that have high or low traffic and see where traffic is coming from in terms of linking from other pages and websites. I can also see where traffic is coming from in terms of a visitor's geographic location, which is great for analyzing targeted marketing campaigns.

StatCounter review by Kyle M.
Web Producer

"Gives us a full range of web analytics with simple installation"

What do you like best?

The amount of data we can obtain through our Statcounter account is quite amazing. We can see very detailed information about our visitors such as their country, amount of time they spend on each page, and their exit links. Getting Statcounter activated on our website was easy. Statcounter gave us simple and clear instructions on what to do. We were able to add the tracking code to all of our pages within minutes. I like the reporting capabilities that allow us to single out specific information that is most meaningful to us.

What do you dislike?

I can't point out anything significant I dislike about Statcounter. The only negative issue I had with them overall wasn't actually with the software, but with their support team. I wasn't able to get a response from them for a long time. It doesn't seem like their support team is large and respond to inquiries quickly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Statcounter has been a major player in the web analytics game for many years and I think you'll see why if you try them out. I think if you're looking for a wealth of data with a tool that's easy to manage, then Statcounter is a very good way to go.

We're basically able to have an automated web metrics solution with Statcounter. We can know on any given day how our web pages are doing in terms of traffic and can make adjustments to designs, layouts and promotions to help improve the pages that may be lacking. We can also get a better idea of how our marketing efforts are performing and the audiences that are visiting us as a result.

StatCounter review by Keith B.
Account Executive

"A highly detailed web analytics solution"

What do you like best?

I like the extensive amount of user information generated from Statcounter. There aren't a ton of complicated steps required to get Statcounter set up on our website. We just need to add a simple piece of code and configure some data in our Statcounter account. It's shockingly simple. There is quite of bit of data in the account that can give us a wide perspective of the user activity on our websites.

What do you dislike?

Statcounter has given us a wide range of insight into user activity on our websites. It has helped us for monitoring the effectiveness of marketing activities and to improve the the design of certain web pages. Managing the account has generally been easy and doesn't cut into anyone's overall work time much. Several people in my department can go in and retrieve data to generate reports and run tests without issue. The data we use from Statcounter has been helpful for arranging new business presentations and client-related communications. We can present data to clients that help to measure the success of ad and email marketing campaigns we run for them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Statcounter is good platform for user-friendly website analytics. Keep in mind that you may have to let the Statcounter obtain website traffic data over months to get a clear understanding of user activity.

StatCounter review by Martin H.
Research Specialist

"Detailed vistor analytics from a user-friendly platform"

What do you like best?

Adding the StatCounter tracking code to our web pages is very straightforward. We're given the code during the sign up process along with easy instructions. The data in StatCounter is tremendous and easy to understand. We can get complete details on user activity and profiles including their browser information, locations, pages visited, duration of visits and lots more. StatCounter offers simple ways for us to be informed about visitor activity including email updates and generated reports. They also provide helpful tools for analyzing ideal keywords we can use for search engine optimization.

What do you dislike?

There is a limit to how much log space we have each month. The pricing is generally high for a service that is quite similar to free services offered elsewhere. The customer service is usually easy to get a hold of, but they often don't provide helpful suggestions for our particular implementations and campaigns.

Recommendations to others considering the product

StatCounter is probably one of the better website visitor tracking tools for users with little technical computing knowledge. The terminology used on in the control panel is easy to understand and follow. I feel that it's a tracking solution that small and large companies can benefit from.

StatCounter provides us with a simple way to track user activity and monitor the effectiveness of ad campaigns. We can view usage data and focus our efforts on refining underperforming pages. We can also use StatCounter to pinpoint pages that are doing well and try to apply some elements of those pages to other pages. Overall, StatCounter gives us a more complete view of the visitor activity on our websites with data that's easy to understand.

StatCounter review by Joseph N.
Account Executive

"Gives me a wealth of data with very little effort"

What do you like best?

The set up process is surprisingly easy. We are essentially just given an automatically generated code that we can simply add to our website. The code is generated during the signup process, which makes everything feel streamlined and efficient. The dashboards display a full range of information about visitor clicks, page view duration, locations and more. The platform overall is simple enough for a novice use to feel comfortable using, yet powerful enough for more advanced users.

What do you dislike?

There could easily be some confusion regarding the tracking code activation when it comes to websites with dynamically generated pages. Understanding what the data means and how it can be leveraged into positive actions can take some time to figure out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think StatCounter is a reputable website stats tool that can add value to any website and organization. I would recommend making the counter invisible so that visitor activity can be tracked in the background and not feel like their being watched, so to speak.

I've benefited mostly by receiving visitor activity data for websites I manage. The data can be used to analyze the effectiveness of marketing campaigns and the reach of particular web pages. We have a better understanding of how to optimize the design and functionality of certain web pages. Getting set up was easy and allowed us to avoid dealing with overly technical programming processes that I think we're bound to mess up.

StatCounter review by Dennis B.
Marketing Associate

" Statcounter gives us meaningful website visitor insight"

What do you like best?

When we got started with using Statcounter, the installation experience was surprisingly simple. The system started working and recognizing data very quickly. I was amazed at the amount of data that came through such as visitor locations, pages visited and even web browser information. The way the visitor data is displayed is clean and spaced neatly so we can access information without very little confusion. We can use Statcounter on multiple web properties and create reports to include specific items of interest.

What do you dislike?

Statcounter has basically provided us with all of the information we look to gather regarding website visits. I haven't yet experienced any poor performance issues. However, it seems that one of the main tools companies use these days is Google Analytics, so integrations tend to be tailored more for Google Analytics than Statcounter.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Statcounter has been an effective website metrics tool for us and many other companies that I've read about, so I don't see how your website and marketing needs can't benefit from using it. I think if you tried it out for a year or so, you'll definitely be able to compile a wealth of useful data.

We are able to receive regular website visitor data statistics and metrics to help give us insight into conversions and web page engagement. Statcounter provides us with a quick way to generate visitor data reports that we can use for meetings, marketing reports and brainstorming sessions. We have been able to have more effective social media marketing campaigns and sales conversions within our e-commerce pages.

StatCounter review by Kevin M.
Real Estate Agent

"One of the best web analytics solutions"

What do you like best?

It is an excellent tool that assist you in detailed information from the amount of user. It just requires a simple piece of code and gives you a detailed amount of information about the user.

What do you dislike?

I like this application a lot as it is very easy to use so good for usage and no issues have been found in it yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The data which this software gives helps you in making good marketing campaigns as it tells about the users demand and requirement. Helps you in making a specific design and functionality for web pages. It is easy in usage with good vitality. Installation is quick and fast. Thus it is very user- friendly and time saving.

This application allows us to get the details of the user profiles that includes their browser information, location, pages that have been visited, duration of visits and many other. It is very simple, uncomplex and easy to understand. The visitor activity involves the emails updation and generated reports.

StatCounter review by Christian C.
★ Digital Marketing Architect, Author, Speaker

"The best FREE Analytics for your website"

What do you like best?

StatCounter provides easy to find and understand stats within a click. I love that I can log in and get right to Recent Visitor Activity and see immediately the information that I need about visitors to the website.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a more comprehensive email report feature such as a PDF report, or something comparable to what Google Analytics offers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

StatCounter is a simple yet powerful addition to whatever analytics tools you're using for the primary purpose of sharing with clients. It's also a good comparison when running simultaneous or side-by-side reports in other analytics systems.

I utilize StatCounter on every website that I launch and it helps clients understand what and who their website traffic is, where they come from and what path's the visitors are taking in their website. The ease of use and understanding make it ideal for clients at any level, in contrast to Google Analytics that take a little more of a learning curve to understand.

StatCounter review by Katy P.
Fitness Intructor

"A good tool to keep you track of your users."

What do you like best?

It is a good application that helps you in keeping track of your users and consumers. It gives you a detailed report about the user with simple coding which is great. It is also very simple and uncomplex. Gives you an extensive note about the user activity on the website.

What do you dislike?

Till now I have not found any issues with it. I have found it to be the best analytical tool so far.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is an excellent and very satisfactory analytical tool which is very easy to install. It is also very affordable being % dollars a month. The features of the software are very comprehensible thus making it easier for use and becoming pro in it easily. As the software keeps you the details of the users who are visiting your websites it helps you progress in your business thus it is a must try.

It is a great tool that helps us to note the users requirement and activity. Has helped in marketing analysis and make better strategies to attract more consumers. It has also assisted in making better web pages. It has also assisted in making good presentations that meets today's market requirement and also keep the clients satisfied

StatCounter review by Peter G.
Account Manager

"Easy setup and very insightful website visitor data"

What do you like best?

The data we get from our Statcounter is very detailed and can help us to get a complete picture of the visitor activity from our websites. The account control panel is filled with lots of sections that can give us data and charts related to visitor location, time spent on certain pages, exit and entry links, and tons more. I like how easy it is to install the Statcounter code in our websites. Since we have a header that appears in most all of our pages on each website, we simply had to add the tracking code snippet to the one header file. How can you not like that? It was also remarkable that the information started registering right away in our account.

What do you dislike?

It's not a huge deal, but I don't like the risk of having our visitor traffic information on a website that can potentially have its data compromised. I would rather the information be stored locally and removed from any type of website or cloud storage. About the Statcounter platform itself, some of the data can be from bots and or parties that aren't actually interested in our website, so some of the data might not contribute to providing an accurate view of your website visitors as a whole.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're running website with the intent of drawing traffic to specific pages and content, it can be very helpful to use Statcounter as tool to measure your current activity and activity following promotional activities. Without a tool like Statcounter, you'll largely be in the dark and only speculative of how engaging your website pages actually are.

Statcounter has given us substantial insight into our website visitor activity. We can know which pages are getting the most views and know how long people are on certain pages. That allows us to gauge the effectiveness of certain communications like email blasts and social media posts that direct users to certain pages. It also lets us know where user go once they arrive to a certain page, such as our home page. We can modify the design and placements of certain web elements to improve the effectiveness of action points on pages.

StatCounter review by Melvin G.
Business Development Manager

"Obtains valuable website visitor without much hassle"

What do you like best?

It doesn't take very long to get started with StatCounter. Overall, it's not that hard to hard for most of us to use. The reporting is quite details and thorough with data about visit times, pages viewed and device information. The reports can be generated with custom specifications. We can also monitor traffic in the moment.

What do you dislike?

Some of the traffic information isn't very precise. We tested some visits locally and found that information will occasionally be inaccurate. There isn't a ton of information that can help us pin down more specific information about the visitors regarding demographics and other marketing-related data. The control panel design is a bit dated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Though you may go through some confusing issues when setting up the software, it can make your lead appointment scheduling more streamlined and effective. You may find that the software makes the scheduling process easier for your leads, which could lead to more appointments and possibly sales conversions.

StatCounter provides us with a good amount of website visitor data that we can use to improve sales, marketing and design activities. It's easy for most of our staff to use and doesn't require a huge learning process to get started and use efficiently. There are also many online resources that can help us to maximize the effectiveness of the platform. Installing the code is easy and has allowed us to get user data quickly for most of our websites.

StatCounter review by carlos alfredo g.
Empleado

"excellent tool I recommend it"

What do you like best?

It is very simple and easy to use this tool, it is possible to integrate adwords campaigns. I do not require a very high investment for my small business

What do you dislike?

the bad thing about this tool is that the control panel is a bit confusing and the presentation of the tool is not attractive and the tool is free up to a certain limit of visits per month of the web

I have had many benefits utlizando statcounter has saved me time and money since I do not need a large investment to be able to start using this excellent tool I recommend it

StatCounter review by Melanie H.
Prepress Technician
Design

"Nice analytics"

What do you like best?

I get a wide scope about the audience that's viewing my website--even for the free edition. I can even . see GPS positions of the people who look at my website and I feel like I can garner a lot more of the personality of the people looking at me.

What do you dislike?

The free version only store a certain amount of data, so

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good free version. Helpful for determining analytics for any website. Detailed information. I'd recommend it.

I can really see who's viewing my website which allows me to tailor things to my viewers more than if I had to just guess at the general population.

StatCounter review by Mark R.
Social Media Marketing Manager
Banking

"StatCounter is an Ineffective Digital Analytics Tool. "

What do you like best?

StatCounter had an attracting user design, with very interesting themes that made it look awesome. Again, StatCounter took less time to implement, and lastly, the response from the customer support group was amazing.

What do you dislike?

StatCounter lacked the authenticity and reliability. One, the software performed its role very slowly, and also, its results were not as much as accurate as those of Google Analytics. Again, when the traffic on a website get too high, StatCounter crushes on and fails to offer accurate report.

Recommendations to others considering the product

StatCounter might end up disappointing you. I would suggest that you conduct a solid market evaluation and come up with the correct digital analytical tool.

We employed StatCounter in our system for tracking our traffic, and analyzing the visits that our website had. The purpose for this was to discover our customers' insight on our enterprise.

StatCounter review by Marco D.
Webmaster | SEO | Super Affiliate

"A Very Good Analytics Tool"

What do you like best?

I like how simple it is to read the data that otherwise would be harder to read on google analytics!

The app also is very simple and the 'visitors' path table is very clear and good!

If you have a website you need to install statcounter on it!

What do you dislike?

I don't like a lot the design of the website and app, it looks like very old software, it does the job very good but some people might go back to other platforms when they see the design!

I am able to see important details about my visitors!

StatCounter review by User

"A great tool for websites and blogs statistics"

What do you like best?

The way information is shown makes easy decision making regarding keywords enhancement and marketing strategies according to peak users number along the week and even daily hours.

What do you dislike?

The free version has too many hidden keywords, thus even when a given word is among the top 5 keywords on Google, the user is not able to know what word or search string is.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a good way to have easy to implement website stats. The free version is very complete and provide enough information for startups to begin a well supported marketing campaign.

StatCounter allows access to fast, easy, reliable stats allowing to design marketing campaigns on a very comprehensive way. The major benefit comes from its easy to install code and accurate stats.

StatCounter review by jesus g.
gerente

"excellent application I recommend it"

What do you like best?

I really like this software because it contains a simple analysis, the tool is free up to a certain number of visits to the web and it is also possible to integrate adwords campaigns

What do you dislike?

The bad thing about this software is that the control panel is a bit confusing and the presentation of the unattractive tool

I have had many benefits using this software since it helps me with web traffic analysis and so I can keep track of my visits every month

StatCounter review by Time and Eternity .
Time and Eternity
Professional Training & Coaching

"Excellent program to stay aware of where things are. "

What do you like best?

This program is simple to use and integrate. It has several features that allow you to adjust the appearances and functions that are used. The integration can be done in under 30 seconds. This quick process allows you to see what pages are being viewed, how long they are being viewed, and what is actually working and attracting people. If you have a video on a page, it allows you to see an average of time on that page so you can tell quickly if the video is actually being fully seen or just pieces of it.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see additional functions added that would allow more specific tracking. A feature that would allow marketing from this would be helpful. This would allow us to use this knowledge with better efficiency. The tracker itself does a great job giving data, but help in converting that data to sells or retention would be beneficial.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This program is a great addition to any business. It seamlessly integrates into your website in a matter of seconds and can be hidden if you prefer. It allows you to see how active your website really is.

This program allows me to see what areas of the US and International areas are active on our sites and how we can engage them better. It emails me weekly to let me know where things stand and what I need to work on.

StatCounter review by George B.
COO

"Easy Analytics & Great Reporting, Says Paying Customer of 10+ Years"

What do you like best?

StatCounter works on every platform I've ever used it on and as a great daily exception management reporting tool.

Being able to zero in a particular user and see how that person interacted with the website in nearly real time is invaluable. That feature makes StatCounter more than an analytics package. It can actually inform on campaign or usability issues.

What do you dislike?

The daily reporting is great, but seems to carryover some data.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I always want two analytics programs on a site. Their data never exactly matches, but the difference should be consistent. And if one platform has a failure, the other is still collecting data.

The reports for client sites and our sites arrive at 1 a.m. local time. That makes it ideal for us to look at first thing in the morning and note any traffic spikes or see other traffic concerns at a glance.

Plus viewing specific visitor paths is one of the great features that help explain the numbers.

StatCounter review by Roberto G.
Marketing and Business Development, Temporary Manager

"Best alternative to Google Analytics"

What do you like best?

Powerful but yet simple to use. No need to set up a dashboard to get the info you need to monitor your website.

What do you dislike?

The need to use a plugin for wordpress. I am using already too many plugins in wordpress.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make a comparison with the effort required to obtain the same report with Google Analytics.

Monitor my social activity. I have been able to easily understand what social profile is sending more visit to my websites. I didn't need to create a dashboard to monitor the relevant metrics for my business. It is immediately clear which pages or post are accessed and the keywords used by the user (when available)

StatCounter review by Phil M.
Principal Owner
Arts and Crafts

"great web tracker for site and it's free!"

What do you like best?

gives comprehensive analysis of site traffic

What do you dislike?

at times it seems too comprehensive for my needs

Recommendations to others considering the product

try it free before you increase the log size

I use it more for tracking than analysis. At times it's useful to know if a potential customer has been to my site and what they have looked at. Since I have most of my important pages linked to StatCounter, I can see recent activity by location. While it doesn't identify particular viewers, I can often infer who it was.

Other things like keyword analysis would be more useful if I were into SEO, but I don't use my site to generate loads of business. I use it more as an online portfolio.

StatCounter review by Janet G.
Illinois

"StatCounter the easy alternative to Google Analytics"

What do you like best?

It's a free tool which is best to start with website visitor analysis and it gives detailed reports for location, browser and time.

What do you dislike?

For the free version data logging is limited to two weeks, which requires manual pulling of the data (CSV or excel formats) on a regular basis which can become tedious.

StatCounter is helping with the analysis of website visitors. We are using StatCounter in the last 4 years to count visitors and to know our website visitors' activities. StatCounter is a free tool. We have to add javascript code from StatCounter to our website. With the help of that, StatCounter gives us data of our website visitors.

StatCounter review by Anna F.
Freelance Writer
Newspapers
(Myself Only)

"Godd basic traffic reports that are emailed to you"

What do you like best?

I like the basic click counter which you get for free. You can make your stats public by using the free dynamic widget. You can even have traffic reports sent to you regularly (daily, weekly, monthly). Other than that the tool is pretty basic. I use it for my hobby blogspot blog. The public statcount works well for attracting advertisers. The free email reports save time and you can always install Google Analytics or Piwik to dig deeper from time to time. I use daily alerts because they allow me to quickly spot a good trend in case any of my blog posts get picked up by social media. The email alerts help to quickly spot traffic boosts to help my content spread even more

What do you dislike?

It's hard to find faults with a free tool that is supposed to be quite basic. It does its job well but for indepth reports you'll need to use additional software

Recommendations to others considering the product

The free version makes it easy to test the tool. So give it a try!

Saves time monitoring traffic fluctuations. Public stats counter is what I am using it for but it only works if you have something impressive to show!

StatCounter review by Hemant M.
Works

"Free and Excellent web traffic tracker with basic features"

What do you like best?

Easy Panel and options to view reports and URL tracking. It can give location wise reports for visitors. Path information reports of visitors is quite informative. Recently it got updated with new interface which is attractive.

What do you dislike?

Overall its good. Javascript Installation code shows UN-structured for SEO purpose. Also its a basic tracker with just basic features and reports.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for basic visitor tracking for traffic tracking you can go for it.

We have installed for webbased pages to track traffic and visitors. We monitor visitor activities using statcounter.

StatCounter review by Roberto D.
Web designer/Webmaster

"A useful tool for monitoring visitors' behavior"

What do you like best?

I thinks the functionality of Visitor Paths is amazing: you can see the exact behavior of a visitor in your website, page for page, second for second.

What do you dislike?

In the free version, the log is very short in time for a visited website.

I have been used StatCounter to control the pages that visitors see.

StatCounter review by Meredith J.
Virtual Assistant

"Great insight to website stats, without a lot of fuss"

What do you like best?

Easy to use and easy to install. Free service is great! So much easier to use than other analytics options.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were still a way to see Google search terms, but this is a limitation from Google, not StatCounter from my understanding.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The free service of StatCounter is great. There are additional features you can purchase, however you won't lose anything by giving StatCounter a try!

It's important to know what kind of impact you are having with your web work. With StatCounter, I can see how many visits my sites are getting, where the visits are coming from, etc... Analytics taken care of!

StatCounter review by Mackie S.
Assistant Store Manager
Retail

"StatCounter Review"

What do you like best?

I love the idea of StatCounter. Installing the javascript code into your companies website is so simple and so effective

What do you dislike?

The only part I am a bit iffy about is how stat counter has access to all of company confidential website material.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out. Great for seeing trends and growing business.

We are able to view who is visiting our site in real time. It helps to figure out what trends customers are seeing, and responding to.

StatCounter review by User in Publishing

"StatCounter is a great free tool "

What do you like best?

It shows you who visited your site, how they got there, and even what city they are from. You can also view paid traffic, hourly visits, entry and exit pages, bounce rate, and keyword analysis. Really, this service offers everything that more expensive stat services offer, and in a user friendly format.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really. It's great. I don't really have any problems with this service at all.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great tool! You can try the free version first to make sure it's what you want, which it will likely be. :)

SEO and tracking who visits a website and how often a website gets visits.

StatCounter review by Marco C.
Fondatore, CEO e Direttore Scientifico
Professional Training & Coaching

"Cool and easy. Definitely easier than Google Analytics"

What do you like best?

I've been using Statcounter for years and I'm so happy about it. It's a lot easier than the well-known Google Analytics but it's still powerfull.

What do you dislike?

Too much ads in the free version. It gets a mess.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use more than one analytics solution if you need but keep counting with statcounter!

Keep tracking of web projects stats without G Analytics

StatCounter review by Michael L.
Marc Hershman Marine Policy Fellow at the Washington State Department of Ecology
Environmental Services

"Questionable Value"

What do you like best?

StatCounter presents analytic information in a fairly intuitive and user friendly manner (easy to quickly skim information and know how things are going on your website).

What do you dislike?

The tool is a bit of a hassle to install on different pages, and generally doesn't seem to offer anything that google analytics lacks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely evaluate your alternatives (namely google analytics) before selecting StatCounter. I can't help but question its value, and the time it takes to setup initially is a fairly significant obstacle (especially if you are managing a website with numerous pages). At the end of the day, google analytics does pretty much the same thing without the setup time.

I use StatCounter to track information about attendance to a website I manage for my work, including how they find the website, what pages, they visit, their navigation paths, the amount of time spent on different pages, etc.

StatCounter review by Consultant

"Agregar nuevas dimensiones a las estadísticas "

What do you like best?

Utilizo la herramienta StatCounter en mis investigaciones y clases de Postagrado. Realmente una herramienta que apoya en las investigaciones de mercado, tanto en las empresas como para los emprendedores.

What do you dislike?

Me parece que deben agregar otras dimensiones estadísticas, específicamente en tema de social media. ;Muestran las horas de conexión de las redes sociales por pais por mes, pero es necesario conocer otras métricas adicionales en la misma plataforma.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Añadir nuevas dimensiones en las estadísticas de social media.

Apoya en la investigación de mercado para consolidar el Plan de marketing digital, para diversas empresas en varios ámbitos. Las estadísticas que muestran ayudan a elaborar el análisis de entorno como primera fase. .

StatCounter review by Jayden M.
Project Administrator

"StatCounter in SME is a great investment. "

What do you like best?

I like that StatCounter has all the features for digital analytics in one place.

StatCounter has a great UI/UX.

It's affordable to obtain and implement StatCounter.

What do you dislike?

I rarely come across challenges while using StatCounter hence, i do not have even a single thing to dislike about it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I use StatCounter to analyze digital analtics in one place.

Cost and time tracking.

Standard event tracking.

Custom event tracking.

StatCounter review by Chris B.
Owner/Website Developer
Internet

"Great for simple visitor tracking"

What do you like best?

StatCounter is easy to use and install on Joomla websites. Just insert a few lines of code on each page of the website.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that it sometimes stops working for no apparent reason.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Some people prefer Google Analytics, but quite honestly, that's much more than I need to know about my website visitors. I just like to know which pages they visit, where they come from, and how they found my websites.

Trying to get more clients is tough.

StatCounter review by User in Internet

"A great alternative tool for web analytics"

What do you like best?

As a SEO and SEM analyst, on a daily basis, I have to track websites and provide reports to my clients that paid for that service. The first thing that you might have in mind would be a solution like Google Analytics, which is good, but sometimes you just need to double track or to get more info and cross-compare the results from different platforms. That were StatCounter comes very handy, not only is has most of the features available on Google Analytics but it's also free and you can always upgrade your account for a more complete version. This is great for non technical users, users with basic technical skills regarding web development like myself and for web developers.

What do you dislike?

The user interface could be a little more fresh, it kinda looks like it's a tool from 1998 but in the end it's more important than functionality than the look of the tool.

Besides that, it's a shame that you have to upgrade your account to a paid plan in order to use the StatCounter API which the web developers will always ask you for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Since I'm a basic / medium technical skilled user I would say there's not much to know. If you have worked with CMS platforms or with web tools like Google Analytics in the past then you should be fine. If now, you can always get the help of a web developer.

Since I'm a SEO and SEM analyst, I have to keep track of many websites. I have used this solution combined with a couple more available to track and generate reports for myself and my clients.

It's a big plus the fact that this tool, sometimes and if properly used, can give you additional info than the one you would find by merly using Google Analytics for example.

StatCounter review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"A good alternative for web anayltics"

What do you like best?

First of all, it's not the same you are used to, like the solutions provided by Google,

They have a decent JavaScript support and you can find some stuff for it on GitHub.

In general terms the fact that is another web tracking tool is good, since you can have a combination of StatCounter and maybe Google Analytics and a couple more, just so you can get more relevant data.

What do you dislike?

The web solution seems to be kinda abandoned, it has been the same for years literally, and the support section, still has integrations with platforms that in my opinion nobody uses.

It can be good for the people that still uses the platforms listed on the install guides section but they are missing newer cms platforms.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Using this tool does not require much technical knowledge, if you know how to add a javascript block to an html page you should be fine.

Don't expect much from them, it's just a tracking tool, that's what they promise, that's what it does.

If you want real time tracking and experiments better choose a Google solution.

Every website should have some basic traffic tracking in order to allow you to take decisions, so I have been using a combination between Google Analytics, Quantcast and StatCounter to get as much data as possible.

StatCounter review by Matilda K.
SEO Content Creator

"Start Digital Analytics with StatCounter "

What do you like best?

I like everything about StatCounter from interface to design.

Integration with other applications and API tools is among the very many things that I like most about StatCounter.

What do you dislike?

I slightly dislike that StatCounter can be a bit overwhelming to customize during initial setup.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes, i would highly recommend the use of StatCounter.

Retroactive and real-time reporting.

Creation of both custom and standard reports.

Event tracking.

StatCounter review by lavanya s.
GATE 2016
Biotechnology

"accurate page views and analytics"

What do you like best?

StatCounter picks up on visitors even if the JavaScript is turned off. Another decent feature is that it sometimes shows the IP address of the visitor which can come in handy.

What do you dislike?

Free option on Statcounter is limited as compared to its major competitor, google analytics, which is completely free. The free version also has a cap on no. of visitors shown.

Recommendations to others considering the product

try it if you dont have the any other options available

Analyzing data on my blog and keeping track. having a count of no. of visitors gives me a pretty clear picture of the status of my blog.

StatCounter review by User

"easily understand your visitors and make better decisions about your website."

What do you like best?

Track customer activity in real time.

Measure and increase return on investment.

Optimise design and content for audience.

Identify new markets.

Measure conversion, engagement, and content sharing.

Compare marketing campaigns.

What do you dislike?

the graphics are very simple to the naked eye

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get the best out of this application as it serve to increase visits to your web pages and increase the popularity of the website

go to measure the popularity of our blogs, that is, they control how many visits we have, how many page views, where the visitors come from, with this data we can have an idea of ​​what our common reader likes, and in this way focus better our posts They will like more and thus we will get more visits

"Good Statistics Counter"

What do you like best?

StatCounter helps me keep track of my website visitors in a easy manner. Nice reporting as well.

What do you dislike?

I would like it if they had a "who's on now" feature. It would be nice to see how many visitors are on the site at any given time.

StatCounter lets me see page views, unique hits and returning visitors in a graphical format. Good for seeing if my website usage is going up or down.

StatCounter review by Administrator in Internet

"Great Stats And Metrics"

What do you like best?

It gives in depth stats related to how a customers enters your site and how they exit. This helps with optimizing your site to increase your conversions.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. It offers a lot of metrics that help even with SEO.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It shows me how often a keyword is used to find my site along with what pages they visit the most.