Simple

4.8

With Simple, you get a stylish Simple Visa Card, no surprise fees, and powerful budgeting and savings tools built right into your account all accessible via web, iPhone, and Android.

Work for Simple?

Learning about Simple?

Simple Reviews

Showing 12 Simple reviews
Simple review by Faith C.
Faith C.

"Simple is the best"

What do you like best?

Simple does not have any hidden fees. They are the best that I have came across. There are no overdraft charges, no ATM fees. Absolutely no monthly maintenance fees or minimum balances. This is some of the best featurs: No monthly maintenance fees

No bounced check fees

No overdraft fees

No electronic funds transfer fees

No account closing fees

No fees at domestic STARsf ATMs

No minimum balance requirements

Simple offers a free, branchless checking account with mobile budgeting tools.

What do you dislike?

There is no way to deposit cash directly. They put a 9 day check hold on your first check you deposit after that you are good to go, the first wait is crappy. NO way to deposit cash directly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It should be noted that Simple is not actually its own bank. All funds deposited into a Simple account are held in checking at FDIC insured partner, The Bancorp Bank. In conjunction with the account, users are given a Simple Visa debit card, access to a comprehensive mobile platform, and top-rated customer support.

With no fees we dont have to worry about a ton of charges to our employees.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Simple
Simple review by Kyle G.
Kyle G.

"Simple Banking - Really Simple"

What do you like best?

Simple's best features are the services included at no additional cost, that other institutions charge large fees for. Primarily the no ATM fees, no ACH fees (even when accidental overdrafts occur), and amazing customer support

What do you dislike?

There are certain inherent limitations involved with Simple, primarily the lack of physical bank branch if you have an issue. To address things such as larger cash withdrawals or cash deposits, there are certain ways to go about things such as withdrawing funds as a credit card advance from any bank's branch.

Recommendations to others considering the product

While the traditional bank offerings such as home loans, credit cards or other financial services are limited in comparison, for a debit card and checking account - Simple has an amazing interface and is easy to contact customer support if necessary.

From a business perspective, I'm solving problems relating to ACH processing and how the bank operates

What Other Finance & Insurance solution do you use?

Simple review by Kyle R.
Kyle R.

"Simple and Perfect"

What do you like best?

If you are the average person, just getting by in life financially, not struggling to much, not really able to save much either. I feel like this is the perfect bank for you. There are 0 fee's and it is just incredibly efficient, easy and simple.

What do you dislike?

There is not much I dislike about simple. They meet my specific banking needs perfectly. The only complaint is I had some issues with international transactions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It will cost you nothing to maintain, nothing to use, nothing to have. Just get a Simple account and enjoy the simple easy access to your money.

Simple is the simplest solution to any average banking needs.

Simple review by User in Banking
User in Banking

"Simple Experience"

What do you like best?

My number one is the budget feature. This app will take my bills and my goals (what?!!) into consideration, deduct them from what I have in my account and guide my spending. It seems simplistic, but it is really a game changer for someone like me. Just seeing the breakdown and the reminder has helped grow my savings! Seeing as I feel I'm on the go non-stop, I really also love the mobile app! It's easy to use, so comprehensive, and not an eye sore like other banking apps I've used!

What do you dislike?

I honestly still haven't found anything I dislike about Simple. Being a former bank teller turned personal banker in my youth, I found it difficult to get myself into a retail bank branch after I went corporate. Setup was easy, customer service (haven't needed them often), is responsive and helpful...no complaints!

I use Simple personally and for my small business banking needs. The mobile aspect of Simple has really been a game changer, as I can track my spending anytime and anywhere. I know most, if not all, banks have gone mobile by now, but Simple does it right!

Simple review by User

"Great online account!"

What do you like best?

I love the great custimer service! If I have an issue or a question, I am always connected to a real person which is wonderful. There are different ways to help save money and I get a cute debit card with the checking account. Money transactions are a breeze and everything is in real time.

What do you dislike?

There is not much I dislike about Simple. If I had to choose something, I would say I dislike that I cannot oersonalize my debit card with a picture. That would be a nice feature to have.

I can easily deposit checks into my account. If I deposit by a certain time, my checks are approved that day usually and available the very next day.

Simple review by Administrator in Design
Administrator in Design

"Great interface. No hassle and simply to use. "

What do you like best?

I opened this account because I liked the idea of having different goals/categories to put funds into and the simplicity of an online bank. I have yet to really dive into it as I haven't had a chance to really use it being out of the US, but I like how even though my account has nothing in it, it stays open and I have the option to use it whenever I like. It's something I'd probably return to because of simple and easy it is to use or not use but to have.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really stands out yet given I haven't had much hands-on experience with it yet. I do find it limiting that there's isn't an actually building you can go to do you banking and that the atms it works with aren't always near by, but I believe they are expanding and their mobile app helps bridge this gap.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want a no-brainer banking system that helps you save and reach goals, especially if you tend to overspend, or forget to allot a certain amount towards goals in a systematic way, this would be a great tool!

I have student loans and other goals I'd like to start saving for in expanding my personal business on the side and continued education, so I find the idea of having set categories and set amounts on my monthly income going into those categories automatically helps simplify saving and spending. This will be helpful in sticking to a budget and spending wisely.

Simple review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"New banking system!"

What do you like best?

I joined simple about a year go and fell in love with how simple it is to use!

What do you dislike?

The onw thing that is difficult is that since it is an online bank I have trouble with cash deposits...

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need help budgeting this is definitely the bank for you.

This app is really great at making me stay organized and keeping my spending on track!! It divides my expenses into categories and helps me keep track of where my money needs to go.

Simple review by Coleman R.
Coleman R.

"Great product that works well as a second account"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, great customer support, and nice phone app.

What do you dislike?

For some reason Simple cards wear out fairly quickly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Best banking phone app I've used, and best customer support around.

I'm using Simple as a secondary checking account and it has helped me save money.

Simple review by User in Banking
User in Banking

"A Really Good Digital Banking and Free Checking Account"

What do you like best?

Simple's free checking accounts, a debit card, and the app are really great banking tools. It's easy to set up an account, easy to get in contact with someone for help. I really like Simple’s Safe-to-Spend that highlights one’s available money to spend spontaneously. And no fees.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, I'd like to make a cash deposit but with Simple you cannot. You can only do direct deposit or mobile check deposit.

This spend-account is used to track business travel expenses.

Simple review by Jose R.
Jose R.

"Amazing and simple to use"

What do you like best?

I love the fact that is simple to use and they are very supportive of any assistance is needed.

What do you dislike?

I really can’t think of any reason why I didn’t like it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Amazing, well organized, great customer support. If I still had my business I would still be using them

I was able to add multiple accounts users

Simple review by User in Financial Services

"Simple is Simple"

What do you like best?

Can easily move money to and from accounts and set up budgets and goals.

What do you dislike?

This is a great online bank that I have no recommendations for improvement for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy, easy, easy.

I use it as a business fun account for personal expenses on a business trip. Easy to track and help with goals.

Simple review by Joanndith M.
Joanndith M.

"Best online bank"

What do you like best?

I love that they're fee free. They also have great customer service and very fast service.

What do you dislike?

I can not think of any cons with Simple.

Avoiding huge banking fees is the number 1 problem that Simple solves.

Learning about Simple?

* We monitor all Simple reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.