My Vision Express

3.7

My Vision Express's focus is on providing you with full-featured optometry, ophthalmology, and optical software that streamlines your practice and increases revenues while improving patient experience.

Work for My Vision Express?

Learning about My Vision Express?

My Vision Express Reviews

Ask My Vision Express a Question
Showing 12 My Vision Express reviews
My Vision Express review by Megan R.
Megan R.

"Good program but could use a couple tweaks"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to start an order for glasses and to look up something in inventory. I also like how you can create a status option that says "price quote" when quoting a pair of glasses for a patient. You can make it so that quote doesn't count towards their account balance since they have not decided on the order yet.

What do you dislike?

I would like the inventory to be better categorized. I wish there were options to have a frame listed in the inventory and when you click on it, it shows you the other sizes or colors you have in that frame, instead of having to have them listed as separate frames all together.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This program is pretty good and their customer service and willingness to help and solve your problems is amazing. There are a few things here and there that I would change but overall it is a good program. You just have to see if it is the right program for your business.

You can send messages back and forth to employees and can write alerts on patients profiles. This helps all of the employees communicate with each other when we aren't all here at the same time. The patient alerts are also helpful since it is hard to remember tons of little things about every person. This allows us to put an alert in their profile, which pops up once the patient is clicked on, and anything we need to know can be seen there.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about My Vision Express
My Vision Express review by Vanessa Z.
Vanessa Z.

"Good software overall"

What do you like best?

I appreciate how easy and quick it is to form recall patients, and setting up an appointment is fast if the patient is already existing in the system. Printing is rarely needed now at my office since files can be saved an uploaded directly to a patients chart.

What do you dislike?

I don't really dislike many aspects of the software, however it crashes easily, and you can't have too many tabs open at once which isn't the best in a busy doctors office.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend it, as long as you stay aware of how many tabs you keep open while you are using the software, you should be okay since that seems to be what triggers crashes in the system.

It takes away the need for paper charts at work, it makes work a lot easier and it helps me be more productive. Using my vision express essentially takes out an extra step of everything I need to do. For example, it has nearly eliminated all printing from my office as we are just able to download things such as insurance authorizations and save them directly as a PDF in my vision express.

What Optometry solution do you use?

My Vision Express review by User in Media Production
User in Media Production

"My experience wit MVE"

What do you like best?

I like that I am able to access customer orders and inventory in the same database. I also like you can create family profiles and store insurance information within the system. It's an all in one database. In addition, I am able to keep a wide range of patient information in one place which keeps me from having to look to too many sources throughout the day.

What do you dislike?

These isn't much that I dislike within this system. I have been using for it a long time and have not had too many obstacles when using it.

My Vision express is allowing me to maintain organization in an otherwise hectic schedule. I am able to keep a wide range of patient information in one place which keeps me from having to look to too many sources throughout the day.

My Vision Express review by Fadi I.
Fadi I.

"Good experience "

What do you like best?

I like the fact that you can transfer the lensometer and autotrfractometer on it plus you can do recalls from MVE itself

What do you dislike?

A lot of buttons to click plus you pay US dollars not CAD

Also you cannot verify if the health card is eligable or due for an eye exam so you have to check this manully

Enhances the practice

My Vision Express review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Not very great."

What do you like best?

Probably just the colors and the way it would load.

What do you dislike?

It is slow and takes a lot of work to shut it down if it freezes which happened often.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have not really used it as much as I would have liked but when it was not messing up, it was an okay software.

There were none other than the slow program and that it would freeze. Hope they have some kind of update to help these things come to an end.

My Vision Express review by Alexis R.
Alexis R.

"What an EMR should be."

What do you like best?

Its easy to use and very optician and insurance friendly.

What do you dislike?

setup has to be done correctly in order for it to work great

When I did use it, with the right setup, the office could be completely paperless and insurance calculations are on point

My Vision Express review by Casey W.
Casey W.

"MVE is a great tool.....when it works "

What do you like best?

All of the information is in one place.

What do you dislike?

Cloud system crashes frequently and causes us to be unable to access information

Organizing and storing information is much easier. Everything is in one place and easily accessible. It is very user friendly.

My Vision Express review by User in Health, Wellness and Fitness
User in Health, Wellness and Fitness

"My Vision Express optometry EHR"

What do you like best?

I like that the health history copies forward automatically, and can be added to in between patient encounters. Copying forward previous findings is also easy. You can scan documents directly into a patient, which I believe you cannot do with some other EHRs. Contact lens database is nice. I like that I can unlock a chart to add information I've forgotten to note, rather than only being able to add an addendum.

What do you dislike?

I use the cloud version and the delay and freezes can get very annoying. I wish there was a more precise way to indicate deductibles, co-insurance, etc. I wish it was more customizable without having to pay a lot more. I wish printouts of prescriptions and exam notes included more information; ie when I printed an exam the addendum did not print with it. It seems whenever they do maintenance, they improve one thing and make six others worse. The patient portal is worthless at this point, but hopefully will be vastly improved in the future.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Play around with it A LOT, as well as all others you are considering, before making a decision. I cannot advise on the optical/sales portion as I only use it for medical records and exam fee accounting.

Even with its drawbacks, I MUCH prefer electronic records over paper charts. They are always legible and never lost. It is a time suck when a patient is new, but a time saver when they are a return patient. Once I am a couple more years into using this software, I think everything will go fairly smoothly.

My Vision Express review by Consultant

"Easy teamwork organization and customer efficiency "

What do you like best?

It is very useful to maintain work related easily access and at the same time stay I contact with clients.

What do you dislike?

There are a lot of windows and for some persons who are not familiar this can be confusing.

It allowed instant access to client records that can be discuss or emailed to them in a matter of seconds.

My Vision Express review by User

"Absolutely Love My Vision Express"

What do you like best?

My Vision Express is very helpful, easy to use, and organized.

What do you dislike?

My Vision Express can be slow at times, and crashes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

it is a great software, MUST use it

We use My Vision Express to keep all the medical records organized and on file. It help keeps the patient's and insurance's payments' in check and organized.

My Vision Express review by User

"Very slow experience"

What do you like best?

MVE has a user friendly interface, making it easy to input and find data

What do you dislike?

My Vision Express takes a very long time to load but either logs out and closes the program or it freezes way too quickly.

Used as the main patient database, inputting customer information, orders and payments.

My Vision Express review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Could be better"

What do you like best?

I liked that you could link patients to directly email them

What do you dislike?

I didn't care for the how to access orders and put an order in. Accessing prescriptions was also difficult

Putting in patient orders.

Learning about My Vision Express?

* We monitor all My Vision Express reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.