MVP Plant Reviews & Product Details

MVP Plant Overview

What is MVP Plant?

Work Smarter & Faster with the World's 1st Online and Offline Paperless Work Order System! The CMMS that reliability experts recommend. MVP Plant is an award-winning software created based on years of CMMS, maintenance, and reliability experience. With ultimate ease of use, manage your work, PMs, parts, equipment, people, and purchasing to increase productivity, reduce downtime, and save time and money.

MVP Plant Details
English, French, Italian, Spanish, Chinese (Simplified)

MVP Plant is a computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) software package, also known as an enterprise asset management (EAM) system or a facilities asset management system (FAMS).

CMMS Data Group

MVP Plant Reviews

Showing 64 MVP Plant reviews
Already have MVP Plant?
lelmor@thinkhwi.com
What do you like best?

The feature I liked most was the ability to automate preventive maintenance to generate work orders Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

One of the issues I disliked was that it did not have built in features for dealing with COVID - 19 such as hourly cleaning. However, their support staff was great and helped me find a workaround. In addition, they added my suggestion to their development team. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would suggest reviewing your needs first. Afterwards, review the features, ask for a demo, and then a trial. Once I began using the service, I quickly learned how to use the service to meet the district's needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Even though MVP did not have an hourly frequency for preventive maintenance (in regards to hourly bathroom cleanings due to COVID-19), their staff help me find a workaround and we now have a plan to do so. This helped resolve our issues regarding accountability for regular hourly maintenance. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It is easy to use and brings everything together from ordering parts to follow up work on work orders to spare parts to scheduling. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far! I have not found anything I dislike or can't do with MVP Plant. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would tell anyone looking for a strong CMMS Program or implementing a new inventory/parts management system to consider MVP Plant. It is easy to get started, fields are almost all customizable so you can make the program work for how you need it to. I come from a background in a highly established CMMS program and came to a site with no CMMS program, MVP is the first we have put to use. I am happy we did because it is turning around the entire department and changing the culture at our facility. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I started using MVP Plant to build a CMMS program for our Maintenance Department that has historically been a reactive maintenance approach. With MVP in the last 9 months, we have completely transformed into a Preventative Maintenance Department and seeing changes like never before. It has been life changing in regards to inventory and parts management. Every aspect of the program is easy to use and ties it together from PO's to receiving stock to issuing and completing work orders. We could not have picked a better program and are grateful for its capabilities every day. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AU
What do you like best?

Chat for tech support is so helpful when I am trying to use a new function of the software and unable to find what I want in the user guide. Familiarity with our users is increasing so headaches are fewer and fewer. The barcoding and inventory modules can't be beaten by any other product I have seen. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We are a 24/7 organization so sometimes we are looking for a part in inventory during the once a monthly system outage. Happened once or twice. We did a dump of our parts inventory increase this happens again. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Not all data from old data base transferred to new data base during data conversion Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Workflow optimization, reducing paper, improved reporting Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AF
What do you like best?

The layout of the Work Orders and Purchase Orders Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The complexity with the Asset Tree with having multiple fields of Locations, Systems, Assets.... Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

MVP asks for the Failure Modes to be defined up front and only gives options for the end user to select from a previously created list of failure modes. Not all failure modes can be created on the front end. This field should be left open to be filled in by the end user Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

MVP Plant has taken what is a very complex task and made it very simple to use. By creating a filtering system that is customizable, you can find anything you want very quickly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

As an end user, (non-admin), I would like to be able to "log-in" or "log-out" of a WO, which would then start and stop my time on that WO. This would give me the ability to do several WO's at the same time, "logging in" and "out" as I switch between the WO's. Action items within the Work Orders are limited and not configurable. Even with that I have not run into a downside to using MVP Plant. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The job that MVP Plant does makes my job much easier. Being able to track equipment by trending reveals problem equipment. It also makes predictive maintenance much easier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UW
What do you like best?

From the time we decided to upgrade our obsolete CMMS software it became clear early on that we would not have to look far. The helpfulness and knowledge of all the staff at CMMS data group made our choice an easy one. From the demo process of MVP plant, to the conversion of our data and ultimately the implementation of MVP plant our transition went smoothly and seamlessly without missing a beat. As we have progressed, we expanded tracking more of our spare parts inventory to include taking advantage of the built-in purchasing system which has made our whole maintenance department more efficient. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice to be able to create a blank work order for an exsisting PM right from the work order without needing to creating a filter then generating it from the filter. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Keep doing what you are. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

More detailed and accuate spare parts inventory Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AE
What do you like best?

Inventory module is sound has all the functionality we needed Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The reports module needs work. Lots of great reports but the data is often not correct or conflicting Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

All good needs improvement in reports module. Great supporting Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Preventative maintenance using meters for many PdM applications. Went from nine to a sound program. Uptick in OEE if 10 points. Environmental inspections all tracked and good reports to submit to corporate or the state to document compliance Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Maintenance Manager
What do you like best?

My team really enjoys how user friendly this system is. I enjoy how easy it is to get help to my questions by using the chat icon. We have only begun to utilize part of the system and it has really changed the way me and my team communicate in a positive way. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have only had the system for about a month. One thing I am having a bit of a problem with is the file size I can attach has to be less than 3mb. Most of the manuals I try to attach are much larger than 3mb. I have to split most documents into 5 or 6 parts. Not a big deal but it would be nice to be able to upload slightly larger files. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

MVP is the best CMMS system that I have worked with in my 15yrs working in Food Processing facilities. Implementing the system is easy. You will see results immediatley. MVP provides great customer support. You simply click the Chat button and a agent is helping you in less than a minute. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Scheduling work orders to my technicians is easy. I can also add so much detail by adding pictures of the work I want completed. Creating PMs and the PMs generating is great and simple. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UP
What do you like best?

Very good instructor. Patrick was professional and knowledgeable.

Great to have a custom experience for our facility and needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish we could have spread out the training to allow days in between each session. It would have been perfect if we could have trained, have a day to practice or add information to our system, had a training day, work on our MVP data, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Consult with MVP, start slow, understand what you want, let the folks at MVP Plant guide you. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Scheduled PM without a bunch of different types of calendars and spreadsheets. Track Spare Parts!!! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Maintenance Manager
What do you like best?

I have implemented MVP Plant in 5 different companies I have worked for in the last 15 years. Currently I run my whole department, work orders, parts searches, Purchase Request approvals, parts searches from my iPad. This mobility allows me to easily access downtime info, parts status, and whatever else I need quickly and effectively. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing major. Sometimes I don't have all the fields I need in a report but I have found work arounds to get the correct data. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you have never used this system ensure you get the training and help with implementation. It is well worth the investment (though it may seem a little pricey). It will pay for itself as you will not run into too many roadblocks especially if you are doing some data migration or setting up consistent data standards. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Easy access to data, tracking downtime, determining "bad actors", and documenting all of our SQF repair records requirements. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

E&I/IT Tech
What do you like best?

The things that I like best is how smooth the website flows and everything is label without the constant screen overload. Also I like the responsiveness to questions when I do need help with something Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the password recovery part of the website seems to be broken. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It will make your life easy. As long as you take the time to set up the inventory and assets. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use it for inventory, pm and downtime tracking. This software makes things more streamline with its help. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Maintenance Supervisor
What do you like best?

Support! I had to start using this with a limited OJT (on job training) but there are way to many features to learn in a short time - HOWEVER, when you need to learn something about any given aspect of it the phone and/or email support is Stellar. Little to no waiting and they know what they are talking about. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I cannot automatically download Grainger Keepstock orders or other vendor info directly into Purchase Requests without a hassle. I am still looking for an Excel template to get this done. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's a good choice. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Its like the Star Ship Enterprise of maintenance software. It allows me to boldly go where most others Can't. It has too many reporting/tracking features to ever use completely. Benefits include great report feature and great predictive maintenance abilities. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AP
What do you like best?

The report are simple to set up and use. This gives my accounting team everything they need and let me add they are a particular bunch. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The inability to see the related asset to the part in inventory. Having this ability unlike the MP2 we migrated from in not near as efficient. I am told that this feature was to be implemented back at the first of last year and have not seen it yet. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Really just a continuation of our previous system. I do like the web based system so I can look at it where ever I am. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Maintenance Manager
What do you like best?

Ease of use, responsiveness from the company regarding any changes or improvements to the program, the search feature is excellent. Everything is organized and relatively easy to figure out by self navigation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is not much to dislike regarding it's use, the mobile app could be improved upon, especially when it comes to reading bar codes. It is difficult to get the tablets we have to read the bar codes easily and on the first attempt. This could be due to our own hardware but it may also be due to the program itself. We haven't attempted to prove it out as our techs prefer to use the desktop version.. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it out, it meets all of our needs with room for growth. Definitely worth comparing. Also nice to deal with a company that doesn't beat down your door with sales pitches and sales calls. Make sure you have as much prep work completed with organization of data ahead of time, this will greatly expedite the implementation of the program. Make use of the time given prior to the reps arriving on site for program setup. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Tracking of work and creating a solid history of work performed. It's been excellent to easily go back and see work that was completed and any notes entered. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AF
What do you like best?

Fantastic Speedy customer service and personable techs that have always been incredibly helpful and knowledgeable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

that a user would be linked to departments and you can login as a department. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Taking the Training courses they provide and utilize the chat and email when you have any type of question or concern. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

we are tracking parts and watching budgets Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Purchasing Supervisor
What do you like best?

Very user friendly program to use. People with minimal amount of computer knowledge have no problem working with this program. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not much, if there is something I can not find, or the program does not have it, I call customer support and they do everything in their power to make it happen. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Stop searching, this is all you need for all of your Maintenance/Supply Chain uses Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Running out of parts. We set up our maintenance parts on a min/max replenishment and when that item reports below min, the system automatically creates a purchase request. The time involved to constantly review if items should be ordered has been removed, freeing up time for other tasks.

The benefit, to the above comments is, whether you are there daily, gone for the weekend or week, MVP is working 24/7 for you and will always advise if items are needed to prevent any downtime, due to lack of parts in stock. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Planner
What do you like best?

The system is very user friendly love the barcode side of it tracking of my inventory is a breeze. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really maybe adding a spot where you can put a location in and see what is in the drawer? Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The online chat is very useful they solve my problem when i'm having an issue Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AM
What do you like best?

We like that we can add or remove items easily. We can make equipment inactive if needed and reactivate later if needed. We can run many reports based on our PM's and work orders. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It is a little clunky training how to use the software and also when you need chatting can get cumbersome. Would rather have a tech support phone number to call and do screen share when I need it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure that your trainer lays out a plan for you prior to training for what you should have done before he/she arrives to train. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

PM's being scheduled and getting done regularly being recorded by maintenance techs on the floor. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Environmental, Health & Safety Plant Representative
What do you like best?

It is incredibly easy to place work orders and follow through PMs. Adding attachments and tracking employee labor is nearly effortless. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish the notification system (through e-mail) was more customizable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It allows employees to easily communicate problems they face on the production floor and alerts maintenance and other departments and allow for tracking and time based solutions. Employees completing service work can track parts used and assets being worked on along with their labor and rate. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Student
Medical Devices
What do you like best?

this program is incredibly easy to navigate through and everything can be linked together to make things even easier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

there are no items to note that i dislike about the software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be as descriptive as you can when adding parts to your inventory. it will make it much easier to look up parts later on. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Preventative maintenance scheduling

work order generation

parts lookup and cross referencing

machine location addressing

purchase order creating and fulfilment Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Maintenance Manager
What do you like best?

System is very easy for technicians to use. PM scheduling is very easy to set up. Modifications are a breeze. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some of the reporting can be a little quirky when downloading for use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

PM scheduling has been going great. We are having good success with inventory tracking. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Maintenance Superintendent
What do you like best?

The best thing about the MVP Plant software is the ease of use. It has been tailored well for desktop/laptop environment but even using it via mobile browser is so simple and easy. It does not require someone with a computer science degree to navigate or be effective and with the industry today a lot of the people that have been working the industrial maintenance field for years are not always comfortable with new software, MPV Plant take the apprehension out of the equation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The one thing I don't like currently is the inability to search for the user ID within the Work Orders page. It seems that everything else is able to be found with the exception of this; I don't imagine it couldn't be fixed though as the tech support for the software is world class. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The biggest problems we had with our old software was just basic user input. The old MP2 system was very cumbersome and difficult to navigate, without any type of initial training. With MVP Plant we have removed the roadblock of the technicians and are at 100% user interaction with the software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Food Production
What do you like best?

easy to operate and data entry is easy plus there on line Tex support is handy and even the past training video is great Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

print smaller labels on a label sheet e-mail address box does not work all that well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

check out there free trail program and see what it can do. we did and loved it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

reminds me items that need to be taken care of. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Maintenance Supervisor
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
What do you like best?

I like the widgets and overall setup of Mvp plant it is one of the most streamlined cmms systems I have ever used Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some the work order scheduling does reflect on the “scheduler” unless it’s accounted for in cost Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Don’t hesitate this is a great tool Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are identifying problematic machines and diagnosis of failures Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.