1)The Simplicity in creating a web based Report.
2)The simplicity in bringing data from multiple sources and puting them in Charts/Tables/Pivots.
3)Retrieving data and making aggregations on them is very easy and fast. Easy to make all kind of "SQL" manipulations on data retrieved from Different sources (json, Sql Server, XML).
4)Exporting Reports is native in Logi. You can easily configure export to most common file types.
5)Easy to refresh specific parts of the page and not the whole page . You can also Cache Data in Logi and pass retrieved Data from one page to The other .
6)A great thing is that you can write your own js functions and use them in Logi. Is very easy to combine Logi methods and Custom Js.
Logi Built in Js and Css is also open to modify or even better , override following the documentation .
7)Shared Elements In Logi studio Lets you reuse anything in Logi. You can reuse from a string to a Whole Chart/Table/Report (Anything). Helps keep the Application organized.
8)Logi Plugins and proccesses gives you the ability to write Custom server side code. Very efficient.
Generaly i like that Logi is Pretty open to customize and extend . There is nothing that i have thought and i couldn't find a way to achieve. The Support Is very quick and willing to Help even if you haven't read the F#$%^7 manual !
Lets start with the negatives
1) The UI (Css) of logi is not so Modern. They keep updating it and adding more modern elements but the UI compared to other application i have seen is a little bit old. The Tables (Grids) is a big problem for us. There is no ability to freeze the first X columns , to Freeze Rows , not able to freeze headers and Scroll the body of the Table (This can be achieved but i don't agree with the way they Suggest). Default Css is uggly and complex to modify it.
2) Until Now there was not a Master Page Element. So going from one report to another , there was no way to achieve this without reloading the whole page or Using Iframes. The whole page keeps Reloading. Master Page added in last Versions But we didn;t have the time to Test.
4) Export to Word is painful, You will need to customize Css specifically for word. You may need to Use Word templates to do your job . You will spent a lot of time to make an Exported Word look Perfect.
5) Support is quick as i said before , but you can't expect any help if you don't upload them a demo of the problem. The Demo includes the report and the Data exported to XML. A demo can easily take more than one hour to create. (some times 2-3) . So you have to spent a lot of time in order to contact the Support even if you refer to something very simple or a Logi Bug that they already know. I think it twice before contacting
6) Logi produces some bugs each time they provide a new Service pack or a new version. So any time that i upgrade i am waiting for the Phone to Ring . It is dificult to know what items an update will affect and users find the problems most of the time. Some bugs take time to Solve(not the critical) because they are planned for the next service pack.
7) A Captcha object is missing from Logi. You should find a way to add it by your self.
8 ) The Documentation is not so good. It only touches the surface. If you need something deeper you should start trying until you find it your self. Forums are of some Help but will not save you.
We created a BI portal integrated with other Systems that we are using. We managed to give our users the information they needed in order to be more productive and informed. We put Logi in the middle to expose data in a friendly way. We have our BI portal organized and easy to extend, reusing as many elements as we can. The main benefit is that we feel that there is no limitation in what we can built for our users.