HiMama Reviews & Product Details

HiMama Overview

What is HiMama?

WARNING! If you are looking for boring administrative software you have come to the wrong place. HiMama is fun, easy-to-use software for savvy child care programs that are tired of paperwork taking over their centers. HiMama provides an easy way to record and share children's activities, everything from silly and fun moments to learning and development to involve parents and improve outcomes for children. The program also has powerful reporting and staff management features for directors. Learn more: http://bit.ly/2hkF9ub

HiMama Details
Discussions
HiMama Community
English, French, Spanish

HiMama is software for the modern, busy child care center.

Hi Mama
2008
Toronto, Canada
@HiMamaSocial

HiMama Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the HiMama community
Have you used HiMama before?

HiMama Reviews

Showing 21 HiMama reviews
Already have HiMama?
Individual Service Worker
Education Management
What do you like best?

I love how HiMama connects us to the parents. As a parent, leaving your child in the care of someone you are unfamiliar with is heartbreaking and scary. HiMama allows the parents to be updated with pictures and notes all day long, giving parents the peace of mind they need to get things done! Not only does HiMama allow us to comfort our parents (and use this feature in marketing for new families), it also allows us to involve the parents and grandparents of our children. They are aware of what their kids are doing/learning each day, which allows them to be more connected to their children and our staff! My favorite thing about HiMama is the relationship it allows us to have with the families we serve! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

In general, there's nothing that stands out that I dislike. HiMama is constantly evolving to solve new problems. It would be nice to get notifications when a parent messages us, but that could be operator error-ha!

Something I think would be a helpful addition to the app would be some kind of timer system that alerts us when a diaper change or bottle or feeding is due. Like if we could manually put in each infant's schedule, and if it's past due for a feeding or diaper, it could send us a notification. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I have used this program for almost two years, since before our center even opened. I have previously used Tadpoles at other centers. All of our staff who have used other programs, including myself, report that this is their favorite program they have ever used. It's easy to learn and use, and has a lot of great features. If you are on the fence about trying HiMama, reach out to them. Their customer service is phenomenal and it is definitely worth the time to look in to it! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

+ being able to message families without using personal cell phones

+ not having to use paper-- parents are so much more involved with HiMama than paper!

+ connecting parents and teachers, creating partnerships Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner-Licensed Child Care Provider
Primary/Secondary Education
What do you like best?

Instant communication with families, great for documenting infant's days. Emailing parents through the app all at once is very convenient. Parents love the app and see it as a benefit of their child being in my care. The app is very complete with lots of features. I like that I can add an assessment to the observations as well as print them for paper portfolios. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The photo collage takes a lot of time to add photos. I'd like to select all 4 photos at once. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

HiMama is the best app I've found for documenting child development and daily activities. Parents love the communication and it gives me credibility as a provider because they see what is happening throughout the day. Pictures speak louder than words! Parents see I am consistent in the things I do as I'm communicating our activities through the app. They feel content knowing their child is well cared for through the professionalism of the app and the evidence I'm providing through it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Planning/communication/documentation all in one. Very easy to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director
What do you like best?

We love that it is very user friendly, We also love how it tracks all of the observations we have done on the children in a highly organized way. We also love that it is such an easy communication tool between teachers and parents. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Recently we are finding parents are getting updates right away despite clicking "only in report".

We would also love the feature on the classroom app to have the option to send messages via text. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It was a huge time saver for us. Teachers can easily look back on what has happened in the classroom that week to be able to do valuable programming.

We also love that parents can see all the daily information they need about their children each day. It saves time at the end of the day, for example, to not having to tell each parent what their children at each day. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Supervisor
What do you like best?

HiMama is such a great compliment to our program, allowing the Educators to document experiences throughout the day as well as continuing to build relationships with the parents through the ability to send messages to each other. In addition HiMama provides us with the tools to manage our administration requirements as well as our billing. Having all those components in one program is a significant advantage. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dont feel that there is any feature that we dislike, but have communicated specific features we would like to have added to the program. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Currently we do not have any issues, but when we have the support we receive is quick and effective. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UE
What do you like best?

As a parent, I love seeing photos and getting updates about my childs day. My favorite part is knowing what he is learning so we can talk about it and integrate the same themes at home. He loves it too! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have not found anything I am not happy with at this time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

HiMama is a great tool to connect families to their children in an Early Childhood Education program throughout the day. The tool allows you to track activities, meals, naps, toileting and include photos and videos of what the child does throughout the day. As a parent you can include "Crew" that allows others in your family to recieve updates about your child.

As an adminitrator of the program you can upload menus and calendars to give your families insights into happenings at the center. It is a great tool to communicate with families via messaging and texting capabilities.

The HIMama team is especially easy to work with and have been a great partner in helping KinderCare Education implement the app in all centers. As a parent of a child at KinderCare and an employee of KinderCare I highly recommend the product from a parent and administration perspective. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Staying connected to what my child is doing all day while I am at work. I am able to better care for him at home knowing what he has done, ate and how he slept throughout the day. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Program Supervisor
What do you like best?

In a fast pass world Himama is a great way to stay connected with families and keep your parents involved. Himama is user friendly, making it easy for everyone to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, in our area internet can be a problem but that's no fault of Himama. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Is worth the cost to take the stress off your staff and the parents love it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Less paper. Parents stay involved and engaged in their child's care. Less work for staff to complete documentation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Childcare Director
Education Management
What do you like best?

Easy to keep track of child's progress and daily activities to share with parents. Parents love that they can send messages to staff directly and get a sneak peak of whats happening throughout the day. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Its unfortunately that Hi Mama is wifi dependant as when ours goes out, staff relies on hand writing daily report forms. We have since upgraded our wifi package and we are less frustrated Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

its an effective communication tool and parents love the simple concise emails. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Executive Director
What do you like best?

HIMama has been an easy transition from paper to electronics. It has made home and school communication amazing. It has brought our families closer to know how their child is growing, learning and what they do every day. It's nice to get this notices out quickly if needed to all famailies or individually. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only problem that has occurred is staff that are faculty and parent's can only use the parent app. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

None at this time Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AE
What do you like best?

The most helpful features of himama are the message centre and reporting functions. Himama makes it easy to keep in touch with parents quickly and efficiently and to allow parents to be a part of their children's day. The different options in the message centre are especially helpful for contacting different class lists all at once. The app is very user friendly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only complain we have about himama is the functions for graduating or removing children from enrolment. We wish that there was a way to set a graduation date and the children be automatically removed from the list on that date rather than having to remove them manually. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Easy to use, customer support is great, and they are always working on making the system better. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Himama has helped immensely with sending notification to parents and with keeping communication with parents open and easy. Parents and staff appreciate the app. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

EArly Childhood Educator
What do you like best?

The site is very goo clear and easy to connect to

The parents are very delighted with it. It provides peace or mind and eliminate stress for them it brightens their day.It is great for staff helps with observation and story telling. Staff feels rewarded when parents comment on the posts Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Well I can’t think of anything and haven’t heard any negative remarks from the staff Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Save everything it’s your proof of any discrepancies Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Observations are made easier and more accurate Staff likes it

Easier to take pictures

Children enjoy watching themselves and vocalize feeling at that time which is so beneficial for us Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Business Owner
Individual & Family Services
What do you like best?

Helps keeps me connected with my families, current events, field trips and closures of the program. The sign in and out is our most used feature. Easy to use, I can email reports to my licensor and inspectors. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Wish a photo and name popped up during sign in and out times. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It has been a lifesaver, an all in one app that did everything I needed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Having my calendar of events and closures posted so parents can look with out all the reminders and late night texts asking if childcare is open tomorrow. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AE
What do you like best?

The best part of HiMama is the customer service - they have a tutorial for everything, are very organized, and make every effort to assist with any questions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There were three aspects that I suggested could streamline the information submission better;

1: there should be a clock option for when they eat, not just "Breakfast", "Snack", etc.

2: there should be quick entry options for food items to easily select

3: assigning pics should be an option AFTER taking the pictures to allow for spontaneity picture taking and post assignment Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Lots of customer support and training if needed Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

HiMama has awesome features of easily assigning an activity to a learning objective. This will benefit the teachers immensely when they do formal evaluations for parent/teacher conferences. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Manager
What do you like best?

How easy it is to use. The customer service is excellent and they really listen to what you have to say. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The one change that they made required us to click 3 times to get to a classroom. We voiced our concern, They listened and they have changed it back. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It works great with multiple sites. We are able to keep track of our attendance better. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director
What do you like best?

HiMama is a wonderful tool for both families and child care providers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish I could move classroom names around order wise. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

A fantastic tool for center to parent communication Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Parent communication has improved since starting wtih HiMama the parents love that they can reach directly out to their child's teachers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AE
What do you like best?

I like the quick communication options from text messages to emails. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The text message option needs to allow more characters. I have to abbreviate too much or rephrase what I want to say to get it all in. I like this option better than email since they seem to get it faster. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The app is a great way to communicate with parents and they love it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It is a marketing tool for us. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AE
What do you like best?

We like being able to communicate to the parents about their child's day, along with keeping track of their developmetn Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish parents had more access to real time reports. They can only see certain things that are listed on the report until it has been sent out Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are saving on paper, due to the online daily reports and we seem to have more communication throughout the day between teachers and parents Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

IT Program Manager
Education Management
What do you like best?

Love the ability to see what the children are up to during the day with Activity Feed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Would like to see drop off notes integrated into the app especially for infants and toddlers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Building a strong connected experience between family/ parent and center. Increased retention and up funnel enrollment opportunities too. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AE
What do you like best?

I like that the parents can check in and see how their child is doing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a way to easily display attendance reports daily. Perhaps one spreadsheet that you could get immediately... instead of getting an emailed monthly report. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Keeping parents in the loop with their child's day Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AC
What do you like best?

I a able to track attendance and share information with the classroom Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have been unable to post pictures from the camera within the app. I have to past from my gallery after I have taken the photo. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Easier to keep parents in the loop. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UE
What do you like best?

I love that I can update parents anytime, and include them in their children's learning. It's also great for documenting. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

That I spend a lit of time on the Ipad and that it can take away from time with the children Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It's an easy and discreet way to contact and update parents. It's very confidential. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Licensed Sales Representative
Real Estate
What do you like best?

Since we have started using Hi Mama at our centre it has become and essential and valued part of our program. It has allowed parents to be involved and fully informed in real time of children's activites, diet, and growth daily. The program has also allowed staff and parents to work together with daily programming encouraging the learning to continue at home. The transparency has given parents confidence and peace of mind while at work. The Hi mama software is quick and easy to use for both parents and staff and many have come to rely on it daily. Since we began using the program the developers have continued to improve and add new features making it essential to our daily operation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We love HI mama and have no issues with the program. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is an amazing program that benefits parents, educators and child care centres. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The benefits of Hi mama;

*It has opened communication directly with staff, providing quick and appropriate responses directly from teachers.

*It has eliminated waste and allowed the centre to go completely green. All communication and correspondence is online and recorded.

*Staff are recognized for all the tools and programming done at the centre. They have become more involved in daily record keeping Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.