Hapara for G Suite

Hapara for G Suite provides educators with the tools they need to create deeper, more meaningful digital learning experiences.

Work for Hapara for G Suite?

Learning about Hapara for G Suite?

Hapara for G Suite Reviews

Ask Hapara for G Suite a Question
Showing 12 Hapara for G Suite reviews
Russell M.

"Hapara in my Classroom"

What do you like best?

I like being able to monitor my students, customize their access and deliver content directly to their screens on demand. I also like being able to set up a list of sites for an entire class as a template, then lock them in for a specified time.

What do you dislike?

Every now and then students report being "kicked out" of the pages they are accessing.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Absolutely give this product a try for educational software management and curriculum development/delivery.

Students are more focused, more efficient and less off-task knowing I am monitoring their movements.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Hapara for G Suite
Jennifer K.

"Helpful Hapara"

What do you like best?

What I like best about this product, is that it allows myself and other teachers to keep tabs on websites that students are visiting, as well as being able to shut down any tabs they may have open that they shouldn't be at any given time.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that the students can easily disable Hapara on their Chromebooks. This then defeats the purpose that my school uses this program for.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend Hapara if you are looking for online classroom management. If your students use laptops of any kind, it is a very user friendly program that allows you to keep track of your students activity, and allows you effortlessly to redirect their attentions if needed.

The problems that my self and other teacher colleagues are solving with this program, is the ability to view each students browser, and exactly what they are looking at/working on at any given time. It allows us to close out tabs and keep students on track.

What G Suite Academic solution do you use?

Cortnee P.

"Hapara"

What do you like best?

Being able to see what my students are doing at all times and monitoring individual progress.

What do you dislike?

I sont Like that I have to click on the “highlights” button to see their screens.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a wonderful tool that allows you to monitor and individually redirect, help, and assist students with learning. If you have any computer program at your school, I HIGHLY recommend!

We are able to track individual students and ensure that they are on/stay on task at all times. I️t helps with student safety and has been a transparent process for us to measure student growth.

Lucy S.

"I get to be a spy"

What do you like best?

I love Hapara. I cannot stop talking about it. My students don;t know when I will be on Hapara, so even if they are not in my class, but I see them on an inappropriate site for school, I will kick them off., and I get to write them messages, if need be.

What do you dislike?

I would have to say, the glitches, but once again, that can just be my fault as well, in terms of internet connection.

So I work in education, so I get to see what sites the students are on. It is so awesome, because if you just nag with a student about logging off a site, then you are just pulling teeth with them.

Jason M.

"Excellent add on to the G Suite"

What do you like best?

Easy management, deployment and end user experience.

What do you dislike?

I feel it could use more features and the Workspace component needs updating

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you use G Suite, then Hapara is a great add-on for a reasonable price. It offers a lot more flexibility than the standard Google Features and once Workspaces gets better, then it will be an all in one solution for G Suite use in schools.

Teacher interaction with students using G Suite. Ease of document sharing and management of Google Drives for both students and teachers.

UP
User in Primary/Secondary Education

"Useful - But not life changing"

What do you like best?

I liked the idea of Hapara more than the actual reality. We were provided Hapara for about a year for classroom use, and being able to see students and group them in classes was helpful. There are definitely some good features in here that could be further developed.

What do you dislike?

I did not love the interface of Hapara or the teacher dashboard in particular. While using functions to control student browsing or monitor or attempt to lock screens, many times students seemed to evade the software by switching browsers or clicking out. Other times it was like students didn't receive messages or commands at all.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Before deciding on Hapara, try out a trial run. I discontinued use about a year ago, but there were some promising features in development. I definitely recommend tutorials and taking the time to ask questions about user implementation and trouble shooting before purchasing. We have since gone another route and use a new software with a similar purpose.

If working correctly, Hapara is useful for digital monitoring, but it requires some individual study in order to fully implement it.

UP
User in Primary/Secondary Education

"Great tool for teachers!"

What do you like best?

I loved being able to be aware of what my students were doing on their Chromebooks as we worked in self paced learning units. I could use my laptop to know what screens they were on and had open to be able to keep them on task. It also allowed me to be able to take screen shots of what they were doing if they were off task.

What do you dislike?

There were many times that there was a large lag time with the information I was seeing and what the kids were doing. That caused some issues with lost screens as the kids were working.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I wish I would have been given more training on how to use all of the features Hapara has. We were using it in combination with Canvas LMS.

I was able to use it to keep my students on task and focused on the work at hand. They knew I could see what they were doing and this helped prevent problems.

Kenny A.

"Worked the moment it was activated and installed"

What do you like best?

From the moment I installed this software on the clients chromebooks for their students, it worked flawlessly. The ability to monitor the students the moment it was turned on and pushed to the chromebooks was perfect. You are able to control what windows are up on the client laptops, monitor, screenshot, disable and more. You can deploy projects, pages, search results and more. The customer service of Hapara is great as well.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike other than the interface can be a little confusing at times. Going in and setting up classrooms and then managing users and teachers can be a tad clunky but simply requires a little bit of a learning curve. The documentation on how to do this wasn't straight forward at first either but eventually it appears they amended them.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be sure to stay close in contact with the management and support staff. If you have ANY questions, do not hesitate to ask. They are super easy to work with.

This software was used at a troubled kids school and the ability to keep the students on task were exactly what we were looking for. Monitoring and steering the kids in the right direction is exactly what we needed with this software. The benefits that we did not realize was that it improved productivity for the students because they were aware that they now were being monitored.

"Love Hapara"

What do you like best?

We love the ability to monitor students, keep them on track and organize paper flow.

What do you dislike?

At this time we have not found anything we dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a great product - you get more than what you expected.

We needed a student monitoring system. Hapara enables us to see what websites students are on, we can target browse the student keeping them on the websites we need them to be to keep on task.

AP
Administrator in Primary/Secondary Education

"Hapara Usage"

What do you like best?

I actually like the program and its very useful for our school needs.

What do you dislike?

There is really nothing big that I do not like about it except that the technical aspects can get confusing my the students.

It allows for visual identification of different materials across the site which helps our students to understand and educate themselves with minor teacher instruction.

UE
User in E-Learning

"I use Hapara to monitor my student's as well as disseminate information and websites to them."

What do you like best?

I like that Hapara gives me the ability to share documents straight to my student's Google Drive accounts.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that the students can work thir way around the lock screen.

I am solving the problem of off task behavior.

UE
User in Education Management

"Helps Provide Oversight to Prevent Unwanted Internet Use"

What do you like best?

The ability to monitor student internet.

What do you dislike?

The uncertain future of the company. My district likes this product but has told us there is uncertainty if the company will be viable.

Students are not inappropriately using internet.

Learning about Hapara for G Suite?

* We monitor all Hapara for G Suite reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.