GoGuardian Teacher

4.8

It helps schools protect students online and easily manage their technology. It also provides tools for teachers to help them connect with their students, safely guide them through online content, and manage technology in the classroom.

Work for GoGuardian Teacher?

Learning about GoGuardian Teacher?

Compare GoGuardian Teacher to Similar Solutions

GoGuardian Teacher Reviews

Ask GoGuardian Teacher a Question
Showing 38 GoGuardian Teacher reviews
GoGuardian Teacher review by Sarah K.
Sarah K.

"Digital Classroom Management for the Modern Classroom"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to have GG running while my students are working. It allows me to focus on helping them, especially when using the chat feature. Students who are usually afraid to ask questions ask them on there, and I'm able to provide instant feedback on what they are currently working on in real time.

What do you dislike?

I would like more control per student. For example, if a student is off task, I can close their tab or lock their screen. However, if they are working on an assignment requiring their Chromebook, I'd rather not lock them out completely. I would like the ability to provide a screen solely to one student; providing guidance in improving digital citizenship skills.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great way to teach students about digital citizenship without having to hover over their shoulder and prying into their every move. I'd rather use goguardian when asking students to complete a certain task with their Chromebooks because it allows me to give up control of learning to my students.

My students are learning time-management skills, and I'm able to see how well they were at achieving various tasks while staying on task.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about GoGuardian Teacher
GoGuardian Teacher review by Jessica S.
Jessica S.

"Absolutely love it"

What do you like best?

It's amazing to be able to monitor student activity all in one place at my fingertips. It helps with classroom management, I can modify and correct both behavior and mistakes all from my screen.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was an app for my phone! Carrying around my Chromebook to monitor all the time can be daunting! But that's just a personal thing!

Recommendations to others considering the product

The GoGuardian management systems are tremendous in their support. They are very supportive of teachers and provide training both on YouTube and through a variety of channels in order to assist the teachers through the process of getting the program up and running! GoGuardian is really top notch when it comes to managing student's computer usage both during school and during the times that are preset for students. Also, the ability to monitor for words that are troubling or potential threat or harm is an amazing asset to our school population. Not only do teachers love it, but parents love that we are keeping an eye on their children and their safety as well!

Monitoring student's online behaviors and interactions, as well as their screen time in class .

What Classroom Management solution do you use?

GoGuardian Teacher review by Bill B.
Bill B.

"Great Classroom Monitoring Software"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to monitor and control (to a point) student machines during class time.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that I am unable to lock displays and display large text on the screen. I am also unable to see certain apps outside of the Chrome browser, but this was expected.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It can be difficult to decide between GoGuardian Teacher and Admin - Teacher is excellent for monitoring students and keeping them on task throughout the day. A session cannot have more than 110 students in it, so you cannot run the whole school through one session. You also are limited in what you can and cannot do with student computers from the teacher standpoint. Overall, it's an amazing software and the support is beyond what I expected.

We are keeping students more on task and keeping them away from games during school. It also allows us to find out if multiple students are using the same account (as it will show multiple logins for the same person.

GoGuardian Teacher review by Sue W.
Sue W.

"Less Worry"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of getting on to the web site. I think it does a quality job of helping me to keep students on task. It has an easy to use interface. It looks pleasant when I use it on the Promethean

Board. It helps to keep students engaged.

What do you dislike?

I would like to be able to make certain that students stay away from inappropriate sites. I have found the current way of limiting sites for students to use a bit intimidating and confusing. I find it easier to keep the limits to a minimum but that means I really must pay attention to what they are doing.

In regard to the business of teaching, GoGuardian helps to keep my students safe and on task while on the Internet. The benefit is that it is easier to see what students are doing.

GoGuardian Teacher review by Kevin D.
Kevin D.

"Necessary tool for one-to-one schools!"

What do you like best?

The ability for the classroom teacher to have full control over what is or is not accessible to students in class. Keeping them on task is almost impossible without this!

What do you dislike?

It would be nice if individual (or groups of) students could be given different "scenes" within a class, but this is only a minor issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Without this, I cannot imagine keeping all students on task when they are required to be on their devices every day. This is also a vital tool when working with parents (since it logs student activity in class, there is no argument over what the student was doing during class time, including screenshots).

Keeping students on task in a one-to-one device school. This also helps us monitor students for their own safety (and others' safety).

GoGuardian Teacher review by Trisha M.
Trisha M.

"GoGuardian is Amazing!"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to have sessions emailed after they are over. This way I can go back and scan what students were doing if I wasn't able to look at the session in real time. I love to be able to see each student's screen when it's in the live session!

What do you dislike?

It would be nice if the timeline showed all my students on the page, but I have to scroll down to view them all and then move the tab over to view the activity over the hour I have the session live for.

I don't really think I've solved any business problems, except for knowing when a student isn't doing what they are supposed to be doing/on task.

GoGuardian Teacher review by User

"Take the Guess Work Out of 1-1 Laptop Monitoring"

What do you like best?

The most helpful thing about GoGuardian is the ability to actively monitor students who use 1-1 technology in the classroom from my laptop. I can see what they are working on during independent practice, and I can send a message to students who are off task. Additionally, I love that I can set up particular scenes for my classroom that allow projects to pop up automatically on students' computers, which saves time in my lessons.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I can think of that I do not like about GoGuardian is the amount of time it takes to understand the software. It is user friendly, but it is easiest to understand when a colleague or other GoGuardian professional is walking you through the site.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Talk to your school leaders about their budget and if they are able to implement this program. It really works best if all teachers in your school actively buy in to the program and love it. I know the program is expensive, but it is worth it to get students back to the basics of teaching and learning.

I have realized that we have solved a lot of problems in how to actively engage our students, and also how we communicate with them during the school day. Before GoGuardian, our school had a hard time drawing the line of how often to allow students to be off task, and how to get them to build their own healthy relationships with their computers. Now the conversation becomes a lot simpler.

GoGuardian Teacher review by Administrator

"GoGuardian works to keep our students safe!"

What do you like best?

Classrooms and scenes for teacher use have been a great way to give teachers more control of what their students can access on their Chromebooks. The administrator side makes it easy to monitor the student usage and get alerts for inappropriate content. This piece has been invaluable in keeping our students safe and teachers/admins informed about student usage.

What do you dislike?

Lack of parent access, it would be wonderful if teachers could give parents a code/access to monitor their student's use during the day.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Our teachers really like that they have more control of what their students can access. Each teacher uses something different or allows different sites, so it gives them a more individualized experience with the option for scenes.

GoGuardian teacher helps our teachers monitor their students' use of the 1:1 Chromebooks they have in their classroom. It helps them keep students on task and cuts down on misbehavior and disengagement.

"Great Product"

What do you like best?

What I like best about GoGuardian teacher is that it allows the teacher to be able to maintain a students ability to stay on task when given the opportunities to get off task with technology. With the ability to either block students from browsing or to simply monitor them, with the option of remotely closing tabs, it is a great tool to be able to help maintain classroom control.

What do you dislike?

At this point, the only thing that I do not like about GoGuardian teacher is that because of updates to Google's privacy policy, it is no longer able to monitor apps that students download onto the device. This allows for students to be unmonitored and off task during class.

The business product that GoGuardian Teacher allows me to solve is helping students to learn how to not be distracted by mindless searching in class. Students are able to learn a proper etiquette for online usage in a controlled environment.

GoGuardian Teacher review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Incredible monitoring software for teachers and students"

What do you like best?

I love that each class can be set up with times to auto-start, and you can auto assign scenes based off of the classes. It submits a helpful report at the end that shows what your students are doing. It makes it easy to set up what you want your students to be working on. It's also great to be able to generate reports per student in case a parent asks.

What do you dislike?

It would be great to delete scenes and classes instead of archiving them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It can integrate into Google Classroom, so setup is pretty easy!

We had a lot of students off task, but were easily able to reign them in by locking down what they needed to be on. Many teachers want different things blocked, and as an administrator this makes it easy to allow them to block it instead of me blocking it per student or per class.

GoGuardian Teacher review by Trevor H.
Trevor H.

"Good Classroom Management"

What do you like best?

That it records the class automatically so you can go back and review the class session if there was something going on. IT is great when you notice a student may not have been on task during class, but you didn't want to interrupt class to single out the student at the time.

What do you dislike?

It does not save the screenshots automatically, just the timeline of webpages. While this is fine, there are times the screenshot is needed when parents needed to be brought in.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't be afraid to use it, once you start, you will never want to have a class where you don't have it implementerd.

It's a set of eyes that the teacher can use later on and focus on the classroom than the student machines. Other products are only live viewing, or you manually have to record the student's session which take time ot of the lesson to watch the computer screen.

GoGuardian Teacher review by Puru P.
Puru P.

"Good for monitoring Access to Trainees"

What do you like best?

It was really easy to setup and we can make it work differently for different trainees. It gives confidence to the mentor if the lessons taught are really implemented. We can get new features whenever we have high demand of some feature on vote for features page. You can always get to learn all about it from it's documentation.

What do you dislike?

The only thing which needs improvement is automatic scheduling , other than this it is a great piece of software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need to monitor the device access of the trainees in your class than it is very nice to use. It can also be used by the organizations which give specific knowledge to students and using of devices is necessity of the course offered.

It had made a great control over trainees for the time they spent under the tasks assigned to them. There is an email on end of every session and we could easily know that the session covered what all things. It does not allows the trainees to get distracted.

GoGuardian Teacher review by Rachael H.
Rachael H.

"Go Guardian -Save time and stress for everyone!"

What do you like best?

Go Guardian enables instructors to keep track of the computer screens of all students in a designated class. It integrates with Chromebooks. From the "teacher" account, instructors can also open and close tabs on the computers of studeents within their class, send private chat messages to students, lock or pause screen activity on the other screens, and prevent access to websites of their own choosing.

What do you dislike?

It is tricky to understand at first, and alternating between viewpoints, finding where all the command buttons are, and navigating the site takes some practice. Occasionally it will tell a student I have blocked a website when I haven't.

For any supervisor or educator, efficient time usage is a critical point. GoGuardian stops distractions before they begin, and sends a report on all internet activity when the computers were active. It's screen monitoring and manipulation tools help keep everyone focused and moving at the correct ace through there's work, and allows the teacher/supervisor to easily see where everyone is in the working/learning process from a single screen

GoGuardian Teacher review by Tiffany S.
Tiffany S.

"Yay GoGuardian"

What do you like best?

I love how GG allows me to discreetly interact with my students. I can message, close distracting tabs, send websites for direction or student interest all while making sure everyone is on task.

What do you dislike?

Some of the features are a little cumbersome to get to (chat, changing the schedule, option to have multiple schedules, etc.)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it as a tool for interaction and sharing vs. blocking everything

Monitoring! We went 1:1 a few years ago and have been struggling with making sure the content is monitored for each class.

The benefits: additional avenue to interact with students and streamline & personalize content.

GoGuardian Teacher review by Rebecca Vold P.
Rebecca Vold P.

"GoGuardian is one of the best softwares for teachers"

What do you like best?

GoGuardian allows me to see what each student is doing on their chromebook/tablet at once - ensuring that they are on task during class instead of having to constantly walk around the room for monitoring. GoGuardian also sends me a report to my email of what the students were doing during a session that I was recording their chromebook usage.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it disconnects with a login. It also can be time consuming to link a student's account into your GoGuardian account.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ensure that you get a professional development on GoGuardian. Our District did a district-wide professional development to allow us to trial and error the program before using it in the classroom. It is a great way to help keep students safe, engaged, and monitored in the classroom.

Monitoring student usage on their chromebooks during class time is a lot easier.

GoGuardian Teacher review by Administrator

"Ensure On-Task Work Along with Online Security"

What do you like best?

I like the simplicity of the software and that is is possible to view all connected devices at the same time in one screen. I have also found the usefulness of pausing screens and forcing screens to a specific site.

What do you dislike?

I dislike having to delete each student one by one each year. I also dislike that when I have my students add by code, there are always a few in each class that don’t come up for one reason or another (I have to fog back and manually add them).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Add students by adding the entire roster through excel not by giving students an add code.

Solving the problem of students going on inappropriate sites or doing things other than what they are suppose to be doing on the computers.

GoGuardian Teacher review by Jay S.
Jay S.

"Great way to balance monitoring and facilitating classroom behavior"

What do you like best?

I love that you can open and close tabs remotely for students, and how I can "digitally" cold call students to share good and bad things on the whiteboard.

What do you dislike?

I do not like how students can message you once you enable chat, it should be only if needed, this is where they tend to get more off track

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great addition to the GoGuardian suite of tools

Classroom monitoring of devices. We have been able to successfully roll out a 1:1 device program.

GoGuardian Teacher review by User

"GoGuardian has been incredibly helpful for us monitoring our students and managing our space. "

What do you like best?

I enjoy having the ability to see what students are doing while they are in the space. I also enjoy the filters it allows you to place, so students cannot access certain websites, etc.

What do you dislike?

Unfortunately, students are always able to find ways around the restrictions that we have in place, and find Google extensions, etc. that will allow them to access sites that are blocked. GoGuardian does not let you see what these students are doing while they are using these extensions, and you cannot close or force stop them from using it.

It has allowed me to get more work done, knowing students cannot be watching Netflix, etc. because those sites are filtered/restricted.

GoGuardian Teacher review by User in Primary/Secondary Education
User in Primary/Secondary Education

"Go guardian is AMAZING"

What do you like best?

Go Guardian is an amazing way for teachers to see exactly what their student's computer screens are on. You can send them a message, lock their computer screens, or redirect them to the correct site. It's a great way to help monitor student's internet safety.

What do you dislike?

At times, Go Guardian can be slow to load if you have lots of students in your class.

By using Go Guardian, I have had so many benefits. My students are on the correct sites all the time now. I also can make it to where I only want them on a handful of sites, but they can choose from that few. The benefit is that students are safe on the internet.

GoGuardian Teacher review by User

"Great student monitoring... once you get the little things down"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to take snapshots of screens, the ability to close out tabs, and limit the websites my students can go on.

What do you dislike?

When unlocking kids back to using their chromebook it has glitched a few times where students continued to be locked out. The conflictions of being locked out for students when multiple teachers have a student in their "classroom" at the same time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its worked well for us. It takes time to learn and get the hang of. It is not plug and play for the options I want as a teacher such as website blocking, locking students out, tab restrictions.

To help monitor students at a public school district, k-12.

GoGuardian Teacher review by Administrator in Religious Institutions
Administrator in Religious Institutions

"Classroom Control"

What do you like best?

Being able to control what my students can see and access while in my classroom. I can set Scenes to restrict them to only certain sites and can visually see when they are not on task. I can easily open new tabs for the students when shifting to new tasks without having to wait for the students to type in a URL. I can easily instant message the students when they have questions or remind them to stay on task when they start to wander.

What do you dislike?

Responses time for closing tabs or locking Chromebooks can be delayed at times if there is any latency issue on the network.

None that i am aware of.

GoGuardian Teacher review by Daniel B.
Daniel B.

"Essential tool for tech 1to1 educators"

What do you like best?

The ability to focus kids attention by eliminating the many distractions of the internet.

What do you dislike?

Lack of student side features. Gen Z'ers are tech savvy and used to having input and control in many areas of their life. Providing students ways to interact with Goguardian (please let me visit this page button) would go a long way towards creating student buy in.

Student to teacher chat has been a benefit for the times when I am out of class covering administrative duties, home sick with my kids, or allowing my students to work in other areas of the campus. It helps me provide assistance or guidance when I can't be right next to them.

GoGuardian Teacher review by User

"Great monitoring and filtering solution puts the power back in the hands of teachers"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to set up classes and quickly start monitoring your devices.

What do you dislike?

The cost is a bit steep. In the end, it's worth it though.

In addition, while the chat feature is definitely awesome, the implementation could be a bit better. Access to chat logs after the fact should be added in as well as students being able to choose which teacher/co-teacher to message in a session.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Compare it to the other products. It is obviously the industry leader in device monitoring solutions.

We use it to monitor student devices. We use the scenes to quickly get students on task and keep them there.

GoGuardian Teacher review by Aaron D.
Aaron D.

"Ease for Teachers"

What do you like best?

Allows you to not have the anxiety of having students browse the web. GG creates comfort for you that allows students to learn from the internet.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is that some students find ways around this. I have a small group of students find a way to make it look like they do not have an active tab.

We are solving the fear of students stumbling upon something they shouldn't/ Also it allows us to know what our students are doing during class. Also the students know we can see what they do so it have mostly prevented them from being off task.

GoGuardian Teacher review by Joseph L.
Joseph L.

"solid featured software"

What do you like best?

the ease of management once it is fully set up. year to year i don't have to make many changes

What do you dislike?

honestly there is not much to dislike about the product it works the way we expect it to

we are solving classroom management issues by allowing teachers to see student screens without having to get hands on the machine.

GoGuardian Teacher review by Heather W.
Heather W.

"A tool that makes managing the classroom a breeze!"

What do you like best?

I no longer have to police students’s devices!

What do you dislike?

I cannot think of anything that I dislike about Goguardian Teacher!

I spend my time

Teaching and not policing individual student devices! My focus is again in teaching content and students Are focused on what they are supposed to be using their devices for... Learning and playing!

GoGuardian Teacher review by Ali P.
Ali P.

"GoGuardian = Awesome Classroom Management! "

What do you like best?

All students have Chromebooks in my classroom and while they are awesome tools, they do pose a significant classroom management challenge. GoGuardian cuts down on the time I spent policing internet usage.

What do you dislike?

I wish that the chat feature sent a more prominent alert to the students. Sometimes when I send a chat the student doesn't notice and it defeats the purpose.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great tool for any teacher or admin team managing students or staff online.

This has made it so much more simple to manage large groups of students using technology. It is invaluable!

GoGuardian Teacher review by Estill F.
Estill F.

"Great management for Chromebooks"

What do you like best?

The ease of use for non-technical people. Teachers can keep track of what students are doing real time. Using scenes for classroom instruction maximizes your classroom time. This product is the best there is for management.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found anything not to like about this product.

Classroom control of chromebooks.

GoGuardian Teacher review by User

"Makes Classroom Management During Work Time a Breeze!"

What do you like best?

The chat function is great to connect with introverted students, and I can easily view the screens of everyone in my class. I was worried I wouldn't be able to do this when we switched to Chromebooks, but this is even easier than the software we had in the computer lab.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found anything to dislike yet. It's been a wonderful product. I'm very glad my district invested in it.

Classroom management during work time on Chromebooks, making sure students are on task

GoGuardian Teacher review by User in Primary/Secondary Education
User in Primary/Secondary Education

"Online Classroom Management made Easier. "

What do you like best?

I like that you can see what students are working on while they are on their individual computers. It is a great way to monitor their research or work progress without having to block off access to the internet.

What do you dislike?

There isn't a feature for teachers to "push material" to the student's screens. You can control and block off certain windows but I don't know if one has the capability to share a specific e-document or presentation so that all are on that window.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great product for managing classroom research projects and in class online use.

Classroom Management, Help with time management and focus on specific tasks. Monitoring students work in class. One on one conferencing for clarification.

GoGuardian Teacher review by Danesa M.
Danesa M.

"Helps me be a better teacher"

What do you like best?

I love that even at my best, GoGuardian helps me and my students to stay on task and be watchful for concerning behavior

What do you dislike?

I can't think of a thing! I love it!

It provides eyes where you can't always see.

GoGuardian Teacher review by Jonathan T.
Jonathan T.

"GoGuardian is *THE* Chromebook monitoring solution"

What do you like best?

The ability to see screens, set classes, limit options and set class rules are some of my favorite features.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really, my dislikes come from the limitations of Chromebooks themselves.

Much better accountability and on task behaviors.

GoGuardian Teacher review by Bill G.
Bill G.

"Great Product for Students, Staff and Administrators"

What do you like best?

I like that the company is continually innovating, reliable, and responsive.

What do you dislike?

The price needs to be competitive for the K-12 vertical

We are providing a safer and less distracting learning environment.

GoGuardian Teacher review by Consultant in Insurance
Consultant in Insurance

"It’s perfect "

What do you like best?

I used this when I was mentoring 10 kids on business. You can see what everyone is using and the tabs open on their computer. You’re at your teachers station and you’re able to assess the information your students are revising. It means you can go ahead and close programs they’re not supposed to be using, like Facebook!

What do you dislike?

I love the platform. I use it for a small group and I have nothing bad to say about it.

I teach a small group. It’s more like a mentoring program. It helps me when I’m proposing presentation or presenting assessments.

GoGuardian Teacher review by Adam D.
Adam D.

"A Helpful classroom management tool"

What do you like best?

The feature of viewing all student screens, and ability to close screens is a great benefit to classroom management.

What do you dislike?

The scenes feature is a nice idea, but really hard to figure out and master. I don't like it.

GG helps to ensure students are on task and being successful with the technology.

GoGuardian Teacher review by Janelle H.
Janelle H.

"Bumper rails for Beginning Digital Citizens"

What do you like best?

GoGuardianTeacher puts teachers in the driver's seat!

What do you dislike?

It doesn't play well with some operating systems like Windows 10.

Students need guidelines and parameters when unleashed on the internet. GGT gives that control back to the teachers so devices can truly be TOOLS in the classroom, not just distractions.

GoGuardian Teacher review by Vernon D.
Vernon D.

"Teachers can take control of their classroom!"

What do you like best?

Student's Chromebook activity can be monitored and controlled so they stay on task.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally a teacher will forget to end their session and block the student from accessing site while in another class.

Students are more focused on learning while in the classroom.

GoGuardian Teacher review by User

"Keeping students on task while using technology."

What do you like best?

I like that I am able to see all of my students screens and make sure they are on task.

What do you dislike?

Some students have figured out how to block goguardian, so then I can't see their screens.

This helps with making sure students are on appropriate sites at school.

Learning about GoGuardian Teacher?

* We monitor all GoGuardian Teacher reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.

Compare GoGuardian Teacher to Similar Solutions