GoToWebinar Reviews & Product Details

GoToWebinar Overview

What is GoToWebinar?

GoToWebinar is trusted by more customers than any other webinar solution and powers millions of webinars each year. Whether you use webinars for marketing, training, or corporate communications, GoToWebinar puts the fun back into webinars with reliable technology that’s super simple to use. Get the features, integrations and analytics you need to engage your audience and make personal connections that drive your business.

GoToWebinar Details

GoToWebinar is the world's most widely used webinar and webcasing software. Our 53,000 customers use it to drive new business and to inform and educate employees, partners and customers. Unlike the legacy webcasting technology of Enterprise competitors GoToWebinar is easy-to-use and easy to pick up. As a result you'll confidently host webinars with GoToWebinar in no time to reach your audience anytime and anywhere.

LogMeIn
$1,260
@LogMeIn
4,115 employees on LinkedIn®
Description

LogMeIn is a leading provider of on-demand, remote-connectivity and support solutions to small businesses, IT service providers and consumers.

Businesses and IT service providers use LogMeIn's solutions to deliver remote end-user support and to access and manage computers and other Internet-enabled devices more effectively and efficiently. Consumers and mobile workers use our solutions to access computer resources remotely, thereby facilitating their mobility and increasing their productivity.

Our solutions, which are deployed on-demand and accessible through a Web browser, are secure, scalable and easy for our customers to try, purchase and use. Since our inception, our users have connected over 60 million computers and other Internet-enabled devices to a LogMeIn service.

LogMeIn's software-as-a-service suite of solutions includes capabilities for on-demand customer support of PCs, smartphones and other devices, systems administration, remote access, remote control, file-sharing, virtual private networking, data back-up and online meeting.

GoToWebinar Screenshots

GoToWebinar Reviews

Showing 598 GoToWebinar reviews
Already have GoToWebinar?
Account executive
What do you like best?

It's very intuitive and easy to figure out. Once you're logged in, it's also easy to find all the tools you may need while in a meeting, such as mute, video on/off, raising your hand etc. I also like that you can mute others and mass mute when you are the presenter, so you do not have to worry about any interruptions in the backgrounds of others. It's one of the easier tools that I can send out for my clients to use without having to provide much explanation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It can be glitchy at times, but I don't think it's any more glitchy than other programs. The biggest problem I have had with glitching is with audio going in and out or getting fuzzy, but again, no more than other programs that I have used. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Test out the platform before you use it to make sure you know where everything is as a presenter. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am able to join webinar meetings quickly and easily. I have also presented with it before and am able to give the presentations quickly and easily. It's been really helpful in the virtual world that many of us currently live in. It solves the problem of getting big groups of people together virtually when we are unable to be together in person. I have also participated in many webinars using this platform during quarantine. I need to be able to keep up on training, even though I cannot do training in person, so it has been a very helpful program. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The Customer Service is what actually sold the service for me. During my 7 day trial, I sampled out the platform and needed some assistance. I called the customer service several times, during the Trial period, and they were very patient and happy to help. They were very knowledgeable and helped me navigate through any of my issues. I knew that if I had any problems with the software/platform that the Customer Service would be there to help. I was sold! And I Absolutely LOVE this platform for my business. It's easy to learn and to use. My students and customers are very happy with it too. We feel secure and at peace with having our meetings online. I would strongly recommend this to anyone who is looking for a very professional way to present any information, classes, etc, online!! I love it ; ) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike is the quality of the videos when I put them up on another platform, but I'm not sure how much that has to do with GoTo, it may be the other platform that is condensing them and they can become grainy. Other than that, I'm SUPER HAPPY with this platform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The problem was my students are around the world and having local classes meant those who do not live in my area had to wait a few days to a week to get the information. This way, everyone is able to attend and the videos are ready within minutes!! I LOVE THAT PART! It has saved me so much time editing videos. Also, a huge benefit has also been the ability to charge for classes or to have them free, but still remain professional. I also LOVE the automatic emails!! I can't tell you how much time that has saved me too. It's just a very professional site and it has everything I was looking for. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Online audience monitoring tool which helps in strict monitoring of audience,

Pre-registration feature which helps in not only allowing relevant audience but also help in storing their details during registration,

Hand raise during online webinar which helps the host to completely maintain discipline during webinars,

live Chat feature Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Major problem with gotowebinar is it's Frequent server issues which results in delay and another major problem is poor customer support. Being a cheap alternative, You can't expect very much in customer support. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you have a budget constraint and looking for a cheap alternative, just go for it Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Dut to covid pandemic, our major problem was related to conduct monthly sales meetings, learnings sessions, trainings etc. which we have started conducting using goto webinar. Most of time it serves the purpose but as I have already mentioned being a cheap alternative, don't expect much of customer support and services from it. If you are looking for a premium alternative, go with many popular and reputed brands available in the market with price. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Field Marketing Manager
What do you like best?

GoToWebinar is a powerful platform to deal with and create a show for a huge audience. It's an intuitive and simple interface. It doesn't have a long time to hang from various features. We are going to conduct surveys that are excellent for interactivity and audience participation during the meetings of ours. Generally, GoToWebinar has the greatest video and sound quality. I realize we post a link to our statement truly after it's over. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Although I love the general quality of a program, I think the cost is above a couple of comparable approaches. More visitors should be also encouraged. Registration forms to suit a certain view may also be solid to design. In GoToWebinar, you will find certain specific design resources. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I'd recommend GoToWebinar, which can help you achieve huge audiences, as an excellent tool for hosting as well as documenting sessions online. When the cost is absurdly high, you can find many online services which can accomplish the same items as GoToWebinar. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

After the presentations were completed, we could make use of GoToWebinar shows as well as replay. We hook up to the presentations in various marketing and advertising materials like blogs, print media, phones and social media. GoToWebinar had also been beneficial to internal company conferences and was therefore an excellent platform for internet business ideas plus news stories. It's a tool which makes appointments easier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Associate Director, Finance (Cell and Gene / CAR-T / Kymriah)
What do you like best?

It's very easy to figure out and intuitive. You can also easily find all necessary resources for a conference, such as silence, photo off/on, hand increasing, etc. I also like you can silence and quiet others when introducing it, which means that you do not have to worry about disruptions in the backdrop of some other people. It includes amongst these limited tasks I can distribute to customers without much explanation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It may at times be gentle, and yet, compared to certain other programmes, I do not think it is softer. The greatest problem I've experienced before is with sound coming in and out or maybe becoming fluid, but I didn't work with more programs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Consider that you need total control of the perception you express, such as personalized webinar registration landing pages, intensely engaging polls, profound bios/headshots in your subject matter and total control of the hosting solution you use. All these are obvious risks with GoToWebinar selections, at least the possibilities for instant plan. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I can take part in webinar meetings easily and quickly. I started it now and will deliver the lectures quickly and easily. Many of us live in the virtual world was really helpful. This stipulates that when we cannot be together individually, it virtually united large groups of people. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It used to be the easiest video conferencing software on the market. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

- The software has become extremely unreliable in the past 6 months. It takes forever to log on and launch the application, and it is prone to freezing mid-webinar.

- I've worked in a support/service role for nearly 14 years, and LogMeIn's team is one of the worst I've ever dealt with. They make it impossible to work with their team via email, requiring a phone call for each interaction. You can expect long wait times, getting bounced around by agents, and generally unhelpful resolutions. When you can actually convince them to open a ticket on your behalf (I had to go through 4 different agents), you can expect the response to be both delayed and apathetic.

- The product is not accessible to users with disabilities. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We were using it to facilitate weekly webinars with our customers, but have since moved to Zoom, which is far more reliable and accessible.

https://www.g2.com/products/zoom/reviews Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sr. Product Manager, eASIC
What do you like best?

It's really simple to determine and intuitive. After logging in all the required resources for a meeting, like mute, video off/on, hands raising, etc. may be also found easily. I also love that when presenting, you are able to silence others and silence them, which means you do not need to be worried about interruptions in some other people's backgrounds. It has among the simple tools I might distribute with no lots of explanation to the customers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

At times it may be soft, but I do not believe it is softer compared to some other programmes. The greatest issue I have previously had with crashing is with sound arriving as well as out or perhaps becoming fluid, however I have not worked with more programmes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Test the system before using it to ensure you know exactly where it's as a host. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I can participate easily and quickly in webinar meetings. I additionally launched it before and will give the lectures easily and quickly. In the virtual world a lot of us are living in it was truly helpful. It resolves the issue of virtually uniting big groups of folks when we can't be together in individual. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director of Marketing
What do you like best?

The basic webinar features in GoToWebinar are fantastic to have. The platform is usable across a range of contexts, from training internally or with partners, to hosting thousands of business owners on a webinar we held with a US Senator. Overall, the platform is exactly what you want from a reliable webinar hosting platform - it lets you record your webinars, host them online with an easy-to-create customized webinar recordings page, do basic marketing communications around your webinars and integrate with your CRM system of choice via Zapier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

One of the downsides to GTW is that it doesn't have quite as many in-webinar configurations and settings as it really could. There are some functions that would be really nice to have that can just raise the game for your webinar to another level, and those features tend to come only in their (expensive) enterprise custom tool: GoToWebcast. For instance, I would like to have the ability for presenters to host polls all at one time and to display the information in those polls in a more brand-sensitive fashion than available with the standard GTW. I also don't fully know how to get GoToStage to serve our SEO goals as a company because we cannot take control of the hosting and domain authority for the microsite that we've created. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Consider whether you need to have full control of the experience you are presenting, such as having custom landing pages for webinar registration, deeply interactive polls, presenter bios/headshots deeply incorporated into your content and full control of the recording hosting solution that you are using. These are all potential issues with choosing GoToWebinar, at least the instant-on plan options. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are engaging our customers at a distance with event-driven content that can be reused after the fact. We are running webinars for two different business lines, successfully. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Professional Development Coordinator
What do you like best?

It has an easy to use interface to set-up webinars and customize the branding. You can easily edit and publish webinar recordings. The live polling feature is awesome! You also have the ability to attach handouts to the webinar, which we have found very helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

GoToWebinar does not have the capability for attendees to use the chat function. Only panelists and organizers can use the chat. Additionally, you can only send questions to one panelist. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Consider your end goal when choosing a webinar software. Do you want attendees to be able to chat with each other? Do you want a robust Q&A function? If so, GoToWebinar may not be the best solution. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It has allowed our organization to produce more high-quality webinars for our members during this time when face-to-face meetings are not an option. It is an easy software for our panelists to learn and we have received great feedback from them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director of Global Sales Development
What do you like best?

Up until recently, I'd only been using GoToMeeting but needed to replay some video content for my team as part of training and coaching calls and GTM does not support that very well. After speaking with a LogMeIn support rep, it was clear that I could achieve my objective using GoToWebinar instead. I've since held a number of very successful meetings, sharing 3rd party video during those calls. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish the platform would accept video formats other than .mp4 since many of the videos I want to play on the session are in other formats such as .wmv and need to be converted, which adds another cumbersome process. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

None Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Presentation of video had previously been very challenging. I would have to play the video and put my headset mic near my desktop monitor speakers for my participants to hear, which didn't always work well. Now, I'm able to embed those videos right in my webinar and play them in-session, which works well. This has resulted in much more successful training and coaching sessions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Easy to switch to iPhone presentation or to another application to share to the attendees, option for a customized URL for the channel page which allows customers to view past webinars or sign up for future ones. Very easy to use. Love that I can attach handouts to the webinar so our attendees can download during the webinar. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The fact I have to download an application and it isn't in the browser. I would also like to see live streaming options to Facebook or YouTube as an added option when doing a webinar. Video playback isn't reliable, at least when I have attempted it. At times, there is a lag when I switch presenters so the voice is not sync'd with the video. I also don't like that you actually have to call someone to change the subscription plan, this should be available online. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are not sure about the size of your audience, try out the monthly before committing to the yearly plan as it is difficult to switch once on the yearly plan. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Educating our customers on their schedule, so they can view the recorded webinars when they have time is a plus. We get a lot of good feedback from the polls at the end of the webinar as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

When COVID-19 hit our community, all of our services for our families, including Parent Cafes, were put n hold because we could no longer meet in person. After researching and price matching other platforms and what they had to offer, GoToWebinar was our best option. From the beginning, even with longer wait times, their customer service representatives were and continues to be helpful by checking in and sending updates. Additionally, when we signed up, they made the process so seamless. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There has not been anything that we have been unsatisfied with. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

GoToWebinar has many great features to stay connected with your audience. Registration is easy to utilize and the platform itself is fairly simple. If you are ever stuck, their customer service and the videos they provide are always very helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are able to meet virtually and securely through GoToMeeting. We are able to hold educational programs for our youth and families on mental health topics right from the comfort of our home. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AC
What do you like best?

The platform is very user-friendly. Many of our members had never used a webcam, but they were able to easily connect and participate in our meetings. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are some limitations that presented challenges for us. We used the platform so our Association committees and our Board of Directors could meet virtually after our in-person meetings were cancelled due to COVID-19. Everyone had to be able to speak and wanted to be seen, but there are limitations on the number of webcams that can be seen. Also, we had several people participate by phone and unfortunately, you can't mute phone callers, so we heard a lot of background noise during our meetings. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's an easy platform and customer service is very helpful when questions arise. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our board and committees have work that needs to be done even though we cannot safely meet in-person right now due to COVID-19. The platform allowed us to connect and the keep the important work of our Association moving forward. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I really like that when you register for a event you can automatically save it on the GoTo Webinar calendar and you do not need a paid account to do this. it lists all your events by date and time and is easy to login with join with Webinar ID feature and keep track of the events on your calendar for the week and I do not have to create a separate calendar on my phone. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

On mobile it sometimes drops the call or spins in circles and is sometimes choppy. I also wish when I add the event after registering that it would send me a e-mail reminder an hour before start time even though its on my calendar I sometimes forget if I added it a week prior. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Keeping organized with my current events and ease of use with just one click and I am in. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I really like the ease of use to create and customize multiple sessions. My L&D team uses this tool constantly when we are create our list of classes and scheduling the class offerings. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

My L&D team has decided to do more sessions using our cameras. However, with GoTo Webinar, only the facilitator can show/use the camera. That feature we be great for everyone. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Instead of having to create a name or distribution list, our L&D department can schedule multiple sessions for training that allows each team to register at times that work for them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Digital Projects
What do you like best?

GotToWebinar has a clean and professional interface that works well for virtual events where you want to present a speaker or panel. The best thing is the video upload feature that provides high quality video and audio playback during the session. This is the only comparable platform that has this feature and sets it apart from the rest because of it. All other platforms I've tested only have screen share for videos and playback for those results in reduced frame rate and overall video and audio quality. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The main drawback to the uploaded video playback is that you cannot scrub through the video in case you want to go back to a previous point or speed up to a later point. You can only play and pause the video and if you close it, it starts from the beginning again. Also, when video playback is started, panelist mics are automatically muted. They can unmute but sometimes they forget and it can be troublesome when you do presentations where the panelist wants to talk over videos. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want a more controlled look and presentation and especially need to present high quality video, GoToWebinar is one of the only platforms available that lets you pre-upload video content to share during the session, which results in much better playback quality. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are an events based company and ever since the Covid-19 shutdown, we have had to find new ways to do business. GoToWebinar has not only allowed us to continue holding events, we are now doing more events than ever with higher attendance rates. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AI
What do you like best?

It is not complicated. Easy to set up because there is not much you can do to customize or format things. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

1. The customer service is some of the worst. Spent an hour on the phone just to have nothing resolved and still have nothing fixed after 36+ hours when a serious issue has occurred. CSM is largely unhelpful as well.

2. You can't even use the Marketo integration for a recorded webinar. They have no plans to fix this either so good luck doing a recorded webinar and syncing to Marketo!!

3. Not user friendly and the interface looks like it is out of the 90s. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

You can host only the most basic version of a webinar and then work really hard to figure out who attended or any other insights. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Aside from the ease and convenience of hosting a webinar, it is very easy to have multiple panelists and to have them presenting at different times. The end user experience is also great. Users can view in an app or in a browser. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I can't really think of anything to dislike. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Holding large company meetings with attendees from across the country. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It is set up primarily for Webinars, so that function works very well. It is easy to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not much. It is not as great for other purposes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Go for it! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We do webinars throughout the year to reach both our members and attract new ones. It just plain works. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UT
What do you like best?

It's easy and straightforward to use, it's robust and reliable too. The interaction tools are also very good - surveys, polls, handouts and videos - and useful to engage attendees, It also syncs with our marketing and CRM systems - Marketo and Salesforce - which is fantastic in terms of tracking, tagging and setting up alerts in terms of follow up. The automated emails to send the recording to attendees and non-attendee is also very useful (with different messages to each) and means no manual intervention.

Post webinar, recordings are very useful too and the analytics are great - attentiveness and viewing stats - help to review performance and the surveys after the event are great to get immediate and actionable feedback. All this for up to 500 attendees as standard and at a very reasonable price vs competitors make it an excellent platform that I highly recommend. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

A small one which is to make the chat window larger and more user friendly, so that it is easier to read whilst your in session and easier to respond. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's a great all-round product which is excellent value for money Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Customer engagement improvement with content, automated tracking in Marketo and Salesforce, automated follow up emails, surveys and sending a recording to all registrants. The platform also allows us to use the webinars after on-demand as standard too. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.