GoodHire

GoodHire

GoodHire simplifies and speeds background checks with customizable, on-demand services for organizations of all sizes. More than 75,000 employers benefit from GoodHire’s advanced technology that makes background checks easy, fast, accurate and compliant.

Work for GoodHire?

Michelle F.
Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about GoodHire
Angela R.

"Excellent Hiring Partner"

What do you like best?

GoodHire has been a strong partner to us. Their employment background checks are efficiently performed and I receive no hidden charges after the fact. I love that many of the results are instant and the interface to the tool is super easy to navigate.

What do you dislike?

This question is hard to answer, actually. We have used other companies where the timing of the results were unpredictable - as were the invoices. GoodHire is predictable in how quickly they complete employment background checks and I am never surprised when I receive my invoice.

As a niched recruitment / staffing agency, we needed a partner that not only provided effective employment background checks, but also completed these tasks efficiently at a reasonable cost. GoodHire does this for us. Additionally, they have created "bundled" packages to not only make it easier to order employment background checks per client, but also gives us a better rate when ordering an entire bundle.

What Background Check solution do you use?

Sean S.

"Excellent Background Screening Company"

What do you like best?

Having worked in the industry previously (at one of the big players), I'm uniquely placed to comment on GoodHire's strengths and weaknesses.

The site's UI/UX is top-notch and forward-facing. It helps that I'm familiar with the source material of course, but now that I'm on the client side of the coin, I still appreciated how quickly I was able to get set up, packages created, and start submitting orders. It's fantastically easy to navigate around and get to where I need to go.

Customer service is another big one. I continue to be astonished at the level of care and service we receive despite the fact that we surely are at the bottom end of their client base in terms of order volume. Our dedicated rep, Jory, always responds with speed, clarity and decisive action.

And, of course, the heart of the matter: TATs and accuracy are favorably comparable to what I know the big player I worked for was delivering at the time of my departure in 2016. The site provides updated ETAs proactively, which is a godsend at times.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much, frankly.

The only nitpick I have at present is that I wish client-facing notes for employment and education verifications were a little more comprehensive. They do add notes for calls made, numbers called, etc. But an additional layer of detail - did you leave a voicemail, did you get the front desk, were you transferred, etc - would instill further confidence for the client user.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's hard for me to say, as I was in the industry previously and didn't require much assistance in getting started. The only thing I can think of is to work with your account rep to ensure that your packages and billing codes are set up to your specifications.

Given our business (we're an employer-of-record service, essentially a middleman between a staffing agency and the "end client", or company they're placed at), we struggled to find a company that would take on our background checks. GoodHire heard our use case and worked with us to create a user agreement that would stay compliant while allowing us to get these checks done.

Their flexibility and forward thinking were infinitely appreciated.

AH
Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"Simple and effective, but has a couple challenges"

What do you like best?

I like that this company provides a quick and easy way to run our users' background checks and drug screenings in one place.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that 1) you cannot purchase just a drug screening, or any of their "add on" services al a carte. This makes it very difficult when we have employees who we have purchased background checks for in the past with a different company, who now only need a drug screening. I also dislike that if an employee does not provide consent for their drug screening, it will never alert the employee if they take too long and go past the deadline. We ran into this recently where an employee did not provide consent for 10 days after we ordered the drug screening. Our company gives a deadline of 2 days after offer acceptance. Since he did not provide consent, he did get any sort of warning of "You have 24 hours remaining" or "You have missed the deadline". He only got a notice that he took too long AFTER he gave the consent, already 10 days late. We obviously let him know manually, but this alert would have been hugely beneficial.

With the integration to BambooHR, we've been able to simplify our screening process.

"Very user friendly and easy to use"

What do you like best?

We are able to reach chat representatives very easily through phone or e-mail. Our Customer Success Manager is great and very responsive to all our questions. I like that GoodHire is always looking to improve and are always open to their customers' product suggestions. It's very easy to send the pre-adverse action e-mail to candidates and it is a function that is easy to use.

What do you dislike?

When viewing each candidate's background report, we are prompted each time to check off the box that we acknowledge receipt of the disclosure, and this gets a bit redundant and excessive to have to click every time. Also, if you are not active on your GoodHire page for some time, it will kick you out automatically, rather than giving you a few minute warning to stay active and logged in.

GoodHire returns most background screening results very quickly. We are able to get our associates started quickly as their results take only a few days to come back.

Tanya B.

"Goodhire Background Complete"

What do you like best?

The return rate is fast and efficient. The forms are fairly simple to complete. I like that I can get the applicants signature in advance with their forms and enter the information from the applicants information and keep their signature for reference if needed.

What do you dislike?

Hmmmmm, I am not aware of any. I have used GoodHire for domestic and international searches. The results were what I needed so I do not dislike anything as of yet. GoodHire does pass on additional fees when counties/states charge extra and I hope they are not adding to the fee charged by the state/county (only passing on what is actually charged them).

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Complete background check and more if needed. Also facilitates searches for applicants born other than USA.

I do not have to verify myself through each state agency or department. GoodHire has all the laws and regulations outlined in the pamphlet that we submit to our applicants and they can read it before they sign and also obtain a copy for their records if they want.

Alicia G.

"Very easy, changed the way we do business...seriously"

What do you like best?

It integrates with our ATS system. Cuts down our processing of background checks by 75%. By waiving almost all county fees, it's saved us so much money, too.

What do you dislike?

Lots of clicks, can get repetitive if you are doing a bunch of BGs at the same time. But it's still so much faster than our previous vendor, it's nitpicking.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's so easy, and way cheaper. And you can trust the results.

Ease of use, integration. I also trust the results, our previous vendor would return clear background checks despite candidates disclosing criminal backgrounds on applications. It's a steal at the cost.

"Worth the move! "

What do you like best?

GoodHire has incredible user experience. Initiating a background check is usually the first task candidates have to complete after accepting an offer, so it is important to us that they have a smooth and easy time completing the process. When we used our previous vendor, I would consistently get questions from candidates struggling to complete the process, but since we've moved to GoodHire, we've had nothing but good feedback.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was an easier way to get access to older, completed background checks. I have to pull background checks for auditing and it isn't simple to access after they've been automatically archived.

Before a new hire can start, comprehensive background checks have to be completed. GoodHire does this for us and helps us ensure our new hires can start on time!

Barbara C.

"Great product; superb customer service"

What do you like best?

Ordering reports is easy. Results come in quickly and are largely accurate. They have superb customer service.

What do you dislike?

Results are often archived before I get a chance to download them. Pending criminal cases have occasionally been missed.

Our large corporate clients require background checking of our employees, so we used it to ensure that we are compliant. It has also enabled us to catch nightmares before they happen, where an employee interviewed well and seemed perfect, then we found a truly scary criminal history.

Brad P.

"User friendly and Simple"

What do you like best?

Simple application process and user interface is easy to navigate.

What do you dislike?

The turnaround time can be unusually long for some applicants and the estimated delivery date for results is never accurate.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Speak to a sales rep about customized reports and pricing. It will save you time and money.

Their easy to use interface makes running background checks a quick and accurate process. There customer service is excellent should you run into any issues. They aim to please.

"No Fuss Background checks"

What do you like best?

I love that Goodhire allows individuals give consent and fill out personal information to go directly into the background check. This reduces potential data entry errors on my side, and allows me to front load the background check process rather than wait for day 1. It's also more secure on all levels and easier for the candidate.

What do you dislike?

The notification of a partial report. I understand that this might be of value to some employers but for my purposes, there's no use of a partial report, so sending me notification of a partially completed report is a bit redundant and of no use to me.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Worth giving a go for small-ish businesses. Really good for my present situations.

Speedy cost effective background checks. It used to be a big rigamarole to collect and enter in info for candidates, and now the whole process is significantly more streamline, allowing for onboarding of a new employee to be smoother and more efficient

"Keeps getting better "

What do you like best?

We are impressed with the turn around time of the background results. This is one of the most important factors for us when it comes to background checks and is an area t hat has continued to improve over our time with Goodhire.

What do you dislike?

I wish that we could sort the background checks by location. This is feedback I have given numerous times and am still waiting for action on.

Goodhire allows us to be extra confident with who we are hiring and also allows us to get more new employees through our doors quickly since the results come back sometimes within just a few hours!

Katarina K.

"Quick respond"

What do you like best?

Quick respond from the customer service rep. on any question I have.

What do you dislike?

If we need to expedite the service, not possible as each county has its own timeline of service.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

to expedite some cases when needed if the new hire starting in a few days, some counties take 6-9 days to process which delays our hiring.

background check for new hires.

AR
Administrator in Real Estate

"Great tool for busy recruiters and HR professionals"

What do you like best?

GoodHire was easy to use and easy to explain to employees. The dashboard was use to understand and navigate from the start. The customer service was outstanding and quick to resolve any issue that occurred. We rarely encountered any issues but when we did the customer service was outstanding. They worked to fix any issues while you were on the phone. They were also friendly and courteous no matter how basic the questions were.

What do you dislike?

Process to reset or reenter requests that expired. Due to hiring timelines and holidays, there were times where the request would expire before the applicant finished the process. This required a call to customer service or the re-entry of the request. It would have be great if there was a process to just refresh the request without reentering the request.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

GoodHire is easy to use and very efficient. We found it cost effective which is important to a small business wanting to maximize their budget. GoodHire saved us a lot of time with its processes and great customer service.

GoodHire helped save time and was cost effective for us. The time saved helped us better screen candidates for open positions.

"Amazing Customer Service"

What do you like best?

We have our own personal account rep that is always willing to go the extra mile to make sure that we are well taken care of as a company!!

What do you dislike?

Their service is great, wish they had a few more offerings for medical requirements but I am told that it is coming down the pipeline.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great tool and always looking for ways to improve their offerings.

Making sure that we are compliant with all client requirements. We are doing county, criminal, healthcare sanction and many other tests.

Gemma G.

"Great customer service from GoodHire!"

What do you like best?

I like best about GoodHire is that the response time!

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I dislike about GoodHire.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Consider GoodHire for your background screening

Selecting candidates based on the information provided by GoodHire. They are thorough and very helpful when I need extra information.

"Excellent Customer Service and highly accurate background checks"

What do you like best?

If there is any questions the customer service team is excellent, I always speak to someone within a minute or two and whomever I get on the phone they are professional and knowledgeable in their response.

What do you dislike?

Nothing! There is not a thing that we do not like about the service provided by GoodHire,

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Can not beat the customer service

Screening is very important for hiring with Doctor on Demand, we have been able to weed out individuals that do not meet our high standards

Greg H.

"Goodhire is just good"

What do you like best?

Although my experience with goodhire is minimal I used it daily for over 5 months. It is easy to use and quick. Their customer service is through

What do you dislike?

As I said before the customer service is through. Sometimes a bit too in detail. I appreciated them helping as I was learning to use it without training. But often they would explain in detail each and every detail.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's good was the name implies

We needed a good background check company that was both affordable and trusted. The benefit we have now is a reliable verification of our potential employees.

Thomas S.

"Great service and response to inquiries."

What do you like best?

I like having a dedicated rep who knows our business.

What do you dislike?

Pricing is not always clear at the time of submission as we have several different packages set up.

Having the ability to run checks is an attractive thing to our clients.

"Closing my GoodHire account"

What do you like best?

They are good until it comes to the employment verifications.

What do you dislike?

The 2-3 day turnaround was 12 days. The report finally came after I personally made numerous calls to GoodHire. The hold up was "Employment Verifications". The ironic thing is that I am the person they would be calling to verify employment for the reports and it took them 12 days to contact me. - after I called daily and complained. I finally called to speak to a supervisor, who was "not at his desk" so I left a message for him to call me, which he never did, but I finally received the call to verify employment.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Look around for another company. You're going to want results, not excuses.

Background screenings (that take them forever to deliver)

EM
Executive Sponsor in Management Consulting

"Easy to use. Quick, meaningful results"

What do you like best?

Ease of on-boarding - took less than 48 hours from ordering the background check to getting results. FCRA compliance was quite helpful.

What do you dislike?

Too many chatty emails after sign-up. It's not necessary for GoodHire to send as many emails as they do.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try them for a single background check to see the form and format of the reports. Theirs met our requirements.

Mandatory background check completed quickly for new hire.

"Easy to use and fast results!"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to submit the information and the speed of reply. I also appreciate i can see where each one is in the process.

What do you dislike?

I dont have any strong dislikes at the moment

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Ease of use and quick to implement

It alerts me via email when a background comes in and needs to be looked at, so i am not constantly logging back in to review

UN
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Goodhire Review"

What do you like best?

The turn around time and how easy it was to use.The system operation is very easy and only basic information is needed. I was able to get results back within a day the first time i used it.

What do you dislike?

It lacks different screenings.Most employment screening sites offer you more extensive searches such as physical exams and drug-test screenings. These screenings help you make a more informed decision about who to hire.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

GoodHire is a good site if you want to perform basic searches on potential employees. Since the site doesn’t offer a large assortment of tests like most employment screening sites, you are limited with the information you can find out.

checking backgrounds in a timely manner

Erica P.

"Good Hire makes hiring easier"

What do you like best?

Good hire used background information software to select qualified candidates!

What do you dislike?

I dislike how unorganized the information is once you have the information back about candidate!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

its good for anyone who wants a quick background check but could be more efficient!

While with Maurice's it is essential to screen every applicant that applies to find a good fit for the company, it showed what (if any) stealing took place!!

"Easy and efficient! "

What do you like best?

The UI is great. Very easy to pinpoint what is pending and want needs to be taken action.

What do you dislike?

So far, Goodhire has been really useful and probably the best background check system I've used.

It's made my day to day job really easy as an HR personnel.

Joshua H.

"Super easy integration with our ATS and a good level of info for background checks at a good price."

What do you like best?

Administrative convenience. I love that it integrates well with our ATS to help make for a cohesive onboarding experience.

What do you dislike?

No dislikes! It's a very easy platform to use.

We wanted to implement a more legally compliant talent acquisition & onboarding process, and background checks have helped make that possible.

Jose L.

"Best Customer Service"

What do you like best?

Customer Service. My Agent Tracy Hall is always on point. Call her she calls back, email her and receive a quick response.

What do you dislike?

Everything with this product works for me and our company.

Quick turnaround time. Acknowledgment of different State Background check procedures and timeline.

"Would recommend Goodhire highly"

What do you like best?

When we need a new hire right away, the comprehensive background checks along with sex offender, OIG, etc helps us expedite this. GoodHire does this for us and helps us ensure our new hires are a good fit for us.

What do you dislike?

I do not like all of the alerts that are seemingly not valid which delays the process.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend

Needing immediate hires and enabling us to make quick decisions

AC
Administrator in Construction

"GoodHire"

What do you like best?

The quickness and ease of request & processing of background checks.

What do you dislike?

Not being able to customized package types needed in specific occasions.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Purchasing a bundled package could save some money, if you utilize the same types of background check requests on all employees.

I utilized GoodHire for background check processing for a company that employed people all over the country. Easy request & processing allowed all information to be returned in a timely manner.

"Fast turnaround, great support team "

What do you like best?

The amount of time it takes to process a background check is so quick!

What do you dislike?

The searching options for your candidates is not great.

It allows for use to get employees to start to work faster

Lily B.

"GoodHire review"

What do you like best?

That is it userfriendly and it can be really easy to navigate.

What do you dislike?

It is hard to get everything on one platform sometimes.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It has been good so far!

I've solved the hiring problem

"Background Checks with a smile!"

What do you like best?

ease of reviewing information, my contact is quick to get back to me with answers.

What do you dislike?

I receive feedback that entering the information can be confusing on the employee side

We are a school so we need to do background checks for all employees, Good Hire make it easy to have all the data in one place

AA
Administrator in Automotive

"The system is slick, doesn’t work well with high volume manufacturing employees"

What do you like best?

Self service feature and the application. Both are slick and easy to use.

What do you dislike?

There are inconsistencies with the feedback. Easy process for salary employees but not so much with hourly.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Seems we are the biggest client for Good Hire, would be better if they were equip to seamlessly check manufacturing folks.

Self service feature and application, slick, modern, easy to use.

AI

"Great for Basic Background Checks"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use. You can put in the candidates info or ask them to,

What do you dislike?

I think it is a bit pricey for the basic check.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great product~ very easy to use. Quick turn around

We find it essential to run at least a basic check on all employees. Good Hire makes it easy.

Perla I.

"Outstanding Service"

What do you like best?

Customer Service /Response/ Quality of service

What do you dislike?

Not Applicable/ I like everything about GoodHire

Recommendations to others considering the product:

GoodHire provides great support and excellent customer service.

Applicant screening.

UF
User in Food & Beverages

"good hire software review "

What do you like best?

good hire software gave me a software solution to checking out a potential hire

What do you dislike?

it was a bit slow, but it could have been the connection

Recommendations to others considering the product:

no recommendations to report at this time

good hire software gave me a software solution to checking out a potential hire and it worked

AI

"Good Start!"

What do you like best?

It’s user friendly and very easy to navigate. It’s pretty fast. Customer service was very helpful.

What do you dislike?

It seems that I was always having to use addon and pay for additional checks. It could before pricey.

Quick and easy background checks that ate reliable.

AH
Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"HR review "

What do you like best?

Very easy program to use which makes it easy to train staff.

What do you dislike?

Like any other program you just have to get use to navigating through the system .

Hiring qualified candidate and screening them in /out.

"Great and Intuitive "

What do you like best?

It's very easy to use, simple, and great customer service.

What do you dislike?

As of now, there isn't anything that I have come across that I dislike.

It was simple to help streamline the hiring process.

"quick and easy"

What do you like best?

user friendly platform and easy customer set up

What do you dislike?

report result with small discrepancy is hard to understand

Proactively ensure safety of all employees and avoid employment claims

"decent background check platform"

What do you like best?

Hs many integrations with HRIS partners, easy to navigate and very user-friendly.

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far, everything works as expected.

background checks for new hires

Learn more about GoodHire

GoodHire Videos

Learning about GoodHire?

* We monitor all GoodHire reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.