Chalk

Chalk converts any document into a form that can be signed or filled out online.

Work for Chalk?

Learning about Chalk?

Chalk Reviews

Showing 4 Chalk reviews
Chalk review by Carol L.
Carol L.

"Chalk - Very User Friendly"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to color code my sections. I also like that it is easy to add the common core standards for my state. Both of these make it very user friendly. The fact that it is available through the app stores makes it more accessible on more devices. I like the different features including Markboard, Planboard and attendance. The Resources functions are super helpful as well. It provides a way to save and share the lessons that have been created. This would provide another way to collaboratively share resources between teachers.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that I am unable to add and overlap my sections. I teach multiple grade levels and subjects. I sometimes have 2 grades in at the same time or the same grade but the students are in my room for different subjects.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I believe this would be a great tool for general education classrooms or teachers that only have 1 subject at a time. If they can figure out how to allow multiple lesson plans during 1 time slot, then it will be usable to those teachers as well.

It is much easier to create a color coded schedule than using Excel. I like the accessibility of the program and its Resources tab. This allows me to share materials with colleagues and provides a place to store them easier than Google Drive. It allows me to easily move between lessons so that if a group is ready to move on, I don't have to hunt for my plans for the next lesson. Same is true if I need to reteach lessons.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Chalk
Chalk review by Joelle M.
Joelle M.

"Pretty user friendly "

What do you like best?

Some features are easy to self-learn without having to hunt for a tutorial. I love how east it is to view the different courses as well as the different tabs that are there to separate your status within the course (for example teaching assistant would be separate from teacher and would also be separate from student).

I also found it very easy to enter grades for a class and to manipulate the different columns (whether it was to set the total or hide the column from students).

What do you dislike?

It can get kind of confusing when trying to access modules that are required to be completed. The mobile integration could be improved (I had a really hard time managing class chalk site on my phone).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to read some of the tutorials that are available on the main web page. It happened to me that I removed shared information and I would not have been able to figure out how to restore it without going through the tutorials.

It can get kind of tricky figuring out how to access the training quizzes (such as the fire & safety training module). All the more when it is not well specified on the email you receive to remind you to do it. If you are stuck, I again recommend going through the help page or just using the search bar to get more information.

Very easy to manage class content such as course materials and homework grades

What Online Form Builder solution do you use?

Chalk review by User

"Education Planning"

What do you like best?

Saves all lessons from previous years to import and revise. Upload and attach documents on each day as well as insert links for videos. Ability to plan as far ahead as needed and can make changes at any time as needed. Like the ability to shift days ahead.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really except you have to resize to print. At the beginning, it was slow and you had a hard time getting into system but in year 2 that improved and had no issues logging in or working in program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Like the ability to share easily and import previous lessons and modify as needed. No longer having to redo lesson plans every year. Big time saver!

Shortens up time spent on lesson planning and love the ability to share instantly with team.

Improves on team collaboration and all teachers on the same page. Plus it allows team planning where you are only planning one subject.

Chalk review by User in Higher Education

"Learning Software"

What do you like best?

Easy to set up. Does not take much time to familiarize yourself with the software.

What do you dislike?

Difficult to link with other systems. At least, I haven't been able to yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for multiple classes

Aggregating student data into one place. also, great for running reports

There are not enough reviews of Chalk for G2 to provide buying insight. Below are some alternatives with more reviews:

Learning about Chalk?

* We monitor all Chalk reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.