Broadstreet Reviews & Product Details

What is Broadstreet?

Broadstreet is an Ad Manager that caters specifically to the needs of direct, digital ad sales. It's a platform best suited to city and regional magazines, local news websites, trade journals, and radio broadcaster. Broadstreet is a long-term sponsor of CRMA, LION Publishers, and similar publisher associations.

Broadstreet Profile Details

Broadstreet Reviews

1-25 of 38 total Broadstreet reviews
President

"Innovative and responsive"

What do you like best?

Broadstreet keeps creating new formats to wow advertisers. Rotating cubes, social media, YouTube, countdown clocks--the list is never-ending. Broadstreet also has been responsive when advertisers ask me for specific features, and its team is diligent about fixing any bugs that pop up. (Glitches are rare.) Additionally, Broadstreet's experience is a plus. The team shares useful insights and marketing tips, and it's always seeking new and powerful ways to help its customers succeed.

What do you dislike?

The challenge in this industry always is providing maximum value for small businesses on tight budgets. So far, Broadstreet is meeting that challenge. The user interface on the back end could be streamlined a bit.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Broadstreet provides a rich array of features and products for WordPress sites; most are plug-and-play.

Broadstreet puts a lot of arrows in my quiver when I sit down with prospective advertisers to make the case for digital over print ads. Some customers have asked specifically for formats they have seen, and liked, on my site. Broadstreet's detailed, snappy-looking reports also are helpful at renewal time, for demonstrating and comparing the performance and reach of clients' ads.

Partner/Business Manager

"Broadstreet Is A Tech Partner That We Can't Do Without"

What do you like best?

The creativity and customer service that Broadstreet brings to the table is amazing. I have occasionally suggested new ad units to them and they've developed them and made them available to me - and the rest of their customers - within 24-36 hours. Kenny and his team are, in no uncertain terms, ad tech pioneers. They just bring an immediate understanding and mastery to the table with respect to all the varied business models that are popping up throughout the online news industry. They know what works and why, and they available all the time.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing that I can honestly think of that I dislike about Broadstreet. The fees are more than reasonable for the amount of flexibility and service they provide. I've used a lot of ad servers over the years but eventually settled here because they have built their service around the needs of publishers like us. That dedication to our mission is unique in the ad serving / ad tech industry.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Broadstreet expands a publisher's capacity and provides tons of flexibility to a one- or two-person news site.

Let's say your sales are good but your ad design is bad, Broadstreet has a bunch of ad units available that basically eliminate the need for a graphic designer. If your client just wants to get a simple message out to customers, you can literally have a basic ad campaign up and running in under a minute. It's that easy. Clients who want complex campaigns with a lot of nuance like conversion tracking and email ad placements will also be well served. It's just a fantastic suite of products for publishers, large or small.

Note that while Broadstreet is not a free service, in the big scheme of things their monthly rate is so low that if you're not bringing in enough revenue to cover it you probably shouldn't be in the advertising business. That's not meant as a knock on anyone - it just means that their ad units sell themselves.

Broadstreet provides ad units that actually generate real, viable clickthrough rates. Every once in a while we offer a totally new Broadstreet ad style to our customers, and our readers are fascinated by it and the click numbers are amazing. Everyone's happy. And once that newness wears off, there's always another new ad unit being made available.

And the reporting Broadstreet provides with every campaign is second to none. It's interactive. I have customers who write back to us after we've sent reports on the performance of their ads to tell me that they couldn't produce a better looking breakdown of the data for their clients themselves even if they worked at it. Happy customers keep coming back.

Publisher

"Digital Ads Made Better"

What do you like best?

Broadstreet delivers an ad serving software platform that's easy to use and makes a critical part of my business run more smoothly and efficiently than ever before. It's a company with top-notch, responsive customer service and one that constantly innovates their product.

What do you dislike?

I've been using Broadstreet's ad serving platform for about a year and my only regret is that I didn't implement it on my website sooner.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take a test drive of the software to get a feel for its flexibility and options. It's worth every penny.

Broadstreet's ad serving software makes it easy to manage my digital ad inventory and saves me time in the process. Their platform is easy to understand, and generates reports for my advertising clients that give them the analytics they need to know their advertising dollars are better spent with me than competitors. The software also offers tons of ad formats, so I can offer my advertising clients unique options they won't anywhere but with us.

Owner/Founder Heightsites.com

"Wonderful Ad Serving Tool for Hyperlocal Websites"

What do you like best?

The customer service is terrific. If I have a problem with an ad appearing on my site either backend (some strange coding issue) or frontend (text doesn't look right or the image isn't centered) there is help within an hour or two...sometimes even minutes with a customer service rep assigned to my account. The reporting/statics are very good too. I often use the zip code information to show my clients (local businesses) the location of the potential customers looking at their ads.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I dislike about Broadstreet.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Go for it. Terrific platform.

Broadstreet helps me offer the businesses in my community a unique way to advertise on my site. Broadstreet's many different and engaging ad formats enable local businesses to catch my readers eyes and present their products/services. For example: I have a client extremely active on Instagram so I'm able to present their feed between my content on my site. When she updates those daily updates appear on my site. I also work with real estate agents, Broadstreet offers formats including galleries, slideshows or showcases--wonderful options for my clients.

Owner

"Best ad server I've found"

What do you like best?

The best features are faster ad loads than Google DFP, the developer is very responsive to requests, and it offers many custom ad formats that are all mobile-friendly and responsive. Also, it's quick to learn how to set up ads -- no knowledge of coding needed.

What do you dislike?

1. Sometimes the city-level reporting on the analytics reports showing where clicks came from can be off by about 20 miles. Not bad, unless your publication is hyperlocal and you need to show advertisers that the clicks came from users in a specific city.

2. The standard monthly rate for Express is a bit too high for local publishers just starting out. Would be good to have a lower price around $100/mo for publishers until they reach 100k pageviews/mo on their websites (or equivalent in ad impressions). However, it's worth the investment for anyone planning to grow their website through advertising.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

No need to look anywhere else.

1.) automated ad serving, with little effort required of staff time.

2.) offering customized ads to clients.

Media Production

"Broadstreet is helping attract quality sponsorship"

What do you like best?

I like the versatility of the ad options and that I can have several ads running for the same client at the same time. I think the options help us to be more creative, and I love that we can share previews with our sponsors. And they really like the analytics.

What do you dislike?

I wish that there was a client management aspect included; that would be easier for those of us working as a team. And by that, I mean a place to keep notes about the clients and their ads. Also, it's a bummer about ad blockers ... but what can you do?

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take advantage of Broadstreet's webinars and YouTube videos, they'll really help you around the learning curve.

You're helping us offer our sponsorship clients much more than just an ad. They've got something cool to show off; they're proud to share the articles where their dynamic ads appear. And, they like the analytics -- our competition isn't offering them that option. It's easy and quick to create most ads which is helpful when you've got a small team, as we do.

Editorial Director

"Broadstreet brought up revenue in the six figures"

What do you like best?

Broadstreet is easy to use and includes a ton of great features. Some of my favorite features are:

• They were great to work with in the implementation and set up and worked with us to get our ads served across our five different websites.

• I LOVE that I can quickly create spec ads to show clients in minutes. This could take days to complete with other ad servers. Their different ad formats they offer are also very attractive to advertisers.

• Their support is fantastic. Any time I've emailed them with questions, they always respond within an hour or two. They also have a private Facebook group for users so it's nice to hear what other publishers are doing.

What do you dislike?

It can be a steep learning curve at first.

The price is also a little high at first glance but once you dive into the costs, you're getting a lot of bang for your buck.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're looking for a reliable ad server that is far simpler than most of the other servers out there, I highly recommend Broadstreet

Digital advertising. Before we brought on Broadstreet, we were using Double Click for Publishers, which was complicated and took a lot of resources we couldn't throw at it. However, Broadstreet was able to help streamline our digital advertising and offer new and exciting products to our customers.

Editor and Publisher

"Exceptional Product, Exceptional Service"

What do you like best?

Broadstreet offers an incredible variety of creative advertising options at an affordable rate. Their service is second-to-none. Any time I've had a question about anything, the responses were quick and easy to understand. While the ad units seem complex, setting them up is easy. Clients are also able to login to their accounts and change their ads at any time. That's a great time saver for me. I give them my highest recommendation.

Broadstreet continues to innovate. The different types of ad units appeal to a variety of businesses. Ads are an easier sell because there's so much to offer. There's always something new coming down the pike. Most often, clients use the Banner image. One likes the "Amazing 3D Cube." I've had clients use the Facebook placement, Event Promotion ads, and YouTube ads.

What's especially nice is clients get to see the number of impressions, hovers, and clicks. They get regular reports which they can tailor to their own specifications. For the client who loves data, there's a ton of data for them to review.

Most of all, this is a company that works to always stay a step ahead. I'm very happy with Broadstreet.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing I dislike about Broadstreet. Any time I've asked for a new feature, Kenny & crew were quick to implement, or they were already thinking ahead.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Jump in. This is an innovative and creative company.

Serving ads to multiple clients, reducing stress on my server, with easy to track campaigns.

Publisher

"Outstanding service and value"

What do you like best?

There are many things to like about Broadstreet, but what really sets this organization apart from the rest is the lightning speed for responses to requests for special help when one is needed. In the media business, we can't afford to waste time, and when I have a question I appreciate the team is willing and able to address it so quickly. The ads are responsive, mobile friendly, and unique, and I know that my business would not be where it is today if I had not chosen Broadstreet.

What do you dislike?

I don't know that there's anything I dislike. There are a few ad formats that don't work with my platform, but that's on my end, not theirs, and they've been quick to add new features and styles based on consumer feedback.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be sure to discuss scalability and how it will work for your platform. Kenny and the group will work with you to find a custom solution that works - and is effective.

I'm offering cutting edge advertising solutions for my newsroom's clients and can offer detailed analytics reports that support our ongoing marketing efforts. Clients can see how they've performed over time, and Broadstreet makes it easy.

Special Projects Coordinator

"A+ customer service + support"

What do you like best?

The folks at Broadstreet care about your business and are invested in helping you succeed. It's refreshing being a small company and still being able to get quick, attentive service whenever you need them. They also work hard to make their services affordable. Two thumbs up to Kenny + his team.

What do you dislike?

To be completely honest, I never had a negative experience with the product or service. The platform always performed as expected, which was such a relief compared to experiences with my previous vendor.

Broadstreet allowed me to easily, quickly evolve my publication's digital display capabilities to meet the needs of advertisers. The best asset they have is that they're always ready and willing to help you tackle any problem. When you work with Broadstreet, you also get a substantial amount of support from Kenny's ad-tech experience and consultative approach. I paid for a SAAS service but got the added value of a consultant and advisor free of charge.

Account Manager

"Couldn't live without it!"

What do you like best?

Broadstreet always has small publishers in mind and tailors their offerings to us. They make things simple and clear so that, no matter your technical ability, you can use the system comfortably. The team is super responsive, not only to problems, but to suggestions or requests. I can't imagine running our ads without Broadstreet.

What do you dislike?

I can't really think of anything that I don't like about Broadstreet. Again, if there's ever a concern or request, it is handled quickly and thoroughly.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You won't find a higher level of customer service, innovation, and quality.

Broadstreet allows us to support multiple ads and multiple ad formats and gives us the analytics we need to communicate effectively with our clients. Advertisers love the reports and the accountability we offer.

Media Production

"Broadstreet Is a Game Changer Ad Server"

What do you like best?

They have a great number of options to create different ad formats in a very simple way no designer needed. Working on Wordpress it is really a simple plug and play after you create the ad. The dashboard is simple to navigate and they have analytics report pages which can be shared with clients. Their customer service is great with a short turnaround when asking questions

What do you dislike?

For me there are no dislikes, once you get up to speed play around with the different options you are good to go. There is a learning curve but that is to be expected with any new program, if you have questions Kenny is there in a timely manner. Have not had any bad experiences with Broadstreet.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking to get into the digital ad came it is worth your while to explore Broadstreet. They have a lot of great ad formats right now and are regularly implementing new ones. Questions are answered in a timely manner (tech support) and they are very open to feedback and new ad ideas.

Not having to always have a graphic designer on hand to create an ad. With so many different ad options, it is simple to provide a quick and easy digital ad option for clients. The benefits for me a print publication is that I can now offer digital advertising options, and not just standard banner ads. Kenny and his team have created (and continue to launch new ads) cutting edge ad formats for a wide variety of our clients

Publisher & Editor
(Myself Only)

"I'm a (Broadstreet) Believer"

What do you like best?

I have been on board with Broadstreet for going on five years now and in a lot of ways I feel like my business has grown as theirs has. And I don't think that's a coincidence. Kenny is a remarkable business leader and visionary. He has proven this with his time, talent and tireless pursuit of ever better products for us; products my advertisers love, and which I know give me a competitive advantage over other publications. He's always been responsive and that is very important to me because I am basically out in left field a lot of the time, doing what I do. I see him as an ally. I hope to be with Broadstreet for a long time to come and I think I will be.

What do you dislike?

I only wish I had more time to dive deep into everything Broadstreet is doing as far as its development of new tools and advertising products. For example, I know I still have a lot to learn about ParkAve before I can truly begin to sell it effectively. That's nothing to do with Broadstreet. In fact they're actively helping me do that. It's just an inherent challenge that comes with the territory of being a small indie online news publisher.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would look at websites that are using Broadstreet for ad hosting and compare them with sites that aren't. The types of ads you see I think will be noticeably different, in a good way. I would also reach out to Kenny if you have any questions or concerns. He's always been very responsive with me and I'm sure he will be just as responsive with anyone else who's considering using Broadstreet. Or just ask me. I would be happy to recommend them.

I'm selling more ads in less time. That's in large part because of the suite of innovative products that Broadstreet offers. I am able to recommend specific types of ads to businesses and demonstrate their effectiveness to my advertisers. I'm still learning about what will work best in some cases, but with Broadstreet I have the confidence that whatever I recommend *will* work. It's all about optimizing the sale from there.

Advertising Sales Manager, Former Daily Editor, Freelance Writer

"Broadstreet has made selling digital ads easier, more efficient, and economical."

What do you like best?

The ad formats are distinctive, engaging. The fact that I can make so many ads on my own is fantastic. I use them to pitch sales, augment sales, and impress my clients. I'm in control of the whole process which is great, as we are a small shop. Bonus: they provide excellent reports with graphics - very professional - so we look like pros - and whenever I have a question, they are quick to assist.

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything I dislike. But there is always room for improvement - as far as the DIY graphic design elements go.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a try, get the demo, ask a lot of questions, use their DIY ad formats as a sales tool.

For serious advertisers, we can compete with Google ads and FB ads on value, if not on price. A lot of formats can be further customized, which makes us even more responsive to our customers. The accurate data reporting offers accountability and credibility in the advertising marketplace.

"I have monetized my website with Broadstreet"

What do you like best?

4 things that I like best are:

1. Easy interface... I am not a computer genius but I can easily upload and manage my ad inventory using Broadstreet's interface

2. Personal service on the phone with experts.... unlike most online/internet services today, I have a dedicated person I can call who will help me post ads and will spend time making sure my advertisers are happy.

3. Reporting analytics... Broadstreet allows for easy to use performance analytics that I provide to advertisers so that they know impressions and clicks on ads.

4. Affordable... Broadstreet is affordable and has paid for itself many many many times over

What do you dislike?

Any issues I have had over the 2 years I have worked with Broadstreet have been addressed in a timely manner

Recommendations to others considering the product:

My recommendation is to get this product implemented, give it a try and make your life easier. You will not find a better team of people to help you monetize your website.

I used to spend hours and hours and money getting my ads posted correctly to my website and then more hours and money to create performance analytics. Broadstreet has saved me tons of time and tons of money

Co-founder and Publisher

"Unrivaled support"

What do you like best?

Broadstreet does everything we need in terms of ad serving, but what really sets it apart is the responsiveness and support of the management team. Whenever we've had issues, however minor, we've had near-instant response and satisfaction

What do you dislike?

Very happy with the product. No significant dislikes. I know there's a product roadmap to extend and augment capabilities, so anything that isn't there now will be there in the near future

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Talk to Kenny and his team. They'll be honest and helpful.

Our site, Berkeleyside, relies on serving ads to our readers for the major part of our revenue. So Broadstreet is absolutely mission critical for us. Couldn't be happier.

Owner & Editor

"Ideal turnkey ad service for independent publisher"

What do you like best?

Three things: 1. The unique geo-centric data provided in ad performance reports. 2. The wide variety of ad formats available to different types of businesses, especially the Editable Ads, and 3. The ease of use of Broadstreets dashboards and campaign creation tools.

What do you dislike?

On rare occasions I feel a bit helpless if there is a problem with an ad rendering, as I have no background in development.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Talk to business owners who rely on Broadstreet.

I make a comfortable living as the reporter/publisher of an online news site covering a small town (pop. 20,000). My revenue is 100 percent advertising based, and 100 percent served by Broadstreet. The benefits are immense, but I would summarize by saying that I am living a dream job and earning a living that far exceeds what reporters earn at national newspapers.

COO

"Personal Customer Service for a World-Class Product"

What do you like best?

Broadstreet has changed the way we do business and has taken our ideas to adapt their products to best fit our site. We would not have seen the growth of our ad revenue if we had stayed on DFP.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything off the top of my head. I do think some more backend reporting would be nice so that we can better estimate our inventory.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would 100% recommend Broadstreet. Contact me anytime.

We use Broadstreet to serve all of our digital banner advertising on the site and in our email newsletters.

Owner & Editorial Director

"Broadstreet Ads saved my company, then helped it grow"

What do you like best?

I run a media company and returned home from a much-needed vacation only to find my ad-server plugin shit itself and I received a barrage of emails from advertisers asking why they weren't getting much impressions. I even lost a few advertisers. Then I was referred to Broadstreet and its the best investment I have EVER made in our company. Not only is the Broadstreet dashboard easy to use, the near-hundred variations of ads we now utilize and how they're staged on the site has led to nonstop activity as far as potential advertisers reaching out to our promotions department looking to advertise. Not only that, its employees go above and beyond for you, their partner. And they treat you like a partner. Certainly the finest third-party company I've ever had the pleasure of dealing with. - Michael White.

What do you dislike?

The survey software is making me fill this part out, but i have no dislikes. What I will say, is that I had a coder friend I know in the industry develop a plugin that helps distribute a websites side-bar ads on desktops within content (every few paragraphs) on mobile devices. Also, this same friend coded my sites so that a small margin with the word ADVERTISEMENT appears above these ads that appear throughout the content. It would be cool if Broadstreet developed a similar service for news companies; distributed marked ads throughout content seems to be the trend in media at this moment and I don't see it going anywhere.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This will be the best money you ever spend.

Our ads stage so very nicely on the site now with a lot of flexibility that local and regional business owners have taken notice and want in. The ads that get populated by a company's latest Facebook or Instagram posts are highly attractive, especially as Facebook makes it harder and harder for businesses to gain traction organically, and Facebook continues to increase the price for paid reach.

"Awesome experience!"

What do you like best?

Unique & innovative ads that are quick to create. Their platform is super user-friendly and easy to use. We can create a mock ad and send to our potential clients within 5 minutes, which would never happen with our old ad server. Their customer service is the biggest brownie points. Incredibly talented and helpful.

What do you dislike?

Their plans can get expensive since we're charged every month.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Always use the help from Broadstreet. They helped us transfer our whole ad server from DFP within a snap. They even offer trainings for our new team members as well, which I never knew it was an option. Their customer service is just so great.

DFP ad server couldn't serve our customized needs and what they offer was too robust and takes a lot of time for a small team to spend effort and labor time on figuring things out. Not to mention their product was very standard and basic, so pretty much every single bigger competitor in the area are using the same platform. We switched to Broadstreet as an investment to our Digital department and hoped to stand out from the bigger fishes in the area. And the decision did not disappoint us.

Consultant, Canon

"Broadstreet Ads has been a game changer for us"

What do you like best?

Broadstreet's support is fantastic. I switched our site to Broadstreet because we could not get support from DFP for anything. Broadstreet has provided an answer and assistance every time I have needed it. I also like the variety of ad options they offer. We don't take full advantage of the options currently, but they have some options we are considering that you won't find on DFP.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I dislike about Broadstreet.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would highly recommend Broadstreet. The support is top notch. The product does what we need it to do and we are very happy with it.

We were using DFP and ran into a technical issue that I was not able to solve, and it turned out that there was noone "at" DFP to support our needs. I found Broadstreet after that and have not looked back, even though DFP was free, I'm happy to pay the monthly for the support, reaction time and ad options.

"Responsive and innovative!"

What do you like best?

Broadstreet has been a game changer for our site and I feel like they are part of our team. I know I can count on Broadstreet to look out for innovations in other areas as well as continue to innovate their own platform.

What do you dislike?

Nothing - we have been very satisfied with Broadstreet.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a great team!

Broadstreet has helped us tackle advertiser requests and come up with new ways to entice advertisers by meeting their needs. Having Broadstreet as a revenue partner has helped us edge out competition.

Director of Advertising Sales

"Their Answers Are Nearly Always Yes, or They Provide a Workaround"

What do you like best?

Broadstreet is such a flexible platform, I've been impressed with the number of options that can be used to individualize ad campaigns.

With questions and support, their communication loop is always within 24 hours and usually with 2 hours.

What do you dislike?

I sometimes have trouble with file size, in most cases, the file size must be exact or it will not upload. This is actually my own issue, getting the correct file size from advertisers that design their own ads is a communication piece that sometimes needs to be repeated over and over.

Presently, we are working on a some new ads that we are planning to make available to advertisers in our daily newsletter.

I can't imaging tracking our ad scheduling without their reliable software platform.

Editor & Publisher

"Broadstreet is the road to the future of online advertising "

What do you like best?

Broadstreet provides a top-notch platform for an incredibly affordable price, with unsurpassed service. With a focus on local and niche media entrepreneurs, Broadstreet's team is a partner in paving the way forward at a time when so many other platforms are unresponsive and merely looking to hoover up a percentage of sales while actively competing for the same advertising/sponsorship dollars.

What do you dislike?

Not a thing........... (40 char minimum filler text.....)

Ease of use, stability and security, and creative responsiveness to the challenges of small & medium online publishers.

Editor and Publisher

"Excellent servicea lot"

What do you like best?

The thing I like most is the responsiveness to emails. I'm a small publisher muddling through the advertising sales world, and having someone to ask questions is critical. Also, the system is flexible, intuitive, and easy to use.

What do you dislike?

There isn't a lot I dislike about the system.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it out and take one of the little demos.

This one is easy: revenue. I"m mostly a publisher, editor, and reporter. I needed something to support ad sales that I could use as a non-specialist.

Broadstreet Pricing

9.6
Ease of Setup
Average: 8.2*
* Publisher Ad Server Category
Do you work for Broadstreet?

Broadstreet Categories on G2