Broadstreet Reviews & Product Details

Broadstreet Overview

What is Broadstreet?

Broadstreet is an Ad Manager that caters specifically to the needs of direct, digital ad sales. It's a platform best suited to city and regional magazines, local news websites, trade journals, and radio broadcaster. Broadstreet is a long-term sponsor of CRMA, LION Publishers, and similar publisher associations.

Broadstreet Details

Broadstreet is a ad management and revenue generation platform for local, digital news publishers.

Broadstreet Ads

Broadstreet Reviews

Showing 46 Broadstreet reviews
Already have Broadstreet?
Editor and Publisher
What do you like best?

The thing I like most is the responsiveness to emails. I'm a small publisher muddling through the advertising sales world, and having someone to ask questions is critical. Also, the system is flexible, intuitive, and easy to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There isn't a lot I dislike about the system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it out and take one of the little demos. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

This one is easy: revenue. I"m mostly a publisher, editor, and reporter. I needed something to support ad sales that I could use as a non-specialist. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Publisher
What do you like best?

The Broadstreet platform is very intuitive. The learning curve is not steep. And the customer service is excellent. The Broadstreet team responds quickly to both simple queries and complicated technical questions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really. Perhaps more details related to each ad format — what platforms they work best on, options and controls available on each ad, but it's really very intuitive overall. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend Broadstreet without hesitation. Their interface is easy to use. They offer a wide variety of ad formats to which my clients have responded positively. And their customer service is very responsive and friendly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I needed a simple ad server to launch ads on my website, which gets a large amount of traffic for my community. Broadstreet has been that server. Their system is excellent. Ads appear and function perfectly. I am a content guy, not a tech guy, so I had a few hiccups on my end and Broadstreet has been incredibly responsive to every question I've had. Their team and customer service is wonderful. I worried about getting an ad server where I had to wait days for responses if there were questions or technical glitches. But I have no such worries with Broadstreet. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Board Of Directors
What do you like best?

Can I choose more than 1? I like the easy functionality of the program and the ads, but also that they can be customized to be more complex if you wish. The service has been exceptional as well whether it be a basic question or much more complex coding to customize an ad. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

To be completely honest, I have sat here for a moment or two trying to think of something that could use improvement, but I can't come up with anything. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I have worked with Tiffany in customer support on several different occasions from helping me with some of the basics of creating some ads to custom coding on the amazing cube ads. She has been an absolute pleasure to work with and always so kind while helping me with whatever I need, in an expedient yet personally dedicated manner. In my experiences throughout the business world, I will tell you that I think she is a rare find as people who do quality work, make clients feel they are getting personalized attention, and are as pleasant as she has been to me, are very few and far between. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

My clients are getting fantastic click through rates with the ad templates in place, even better than when they submit an ad of their own. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UO
What do you like best?

When I reach out to our Broadstreet representative, Tiffany, she is always helpful and quick to respond. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that we cannot schedule campaigns with gaps in between run dates. For instance, if I have an ad that is running every other week, I cannot schedule one week on, one week off, one week on, one week off, etc. I have to schedule a separate campaign for each week the campaign is running. It would be great if we could just click on the dates that we want and leave off the dates that we don't want so that we can schedule campaigns like this further ahead. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are able to offer a variety of ad options to best suit individual advertisers' needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Broadstreet offers a wide range of revenue-generating ad sizes for webzines like mine and other digital platforms. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found a downside with working with Broadstreet. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would advise them to go ahead and hire Broadstreet. They have the best intentions to bring revenue into your business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Right now, working with small businesses and using Broadstreet, I can offer affordable advertising options to my clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UO
What do you like best?

I like that when I have an issue I can send an email to our account reps, and one of them responds within 1 business day. If it is an emergency, they are always quick to get on a call and walk us through an issue. Recently, I needed a training and gave them about a one day notice. They had no issue, and walked me through the training the next business day! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only issue I have is that it takes a lot of steps to get campaigns uploaded. It is straightforward enough, but it takes awhile to get there. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are able to give clear and dynamic reporting with Broadstreet, which is an issue we had in the past. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Managing Partner
What do you like best?

The customer service is awesome! Even the owner of Broadstreet has reached out with an offer to help answer any questions I might have. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I initially had some problems figuring out how to use Broadstreet. The Broadstreet staff, including its creator, has been amazing in its response to me. I wish every digital product or service provider was this responsive Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Love being able to place and schedule ads on my news website -- www.WEHOville.co -- and, most of all, to be able to track views, clicks, etc., which is incredibly valuable to our advertisers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Special Projects Coordinator
What do you like best?

The folks at Broadstreet care about your business and are invested in helping you succeed. It's refreshing being a small company and still being able to get quick, attentive service whenever you need them. They also work hard to make their services affordable. Two thumbs up to Kenny + his team. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

To be completely honest, I never had a negative experience with the product or service. The platform always performed as expected, which was such a relief compared to experiences with my previous vendor. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Broadstreet allowed me to easily, quickly evolve my publication's digital display capabilities to meet the needs of advertisers. The best asset they have is that they're always ready and willing to help you tackle any problem. When you work with Broadstreet, you also get a substantial amount of support from Kenny's ad-tech experience and consultative approach. I paid for a SAAS service but got the added value of a consultant and advisor free of charge. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AB
What do you like best?

Any question I ask, no matter how small or if its a repeat, is answered quickly, with professionalism and respect. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We havent found any downsides to using Broadstreet. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We were spending a great deal of time struggling with our ad placement. The Broadstreet team, especially Tiffany, stepped in and solved it immediately, making our time as a whole more efficient and providing great expertise. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

President
What do you like best?

Broadstreet keeps creating new formats to wow advertisers. Rotating cubes, social media, YouTube, countdown clocks--the list is never-ending. Broadstreet also has been responsive when advertisers ask me for specific features, and its team is diligent about fixing any bugs that pop up. (Glitches are rare.) Additionally, Broadstreet's experience is a plus. The team shares useful insights and marketing tips, and it's always seeking new and powerful ways to help its customers succeed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The challenge in this industry always is providing maximum value for small businesses on tight budgets. So far, Broadstreet is meeting that challenge. The user interface on the back end could be streamlined a bit. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Broadstreet provides a rich array of features and products for WordPress sites; most are plug-and-play. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Broadstreet puts a lot of arrows in my quiver when I sit down with prospective advertisers to make the case for digital over print ads. Some customers have asked specifically for formats they have seen, and liked, on my site. Broadstreet's detailed, snappy-looking reports also are helpful at renewal time, for demonstrating and comparing the performance and reach of clients' ads. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Partner/Business Manager
What do you like best?

The creativity and customer service that Broadstreet brings to the table is amazing. I have occasionally suggested new ad units to them and they've developed them and made them available to me - and the rest of their customers - within 24-36 hours. Kenny and his team are, in no uncertain terms, ad tech pioneers. They just bring an immediate understanding and mastery to the table with respect to all the varied business models that are popping up throughout the online news industry. They know what works and why, and they available all the time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing that I can honestly think of that I dislike about Broadstreet. The fees are more than reasonable for the amount of flexibility and service they provide. I've used a lot of ad servers over the years but eventually settled here because they have built their service around the needs of publishers like us. That dedication to our mission is unique in the ad serving / ad tech industry. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Broadstreet expands a publisher's capacity and provides tons of flexibility to a one- or two-person news site.

Let's say your sales are good but your ad design is bad, Broadstreet has a bunch of ad units available that basically eliminate the need for a graphic designer. If your client just wants to get a simple message out to customers, you can literally have a basic ad campaign up and running in under a minute. It's that easy. Clients who want complex campaigns with a lot of nuance like conversion tracking and email ad placements will also be well served. It's just a fantastic suite of products for publishers, large or small.

Note that while Broadstreet is not a free service, in the big scheme of things their monthly rate is so low that if you're not bringing in enough revenue to cover it you probably shouldn't be in the advertising business. That's not meant as a knock on anyone - it just means that their ad units sell themselves. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Broadstreet provides ad units that actually generate real, viable clickthrough rates. Every once in a while we offer a totally new Broadstreet ad style to our customers, and our readers are fascinated by it and the click numbers are amazing. Everyone's happy. And once that newness wears off, there's always another new ad unit being made available.

And the reporting Broadstreet provides with every campaign is second to none. It's interactive. I have customers who write back to us after we've sent reports on the performance of their ads to tell me that they couldn't produce a better looking breakdown of the data for their clients themselves even if they worked at it. Happy customers keep coming back. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Publisher
What do you like best?

Broadstreet delivers an ad serving software platform that's easy to use and makes a critical part of my business run more smoothly and efficiently than ever before. It's a company with top-notch, responsive customer service and one that constantly innovates their product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I've been using Broadstreet's ad serving platform for about a year and my only regret is that I didn't implement it on my website sooner. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take a test drive of the software to get a feel for its flexibility and options. It's worth every penny. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Broadstreet's ad serving software makes it easy to manage my digital ad inventory and saves me time in the process. Their platform is easy to understand, and generates reports for my advertising clients that give them the analytics they need to know their advertising dollars are better spent with me than competitors. The software also offers tons of ad formats, so I can offer my advertising clients unique options they won't anywhere but with us. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner/Founder Heightsites.com
What do you like best?

The customer service is terrific. If I have a problem with an ad appearing on my site either backend (some strange coding issue) or frontend (text doesn't look right or the image isn't centered) there is help within an hour or two...sometimes even minutes with a customer service rep assigned to my account. The reporting/statics are very good too. I often use the zip code information to show my clients (local businesses) the location of the potential customers looking at their ads. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I dislike about Broadstreet. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Go for it. Terrific platform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Broadstreet helps me offer the businesses in my community a unique way to advertise on my site. Broadstreet's many different and engaging ad formats enable local businesses to catch my readers eyes and present their products/services. For example: I have a client extremely active on Instagram so I'm able to present their feed between my content on my site. When she updates those daily updates appear on my site. I also work with real estate agents, Broadstreet offers formats including galleries, slideshows or showcases--wonderful options for my clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner
What do you like best?

The best features are faster ad loads than Google DFP, the developer is very responsive to requests, and it offers many custom ad formats that are all mobile-friendly and responsive. Also, it's quick to learn how to set up ads -- no knowledge of coding needed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

1. Sometimes the city-level reporting on the analytics reports showing where clicks came from can be off by about 20 miles. Not bad, unless your publication is hyperlocal and you need to show advertisers that the clicks came from users in a specific city.

2. The standard monthly rate for Express is a bit too high for local publishers just starting out. Would be good to have a lower price around $100/mo for publishers until they reach 100k pageviews/mo on their websites (or equivalent in ad impressions). However, it's worth the investment for anyone planning to grow their website through advertising. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

No need to look anywhere else. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

1.) automated ad serving, with little effort required of staff time.

2.) offering customized ads to clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Publisher & Editor
What do you like best?

I have been on board with Broadstreet for going on five years now and in a lot of ways I feel like my business has grown as theirs has. And I don't think that's a coincidence. Kenny is a remarkable business leader and visionary. He has proven this with his time, talent and tireless pursuit of ever better products for us; products my advertisers love, and which I know give me a competitive advantage over other publications. He's always been responsive and that is very important to me because I am basically out in left field a lot of the time, doing what I do. I see him as an ally. I hope to be with Broadstreet for a long time to come and I think I will be. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I only wish I had more time to dive deep into everything Broadstreet is doing as far as its development of new tools and advertising products. For example, I know I still have a lot to learn about ParkAve before I can truly begin to sell it effectively. That's nothing to do with Broadstreet. In fact they're actively helping me do that. It's just an inherent challenge that comes with the territory of being a small indie online news publisher. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would look at websites that are using Broadstreet for ad hosting and compare them with sites that aren't. The types of ads you see I think will be noticeably different, in a good way. I would also reach out to Kenny if you have any questions or concerns. He's always been very responsive with me and I'm sure he will be just as responsive with anyone else who's considering using Broadstreet. Or just ask me. I would be happy to recommend them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm selling more ads in less time. That's in large part because of the suite of innovative products that Broadstreet offers. I am able to recommend specific types of ads to businesses and demonstrate their effectiveness to my advertisers. I'm still learning about what will work best in some cases, but with Broadstreet I have the confidence that whatever I recommend *will* work. It's all about optimizing the sale from there. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner
Media Production
What do you like best?

I like the versatility of the ad options and that I can have several ads running for the same client at the same time. I think the options help us to be more creative, and I love that we can share previews with our sponsors. And they really like the analytics. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish that there was a client management aspect included; that would be easier for those of us working as a team. And by that, I mean a place to keep notes about the clients and their ads. Also, it's a bummer about ad blockers ... but what can you do? Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take advantage of Broadstreet's webinars and YouTube videos, they'll really help you around the learning curve. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

You're helping us offer our sponsorship clients much more than just an ad. They've got something cool to show off; they're proud to share the articles where their dynamic ads appear. And, they like the analytics -- our competition isn't offering them that option. It's easy and quick to create most ads which is helpful when you've got a small team, as we do. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Editorial Director
What do you like best?

Broadstreet is easy to use and includes a ton of great features. Some of my favorite features are:

• They were great to work with in the implementation and set up and worked with us to get our ads served across our five different websites.

• I LOVE that I can quickly create spec ads to show clients in minutes. This could take days to complete with other ad servers. Their different ad formats they offer are also very attractive to advertisers.

• Their support is fantastic. Any time I've emailed them with questions, they always respond within an hour or two. They also have a private Facebook group for users so it's nice to hear what other publishers are doing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It can be a steep learning curve at first.

The price is also a little high at first glance but once you dive into the costs, you're getting a lot of bang for your buck. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're looking for a reliable ad server that is far simpler than most of the other servers out there, I highly recommend Broadstreet Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Digital advertising. Before we brought on Broadstreet, we were using Double Click for Publishers, which was complicated and took a lot of resources we couldn't throw at it. However, Broadstreet was able to help streamline our digital advertising and offer new and exciting products to our customers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Editor and Publisher
What do you like best?

Broadstreet offers an incredible variety of creative advertising options at an affordable rate. Their service is second-to-none. Any time I've had a question about anything, the responses were quick and easy to understand. While the ad units seem complex, setting them up is easy. Clients are also able to login to their accounts and change their ads at any time. That's a great time saver for me. I give them my highest recommendation.

Broadstreet continues to innovate. The different types of ad units appeal to a variety of businesses. Ads are an easier sell because there's so much to offer. There's always something new coming down the pike. Most often, clients use the Banner image. One likes the "Amazing 3D Cube." I've had clients use the Facebook placement, Event Promotion ads, and YouTube ads.

What's especially nice is clients get to see the number of impressions, hovers, and clicks. They get regular reports which they can tailor to their own specifications. For the client who loves data, there's a ton of data for them to review.

Most of all, this is a company that works to always stay a step ahead. I'm very happy with Broadstreet. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing I dislike about Broadstreet. Any time I've asked for a new feature, Kenny & crew were quick to implement, or they were already thinking ahead. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Jump in. This is an innovative and creative company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Serving ads to multiple clients, reducing stress on my server, with easy to track campaigns. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Publisher
What do you like best?

There are many things to like about Broadstreet, but what really sets this organization apart from the rest is the lightning speed for responses to requests for special help when one is needed. In the media business, we can't afford to waste time, and when I have a question I appreciate the team is willing and able to address it so quickly. The ads are responsive, mobile friendly, and unique, and I know that my business would not be where it is today if I had not chosen Broadstreet. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't know that there's anything I dislike. There are a few ad formats that don't work with my platform, but that's on my end, not theirs, and they've been quick to add new features and styles based on consumer feedback. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be sure to discuss scalability and how it will work for your platform. Kenny and the group will work with you to find a custom solution that works - and is effective. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm offering cutting edge advertising solutions for my newsroom's clients and can offer detailed analytics reports that support our ongoing marketing efforts. Clients can see how they've performed over time, and Broadstreet makes it easy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Business Owner
Public Relations and Communications
What do you like best?

The Broadstreet platform is incredible easy to use, intuitive and the ad selection is impressive. The team is also very responsive to questions when they arise. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are no downsides to using Broadstreet. Our experience with them has been seamless from beginning to end. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Their product is easy to use and your employees can pick it up quickly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Prior to using Broadstreet, we used a web plugin for advertising. It was terrible. We have more interest and interaction with our ads since signing on with Broadstreet. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Account Manager
What do you like best?

Broadstreet always has small publishers in mind and tailors their offerings to us. They make things simple and clear so that, no matter your technical ability, you can use the system comfortably. The team is super responsive, not only to problems, but to suggestions or requests. I can't imagine running our ads without Broadstreet. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I can't really think of anything that I don't like about Broadstreet. Again, if there's ever a concern or request, it is handled quickly and thoroughly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You won't find a higher level of customer service, innovation, and quality. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Broadstreet allows us to support multiple ads and multiple ad formats and gives us the analytics we need to communicate effectively with our clients. Advertisers love the reports and the accountability we offer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Advertising Sales Manager, Former Daily Editor, Freelance Writer
What do you like best?

The ad formats are distinctive, engaging. The fact that I can make so many ads on my own is fantastic. I use them to pitch sales, augment sales, and impress my clients. I'm in control of the whole process which is great, as we are a small shop. Bonus: they provide excellent reports with graphics - very professional - so we look like pros - and whenever I have a question, they are quick to assist. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything I dislike. But there is always room for improvement - as far as the DIY graphic design elements go. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a try, get the demo, ask a lot of questions, use their DIY ad formats as a sales tool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

For serious advertisers, we can compete with Google ads and FB ads on value, if not on price. A lot of formats can be further customized, which makes us even more responsive to our customers. The accurate data reporting offers accountability and credibility in the advertising marketplace. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AM
What do you like best?

4 things that I like best are:

1. Easy interface... I am not a computer genius but I can easily upload and manage my ad inventory using Broadstreet's interface

2. Personal service on the phone with experts.... unlike most online/internet services today, I have a dedicated person I can call who will help me post ads and will spend time making sure my advertisers are happy.

3. Reporting analytics... Broadstreet allows for easy to use performance analytics that I provide to advertisers so that they know impressions and clicks on ads.

4. Affordable... Broadstreet is affordable and has paid for itself many many many times over Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Any issues I have had over the 2 years I have worked with Broadstreet have been addressed in a timely manner Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

My recommendation is to get this product implemented, give it a try and make your life easier. You will not find a better team of people to help you monetize your website. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I used to spend hours and hours and money getting my ads posted correctly to my website and then more hours and money to create performance analytics. Broadstreet has saved me tons of time and tons of money Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Co-founder and Publisher
What do you like best?

Broadstreet does everything we need in terms of ad serving, but what really sets it apart is the responsiveness and support of the management team. Whenever we've had issues, however minor, we've had near-instant response and satisfaction Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Very happy with the product. No significant dislikes. I know there's a product roadmap to extend and augment capabilities, so anything that isn't there now will be there in the near future Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Talk to Kenny and his team. They'll be honest and helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our site, Berkeleyside, relies on serving ads to our readers for the major part of our revenue. So Broadstreet is absolutely mission critical for us. Couldn't be happier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UO
What do you like best?

I like the "set it and forget it" mentality of broadstreet. I can just set-up a campaign and not have to worry about checking impressions or clicks as it all generates on its own report. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes some of the ad formats can be a bit "buggy" but customer service is pretty quick to respond and help fix the issue. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Customer service is great. It's very easy to use but has a lot of options for customization. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It allows us to run banner advertising on our small website. We are able to sell to local advertisers and run different creative ad formats. We also love the reporting (impressions/clicks etc). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Do you work for Broadstreet?

Broadstreet Categories on G2