Marvel Reviews & Product Details

Marvel Overview

What is Marvel?

Design and Prototyping for everyone. No coding required. Sign up free!

Marvel Details
Discussions
Marvel Community

Design and Prototyping for everyone. No coding required. Sign up free!

Marvel App
2013
London, United Kingdom
@marvelapp

Marvel Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Marvel community
Have you used Marvel before?

Marvel Reviews

Showing 211 Marvel reviews
Already have Marvel?
UI/UX Designer
What do you like best?

I like the extended prototyping options that allow me to do more like link, anchor, scrolling, last visited & layered image. I like the extended prototyping options that allow me to do more like link, anchor, scrolling, last visited & layered image.I like the extended prototyping options that allow me to do more like link, anchor, scrolling, last visited & layered image.I like the extended prototyping options that allow me to do more like link, anchor, scrolling, last visited & layered image.I like the extended prototyping options that allow me to do more like link, anchor, scrolling, last visited & layered image.I like the extended prototyping options that allow me to do more like link, anchor, scrolling, last visited & layered image.I like the extended prototyping options that allow me to do more like link, anchor, scrolling, last visited & layered image.I like the extended prototyping options that allow me to do more like link, anchor, scrolling, last visited & layered image.I like the extended prototyping options that allow me to do more like link, anchor, scrolling, last visited & layered image.I like the extended prototyping options that allow me to do more like link, anchor, scrolling, last visited & layered image. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Animation needs to be more smooth. Selecting the position again to animate is irritating. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

As it is very hard to show to the client my vision & the end product view Prototyping helps me a lot in that case. That is the main benefit. And also excellent wireframing experience. Collaboration is spot on. which I didn't get from the sketch app. Getting it today might be the best decision for anyone. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Prototyping is a great thing for me. As it is very hard to show to the client my vision & the end product view. that is the main benefit. and also excellent wireframing experience. Collaboration is spot on. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Product Designer
What do you like best?

1. Clean and simple UI

2. Project management capabilities are really good (For example arranging prototype in folders really helps)

3.Onboaring new users to marvel and to prototypes is really helpful

4. I usually make a new section in the prototype for new features and share it across to get feedback (Sharing a section in a prototype is really helpful)

5. Love the fact that artboards are synced with unique IDs which makes it easier to change names as I wish Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

1. Hiding on-screen buttons at a prototype level is really annoying. There could be a shortcut to toggle on and off these buttons when the user is in a view mode

2.Positioning layers in marvel is really difficult and there's no way I can move a layer very slightly

3.It was very hard for us to transition from InVision to Marvel as I had to replace screens one by one manually and replacing workflow is not very userfriendly

4. Marvel doesn't allow to duplicate prototypes and its a need for me

5.User testing is really broken as of now. As I have to create a prototype for a simple path and then create a user test on top of it which is really frustrating. I found Maze really good for this

6. Marvel doesn't allow us to position layers by specific pixels which is needed as our modals should be place 104 px form the top Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am a product designer

1. I make prototypes on marvel and share it with relevant stakeholders to get feedback

2. Salespeople use these prototypes for sales pitches

3. Developers in my team use marvel inspect to develop and download assets Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Open Discussions in Marvel
UX Designer
What do you like best?

The versatile way you can build your screen flows and right away test with real users. Without missing the collaborative mindset, Marvel helps with handling feedback sessions and work asynchronously with many others in the team by providing comments on-the-fly. The inspector is also a very handful feature when handing-over to engineers not needing to specify pixel-perfect UIs on user stories anymore. The Marvel interface also helps me in managing my projects and test sessions, it's an intuitive and easy-to-use application that invites you to share and collaborate. I got surprised when I noticed the new feature of test recordings, which is quite helpful and you can always come back to check whether users were able to go through the tasks or not, so you can address proper adjustments and refinements on your project regarding users pain-points. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I couldn't find any downside so far considering the projects I've been working on. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Strongly recommend to try it out on your end-to-end process, how your colleagues and customers would interact with it and how Marvel would fit on your daily basis job. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Clearly, Marvel helps on validating ideas very quickly by enabling you to setup drafts and wireframes into a logical screen flow, which is very helpful considering you can right away experiment with real users or just present to your peers and stakeholders in order to check in on your idea verification. Besides that, during solution definition and refinement phases of a design process, the collaboration features are indispensable if you want to approach a problem with different perspectives and gather as much feedback as possible. Also by enabling a detailed inspect on the prototype, prevents you to specify every little detail of your UI and flow on a document, which would be redundant and considering other tools in the market Marvel solves this very well done. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AE
What do you like best?

When searching for a design tool to replace invision, I continued to be impressed by the process of investigating Marvel. The people I spoke to were incredibly friendly and seemed to genuinely want to help us with our design needs. I was also impressed by how familiar each Marvel employee was with the product - answering specific questions from the point of view of a user. They were also very helpful and responsive during our migration process. Even though we are a small company, we felt like we were a priority which was a nice change from invision.

The tool itself is amazing. As a UX Researcher, I really appreciate the user testing tool. My team finds Marvel, in general, intuitive and innovative from a design perspective. Our stakeholders have had zero issues using the tool as viewers. Seeing how Marvel is continually improving is great. A small-sized company feel with a large impact! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything to put here. I think the only thing I've noticed is that there doesn't seem to be a way to preview a user test without creating a result. But this is easily solved with the ability to delete your "fake" result. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for an easy tool to manage design prototyping - this is a great option. It's also a nice replacement for invision if you are looking to reduce tooling costs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We were looking for a design prototyping tool for a reasonable price for a small team. The benefits have been an intuitive way to display designs to stakeholders, a great hand-off mode for developers, and incredible capability to do unmoderated user testing from Marvel itself. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior User Experience Designer
What do you like best?

I am UX Designer so I am using this for prototyping purpose. It is easy to use. I found the usability testing is easy through mobile app. I also design one complete app in this app. Apart from Marvel app i used other app as well but the interface of this app i found more easier then others. I glad to have this app.

Also best part is, it is free for 1 user 1 project. So i learned it free of cost which is good thing. I will definitely recommend for enterprise purpose in my organization. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I could not find yet. But only thing i thought, marvel should have provide at least of 3 projects. When i used it in my initial stage, will definitely share whenever i found. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You can use this App to increase your efficiency and creativity. It would enhance your creativity to show good amount of interaction to client. You can show your output without any development work with only your interaction. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I created low fidelity wireframes and mobile app prototype with good amount of transitions with marvel. I found it very good for Usability Testing. So this very good to check on mobile and other stuff. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Product Designer
What do you like best?

1. Fast prototyping and easy to create.

2. No need for extra apps or subscriptions in order to create prototypes.

3. Easy to share link. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

1. Prototyping capabilities is quite limited, micro interactions and other advanced prototyping functions are not available.

2. Having to create several prototypes in order to test different use cases. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use Marvel for fast and quick usability testing. Easy to share link and create prototype with hotspot and deliver fast testing result to suit your needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

1. Quick user testing.

2. Material to stimulate input during in-depth interview.

3. Basic usability to view and test user flows. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UX Designer
What do you like best?

1. Clean and playful UI

2. Easy to share and collaborate

3. The onboarding is easy

4. I can show prototypes on mobile Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The animations are not as smooth when compared to some other competitors. Also, there are compatibility issues. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're looking for a tool that helps you convert your designs to prototypes easily, give Marvel a try! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Presenting prototypes instead of just designs, especially to business/management makes a huge difference. It brings in a factor of awe when they get to experience "how it works" and not just how it looks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Peer Leader
What do you like best?

The UI is extremely user friendly and feels intuitive even for a newcomer. It's an incredibly handy tool for visual aid on presentations. I see it as a good addition for designers and marketing folks. It offers just enough to make it a decent platform to try out. I enjoy how it basically holds your hand in a way as you're starting out and it makes it easy to learn and master fairly quickly, once you do, it's straightforward and just a matter of creating the right path and flow that fit your particular needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It's not very robust in terms of features and feels a bit limited/basic. It doesn't really stand out. Price to unlock the full mode is a bit steep for what it is. It's decent enough to try, but at the moment it's not worth the investment. I used the free version during my time with this software, but I was curious about pricing, and for what it offers, the price is not worth it in my opinion. Unless you're actually doing these types of projects for a living, upgrading to a plan for just yourself doesn't seem like a good deal. With just a little more work on your part, you can probably save the $12 a month and get away with only using the free plan on occasion when you really need it. However, other software out there allows you for this level of sophistication in presentations, it's just about sitting down, learning a bit on your ow. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

An accessible way to present projects in a visual way that is eye-catching and easy for speakers and clients to follow. Platforms such as Powerpoint/Keynote, etc are easy to use, but for the purpose of my particular need at the time, Marvel offered the quickest and painless experience. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UI UX Designer
What do you like best?

The visual experience is great. It’s playful colour palette makes the product exciting. The image loading feature is the main feature and its the best. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I think the architecture and the layout of the product is very different from its other competitors in the market. It’s also one key factor when it comes to user conversion rate because other users are very much used to standard layout for UI UX Design. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

There is a lot going on in content creation software domain. It is very important to consider competitive softwares in the same domain. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The main benefit or extra benefit I see using marvel is anyone who is not designer (maybe a project manager etc.) can create a quick mock up from the images and its very good idea. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Graphic designer
What do you like best?

Amazing collaborative tool work on design and share assets with the developer. I love to work with this tool. Superb designing tool for beginners and newcomers in this field. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Prototyping feature needs some more work like other software have Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I think better tool for UI designer especially for beginers Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I design prototypes and UI designs for my clients. Also collaboration with other designers and developers for development. I can easily export assets for development purposes. I also use this then I show prototypes to my clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like the ability to add stock images from the Unsplash integration. This allows you to choose more realistic photos that resonate well with individuals.

Their website is very easy to use and find information. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I feel that the selection of typefaces available is quite limited. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

See if your brand typography is available in their library. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use Marvel for design iterations for UI work in marketing materials. It is easy to get ideas on a page very quickly and can easily share these with different stakeholders on my team. Due to the limited typefaces available, we cannot get a true idea of how something could look. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The simplicity of it. It is really easy to create a prototype, link it to a colleague and have them review it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing I disliked about the product itself. It would be nice to have developer output/inspector feature. Would prefer to use one product rather than another tool for developer collaboration. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Good for its price point. Easy and simple to use. Only annoyance is having to use another tool for developer collaboration but for its price point you can't go wrong. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Mainly we used it for prototypes & product design reviews in-house. The commenting system is nice and clear. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UD
What do you like best?

dasdafasdfasdfasdkfaskdfdasdafasdfasdfasdkfaskdfdasdafasdfasdfasdkfaskdfdasdafasdfasdfasdkfaskdfdasdafasdfasdfasdkfaskdfdasdafasdfasdfasdkfaskdf Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It has improved a lot as far as I can see. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I didn't know you could create wireframes within marvel, that was very interesting to know.

It has the ability to support sketch now which was good to know. Didn't notice it ~2 years ago when I first used it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Collaboration is the most important part in this type of tools so Marvel have this amazing feature for collaboration of developer and designer.Amazing designing feature this tool have in it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some limitation is designing prototype .also i am waiting for more features like other tool have so i can permanent move on this Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Collaboration with developer because i am designer thats why i really need this.In other tools i feel more limitation than this so thats why love this module in this tool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UL
What do you like best?

Clickable prototype feature helps to build the product flow so easily. With this, receiving feedback and peer review becomes so smooth at prototyping stage itself Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Navigation and organising the uploaded screens is tedious. A seamless and easy way to manage uploaded screens is necessary Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Rename the screens in a proper chronological way, this will help mooing the flow in the Marvel easily Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Reduces the load and effort of flow mapping and paper prototyping. With Marvel, prototyping and reviewing product flow has become easier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sr. UX/UI Designer
What do you like best?

I like best in that that whenever we update or modify our prototype, it updates instantly without hitting refresh and without any glitch Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I feel its architecture is bit different from others, so for some users who are coming on Marvel, from other tools, may feel some difficulties, same I felt when I used it first time Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I can say biggest problem solving is, in Marvel it takes less time to create design and prototype and it updates the prototype instantly Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Looking for oppertunity in unity 3D
What do you like best?

A big part of what I do as a UX Designer is trying to understand the user. Although the tool has a good amount of features. Its amazing for 2D game designing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Limitations in design.some features of game designing is missing Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Native Apps Designing,No Limitations in Design. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

it is very helpfull for mobile designing also help in 2D game designing and better communication from client Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like that there is a free plan.

Sometimes I also need to set a password to a specific prototype. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I'm not using it a lot, because of other services available. I rarely want to upload a lot of screens (even via plugin), so I'm using inbuild prototyping features of Sketch and Figma. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Usability testing

Presenting flow mechanic to stakeholders Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UX Designer
What do you like best?

Uploading wireframes is very quick and seemless Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Just when I'm in the project and to be able to click on the actual wireframe as a button, instead of clicking Edit Design button underneath it. But its only a small detail. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Its great for user testing. Sending prototypes to stakeholders for review is great. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior UX/UI Designer
What do you like best?

How easy it is to use. The drag and drop of screens are super useful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I still don't understand if it's free or not? Is it a subscription model? Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Prototyping when I don't have access to invision. Benefits - it is free, easy to use and gets the job done. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Pix! - Founder and iOS Developer
Founder
What do you like best?

Simple to use, clean and incredibly interactive Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I didnt have a downside or dislike when using the product Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It does everything very easily, I'm new to this career where I had to build prototypes and I didn't even need a demo or watch any instructions videos Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Product prototypes Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Presenting our design to client and stakeholders which looks like working in a live app is one of the best I can say Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

No option for sideholder while prototyping is frustrating. which is a needy feature for prototyping. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Design feedbacks rectified easily with comments option. Also user testing which helps me to analyse user behaviour. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

integrated with design tools that I frequently use, like sketch and figma Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

only one project free for the personal user Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

easy to use, light loading time Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I could see how my designs worked along with the flow and steps I created Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Module Lead Designer
What do you like best?

The tool is simple for Sketch users and easy to learn Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

compatibility with Adobe Softwares which is the most frequently used in IT companies in India Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Majorly to convert hand sketch wireframes to digital Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.