Marvel Reviews & Product Details

What is Marvel?

Design and Prototyping for everyone. No coding required. Sign up free!

Marvel Screenshots

1-50 of 141 total Marvel reviews

Marvel Reviews

1-50 of 141 total Marvel reviews
Ashley May

"Still our most commonly used fast prototyping tool"

What do you like best?

Marvel made early leaps in their integration with Sketch – whilst InVision grew a wider feature set, some of it was prone to bugs and Marvel always seems stable and usable. The support and customer contact is great, and Marvel reach out to the industry regularly to show they listen to users.

What do you dislike?

Marvel hasn't really evolved in terms of its core features in a while now. Whilst other prototyping tools with a steeper learning curve allow for more complex interaction using code and data, Marvel could have stepped up to fill the void with a wider, more customisable feature set for non-coding designers. Instead that void is being filled by other tools and apps.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

For a great, robust rapid prototyping tool with a gentle learning curve, Marvel is invaluable. For those looking for greater interaction fidelity or incorporation of data, there are other tools available.

We use Marvel to create realistic, high-fidelity prototypes for validation of designs and customer research purposes. With Marvel you get a decent enough range of interaction patterns to mimic real-world digital builds. The comment feature means we can also use for collating feedback and iteration.

Founder and Lead Product Designer/Developer

"Marvel is 🔥"

What do you like best?

Marvel feels like a really solid, quality product. You can tell the team put in a lot of work to making it feel just right. It's a joy to use, really fast, and integrates seamlessly into Sketch without intrusion. Tying screens together and adding animations is quick and easy, and the mobile previewer app works great.

What do you dislike?

It heightens the barrier to entry for user testing and feedback if users have to sign in to leave comments on a design. I wish, when sending out a public link, I could choose to allow comments from people without Marvel accounts. This would make it much easier for quick user testing/feedback. Something as simple as letting the user enter their name with their comment and maybe a random ID so that I can tell who is who.

I'm able to solve the problem of communication within the team by showcase how the user flow and experience should feel. I'm able to create prototypes that can be used by real people, outside the organization, and collect feedback to enhance the product in future iterations.

Non Executive Director
Construction

"Fast and effective tool for early stage prototyping"

What do you like best?

The speed of setting up and project and the ability to have unlimited viewers and collaborators on the feedback side is very powerful for our use case.

What do you dislike?

Some very minor UI issues when dealing with big projects can be annoying but these are often non-repeatable and are representative of any software that ends up dealing with lots of large image files.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it out with one project - time how fast it is vs other alternatives (you will be suprised how easy it is) and it's so cheap that if you are a start up you can easily afford to use it

Prototype validation and feedback with key product champions over 2 countries - speed to feedback and the scale of the feedback (easy to send to many people and get their feedback).

Designer d'interfaces

"Marvel makes me happy!"

What do you like best?

MarvelApp is really easy to use. Creating a prototype is very simple and fast. It's even easier with the Sketch plugin. I like the fact that when you draw a hotspot and select the destination screen, the transitions list appears and you can preview the animation. It's not much, but very appreciated, especially when you're prototyping an 50 screens app!

We also like the community and the support. People at Marvel have always been reactive.

What do you dislike?

I think it would be great to be able to separate spaces, like in Zeplin for example, we can put a title for a selection of screens. It is very convenient for big projects. Sometimes the grid can be very long and it's not always easy to find the screen you're looking for. This way, I could have the same groups in Sketch, Marvel and Zeplin (if not already using Handoff)

And also, before, we had the possibility to change the device's color. It was very useful for presentations for example. It would be great to have another device : tablets with 16/9 screens. Actually, we use the "Website/TV" resolution and when we watch the prototype on that kind of tablet, we can not turn the device into landscape mode, so the tests are not really good.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Don't hesitate!

Clients can imagine themselves or their users using the app. It's very important for them to download the prototype on their phone, if the project is an app for example. They can navigate between screens and they communicate more easily with us!

Graphic Design Intern

"Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

The thing I like best is that this software can be used online and also has an app to use on the go. This makes it easy to make any changes you need to make wherever you are. This is a very easy straightforward simple app to use to get started and familiar with prototyping.

I also love that you can keep your files organized in Dropbox and whenever you make changes to those files they will automatically sync and update in marvel which saves a lot of time deleting files,adding files, and re doing all of your hotspots.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I want more animations on how a real site or mobile app would work with different objects scrolling in at different times or parallaxing objects.

You only get a maximum of two opened projects to work on with the free plan. I’m not quite sure if I am willing to move forward with this software in paying $16 for a premium plan.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a staple product to have say if you are a student as was I when I first using Marvel to prototype mobile apps for my school projects.

This basically helps to see if your initial designs will work and what changes need to be made moving forward with the design and layout process.

Senior UI Designer

"My favourite quick prototyping tool"

What do you like best?

I really like Marvel, and I preferred it to Invision or Adobe XD, etc. Not just the whole interface and flow (screen previews, easy creation of hotspots, actions and transitions) but features too. Integration with sketch is perfect. Make me create decent prototypes in no time (with overlays, link to videos, etc)

What do you dislike?

I'm not sure I can find something negative about Marvel. Only thing maybe is that Invision Studio has a powerful tool to manage animation, and it elevates the prototype to another level. Would be awesome if Marvel incorporates at some point some more detailed animation control, with delays, curves, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Marvel is better :)

I use Marvel to produce prototypes (responsive websites mainly) that I can then use to show flows and functionality to stakeholders, product owners and developers.

Owner

"Simply does the trick"

What do you like best?

If you are looking for a simple tool to create prototypes for desktop or mobile: this is it. Fair pricing, great interface, a sketch plugin and unlimited projects. It is easy to use (simple interface) and has a great support for sketch files. The handoff feature is a great help for developers (you can see things like margin/padding/font-sizes there)

What do you dislike?

Not able to create groups (multiple prototypes for one client)

The sketch plugin is slow sometimes

When it comes to controlling specific elements on a page, Marvel only offers a few options.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for fancy transitions and lots of options to control elements on the page, Marvel isn't for you. It works best for simple clickmodels.

Creating prototypes to share with clients and gather feedback

UX / UI Designer
Education Management

"#MarvelAppLover"

What do you like best?

I love marvel, he has been with me since I started in the user experience, the platform is super intuitive and easy, I can interact with my colleagues in real time, I can edit my designs and fix details quickly. Now with the new API they have, I loved them more! they have integrated a bot, they allied with Smartmockups where I am also a fan and many other things, with Marvel I can have prototypes of the highest fidelity in a super easy and fun way and if I do not understand or have difficulties in something, there is the team of Support to support me always.

What do you dislike?

Thats my membership expired hehe, being serious

maybe a better quality of my photos when I upload them to the platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I have tried several tools for prototyping and I recommend Marvel for being easy, intuitive, friendly and reliable.

Marvel is one of my main work tools, they accompany me at the end of my designs, when I need to prototype and have presentations with them, also in my communication with stakeholders and front-end developers with whom I am in constant communication.

UI/UX Designer
Financial Services

"Fast, easy and better prototype tool!"

What do you like best?

Marvel it's powerful and simple to work. I can expor all my artboards just with one click and make user flow navigation on website without problems. If I need update a screen, abracadabra and voilà, its done! I love have the prototype in man hands with the app from Marvel. I can show for everyone my app on Marvel and most of them think that is the fact an application, not only a prototype. It's really nice get this feedback. It's pretty cool to embed my prototype on my website.

What do you dislike?

It will be perfect if I could record navigation on Marvel App and make all the flow process making hiperlinks directly on Sketch App. This way, we can go faster than ever prototyping all the apps and make flows on Sketch App ambience.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Go with Marvel and your prototypes will flying! Fast, easy and better prototyping tool!

Fast prototyping and show all flow navigation for my sponsor the final results of application before start the development. I don't know how many times Marvel help me to make good presentations, just opening my project on Marvel website.

UX Researcher

"Good enough, cheaper than its decent competition"

What do you like best?

It works. Rarely gets in my way. The notification system is great and the company is constantly adding relevant new features.

What do you dislike?

The mobile app could be greatly improved. The most important use case for me would be commenting on designs while I'm away from work (on the bus home, for example) and it's the one feature the app doesn't have.

I'd love to make forms more "real", too (fillable). But I can live with the way it works now.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try the product! It works really well. Of course, sometimes it has to be supplemented by other products.

I work at a global company. It's very easy to share designs with other people from other teams, and it's quite easy to comment and gather feedback.

Owner, UX/UI Designer
(Myself Only)

"I love Marvel! My everyday work software."

What do you like best?

It is very easy to use the app. You can sign up and start using it immediately. It is pretty easy to export your design to Marvelapp and make a prototypes, share them and get feedback direct on screens.

In three years of active usage I never messaged their support because everything worked great as promised.

Very good pricing plans comparing to alternatives.

Interesting updates made with love. I love that Marvelapp team keep it updated and try to add more and more useful features to the product.

Unlimited projects! I love it.

What do you dislike?

There are some problems with Sketch to Marvel export when you are using some third-part plugins. I.e., I experienced issues with Anima toolkit when all changes implemented by AnimaApp were not exported to Marvelapp as well. I am not sure if the problem is on Marvelapp side. Probably something is wrong with the AnimaApp plugin. It is a very common problem and there are a lot of people experienced it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you work as a designer then you should try Marvel, Invision and Drafta just to compare which one fits best your needs. In a case if you need a fast and simple software to save your time, use Marvel.

I use Marvelapp every day. I am a Freelance designer and have to share my work with clients to get feedback etc. At the moment I have 44 projects on Marvelapp, hundreds of comments received from clients and thousands of hours saved.

Another time-wasting problem designers often face is design-to-code process, when they have to support development team with graphic assets export. Marvelapp's Handoff saves a lot of time for me.

Senior Visual and User Experience Designer
(10,001+ employees)

"A better tool than Invision"

What do you like best?

This Invision competitor is a lot better in my opinion. I think their consistent updates and improvements are right on target, their support is ultra responsive, and the tool just works great. I got into Marvel because of the mobile app "Pop" that they acquired. I love that mobile app. It allows you to put hotspots over pictures (white board or paper drawings) to create nifty prototypes in no time at all. I love the ability to use the application from the very beginning of the design process.

What do you dislike?

Honestly I don't know if there's anything I don't love. Sure their sketch plugin could be beefier I suppose.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I'd skip Invision and just go straight for Marvel. They seem to be a more empathetic and considerate company.

Mobile prototyping. Quick mockups. User testing. The main benefit is how quickly you can get up and running with this application. I'd say my speed to clickable prototype using marvel vs. invision is a huge win for this app and for my team.

Product Designer

"You can depend on this one."

What do you like best?

We moved to Marvel from InV and it was such a relief to finally have fast, stable tool we could rely on. It's efficient, with handoff working perfectly. Support team responding fast; unlike in InV., if any problem or request appears they actually work on solving it for us as fast as they can, instead of just pushing for new features being released & leaving buggy product behind with no intention to fix it any time soon. Yet, when the new features are being introduced, they are well tested, and stable.

Simple, intuitive, just great!

What do you dislike?

Again, We are happy with having a bit less if that means we will have reliable product that will not fail us. There are some features we are missing, like section in the project, or possibility to prototype in sketch directly, but It's nothing that would hold us back from using it. We found our ways around it :)

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you care for good quality & reliable product, as well as great, responsive and efficient support – this is the one.

We are working on new product, and since our team is growing fast we need a tool to synchronize different teams, prototype, and keep all the discussions and feedback in one place.

UX & Graphic Designer

"Marvel "

What do you like best?

Marvel app it's great to prototype, easy to use and very UX friendly. but I have to admit that as a student, I can't afford marvel for more than a month. So I'll keep using the free version.

What do you dislike?

the prices are a big issue, personally, I don't like the monthly subscriptions. Yes, I love it, but It's not affordable, maybe an annual subscription more affordable and equal with the service.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely the best options to present fast prototyping.

Prototyping new ideas, in easy steps. If you don't know how to code and need to show the most realistic way, definitely Marvel App is the option.

Director

"Simple to use with some nice touches"

What do you like best?

I love that I can create a website presentation without the hassle of showing files in PDFs. I can also show options for the designs too all a click through demos. Clients of mine love it!

What do you dislike?

I have to remember to give files different names, otherwise it overrides previous versions saved in different segments

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great Product for easy to use prototyping and work within the design sector. Clients love to see the designs come to life through the clickable prototyping. I'm sure I am only using a fraction of what the produce can do.

Visualising website designs in browser and clickable prototype presentations.

Graphic and Web Designer

"Great app for making mobile app design and prototype highly recommended"

What do you like best?

Marvel app is one of the best app for designing mobile apps and prototyping. I like the user experience and user interface of this app. It's a problem-solving app before marvel app I used to send emails to my client to look at the design, but now I simply put my designs in marvel app and make the prototype like working app. The animations and scrolling effects are fantastic in Marvel App, Thank You Marvel App Team for giving us such a wonderful app.

What do you dislike?

I don't think, in my experience, there is no thing that I dislike. If you add more tools in design app prototype section that would be great. Otherwise, you are great.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's a great app, those who are mobile app designers you should check it out once. You'll love it.

Marvel App has solved my many problems like quick designing of an app prototype even when you are not in your office, or showing the design of an app to the client in the best way. One of the best product for prototyping.

Exhibit Graphic Designer

"Very simple to use, great way to map out the functions of a developing app"

What do you like best?

I used this software for a group project to develop the logistics and wireframe of an app. We tried multiple applications but Marvel ultimately worked best for us because it allowed us to add functioning hotspots on top of the design so people helping us with the prototyping could actually use the app rather than just look at it.

What do you dislike?

The one thing that I didn't like (in our case of using it) was the way the hotspots worked. Rather than just clicking them like you would buttons, anytime you clicked the screen, anywhere where there was a hotspot flashed blue. This moderately took away from the realness of the app while prototyping.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it out! It's free and very simple to use; worked great for our purposes, and was perfect to use in a small time frame.

Even though there were a few things we didn't love about the application, it worked really well for us in offering a replica of what our planned app would look like. We were able to work out the bugs of what people liked and didn't like while prototyping, without having to devote the time to build out the entire app and then scrap parts of it.

Independent consultant under contract
Automotive
(Myself Only)

"Great site to display and collaborate on your designs"

What do you like best?

The rendering of my designs into different layouts, be it phone view, desktop or tablet. They looked beautiful, clear and the sizing paralleled reality perfectly.

What do you dislike?

I am a tad not fond of editing my design in Marvel because of the lack of ease of editing it. I prefer to use Marvel to display and collaborate on my designs.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great product for Web Design projects.

I have been required by Topcoder competitions to place my designs in Marvel for collaboration and for entry to the competitions. It is an easy to use tool that can keep a group of collaborators designs and thoroughput private from the public.

UX/UI Design Team Leader
Education Management

"Great tool! "

What do you like best?

I love how it is super easy to learn. I had an emergency: I had just a few hours to present a functional prototype to show the users and stakeholders. I decided to test Marvel, and I was able to finished my first prototype super fast and it saved me a lot of time!

I also like how I can use it on my mobile as well.

What do you dislike?

It could have some more interaction presets, like drag and drop. I use Marvel more for mobile interaction, but I needed to try a new function in a web app and was not able to perform it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You should try it because it's super easy and the interface is friendly.

I need to prototype ideas fast to test with users and/or test new ideas to improve other products (mine and others, just to study) and Marvel is solving it very well.

In a few hours, I have a functional prototype ready to go.

Freelance Designer
Graphic Design

"Easy to use Prototyping tool ~ Marvel"

What do you like best?

The best part of Marvel is that it is free to use. You can easily design a prototype by uploading your visual designs and adding interactions and gestures. If you update your design, you can easily sync or upload your design and the changes will appear automatically.

What do you dislike?

You're not able to really duplicate you hotspots from one design to the other. Also, you can't really add a drop-down menu, and it is missing some gesture actions to make the prototype more realistic.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Marvel is a great app to prototype and see you live on your desktop or phone, Best of all is that it is free!!

Marvel allows our clients to see their mobile app in action to make improvements fast without investing a lot of time.

"Switching from InVision"

What do you like best?

So intuitive. It is quite robust while still feeling light and playful. I was able to dive in and feel like a pro within minutes. With a bit of practice, the Layers tool can be quite useful for demonstrating motion and micro-interactions, something that is quite hacky or difficult in other applications. The ability to easily sync with Sketch and update artboards on the fly was great as well. Handoff seems to be superior to InVision's Inspect as well.

What do you dislike?

I would love to be able to prototype multiple devices within the same project, although I believe "Sections" may be handling this in the near future.

We are looking for a comprehensive tool that can be used by our design team, product owners, and development team. Marvel succeeds in appealing to all three groups. The design team found it faster and more intuitive than InVision, the embedded design tool allows Product owners to quickly mock up wireframes if need be, and our developers love Handoff.

UX Designer
Hospital & Health Care
(10,001+ employees)

"Quick low fidelity prototype"

What do you like best?

You can easily link sketched screens into an active prototype. This ability encourages quick testing & iterations for a swifter development process. I've previously used to discuss design solutions and share iterations with cross-functional teams. It was especially helpful when time is limited. Aside from that, The interface is relatively easy to use. Everything is straightforward. I do wish that there were more animation options (a similar issue that I ran into while using POP).

What do you dislike?

I'm not sure what happened but my Marvel app does not work anymore. I see the splash screen for a second and then and brought back to my home screen. Besides the fact that it doesn't load anymore, not much. An update is needed and because of that I haven't returned to this app since my trial phase used in one of my previous projects.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Like POP, Marvel is in a good direction. They excel in quick prototyping which makes it a great product for user testing or quick feedbacks from team & stakeholders. They could improve on their sharing capabilities. That would allow others to share feedbacks.

Same problem as the one I'm solving through InVision but faster. I am hoping to quickly draft ideas & prototype through Marvel as opposed to creating near perfect wireframes on InVision. Solves the same problem but focuses on a different medium, mobile. As opposed to InVision, Marvel allows me to sketch and put together a quick prototype that can be used for discussions. This saves time & money that could be otherwise spent on other activities or projects.

(10,001+ employees)

"Smooth flow and very intuitive usage"

What do you like best?

I was looking for an easy accessible tool and found it :) The drag and drop functionality for artboards is very cool and I like as well the zoom feature on the project dashboard to generate a perfect overview about the uploaded artboards.

What do you dislike?

Maybe I missed it, but i don't know how to leave a project made by another person.

I was looking for a tool, which helps me to present prototypes and user flows without access and commenting restrictions and has a low learning curve for the usage when I share the designs with other people.

I really like the feature to send the prototype via SMS to the stakeholders.

Co Founder

"Wonderful mockup tool for high fidelity prototyping"

What do you like best?

Marvel has a very simple User Interface, and has many bells and whistles that make the prototype look very professional. For designers who are building a portfolio, it's wonderful that you can embed prototypes into any website.

What do you dislike?

Marvel doesn't allow for micro interactions, so it is hard to prototype more complex apps with complete accuracy.

Marvel is a quick and easy way to show clients the closest thing to a working version of their product. I also like how you can have more than one project at a time whereas in InVision, you can only have one project before you need to upgrade to a paid plan. Now that Marvel syncs with Sketch, it's a perfect substitute for InVision for Entrepreneurs who are strapped for cash!

UX/UI Designer
E-Learning

"Overall great product"

What do you like best?

Marvel is easy to use and straightforward, just a great way to prototype anything really fast. The whole experience around it is crafted in such a delightful, consistent and consumer friendly way, that it makes Marvel one of my fave products to work with.

What do you dislike?

Some issues around the way you link an image to a hotspot (the horizontal bar to select the images is sometimes a bit tricky with a trackpad) and customizing transitions would be nice (time, curve etc)

Quickly testing out designs instead of jumping to implementation, and showing ideas and concepts to stakeholders

UI/UX Designer
Design

"Easy and quick in use! "

What do you like best?

The best part of Marvel to me is how low the learning curve is. You can jump in and directly start with prototyping. Next to that Marvel is way faster in use then it's competitors. I can easily make a good looking prototype in a short period to give my clients an idea of the end result.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing I really dislike about Marvel, I only use Marvel for shorter projects or single functions and always had positive experiences with Marvel. You're doing great!!

Marvel helps me to prototype designs for my clients. It is really easy and quick in use which helps me to make quick prototypes to show to my clients.

CEO

"Quick and intuitive - a marvellous prototyping solution"

What do you like best?

It's trully amazing how quick and easy it is working with Marvel since day one. Creating a simple prototype is a matter of minutes, developing complex demonstrations is also a breeze compared to similar solutions on the market. My personal favorite feature is the Marvel plugin for Sketch which allows for direct export of screens and iterations.

What do you dislike?

Recently started noticing that having lots of active projects slows down the initial load of your projects list. I also have difficulties when working on more complex demonstrations of fixed headers and footers.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would definitely recommend including Marvel into a short list for consideration when choosing prototyping software.

The main benefit from working with Marvel is the ability to quickly demonstrate to clients a working image of their final project.

Product Designer
Design

"Great for quick prototypes"

What do you like best?

Marvel is a great program for building quick prototypes. The interface is quite simple to use and it does not take long to learn the basics. I love how neat and clean the final product is and am happy to share my work with clients – not always the case with a third party software.

What do you dislike?

The system gets cumbersome when working with large or complex prototypes. I would love to see a folder system for organizing pngs, so that I don't have to scroll through the incredibly long list to choose the next screen. I would also love to see better duplication of hotspots.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Marvel is a great tool for creating simple prototypes. I love the way that it integrates with sketch. The only drawback is when you start building large or complex prototypes – managing a ton of screens can be a pain (would be nice if there was some sort of folder system). Otherwise, great tool. The commenting and hotspot features are awesome.

I love that I can easily show my clients a realistic view of the screens and flows for their applications.

"Great tool for prototyping"

What do you like best?

How easy and fast it is to build and share prototypes, better than InVision. I try it both and I prefer Marvel. It's more simple, efficient and there're no tools or features I don't need. I really like the navigation and all the UI details in the app. The way you can duplicate links on different screens is better than the templates in Invision. A great tool!

What do you dislike?

Would like to have an better navigation for the comments. It's quite difficult to switch between the differents comments on one of my project. But nothing alarming.

Usability feedback sessions for application prototyping.

Graphic & UI Designer

"A client essential."

What do you like best?

Being able to treat projects like a flat version of a website.

What do you dislike?

Not being able to anchor to a different page.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

- Adding an option to anchor to a section on a new page

- Adding and option to layer something as a PNG file

Solving the problem of some clients that are not familiar with how the web works. My team has benefited from this a lot because it makes it easier to explain to them visually as well as verbally.