Acuity ELM Reviews & Product Details

Acuity ELM Overview

What is Acuity ELM?

Acuity ELM is the leading cloud-based enterprise legal spend management solution, providing strategic business solutions to in-house counsel and legal ops teams of all sizes. With Acuity’s robust suite of legal spend management tools, your claims and corporate legal departments can reduce spend, increase productivity, and improve spend outcomes and transparency. -eBilling -Matter Management -Reporting & Analytics -Collaboration Tools -Legal Hold -Mass Tort Manager

Acuity ELM Details

Acuity's enterprise legal management software provides the tools and intelligence you need to set your legal team's strategy and accelerate your evolution from cost center to business partner.

We know you have big jobs to do. We’re here to save you time, increase your productivity and keep you focused on the big picture. Picking a legal solution should be easy. But don’t take our word for it. Book a demo to see for yourself. We’re committed to developing personal, long-term relationships with each client we serve. 97% of our clients are very or extremely satisfied with Acuity, and we have a similar approval rating from our firms.

Acuity Management Solutions
2005
Richmond, VA

Acuity ELM Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Acuity ELM community
Have you used Acuity ELM before?

Acuity ELM Reviews

Showing 111 Acuity ELM reviews
Already have Acuity ELM?
Billing Coordinator
What do you like best?

The uploading process is very easy. I can easily attach backup documentation for each line item. It is clear which stage your invoice is in throughout processing. I dislike the fact that you are unable to delete an uploaded invoice; that you have to just mark it as replaced. Although it is still better that I have that ability at all. With other programs you must contact the client in order to have them reject it. That is a waste of time on both ends. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I really don't have too many qualms. I have to change the date range each time I submit a statement, but I believe that is a problem with the set up of LEDES formatting on my end, not Acuity. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I have been uploading to this software on behalf of our client, St. Vincent's, for many years. It is definitely the most detailed program I use. I am also familiar with Serengeti Tracker, Passport, CounselLink and TyMetrix. Acuity is the program I feel I am most in control with. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Invoicing is done through the accounting department and the attorney is not bothered to transmit anything to the client. This allows accounting to fully handle the administrative task of billing the client and maximizes efficiency for our timekeepers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Shareholder
What do you like best?

A communication hub for you and your clients to share and organize documents, as well as manage time entry. It makes it very easy to keep track of your cases, and for your clients to communicate with you. It also allows you to archive and search for documents as needed.

It allows easy reference to amounts that are outstanding from the client, and to determine what funds are in route. It also allows for easy upload and communication between the document and e-mail programs and the Acuity document storage system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The toggles between some of the features could be linked better, and the program could let you sort cases by handling attorney. That would be great. It would be good if notes could be sorted by handling attorney as well. The process of uploading related documents could be easier. As it stands, you have to travel from one document to the next and then back to notes using the back arrow. That is time consuming and unnecessary.

The Notes cannot be organized or prioritizes by the recipient. There is also no way to tag or flag notes for follow up.

There are a number of automatically populating notes that are unnecessary and redundant, and they are impossible to vet on sight because they do not identify the case they are associated with. For instance, notes appear to advise that Answers or reports are due, but they don't identify the case to which they below unless you open the note, which is time consuming when you do not have that much time on your hands. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Get trained by the Acuity training team. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Case management and organization are the primary issues that we resolve with Acuity, as well as keeping track of our receivables. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Paralegal
What do you like best?

Allows me to easily track invoices for the four clients we use it for. I get immediate notification on whether there are any problems or mistakes made in the uploaded invoices. It allows me to realize closed matters our firm may be billing inadvertently, which allows me to take measures and make sure these matters are not billed in the future. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

For what I use this program for, I have not really noticed anything that I dislike, other than giving me trouble working properly if I use Internet Explorer, but no issues with Firefox. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It allows me to realize closed matters our firm may be billing inadvertently, which allows me to take measures and make sure these matters are not billed in the future. Also allows invoices to be submitted quickly and efficiently, and allows us to be paid quick since a lot of errors are weeded out before the client even reviews it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Legal Secretary
What do you like best?

Very easy to see and fix any errors that arise. Easy to attach backup documents for expenses. Great customer service. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Took me a while to figure out how to upload split billing invoices. Customer service was helpful in how to choose Split Billing options on the screen, but learned through trial and error that I needed to take the original LEDES document, change the Claim Number on it, resave it as a new numbered document, and then upload it, going through the same Split Billing options. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Easy to submit invoices electronically - which more and more clients prefer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Able to submit invoices quickly and early and, therefore, get paid sooner. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Billing Clerk
What do you like best?

What I like best is that the site is user friendly. It's easy to find whatever you need and if you can't find it there's information available so that can reach out to some who can assist. I've reached out several times and someone always gets back to me. For example, I've needed help with uploading invoices and once I've uploaded I had an issue with it not being able to go through. I was able to hit the "chat" button at the bottom of the screen and talk to someone from support to assist me. The problem was that I didn't have the invoice saved in the correct format. The issue was resolved and I was able to continue submitting invoices. I also love that as soon as you login everything that you would need is right there on the home page. I hate having to go from screen to screen, but if you need to look at your invoices, timekeeper or rate information. It's right there on the home screen. You can just click whatever you need right there. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing that I dislike. I love everything about Acuity. It's easy to navigate and find everything that you need and if you can't find what you need or having trouble they have a "chat" button at the bottom on the right hand side that will connect you with someone from support to help you with your problem. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Acuity is great and easy to use. Everything you need is right in front of you and if you can't find what you need someone is available to help. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm not solving any business problems at the moment, but I've realized the quick response whenever I've needed something. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Paralegal
What do you like best?

I like the organization of the software. Cases are managed and monitored with ease. We can set up Acuity to our preferences of type of Law, type of cases, and even the type of billing. Easy access to documents and reports that are used regularly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

So far everything is very easy to access and I have had very little problems with the software. As a matter of fact, I can check for any conflicts or can consolidate cases that have the same facility or same claim number,. I can also keep track of invoices and billing electronically. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I can check for any conflicts or can consolidate cases that have the same facility or same claim number. I can also keep track of invoices and billing electronically. This has been a BIG benefit regarding keeping track of money and settlements. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director of Finance
What do you like best?

I like Acuity's interface a lot. It's very easy to see that everything at once, and it's super easy to get to the task that I need. I do a lot less clicking and searching than I do with other vendors. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We use the E-billing Hub, and the connectivity with Acuity is notes good as with some other vendors. But, it's super easy to load Ledes files directly, and the status communication from Acuity is great. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Acuity is very easy to use, has a very clean interface and is a very professional product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Acuity cuts a lot of time from our typical billing and collections cycle. It's very easy to bill clients, the bills are addressed very quickly, and the complete workflow is generally much quicker than with other vendor sites. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director of Administration
What do you like best?

That I can use it for multiple clients. Switching between clients is easy. The invoice upload and verification is quick. I also like the ability to look up matters to get the claim numbers to include in the uploaded file. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

On split claims the matter profile is not always accurate and causes invoices to be modified before (or even after) submittal to make sure the client is billed for only their share. This often creates rule violation and requires multiple line edits. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I have two different dashboards for clients. One would be better. Also attaching backup is different depending on the client. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The speed to which clients receive and approved our invoices is important. I like the invoice status reports that will allow me to project payment and cash receipts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UL
What do you like best?

The notifications when an invoice has been approved and when payment has been sent Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that a notification is not sent out to firm and or user who submitted a timekeeper rate for approval. We have to go into the system to verify if proposal was approved by the client

I don't like that we have to wait until we have uploaded the invoice to add the attachments. I don't like where the paper clip is located. I think it should be located on the invoice upload screen

I don't like the time frame it takes for the system to activated a new claim/matter or the time frame it takes for the system to reopened a claim/matter once it has been closed. Often times I receive feedback that the client has open the matter but the matter will not appear in Acuity for 7-10 days

I don't like that as a user for a firm that all clients are not visible to all user for the firm. Each individual user within the firm has to be assigned access to each client under their each individual profile Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

n/a Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Robin Hill of Acuity ELM

Thanks for your comments. We'd love to chat with you and hopefully resolve some of your dislikes, and explain why your client(s) chose to configure their settings that way. Please feel free to give us a call.

UL
What do you like best?

The program is user friendly. It is easy to get around in the program and it is very easy to use. I like the reporting system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I do not like about the program. I have been using system for 11 years on my job and it has been the easiest to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

With the company that I work for, we have 15 electronic billing sights to use. This has been the best of all them. The sight is very user-friendly. It is easy navigate around and you do not have to second guest where to go. You do not need all required information to pull reports that are needed and it is very easy to locate information and to setup us users. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The program itself is quick to learn. It gives me the information that I need on each invoice that is submitted and the entire system is quick. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UL
What do you like best?

I really like the 'RE AUDIT EXCEPTIONS'. It really aids in avoiding invoice rejections and reductions. It is simple to understand and follow in order to make corrections. Acuity, in general, is very user friendly. I have commented to my Supervisor that it is one of my favorite systems to use and I would not mind if all our Clients used it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

A couple times, in the beginning of first using Acuity, I did find a couple things hard to find. I did not realize there was a dashboard tab on the left-side of the initial screen, not the pull down tab to change to another Client. When logged in on the Client, it is not clear on where the invoice ' search' is. You have to open another Invoice tab, before you get the 'search' options. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I wish all of my ebilling was through Acuity. It is easy, reduces invoice rejections/reductions, quick invoice review and payment process. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Acuity allows for a great reduction on invoice rejections and invoice reductions. The invoice review and payment process seems to be faster as well. All huge benefits. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Billing Manager
What do you like best?

The ease of reviewing the items I need to find, whether it be documents, notes, or financial categories. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

* The lack of when a New Matter is assigned there should be under Budget Search a category of "NEW", because if you don't check the Budget first it can be lost.

* When copying something from the Matter Profile Page, it used to be exact, but now when you copy anything and paste it in something you need it to be there are extra spaces, which you then have to deleted.

* Before when I would upload invoices for submission, I could simply in the column of Exceptions when it was None, click on None and submit it, now I have to open each one separately and submit then individually. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

N/A Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Office Manager
What do you like best?

Acuity corrects any billing errors prior to client submission and results and faster payments and fewer to none write offs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything I don't like about Acuity. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Call and speak to a customer service representative and see for yourself the exemplary service that they provide. They will walk you through product set up every step of the way. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Acuity facilitates easy matter and invoice tracking. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AL
What do you like best?

The online user interface for Acuity is very user friendly and allows for fast and efficient switching between sections of the program. The response of the system for performing action or navigating between application screens is quick and allows for expedited processing. Notifications, although sometimes abundant are informative and prompt, absorbent amount of notifications listed below. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The program makes it difficult to specify which notifications are necessary and wanted, leading to often receiving too many emails for the processing of a single item. The method for switching between clients within Acuity once logged in is also hidden and can be hard to easily navigate between multiple clients. There should be a way to limit which process steps receive notifications, and not an all or nothing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great client management and billing software for quick implementation and abundance of reporting and recap options. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Law firm matter management, budgeting, billing, and reporting. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Office Manager
What do you like best?

I like that it points out errors immediately, rather than some billing systems that either notify you weeks down the road, or never do, and you have to remember to look in the system to check the status. Also the chat option has been very helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Online billing in general, but this is definitely one of the most user friendly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use Acuity for billing onlu. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UL
What do you like best?

Acuity ELM is user friendly and straightforward, but any time I've encountered problems, the customer support team has been quick and efficient when it comes to assistance so I would have to say that one of the things I like best is the access to that kind of help when it is needed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Admittedly, I am fairly new to Acuity ELM, but so far, I haven't really encountered anything that I dislike. I feel like I would have had to have been a user for a longer period of time before I can provide constructive feedback on dislikes, if any. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend that anyone considering Acuity ELM take into account that the Customer Support Team is extremely helpful and responsive so any difficulties - especially initially - are likely to be resolved easily. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Acuity ELM is one of several programs I use for legal billing. I'm not sure if it is a "benefit," but using Acuity makes it possible for us to satisfy the billing requirements of one of our clients so it is quite important. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UL
What do you like best?

Acuity ELM is an easy, one stop place to exchange information and documents with your client on an as-needed basis. It also provides all information needed to remain in touch with your client. Moreover, it is fairly user friendly. I have used other similar websites in order to maintain contact with clients. However, Acuity is by far the easiest, most user friendly such product I have used in my line of work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is some room for improvement. First, you only receive alerts for the latest notification on each user page. This allows some important information to fall by the wayside.

Second, notifications sometimes do not work, especially in the event a new user takes over a page. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Very user friendly as compared to other similar products I have used in my line of work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It has streamlined the ability to communicate with our client, which in turn has made moving along cases easier. It is also an opportunity to post all billable events to the attention of our client. Further, it allows for a one stop shop to discuss all outstanding issues with the client. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Controller
What do you like best?

Acuity ELM is one of the easiest to navigate and straight forward of all the E-billing software we have to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish you did not have to upload all invoices in batches as we upload for the same time frame at various times of the month. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It is an insurance ebilling solutions for us and it allows for clear communication of the payment status. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Billing Coordinator
What do you like best?

I like the ease of the billing process. It's as simple as uploading the appropriate documents and my billing experience is complete. Plus, I have the ability to easily manipulate our timekeepers, adding or removing when necessary. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It would be helpful to have an appeal option on site; however, I am able to communicate with the adjuster on the matter easily as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This company simplifies the billing process Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am able to securely create and upload invoices to Acuity in a very simplified process, enabling my ability to succeed in my billing position. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Staff Accountant
What do you like best?

There is a lot of information available under each matter and the invoice submission process has gotten much easier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

A few errors can occur without the user knowing. If one column is being edited, there can sometimes be a glitch that another column will change as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Besides a few errors that can rooted out with enough use of the website, it has come a long way and is now very easy to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

A handful of clients use Acuity ELM and it is much easier to have it all done in one place. Since the appeals process was updated, it's turned into a very user friendly website. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Billing Specialist
What do you like best?

Acuity Elm is a very user friendly billing website. Everything is easy to understand and review. Support is very quick to respond. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish it worked with Thomas Reuters Ebilling Hub. It would be easier to submit invoices. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Very easy to see submitted invoices, which is important for solving problems. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Robin Hill of Acuity ELM

Hi Tammie,

Thank you for the feedback! Many of our law firms use eBillingHub to submit their invoices every month. Please contact our support team so we can figure out how to make it work for your firm too.

What do you like best?

The set up of the tabs and alerts in matter management greatly help productivity and organization. I also like the ability to create and view graphs from important data. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I feel the process of uploading documents is more burdensome than it could be. It would help if Acuity ELM could work with filesite through Outlook to upload files directly from filesite, as opposed to uploading from a local disc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Acuity Elm is most helpful in its ability to create an archived record of activity and documents through the notes tab. It allows all information to be in one place, easy to access. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AL
What do you like best?

Quick and uncomplicated. So simple to upload invoices, make changes, if necessary, and submit. It alerts you to errors and allows you to make changes to your invoice without having to regenerate this invoice in my billing software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Uploading an invoice and then changing status to for approval. Wish it would do that automatically if there were no errors. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Uncomplicate things, use Acuity ELM. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Less time needed to submit invoices and no longer need to use outside service to process invoices due to overcomplexity of system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Legal Assistant
What do you like best?

I like the ease of uploading documentation, making notes to the client, and uploading invoices for payment. It saves time on having to draft letters or emails. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

A downside on the attorney side is less billable time as you are not "allowed" to bill for uploading documentation. There is also less of a professional relationship with the adjusters and no personal connection. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I can save a lot of time each day by simply uploading a document instead of having to prepare and format a letter, wait for it to get signed, scan it, and send it out. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Client Account Specialist
What do you like best?

The invoice dashboard reflects as much information as I'd hope to see without throwing in too much additional and unneeded info. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The appeals process is a bit counterintuitive and not nearly as easy as it is on some other sites. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Streamlined billing of our electronically billed clients that use this platform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.