ActiveInbox Reviews & Product Details

ActiveInbox Overview

What is ActiveInbox?

ActiveInbox allows you to use Gmail as a task manager and clear your inbox efficiently by turning work emails into tasks and clearing them away - so you’ll never again forget to do something important. We give you powerful new tools to manage your emails more productively from withing Gmail. • Quickly turn important emails into tasks with due dates, so you never forget anything again. • Clear out your inbox without losing track of anything. • Build stronger relationships by being in complete control of your emails and never forgetting someone or something. If you find tasks coming into your inbox, or you spend your time chasing people to find out how things are progressing, ActiveInbox is the ideal way to stay in control entirely within Gmail. ActiveInbox is for you if: • Your work is driven from email (Especially if you're already working on tasks in Gmail) • You love Getting Things Done® (ActiveInbox is heavily influenced by GTD®… in fact it used to be called GTDGmail!) • You want simplicity (There's no new tool to learn and maintain… it works where you do, simply turbo-charging standard Gmail - No more duplicating information into a separate task manager.) We have a strong and vocal community who contribute constantly through our buzzing forum to help develop and improve the product with us.

ActiveInbox Details

You can empty your inbox, manage email tasks entirely within Gmail, and integrate Gmail with your other management tools.

We keep your information inside Gmail so if you ever decide to leave you won't lose your organised emails - as you do with many competing plugins.

We are priced very competitively on a annual subscription basis - only $39.95 p/a, that's around $3 p/m.

We have fantastic support - its one of our guiding principles. We have a very active user forum where you can suggest new features and improvements, as well as email support and 1 on 1 support for enterprise groups.

ActiveInbox

ActiveInbox Reviews

Showing 17 ActiveInbox reviews
Already have ActiveInbox?
President + Founder
What do you like best?

I love that ActiveInbox lives inside my Gmail! Not just an integration with email, but a harmonic reliance. The arrangement creates a symbiotic relationship between the host email account and the attached productivity system. Mutualism at its best. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It is only partially intuitive. The reminder system/strategy is severely lacking for those who are conditioned to alerts. I can't easily set an exact time that I want to revisit or attend to a task/email and cannot receive reminders or alerts on my phone for example. Most disappointing is the nearly non-existent integration with my calendar and zero integration with the Google task list. I get the attempt at keeping everything in Gmail, but the reality is that we all use other tools. I really would like to see more integrations (Slack, Evernote, Office 365/Outlook, mobile apps. ) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Go "all in" if you invest in this product. Take the time plan your strategy for the structure of your system as there is a fair amount of flexibility. Watch the videos, ask questions of the team (they are very responsive) and use a test email account to verify that your setup works. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Organizing my todo list and communication. On a smaller scale organizing assignments and collaboration. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The interface and usage of Gmail labels to keep my inbox organized. The waiting on feature which enables me to see what emails I am waiting on a reply for is extremely helpful. I also enjoy being able to schedule emails as tasks on my Google Calendar. In addition, the fact that I can create lists based on David Allens Getting Things Done methodology helps me with my productivity. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Its only for a one-person organization. For larger projects you'll want to consider something like Clickup or Asana (I recommend Clickup over Asana) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Active Inbox has solved the problem of having an unorganized inbox and has made me more productive as I can keep things organized. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Open Discussions in ActiveInbox
Advisory Board Member
What do you like best?

It works alongside Gmail to help me stay on top of deadlines and projects. I especially like the ability to track when I'm waiting for responses from others and need to follow up with them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Slack integration would be great. My company also uses Slack, and I find it very hard to remember which conversations I'm having in Slack versus Gmail. With Activeinbox in Gmail I feel like I'm in control, I can find things I need to find, and can stay on top of everything. With Slack messages I have no good way of keeping track of what needs to be done, can't find things, and can't keep track of what I need to follow up on. I can use Activeinbox to create non-email based tasks things I need to follow up on, but it isn't as clean as when everything is in Gmail. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have a long task list and am often waiting for replies from others. Activeinbox helps me to organize my tasks and projects, get things done when they need to be done (not miss deadlines). And often my deadlines are contingent on getting responses from other people. Without Activeinbox it's impossible to remember who I need responses from. Activeinbox makes that easy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Demand Generation Marketing Executive
What do you like best?

I like that ActiveInbox sits on top of my unread emails where I can always see my tasks and their due dates. I make sure to add everything that is important to me here, which helps with replying, prioritizing and calculating workload.

I like that you can easily add/change due dates for your emails and that you can see your list for Today/Tomorrow or an exact date. Also, a nice feature is that you can organize everything in folders based on your projects or people. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike is that you don't receive a notification when you exceed the due date that was assigned to a certain email. It would be nice to receive some sort of notification at least at the beginning of the day to make sure you are not forgetting things.

Also, sometimes it gets disconnected and it's hard to connect again. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Learn all its features and start using it at full capacity from day one. It's really helpful in keeping your inbox clean and organized. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It's very helpful when I receive a project with a later due date, I usually choose the exact date for these type of projects and don't have to worry about remembering this.

When I read an important email but don't know how to reply I add it in ActiveInbox and come back to it at a later hour.

It helps me mark emails as done and keep my inbox clean. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Mr.
What do you like best?

I like how it’s kinda like gmail where i can organize files Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how you have to mark the folders in specific categories Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I realize that I am able to organize files onto a plugin for gmail service in an efficient manner Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love being able to assign deadlines to myself or others on emails. If I need a response from someone, I can set the email's status as "Waiting On," set a due date and get the email out of my inbox. If they have not responded, it is so helpful that the email will reappear in my inbox and I'm reminded to follow up. Likewise, if I need to do something, but not right away, I can set the status as "Action" with a due date and be reminded of what I need to do with that email at a later date. It is a huge benefit to my peace of mind and productivity to be able to get emails out of my inbox until they need to be dealt with again. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The newest version of ActiveInbox does not yet play well with Salesforce Lightning for Gmail. I am currently dealing with this by using an earlier version. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It's a huge benefit that I don't have to be worried that I've forgotten something when managing email. ActiveInbox can be that part of my brain! I don't think I could do my job as well without it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Baukoordinator
Construction
What do you like best?

It helps you focus on the important emails via the task system and you can get a better overview about your work tasks in general. It implements well in your Gmail email account and has a nice decent design. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it needs some more time to load, I am not sure why this is the case because it is only a small program. And I would like to use it on my other mail account too but that does not work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The price is a little bit high for such a tool, but it works great if you need to deal with a high volume of emails every day. You will get more productive with this app.

Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use it like I said above to create tasks from my emails and so reduce the number of emails I have in my post entry. I can save time with this tool and focus on the important tasks. Another benefit is that I can write emails with the tool and send them out later to customers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Marketing Manager
What do you like best?

I can change my emails into tasks and can make myself a nice overview of my work in progress. It satisfies my need to be more structured at work especially with the countless email conversations that I have to do every day. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It only works with your Gmail Account. I have luck because I primarily use this account for my work emails but others could be not so lucky. Also, the price is high in comparison to the limited features. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Although the price is a little too high in my opinion for the feature it offers I will buy this tool after my trial period. It offers the right package overall for my work needs. I can recommend doing the test phase for everyone who is interested in the features. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use it to structurize my daily work and so to save a huge amount of time. Although I use this tool to send out emails later than I wrote them. This comes in handy when I have certain dates to fulfill or if I am working from home at a special time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Headhunter
Staffing and Recruiting
What do you like best?

It is simple to use and install because it is a Gmail add-on. The features are easy to understand work great. The best one I think is the function to send out emails at a certain time and date without having to be online at that moment. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

At some time I had some crash issues with the tool but the good support helped me at a quick rate with it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just try it for yourself because it has a 14-days trial period which costs nothing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use it for the massive amount of emails I have to send and receive everyday as a headhunter. Also, to remind some clients automatically per timed email or such things. I can say the benefit is that you save time at work and therefore your productivity can be raised with this tool a lot. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Kauffrau im Einzelhandel
Consumer Goods
What do you like best?

The main feature is excellent for me. Making tasks of my mailing inbox is very nice for people like me who like structures in their daily work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I think the price after the trial period could be a little less expensive but this is only my subjective opinion. Also I think the learn progress can be made a little more easy. I wish I could find a similar tool for my other mail account. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Trough the free trial you can learn the features of the tool and can look without risk if the features can help you in your daily work. So I can recommend at least to try this tool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use it for making tasks to have a much better overview of my inbox but also I use it to schedule the sending of specific mails to customers. At this time we do not have a weekly newsletter or something because our online business just gets started but the sending of scheduled mailings helps in the meantime a lot. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Manager
Financial Services
What do you like best?

That it can raise your structurization at your workplace with some little tweaks for your Gmail account. Also a huge bonus point is the fact that you can test it for free before you have to pay and the setup and integration process is made very easy. The features that the tool offers are also selfexplanatory and the tutorial is nice. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The feature of making tasks from your Email isnt new because in other mailing clients/systems I have seen it. Nevertheless Activeinbox has a nice simple approach to this feature. The problem for me is that after a while I dont care if there is an ordinary E-Mail or i made a task about it. For me the motivation effect from this feature endured only for a short time period. Other features like the scheduling of a mail are nice too but I have other programs in use that do the same. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want to try it its free for a limited time period. People who need structure will love this tool and for them i can recommend it. Your folder with Emails is quiet structured after using this tool for your own needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have used it for making a list of tasks from mails I received from coworkers and also customers. I have stopped using it because I use other tools in my daily work but some colleagues clearly are loving this tool and manage all their email traffic with it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Verwalter
What do you like best?

That I can make tasks from my received mails easily. This works very good and offers a nice morale boost and overview bonus at work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I think the idea behind Activeinbox is very good but I had some serious issues with the tool within the trial period. The delay sending of an email to another person did not work correctly for me. I tried it only two times and it failed so I wasnt sure if it will work in the future and I didnt send any mails after that. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I am not very satisfied with the current state of this tool but I think in the future there is a chance that the problems are away. At least try it if your interested in the features it offers because it is free and mabe you do not have the same problems with using it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Most of the time I used only the task feature. The other features I didnt use often or I had problems with it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Co-founder and COO
Management Consulting
What do you like best?

I've been an early user of AIB and I keep checking on other products and email clients just to see if anything else matches up. Short answer: nothing has.

I've lost count, but I think I've used it for close to a decade and AIB has grown over the years to a slick feature-packed add-on to email in a browser. Its best features: ability to treat emails as to-dos and follow up on them as you need, notes and mini to-do lists that can be tacked on to individual emails, superb tagging that enables quick retrieval, awesome integration with GMail in your browser and quick keyboard shortcuts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really. It's a browser extension which rules out using it in an email client, which might be a deal breaker for some, but I haven't yet met an email client (and believe me, I've tried a lot!) that works well enough to woo me away from AIB. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're looking for a browser extension to manage your email and you're happy with living with email in your browser then AIB is outstanding, combining a bunch of features that you'd otherwise need multiple extensions for. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I run a small business with just me and my wife and the nature of our business requires waiting a lot on email responses from others - clients, service providers etc. (like most businesses do). AIB helps me track which emails have been pending for responses, which are due, overdue, which need to be nudged, which need to be kicked. I can set due dates and track which conversations are on track and which need attention. All very easily, simply and without great overhead in terms of time and effort. It has its roots in the GTD philosophy and although I don't actively use GTD, its principles are useful and common sense based. If Inbox Zero is your thing (it is mine), then AIB is superb at triaging your inbox and slotting things away neatly as to-dos or "dones". Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CEO
What do you like best?

I like that it keeps your "to do" right in your inbox. It really has helped me to keep on top of a tsunami of email I get everyday. I also like that I can add notes to each item and set deadlines. You can even have the email pop up again when it is due. I also like that they keep up with the changes with Gmail. I still use this day to day to manage my overload of email. Also, I use the send later button a lot so that people get my email at a time that is reasonable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Since my team has grown, I would like if it would integrate with project management tools like Asana. I imagine I could figure out a hack since it does connect with my Google calendar and on the other end, Asana does the same, but who has time to figure it out? As a result, I use it a little less intensely since my team has grown. Also, the app for my Android phone is still in early stages. I am thrilled they finally added an app, though. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a Chrome plugin for use with Gmail. It works great if you have this setup.

If you are a solopreneur, this might be the only management tool you need, it is harder with teams, but I still have it to manage my own inbox Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The business problem solved is that I only spend one hour a day in my email these days versus 2+, that is a lot of money saved every day! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Chief Governance Officer
What do you like best?

How easy it is to set a message as Next Action, Waiting On, Reference, etc., the ease of associating messages with specific projects, and the ease and good interface of the "Due Date" function. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Doesn't always work or play well with other Gmail add-ons like Streak. The user experience with the toolbar when inside a single message feel oddly different from the experience when viewing a group of messages. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely try it, but only after you've committed to the GTD approach for self organization. Otherwise you won't get the full value of your investment. (And even the free version of ActiveInbox is very useful.) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Helps me turn my emails into action items, helps me track what other people owe me, and helps me stay on top of multiple projects without having to switch in-and-out of email and some other tool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Executive Assistant to the CEO
Management Consulting
What do you like best?

I actually liked the program, and paid for a year subscription, however the application is unstable, keeps disappearing from my gmail account, and wanted me to add it to all of the accounts I monitor - incessant with pop-ups "Activate ActiveInBox?" Every. Single. Time. And then it just disappeared altogether. Customer service had been pretty good up until the point the app disappeared from my account. and I asked for my money back. Never heard another peep from anyone. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Unstable app with annoying pop-up questions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I was trying to organize my inbox without using a project management tool. If the app hadn't been so unstable, I would have liked it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Co-Founder, Managing Partner, Chief Strategy Officer
What do you like best?

seamless and clean integration to gmail. GTD (Getting Things Done) in a real-life use. Most of the features are available in the Free version Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not sure if this is a formal service in the google market place. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This tool helps me keep my email clean and allow me to better manage my time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.