3dcart

Use 3dcart Shopping Cart Software to build your store online, quickly, and right the first time.

Work for 3dcart?

Learning about 3dcart?

3dcart Reviews

Ask 3dcart a Question
Showing 23 3dcart reviews
3dcart review by Chris B.
Chris B.

"Has all the bells and whistles with less of the cost and hidden fees"

What do you like best?

I like that 3D Cart is the most complete cart set up - right out of the box. It has the most popular feature sets that I need but everyone else wants to charge extra for. During my trial period, the tech support and sales staff were AMAZING! They helped me build my cart - without pressuring me to buy. They helped me find the solutions I needed to complete the cart I needed for my company. Best part is, it was all part of the regular product line, so I knew what I would be paying per month - every month. No surprises. Tech support and sales have continued to be amazing, even after I purchased.

What do you dislike?

not everything is compatible, but they are working to integrate seamlessly. They have an excellent tech support team and great response time... so I know they will do what they say. Certain popular apps are not natively supported, but they seem to have developed work arounds to most and offer alternatives - that have turned out to be better than the apps I thought I needed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the trial. Talk with the extremely knowledgeable staff. See if its right for you. We made the mistake early of just passing them by because we were not as familiar with them. Turned out, we were not going to get what we needed from the "name" companies. So happy I found them again.

We needed a cart program where we could separate pricing based on location - and customer level. No one had this solution - then I found 3D cart and its a native part of their program. This is going to be huge! We also solved the problem of shipping some of our products free and some of the heavy products with a fee, unless a dollar amount is met.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about 3dcart
3dcart review by Veronica P.
Veronica P.

"3dcart is one of the most powerful e-commerce platforms I've used!"

What do you like best?

I like the interface because it is very intuitive, and lets me create product pages, manage the ones I have, control the images displayed in the gallery, and manage the website all together. We're using a variety of e-commerce tools, and 3dcart is integrated with all of them, especially ones related to shipping and payment. For a tool that offers such variety of excellent features, 3dcart is, to say at least, simple and easy to understand. Even when you don't find it that easy, the vast user community will be happy to lend a hand.!

What do you dislike?

So far, there are only several things that I find a bit challenging to utilize. At times, the things you're looking into are so deep within the program that you'd have to take the time to look into it just so you'll know where it's embedded. You'll definitely need to know what you're seeking since that "thing" that you could be in need may be something entirely different.!

Recommendations to others considering the product

3dcart is super simple to learn. You can easily make a lot of online stores with it. I've been using this product for a good number of years and have made more stores catering to different products.!

We're simply coming up with online ordering for our biggest customers. This has made it simpler for them to buy products from our store. I can come up with a store for them and effectively secure their sensitive details that only they themselves can see and access.!

What E-Commerce Platforms solution do you use?

3dcart review by Administrator

"Solid Shopping Cart With Good Support"

What do you like best?

Easy to use and setup compared to other shopping carts. Support is key. Being able to quickly get in touch with a support that is not outsourced is important - especially with your business riding on whether or not your cart is functioning.

What do you dislike?

Seems like the default is that all features are turned on (add to mail list, reviews, etc.) and it takes time to track them down and turn them off if you just want a simple store. Also, would be nice to know which templates are the newest, up to date, or most popular, when selecting a site template/theme.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have tried most carts including Woocommerce. With 3D you get good old fashioned person to person tech support that eliminates the hours spent wading through "support forums" for answers when your business is off line.

Credit Card processing with Authorize.net was easy to setup compared to our old cart. Reliability compared to our old shopping cart.

3dcart review by Kelly H.
Kelly H.

"Flexible eCommerce Options"

What do you like best?

Easy to work with both larger (even multi-store) sites and small stores. Loads of pre-made templates to choose from. Very easy to modify the look and feel of your stores or go completely custom. Many built in features with options to add more from third party developers.

What do you dislike?

Doesn't integrate with all order management companies.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

3Dcart is great for small stores with plenty of room to grow. Built in inventory management. Easily integrates with Quickbooks and other order fulfillment software. Makes selling on third party market websites easy.

Great for small companies just starting out in eCommerce. One monthly fee (flexible to meet your current needs). No per sale fees.

3dcart review by Administrator

"Great Platform "

What do you like best?

Easy to use lots of built in features and a lot of good templates. Easy to load products and has built in SEO tools. I really like this platform. I am a small business owner with a full time job and this platform allows me to dedicate small amounts of time to it with out being too much. They have different plans to fit different business needs and the tech support is there 24/7 so anytime I have an issue I have someone to speak with.

Plus no transaction fees

What do you dislike?

Design wise it is hard to change things without know HTML and CSS. However there are a lot of cool templates and they can do design work for you if needed.

When I was researching platforms I notices there are not as many apps as a shopify, but there are more built in features so I personally do not need the additional apps.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great platform to grow your online business. Easy to load products and links to google analytics

I operate a small online cookie business and it allows me to sell my products online with out having the cost of a store front.

3dcart review by Shehroz H.
Shehroz H.

"Best online market"

What do you like best?

I really like the online payments system of 3dcart. Customers can view the products online and make decisions accordingly. Promotions and discounts can even be given which further increases the store's brand name. Along with this, having an online store increases reliability on the company's products as well. Never regretting my decision.

What do you dislike?

Often have I faced problems while using 3dcart on my mobile phone. Having so much of graphics and rich media involved, 3dcart even takes a lot of your mobile data and a strong internet connectivity is needed for the software to operate perfectly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this to people who would like to earn a bit extra on the side. This application is quite useful and having an online store brings more professionalism in your work.. A must have application for small to medium scale enterprises.

Since I downloaded 3dcart for my pharmacy, my sales have rocketed. People are now more aware about my products and store hence bringing more customers to my store. As the expiration dates for medicines have to be specially taken into account, 3dcart has been a blessing for me. I now add products into my online store and 3dcart itself takes care of the inventory. I get notifications if my products are going to expire soon or if the product is unavailable. I can easily earn more even by selling products online, which was not an option before.

3dcart review by Administrator in Medical Devices
Administrator in Medical Devices

"3DCart when we need a quick online store"

What do you like best?

3DCart is a very easy to learn software for creating quick online stores. I have used this product for years and created many stores for many product lines. I like the easy to use interface and the ability to upload a series of products into various categories.

What do you dislike?

There are only a few things that I find difficult to use. Sometimes the things you are looking for are buried deep into the software and you have to stop and search the system to find out where they reside. You will have to know what you are looking for, as it's sometimes called something much different than what you would expect.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product and easy to use, but take the time to read the instructions and watch videos.

We create easy online ordering for our largest customers making it easier for them to purchase our products. I can create a store for them and secure their information so only they can use it.

3dcart review by Tracy B.
Tracy B.

"One of the easiest eCommerce site builders I've used and highly customizable"

What do you like best?

3dcart is easy to use and really quite intuitive. From the backend the dashboard looks similar to a lot of other tools I have used to build eCommerce websites, but it is much easier to use. And if you know HTML you can customize pretty much anything!

What do you dislike?

I wish it had more Plug Ins like WordPress/WooCommerce. I would LOVE it if the Yoast SEO Premium Plugin could be made to work with 3dcart....or if 3dcart could come up with their own similar module. I would like if 301 redirects and 404's could be created more easily on the page/product you are deleting as you are deleting them.

I've been able to create attractive eCommerce websites at relatively low costs that have generated greater sales than previous websites for the same brand/store.

3dcart review by Administrator in Sporting Goods
Administrator in Sporting Goods

"3D Cart is a great beginner e-commerce platform, with some quirks"

What do you like best?

I love that 3D Cart is easy to use and has a lot of great marketing tools, including automated email campaigns, easy-to-run sales and promotions and various plug-ins. Their web designers are top notch and were very helpful when we redesigned our site.

What do you dislike?

3D Cart's support is lacking. It often takes more than 24 hours to get a response, and answers are not always helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to do your research before going with 3dcart. While it's a great e-commerce platform in many ways, it's important to know what you want to be able to do with your store before you start. We have had several ideas for promotions, rewards programs, etc that have not been possible with 3d cart's system.

3D Cart has allowed our company to easily list, organize, manage and sell hundreds of e-commerce products. With 3D Cart's easy to use tools, it has been simple to on-board new employees and train them to use the system as our company grows.

3dcart review by Olivia Z.
Olivia Z.

"Good e-commerce platform"

What do you like best?

Ease of adding products, modifying settings, and versatility. Customer service is pretty good. They do take customer suggestions with functionality, though they take a good amount of time to implement. It's extremely easy to teach less tech-savvy people to use.

What do you dislike?

Difficult to link to 3pl platforms without going through 3rd party.

Reporting is also off sometimes.

There are occasionally bugs, and it doesn't appear that the generic customer support is able to help with many of those issues. Last year, during one of our peak sales days during holiday, the entire server died and we were down for 2 hours. That was a big problem for us.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's simple to use. If you are a basic e-commerce store and you are looking for easy to use platform to create an online store, this is a good choice. It doesn't have the pre-loaded designs like other choices, but is easy to customize.

Our entire online store is on this platform. It functions well and is affordable for our needs.

3dcart review by Paul M.
Paul M.

"Let's talk about 3dcart"

What do you like best?

The templates are more or less fully customizable & the code blocks & variables are pretty straightforward. Adding & editing products is simple & it's easy to utilize different product templates. The servers can handle spikes in traffic & have been mostly stable for the past year that the store has been live. 3dcart's customer service team is usually very quick to respond & they aren't afraid to ask their developers questions if they don't know the answers. Their knowledgebase & forum have answers for a lot of extended customizations that aren't offered out of the box. It's been easy to integrate 3rd party systems (shipping, payment, etc.) into 3dcart. Promotions, gift cards, & group certificates function well & have allowed the company to try things that were never possible before.

What do you dislike?

The sorting function is numerical & doesn't allow you to drag & drop to sort products in a category. They've added that functionality to their product photo system, so I'd like to believe that they're working on it behind the scenes. We've had a lot of problems syncing the system with Quickbooks, so we've had to do a lot of inventory & accounting manually which is a headache. The search function (front-end & back-end/admin side) is very literal, so you have to really know what you're looking for. The customer rewards system could be more comprehensive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It might take time to add in any customizations that aren't offered by default, but it's worth it for the flexibility & stability that they offer.

Most every issue that the company experienced with the previous website design has been resolved. Everything that 3dcart offers has allowed the company to grow & expand the eCommerce side of the business.

3dcart review by Dianna S.
Dianna S.

"Simple to use and navigate "

What do you like best?

It was very simple to use with constant customer support constantly available online and the phone support was always quick to respond also

What do you dislike?

Nothing at all, it was very up to date and also had tons of amazing add on features that fit my needs

Recommendations to others considering the product:

None, it’s very easy to use!

I had no problems except that sometimes updates would reset settings for my store.

3dcart review by User

"An easy to use outstanding and professional shopping cart host."

What do you like best?

Shopping cart is easy to setup and requires no special skills. Customer service and technical support are responsive and knowledgeable. I've use other shopping carts in the past, this one is the best by far.

What do you dislike?

My only dislike is that sometimes you are placed on a long hold for technical support.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Thinking about it doesn't get it done, doing it does. Go with 3dCart and you will not be sorry, ever.

This shopping cart is very search engine friendly and helps you visualize what your search title, description and keys words look like and helps you rank well in a fairly short period of time.

3dcart review by William S.
William S.

"3D has some work to do"

What do you like best?

Great templates and easy to use for a beginner

What do you dislike?

VERY difficult to get the SEO right and be able to show up on search engines. Support is Zero, Sales is great, and management has no clue.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Always try the 14-day trial before signing up

Ecommerce for one of my online stores

3dcart review by Ken D.
Ken D.

"Great Features "

What do you like best?

Affordable package with a huge feature list.

What do you dislike?

It can be very complex for first-time users. The defaults are good, but it takes some time to customize because it's so powerful.

As the shopping cart improves, the number of inbound calls decreases allowing us to work on growing our business instead of taking orders.

3dcart review by Consultant

"Slick Ecommerce Website Design"

What do you like best?

Tired of the Big Boys and all the complexity.... 3dcart is easy to use and has great low cost Apps.

What do you dislike?

I would love if Product Options gave you the option of Free Shipping on each option.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Awesome, easy to use, worth your consideration.

Simplicity in Website Development.

3dcart review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Simple Way for Web Designers to get to a functioning eCommerce Site faster"

What do you like best?

3dcart was amazing when we first tried our demo. The ability to upload large amounts of products onto our site at once is a huge benefit. Tech support was always helpful and kind when we needed it. Their online knowledge base contains most of what a simple website needs to do in order to get it to work on a minimal to average level.

The ability to personalize a template was a real help too. I'm not a full fledged web designer nor developer, but I found myself able to turn a template into someting personal for the people I'm working for.

The accessibility to our site through a FTP program was of much help to us, especially since we were denied to get login information from our previous website host.

What do you dislike?

3dcart is setup for a smaller company that needs to get inventory online, and start selling immediately. That being said, I personally don't think it's optimal for companies, whether large or small, with a large amount of product SKUs.

Some things that are becoming more or less standard in executing as an eCommerce site are not well explained within their online knowledge base. Things like email automation, having to manually create all the meta tags so that your internal search can work like an actual search engine, and SEO tools are hard for the non-computer savvy to learn and can take time.

Also the amount of time to create all of the product options for each product and then applying them correctly can take days, if not weeks, depending on the complexity of your options. In my case, I was working with a wig re-seller with over 40 brands, 200s product per brand, and somewhere between 25-50 different color options per product that were specific per brand.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you or your team is working with a company that needs to get the ball rolling as in terms for an eCommerce solution, I believe 3dcart is the way to go. They do have some tools that simplify the process, and are worth checking out.

We are a small company trying to get online for the first time with an eCommerce store. Our staff are somewhat inexperienced with site building, but have learned quite a bit from having to switch from designing on Wordpress, to transferring to 3dcart hosting and web building.

We have literally thousands of product SKUs available to be put online, however each product needs to be very detail orientated and individualized. 3dcart helps with getting the large amount of product up onto the site, but becomes frustrating when we need to go back and spend additional time, sometimes an hour or more, per product. If 3dcart had more tools to personalize each product more efficiently, I would recommend more.

3dcart review by User

"3dcart"

What do you like best?

Much better than mail order manager. highly recommend

What do you dislike?

cost is a little higher. older gui was easier to use.

increasing web presence and sales

3dcart review by Administrator in Supermarkets
Administrator in Supermarkets

"Great Ecommerce software "

What do you like best?

I've been using for many years. Great product and service.

What do you dislike?

Wish they had auction software. I have requested.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use it!

Utilizing for our grocery delivery service.

3dcart review by Jordan L.
Jordan L.

"3dCart - Strong eCommerce Platform"

What do you like best?

Excellent intuitive interface that allows users to easily add products, manage product pages, control the image gallery, and to manage other areas of your website. Fully-integrated with a wide range of other ecommerce tools, including payment tools, shipping tools, etc. 3dCart is full-featured but easy to learn, and the support community is very eager to help.

What do you dislike?

Our website uses personalization options, and we have found it somewhat difficult to get the options menus to work as we wish that they would. This is an area to study carefully.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Evaluate a number of vendors by getting written proposals and site demonstrations ... the investment in research and learning about your options is important because the switching costs to move to a different platform are very high.

We were looking for a full-featured ecommerce platform to run every aspect of our ecommerce business. We've been happy with 3dCart and have even opened a second store and are in the planning stages of opening a third store.

3dcart review by Craig D.
Craig D.

"Solid, Flexible Ecommerce Platform"

What do you like best?

Flexible and easy to use platform. Modern, responsive templates that are easy to customize. Prompt and helpful customer service.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike. A few features not yet standard, such as color swatches.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Will be a great fit for most ecommerce businesses. With any platform you are considering, make a list of your requirements and make sure it will work for you.

Ecommerce hosting. Virtually no problems or downtime.

3dcart review by User in Computer Software

"3dcart"

What do you like best?

Easy to use and informative dashboard. There are also intro and tutorial videos on the dashboard. Free trial.

What do you dislike?

There is no built-in point-of-sale system. Dashboard is a bit cramped.

Easy to use shopping cart software to sell online.

3dcart review by Administrator in Health, Wellness and Fitness
Administrator in Health, Wellness and Fitness

"Overall Good experience but still has growing pains"

What do you like best?

User Friendly,nice plugins,good value, good tracking info.

What do you dislike?

Tech support not always helpful depending on tech that you are assigned

Lots of value added services, I hope to keep increasing sales

Learning about 3dcart?

* We monitor all 3dcart reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.